Kickserv Logo

Kickserv Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.55/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I am extremely happy with Kickserv. There is a bit of a learning curve but I am very pleased.
They have excellent customer service that we have found to be responsive and personal. I would recommend Kickserve to anyone looking for a cost effective and well designed customer management system.
If you need help or have questions, tech support is always there ready to help. Actually, a rep called me after signing up to see if I needed help or had any questions and right then, I thought WOW.
The APP has always been very poor and its so hard to use, we've never been able to use it the past 2-3 years because of how poor it is.
Editing estimates does not work correctly. There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv.
The company has horrible customer support took over a month to correct their error and after multiple calls no response, cannot not recommend to anyone.

Kickserv users...

Housecall Pro-logocaret

Housecall Pro

Jobber-logocaret

Jobber

How would you rate Kickserv?

What did we do without Kickserv?

Transcript

Mike: Hi, I'm Mike, I'm an operations manager in the construction industry. And I would give Kickserv...

Best quote building software I have used

The fact it’s easy to use and easy to modify quotes in real time has enabled me to close business on site.

Pros

This system has been the fastest and most efficient quote building tool I have ever used. The ease of use has allowed for me to efficiently build quotes while on site with customers, and effectively allowed for me to close more deals on site than with any other platform I have used. The fact that everything is done in-platform, from quote building to delivering to customers, simplifies my internal process. It’s also nice to have the audit trail that lets me know if a customer has received and viewed the quotes I have sent out, leading to more effective follow ups.

Cons

Everything about this software has suited my needs well, so I really don’t have any complaints.

Hello Tyler, SUPER review! Thank you for your time and thoughts. Please know that we really do appreciate your company doing business with us for over 3 years!

ssk review

For the price, support it fills a need. The team is always there for us, and been a user for 11/12 years and no real issues to complain.

Pros

costs, not overly complicated to work, basic and works for our needs been client for years and referred more then i can remember and no one ever complains. great team

Cons

the scheduling , no automation on follow ups for leads, sync issues at times w QB, lack of feature rich apps others offer- like invoicing, logic scheduling ( type in area and auto tells whos in area when) any connection with vech tracking and no way to sync with phone system

Awesome review. Thank you John, for taking the time to leave the feedback as well as being a long time advocate for Kickserv. We greatly appreciate it.

Love this program!

I absolutely love this program and highly recommend it. The best CRM I have ever used, I have over 20 years plus experience with CRM programs so that says a lot.

Pros

This program talks with Everything! Your QB software, and has an app for out in the field. I can do everything start to finish in this program.

Cons

I would love the ability to color-code technicians out in the field on the calendar.

Hello, 10/10 is awesome! We are glad to hear that you love Kickserv and that we are meeting your needs and expectations! I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you about our color-coding options in Kickserv. You can reach me directly at Juan.herrera@kickserv.com Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of the Kickserv family!

overall, highly satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use & work with has a great organization method

Cons

when checking recent activity, it puts wrong employee name for things that were done.

Hey Erna! We could get use to these 10/10 reviews! We are glad to hear that you find Kickserv easy to use and that you are loving the organizational method. What you are experiencing when checking the recent activity is something that our development has been made aware of and they are working on a solution. Again, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being part of the Kickserv family.

Great Product with Excellent Support

Overall, my experience has been stellar. I would recommend this product for a number of reasons.

Pros

I like the interface. It is intuitive while user friendly.

Cons

Still waiting for a dark mode. Also, there was a quasi-recent change where it was decided to get rid of the slots for multiple phone numbers. This change impacted our business directly. We were able to work around it, but it is still less than ideal.

Hello Richard, Thank you for your review! We like to think that our customer support team provides excellent support. We are glad that you are finding Kickserv to be user-friendly and intuitive. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the feedback that you have provided us. We are glad that you are part of the Kickserv family!

New to Kickserv and enjoying it

Getting notes in so owner in a city over 500 miles away can read it NOW. Getting invoices to the contractors as soon as the jobs are complete.

Pros

What I like most about Kickserv is that fact that its real time. NO waiting for uploads or updates. Someone notes it, it shows now Someone sends an invoice NOW....someone views the invoice NOW. And all data can be cross referenced making locating someone so much easier.

Cons

I am still new to Kickserv so I haven't come across much I don't like. I find it annoying when I add someone in and the address doubles itself.

Hi Tracy, Thank you for your review! Please know that we really do appreciate your time and feedback. Plus, as a new user make sure to use our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

An honest review

I would like to see you all bring back the feature that allows you to drop an attachment anywhere on the page and to make PDF files open up as a preview instead of taking you to a whole new page.

Pros

The software is overall very easy to use but ONLY once you already know how to work with it all.

Cons

I have been the one thats been having to monitor and train multiple people on the ins and outs of the software and it is a bit of a hassle for them to grasp all the concepts of it,

Hi Jesus, Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 10 years now! Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to write up a kind review. Your feedback was insightful. As a result, be on the lookout for new Kickserv training videos which will help with assimilating new employees within the platform.

Kickserv is a great app that I have used for my Piano Service Company.

Pros

All inclusive connectivity of all the data needed to run my (Piano Service) business. I consider myself a fairly expert user of kickserv, using it from its early inception, then called ' Service Sidekick'. I am totally on board to help bring it to its fullest potential, so dont take the cons section too hard...I use the system every day, all through the day, and my entire operation depends on this most awesome application.

Cons

Software is gradually degrading. Latest update published makes KS sluggish, screen freezes constantly during scrolling. Reports have been altered to the point of useless. Quadruple redundant data entry, creating and closing an event, then a job. No auto fill on repeated fields. Phone numbers require dashes be entered. Format the field for straight 10 digit entry. Area code, city, and state are...

Hello Scott, We agree that April and May were not good months for Kickserv. We are so very sorry. We did correct the couple of issues that were inherited from the massive migration of hundreds of original customers from our legacy platform. We regret not anticipating those issues prior. I would like to clarify some points you made: 1. We do not require dashes in phone numbers fields. 2. We...

Very good service

Well is very important to learn how to use it. In the very beginning I was not familiar whit the software because Im almost 50 years old and I dont know much about technology but little by little Im learning every day a different way to used .And Im happy whit it

Pros

I can see all my jobs and days at any time any day 365 day of the year I love it... just some times when don't have internet access to the software is not convenient but its ok. Is very rare this thing happens. Im very glad to have this tool

Cons

Nothing its very efficient., some times my office make changes at the very last moments but it's not your fault. I dont know who to used all the tools but I will learn how to used soon. Some times I ask my co workers and they teach me how to do it but to be honest I have no time to learn.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Francisco. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

The customer service team is unbeatable!

The benefits of using Kickserv come down to being able to run reports on our maintenance team productivity. It allows us to see where our strengths and weaknesses are so we can become the best in our industry.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is very user-friendly. The second most liked feature is the team that stands behind the product. They are always prompt and professional with a dose of personality that will make you smile! The third most like feature is being able to track out technicians.

Cons

I don't know at this time what I would list as the least favorite thing about this software.

Hello Robin, Thank you for your review! We like to think that our customer service team is unbeatable and you saying this confirms it. We are glad that you are finding Kickserv to be user-friendly and enjoying the features we have available in our software. We do our best to be prompt, professional and as you said, 'with a dose of personality!' Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of the Kickserv family!

Kickserve review

Kickserv is overall amazing an makes my job super easy!

Pros

Kickserve is extremely easy to use. They always offer help icons. It is always being up to date to stay with the flow of new things.

Cons

The only negative is when they did a recent update when we are in a client folder and the top right jobs box reflects all jobs not just the job we are working on now. So as far as what a client owes gets supper confusing. Was easier when t just reflected current open job.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lindsey. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

We use Kickserv EVERYDAY

It has been great - I like to say I have mastered Kickserv

Pros

It is quite user friendly and if you do not understand something - ask customer support and they will reeply within the hour typically within a couple minutes.

Cons

The cellphone version is still a work in progress - It works great for basic scheduling, but you can't schedule reminders, for instance, other than through a computer.

Sophia - we are so glad that Kickserv is holding up to your expectations. We would love to interview you on the phone or maybe just in an email. Email me when you can 'pete@kickserv.com'. Reference this Capterra review. Thank you

Kick Serve has helped to close to $3 million in sales for the moving companies I have worked with.

Pros

From an admin position this product has been very easy to set up and use. Most of all we have been able to customize to fit our needs. Our clients often remark on how simple and easy to read our estimates are. We have it synced with Quickbooks to track payments.

Cons

Other than the server issue a few months back we have not had any real complaints. Tech support usually responds within a few minutes or contacting them.

Thank you, Ralph. $3 million in sales is a lot of sales. We are happy to hear just how well our software is assisting your customer-flow-line. We know field service and understand that the speed of communication (field to office and visa versa) equals the strength of any organization.

The old system service psychic was very useful and user-friendly. The new software is terrible.

During the service sidekick years, many. During the kick serve years nearly 0 other than scheduling.

Pros

The calendar is the biggest strength of this program. I like being able to use colors for different types of jobs. Also when you move something on the calendar it automatically updates. Our new software does not do that and I miss it. Service psychic used to be very easy to add people into the system and get them scheduled. Kick serve was not. The quick add was a great function when we were at tradeshows or when you're on the phone with a customer.

Cons

The reporting is near worthless. None of the reports are ever accurate, and trying to get someone to help you make them accurate was like banging your head against a wall. The system was incredibly unreliable It is constantly going down. For a web-based system, businesses rely on its functionality during business hours. We had many days of inability to use the system. They're always seem to be some reason why it crashed. The system was much much better when it was service sidekick. We had to build a salesforce software system because it was so dysfunctional. The customer service was also incredibly bad.

We migrated hundreds of our original customers from our legacy system to Kickserv starting in April 2017 through May 2017. We inherited some issues that we certainly should have anticipated or planned for. We did find a couple processing issues bringing on all those older accounts so quickly. We have since cleared those problems and added many more resources to handle much more growth. We sincerely apologize to all our loyal customers for enduring those weeks of processing delays.

Easy to learn and use

Pros

It's simplicity and easy to use. Allows you to keep a lot of information for each customer. Especially like be able to search for a contact not only by name but also by house address or phone number.

Cons

Whenever you want to eliminate tags of one sort or another the software will eliminate those tags in existing completed jobs. Why can't the old tags stay in place when we no longer have use for them and want to change or eliminate?

Hello Sharon, We are happy that Kickserv is assisting your business be more successful. We do have on the workbench some ideas to make the tagging feature more useful such as creating an active vs inactive element to tags. Thank you for your feedback.

5 year user of Service Sidekick now KickServ

Service Sidekick was a great product, they now forced all of their customers to Kickserv. They did the changeover at 10am on a weekday when it was scheduled for 10pm. We were down all day and received no apology. The changeover broke several systems. It no longer syncs to quickbooks correctly. When a task is made for someone it no longer tells people who made it and the Kickserv team is basically AFK.

Pros

I like how easy it used to be to use. If I had to buy the new kickserv I would run away screaming

Cons

Terrible interface. Terrible tech support. Very slow. Incredibly convoluted. First you make a job with charges, then you have to "generate an Invoice" from that job, then you can enter a payment, then after entering that you can mark it paid, then after doing all of that you can mark the job complete. What a nightmare. Customers are syncing to the wrong customers in Quickbooks, which has caused an accounting nightmare.

As you mentioned, the upgrade process did not go as planned. Your upgrade was completed later than expected, due to an unforeseen issue with another account's upgrade. We're truly sorry this happened. After the upgrade, we discovered that you had recently changed your QuickBooks sales tax codes, which inadvertently left 97 of your 4997 customers without a proper sales tax code. We reset your sales...

Kickserv

We have solved the issue of keeping client communication organized etc. with Kickserv we know exactly where to find notes on previous conversations with a client as well as any important information our techs or CSR may need to know.

Pros

I like the fact that we can enter notes about a customer and separate notes for each project of a customer as well as including attachments such as pictures etc. it helps to keep things organized and accessible.

Cons

We use a program outside of Kickserv to compile estimates as I can customize them a lot more with boilerplate etc.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ronnie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Great Software

Pros

I use primarily for maintenance scheduling. Works well with the techs being able to see their jobs remotely and it updates in real time. Its great for invoicing as well and syncing with QB

Cons

Nothing negative to say. Wish i knew more about all the functions. Would possible get more use out of it.

Hello Amanda, Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 6 years now! Thank you. SUPER review! Thank you for the terrific feedback. We love hearing about how easy our QuickBooks integration is to use, and I believe your feedback will help others. Plus, be on the lookout for my invitation to join a Success Call where we provide a fresh look at all the tools within Kickserv.

Overall very happy with the system and continue to be impressed with all the changes.

Everything in one place and easy to view open quotes and current jobs.

Pros

Internet based being able to get it on my phone when out of office. I use my tablet and phone from home and this is very important to me.

Cons

I get frustrated with the frequent slow load times lateley. I know that is being worked on and I apprecaite that because it is crippling when we cannot get to the information when speaking with a customer. I ALSO WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU COULD HAVE A PHOTO ON THE CUSTOMER PAGE THAT PULLS UP IN THE FIRST CLICK OF THE ACCOUNT. SMALL PHOTO LIKE WHAT IS IN NOTES BUT IN THE MAIN VIEW. DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE. JUST A SUGGESTION

Excellent operating system

scheduling, mobile application

Pros

Easy to use, integrates well with quickbooks

Cons

Would like to see some additions to the system, for example be able to add a convenience fee charge to customers for paying with credit cards, I beleive is in the works

Hello Ivette, Thank you for your review!!! We are glad to hear that you that you are enjoying our excellent operating system and that we are meeting your expectations. You are correct that the convenience fee option is in the works. Be sure to keep an eye out for this! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of the Kickserv family!

Kickserv

Everything has been positive, other than our own desires for additional features (namely inventory). The support team is always very responsive, and is constantly working to improve our experience.

Pros

Ease of use makes day-to-day operations a breeze.

Cons

There is not a feasible way to manage inventory (at least not yet).

Thank you so much for your kind words, James. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

What did we do without Kickserv?

I feel like we're constantly finding more and more uses for Kickserv! We originally used it strictly as a tool for invoicing, but over this past year we've started using it for work routing, expense tracking, and productivity tracking. We've eliminated or are close to eliminating the need for other software because Kickserv is so flexible.

Pros

Versatility SO easy to use Quickbooks integration

Cons

I wish the reporting functionality was more customizable. I'd specifically like better reporting for my expenses by technician.

Hello Mike, SUPER review! Thank you for the terrific feedback. We love hearing about how easy our QuickBooks integration is to use and I believe your feedback will help others.

Kickserv is great but we are limited. I like the fact it continues to upgrade and that they consider all request. However, there plenty of dynamics that are lacking in the capacity we would like to utilize.

Pros

Continuous improvements that are made that improvement data entries etc

Cons

Does not have all that is needed to use without additional resources.

Hello Rachel, Thank you for your feed back and EXCELLENT scoring of support for our product. You and I did discuss your companies desires for more custom type fields on the web and mobile versions and to make some of the fields required. We are working towards a better inventory integration as well as further enhancing our GPS and job costing features.

Kickserv is a great communication software for people out in the field.

Ease of use, great communication with techs, maps

Pros

What i like most about the software is the ease of the program. When i input an address it starts to give recommendations and it fills in the blanks for you. You can also view a map of the location. We use this software everyday throughout the day and is a great program for the office to communicate with people in the field without having to call them.

Cons

We have used kickserv for a few years now and i really haven't run into any major problems with the software. The few times i did, the tech helped out immediately to get my issues resolved.

We've used this Kickserv for years! It's a good, solid program that is continually being upgraded.

Let's us keep all customer data in one place. Syncs with our bookkeeping program. Internet based lets us work from anywhere. Good value for the $$$.

Pros

Reasonable pricing. Good set of features. Great customer service. We've used this program for at least 10 years.

Cons

It's looking better, but still a bit "clunky". Not very intuitive if you're new to the system. Screen views are stretched out and take up a lot of room. You have to scroll a lot to find things. It could be more compact and easier to maneuver. The Android version is the same way - multiple screens to find things. You have to learn all the workarounds to be productive.