DocuSign Reviews

Pros

As a patient, time saved in the provider's office was significant, and the ability to review all the documentation at my own pace was important.

Amy S.

It is well done, beautiful enough to be user friendly. It allows me to have more time to do the important things.

Alexandre T.

Overall expereince with DocuSign was great. Ease of use and great customer service if you have any questions.

Danielle U.

Cons

Every contact with customer service was a failure. It's a real shame that such a big company can release such a bad API / SDKs...the worst API integration I have ever made.

Sébastien G.

At first, I missed one document that I had to go back and sign once I found the correct email. This is probably more user error, but it did make it more confusing.

Christa M.

My business did more for our customers than our contract required - because it's the right thing to do. I was very disappointed in DocuSign that they automatically charged my credit card.

Donna A.

4,106

5,246 reviews

Safe and secure way to easily create send and sign important documents

Transcript

Beth C.: Hi. My name is Beth and I am an office manager. I give DocuSign five stars out of five, and...

DocuSign, More than a signature.

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a business owner in the service industry, and I give DocuSign a four...

No More Signing Your Life Away

I have been preparing income tax returns for over 10 years now. When I first started clients had to sign their names at least 8 or more times. When we started using DocuSign it illiminated that process. Clients need only sign once or twice. Over the years DocuSign has made improvements that have allowed me to improve my clients experience when it comes to signing documents. As we all have experienced this one or twice in our lives, you felt like you were signing your life away.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that my clients no longer had to sign 20 different times to finalze their return.

Cons

Over the years there have been small glitches. However with customer support we have always been able to work through them and many times we found it to be the operator and not the software.

Saved time and a headache!!!!

Excellent!! Easy to use, Functions as it promises and stands by the free trial promise without asking for any credit card information until you have used it and decided if it is right for you!

Pros

I literally just used this site to sign some important papers. I had been trying for a week to download Adobe and use it for these time sensitive papers. I have used Adobe in the past and I do not remember it being such a headache!!! I think they have added so many services and separate apps that it has all become too much to sort through for one simple task. Somehow I stumbled on to DocuSign. I was...

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. It is by far the easiest site to use to get papers signed and emailed to their recipient.

Difficult to Implement and Integrate

DocuSign is great from the end-user perspective, but they'll leave you high and dry after you sign a contract. Their support is non-existent, and it's difficult to implement any package that falls outside of the most basic DocuSign packages.

Pros

As an end-user, DocuSign is easy to use and navigate. We've been using DocuSign for years, but recently installed the CFR Part 11 Module. One of the only good things about the module is that if it is enabled, it will not allow you to do anything that is not CFR part 11 compliant. DocuSign also has a large library of resources (more about that below in the Cons...)

Cons

DocuSign was extremely difficult to integrate with our software. The APIs, SDKs, etc were easy to understand and implement, but we seemed to hit roadblocks in unexpected places. Some examples: - Before implementation, our account exec at DocuSign ensured that we could continue to use our existing DocuSign accounts, and that they would transfer them over to the new module. Months later, we are still...

Excellent agreement and digital signature app

Excellent is the only word for this app. Extremely easy to start with, easy to customize, share and get things done ( signature, review or agreements) faster

Pros

We love DocuSign for it's absolutely ease to create, send, share, remind the agreements that we share with our students and Parents. Its one tool that is the starting point of a relationship of our company with our customers. With ease, our customers can easily review, agree and sign the documents and since they are cloud enabled we can easily keep track of the documents, review for any clauses etc If you work with customers, this is the first investment you should do!

Cons

We are in a per seater plan, and would have liked to have payment plan enabled for the pay-per-seat plan as well. Currently its only for business pro plans and onwards. That being said, it does not affect our business or sales process and collections. Just good to have feature for paid users as well

DocuSign is a true innovator, across many industies

DocuSign has been an essential piece of my business. Especially after Zillow purchased ZipForm, I no longer wanted to use that platform. Zillow does not need the confidential information of me or my clients. DocuSign for Real Estate has been wonderful to work with. They are always actively making improvements based off of user feedback.

Pros

I no longer have to print anything, or worry about sending/printing/providing copies of signed and countersigned documents to clients. It has completely revolutionized the way I conduct my business in real estate.

Cons

There have been times where the software is glitchy, but I can usually refresh the page and it's fine. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but quick to pick up once you're in there a couple of times. I wish there was a way, almost like an OCR that will automatically place field forms from PDFs rather than needing to place them manually when not using a form generated on the platform.

Easy and quick

My company provides a free "version" of DocuSign but I pay for the real deal since it has never let me down

Pros

I love that it is user friendly for my clients and quick for me to put together a document. I can make changes on the fly.

Cons

The price is petty expensive compared to the Adobe product. The price point is very high and there is no discount for multiple users.

DocuSign is a convenient time saver

It is very convenient and saves a ton of time for both the user ends.

Pros

it's easy to use and very customizable. it's a huge time saver. it's widely accepted and most people have used it and are somewhat familiar with using it.

Cons

the only con is the price. it is pricey and the per-user cost adds up fast. You definitely pay a premium to use it. It is basically the industry standard and I'm sure they know it and price it accordingly because they can.

DocuSign: The Standard

We need to get contracts signed with customers on a daily basis, quickly, and most of the content is the same. DocuSign lets us send out contracts in minutes, know that they're right, and know when they're signed so we can start operating.

Pros

Essentially everyone can use it. We've used a few different e-sign solutions, and there's always someone who doesn't like it, can't use it from their phone, it isn't compatible with their company's security, etc, etc. We switched to DocuSign because it works for everyone.

Cons

It's a little more expensive than some of its peers, especially for teams. Its template feature isn't as intuitive as some other solutions.

Efficient and easy to use for both the client and employees!

One benefit that surprised me was how the system is able store signatures with ease, and we can check on each form whenever we are able to.

Pros

We mainly use this as a custom form platform to send to our clients, and verify all their information is correct. This platform has made it super EASY to import data, pre-populate forms, and send to our clients.

Cons

The pricing is much higher than other platforms, and we would prefer if there was a way for the pricing to be reduced, especially for smaller businesses. It is useful though, so we will continue to purchase.

Affordable Option for Signing

I set it up and sent out a simple document quickly and easily.

Pros

I appreciate the ease-of-deployment for this product, as I was able to set it up and get a document out in less than 10 minutes.

Cons

I don't like the spam emails that they've sent since I signed up, and I don't like the pay wall that would limit signatures for some folks.

Digital Transformation starts with electronic Signature.

It is good to very good. I think it is too expensive. The version I use does not have the full feature, which is even more expensive. I do respect the Value provided due to the time savings and ease of doing business but overall, it should have been at least been cheaper.

Pros

As the one who loads contract and documents for signoff in my organisation this has been easiest system to work with - Drag and drop my contract and other document. 2. Enter a name of party and if this name was already entered, then the address book pops in the email address. 3. Set the order for sign off, and wait for users to get their notifications. Docusign has moved my process from 3 week to...

Cons

The initial email goes to Junk. (BIG ISSUE) when I am dealing with a new client, who has never had a docusign email from me. In this case, I always have to call clients to take a look into their Junk mail. A challenge that I face with this platform is with the address book, if you user enters incorrect name or email for a signature party, the system does not have a way to correct this error, you just have to make a new duplicate contact, which sometime cause confusion when you are trying to find a specific user. The example John Public - email: Jpublic@hmc.net if this is entered as John Public email: Jpubli@hmcc.net - then both records are kept in the address book, which can causes confusion going forward.

Great Product

Overall I would highly recommend this system to anyone who is considering using it. As I mentioned which I think is a big positive is that even the people who are not technologically savvy generally are able to figure out how to complete the esignature processes without any trouble whereas I have had more issues with other esignature platforms that aren't as user friendly or are not compatible with all internet platforms. I also find customers like being able to save a copy of the signed document right to their computer once it's completed.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Docusign. It has become an integral part of our day to day work flow and allows us to speed up the process of our work flow by allowing us to send clients paperwork or applications that require signatures prior to processing any requests. Being able to just send a quick email to a customer to sign on their computers or smartphone and tablets makes the process so much quicker...

Cons

There aren't many cons to add here other than on the occasion there may be a delay in accessing a complete signed document in my account but I'll receive the email notifying me of when a document has been signed. Usually I am able to get to form by clicking right through the email notification, it's only some times when I'm already in my account in Docusign that it won't show the signed document in my completed folder and this only happens every so often so it doesn't hold up my work flow to be considered a big issue.

I don't know how we did business before Docusign

I was just mentioning to someone last week how Docusign has revolutionized our contracts process. What used to require a ton of paper, fed-ex overnight packages, and things being signed in three or four copies has now all been done away with. If it's one signer or a dozen, Docusign makes it super easy. The auto-reminder emails are really helpful, too. From time to time we'll encounter "old folks" who don't know that clicking the email isn't enough to sign the document - you have to follow the (clearly explained) instructions that follow, but once they're told to try again, they usually get it. We do 15 to 20 contracts per month and it works great every time.

Pros

We sign a lot of contracts, and the signers are usually busy folks who don't have time to print and scan and email. If we're lucky, they had a secretary or assistant who could shove a contract in front of them for a signature, but that wasn't usually the case. With Docusign, a few clicks have a contract signed sealed and delivered.

Cons

I'm trying to think of a way to be critical of Docusign, but I really can't. Their setup can be as simple or detailed as any contract calls for. Perhaps a "signing wizard" for the tech-impaired crowd might make it a tad simpler, but it's pretty doggone easy as it is. I can't complain.

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy...

Cons

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Makes Paperwork Seamless

Obtaining a DocuSign account was one of the smartest decisions I made in my role in HR. I figured we'd obtain this software and use it to sign documents on an ad-hoc basis, but because it's so easy to use and simple to customize, it's truly become an extension of our business and is used by many departments, HR, Legal, Finance, and Executives.

Pros

First of all, DocuSign is a popular choice for many companies, which makes it a seamless technology to use with your employees, vendors, and clients. It's easy to have someone sign a document with the system because it's widely used so people are familiar with what the interface looks like and how they go through the steps to fill in forms and sign documents. We don't really have to train people on...

Cons

The only thing I wish we could do is take the data submitted into a form (for example, a number put into one box and the name of who entered it) and then put that into a trackable spreadsheet. But, this is not the main functionality of the system so I get why this has not been fully flushed out yet. Otherwise it works great for all the ways we use it.

Docusign Review

Overall, I'll always use DocuSign. I like that I can quickly send it over to my students, get contracts signed from newly enrolled students. Because of DocuSign, I'm able to get new student contracts done and everything is easier to save because I'm now paperless!! I LOVE that it doesn't eat up space on my devices because there's no downloading complications with this product.

Pros

DocuSign is super easy to use! I like the simplistic layout, and how I'm able to use the software universally on any of my devices.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to edit certain parts of documents if needed, make marks on docs, and ad images would be nice.

You'll Wish You Started Using DocuSign Years Ago

DocuSign was a program that I was introduced to at a previous company. The process my new company used was tedious for both our customers as well as our team as the customer would have print the documents, sign them, and then scan or fax them back to us. The team would have to constantly follow up as customers were not keen to do all of that quickly. Our team also had to hunt down the scans or fax...

Pros

DocuSign is easy for everyone using it (from our team to our customers) and in a word of complex technology, easy is a breath of fresh air. DocuSign makes sense. It makes tedious processes of hunting for and then signing the signature lines and initial locations page after page effortless. Customers don't have to download, print, scan, or fax. Which is great since fax machines are a dying breed and often a pain point for customers. It's quick to set up, creates a smooth process for everyone involved, but most importantly.... your signed documents are completed and returned at a much higher rate and much much sooner than they would be otherwise. If you send anything requiring a signature, DocuSign will be an investment you'll wish you made years ago.

Cons

I only wish that more companies knew about DocuSign. In this day and age, to have to go out of my way as a consumer to physically sign anything sent over to me and then send it back from where it came from... is a waste of my time. Time is not anything we can get back so to waste it almost equal to blasphemy in my overly dramatic opinion. So the software is great. My only suggestion would be to increase marketing opportunities and get the software out in front of more people so more and more companies start to use it. Don't stop until using DocuSign becomes an expectation.

DocuSign-Good, but other options on the market

Overall, my experience with DocuSign as a solo was ok. It's an investment and there are other aps that can do the job for less or even free. My experience using it as a corporate tool for over 150 outside sales people was really good. It allowed us to provide an option to everyone and have a standard. Plus, it did incorporate with our contact generating and submitting program. That was very helpful! So, if you are looking for an enterprise wide options, DocuSign is a great product to consider. If you are a small business or solo, it might be overkill for you.

Pros

DocuSign is a great product. It has a lot of awesome features and makes signing contacts for outside sales people very easy. It also integrates with some CRM systems. We used it at my previous company and I helped to push the company adoption of the product. I had been using it and other programs/aps to allow my clients to sign a contract on my iPad, iPhone or their own smart phone/device. This saved a TON of time because there was no printing of paper and also no scanning of paper. I could turn around and email the contact right into the company!

Cons

DocuSign is more costly than other options and I did not use the paid version long before the company partnered with them to allow all outside sales to use it. There are less expensive and free aps out there that work as well for the basic features of signing a document from a smart device or touchscreen. DocuSign can also get complicated with a signature set up feature that takes a lot of time and is actually not necessary ... but you don't know that right away.

Revolutionized my Business

Overall an overwhelmingly positive experience. I'm surprised this isn't a requirement in the industry of financial services.

Pros

First and foremost, DocuSign enabled me to save close to 200 hours of traveling and meetings over a calendar year. Without realizing it at the time, I was then focusing more of my attention on other high priority activities, such as prospecting and acquiring clients. I found out later that DocuSign alone was allowing me to grow my business at a significantly faster pace. I had no idea that the software...

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a fault of the software per se, but when preparing applications that have a lot of fields to fill, it can be somewhat time consuming to fill the form and assigning these fields to the client. However, this isn't an issue if the document already has imbedded form fields.

A Must for Anybody Needing Signed PDFs Frequently

Pros

I used to work in a design firm that required signatures from clients multiple times a day. I first tried to have adobe PDF editor with a touchscreen to do this. This was not for sufficient because nobody liked their signature on the touch screen. It was also very difficult to get a signature when I emailed someone their quote because nobody has a paid version of a PDF editor. DocuSign was a perfect...

Cons

I did not come across much that did not like about DocuSign except for maybe their customer service. I had to get a hold of them once and it took a while on hold to get in touch with a human. Once I was talking to them though they helped me with my problem.

Electronic Signing Made Easy

Since the first time I used DocuSign back in the early 2000's I was in love. This has definitely allowed me to quickly advance through my roles at GGSIR due to time efficiency. My ability to work quickly and accurately is what staff and agents appreciate about me. Any program that helps me is invaluable.

Pros

Most simple/efficient digital signing program made thus far! Easy for clients and agents to use. The auto-scrolling function moves you place to sign so no getting lost! The signing envelopes do not require you to login which makes the signing process faster and less stressful. No program has the same level of functionality nor customization that DocuSign offers. This program will shave hours of time off of your schedule as well as professionalize your client interactions and offer submissions.

Cons

No much! Its hard to nit pick but, the only thing I can say I don't like it that if a client changes their signature they have to create a login for a free account in order undo any changes made to their signature. If (at a minimum) the agent can always correct and reset it that would be great! Otherwise that is officially the only negative I would have to report. Its a pending negative, depends on if there is a solution.

We're saving so many trees!

Overall we are very pleased with DocuSign. We have reduced our paper and printing cost by $$$ and increased control over our subcontracts. A simple report shows us everything that is outstanding and when it was sent so follow-up is a breeze. Some of our Subcontractors are a little intimidated by it at first, but once they are onboard we have no complaints. They love getting the fully executed contract back as soon as its signed.

Pros

Getting contracts signed and back to us is significantly faster, most within 48 hours. No postage, no waiting for it to be returned via mail, and the ability to see the entire history of the document from the time it was sent to completion. I feel like we have a much better handle on outstanding contracts now. The preset reminders help also, as it keeps the document at the top of the recipients inbox.

Cons

I wish we had the ability to customize reminders by document, rather than one setting for the entire account. Figuring out how Shared Folders work has been a bit of a challenge. We have used this software for over 2 years now, and in that time I only reached one support person that I felt truly understood our industry, and therefore my question. The first two reps we dealt with for training were either not prepared at all, had zero knowledge of the construction industry and how contracts work, or both. Having a better trained staff to get set up would have saved us alot of time with trial and error learning.

DocuSign - What a Time Saver!

Definitely changed the way we do business. It's helped us be more efficient and organized. Before it was a headache to coordinate schedules to obtain physical signatures. Now with DocuSign, signatures are simple and easy to obtain!

Pros

The convenience of being able to obtain secured signatures using email. We use this software to easily obtain signatures for everything: timesheets, expense reports, contracts, etc. You can easily customize your signature templates to your needs and it's pretty simple. You can add several security measures as well to ensure verify the signer. I would say it's pretty user friendly for the signer because we have a lot of older people we deal with and for the most part they can easily sign and complete. This software integrates with our Cloud Base Storage system Box which make things seamless and convenient.

Cons

It is a bit pricey. You basically buy "envelopes" in batches to use to send for signatures. "Envelope" is a term DocuSign uses for anytime you send a file(s) to send for signature(s). Once you send an envelope if the signer doesn't sign for whatever reason it still counts as an envelope used. Basically, once you click send for signature an envelope it's used and no refunds. Another thing that is a bit annoying is applying templates if DocuSign software doesn't automatically detect one of your existing signature templates. I feel it requires too many clicks to apply a template manually. There should be a shortcut button somewhere on the main page to save on time.

Client-Based Company's Best Friend

DocuSign is a great program that has saved me on more than one occasion. I had a client in Taiwan that needed to sign something within 12 hours or we would miss the deadline, if it wasn't for Docusign, that would never be a possibility. I use it daily and am extremely pleased with my experiences.

Pros

This software saves tons of paper. My business is client-based and we require a lot of negotiations which, of course, must all be signed or initialed for approval. Because DocuSign has digital copies of the contracts, we can just mark them up in DocuSign and then send them off to the client to sign. It can be used all over the world. If I need to sign something from home, I just click. If I have a...

Cons

I don't have a very long list for cons when it comes to this software. I wish that I could replace a document after one or more of the parties have signed but the document isn't completed. I often have clients that sign without reading and then read after signing and want to change things.

An invaluable tool that real estate agents can't survive without

DocuSign allows me and my clients to work together throughout a real estate transaction - even if we're not in the same room - or the same state for that matter. My clients continually praise its ease of use. A recent client was very reluctant to sign their documents electronically - but with a little encouragement, they did that first set of documents - like an experienced pro. Now, it's a competition between husband and wife to see who gets them done first. It's great that this "tool" we use for business - helps develop relationships with clients.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use Robust features Real customer service

Cons

There isn't a default to local time zone for signers. For those who create an account after their initial signing, they have to go into their settings and update their time zone - or it defaults to PT.