Starboard Suite Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.27/10

Reviews by rating

Not only is the software user friendly and easily managed by our employees, but the SS customer support is outstanding.
From the immediate, responsive communication, to the comprehensive training, integration with adwords & analytics, to the generous and useful "Welcome Aboard" gift, these folks have it FIGURED OUT.
I like working with smaller companies that have excellent customer service.
I was worried that it would take a lot of time to get our people up and running and it really did not.
Customers get very confused by putting their vouchers in from groupon. They have to call and need to be walked through every step because they can't figure it out on their own.
I also find the calendar to be rather bulky, and find myself missing our simpler calendar from our previous reservation platform. Having said that, about 95% of their service IS customizable.

EV

Eshwaran V.

Captain

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

It’s a good product

Transcript

Eshwaran V.: Hi, my name is Eshwaran. I'm a purchasing manager. I gave five out of five on Starboard...

MC

Molly C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

FEEDBACK on Starboard Software

We are a tight running internet operation and it is important for the public to see us that way. We do not have a ticket office so our internet presence and success are extremely important to us. STARBOARD helps us deliver solid, immediate customer service. We project a realtime operation that is appreciated when we meet our customers on the boat!

Pros

GREAT information for CUSTOMERS. It is complete and thorough information and it makes our operation look professional. The information in the Boarding Pass is complete and informative..I have few questions from customers after they have received the printout from their ticketing transaction. It is set up like a click through shopping site and this works for me and our customers.

Cons

I wish this was more intuitive as a user. I run into (too easily) the complication of an INCOMPLETE cancellation. I have a hard time finding details on a private charter that has been booked (payment history) ADDING another charge to the charter booking (music, additional time booked for the trip...)maybe this could be customized for our particular business...I would LOVE a live tutorial on this so I could work through mistakes and understandings as I create them..solve the problem/misunderstanding on the spot.

Hi Molly, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that things are working out so well for your customers! We'd be more than happy to provide an additional training session. It looks like your business was previously managed by an outside management company, so we provided them with training previously. Please reach out to our support team and we can schedule a training session at your convenience. We want to make sure you feel 100% confident with everything you'll need to do now that you're running things yourself. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help. Wishing you all the best, Charles

CS

Celestina S.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

A Growing Product

Overall I find it a great system and I love how helpful rep is! When we have any questions someone always seems available to help out which is very helpful!

Pros

This was my first year working with Wild Whales Vancouver and when I began we were operating with a different reservation system. I didn't realize how much simpler things could be until we had Starboard up and running. Taking reservations and checking people in became a much more straightforward and expedited process. There were a number of things that our company needed from a reservation that starboard did not necessarily offer at the time that we were switching over, however they were very responsive and quick to acknowledge our requests and worked with us so we were able to customize the system to our needs. They are constantly developing the program, and every once in a while they will add a new feature that we didn't even know we wanted!

Cons

I used this program almost daily throughout most of the summer and what I had the most issues with was "the cart". I found that the scheduling mistakes that I make are usually due to a busy office environment and trying to move from one reservation to another and mistakenly editing the wrong reservation due to the cart. I see it's benefit in some situations, however, personally I would probably have...

Celestina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making your job so much easier and that our check-in process is much more straightforward and expedited compared to Rezdy. FYI, if you want to completely start over on a reservation, you always have the option to remove the reservation from your cart. FYI #2, we're actively working on a "wait list" feature and expect to have it in place before you start back up in the spring :) Have a wonderful winter season! Charles

AW

Alexander W.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Get for small business

I was with SS for 3 years and they worked great. I wish they had more features but that's what makes their cost so so cheap compared to others.

Pros

Very easy, cheap, and great communication

Cons

up to date features and connections with affiliates

Hi Alex, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We've been very busy cranking out new features this year, including integrations with Square, Smart Waiver, Mail Chimp and Constant Contact. And, we've got lots more in the pipeline for this year. We'd love to welcome you back when you're ready :)

JS

Joan S.

It keeps getting better.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both for the customer and the client. And it gets easier. The Starboard team is very responsive to customer needs and anticipates "what's next". The ongoing introduction of features shows constant ingenuity, desire to be the best product on the market and an understanding of the product's role in a business. Fees to Starboard Suite are reinvested in improving the product and your own ROI. Totally worth it.

Cons

Every time I have an issue with the software, I mention it to the team. Either they teach me something, show me an alternate way, or put it on their list of improvements. Eventually anything I don't like, goes away!

Joan, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on-board, and it's great to hear that we're getting it right with our new features and our customer support. Looking forward to working with you for many years to come, Charles

RA

Randy A.

Outstanding reservation system

Pros

My company has used Starboard Suite for several years and would highly recommend their reservation system. Our reservation system is customized, user friendly and relative to our industry. They have developed an app that we used on both IOS and Android platforms. The customer service is without a doubt outstanding. I would highly recommend Starboard Suite reservation software.

Cons

I can not report anything negative about Starboard because they have met all of my needs.

Randy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you've been so pleased with out platform and service, and would highly recommend it to others. Wishing you a great summer season!

BS

Brad S.

Starboard Suite has surpassed my expectations on all levels!! Especially the Customer Service! A++

Pros

I like the intuitive Control Panel. It didn't take long for me to really dive into the settings and with some excellent customer service and the help of the Starboard Team, I felt really comfortable using Starboard Suite to its full potential. The Starboard Team does an excellent job setting up the software so its turn key ready for use. The communication and promptness of their staff is by far...

Cons

Zero Cons... any of the minor issues I've had have been quickly addressed and most of the time, it was just my own misunderstanding of how the software works or responds. A little bit of coaching from the staff and the issue what ever it may have been becoming non-existent!!

Brad, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you aboard, and glad to hear that our product and service have exceeded your expectations on all levels! Wishing you a great summer season!

SL

Sue L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Fantastic for any rental or tickets sales business!

We think nothing but great things of crew at D3 Solutions. Our company is by no means the biggest company they service but every interaction we've had with them, they treat us as if we were. Everything you want in a business partner you plan to spend many years with.

Pros

D3 Solutions has made our transition from FareHarbor seamless and care free. Their thorough support has made creating our perfect reservation platform a dream come true. The system is easy to operate and with our staff of crew ages 15-70 was easy to train and understand. Their patience with our crew as they transitioned to Starboard Suite from our previous provider was unmatched and the continued support is exceptional and comforting. I love to tell my fellow business owners about this amazing company!

Cons

At first it was a stretch to do exactly what we needed as boat rental company business with a very specific need but they were able to meet our expectations and exceed them.

TM

Tony M.

1-10 employees

Incredible Customer Support

The team at Starboard Suite does a phenomenal job responding to inquiries and making schedule adjustments for us and does so extremely quickly. This is great for us when we want to make pricing changes, add new locations, or offer specials. The software is easy to use and the functionality is great for our customers. We shopped around quite a bit and not only was Starboard Suite an incredible deal, they were also the easiest to communicate with and had by far the best customer service. If you are shopping for a scheduling software to use, look no further. These guys are the best!

Pros

Ease of use. A lot of features.

Cons

I would like to be able to make mass changes to mass event adds that I had done in the past.

Hi Tony, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that things are working out so well with our product and our service!! ---- In terms of mass changes, we wanted to make sure you know that you can already: - Make global changes to any of your price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc. - Add new price levels,...

RM

Ruby M.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Starboard for a Reservation System

So far so good.

Pros

It is user friendly and it help that it easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes in the middle of transaction it hangs.

Hi Ruby, Thanks for writing a review! Glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite user friendly and easy to navigate! You noted that sometimes it seems to hang in the middle of a transaction -- that's not an issue that we're aware of, or that we've heard from others, so it sounds like it's your internet connection timing out. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Seems fairly straightforward

Pros

I most like the view and filtering options. Being able to select different views and to filter on various fields allows me to focus on and find the specific information I need.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to get the mobile app on my phone. I can't find Starboard Suites itself, let alone the customized version for our tour company.

H there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite has been working out well for you. Our mobile app is available in the App Store (just search for Starboard Suite). If you need assistance with that, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

SC

Stephanie C.

Excellent Customer Support

Excellent - ease of use and very helpful customer support

Pros

easy to use, excellent customer support (I'm learning the program)

Cons

Cons - I cannot think of any cons with this product

Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding our platform easy to use, and that our customer support has been so helpful :) Wishing you a wonderful summer season!

LS

Lesley S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great ticketing solution for tour company

I would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

I like working with smaller companies that have excellent customer service. I was tired of having to explain my business and needs over and over again to account reps, which is not Starboard’s business model. Starboard markets to boat tour companies, which is not what my tour company does, but it has everything I need. I’m grateful to have found a ticketing home here. Nice, thoughtful people and robust updates. And at a lower price that doesn’t worry me when passing along ticket costs along to customers.

Cons

Starboard is a hands off system in terms of setup, so doing this during low season is key.

Lesley, Thanks for writing a review! We're thrilled that Starboard is working out so well for you, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

JC

Jenny C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Starboard is a great system and easy to learn!

The main benefit would be people not overbooking the boats which is a great relief . Starboard Suites is very organized and it is easy to find customer information when needed.

Pros

Starboard is very user friendly. Its easy for people to learn even if they aren't great with technology. Navigation through the site along with changing trips and such is uncomplicated and in our busy environment you need that. Whenever we have needed help or to change something it gets done right away there's no hour plus wait on the phone. All in all I would definitely recommend it to any company.

Cons

Jenny, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be so user friendly. We think our job is to make software that makes your job easier. It's great to hear when we're getting it right :) Thanks again!

DM

DeDe M.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

We used another software system that was not compatible to what we needed & Starboard is great!

Keeping track of daily flights and reservations, being able to see immediately if we are going to have a good or bad week.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. The clarity and script is great and eliminates any overstraining of eyes. The different tabs are self explanatory and covers the Q & A needed to operate the system.

Cons

I really don't have a con maybe the fees but they really are not that bad. Sometimes when there is a refund issued the info has been cancelled but not really an issue.

Hi DeDe, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you're finding the system easy to use and navigate. FYI, if you need to access historical information about a reservation after it's been cancelled, it's all available under the "history" tab. Have a great summer!

MA

Maria A.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Great things can be done by simple ways

Pros

Starboard is a great tool to organize and facilitate costumer service. This platform is very intuitive and easy to use, everything we need we can find pretty fast. Thus, when we have costumers on the phone or in the store it doesn't take long to make a reservation, payment, changes, and anything we need to complete our bookings and check-in. In addition, Starboard made my first shifts at work way more comfortable as I learnt how to use the platform couple minutes after using it. Yet, there is also something new to learn, as it updates and improves when it needs! Starboard makes life easier for everyone, no matter age and work.

Cons

There is only one little thing that I had a not so positive experience. My first time using it, I was changing a reservation and then after the necessary changes I thought I was back on the platform, but I was still on the "change reservation mode". I almost messed it all up, when booking other costumers, as I was still in a costumer's reservation.

RS

Ryan S.

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Absolutely outstanding software

See above

Pros

Incredibly easy to learn and well designed. It can take weeks to get the hang of most reservation software but this one took mere hours. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say at all!

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the kind words! I'm very glad to hear you're finding it so easy to learn your way around Starboard Suite :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

DC

Daniel C.

Simplified booking

Starboard Suite reservation system has been a massive upgrade from our previous one. New employees can pick it up in next to no time and making any type of change to a reservation is simple and fast.

Pros

The colouration scheme makes finding, modifying and cancelling any reservation very easy. It's a huge improvement from the software we were using before.

Cons

I did not have any complaints in navigating the software however sometimes the program was a bit slow to load when it was first activated.

Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to be able to work with your team, and we wish you all the best. Have a wonderful winter season! Charles

MJ

Marcelo J.

Awesome Platform!

Very ease to use and it automates the whole booking system in one platform.

Pros

This platform is very customizable and easy to use, it's really all you need and their support and customer service is amazing! Always answering right away and doing their best to please and solve the clients problems, even creating new programming to solve my specific needs. I would recommend that to anyone, except for my competition, of course!!!

Cons

It is a little bit more expensive than i was willing to pay, specially considering we are a new business, but so far so good.

Marcelo, Thanks so much for writing a review! Really glad to hear that our platform and customer service have exceeded your expectations :) Wishing you a successful summer season, and hoping to work with you for many years to come.

ES

Emily S.

It will take some getting used to but it will be good when things are worked out.

Pros

This software looks nice and new so it is very aesthetically pleasing. It's a good program for finding out how people have heard about our company.

Cons

I find that this software makes it very difficult at making sure bookings have been cancelled and sometimes booked. The "remove from cart" button is very misleading and allows me to think I'm deleting a booking even when I'm not.

Emily, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you find our software aesthetically pleasing -- we work hard on that :) Sorry to hear that the "remove from cart" button feels confusing. It sounds like this functionality may be a bit different from what you were used to in your old system. Moving between software systems can always be a bit daunting. Most of our users really like the "remove from cart", so I suspect you'll adapt to it in short order, but please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you'd like more information about how to use it most effectively.

JC

Jason C.

Game Changer for our business

Starboard was professional and helped elevate our business with their advanced system versus others and by taking the time to educate us through out the process. Any questions were immediately answered which made the usage seemless from our current system to theirs. Would highly recommend to others!

Pros

Intuitive functionality and system capabilities

Cons

Certain functions required to be adjusted by them versus us

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're really glad to hear that Starboard Suite is having such a positive impact on your business! Looking forward to many more years of collaboration.

EM

Eve M.

I use this system at work for booking tours, decently easy to use.

Pros

User friendly, it's great that it sends emails to customers. Easy to modify and view tours. I like that it uses 12 hour time instead of 24 hour time.

Cons

I wish the tours could be color coded, i wish it was easier to book multiple tours in one transaction, i wish there was an option to view the available tours one day at a time, instead of a whole week at a time. Due to this, it's easy to accidentally book tours for the wrong week (the next week instead of the current week, or vice versa)

Hi Eve, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software user friendly and easy to use. FYI, we are going to be adding color-coding of event types later this season. I also wanted to let you know, that you can view a single day at a time using our Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu. It sounds like that would be helpful for your workflow. Wishing you a great summer!

CC

Cassie C.

Have been using them for over a year, I dont know how we survived before them.

Pros

User friendly, always updating new platfotms. If I have any questions they are always quick to respond.

Cons

Cassie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

CD

Cory D.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Amazing capabilities and support! Easy on the customers wallet too!

We've been very happy with the crew at Starboard Suite they've done creating not one but FOUR control panels for us on a tight schedule. Our rep has always been courteous and helpful while providing quick answers to questions and quick solutions to snags. They're open-ness to develop new ideas and expand with our images was incredible. As a small business themselves I believe they truely care about my small businesses. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed! Signed, Hard to please but was pleasantly surprised!

Pros

Support and quick solutions to issues. Great communication.

Cons

Still growing so some ideas or visions are out on the horizon still. Not necessarily a con but undetermined.

Hi Cory, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that everything has been working out so well. Looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

KT

Kathryn T.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

An improvement on our old system

The reps have been really proactive working with us to give us a system with features we demand. We have been coming at them with things we want/ need and they are on it creating a system that is practically custom built for us. Their response time to our questions and wants is super fast. On the whole this is a real improvement from our old system and they are constantly making it better.

Pros

Less paper as you can charge credit cards through the system.

Cons

Inability to see if people have opened mass emails (but they are working on it!)

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that our team has been so responsive to your needs, and that our platform feels like such a great improvement for your business. FYI, last week we rolled out the ability for you to see if customers have opened your event emails -- hope that helps! Wishing you a wonderful summer.

SM

Sarah M.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Sarah's Review

It is an incredibly easy software to use (previously using Rezdy) that saved a lot of time checking in customers.

Pros

It was very easy to learn and easy to remember how to use. I was an infrequent user but found it very self explanatory.

Cons

adding discounts and merchandise purchases were more difficult.

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're generally finding the system easy to use! FYI, we completely redesigned our retail merchandise interface a couple of weeks ago -- I hope you find that it does what you need. Feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles