GPS Insight Reviews

4.48/5 (197 reviews)

Jeremy Bader

One of the best out there!

Reviewed 2017-12-05

This software is a crucial part to maintaining and tracking our most valuable assets.

Pros
There is an abundance of reporting features to take advantage of. You can view pretty much any detail about your vehicle you'd like. The part we like most though, is the support we get from our team. From our account manager, down to a support tech taking a call... everyone is eager to help and wants to please.

Cons
Everything has little cons here and little there and really there is no getting around it. Our Cons aren't anything we wouldn't experience with another service. We have some devices randomly stop working, typically they get a magical update and they are good to go! The ones that don't, get replaced and there is no issue. The biggest down side to us is being able to see which vehicle was at a specific time/location without having to export into a different program.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for your review Jeremy! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We have forwarded your feedback to your Account Manager and they will be in touch to help, as you have the ability to view vehicle times and locations within our portal.
Always here to help, GPS Insight.

GPS Review

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Overall, this software is the best I have worked with. Gives you complete picture of your fleet.

Pros
I love everything about this software. No Matter how big your fleet is or how small, this is a complete tracking software that is easy to use .

Cons
Learning it is the only negative I see, It would be great to watch videos of how things work. Sometimes I get lost when I am looking for a report to run.

Kevin Everett

Great software......and an incredible support team !Kudos to Al and his staff !

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Your product has assisted our company on many levels including : reducing speeding , theft of our company vehicles , and reducing our at fault accidents by 10% over last year .

Pros
I like the fact that it is user friendly and that you can customize the vehicle reports .The data that I receive has been beneficial is assisting our company in reducing vehicle speeding occurences and accidents .

Cons
The only con for me is that sometimes the speeding violations are off due to drift .The vehicle mileage can sometimes be off as much as 2000 miles . I usually update or adjust the vehicle mileage when imputing the vehicle maintenance.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We always love to hear that we are able to help make a difference and help reduce accidents!

Yelena Ignatovich

We use GPS for our 8 courier Employees coordinating medical pickups. We love it!

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Being able to Keep track of employees while they are driving so we can coordinate medical pick ups with ease.

Pros
Being able to Have a SHARED whiteboard, as well as using Landmarks to find which vehicle is closest to locations. Also messaging is a great tool!

Cons
Having to Constantly REFRESH the current locations of vehicles. It would be nice to have it auto refresh every few seconds. Also the Messaging could be worked on a little more. Once a message is texted, it would be nice to have some sort of "delivered" and "opened" notification (similar to iMessaging on our Phones) sometimes we double send a message not knowing if it actually was sent or not.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Yelena - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products! We have forwarded your concerns to our product and developments teams.

Always here to help,

Krista Miller

We have loved our entire experience with GPS insight!

Reviewed 2017-12-08

GPS Insight saves me time and money by allowing me to dispatch faster without calling my techs in the field to find out where they are as well as track our time for our customers during jobs. It allows us to monitor proper vehicle maintenance schedules as well which saves money on potential maintenance issues.

Pros
The customer service has been great. The overall software is simple to use both on desktop and in the app. The price is beyond compare. The software integrates with our fuel cards making it simple to keep track of our overall gasoline expenses. It is fast, reliable, alerts make it possible to monitor our fleet with precision. I can quickly monitor all aspects of our fleet including maintenance scheduling.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Krista - thank you for taking the time for share your feedback. We are glad to hear you love our products!

Liz Lee

I am still learning this system. Fairly new to the county

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Once I learn it in detail I do feel that it will expedite my work. I have only been with the company for 1 year and I have just recently been able to spend some time using the software. Even though I was able to update new employees on my own, I feel that I could use some more help with the learning.

Pros
It is easy to use and learn. This may be silly but I do like the fact that anytime I have to go back and find a route I can adjust the speed. I find that to be very helpful especially when I'm not able to spend a lot of time doing the research. Anytime we have called in for assistance everyone is very helpful. I was tickled that I figured out how to update new employees on my own.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the great review Liz! We appreciate your business and are happy to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Denissa Rivero

Good tracking, Easy and convenient usage

Reviewed 2017-11-29

I can check on our vehicles at all times and verify timesheets with GPS.

Pros
Highlights for me, are the activity detailed report and the app on my phone. The report is easy to read and give lots of information. I love that I can click on the address in the report and it gives me a map of actually location and the landmarks in area. The app is also great, because I can check on our vehicles, even when I'm away from the office.

Cons
On the app side, sometimes I need to refresh a couple times to get update data and it can be a little slow when refreshing. However, it might be a timing out issue which is understandable.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback Denissa! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. If we can ever assist in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Herman Ingram

The best fleet tracking system I ever used.

Reviewed 2017-05-11

I can track all my drivers every second of the day!

Pros
The best feature is creating geofences. Instant alerts are sent right away to my smartphone. Also alerts are sent for vehicle speeding, idling, and posted speed traffic violations. You can also check the odometer for each vehicle through the website.

Cons
Sometimes the screen will log out after inactivity. Once or twice the network will not work for a few hours. There is a few seconds delay while vehicles are moving but you have to upgrade the plan for real time monitoring. Some reports take a long time to generate based on how much activity has happened over the past few weeks.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for the feedback Herman! We are glad you find value in the product and thanks for the great ratings.

Always here to help,

Jaime Olaiz

Ok service in the US, lots of issues in Mexico

Reviewed 2019-02-15

As a user I've contacted customer support a couple of times and get a quick innital response, but resolution of problems is slow and lacks follow through from their end.

Pros
The ability to connect via the API was a plus although actual integration has been limited. Ability to have our entire (US and Mexico) fleet on one platform is a plus.

Cons
The functionality along the border is poor. Trucks get 'lost' or go missing for up to 15 minutes when crossing border making tracking this critical portion difficult. Really missing a build-your-own adhoc report writer.

Response from GPS Insight

Jaime,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.
We apologize for the issues you are currently experiencing. Our head of support will be reaching out to ensure we resolve your issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Dave Reeves

Very easy to use both on the desktop and the mobile app. I use this every day.

Reviewed 2017-05-15

Pros
I love its ease of use. I use the software daily on both my desktop and the mobile app to track the progress of our driver. I love its real time visibility, love the function we have built in that tells us what has been dropped off / picked up. I also love the reporting that is available and its ability to be exported so I can dive into the data further.

Cons
The only con that I have with this software is I cannot determine the time it will take my driver to go from point A to point B. For example, if he is leaving a hospital and going to another I would like the ability to see how long it will take him. I see a function that will tell me time from the office to a location or vice versa but even that doesn't see to work. If that can be fixed or added in it would a great asset to us managing his day.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the review Dave! We would be happy to discuss determining the time it will take for your driver to go from point A to point B. Please give your account manager a call.
Again, thank you for the kind words.

BJ Vestal

Great

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
We can keep track of all of drivers, we have about 20 or so, so this comes in handy quite often. It will also track when the vehicle needs maintenance and will send alerts to me whenever there is something wrong with the vehicle.

Cons
More often than I would like, the trackers come undone and I have to call the drivers to unplug and plug it back in. We wanted it to be unknown but was not possible with the large plug in they use.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review BJ! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Please give our support team call to remediate your device issue - that is an easy fix!

Toll-Free 855-231-5567 (Press 2)

Ben Johnson

Very pleasant when I have had questions about the different functions.

Reviewed 2017-05-15

Being able to track the trucks from my branch whether I'm doing investigations or routine checks, this systems has performed very well.

Pros
Easy to use and understand when I have to track the whereabouts of a vehicle that a complaint has been called in on, or tracking when a employee arrives to a site or is involved in an incident.

Cons
There are times where the system freezes our when the system goes out would prefer to receive an email about the issue instead on an email from the corporate office making me aware of the issue..

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for the great review Ben! We love working with you and your company and look forward to many more years of success together. Please contact us to address any issues you have with the system.

Maddison Pastrana

GPS INSIGHT for Landscaping

Reviewed 2017-02-24

Everything about our experience with GPS insight has been awesome. We are a landscape company with 200+ clients, we have 4 trucks to take care of all the clients, and we needed a way to track when the crews got to the clients, how long they were there, and when they left. We needed something simple and user friendly. GPS insight called us and set up a meeting time to answer questions and they were so nice and answered all our questions plus more. We signed up and it was super affordable because we are renting their GPS's. GPS insight was super easy to set up, super easy to use, has so many features that are beneficial to a company, and is super affordable. I couldn't recommend them enough and get so excited talking about them because it was exactly what we needed and has completely exceeded our expectations. Thank you GPS Insight, we love you!

Pros
Easy to use, affordable, lots of information recorded, and easy to set everything up.

Cons
N/A

Tami Jackson

GPS Insight - Making Us Look Good to our Customers

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-26

We are able to be efficient with getting the right tech to the right emergency when they arise during our days of business, saving money and customer frustration. We are able to use reports to prove when a tech has been on a location and how much time so should a customer question the amount of time being charged to them for service, we have proof, accomplishing our ability to receive full payment for time spent. We are also able to compare driving complaints to who is where and when to help techs recognize where courtesy might be a better option....

Pros
We have a huge fleet of vehicles and service a large area of Colorado. We have our customer locations set up within the information of this system, and by having current, up to the moment abilities to know where a tech is compared to where an urgent issue has come up for one of our valued customers is priceless for us. We are able to deliver a level of customer service that our customers appreciate greatly!

Cons
I don't necessary believe this to be a software issue, but besides us not being allowed to use your service without having to pay - also not a software issue by the way - I'd say that when a vehicle stops working in the system it can be a frustration. The only contributing factors to that issue arising though is low battery on the vehicle, or wiring coming loose....again...not a software issue.

Response from GPS Insight

Tami,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Robert Smith

We use this for our fleet at work and it helps with keeping up with the trucks.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
We can let our customers know where the trucks are at all times, since we are a delivery company. This also helps with letting the drivers know where they will be delivering to if they cannot find a jobsite.

Cons
It is hard to maneuver around when you are trying to do the mileage and the maintenance on the vehicles. There are too many screens that have the same features.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with vehicle maintenance. Your comments have been forwarded to your Account Manager and he will be reaching out directly to help remediate this issue. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up.

Casey Jenkins

Great!

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
It does everything. We can track our trucks in current time, print out their stops and idles from the day before, schedule reminders for maintenance, and much more.

Cons
Some of the trackers that they send just plug right into a slot beneath the dash, which is great, except that they very easily get knocked loose or knocked out completely and we have to call the drivers and have them plug them back in.

Response from GPS Insight

Hi Casey - Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback.

We recommend using the included OBD bypass cable to help prevent accidental device removal, that should help.

Charles Lamb

very good product

Reviewed 2017-12-04

We recieved the ability to track out truck and other assets on a real time basis.

Pros
I think what i like the most about the software would have to be the mapping that is provided. it is very easy to follow where your truck are at any given time. I also use the IFTA reporting features quarterly to keep track of the miles driven in each state.

Cons
what i like least about the software would have to be the process you must take in order to add/change a truck to the system.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review Charles! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with truck adds if you ever need the support. Always here to help, GPS Insight

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Shane Harveston

The Best

Reviewed 2019-02-22

This is a excellent software to assit in managing employees to meet necessary appointments. It has been very useful to locate other employees close to work area when extra help or equipment is needed off other trucks.

Pros
I love the ability to use your software as a app on my phone as well as on my office computer.

Cons
I would personally like to see the app alittle more user friendly. It's great but I do believe it could use alittle more attention. I have called into support and was able to get the answers.I needed in a quick time without being stuck on hold for long periods of time

Response from GPS Insight

Shane,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Silvestre Cruz

Reliable helpful easy to use and understand

Reviewed 2017-05-18

Helps keep track of vehicles on order to make sure we arrive on time to costumers. It helps with reports when we do audits on route.

Pros
It shows and updates in speed of our vehicles. Alerts when speeding good report data detailed easy to read also has a map trail that's easy to under stand and has street view very helpful

Cons
It does not follow vehicles live you have to wait for system to update sometimes it gets a little confusing but makes up with reports

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the great review Silvestre! We appreciate working with you and want to be sure you always have an exceptional experience with us.
Unfortunately, following vehicles 100% live is a limitation for all GPS tracking companies.

Tim Monroe

We sometimes have difficulties but service a rural area and our vehicles have interlock systems,

Reviewed 2017-05-18

Knowing what the work force is doing and having documentation of when and how they did.

Pros
I like being able to look up how a driver is performing and going back in time to specific days. I like seeing where drivers are using the app on my phone. I like sending messages and responding to messages from my desktop.

Cons
When assigning fobs and retrieving Fleet data for services could be more user friendly. MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITY IS GREAT. Sometimes it seams a little difficult to operate.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the great review Tim! We will have a solution to the driver assignment coming soon. Please contact your account manager for details. We appreciate your business!

Kendra Aldy

Daily user

Reviewed 2019-02-15

I am a Service Coordinator/Dispatcher for a large forklift service company. I have customers that need immediate service and by utilizing the GPS tool, I can see what technician I have closest to the customer and be able provide a realistic arrival time.

Pros
The ease of use. I open it when I get in to the office and it stays open all day. I can dispatch a technician based on who is closet, which is my favorite feature of GPS Insight

Cons
When running a report based on days, it is hard to select the specific days you want without it highlighting a range. Could be a user issue. I would like to see a 'traffic' feature built in as real-time so I could re-route when needed.

Anonymous

Excellent functionality and integration.

Reviewed 2017-11-29

Easy of access to important data.

Pros
The ability to integrate with our dispatching software allows for easy access to important data. It helps us better service our customers.

Cons
The limited devices that are offered has left us wanting more. Additional partnerships with device manufacturers, or expansion of the current manufacturer's line, would be beneficial for companies with trucks that do not need extremely rugged devices, but need a little more than what is offered,

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your business.
Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

CRYSTAL KOSS

GOOD PRODUCT

Reviewed 2019-02-15

OVERALL IT PROVIDES A GOOD SNAP SHOT FOR MANAGING DELIVERY VEHICLE COSTS AND IDENTIFYING COST MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IT CAN ALSO HELP TO INDENTIFY HABITUAL OFFENDERS AND PREVENT PROBLEMS BECOMING BIG ISSUES IN THE FUTURE.

Pros
THIS SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO TRACK EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OUR DELIVERY VEHICLES FROM IDLE TIMES IN THE WINTER TO DRIVING SPEEDS TO SETTING LOCATIONS OUR DRIVERS SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T BE AT.

Cons
THERE IS A SMALL TIME DELAY IN THE SOFTWARE WHICH WHEN WE ARE USED TO EVERYTHING BEING IN REAL TIME TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO.

Response from GPS Insight

Crystal,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business!

Always here to help , GPS Insight

JONATHAN MARTINEZ

our experience is great.

Reviewed 2017-05-18

availability to control the time spend our on delivery and been able to track if the drivers go off route.

Pros
its really acurate and it has help us keep track of where our delivery trucks are going or where they are at any moment. also improves our control on fuel use by using the idle-ling report.

Cons
Some GPS units will get lost and during that down time we cant track the route of the truck. and to be able to fix it the tech requires us to have the truck with us to trouble shoot it. but to do that we will have to bring back the delivery truck from it's route.

Response from GPS Insight

Thanks for the great review Jonathan!

Anonymous

Never had a doubt if we selected the right product.

Reviewed 2017-11-29

Helping us manage our fleet and also helps us better route our routes to make sure the drivers are taking the best routes possible.

Pros
Easy to use and always looking at ways to improve their product. Like many of the customizable features you can set up to make it the way that you would like.

Cons
Updating of GPS software to keep up with new roads. Sometimes customer service can lag on getting back to you but this does not happen that often.

Response from GPS Insight

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support team is always available to help with technical issues if you need it. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10