GPS Insight Logo

Engage Your Fleet with Fleet Software that Gets Results.

GPS Insight Reviews

Suggested alternatives

fleet-complete
keeptruckin
jobber

In general, good experience with the software, its use is highly recommended and regarding support, they have a fast and effective communication.
The ability to integrate with our dispatching software allows for easy access to important data. It helps us better service our customers.
Ease of use, great reports for mileage, states etc. Drivers love the system and it's ease of use, easy to see screen.
We have had troubles with scheduling installs. We dislike the 3 wire system as this is not efficient for our company.
We will sometimes loose tracking on a truck and if one is not paying attention it will not calculate the miles.
Con artist company with little to no knowledge of trucking industry.

HI

Herman I.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

The best fleet tracking system I ever used.

I can track all my drivers every second of the day!

Pros

The best feature is creating geofences. Instant alerts are sent right away to my smartphone. Also alerts are sent for vehicle speeding, idling, and posted speed traffic violations. You can also check the odometer for each vehicle through the website.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will log out after inactivity. Once or twice the network will not work for a few hours. There is a few seconds delay while vehicles are moving but you have to upgrade the plan for real time monitoring. Some reports take a long time to generate based on how much activity has happened over the past few weeks.

Thank you for the feedback Herman! We are glad you find value in the product and thanks for the great ratings. Always here to help, GPS Insight

KE

Kevin E.

Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees

Great software......and an incredible support team !Kudos to Al and his staff !

Your product has assisted our company on many levels including : reducing speeding , theft of our company vehicles , and reducing our at fault accidents by 10% over last year .

Pros

I like the fact that it is user friendly and that you can customize the vehicle reports .The data that I receive has been beneficial is assisting our company in reducing vehicle speeding occurences and accidents .

Cons

The only con for me is that sometimes the speeding violations are off due to drift .The vehicle mileage can sometimes be off as much as 2000 miles . I usually update or adjust the vehicle mileage when imputing the vehicle maintenance.

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We always love to hear that we are able to help make a difference and help reduce accidents! Always here to help, GPS Insight

AD

Alyce D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Not real happy

Not real happy with the product as it does not provide some of the core data we wanted from the software.

Pros

There is nothing we like about the software.

Cons

THe software does not provide the reports that we were told would be included. Some of the data is not accurate.

Hi Alyce, We're sorry to hear you are not receiving the value you expected from us. We always aim to deliver a great experience to our customers and we would like to remediate this situation Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch shortly to provide product training and help walk you through any other issues. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We take your frustrations seriously. Always here to help, GPS Insight

DR

Dave R.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Very easy to use both on the desktop and the mobile app. I use this every day.

Pros

I love its ease of use. I use the software daily on both my desktop and the mobile app to track the progress of our driver. I love its real time visibility, love the function we have built in that tells us what has been dropped off / picked up. I also love the reporting that is available and its ability to be exported so I can dive into the data further.

Cons

The only con that I have with this software is I cannot determine the time it will take my driver to go from point A to point B. For example, if he is leaving a hospital and going to another I would like the ability to see how long it will take him. I see a function that will tell me time from the office to a location or vice versa but even that doesn't see to work. If that can be fixed or added in it would a great asset to us managing his day.

Thanks for the review Dave! We would be happy to discuss determining the time it will take for your driver to go from point A to point B. Please give your account manager a call. Again, thank you for the kind words. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

BV

BJ V.

Great

Pros

We can keep track of all of drivers, we have about 20 or so, so this comes in handy quite often. It will also track when the vehicle needs maintenance and will send alerts to me whenever there is something wrong with the vehicle.

Cons

More often than I would like, the trackers come undone and I have to call the drivers to unplug and plug it back in. We wanted it to be unknown but was not possible with the large plug in they use.

Thank you for your review BJ! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Please give our support team call to remediate your device issue - that is an easy fix! Toll-Free 855-231-5567 (Press 2) Always here to help, GPS Insight

BJ

Ben J.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very pleasant when I have had questions about the different functions.

Being able to track the trucks from my branch whether I'm doing investigations or routine checks, this systems has performed very well.

Pros

Easy to use and understand when I have to track the whereabouts of a vehicle that a complaint has been called in on, or tracking when a employee arrives to a site or is involved in an incident.

Cons

There are times where the system freezes our when the system goes out would prefer to receive an email about the issue instead on an email from the corporate office making me aware of the issue..

Thank you for the great review Ben! We love working with you and your company and look forward to many more years of success together. Please contact us to address any issues you have with the system. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

TJ

Tami J.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

GPS Insight - Making Us Look Good to our Customers

We are able to be efficient with getting the right tech to the right emergency when they arise during our days of business, saving money and customer frustration. We are able to use reports to prove when a tech has been on a location and how much time so should a customer question the amount of time being charged to them for service, we have proof, accomplishing our ability to receive full payment for time spent. We are also able to compare driving complaints to who is where and when to help techs recognize where courtesy might be a better option....

Pros

We have a huge fleet of vehicles and service a large area of Colorado. We have our customer locations set up within the information of this system, and by having current, up to the moment abilities to know where a tech is compared to where an urgent issue has come up for one of our valued customers is priceless for us. We are able to deliver a level of customer service that our customers appreciate greatly!

Cons

I don't necessary believe this to be a software issue, but besides us not being allowed to use your service without having to pay - also not a software issue by the way - I'd say that when a vehicle stops working in the system it can be a frustration. The only contributing factors to that issue arising though is low battery on the vehicle, or wiring coming loose....again...not a software issue.

Tami, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

CJ

Casey J.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Great!

Pros

It does everything. We can track our trucks in current time, print out their stops and idles from the day before, schedule reminders for maintenance, and much more.

Cons

Some of the trackers that they send just plug right into a slot beneath the dash, which is great, except that they very easily get knocked loose or knocked out completely and we have to call the drivers and have them plug them back in.

Hi Casey - Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. We recommend using the included OBD bypass cable to help prevent accidental device removal, that should help. Always here to help, GPS Insight

CL

Charles L.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

very good product

We recieved the ability to track out truck and other assets on a real time basis.

Pros

I think what i like the most about the software would have to be the mapping that is provided. it is very easy to follow where your truck are at any given time. I also use the IFTA reporting features quarterly to keep track of the miles driven in each state.

Cons

what i like least about the software would have to be the process you must take in order to add/change a truck to the system.

Thank you for your review Charles! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with truck adds if you ever need the support. Always here to help, GPS Insight

SH

Shane H.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Best

This is a excellent software to assit in managing employees to meet necessary appointments. It has been very useful to locate other employees close to work area when extra help or equipment is needed off other trucks.

Pros

I love the ability to use your software as a app on my phone as well as on my office computer.

Cons

I would personally like to see the app alittle more user friendly. It's great but I do believe it could use alittle more attention. I have called into support and was able to get the answers.I needed in a quick time without being stuck on hold for long periods of time

Shane, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

TM

Tim M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

We sometimes have difficulties but service a rural area and our vehicles have interlock systems,

Knowing what the work force is doing and having documentation of when and how they did.

Pros

I like being able to look up how a driver is performing and going back in time to specific days. I like seeing where drivers are using the app on my phone. I like sending messages and responding to messages from my desktop.

Cons

When assigning fobs and retrieving Fleet data for services could be more user friendly. MOST OF THE FUNCTIONALITY IS GREAT. Sometimes it seams a little difficult to operate.

Thanks for the great review Tim! We will have a solution to the driver assignment coming soon. Please contact your account manager for details. We appreciate your business! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

JM

JONATHAN M.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

our experience is great.

availability to control the time spend our on delivery and been able to track if the drivers go off route.

Pros

its really acurate and it has help us keep track of where our delivery trucks are going or where they are at any moment. also improves our control on fuel use by using the idle-ling report.

Cons

Some GPS units will get lost and during that down time we cant track the route of the truck. and to be able to fix it the tech requires us to have the truck with us to trouble shoot it. but to do that we will have to bring back the delivery truck from it's route.

Thanks for the great review Jonathan! Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

HV

Heidi V.

The software is much more user-friendly than other GPS-tracking software that we've used in the past

Pros

The customer support team is great, the website is mostly very user-friendly (with the exception of a few details, which the customer support team are always happy to help with), and the live map is a great tool to have as well!

Cons

There are just a few functions that are difficult to find if you don't already know where they are, such as where to add the email address for where to send alerts and reports to users. I wish that the software would just automatically pull this from the email address already on file for the select users!

Thank you for your feedback Heidi! We are glad to hear you are having such a positive experience with our solutions and greatly appreciate your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

PB

Phil B.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Our full fleet deployment was smooth. Years later we still enjoy the powerful tracking and reports.

Safety was our most obvious benefit. We know where our crews are at all times.

Pros

User dashboard and reporting is second to none. We have looked at many and none compare. From hardwired units to plug and play devices, they offer something for a variety of applications.

Cons

Like any technology , things can change. Cellular providers changed things on their end but GPS Insight adapted and provided a seamless solution.

Thank you for the feedback Phil! We are glad you are still loving the product. Say hi to your team over there for us! Always here to help, GPS Insight

rb

russ b.

Construction, 51-200 employees

we use gps insight to track our fleet and it has been a good program to use

great tracking and alerts

Pros

I like the computer and phone app because we can monitor our fleet in office and out of office. the alerts are useful also especially the speeding alerts

Cons

the history section is just ok I have worked with other programs that the history section was more detailed and easy to use

Thank you for your review Russ! We greatly appreciate your business and your feedback. Our Support and Account Management teams are always available to help with our portal history section if you need it. Always here to help, GPS Insight

JS

Jeremy S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Awesome for any size fleet!

The ability to track KPIs and find opportunities in route structure with ease.

Pros

The reports you can generate to see KPIs as well as the overall ability to monitor assets/vehicles in real time.

Cons

Mobile app could use a refresh in the grouping function. The older version of the app would allow you to ungroup similar to the desktop version.

Thank you for the feedback Jeremy! We are glad you find value in the product and rate us so high. We are working on the changes to the app as we speak. Stay tuned. Always here to help, GPS Insight

CN

Chris N.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 employees

GPS Insight Fleet Tracking Solution review

Anytime I have had questions they have been answered quickly.

Pros

Ease of seeing where the crews are working with satellite image. This allows you to reference exactly where the crews are.

Cons

Tracking where crews have been. It was easier to use in the past and is more difficult to follow now. Not a fan of the broken up sections of history.

Chris, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

GP

Greg P.

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Helps us to keep and eye on our equipment and where our customer's loads are at a moments notice.

Real time tracking of equipment and loads. The ability to integrate with BisTrack has proven to be a major positive with our operation.

Pros

We still keep paper trip reports, and when I do an audit at month end the mileage reporting accuracy is within 1%.

Cons

Speed monitoring has a lot of false positives. Because of being close to a metro area, we seem to have a lot of missed signals. Our trucks are governed at 70 MPH, yet we have had reports of our trucks traveling a 78 and above.

Thank you for the feedback Greg! We are glad you find value in the product. Please call support to get details on the speeding discrepancies. Always here to help, GPS Insight

SR

Salimah R.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Usage since2012

Been using since 2012 or earlier and the ease with transitioning between vehicles has been great. They keep up to date with the newest technology and we are happy to team up with GPS Insight for our Fleet management needs.

Pros

The ease with tracking vehicles via phone or online.

Cons

Nothing. Its a great software and has helped me through out our companies growth.

Salimah, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and long time partnership. Always here to help , GPS Insight

TS

Ted S.

Easy to use!

Pros

Easy to navigate, very accurate. I can see where my trucks are at any time and can set up alerts when the trucks go into areas they are not supposed to be.

Cons

Historical mapping not available on mobile devices. Sometimes connection is a little slow using mobile device but that is probably more a cell service issue.

Thanks for your review Ted! We appreciate the feedback and thank you for your business. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

LC

Lori C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great software and customer service. It makes my life so much easier!

Accountability for where my employees are, how long they were there, whether or not they're taking the "scenic route" to the jobs and documentation for my customers when they insist the plumber was only there for 5 minutes.

Pros

The dash board that you can customize for each user makes it so easy to see where everyone is at a glance.

Cons

Thank you for the feedback Lori! We are glad you find value in the product and that we make your life easier! Always here to help, GPS Insight

CB

Cynthia B.

51-200 employees

Awesome program

Pros

user friendly, easy to GEO Fence, truck set up, can do most things from 1 screen, sales and support staff always being there to help.

Cons

should tell us when we have entered a duplicate/so we do not have a property mapped more then once. survey needs to many characters

Thanks for the great review Cynthia! We will let the development team know about your request. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight

BH

Brittany H.

It is great!

We can track the speed and drive time of our trucks.

Pros

For what we purchased it for it works great, we like the different map views that each user can customize.

Cons

I want a better way to visually show our employees homes and parts houses when looking at the entire map of our area, the landmarks do not stand out enough to help us route our trucks.

Thank you for the feedback Brittany! We are glad you like our custom features. We have a way to help you make those landmarks stand out. Please contact your account manager for more info on that. Always here to help, GPS Insight

DC

David C.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Perfect in every way

Managing speeds, idle and start and stop times.

Pros

The app works perfect, I am able to see everything I need to see to manage our fleet of over 300 vehicles along with past records as well.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind this software does everything we need it to do.

David, We appreciate your business and your feedback. Always here to help, GPS Insight

JO

John O.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

The system is very easy to use

the ability to track my drivers at all times and being able to plan there day down to the minute

Pros

the reason i like the system is that i can see my drivers at all time .and i can see there notes and all of the locations at all times

Cons

that the system some times does not respond as quick as needed and your not able to see more than one vehicle at a time

Thank you for your review John! We are so happy to hear that we are helping your business. We will contact you to see if we can help with the Con you noted. Always Here to Help, GPS Insight