All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

visit website

Avaza Reviews

Pros

I loved the clear usage of the tool, seems and is very easy to use. All information is available at some clicks, also gives a overview for historic data which is great for management purposes.

Grace M.

Read the full review
The easy to use interface, which translates to mobile super easily. Really happy with a couple of features I cannot find elsewhere, which helps our companies efficiency and flow.

Gigi L.

Read the full review
With Avaza I have better control over the timeline and status of my projects. I love the invoicing and ability to send out the invoices and communications directly from the app.

Jacob B.

Read the full review

Cons

It's a little confusing having to add-on users for different license grades. One price per user/month or one block price for a subscription including a block of users for all grades would be simpler.

Dave S.

Read the full review
I slightly dislike the fact that Avaza lacks offline access capabilities to synchronize data while offline.

Brittany N.

Read the full review
The software is inflexible in naming sections to something else and tasks to something else. That is a little thing but that is annoying.

Taylor M.

Read the full review

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros

The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons

Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

An excellent, intuitive, and easy-to-use project & task management system

Right from the outset, the sales process and demonstration walkthrough made the decision to migrate to Avaza easy. Avaza's importing process enabled us to export tasks from our old system and import into Avaza. Avaza's support is very responsive - and they've even made changes based on suggestions from me.

Pros

I have used a raft of alternative task & project management SaaS (software as a service) solutions. Additionally, I have trialled around 15-20 different task & project management SaaS solutions. With out a doubt, Avaza is the best solution I have ever used; it is intuitive, easy-to-use, very responsive in speed, has a great smartPhone app to compliment the web-based system, it integrates with Xero (for accounts), and has a raft of sophisticated features and views (Kanban-styled boards, Gantt Charts, task lists, priority views, status views, etc, etc etc!). The features we don't as yet use include Estimate and Invoicing creation, but we may well move to using these too.

Cons

A great SaaS solution and I think if I was to want to additional features added, then one would be chat integration (currently comments are available, but no chat). And the 2nd would be an enhanced file management facility, whereby you could upload to a File Repository/Folder, tag the image, assign it to a project, rename the virtual file name, and move it to another folder for housekeeping.

Hi Simon, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions. You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

New to Avaza and likely to stay

I’m quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial. I remember thinking Avaza really wasn’t all that different in layout, which is a good thing, but it’s some of the extra features here and there that I need to learn more about as I continue to get comfortable with the site.

Pros

Mostly being able to work with other people who aren’t with me physically. There’s a lot of details that can be involved and I’m still able to have others stay on the same page as me. Side note, so in love with the fact you guys have an app.

Cons

I’m not sure if this is an option but a task prioritization feature is always helpful to me. There’s always something that needs to get done, but deciding what to get done first and being able to identify it quickly is important to me.

Functional but not a perfect fit

Pros

I liked the clean structure of Avaza, and the budget features. It's a good option for a business who doesn't rely heavily on project management to drive their productivity. Their customer service was very helpful though when I was letting them know we were going in another direction and they genuinely seemed to want to know what was driving our decision.

Cons

We run a marketing/PR based business, and we were looking for a one-stop-shop project management and back office system. While we knew that was a long shot, we tried Avaza for several months and even gave them a second go when our current system wasn't doing everything we needed as well. I would have liked to see Avaza have different dashboard customization views so we could tailor the system to be...

Hi Sarah, thanks for your feedback. Avaza rolled out a fully customizable account dashboard some time back. User can add and remove dashboard widgets as they wish. We plan to add to the widget library over time. As for pricing, we believe Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market.

Awesome Value Robust Features

Overall it is a GREAT value for the money, they are spot on with value/$. While I miss some of the enterprise level features that SmartSheets and their competitors offer, I find the variety and quick to implement features of AVAZA to be outstanding!

Pros

The price point on this software is PERFECT for small startups, the support is included without heavy add on cost and the support is VERY GOOD, quick and EASY to understand!. Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant. Working in the tool is mostly straightforward and easy to figure out without watching a ton of self help videos.

Cons

The reporting tool could use a minor update to the user interface so things are a little easier to use, The collaboration features could also use an update to have some sort of chat like function making collaboration easier. Zapier connection is nice but seems to be picky, one of my zaps to create Avaza tasks works for everyone on the team except one person. Kind of weird but not critical.

Hi Nathan, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions. You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

All the basic project management needs for a reasonable price

Very easy to use. When in doubt or have questions the support team is very helpful and responds quickly. The live demonstration was very useful and helped answer a lot of my questions.

Pros

I liked that I could have up to 10 users included in the $39.95USD per month fee and that additional users were only $5USD per user per month. You get all the features for a set monthly price and it is extremely affordable and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that Avaza did not meet in my expectations was the ability to integrate timesheets with QuickBooks. Otherwise, Avaza ticked a lot of boxes that other companies did not.

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros

It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons

It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

The perfect solution for managing freelance projects

Pros

I would say that one of the best features Avaza offers is the project management feature. It was really easy to use and had allowed me to visualize the progress that was being made in each project.

Cons

Avaza is such a great software and it included way more than what I was expecting. But I think it would be better if the developers provided more frequent updates for the mobile app.

Project management done right

So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros

Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons

Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

Major Fan

So far no software could beat this.

Pros

Everything - Gantt charts, Seamless invoicing & Full project and task management. Also great team management capabilities.

Cons

Wish there was a chrome extension along to easily clock time without visiting the tab.

Great project and resource management tool

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros

I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons

The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros

Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients...

Cons

Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros

One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives...

Cons

It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go! The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features. I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Streamlining studio processes

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros

As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons

This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down. As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

Avaza Review

We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros

Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible.

Cons

When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review. As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments. Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Best project management system out there 5*

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros

It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons

I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

Great project management tool

An intuitive project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in a single interface. My experience so far has been very positive.

Pros

Avaza makes it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks with clients and teammates. Especially, I appreciate the fact that notifications and messages are sent directly to my email. I like how easy it is to use. Our clients learn it quickly and enjoy working with it, so we can complete projects faster. The free plan is great as you can test out the service before buying and the pricing is also very reasonable.

Cons

It is possible to issue invoices in one currency per client. I would like to send invoices to the same client in different currencies.

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros

Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons

I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Thanks, Gemma for your review and shoutout to the support team. We are continually improving the onboarding experience with an improved Get Start page, better onboarding emails and more.

Avaza works great for law firms

We have moved to Avaza from the model were we used much more expensive PM software and our own billing software. Super happy about having everyting in one place

Pros

We were struggling to find a PM software that would have decent billing capabilites. In Avaza billing functionality is on par with dedicated billing services, furthermore it is fully adoptable to any language (i.e. we issue avaza invoices in lithuanian language)

Cons

Time input could be easier, on the other hand, as vast majority of our projects are billed by fixed fee arrangements, the reason maybe be that we just didn't use it that much.

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Pros

We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Cons

No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros

1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable. 2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget. 3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites. 4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help. 5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons

I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Pros

Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons

At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Project management and client management

Pros

I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Keeps you in the know every step of the way

We use Avaza to coordinate with multiple freelancers around the country and world, and to keep track of both projects and invoices that we send to clients. Previously we were using two programs to do what Avaza is doing, so this has been far preferable.

Pros

There are lots of ways that Avaza has helped our small business (I know for a fact that it has made a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to invoice, for instance!). For my own personal use, though, what I probably like best is the notifications sent straight to my email - including the fact that I can directly access finished projects/documents from those emails. It may seem like a small thing, but this is a huge time-saver when I'm receiving multiple projects on a daily basis. It also serves to keep me on track and aware of where things are in the pipeline.

Cons

"Offset days" for recurring projects is a bit confusing, and I wish that there was a way to remove collaborators we are no longer working with.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.