Asset Panda Reviews

4.65/5 (637 reviews)

James George

Asset Panda solved the impossible.

Reviewed 2018-09-17

We had an incredibly diverse inventory. Fields for one asset didn't necessary make sense for many other assets, which just about every inventory solution we slogged through demos trying out couldn't handle. At first I found their 10 table (group) limit rather restrictive, but once I figured out how I could leverage their system into a functional schema, it was as incredibly robust as if I'd built the database myself - and fast for a cloud solution. Now I don't need to spend unthinkable amounts of time building a LAMP solution from the ground up, or paying someone to do it for us, and all without hardware to worry about either. It's an expensive solution, but it will guarantee a worthwhile ROI when you do the math and realize the costs of creating a solution as powerful as they have yourself. And you get the Apps too!We had control over our basic database schema from the beginning. Asset Panda looks and feels like a turn-key inventory solution to our users, but we designed and built how it works for our own custom and niche needs, without a developer and without expensive licensing and hardware. If you factor in those costs to achieve the same control and quality that Asset Panda achieved out of the box, it easily pays for itself.

Lee Seidman

Product does what it is supposed to -- and we especially make use of the mobile application (scan)

Reviewed 2017-11-28

1) Gone are Move-Add-Change (MAC) forms that technicians would lackadaisically fill out (and if they did the penmanship turned the whole process into guesswork any way) 2) Asset repository can be updated instantaneously with a few taps on the SmartPhone 3) A decent attempt to impose some standardization 4) Reporting is only limited based on the type of data enter 5) Saves timeDefinitely barcode scanning with the mobile application; the software could not be easier to learn and use. Audit feature is really nice so the history of seeing how people screwed up what they did with an asset is right there. Nice repository for contract and warranty information.

Adam Wright

So many uses!

Reviewed 2018-09-13

GDPR compliance has been made easier with the system being rolled out to everyone we can use it as an image store with added contracts that people sign to allow us to use those images. its great. The overall experience is a good one, its helped me further my career in the field and has got my name on the map and thats partly down to this system and its capibilityOnce you learn the configuration of the system you can use it for so many things. It can replace electronic signing for assets or compliance... if there is a change in your asset management process its very easy to map in your mind what you would need to change on the system and what links will be affected. I cant say in my years of dealing with asset management that I have seenanything better or easier to use. The Mobile App is an absolute life saver. If your resource is stretched like mine, with the right processes in place you can mould the system to allow employee's to manage their own assets and take responsibility themselves which is a powerful thing.

Patrick Cirelli

Asset Panda is an exceptional tool for our company!

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Asset management that keeps our operations streamlined and saves us money.Excellent design, capability, and flexibility! After vetting many other vendors, Asset Panda far surpasses its competition. Its configuration flexibility, included features, and user interface are unmatched by all. Asset Panda makes it easy to configure a setup that aligns with your company's workflow and processes allowing you to create a powerful configurations that go beyond basic asset tracking giving you the tools you need to succeed. It includes many valuable features at no additional cost where competitors want to charge significant amounts for over their base product. Want to scan assets in and out with your smartphone? Asset Panda has you covered. Their competitors want to know how many users will you have, how many devices do you need, etc, all to charge you just to have the functionality whether you use it or not. Lastly, the user interface is excellent and highly configurable so that you can configure your setup to best meet your needs and the needs of end users not be stuck paying for a system that you need to adapt your business to to make it work.

Brittney Touchin

Tailored to my company

Reviewed 2017-01-11

We were looking for a photo catalog of all the items we had in stock. We do weekly events in multiple locations and we were looking for a way to keep track of what was being sent out to the events and track what was returned. Considering that we were going to hand out little giveaway items we would send out 100 items but we might not give away all of it. Some of it would be returned and have to be added back into inventory. That simple task was just not possible with other inventory systems we tried. We also were looking for something that included a photo. Our promotional inventory has multiple items that can be labeled the same but are different. ie, Pens vs Stylus pens or Plastic cups vs tumbler cups. It was very nice to be able to see a photo of what the item was. Again, this was a feature that other inventory systems were not capable of doing. I love that once the initial set up is in place that we are trained how to alter any aspect of the way our program is displayed and operates. We decide how our program functions. It is completely customizable. I am super impressed how much freedom this program gives us and is well worth the money to invest in. I was able to take care of 6 different monthly or weekly tasks with this 1 program. Now what use to take me nearly a week to complete I can complete in a day. This program is incredible! My only hang up is that it does take some poking around and a lot of trials and error to get the hang of. If you are not computer literate it may take you quite a while to understand how this works. It's very technical on the back end although when the back end is set up it is very user friendly. Completely customizable pulls customized reports has the option of a photo displayed The calendar feature is extremely helpful

Vanessa Kelley

IT Asset Management

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Our company has over 60 offices spread throughout the country, and before Asset Panda, we had no easy way to see where our equipment was assigned. We had to go through several different applications to see what assets even an individual employee had. Now, we can quickly see all equipment at an entire location. Asset Panda has greatly improved device accountability as well as equipment life cycle planning. Asset Panda is easy to use with an intuitive interface and customizable asset fields. The ability to import existing asset lists and scan in new assets is a huge time saver. Even manually entering new asset records is easy since Asset Panda has the ability to copy and then modify existing records, saving me from entering the same fields over and over, such as model numbers. If I do have trouble or questions, Asset Panda support is always prompt and friendly.

Alex Pelton

The setup process was very painless. Asset Panda helped us to develop the functionality we needed

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Easy cataloguing of all company assets and user friendly software that can be accessed by all staff. Allowed a live system of equipment availability to be developed. In future will allow us to perform rapid audits and maintenance of equipment and fleet.Easy to view all assets and their availability in an overview page. Group check out function very useful and time saving. Barcode scanner very responsive even using part of the barcode or when under a semi transparent surface. Addition of new assets and use of software very easy. Barcode generation very simple. When searching for a project it was very handy to only have to input part of the project name Addition of new projects and employees very easy. I've included a few cons but these are all minor. They don't mean to demean the software as it is very good, they are simply little observations that, with some minor tweaks could iron out a few issues I have had with the software personally.

Eric Hults

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I had the pleasure of working with the implementation of Panda for the company. Customer support has been more than helpful in every aspect of her responsibilities. Since the company I work with has never had an inventory management system this whole process is going to be a culture shock to them. simple processes that were poorly practiced are now replaced with the proper procedures to track and trace all assets. Support team's energy and enthusiastic approach to implementing this to my team was great. the thought did cross my mind that if I were to get a mundane implementation rep that it would make the employees think that this was another boring system that some young guy with a degree is trying to make an old dog do new tricks with...kind of a deal. There approach to implementation of the software was great. This also speaks volumes for her management to put her in a position that fits both her character and her work ethic. I give support team my highest recommendation for promotion. As a leader I would put her in a position where thry can emulate their personality throughout the company. thank you again for everything . Good luck and stay in touch.I have used this software in the past. Its been a few years, but to see how much the company has put into the program since then, and is a direct reflection of how the company as a whole operates. I am extremely excited to see what's to come.

Alvaro Medina

Excellent app to keep your assets in check

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Asset panda has helped us to see and manage the big picture of all our fixed assets in the company. It gave us a powerful report of what we have, what needs repair/replacement, what is lacking... etc. The barcode feature via the use of the mobile app makes life easy for the auditors, and the report and dashboard is intuitive and friendly enough even for the management team.We moved from an internally (Intranet) developed Asset management tool to this full-featured, Cloud-based solution. And we love every bit of it! Easy cataloging of all our company assets with a user-friendly software that any of our staff can access. First, the use of the cloud makes it accessible from anywhere and anytime. We hardly noticed any downtimes that affected our operations. Accessible also via our mobile devices, we can easily create barcodes, and scan it for easy tracking and update of records. I am rarely impressed with the customer support, but hats off to Asset Panda team. Their training and on-call support has been fast, efficient, and polite. The reporting tool is powerful. It can churn out all our records into a well formatted and context relevant reporting format.

Anonymous

Asset Panda is a great way to keep track of all your company's equipment.

Reviewed 2018-09-29

We used Asset Panda in my previous company that we had quite a bit of equipment and inventory. Before we migrated to Asset Panda it was hard to keep up where all of our equipment was and on what job we needed it for. We first tried the trial with Asset Panda and it went really smoothly and we liked what we saw. We then went ahead and set up the full version. The representative was really friendly and helpful on customizing what we needing to track all of our equipment. I like this software because it has a lot of bells and whistles with it and you can really customize everything on it. It is a pretty quick transition to learn everything and it has a simple design to it as well. It is convenient because it has a mobile version as well that we gave to all of our technicians. It can send alerts and they can check something in on their phone. The price for this was fairly reasonable as well. I would try out the trial to see if it fits with your needs then decide from there.

Anonymous

Very robust system that continues to improve as needs come up.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Easier tracking of equipment, ability to note damages to equipment, ability to report equipment as stolen, ect.What I've enjoyed the most about Asset Panda has been the experience of working with a system that didn't have nearly the capabilities that it did on launch that it does today. The asset panda team has been amazing in their willingness to continue to improve the system based on our needs. While we didn't have graphs and charts to show our equipment inventory at the beginning of our usage of Panda, due to requests, they've added it in. Any time I've had anything go wrong, they've been able to resolve the issue within a weeks' time, usually less.

Codie Hill

Great for basic use, the more complex features are still missing some automation functionality.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Easy to use. The web client has a clean appearance. The ability to create reports and customized actions is great.

Michael Ito

Asset Management for the Honolulu Fire Department

Reviewed 2018-08-08

Asset Panda is extremely flexible, highly configurable, and easy to use. It is a great product for managing a wide assortment of products from fixed assets to consumables. One of Asset Panda's best features is its ability to record, manage, and maintain required specific information on specialty items. For example, annual testing information for fire hoses and maintenance, inspection, use, and repair information for different pieces of personal protective equipment such as turnouts, masks, SCBAs, etc.

Chris Loving

We've found a few bugs and a few limitations but it fits 95% of what we would like which is great

Reviewed 2018-01-29

I think it could look a little better; be a little prettier. While the layout is logical, there are other systems have a nice look while still having a nice look and feel. (knit picking) Like I said, I've found a few bugs and a few limitations. I wish I could change the color of the fields in the app (I understand that's in the works.) And I wish that the panda could also generate actual work orders when routine maintenance needs to be preformed, not just a reminder to create a ticket. I can do that with my outlook calendar. As far as functionality, I have a hard time with notifications. I feel like what each action does could use a little more explanation. Perhaps some alt text when you roll over an action or an info button? (see the star ratings of this survey)I love the customization and that I can make the changes myself. it allows me to fine tune the different tools to meet my specific needs. I also love the app portion. Surprisingly, it was difficult for me to find a ticket/asset management tool that had a good app. I love the fact that I can forward an email to asset panda that I receive from a customer and it generates a ticket. Helps streamline the process and makes it so I don't forget to make one. It also makes it so the people who generally would create tickets, like my printer and mail guy, create tickets so they can keep track of how much time they're spending on tasks. I love that I can add any and all documents concerning assets to the asset. I even included a training video on how to use a task chair to the task chair asset. Brilliant. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the panda evolves in the future.

David Tobin

Great for asset tracking, but the assignment and reservations functions are severely lacking

Reviewed 2018-05-15

It's a single database that tracked the current state of all assets with an easy to use interface that is accessable over the web.Once you have the record structure, it becomes easy to replicate assets, without having to bill import. The report generation, while simple and limited, meets all of our needs.

Erin Serafin

Five Stars for Asset Panda!

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Overall I am impressed with the system. I am able to track the history of any asset, right down to exactly who has had access to it (useful for when items come back from the field without being cleaned properly)! Customer support has been open, friendly, and helpful. The system is easy to navigate and customize. Entering things in the system as I take inventory of our various labs has allowed me to figure out exactly what assets we currently have and which ones have been disposed of, and track all of the necessary information with ease and clarity. I like that the system is customizable to your specific needs. Most everything in the configuration side of the settings is self explanatory and easy to use (and if I wasn't catching onto how something worked on my own, the support tab is always there to help). I like that the app includes a barcode scanner so I didn't have to worry about the added expense of buying one. I also like that I can create my own barcodes within the system, completely customizable and in various sizes depending on the size of the asset I want to tag. The ability to add pictures and documents to an asset is fantastic - no more searching the Internet for a manual that may or may not exist anymore because an asset is too old!

Rodney Hester

Director of Supply Chain and Operations

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Asset Panda drives the movement, planning and tracking of Catapult's medical equipment across the country. It provides a clear snapshot of where our assets are being utilized, which team members they are assigned to and any preventative maintenance that has taken place. The functionality is extremely user friendly and can handle the highly transactional business of Catapult. As business process continue to change and improve, Asset Panda can easily be configured to follow along. We are extremely happy with the product. Our asset Panda implementation was great. We are a highly transactional business and the configurability of the system fit us perfectly. In the call with the implementation coordinator, we were able to specifically walk though our requirements for the initial setup and they nailed it. We then took the reins and dialed things in with our team. I am very pleased with what the product provides to a business our size.

Matt Mowery

Asset Panda at ZirMed

Reviewed 2017-01-23

The sales and support staff at Asset Panda have been very responsive and extremely helpful. It was great working with customer support representative to get the product demonstrated and purchased and did an outstanding job helping us develop our platform and stand up the product. One of the customer support representatives was also a tremendous asset when it came to troubleshooting our issues. We have now been using Asset Panda operationally for a few days and the internal teams are enjoying the product and are excited about the potential it has to improve our property accountability and work-flows. We enjoy the customization capabilities, ease of use, and the clean, simple design and layout. I believe it will accomplish largely what we were looking for in asset management and tracking system at an extremely competitive price. We also think the mobile app is a nice and convenient addition to the platform. I did, however, give the Features & Functionality a lower score (which also dropped Overall Quality and Customer Support slightly) as it took us nearly 40 additional days to become operational due to issues with the Active Directory integration. I believe our current solution will work but I am not sure is the ideal implementation of the Active Directory integration. The issues we encountered were no fault of anyone but as common as Active Directory and Active Directory integrations with cloud-based platforms are, we expected the process to be much easier and more seamless than it was. We had an internal go-live date of January 3rd, as our fiscal year is the calendar year, and this was pushed back to January 20th because of the Active Directory integration issues and we were only able to become operational at that time based on somewhat of a stop-gap fix that we came up with internally. Now that our Employees and Users are integrated with Asset Panda and those issues seem to be behind us, our experience is by no means a deal-breaker. We just hope that future integrations are a bit easier to use. Otherwise, we are definitely happy with the product thus far and are excited to be using it!Ease of use; customization capabilities; mobile app; clean interface.

Daniel Callis

Pleasantly surprised to find this amazing cloud based platform to manage my inventory. Love it!!!

Reviewed 2017-12-22

I love how fast everything loads. I love how easy it is to navigate that main page. It makes you feel in control of what you want to see. So user friendly. Easy to select as many assets as you want and either reallocate them from location, status, etc. Also easy checkout process. The customer service is also what sold me. The most friendly, honest and professional people. You will deal with 1 person who will walk you through setting up your trial period and will customize it to your needs in almost no time. Then you get to play around with it to make sure you are happy and gives you an opportunity to ask more questions over a few days or weeks. Then the implementation expert will take it to the next level and fully customize it for you and make sure you know exactly how to use all of the tools. I didn't think I would ever be excited about something like this, but it will deliver amazing results for a fair price.

Harlin Wilkin

We track or fleet and maintenance/repairs. It has centralized our info and synced our team.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

The main benefit is getting all of our fleet information centrally located and available to all team members.It allows our team to stay informed as well as keep asset records up-to-date between us. With the mobile app we can document repairs in real time and keep everyone in the know. Reports helps us to understand what issues we are having and how to work to prevent or minimize them in the future.

Easy Cloud Asset Management

Reviewed 2018-10-17

We wanted an affordable cloud based asset management solution that was reliable and easy to use that also provided a good level of customer service, we found that with Asset Panda. Deployment was quick and easy with the service provided by Asset Panda. The solution is versatile and allows for a multitude of asset management scenarios. Easy to report on asset information and easy to setup new reports on the fly. The mobile app is a good alternative when on the move and also easy to use. The solution is cloud based and therefore can be accessed from anywhere with very little or no downtime, apart from scheduled maintenance. User permissions and roles can be customized to suit access requirements. There are integration options for other cloud apps and services, such as Zendesk.

Ryan Green

Great asset management app, very good mobile app

Reviewed 2018-05-31

The integration with the mobile app for taking pictures and scanning items is fantastic and speeds asset management without having to purchase expensive dedicated scanners. The platform is extremely reliable, we can't remember an outage in the past year.

Elizabeth Davis

Very Pleased

Reviewed 2018-11-26

We needed an inventory system that was completely customizable, and allowed imports (as many as you wanted) to make updates. We needed to be able to make our own supporting tables. Asset panda had all of that, and much more. The mobile app is a special bonus that makes our job easier.I like that Asset Panda lets me completely customize my inventory fields and supporting tables (groups). I also like the color coding, love the reporting generating interface, and the mobile app with bar code scanning capabilities.

Chris Wilkes

We use A.P. to manage our I.T. inventory for about 700 employees

Reviewed 2018-06-27

The flexibility and mobile app. Its so easy to make changes to the inventory on the fly. The reporting functions are critical to our environment too and one of the reasons we chose the product. I appreciate how easy it is to make changes to the layout/design and function of our database and that we can make those changes ourselves. The support from Asset Panda is also outstanding.

Scott Bair

Very quick responses and follow through from support team. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Internal asset tracking to hold people accountable for company owned equipment.How customizable it is. We can accomplish everything we imagined with internal asset tracking and more than what we originally expected to get from a system. Really pretty inexpensive. Very customizable work flow for notifications, etc. Will change the way we internally do business and hold accountability for the care of company owned equipment. The cost of Asset Panda will be easily absorbed with payroll deduction when employees return equipment damaged or missing parts - ACCOUNTABILITY!