Avaza Logo
Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

visit website

Avaza Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

M quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial.

MO

Marylou O.

I loved the clear usage of the tool, seems and is very easy to use. All information is available at some clicks, also gives a overview for historic data which is great for management purposes.

GM

Grace M.

Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant.

NB

Nathan B.

My pay periods do not align with normal weeks, at first this was a little confusing.

The only complaint of mine is importing the data can be cumbersome.

If there was one it’d be that the app lags sometimes.

BS

Google Sheets

Smartsheet-logocaret

Smartsheet

Compare both
How would you rate Avaza?

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Transcript

Mike: Hey, I'm Mike. I'm CEO of a consulting company, and I would rank Avaza a five. For more reviews...

Saves us so much time

It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Pros

Fast and convenient billing Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything Convenient time entry Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings Does automatic billing Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Cons

Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS. Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!

Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Pros

I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Cons

Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

Avaza review

I was in a team of three people for one project. We tried to find product that fits our needs. Avaza is quite good product, but we decided to use Asana, just because it has better free plan for such a team. In Avaza we needed to pay $9.95, while in Asana we had what we needed for free. If I were alone in that project, I would use Avaza.

Pros

We liked many things about Avaza. First of all it is cost effective. How much You spend depends on team size and members responsibility (it can become a hassle if Your team changes frequently). This product is good for freelancers (like myself), small and medium businesses. What I and my team members liked very much, is intuitive and simple interface. Also, it has many reports and good support.

Cons

Of course, there are some things that we didn't like. For team of three members, we found, that Asana had better pricing options than Avaza. Also, we needed Kanban board (Avaza don't have it). There is no automated forecast of project finish date, budget etc. You must use reports to evaluate how much time is spent and budget used.

Hi Mantas, thanks for your feedback. Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market. At the time of writing this response, Avaza supports unlimited Project Collaborators which provides access to the same features as Asana. We do charge for Timesheet & Schedule features both of which are not available in Asana for free. We also have support for KanBan and Gantt views with multiple grouping options, so you are certainly covered on that front. Please feel free to reach out to our friendly 24/7 support team if you require assistance with your account.

Fantastic product, even better support

Pros

The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Cons

Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

Love Avaza

I am able to bill hours and pay others so much easier!

Pros

I like how user friendly it is once setup and how it allows for tracking by multiple people on multiple projects. Similar platforms would have cost me much more.

Cons

It was a bit daunting to get everything setup and customized the way I needed it.

Hi Stacy, thanks for your review. We would love to learn more about the daunting bits during the initial setup. Our friendly support team is available 24/7 to assist you with the configuration of your account or any questions you may have along the way totally free. Please free to reach out to us via instant chat from inside the app or email us on support@avaza.com.

Avaza

I would say It's a nice software. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Pros

Easy to use, integration with other softwares (Expensify, QuickBooks), simplicity. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Cons

It's missing few features that could be interesting: Team Schedule could be visible not only for admin, on TimeSheet (for <Pending Approval> and <Approved> its not visible start/end time)... and few others

Great looking app, simple and intuitive

After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!

Pros

Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Cons

- Would have liked to assign multiple people to one task. - The task status only offers "not started", "in Progress", "completed", but would love to have a completion bar (i.e. 60% status completion) - Customizable reports? Would be nice.

Hi Takashi, Happy to inform you that you can now enter a percentage complete on tasks, and it is visible in all Task views. :)

All-in-one solution

Pros

Avaza has everything that I could possibly need for my small online business: timesheets/time tracking, team scheduling, project management and invoicing. I am still discovering new feats and getting used to it. I love it so far. Beautiful, clean interface and it's easy to get the hang out of it.

Cons

So far I have not encountered any Cons, but I haven't used it long enough. Will keep exploring all of its capabilities.

Excellent and affordable project management tool

This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros

Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons

There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

Great tool for Startups

Pros

The platform is easy to setup and use and is ideal to kick off your project tracking journey. It allows sufficient amount of configuration options to get started.

Cons

The tool needs more features to compete with enterprise level solutions but they are getting there.

Hi Ch, we appreciate you taking the time and leaving us a review. Please feel free to reach out to our friendly customer support team via chat or email and let us know the features you will like us to work on. Our product roadmap is prioritised based on our customer needs. We would love to hear your suggestions.

As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive

Pros

Quick to set up. True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually. Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons

Still some work to do, but we'll keep station: Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM). Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However,...

AVAZA highly recommended!!!

I am the General Manager of a developing business in Lima, Peru and we have now been using the AVAZA time and expenses recording system for the last 9 months. Both myself and my team have found that this system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. From a managerial perspective, this system has improved the efficiency of our time and expenses recording, as well as the generation of key reports and monthly invoices issued to clients. The system and the reports available have the opportunity to be developed further and the AVAZA team have been excellent in taking on board our feedback and personalising the system in accordance with our needs. Overall, I would highly recommend this system and support team to any small to medium sized business!

Pros

Ease of use, the availability of management reports and the efficiency of invoice generating & tracking.

Cons

Some reports can be improved or developed, but the AVAZA are supportive of assisting with the same!

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your review and feedback! Just wanted to let you know that you can now pay for your Avaza account using a Paypal account :) Have a great day! Nida

Avaza is great for time management in work enviroments!

Amazing, I thought I would need days and hours with the technical support team the first day that I used it but it's very easy and friendly, I don't use any part that includes Billing or money but I think it's overall easy t use and you can benefit greatly from it!

Pros

Timesheets and task assignments are the ones I use the most and the ones that are the core of organizing your team, I think they are very well done.

Cons

We cannot multitask, which is not an option, it would be amazing to have a feature that allows you to say in the timesheet that you are doing multiple tasks at the same time. And it'd be great if we could assign tasks to more than one person within a project!

Hi Ariana, thanks for taking the time and leaving us a detailed review. A single timesheet can only be linked to a single task however there is no restriction to add multiple timesheets for the same time. Assigning multiple users to the same tasks is on our product roadmap and we will make sure your vote is added to the relevant feature. Once again thanks for your support and please feel free to reach out to our friendly 24/7 Customer Success team if you have any other suggestions or require assistance.

Its pretty decent

It was nice I had a great experience using the software

Pros

I like the features and security if the product. Hope to use it more

Cons

The price I would say is a little high apart drom that everything looks good

Hi Astha, good to see you like the product. Our pricing is one of the most competitive in the market for the features on offer but thanks for your feedback. I will pass this on to our pricing team.

Great first impression, tons of features and functionality in reasonable price.

Great project tracking with tasks well organized, time tracking against tasks and very nice reporting as well as exporting data and importing.

Pros

I like that I can create project structure with sections, tasks and sub-tasks. All tasks can be tracked against time and completion and shown in nice gantt chart. Add estimates for each task Rich and custom reporting Assign users to tasks and add followers Capability for clients to have access and see progress of their projects Uploading files adding comments

Cons

It seams to take few extra clicks to start timer against task, like select project task and so on. I wish there was better integration with google drive. That dashboard is not be customized to user needs.

Hi Lukasz, Thank you for your review! I noticed you mentioned that it takes a few clicks to start tracking time. You can use our timer (shown at the top of every screen) to start tracking time with one click. We also support attaching files from Google Drive to your Tasks, Task Comments, Estimates and Invoices. Thank you again for your review, and for any clarifications, please contact support@avaza.com :) Nida

The Perfect Project Management Platform for Small Businesses

Migrated to Avaza from another larger PSA cloud platform, and amazed at the ease of use - the workflow and intuitiveness is on a whole different level and there's really no handholding needed to figure out your way around Avaza. It's really designed for small teams that need a project management tool to loop the whole team together but not be bloated with so many other unnecessary 'extras' that...

Pros

Very easy to use and responsive support team. Quick way to record time and match against items.

Cons

Mobile app is not native. Task swim lane view breaks the screen going sideways.

Great software for basic job/project management

Great, cheap tool for basic job and project management.

Pros

First, Avaza has great customer support. I never waited longer than a couple minutes for a response. The price is incredibly affordable, and the features are great if you're using Avaza as your main job/project management tool.

Cons

Avaza, while customizable within itself, doesn't always work well with other systems/software which is only a problem because it's not in-depth enough to eliminate all other software. I wouldn't really call the software customizable as much as you just have a lot of options you can choose from. If you run a lot of different software that needs to tie together, Avaza may not be the way to go.

Great Sftware - a bit more oflline support would be super

Pros

I like the sociability features in it - you can assign tasks, but also start communication with the team, assign follower to tasks and so n. also, i realy loved the unity in pages. one you learned how things are and where to search for the button you need- it will be the same in the next module or item in the menu third- love the report section - easy to navigate, easy to select the one report you need - again - all filters are the same position in every report - easy to find your way around last - great customer report within the software- within 5 minutes you can chat with someone for help or support. no need to wrap your head around google. great.

Cons

some features are still missing- in exporting and working on projects offline. Avaza support export and import of projects and tasks, but with limitation - you can't edit existing tasks via csv, so if you looking for bulk editing- no way.

Feature Rich, Great Value, Full Customization!

Pros

We spent some time reviewing our options for a solution to help us manage multiple client projects. Did our due diligence and made sure all (almost all) our requirements were checked off. Avaza is a solid solution, with a vast array of features that we can now leverage to deliver our projects more effectively. We can assign external resources (including our clients) to project tasks, track schedule,...

Cons

With such a comprehensive solution, the initial setup took some time. Probably a bit more than we were expecting, but it was time well spent.

All in one project management (Avaza)

Avaza was a big leap for our company. We went from dealing with excel to overpaying for Harvest. We were able to leverage the same features (improved too!) for less. Avaza truly is an all-in-one scalable solution.

Pros

We're really fond of Avaza'z ability to play multiple roles at once. Not only does if function as a standalone billing department, but it also allows a team of consultants to manage their billable time and expenses.

Cons

Avaza does most things great, though they fall a little short when it comes to historical data. Historical data should be treated as a documented yet ever changing log. Instead, it's frozen in time and unmanagable. I believe Avaza could come up with a better solution for this.

Project management done right

So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros

Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons

Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

easy to use

good for office manager to get the over look of the project and control the timing with stuff are much easier.

Pros

very easy to use and have most of the function we need for design company. we just start using this one as free software for try out, but we believe will upgrade the account for more function.

Cons

customer support can be bit better. scheduled a meeting on line and no show from Avaza. we have to rescheduled again... see how it is going this time.

Hi Tong, Clarification regarding your demo that was scheduled on September 19, 2017. :) The team member scheduled to take that call waited online for 15 minutes before logging off. If you signed on after that time, it would have seemed like no one was online. The reason we cap the waiting time at 15 minutes is because it is halfway through the scheduled 30 minute call time. An email is sent to each user that doesn't show up for the call, and was sent to you the following morning, asking you to reschedule. I can assure you that our customer service takes client appointments very seriously. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Regards, Nida

Time keeping and invoicing made eazy

Very happy and simple to use. Support fantastic!

Pros

Simplicity and ability to edit entries during invoicing.

Cons

Need more filters in invoice reports to be able to filter month . An option to set up company divisions and filter invoices per division would also help a lot.

Hi Barend, great to see that you found the product simple and easy to use. I will pass on your feedback regarding additional filters to the product team however feel free to reach out to our friendly customer success team via chat on our website with any suggestions you may have.

My Review so far...

OVerall, Avaza is nice to use, since it's gives us an overall look and feel of how things should flow

Pros

I like that it's feature rich and I am able to create some projects with Billable stuff, and see how it moves forward to Project Accounting

Cons

Reporting can do a lot of work. The interface is quite slow and limiting. I would want to get an update on faster reporting and creating custom reports

Favorite project management software!

Overall, Avaza is the best project management software I've used and at a fair/reasonable price.

Pros

For the web design side of my business, this software is absolutely amazing! It's easy to use and literally I am able to manage projects from start to finish within the app, including invoicing my clients. I also like the fact that I am able to track my time. The notifications are also on point.

Cons

Honestly, I only wish they had a contracts feature within the software so I can truly keep everything for my clients in one place. But it's not really a deal breaker - because it has everything else I need.