Kickserv

#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

visit website

Kickserv Reviews

Pros

What I like best about KickServ is the ease of use and the customer service I receive. The staff is always there and willing to help.

Yvonne G.

My records are stored in the cloud and the best part was it synced with Quickbooks immediately. I absolutely love it and would recommend to a small start up to a Fortune 500.

Frank W.

They have excellent customer service that we have found to be responsive and personal. I would recommend Kickserve to anyone looking for a cost effective and well designed customer management system.

Mike W.

Cons

Editing estimates does not work correctly. There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv.

Josh B.

The APP has always been very poor and its so hard to use, we've never been able to use it the past 2-3 years because of how poor it is.

brian b.

The company has horrible customer support took over a month to correct their error and after multiple calls no response, cannot not recommend to anyone.

Lisa H.

What did we do without Kickserv?

Transcript

Mike: Hi, I'm Mike, I'm an operations manager in the construction industry. And I would give Kickserv...

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

Pros

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

Cons

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others. Cheers!

#1 in Customer Relationship Management & Dispatching software

Kickserv has streamlined my service-based business. It's easy to use for dispatching and task reminders. It also syncs with my bookkeeping software, google calendar, reputation management software and Stripe.

Pros

It is easy to start using the kickserv system, especially since they have such a phenomenal support staff

Cons

I have used this software for over 8 years and the ONLY thing I still would like to see is a more robust search ability. For example, if I were to look for every job that I did "carpet cleaning," I would get a list (instead of having to pull a report).

Lack of response to concerns. Converted us to new platform a day early while open.

Our experience with this software was average until the migration from SSK to Kickserv. 1) Our migration was scheduled for the evening of 2/2/17 but instead was run during the morning. 2) This resulted in us not being able to access our entire database for the entire workday. We lost customers and business as a result. 3) The only response we have gotten from Kickserv is "Sorry about the confusion". 4)...

Pros

drag and drop capabilities

Cons

Since switching over to the new platform, there are issues with billing and attaching. Customer support is not helpful

The experience you had with the migration of your account was very unfortunate. Having your system not available during your working hours is a serious issue and we apologize for that error. We did work with your co-worker on the phone to handle the major issue which was mainly getting the sync working successfully again. To acknowledge some of your comments here we currently don't restrict file...

Kickserv Review

Kickserv allows us to go semi paperless and cuts out time from dispatch to accounting.

Pros

The ability to store everything together.

Cons

It did not integrate with QuickBooks Online as we had hoped. It integrates with it, but not everything transfers.

Best CRM Platform!!

-Easy way to download and calculate jobs for accounting. -Great way to have clear access for everyone in the company to the CRM via the app. The detailed and yet simple organizational process with Kickserv has added tremendous value to us.

Pros

-Organization of data and customer list -Convenient way to calculate weekly, monthly jobs sold. -

Cons

-Sometimes it does not load properly -Would be great what time notes are added to NOTES section for each tab

Hello Amir, Thank you for your feedback and EXCELLENT scoring. We have been doing field service work for well over 30 years now. Plus, thank you for your feature request since I was able to submit it within our Product Board.

Get your DISPTACH house in order

We have been with Kick Serv through a lot of growing pains. As a "non techy" person, I was very frustrated in the beginning but now have become a believer that THIS IS a great program for our growing business. I am looking forward to see which upgrades are coming for 2019. (Allow techs to search for specific job numbers in the field, colors change as job phases are uploaded with new people assigned to same job, adding the use of our standard quote forms, time sheet management)

Pros

Able to track all incoming calls with a glance at calendar screen. See every tech (color coded) daily, weekly and monthly. Track days off, vacations, in a glance, with customer on the phone!

Cons

Still no way to automatically change color coding as each phase of a project is completed and we need to add different tradesmen to the job. We have to "open" each job BEFORE we schedule a tech to see if he/she is already assigned to an ongoing job.

Hello Cyndi, Many thanks for the abundance of positive feedback. And as always the suggestions to make our product better and more user friendly is what we thrive on here. To quickly gather what jobs a technician or tradesman is on go directly to our Jobs index page and use the "assign to" filter. Ping me back from within the app if you'd like to discuss this idea further. We are here to help.

Kickserv Review

The software is easy to customize, makes training new employees much easier, and running reports is simple. The customer support team always makes us aware of any changes or down times, and is always responsive to any inquiries or issues we may have.

Pros

The interface is extremely easy to use, and maneuver through. It is also very simple to create your own custom fields, reports, and track data.

Cons

There is no way to track inventory, and modifying customized work orders can sometimes be a nuisance.

Hello James, Thank you very much for your time and the review. Your viewpoints were insightful. We are happy to hear how easy it is for new users to learn the flow of Kickserv and get started. We certainly do have inventory on our roadmap of feature requests. It remains a feature that our Quickbooks and Xero integrations do very well. We should discuss how we can enhance the customization of templates such as work orders with each other. I'll reach out to you directly. Thank you again for your review.

Quick to learn, Easy to use, Adapt to your needs

We are able to create estimates and work through an ongoing job without it effecting our bookkeeping within Quickbooks Online. Kickserv has allowed us to track our time records in records within the job record, but then only enter one final labor charge within the invoice itself. We are able to keep greater detailed notes about the piece of equipment without them being accessible to the customer.

Pros

Synchronization with Quickbooks Online. Basic functions are easy to use. Adaptable to your companies needs with custom fields and reports. Directions/maps are integrated into each customer location for quickly planning your days journey.

Cons

You are unable to print report/search results from Kickserv, you are required to export to CSV format. It does not contain an inventory feature within the software.

Christy, Thank you for your time. We very much appreciate the review. Beutel and Kickserv have been working with each other over 9 years now. I can work with you to see if we can come up with a solution for the printing situation. We now have two fabulous features that you may want to check out - Edge and Listings. They are certain to help your company grown

Amazing Software

Overall this software has gotten way better and way easier for me to do my contracts and upload my information

Pros

Can upload multiple photos at the same time, make them shareable and also can save notes

Cons

In the beginning it wouldn’t allow me to upload multiple photos

Kickserv has alot of potential that our company was not using, support is amazing, just ask!!!

Pros

Very easy to use, many reports available based on data we enter into system. The custom reports are awesome, you can build any that are needed. For a small company, 3 years old that I just started working for 1 year ago, they needed the push to use it to its capacity and we are now getting information out of it that is very valuable for growth.

Cons

Hello Jo-Ann, thank you for the review. What could we do to get the extra stars?

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software...

Kickserv is a still

Pros

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past...

Cons

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Superior Elevator Inspections - We Love Kickserv!

We have many customers that have many conveyances that we have to inspect per State requirements. Each has a different State Identification Number to record and track which we use in scheduling. We have to do much coordination between elevator contractors (Otis, Schindler, Kone, etc.), our customer building owners, and our inspectors. It's not always easy but Kickserv makes things much more manageable. Prior to Kickserv, spreadsheets, Word calendars and white boards were used...it was like the Dark Ages. :)

Pros

It's so easy to use and functions well for most of our needs. I LOVE the Special Instructions section and the clarity it provides in the Overview tab. Tags are also very helpful for our needs. The Resource calendar is fantastic too. Sometimes updates made in QB don't seem to come over to Kickserv in a timely manner but I think they usually do eventually. Overall, Kickserv has been a game-changer for us and I'm grateful every day for it's availability.

Cons

On my wish list is a feature that will allow me to duplicate contact information of one customer and paste it into that of another. We deal with many management companies who manage several of our customers and I have to re-type their contact info into each shared customer that we have. Reports are a little cumbersome to create but I did work in Salesforce.com many years ago and found that to be the case with them too.

Hi Sandy, SUPER review! You have been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful, and I believe they will help others.

Great customer service every time!

Pros

This software is easy to use and some really great features... I like that I can drag appointments from one day to the next if needed. And contact customer service if needed easily.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts that would come up - such as an alert that will come up when scheduling someone that has an open balance so that we can let the customer know when scheduling, also what would be really helpful is if there was an alert that pops up stating that there is already a scheduled appointment open for that customer to avoid potentially double booking a customer (sometimes a wife...

Hello Leeann - thank you for your time and feedback. To help avoid duplicate bookings our best practice is to search customers by street address prior to booking. Street addresses are very unique and will display any prior events for that location.

Fits our company's needs and overall easy to use.

Pros

It is overall easy to customize to fit our needs. There are many features we use and I'm sure many more we don't. Allowing other employees to view, create notes and have user access is very helpful for our business. Also, the search option is great. When forgetting what address is associated with what customer, the search option is a helpful go-to when looking for a random piece of information.

Cons

I wish it was easier to navigate online "help topics". While the customer service on the phone is great, it would be nice to access online articles. I haven't found them especially helpful. Also, when clicking on a customer and then accessing the jobs in their profile, it has been very frustrating seeing old jobs come up first. I don't want to see 2014 jobs, I'd rather see the ones I'm currently on,...

Great product

The biggest benefit is efficient use of my time. Being able to schedule multiple technicians and amend the calendar as things change is huge. Our guys have iPads and can access the program anywhere so we're all looking at the same data. It makes us more profitable by not having to take time for them to call in or for the office to call them and wait for them to be able to stop and call back.

Pros

Easy to learn. I'm an older user and not tech proficient. It was very easy. It syncs with QuickBooks which makes my work more efficient. I create invoices in Kickserv and the information is seamlessly transferred. We have color coded our techs so I can easily tell where they are. The map and directions feature makes it easy for our techs on the road to see where the jobs are.

Cons

The only thing I haven't liked is that I can't edit contacts in Kickserv any longer. I have to edit addresses and phone numbers in QuickBooks and I find that the information doesn't sync back, so I end up having incorrect information on clients in Kickserv.

Hi Beverly, SUPER review! Thank you for your time and thoughts. Please know that we really do appreciate your company doing business with us for over 5 years! Plus, I emailed you the directions you need to make your contact edits in Kickserv. This way once you sync your contacts to QuickBooks they will override any changes made in QuickBooks.

Kickserv has been a valuable addition to our business. It helped our company become more streamlined

Pros

The calendar and resource views and functionalities are the best features of Kickserv. We have 7 vehicles on the road and we need to know where they are and how each job went. Kickserv allows us to communicate in a cloud based system that all of our techs can access in real-time. When a change is made to the calendar, all office staff can see it. Technicians can leave job notes before they leave the job site, and customers can pay online after they are invoiced by email. The newer look of KickServ was a real step up from the original Service Sidekick. It has grown with us and continues to get better everyday. It has really begun to feel like we have a real business and we are happy with the way KickServ has grown into theirs as well.

Cons

The technicians cannot see the description of charges in the itemized list of charges while using the mobile app on their phones. Some issues with recurring jobs - I have found that most of the issues get resolved as soon as we mention them to the KickServ customer service team. If there is an answer, the team is willing to try and find it. When KickServ lags or goes down it slows our company down to a crawl. It was worse before, and only keeps getting better.

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Pros

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Small company that rapidly grew!

Pros

We love the simplicity of it, the work flow is really easy with the unschedule, scheduled, in progress, etc tabs. It keeps the jobs organized. We love that it is capable with our QuickBooks keeping our books stright is very important to us.

Cons

The mobile app has had a number of bugs and issues. But we contact customer service and it seems to fix. However we still run into minor issues here and there.

Hi Jessica, Your company has been a very loyal customer for 4 years now! Thank you. Plus, it's great to hear how much you like our Support team. Keep connecting with us with our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Good experience overall, customer support time is frustrating tho...

We boost productivity big time with this software!

Pros

This software offers great functionality and customization, so far has been the one that adapted the most to our requirements. New functionalities are added on weekly basis which is really nice. Price is very accessible for small business. Is easy to use once that you get the grip on it which takes time because some stuff is somehow counter intuitive, I seriously recommend getting the paid support/training sessions otherwise you will get very frustrated. integration with QB and use of credit card payment is solid.

Cons

Customer support time is frustrating, they take at least several hours to get back to you then sometimes they will reply and stop answering for another several hours, this made us almost regret our decision when setting up our account. They offer documentation for the software but a lot of topics are mere drafts and do not contain a lot of information. Despite the fact that they answer really slow...

Best value and

Pros

We have used the software since about 2012. It is very user friendly and allows our company to schedule and keep track of our customers on a daily basis. We love the ability to create reports and sort data but services used, how often customers use us, amount spent, ect. The staff at Kickserv is responsive and easy to work with if a question or problem arises. Kickserv syncs seamlessly with quick books and allows us to easily keep our books up to date. We have just recently started using the credit card processing add on. It was again, seamless and easy to use. Very happy and attribute the program to our continued success!

Cons

There are a few upgrades I would love to see...such as taking a discounted about off certain items. For our business a check box form would be helpful in the tuneup each of the technician s perform, however for the dollars spent it is a great program at a great value.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ashly. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Great but still a few glitches

We have been using the program for about a year, and it is for sure better than other programs that we have used in the past. ANd the ease of talking to a real person in tech support is WONDERFUL! But there are still a few issues we have come across. One is that it only works properly on FireFox, and is the only program I use that actually works on that browser, so I have to have that on all the time...

Pros

Able to change as needed, and easy to integrate with Quick Books. Easy to contact a real person in tech support.

Cons

Don't feel that the phone/tablet app is user friendly

Satisfied Customer

I have already shared my positive feeling regarding Service Sidekick with several fellow electricians. All of us have the common need to be able to access our schedule while out working or estimating projects. I feel like i have a much better grasp on my schedule than ever before. I can access the calender in the morning at my desk. Then on my Android or ipad while I'm in my truck or elsewhere.

Pros

The ability to view my schedule on my Android phone was the primary reason that I chose Service Sidekick almost two years ago. I'm so glad that I did! Our previous scheduling information could only be accessed while out in the field if the secretary was still at the office or by remote log-in once I got to a computer. With Service Sidekick I am able to pull up my schedule while eating lunch, enter...

Cons

The only real negative that i have to offer is that when scheduling work for a contractor that will be at an address that is not their home office. Their office address always appears on the printed work order and it can and has caused confusion. Meaning that my guys have shown up at the contractors personal home, embarrassing. There might be a way to simplify it for recurring business partners that work in other places like a remodeling General contractor. Also, with so many features, i feel like i am only skimming the surface of what Service Sidekick is capable of. My New Years resolution is to learn to use it even more effectively.

We do have a new template for work locations and this user was given that new template so you can display the parent and child location.

Overall our experience with Kickserv has been good. There are a few glitches at times.

Pros

The calendar has been easy to use. We do not use it for our installers at this time but use it daily for our sales appointments. For the most part kickserv has been user friendly.

Cons

There are times when we have issues syncing with QuickBooks. It seems this happens when we have one customer with multiple locations. We created our own invoice and estimate template. It would be helpful if this was easier to do and we did not need an HTML guru or it would be helpful if kickserv was more helpful with this. Reports can be confusing to create to pull the information needed. The reports probably took us the longest to figure out how to use. When uploading pictures it is very slow for the sales people when using their ipad in the field.

Hello Debbie, We really appreciate your time and the feedback you and your team have provided us. You should always use our chat feature in the program whenever you have a sync issue that you are not able to resolve. We do have plans to make both reporting and possible custom template modifications easier.

Great Software for a 1 to 5 Truck Operation!!

Pros

It was really easy to use. I was able to take my business from 3 employees up to 15 before I started feeling any pain. The estimates were customization with HTML. We were able to add some very cool code that would add offer banners depending on what was in the estimate. It tracks every time your customer opens your estimates. Great for know who to call. The software works well with quickbooks online. The work flow is logical.

Cons

It was week on CRM functions like phone and email integration. The mobile app never worked for us but to be fair our account may have outgrown the design. There was no ability to group several jobs in to a project. This hurts when trying to find sale conversion rates because we often wrote several optional estimate to win 1 project. Not having enough features to take my business for 20 to 50 employees. I would still be using it if they had developed a few more features or integrated tightly with a office CRM. Kickservs has a really nice integration with QBO at the invoices level but none at the prospect or estimate level. If KS's contacts and estimates would of synced and mirrored QBO I Would of found a CRM to layer over KS to get the features I needed.