FMX Logo

Optimize your facilities and maintenance operations

FMX Reviews

Suggested alternatives

getmaintainx
limble-cmms
upkeep

My experience with FMX has been fantastic, the team has been really helpful and patient while we modify this software for our needs.
The staff - I know that isn't software, but the fun training videos they post and they way they engage the user is important to how much I enjoy using the software as a complete experience.
Great product for a great price. Quick to help in understanding product and improving it.
In the past, the method of communicating the facility needs of staff and students has been fairly disorganized, and many times, disjointed.
If you are looking for something beyond an tool for running operationally, this may struggle.
Some of our operators have expressed how difficult it is to recall past comments in the "Log" section.

Ben R.

Facilities Manager

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

All The Facility Data At Your Fingertips.

Transcript

Ben: Hi, my name is Ben. I work at Pacific Galvanizing in Oakland, California. We have anywhere between...

Patrick G.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

FMX is a great solution for us

Very pleased with the system and it's a great value for the money.

Pros

All in one system, Tech Support requests, Building Maintenance Requests, Calendaring all in one place makes it easy for the end user to navigate and our team members to keep track of everything.

Cons

I wish we had more control of some of the fields and could label them with our internal lingo.

Hi Patrick! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX and that it's working well for Rowland Hall. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

AS

Alyssa S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Good & Bad

Over all it is very user friendly, the customer service and walk through on the whole system was made very simple and explained very well. There are a few things that the development team is working on that would be great to see in the near future.

Pros

It is very user friendly. When maneuvering around the system.

Cons

Some of our pricing did not get captured for old work orders. A lot of people are having an issue with the reporting and tracking of the system. We would also like to see batching. As in being able to move several pcs of equipment to a new department instead of doing one pc at a time.

DL

Desmond L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

We have been using FMX for the last 2 years and overall it was not very intuitive. Too much grey.

It was a favorable product. Except for the resolving of the tickets and filters for reporting.

Pros

Very secure system. Even though we could not get our staff/users to use the software. Not too much to say wasn't a good fit for us

Cons

Not very intuitive. The user experience was at times challenging. We had a few models that we never got around to use.

TC

Tim C.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer!!!!!!

keeps me up to date on Preventive Maint. i can make a work order for a single job. the PO section is very nice, as well as the Inventory control

Pros

product is very easy to use, it's always available at your fingertips, even people with no computer skills can use

Cons

Honestly, there's nothing i don't like or would change

SH

Scott H.

Warehousing, 501-1,000 employees

Great System A+++

FMX has been a great system and one of the best systems i have ever used.

Pros

GoFMX is an easy-to-use system that you can train someone to use the sytem within minutes. The calendar makes it easy to see what needs done daily, weekly, or monthly so the system makes your schedules or scheduling with no conflicts.

Cons

So the only part i have not liked about the system is when you close out a work order and your adding inventory, all site locations show up, and only FMX part numbers. If your searching with part numbers per oem. You will not be able to find part.

SC

Samantha C.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

We love FMX!

Overall, FMX has blessed our campus with a personalized program tailored to our campus's needs and processes. We can't say enough good things about our time spent implementing and utilizing FMX over the past few months.

Pros

Obviously the features and modules stood out to us during the search for a new program, but the customer service has been absolutely unmatched comparatively to any other platform we've experienced. Whether by email, phone call or Zoom, I have yet to be disappointed (and I ask a lot of questions) by response time, helpfulness, and just overall customer service. I also like that their features are always progressing.

Cons

The only problem that we originally had with FMX was the fact that they don't have an app for the program. However, the mobile view is proving to work just as well as any app would and the teams are still able to submit and complete their tasks efficiently and in a timely manner.

GR

Gretchen R.

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Versatile Ticketing System

Great, [sensitive content hidden] has been a great source of knowledge. She is always available when we need her.

Pros

Very customizable, lots of options to customize forms & settings. FMX works with us to make sure the software meets our needs

Cons

Reporting dashboard isn't easily customizable, it's slow and often crashes. Wish we had better visibility on our KPIs.

TR

Thomas R.

Smooth Sailing

Communication with end user.

Pros

Areas of identification.There are it seems endless ways to identify the problem and location to explain what is wrong or needed.

Cons

What's not to like.I have used many facilities maintenance programs and have not found one that is as easy to integrate or train staff on

BP

Brett P.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Best CMMS product in the business

Fantastic. We went from a competitor's product to FMX with complete transition taking less than a month and complete user familiarity in weeks!

Pros

This is so intuitive, simple and quick to set up (even in complex situations), is comprehensive in scope allowing us to manage our crazy schedule over hundreds of spaces, tech and maintenance requests, PMs, equipment and asset management, etc.

Cons

This was by far the most seamless transition into a new software I have ever seen. The only things that I wish were added are in development, and they are not game-changers.

Kevin M.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

The system is easy to use and to retrieve the reporting from the system that I use.

Pros

The ease of operation, we can enter a work request and have it go directly to our crew's cell phone without having to go to their office or the Foremen office to retrieve a work request.

Cons

You have to enter into all of the building systems so it can retrieve the information on the equipment the technicians are working on.

Hi Kevin! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! I would like to learn more about your current process with buildings and equipment. I will be following up with you shortly so we can discuss this further! Thanks again for writing this review and for being a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

FMX is very easy to use with great customer support!

Ease of use and simple interface with a great deal of capability makes FMX a great choice at all levels.

Pros

FMX is very intuitive requiring little training and has a lot of great functionality. We really like the ease of calendar administration (dragging and dropping) versus having to reprogramming schedules. The calendar also offers a lot of flexibility with color combinations which work great for us to identify request types and status at a quick glance. The ability for basic users to just send in an email...

Cons

There is some cumbersome functionality with users, confirmations and notifications in our work flow but the FMX team has been great at addressing and looking for solutions. Since we are not using all the features available many of the stock reports are not too useful for us but FMX has helped customize some things and I am sure we will work through more reporting as time goes also.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customizable calendar! Please continue to reach out any time to our support team regarding any issues you might be experiencing with your FMX site, and we would be happy to assist you! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

RR

Robyn R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

A fantastic asset for our business!

It has taken a lot of the responsibility off of my shoulders as far as entering information myself on behalf of others. Using FMX allows folks to enter their own information, while still allowing myself and my Director to approve or decline any submitted schedule requests as needed.

Pros

There are so many things I like about this software, but narrowing down the list, what I like most are the following features: 1) The capability to be alerted to and foresee conflicts on our scheduling calendar; 2) The capability of multiple schedulers to add, edit and cancel their own information on the schedule (instead of me doing it all); 3) The FMX customer service is outstanding.

Cons

There are a few small things that I think could be improved, but whenever I've contacted FMX to ask "Can the system do XYZ?" or "How do I do ABC?" if the system isn't currently able to handle those requests they tell me so, but they also tell me that they will pass it on to their development team for possible future implementation. That means a lot - to listen to your customers, to value their input, and to work to make your product better.

CC

Calvin C.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

FMX is my daily application to manage my work efficiently

It is helping the church facility deferred maintenance to be kept at a minimum while also having a system for the future personnel to know the condition and account for those assets.

Pros

I value the ability to have a database of the assets that we can manage as I maintain the equipment and facility so it doesn't become a hindrance to our congregation. The system keeps me on top of maintenance needs as they come up and the ability to tackle the preventative service of those also.

Cons

I don't use the calendaring module because of the larger picture of church software out there that is cleaner in its look. It is not a quick process to get a facility fully imported in a short amount of time but if done little by little it can be done. When a question comes up on a system process I have a hard time verbalizing it so look more to the written updates to educate myself.

BC

Brian C.

Excellent Notifications

Great system with good customer service and training.

Pros

The ability to set up automatic notifications for almost all action triggers makes this product a true workflow master. We have a facilities team of ~20 staff. They access automatic email notifications on their phone, use the links in the email to go straight to their tickets, update, resolve and close the tickets, all on their own phones. Our customer satisfaction for maintenance issues is excellent. The...

Cons

You cannot customize the interface. The menu buttons say what they say, you cannot change them.

Hi Brian! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX, especially the email notifications feature. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the Schedule module. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

JH

Jeffrey H.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

I Love FMX!

I was a customer at another position at another church and sought them out as soon as i came to The Heights Church to get back on line with rhem.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. Anyone can use this software with minimal training involved.

Cons

The level of communication between Facilities and the requester is fantastic. It breaks down the need to communicate verbally thus eliminating drop in communication and human error in this.

NR

Nick R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Overall Great, but...

Overnight, our operation became more efficient. While we were tracking maintenance by other means (excel and paper requests) this system is significantly better.

Pros

Love the format and ease of use. Working on 4 sites with only 2 full time guys and a slew of contractors and part time help, this system keeps it straight. I'm a visual organizer, and their calendar based system is perfect. Reporting is also pretty fantastic, allows for specific reports for each asset owned and managed in the system!

Cons

Maintenance request system is clunky. If a middle management person or above enters a request, life is good. If a person from outside the organization (building user, customer etc) submits a request, it is lost in space until I happen to see it when it is past due. NEED, like absolutely needs to be something that generates an email to the admin of that building to assign to a worker so it does not get lost.

Hi Nick! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that FMX has made it easier for your organization to stay organized using the calendar feature. We are also happy to know that you find the reporting module extremely helpful! I will be reaching out to you shortly to further discuss the maintenance request module and maintenance request notifications! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

TB

Tony B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great program to keep track of schedules, transportation, and work requests for my school district

Simplification to the 4 areas that we run through the software. The best part is I can approve when I am not at my desk. Under the old paper method, everything sat on my desk until I returned.

Pros

ease of use, keeps track of work request and progress/completion timeline. Almost everyone in my organization finds it easy to submit a request in one of the 4 modules we run.

Cons

At times, sends to many emails, but the enhancements over the past couple years has allowed users to edit this preference to a level that they are comfortable with. If I am doing a list of building use requests, I have to open each to approve. Wish I could click on the ones I want to approve, click approve and then approve all at one time, and not individually.

Hi Tony! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience with FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! It¿s great to know that you have found the enhancements over the past couple of years to be accommodating to your needs, and we will make sure to always take your requests, such as these, into consideration as we continuously work to enhance the FMX software! We will keep you posted on any new features! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

TS

Teresa S.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Three Rivers Community Schools Review of FMX

As stated above, we utilize FMX and have no issues at this time. The reporting feature is a value to show our Board of Education what has been done in the district by PM and WO.

Pros

The features most impactful is the Work Order, PM and Inventory Modules. For the most part the transition from SchoolDude went seamless, with just a few adjustments. I have utilized the bulk import and I do like this feature as well. We also use the reporting to show our Board of Educators how many PM's and Work Orders we've done Monthly and then Yearly to verify the need to keep our department. The ease of the Calendar is also a feature that is great.

Cons

As things arise that I can't seem to figure out, I contact our Support Specialist, Jarod Crocket, or any support specialist to help me, but really no cons.

FMX has greatly streamlined our facility operations .

One centralized platform that can be used for the facility and transportation operation of the district.

Pros

The fact that it is a one-stop platform for all of the stakeholders in our organization to use. It replaced about 4 other pieces of software and pulled our whole facility management tools together in one program.

Cons

There isn't a lot that I don't like. Maybe that at one point there were a few changes made that weren't communicated as well as they should have been but the good customer support team helped me to figure those changes out quickly.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to streamlining all of your facility operations! As we are consistently updating and enhancing the FMX software, it is highly important to us that you are always aware of all of these updates and enhancements! We would be more than happy to make sure you are on our monthly email list so that you are guaranteed to receive this information each month! If this is something that you would like to do, please let us know and we would be happy to take care of this for you! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

TC

Tiffany C.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wonderful product to help manage your schools facilities and calendars.

Having FMX has helped the schools better manage who and when the school facilities are being used. There is no more double booking of events. All staff can see whats going on in their buildings and request spaces when needed. There have been some bumps in the road but the customer service is always there to help and fix any issues we have had.

Pros

I have been using FMX for 4 years now. When first learning how to use the system, I found it very user friendly. FMX has helped keep all 26 schools facilities and calendars organized and easy to manage from one central system. Our HVAC system is now connected to FMX as well as Arbiter. Having both of these systems talking to each other has been a huge help. The best feature for me is no more double booking. With 26 schools and hundreds of resources to manage it can get very busy, so having this helps make my job a lot easier.

Cons

The reporting isn't where I would like it to be but it's a work in progress.

BS

Beth S.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Customer Success Managers

Our customers now click once to open a portal that will help them request transportation, tech or maintenance support and schedule resources. Providers are able to track hours, equipment use, inventory and plan ahead for projects. Using the response option on the modules keeps pertinent communication attached to requests so no searching through email archives to access additional communication notes.

Pros

Many of our teams used different software that were not compatible. FMX was able to collaborate with the various leads and provide one system where we all experience success in customer service. The team we worked with at FMX live up to their "Customer Success" titles!

Cons

Exporting/importing data across all modules would be an asset, but right now only certain modules share information.

Hi Beth! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX. We're so glad that you have enjoyed working with our Customer Success team! Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

SE

Stephanie E.

The Perfect Fit

FMX has provided the tracking system we needed and a communication piece that our users love. Users love this system for checking on status of orders or adding notes, photos, etc. Our overall experience has been excellent. The staff at FMX are friendly, helpful and, if any issues/questions arise, they quickly address the problem, which has been very few. I highly recommend FMX.

Pros

FMX is extremely easy and intuitive for our users which range from students to academic professionals. It is an excellent communication and tracking system that allows users to attach photos. As the system administrator, it is extremely easy to setup, maintain and add users, especially since I'm not an IT professional.

Cons

There really isn't anything that we don't like about the system as it has been a perfect match for our needs.

CK

Chad K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Good Value for Money

FMX has enabled us to solve work flow tracking on our maintenance tasks. FMX has also helped us streamline our vehicle allocations through the transport request module. FMX has also helped us on our compliance with being able to ensure compliance related tasks are being done on time and then archived for easy access during audits.

Pros

Its easy to use and setup. It has a lot of features to fit many needs in an organization. The support is fantastic and they can assist in anything. It is very customizable and overall fairly easy to administer.

Cons

Not many cons, the largest one for me is there are a few areas that we just cannot customize to our liking, so we have learned to use the system the way it is. FMX is always making updates and improvements, so I expect some of these small specific changes I would like to see will be fixed in the near future.

JM

Joe M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

This software works very well to schedule our needs, and support has been fantastic

Pros

ease of use. customer support has reached out continuously, which is not the case with the software at our other campus (schooldude has had poor support in my experience)

Cons

that it does not integrate with our school calendar. This would be a huge help. Also, I'd love to see a 'blueprint' view of the building, in which we could assign work orders, PMs, etc so that they are spatially.

Hi Joe! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and helpful customer support! I would love to chat more with you regarding calendar integration and any other feature requests you may have! I will be contacting you shortly to discuss this further. Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

KH

Kyle H.

Amazingly easy help desk for our IT and Maintenance departments

This software is incredible, the customer support is amazing, and I have nothing bad to say about it. There are areas that we haven't even used yet, but are expanding to, such as inventory.

Pros

We use this daily. It is extremely easy for users to submit requests, to update and assign them, and to pull reports to show our progress. Extremely user friendly. Amazing customer support! Every question we have had about the software has been answered quickly, and most often results in us getting more use out of it.

Cons

The software is so easy to use that we get way more Tech requests than we are able to resolve in a day!