Avaza Reviews

Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

4.6/5 (315 reviews)

Pros
  • The easy to use interface, which translates to mobile super easily. Really happy with a couple of features I cannot find elsewhere, which helps our companies efficiency and flow.Gigi L.Read the full review
  • With Avaza I have better control over the timeline and status of my projects. I love the invoicing and ability to send out the invoices and communications directly from the app.Jacob B.Read the full review
  • One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service. I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.David G.Read the full review
Cons
  • Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email).Katie C.Read the full review
  • It's a little confusing having to add-on users for different license grades. One price per user/month or one block price for a subscription including a block of users for all grades would be simpler.Dave S.Read the full review
  • The software is inflexible in naming sections to something else and tasks to something else. That is a little thing but that is annoying.Taylor M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Santiago Altriaga

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

Reviewed 2019-04-13

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros
One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons
It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Giles Stobart

Best project management system out there 5*

Reviewed 2019-12-18

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros
It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons
I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

Justinas Jurkonis

Avaza works great for law firms

Reviewed 2020-02-18

We have moved to Avaza from the model were we used much more expensive PM software and our own billing software. Super happy about having everyting in one place

Pros
We were struggling to find a PM software that would have decent billing capabilites. In Avaza billing functionality is on par with dedicated billing services, furthermore it is fully adoptable to any language (i.e. we issue avaza invoices in lithuanian language)

Cons
Time input could be easier, on the other hand, as vast majority of our projects are billed by fixed fee arrangements, the reason maybe be that we just didn't use it that much.

Juliana Weiss-Roessler

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Reviewed 2019-12-11

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros
The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons
Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

Sarah Patterson

Functional but not a perfect fit

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
I liked the clean structure of Avaza, and the budget features. It's a good option for a business who doesn't rely heavily on project management to drive their productivity. Their customer service was very helpful though when I was letting them know we were going in another direction and they genuinely seemed to want to know what was driving our decision.

Cons
We run a marketing/PR based business, and we were looking for a one-stop-shop project management and back office system. While we knew that was a long shot, we tried Avaza for several months and even gave them a second go when our current system wasn't doing everything we needed as well. I would have liked to see Avaza have different dashboard customization views so we could tailor the system to be more project centered instead of a financial view upon logging in. Since we use a different billing and accounting software, this data on our dashboard would remain blank and the dashboard wouldn't even be utilized. Also by the time we added all of our employees and contractors to have timesheet accessibility, we would have been paying a lot more in extra monthly fees than we were looking to spend. It just started really adding up for us when other software companies offer these options within their pricing tiers.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Rachel Brook

All the basic project management needs for a reasonable price

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Very easy to use. When in doubt or have questions the support team is very helpful and responds quickly. The live demonstration was very useful and helped answer a lot of my questions.

Pros
I liked that I could have up to 10 users included in the $39.95USD per month fee and that additional users were only $5USD per user per month. You get all the features for a set monthly price and it is extremely affordable and easy to use.

Cons
The only thing that Avaza did not meet in my expectations was the ability to integrate timesheets with QuickBooks. Otherwise, Avaza ticked a lot of boxes that other companies did not.

Maria Jose

All-in-one solution

Reviewed 2020-03-18

Pros
Avaza has everything that I could possibly need for my small online business: timesheets/time tracking, team scheduling, project management and invoicing. I am still discovering new feats and getting used to it. I love it so far. Beautiful, clean interface and it's easy to get the hang out of it.

Cons
So far I have not encountered any Cons, but I haven't used it long enough. Will keep exploring all of its capabilities.

Shanta Johnson

Favorite project management software!

Reviewed 2019-12-14

Overall, Avaza is the best project management software I've used and at a fair/reasonable price.

Pros
For the web design side of my business, this software is absolutely amazing! It's easy to use and literally I am able to manage projects from start to finish within the app, including invoicing my clients. I also like the fact that I am able to track my time. The notifications are also on point.

Cons
Honestly, I only wish they had a contracts feature within the software so I can truly keep everything for my clients in one place. But it's not really a deal breaker - because it has everything else I need.

Maria Clara Asch

Good task manager for teams

Reviewed 2020-01-03

Avaza is an overall good project software depending on the kind of projects you are dealing with.

Pros
Avaza is a great software for coordinating different activities with a team, you can provide deadlines and specific information for each task

Cons
If you are the project manager and share the software with other project managers there is no filter to see only your projects (only your tasks), also you can't stack deadlines that are dependable on other tasks to be finished. Also, the projects lack a "description" feature for all to see Those are some of the features I find missing on the version I have.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anastasia Platonova

Helps you run and manage projects

Reviewed 2020-01-22

Good and suitable for small business but it would be even better if the price was reduced!

Pros
Cloud-based, compatible with any device, helps with project budgeting. Good tracking tools: time, expenses, project tasks. You can set reminds and will recieve them automaticly, helps not to miss project key points.

Cons
Integration with other software could be improved. Would be great to have price difference depending on the business size.

Grace L

Great project and resource management tool

Reviewed 2019-11-14

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros
I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons
The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Miguel Gonzalez

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros
Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Cons
Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

Cameron Needham

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

Reviewed 2019-06-23

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go! The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features. I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros
Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons
Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Lauren Garforth

Streamlining studio processes

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros
As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons
This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down. As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

Jitendra Surve

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Pros
We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Cons
No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Gemma Thirsk

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

Reviewed 2019-03-09

The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros
Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons
I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Anonymous

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros
1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable. 2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget. 3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites. 4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help. 5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons
I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Andrew Schombs

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Reviewed 2019-08-26

Pros
Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons
At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Jonathan Boisvert

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-11-04

Project management and client management

Pros
I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons
The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Josh Weiss-Roessler

Keeps you in the know every step of the way

Reviewed 2020-03-02

We use Avaza to coordinate with multiple freelancers around the country and world, and to keep track of both projects and invoices that we send to clients. Previously we were using two programs to do what Avaza is doing, so this has been far preferable.

Pros
There are lots of ways that Avaza has helped our small business (I know for a fact that it has made a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to invoice, for instance!). For my own personal use, though, what I probably like best is the notifications sent straight to my email - including the fact that I can directly access finished projects/documents from those emails. It may seem like a small thing, but this is a huge time-saver when I'm receiving multiple projects on a daily basis. It also serves to keep me on track and aware of where things are in the pipeline.

Cons
"Offset days" for recurring projects is a bit confusing, and I wish that there was a way to remove collaborators we are no longer working with.

Debra Haller

Tried over a dozen resource management tools and chose Avaza

Reviewed 2020-01-02

The more I use Avaza, the more I like it and the more I can see us using additional features. It's been positive and we're glad to have chosen Avaza over the many other options out there.

Pros
We are a 10 person creative agency and were looking software to help us manage our schedules and resources. We wanted a clear, intuitive interface that would allow in-app communication and file sharing, color-coding to distinguish clients, a calendar view by team member or project view, a tracking of hours against total project budgets. The customer support is fast and friendly.

Cons
Setting up projects and tasks takes a bit of time, but there are robust reporting options that are worth the input time. I also wish that when, on the team calendar view, you dragged a task from (for example) four days to three days that the total hours would stay the same but be spread over a new date range rather than the driver being the number of days with hours/day locked.

Jasmine James

Awesome Gem!

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros
I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons
I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

Hanno Schmidt

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-25

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros
It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons
It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

Anonymous

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!

Reviewed 2017-12-20

I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros
I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza. I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for! After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Brendon Brown

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

Reviewed 2016-08-29

I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.

Pros
Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Cons
I used to have a small list of cons, but I sent them as ideas to the Avaza team and they actually built what I needed. Awesome.