DocuSign Reviews

User ratings

4.8

6.6K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I have always had a great experience with this software easy and accessible gets what you need to do done quickly and both parties are happy.
And the ease of use with the convenience it provides for all your signing legal documents makes this a great product. Had given me overall a great experience each time that I had used it.
I really like the fact that it is a very secure website to sign important and legal documents and send them safely over the internet.
Every contact with customer service was a failure. It's a real shame that such a big company can release such a bad API / SDKs...the worst API integration I have ever made.
At first, I missed one document that I had to go back and sign once I found the correct email. This is probably more user error, but it did make it more confusing.
My business did more for our customers than our contract required - because it's the right thing to do. I was very disappointed in DocuSign that they automatically charged my credit card.

DocuSign users...

Adobe Acrobat Reader

dotloop-logocaret
+ 3

dotloop

How would you rate DocuSign?

6,685 reviews

BB

Beth B.

Office Manager

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Safe and secure way to easily create send and sign important documents

Transcript

Beth C.: Hi. My name is Beth and I am an office manager. I give DocuSign five stars out of five, and...

DocuSign, More than a signature.

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a business owner in the service industry, and I give DocuSign a four...

DocuSign is your simple solution for digital signatures

Excellent for basic contracts

Pros

Status tracking is great as you’re updated through email with signed and updated documents. Electronic signature in Docusign was the first of its kind and works very well.

Cons

Document Management is a great feature but could use a little improvement in its design and search feature.

Works for digital signatures

Docusign was effective and easy for me to use. I saved so much time not having to go to the office or meet in person. As a paralegal I deal with a large number of documents each day and many need authenticated signatures so docusign was great for me to have. Sadly there are some problems with the software but I hope that they will be fixed and I would love to try it again.

Pros

I can send documents that need to be signed to anyone from anywhere. I don't have to meet them in person and I don't have to go to the office and use my work desktop. Use it anywhere! Use templates and save customizations to be used next time. Some third part apps can be used with docusign, very convenient! Ease of use is great and security is good enough for legal documemt use.

Cons

There have been times when I needed to cancel or edit a document with an error or blank field and docusign does not allow me to do that. This makes me have to complete several extra steps in order to get the document properly typed up, signed, and sent. I haven't found a way to draw my own signature and some of the places I regularly send documents to called to make sure it was legitimate when we first started using docusign.

Even if it doesnt work they will keep your money.

You pay for envelopes you do not use, if the program does not nowrk they cannot fix it and will not give you your money back.

Pros

That it is supposed to gather electronic signatures for Real estate Contracts in real time when it works.

Cons

I have been using docusign for years without issue. Suddenly the program began to skip initials and allow clients to submit unsigned documents. It only allows so many "envelopes"per month. So when the program is not working you have to call and beg for them to replace the envelope. I had to call and asked to have the problem fixed. It ended up really affecting a real estate transaction not having access...

Robust service

For real estate there's nothing else that can do what i need.

Pros

I like that i can set complex templates and also have complex signer setups. And that i can edit after sending in case there was a mistake. I like the clone feature.

Cons

It can be cumbersome and the settings are extensive and not very user friendly.

Great tool to manage employment contract

Pros

I have found DocuSign easy to use and integrate with our ATS, Greenhouse. It's also easy to see if the person has received the contract. It was easy to draft the contract and add the signature field along with the date. More features can also be used and come in handy when managing employment contracts.

Cons

I can't think of anything that could be improved. I think DocuSign is simple to use.

Quick and easy contract management

Pros

It's an easy-to-use platform; when you have questions about using it, you can access tutorials or FAQs for help. Through it, I can follow the flow of contract signatures and even put customizable rules. In addition, I can browse the platform and find all my documents instead of storing them on my computer, optimizing space.

Cons

I believe some customizable things could be improved and more intuitive, like the order of the signature that could be changed more easily.

Docusign- The New way to get it signed

Overall I would give DocuSign a 10 out of 10 stars because it's a great program it's inexpensive it's easy to use and it's a great way to get your information or your document signed without going through a lengthy process and making appointments for people to meet in person when all this can be done digitally and on the go

Pros

DocuSign is a great program for any business especially one that's on the go or doesn't use a brick and mortar kind of meet up and sign documents feature. DocuSign makes it easy for various people to sign in and sign the documents that they need to sign and it also has a great way of managing those documents so that they're easy to find and easy to pull up as well as many signatures being entered into the program and the ease of use is just phenomenal.

Cons

As far as this program I think it's a awesome program and I don't feel that there's anything really wrong with it I think that it should be an option to have a business DocuSign versus a personal DocuSign so that the business aspect of it can actually enter more documents more signatures and make it easier to use but other than that it's a great program and it can be used for either right now

Easy to use but expensive compared to others out there

Good product and a shame that I cannot use anymore due to the excessive price increase

Pros

Ease of use, lots of features, good customer support

Cons

Expensive for businesses that send lots of envelopes, compared to other companies out there, no monthly payment option for corporate plan

Docusign is a very practical and easy software

Pros

Docusign is amazing software that I use every day at work to send contracts for client signatures. It's very easy to create the list of emails I'm going to send and I also realize that people don't have difficulties signing contracts. Very simple and easy to use. I can resend it to the customer's email at any time, in case you didn't see it in the email.

Cons

Sometimes some people do not receive the Docusign email and it goes to spam.

Great product with a big downside

I used a free trial but when I found out there is a cap to number of envelopes in a year I switched to HelloSign

Pros

Ease of use, rich with features and easy learning curve

Cons

Big downside of DocuSign is the limitation in number of envelopes/documents you can send out in a year.

Bridging the Gap Between a Traditional and a Modern Workplace

When I was hired on, one of my primary tasks was to develop a way to take four separate facilities with their own unique filing systems and their own administrative procedures that were rooted business practices from the 1960s, and transform them into a single company run from a centralized office with all data storage to be accomplished via the cloud. We designed the infrastructures of the various...

Pros

When I took the position of Clinical Director at this inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, I was presented with the unenviable task of taking four separate and distinct facilities--located across three counties--and streamlining their processes, allowing all executive and administrative functions to be handled at a single office. Near the very top of my list of potential hurdles was deploying...

Cons

I firmly believe that for organizations that are currently using some sort of digital file management system, there would be absolutely no difficulty in integrating DocuSign with their current business practices. Our company was at a disadvantage initially because we were not only implementing DocuSign but also making a full transition from traditional filing cabinets and folders to a cloud based system. Attempting to determine the best and most efficient ways to integrate DocuSign with the other software we were simultaneously rolling out was a challenge. Luckily, DocuSign had ready-made instructions that walked us through the implementation step by step.

The Most Popular Digital Signature Platform

DocuSign is used to contact clients that are isolated or quarantined for medical reasons, to get documents signed. The audit trail and authentication tools are helpful. It would be impossible to navigate the current professional climate without a digital signature platform, and DocuSign is the most popular. I would recommend shopping around and taking advantage of free trials before settling on one product.

Pros

DocuSign is undoubtedly the most popular digital signature platform. The format is recognizable to most clients, and my IT department doesn't have much issue working with the template library. When DocuSign is properly set up, you are unlikely to experience any notable issues.

Cons

The design is less than intuitive. My IT department struggles to navigate the administrative tools, and has issues understanding problems that users are having. To resolve issues, users often contact DocuSign IT before contacting our department IT. Thankfully, DocuSign IT is very helpful, and not a lot of time is spent waiting on hold.

Digital Transformation starts with electronic Signature.

It is good to very good. I think it is too expensive. The version I use does not have the full feature, which is even more expensive. I do respect the Value provided due to the time savings and ease of doing business but overall, it should have been at least been cheaper.

Pros

As the one who loads contract and documents for signoff in my organisation this has been easiest system to work with - Drag and drop my contract and other document. 2. Enter a name of party and if this name was already entered, then the address book pops in the email address. 3. Set the order for sign off, and wait for users to get their notifications. Docusign has moved my process from 3 week to...

Cons

The initial email goes to Junk. (BIG ISSUE) when I am dealing with a new client, who has never had a docusign email from me. In this case, I always have to call clients to take a look into their Junk mail. A challenge that I face with this platform is with the address book, if you user enters incorrect name or email for a signature party, the system does not have a way to correct this error, you just have to make a new duplicate contact, which sometime cause confusion when you are trying to find a specific user. The example John Public - email: Jpublic@hmc.net if this is entered as John Public email: Jpubli@hmcc.net - then both records are kept in the address book, which can causes confusion going forward.

Excellent agreement and digital signature app

Excellent is the only word for this app. Extremely easy to start with, easy to customize, share and get things done ( signature, review or agreements) faster

Pros

We love DocuSign for it's absolutely ease to create, send, share, remind the agreements that we share with our students and Parents. Its one tool that is the starting point of a relationship of our company with our customers. With ease, our customers can easily review, agree and sign the documents and since they are cloud enabled we can easily keep track of the documents, review for any clauses etc If you work with customers, this is the first investment you should do!

Cons

We are in a per seater plan, and would have liked to have payment plan enabled for the pay-per-seat plan as well. Currently its only for business pro plans and onwards. That being said, it does not affect our business or sales process and collections. Just good to have feature for paid users as well

I don't know how we did business before Docusign

I was just mentioning to someone last week how Docusign has revolutionized our contracts process. What used to require a ton of paper, fed-ex overnight packages, and things being signed in three or four copies has now all been done away with. If it's one signer or a dozen, Docusign makes it super easy. The auto-reminder emails are really helpful, too. From time to time we'll encounter "old folks" who don't know that clicking the email isn't enough to sign the document - you have to follow the (clearly explained) instructions that follow, but once they're told to try again, they usually get it. We do 15 to 20 contracts per month and it works great every time.

Pros

We sign a lot of contracts, and the signers are usually busy folks who don't have time to print and scan and email. If we're lucky, they had a secretary or assistant who could shove a contract in front of them for a signature, but that wasn't usually the case. With Docusign, a few clicks have a contract signed sealed and delivered.

Cons

I'm trying to think of a way to be critical of Docusign, but I really can't. Their setup can be as simple or detailed as any contract calls for. Perhaps a "signing wizard" for the tech-impaired crowd might make it a tad simpler, but it's pretty doggone easy as it is. I can't complain.

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy...

Cons

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Makes Paperwork Seamless

Obtaining a DocuSign account was one of the smartest decisions I made in my role in HR. I figured we'd obtain this software and use it to sign documents on an ad-hoc basis, but because it's so easy to use and simple to customize, it's truly become an extension of our business and is used by many departments, HR, Legal, Finance, and Executives.

Pros

First of all, DocuSign is a popular choice for many companies, which makes it a seamless technology to use with your employees, vendors, and clients. It's easy to have someone sign a document with the system because it's widely used so people are familiar with what the interface looks like and how they go through the steps to fill in forms and sign documents. We don't really have to train people on...

Cons

The only thing I wish we could do is take the data submitted into a form (for example, a number put into one box and the name of who entered it) and then put that into a trackable spreadsheet. But, this is not the main functionality of the system so I get why this has not been fully flushed out yet. Otherwise it works great for all the ways we use it.

Docusign Review

Overall, I'll always use DocuSign. I like that I can quickly send it over to my students, get contracts signed from newly enrolled students. Because of DocuSign, I'm able to get new student contracts done and everything is easier to save because I'm now paperless!! I LOVE that it doesn't eat up space on my devices because there's no downloading complications with this product.

Pros

DocuSign is super easy to use! I like the simplistic layout, and how I'm able to use the software universally on any of my devices.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to edit certain parts of documents if needed, make marks on docs, and ad images would be nice.

You'll Wish You Started Using DocuSign Years Ago

DocuSign was a program that I was introduced to at a previous company. The process my new company used was tedious for both our customers as well as our team as the customer would have print the documents, sign them, and then scan or fax them back to us. The team would have to constantly follow up as customers were not keen to do all of that quickly. Our team also had to hunt down the scans or fax...

Pros

DocuSign is easy for everyone using it (from our team to our customers) and in a word of complex technology, easy is a breath of fresh air. DocuSign makes sense. It makes tedious processes of hunting for and then signing the signature lines and initial locations page after page effortless. Customers don't have to download, print, scan, or fax. Which is great since fax machines are a dying breed and often a pain point for customers. It's quick to set up, creates a smooth process for everyone involved, but most importantly.... your signed documents are completed and returned at a much higher rate and much much sooner than they would be otherwise. If you send anything requiring a signature, DocuSign will be an investment you'll wish you made years ago.

Cons

I only wish that more companies knew about DocuSign. In this day and age, to have to go out of my way as a consumer to physically sign anything sent over to me and then send it back from where it came from... is a waste of my time. Time is not anything we can get back so to waste it almost equal to blasphemy in my overly dramatic opinion. So the software is great. My only suggestion would be to increase marketing opportunities and get the software out in front of more people so more and more companies start to use it. Don't stop until using DocuSign becomes an expectation.

DocuSign-Good, but other options on the market

Overall, my experience with DocuSign as a solo was ok. It's an investment and there are other aps that can do the job for less or even free. My experience using it as a corporate tool for over 150 outside sales people was really good. It allowed us to provide an option to everyone and have a standard. Plus, it did incorporate with our contact generating and submitting program. That was very helpful! So, if you are looking for an enterprise wide options, DocuSign is a great product to consider. If you are a small business or solo, it might be overkill for you.

Pros

DocuSign is a great product. It has a lot of awesome features and makes signing contacts for outside sales people very easy. It also integrates with some CRM systems. We used it at my previous company and I helped to push the company adoption of the product. I had been using it and other programs/aps to allow my clients to sign a contract on my iPad, iPhone or their own smart phone/device. This saved a TON of time because there was no printing of paper and also no scanning of paper. I could turn around and email the contact right into the company!

Cons

DocuSign is more costly than other options and I did not use the paid version long before the company partnered with them to allow all outside sales to use it. There are less expensive and free aps out there that work as well for the basic features of signing a document from a smart device or touchscreen. DocuSign can also get complicated with a signature set up feature that takes a lot of time and is actually not necessary ... but you don't know that right away.

Revolutionized my Business

Overall an overwhelmingly positive experience. I'm surprised this isn't a requirement in the industry of financial services.

Pros

First and foremost, DocuSign enabled me to save close to 200 hours of traveling and meetings over a calendar year. Without realizing it at the time, I was then focusing more of my attention on other high priority activities, such as prospecting and acquiring clients. I found out later that DocuSign alone was allowing me to grow my business at a significantly faster pace. I had no idea that the software...

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a fault of the software per se, but when preparing applications that have a lot of fields to fill, it can be somewhat time consuming to fill the form and assigning these fields to the client. However, this isn't an issue if the document already has imbedded form fields.

A Must for Anybody Needing Signed PDFs Frequently

Pros

I used to work in a design firm that required signatures from clients multiple times a day. I first tried to have adobe PDF editor with a touchscreen to do this. This was not for sufficient because nobody liked their signature on the touch screen. It was also very difficult to get a signature when I emailed someone their quote because nobody has a paid version of a PDF editor. DocuSign was a perfect...

Cons

I did not come across much that did not like about DocuSign except for maybe their customer service. I had to get a hold of them once and it took a while on hold to get in touch with a human. Once I was talking to them though they helped me with my problem.

We're saving so many trees!

Overall we are very pleased with DocuSign. We have reduced our paper and printing cost by $$$ and increased control over our subcontracts. A simple report shows us everything that is outstanding and when it was sent so follow-up is a breeze. Some of our Subcontractors are a little intimidated by it at first, but once they are onboard we have no complaints. They love getting the fully executed contract back as soon as its signed.

Pros

Getting contracts signed and back to us is significantly faster, most within 48 hours. No postage, no waiting for it to be returned via mail, and the ability to see the entire history of the document from the time it was sent to completion. I feel like we have a much better handle on outstanding contracts now. The preset reminders help also, as it keeps the document at the top of the recipients inbox.

Cons

I wish we had the ability to customize reminders by document, rather than one setting for the entire account. Figuring out how Shared Folders work has been a bit of a challenge. We have used this software for over 2 years now, and in that time I only reached one support person that I felt truly understood our industry, and therefore my question. The first two reps we dealt with for training were either not prepared at all, had zero knowledge of the construction industry and how contracts work, or both. Having a better trained staff to get set up would have saved us alot of time with trial and error learning.

Electronic Signing Made Easy

Since the first time I used DocuSign back in the early 2000's I was in love. This has definitely allowed me to quickly advance through my roles at GGSIR due to time efficiency. My ability to work quickly and accurately is what staff and agents appreciate about me. Any program that helps me is invaluable.

Pros

Most simple/efficient digital signing program made thus far! Easy for clients and agents to use. The auto-scrolling function moves you place to sign so no getting lost! The signing envelopes do not require you to login which makes the signing process faster and less stressful. No program has the same level of functionality nor customization that DocuSign offers. This program will shave hours of time off of your schedule as well as professionalize your client interactions and offer submissions.

Cons

No much! Its hard to nit pick but, the only thing I can say I don't like it that if a client changes their signature they have to create a login for a free account in order undo any changes made to their signature. If (at a minimum) the agent can always correct and reset it that would be great! Otherwise that is officially the only negative I would have to report. Its a pending negative, depends on if there is a solution.

DocuSign - What a Time Saver!

Definitely changed the way we do business. It's helped us be more efficient and organized. Before it was a headache to coordinate schedules to obtain physical signatures. Now with DocuSign, signatures are simple and easy to obtain!

Pros

The convenience of being able to obtain secured signatures using email. We use this software to easily obtain signatures for everything: timesheets, expense reports, contracts, etc. You can easily customize your signature templates to your needs and it's pretty simple. You can add several security measures as well to ensure verify the signer. I would say it's pretty user friendly for the signer because we have a lot of older people we deal with and for the most part they can easily sign and complete. This software integrates with our Cloud Base Storage system Box which make things seamless and convenient.

Cons

It is a bit pricey. You basically buy "envelopes" in batches to use to send for signatures. "Envelope" is a term DocuSign uses for anytime you send a file(s) to send for signature(s). Once you send an envelope if the signer doesn't sign for whatever reason it still counts as an envelope used. Basically, once you click send for signature an envelope it's used and no refunds. Another thing that is a bit annoying is applying templates if DocuSign software doesn't automatically detect one of your existing signature templates. I feel it requires too many clicks to apply a template manually. There should be a shortcut button somewhere on the main page to save on time.