CHEQROOM Reviews

4.57/5 (83 reviews)

Gabriel Afana

Easy to use hardware/equipment management system with great support

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Greatly simplified the management of our equipment rental, allowing us to handle more and more reservations without getting mixed up. It's now an absolute standard in our daily toolbox of things we use to run our business.We looked around at several inventory management systems but none of them were right. Cheqroom is exactly what we were looking for. An easy to use cloud-based inventory management system that would allow us to keep track of equipment rentals between two different warehouse locations. It is pretty robust but is easy enough for everyone in the office to use it to enter reservations, check out gear, check it back in, etc. I'd say the best element of Cheqroom is the support. They are always quick to reply when I have a question or need help. More than that, they don't just give a short canned response - They really dig in deep, understand the challenge, test on their end, and provide several suggestions on how to address the issue I am facing. They really want you to succeed with their service and so far it's been a huge life saver for us. Lastly, they have taken feedback and suggestions that I've provided and actually implemented them extremely quick. These updates, although minor, have helped the service really fit right in and work exactly as we need. Cheqroom is one of those companies that I actually am happy and enjoy being a client of theirs. I'm proud of it. I hope as they grow, they stay awesome.

Michelle Turingan

The website works okay, but the app experience is not great.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Making my shooters self-sufficient with reservations has been a game changer. It used to take up a huge chunk of my time just managing gear sign-outs, but now Cheqroom gives them the ability to put holds on coveted items and flags potential scheduling conflicts. That's awesome.The most useful feature is using the software for gear inventory. Master online list of all equipment with serial numbers that you can sort through by different categories is a huge step up from a shared google document.

AnDrew Tyler

It is the easiest, cleanest way to manage all of our Film equipment, among 100+ students.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

We gained the ability to monitor how our gear is being used. and a fair way to distribute it among all of our students.I love the glossy feel. I love knowing where all our expensive gear is at any given moment. I love feeling like I'm in control. I like that I can create kits of gear, and pull items into repairs when needed. I like the calendar view a lot. I like having uniform labels for everything. Customer Service is fast and very helpful. I love that all users have signed a TOA and agree to our legal terms. That helps me as an administrator rest easy.

Patrick Driscoll

Overall this is pretty good. It gets the job done and is better than paper and pencil for sure.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

We moved off of pen and paper equipment loan tracking. We can see what is available when much more easily and users can have access to view whats available at any time and create their own reservations. I like that we finally have our equipment in a digital web based system that can be accessed from anywhere. It looks great and our organization is satisfied with it.

Pouya Nia

Streamlining Asset Management and Self-Checkout

Reviewed 2017-03-28

Our production studio considered probably over a dozen asset management systems before we chose Cheqroom. Our consensus was that Cheqroom was the only forward moving company that really strived to innovate and take asset management and check-out into the 21st century. If you're curious about our workflow here it is: We run a creative studio within a church organization. People who handle our equipment range from creative professionals to departments that need to borrow, let's say a card reader. Each person on our production crew has their own account and they use the app to scan and self-check-out equipment. The departments can drop by anytime while our studio is open and we ring up their items for them under an account made just for their department as a whole. Self-checkout is HUGE and what takes it to the next level is the mobile apps. QRs are annoying once in a while, but great most of the time as they are the best choice for mobile/camera scanning. Barcodes work too but sometimes mobile cameras have a hard time resolving the close lines. Well those are my thoughts. Cheqroom is has worked well for us and until someone else does something significant on the block, it is pretty much a no-brainer. P.S. Did I mention that one of my favorite features about Cheqroom is assigning photos to an item?? Oh yeah, you just type in or copy and paste the item name and it automatically pulls a few photos from the internet. That's right. Welcome to the 21st century. Cheers.

Arik Durfee

Great product, a bit too expensive

Reviewed 2017-03-27

This product is exactly what we were looking for. Our high school has cameras and audio recording equipment that students can check out. We had been using just a Google Doc to keep track of it all. But Cheqroom was perfect for us. We labeled each item with a QR code and use a barcode scanner for check-in and check-out. The student aides that run the room have found the software very intuitive and easy to use. We have been able to manage reservations and checkouts far more effectively. The only complaint we have is the price. We have 60 or 70 items in inventory. There is a very reasonable price for 50 items, but the next step up is 250 items for $900 per year. We went ahead and did that, but I don't think we'll be able to justify that again in the future, so we'll have to figure out how to make 50 items work even though we have slightly more than that. If there were more incremental price increases based on the number of items (a 100-item option would be ideal), I would give the product 5 stars for sure!Intuitive. Easy to set up and use. Effective inventory tracking. Great reservation making system.

Anonymous

Great software that has helped us manage field equipment sharing across a large team.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Equipment/asset management, equipment sharing, detailed inventory, potential for automated equipment billing.Easy to customize fields, excellent QR code scanning, and now built-in automatic notifications. I am hopeful we will have mobile push notifications soon so it's not always an inundation of Cheqroom emails. Customer support has been excellent and updates with tangible improvements are regularly being released.

Bradley Hunt

A good solution for inventory management.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

- Ability to track inventory - Attach calibration sheets, instructions and information sheets to inventory itemsSoftware provides a quick and easy way for our team to track and manage our inventory through an app on their smart phone. Customer service is quick and development team seems quite flexible in considering feedback from users.

Mark Ciesielski

It works wells for us checking equipment in and out at our high school TV station.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Peace of mind knowing where our equipment is at and who has it.Ability to track the equipment and then go back and look at records is a nice feature. Being able to put all of our equipment in and access it easily is also nice. Multiple equipment check outs has bceom easier too.

Kaitlyn Busbee

CHEQROOM is a great tool for accountability and knowledge amongst teammates and organizations.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Aside from fulfilling an audit requirement, we now have a process in place for equipment tracking and management that is working out very well for us. In reflection, we're quite lucky that the auditors saw the need for more accountability and specificity regarding our departmentally purchased gear. We know when to plan for shoots around other team members and their production schedules. We know what gear is available. And we now have an up to date log of the status of our gear, with the ability to flag a particular item when repair, replacement, or cleaning is necessary. CHEQROOM has created a greater sense of accountability, responsibility, and knowledge amongst our team and the broader institution. CHEQROOM's scanning software is incredible. When utilizing the scan function for simple check out/check in or equipment it is executed with ease and speed. The log that that then generates on our profile is a great tool for accountability and insight. It's also a great resource for keeping up to date with equipment upkeep, i.e. repairs, replacements, and general cleaning.

Leslie Hantos

Easy to setup the workplace, lot of customization option, very friendly customer support.

Reviewed 2018-06-16

Product tracking, and we have no lost demo equipment, scheduling.It has an extremely easy to use workplace. If you would like to track demo requirements, this is the best solution for it. It sends e-mail to the contact person about the check-out/check-in, you can schedule the units easily and it picks up the product image from the web. So you can clearly identify it. The mobile application is also easy to use. With the QR code support, we don't need any special hardware on field.

Ricky Telg

Easy to use. Very functional.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

the BIGGEST benefit is that we've moved from a paper-and-pencil check out system to something that students can access on their phones wherever they are. Accessibility 24/7 is the BIGGEST BENEFIT. We were able to have every student who needs to reserve video equipment access Cheqroom. It was extremely easy for everyone to use. Students access Cheqroom on their smartphones. We also have set up an iPad reservation station where students can use Cheqroom near where the video equipment lies, for easy check-out and check-in. I especially like that students must use Cheqroom when they return the equipment.

Steve Martin

Works great for our bike shop rental program. I'm sure we don't even use all of the product features

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Streamlined our rental process which the Lightspeed Module is not as easy to use and more costly.The graphics and ease of use. Editing and set up has improved since we started with the Beta versions.

Tom Wilk

This was the product we were looking for. Not too big and bloated yet not under powered and lacking.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

This software gave us the ability to track all of the equipment we loan to internal customers. We can not only track the equipment but we can also see and be alerted to when it is due back.The flexibility that Cheqroom gives us to handle assets to loan is great. It also provides many ways to look at your reservations, loans, and equipment. The feature I use the most as a manager is the Dashboard. I can quickly and easily see what equipment is out, when it is due, who has it, etc. Being web based makes it super easy to be able to quickly click on just about anything to look deeper. The most important feature for us is the ability for Cheqroom to create an electronic form for our customers that includes the terms of the loan and what they are borrowing.

Mike Lakusiak

Great system for managing our school's equipment needs.

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Ease of use and easy to train new staff on, mobile apps, reporting and inventory management. Quick to add items and audit chain of custody.

Jason Grant

Great product. It's brought much needed order to our equipment inventory, and users like it.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Good set of features, which covers everything we need it to do. Nice clean interface; users figured it out with little trouble. The team behind it seems motivated and friendly.

Anonymous

So far my experience as been good. Fairly easy, good customer support, fair pricing.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Easily understand the schedule of our equipment.Import CSV file of equipment. Easy view calendar. PDF report generation and comments. Generally easy to get setup.

David Kinsman

Exactly what our organization needed.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Ease of use. Very intuitive. Was a breeze to get it setup and runnIng right from the first day. Once all our equipment had been entered into the system we were on our way.

Karl Schmidt

Perfect solution for University Media Gear Rental

Reviewed 2017-03-24

We've been using Cheqroom for two years now at a major state university in the US for video gear checkout/rentals for students and faculty. We demoed several solutions for our 200+ piece gear library, and Cheqroom was far and above the best. It's very easy to set up and use, they continually improve the software, and the staff is super responsive to suggestions. I couldn't imagine running my lab without this service. Easy to use

Anonymous

It has a lot of functionality, but with all this functionality it gets hard to understand sometimes

Reviewed 2018-03-30

No more paper lists with all kind of scribbles but a good tool to keep track, all time everywhere.You can do almost anything you want and there are a ton of features I dont even use. It helps us to keep track of everything and by this keep our users accountable for our products.

Chris Niewiarowski

Been using it to manage IT equipment checkout and so far it works well.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

many, it's easy to use and web based. I like that I can quickly and easily reserve equipment for people when I need to and that I can give users the ability to make reservations themselves. Being web based is a major plus.

Guy Yarom

Very good make life easy

Reviewed 2018-04-06

That everything is under one app and I can use my phone do all checking and checkout that all

Vlad da Cunha

Best booking software I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-04-06

New features and adjustments are implemented regularly, support team is excellent and the includes features I need at a reasonable cost

Juan Martinez

Best Equipment Manager I've ever Used!

Reviewed 2018-03-29

The software is intuitive, it helps me keep track of my equipment with ease and accessibility. It is extremity flexible and I have it with me all the time with the iOS App when I get those last minute calls for equipment request. I like that we have equipment in multiple campuses and I get to manage only what's in my campus rather then all the equipment at once.

Jonathan Blaylock

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed 2017-03-07

My video production company, Mobile Mod Productions, often sends out company equipment with our team members. We keep a strict schedule and everyone does their best to fill their part. My job is to issue out said equipment (cameras, sound gear, lenses, lighting). This is not an easy feat when we have several crews out at a time handling various jobs. I was becoming bogged down trying to juggle the confusion. Then I came across CHEQROOM and I am beyond grateful I did! Their equipment management software is second to none. The software allows me to have very tidy outline of where and to whom each individual piece of equipment is checked out to. It allows each team member to report, immediately, any malfunctions or repairs the gear may need. We have noticed quite a notable change in our overall maintenance of our gear. I was also able to enhance our deadline completions by utilizing the 'turn-in-your-equipment' warning emails that come along with the service. Any time a piece of equipment's operator was approaching a deadline, they would have a pre-notice of that deadline. This is an all around wonderfully useful tool! I'd highly suggest it to any company that may lend out company equipment to numerous crews! Very user friendly, and though I only needed assistance once, it was the politest costumer service I have ever dealt with. Thanks guys!