Celoxis Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.22/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

From the beginning with the sales person, the demo provided, deployement of the product and now the full time use of it I am very happy with. The great online support is the absolute best.

HL

Henni L.

Love the navigation and the ability to manage and track our team and client relationships.

MM

Michael M.

The online help chat is extremely useful and I find everyone very helpful.

MR

Michelle R.

So it is difficult to read more than a few lines at a time while entering the defect.

RL

Rohit L.

The very complex logic behind it can make it difficult to understand alerts or user errors.

bs

beto s.

When planning, time/effort assigned to a resources has decimals and also it is not obvious to choose between manual and automatic scheduling mode. Translation from english to spanish is quite poor.

SP

monday.com

WorkflowMax-logocaret

WorkflowMax

Compare both
How would you rate Celoxis?

Easy to understand - does what it should!

Transcript

Colin J.: Hi, my name is Colin. I'm the vice president of marketing and communications. And today I'm...

A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants

Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pros

1. Web-based Interface 2. Mobile Access 3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines 4. Alerts and Notifications 5. Time Tracking 6. Ease of Use

Cons

The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Use Celoxis to make life easy for you & your teams

Overall Celoxis is an average-priced, great features, and simple to configure tool. The usage of the tool depends on our own requirements. We have set up the tool very differently for different departments. The journey has been really awesome! Hope we get more features requested and make this tool much more powerful!

Pros

I have been part of the team that tested, implemented, and using the tool as a User and also Administrator. 1) The standalone app helps us to do customization without depending on Salesforce Admins. I can create my own 'Custom Fields' and report on it. Even the 'Custom Fields' can be customized to show for only specific types of projects which is awesome. 2) The concept of 'Workspaces' which separates...

Cons

1) Task scheduling is medium. Though they have provided different ways to achieve our requirements, it is a tedious job. I would want a tool like 'Celoxis' to think about 'Day-wise scheduling' which is already part of other PSA tools. 2) The Reporting is medium. Though we can achieve the results with multiple reports, I would want a tool like 'Celoxis' to think more about reporting capabilities (Something like a Salesforce kind of reporting structure would help everyone). 3) There are few limitations which they have already documented here: https://www.celoxis.com/kb/13.5/reports/concepts/limits I would want them to think out of the box and help more customers, while the customers grow, these kinds of limitations will be barriers to proceed with the tool in the long-run future.

An Excellent path for Project Management

As a whole, Celoxis project management tool made my day to day task much much easier. I would recommend it to every company and organazation who have multiple projects. It will make it easier to have a 360 view in detail tasks and statuses.

Pros

Since subscribing to Celoxis. I have been more engaging and well tracking my projects with a clear understanding and visualization. The best feature about Celoxis is that reporting feature. It will allow you to create your own reporting type or you can choose from well developed report templates, either way you will have a clear visual on your project status with every available details.

Cons

The problem I have faced is that there is one in particular with customizing my report template that I could not add a column that I needed especially when it integrated with time.

Try something else first

Fighting with it to do regular project activities.

Pros

Gantt view is useful, calculations generally work

Cons

Difficult to use, most commonly used features are hard to find, effectively an opinionated spreadsheet.

Comprehensive tool for enterprise management

Excellent software, there seems to be a way to do whatever I need it to do. I need more time to export features and customize how the budgeting works. Haven't moved out of my budgeting tool that I built because I am not able to provide finance what they need out of Celoxis yet.

Pros

I needed a tool that had the power of Microsoft Project with the ability to track budgets and capitalize labour costs. I was a software developer in a former life and wanted one tool to do it all. I hate islands of information. After trying to setup what I needed in the tools we had available... Project for the Web, Project Online, Project Power App, Asana, Jira. I came across Celoxis. I was immediately drawn to it because I could see it was designed to run the job of project management. Most other platforms are designed to have you run the rest of your project in excel. I didn't want that. Celoxis does it all and I can still publish MS Project files or excel spreadsheets if I need to publish data somewhere.

Cons

Our organization has already licenses for other Project managment tools. I could not get buy in for another project app. I would like a way for people to submit time and updates without having to use the email feature or buy a license. If I could request and update or time input and they click a link that takes them to an update page. I can't get buy in for 100 or so licenses so people can update a task.

Celoxis get's the job done and has a very responsive support team!

Celoxis get's the job done and has a very responsive support team!

Pros

Tracking budgets, time, and delivery progress. Tracking who has what and when it is due.

Cons

My only request for improving the tool at this time is for Celoxis to implement a currency conversion calculation in the tool so that our business can report on USD across all regions, the rest we can live with, or I will submit a support case for consideration.

Flexible PM / PPM with great reporting and projection

Pros

Project and portfolio orientation Flexible and powerful reporting offering many ways of customizing product, including dashboards Simple yet useful script-based formulas usable in custom fields and thus in reporting Privileges management and data easy segmentation Very well structured and useful API Global search Very reactive and efficient support team

Cons

Custom fields configurability in GUI is very limitated Navigation could be improved in some cases by adding more bridges between modules

Excellent product

Very good

Pros

Project and programme management functionality

Cons

Zapier integration.. additional fees is required for the third part integrator

Celoxis Review

There is a lot of potential and great things here. I think a better presentation and more tooltips could help ALOT.

Pros

There is a lot on offer for the management software.

Cons

It seems really confusing with all the different elements. I would appreciate a different view of the tasks as the tab near the top took me a while to realize that I could scroll to the side and see other tabs. It also seems that the only way to get answers would be to contact customer service, they have been great but that takes up unnecessary time. Making changes to a task would mean that the task would load for a few seconds afterward. If you have multiple tasks to change, this tasks a lot of time. :)

Celoxis

Pros

We can manage some process with all resources

Cons

Improve optimization of database sql server.

Best Portfolio Project Management Tool in today's market

Pros

It's difficult to find a single PPM tool that has end-to-end functionality for program/portfolio management, day-to-day project management, resource workforce management, budget vs actuals reporting, and dashboard reporting. I've researched for the past 3-4 years and whilst there are companies out there that have been around for decades or may have more API integrations, Celoxis is by far the most...

Cons

There's always room for improvement in every software/company. I would like to see the support for Celoxis increase from 24x5 to 24x7. If they can bring some of their support onshore with a phone capability as well, that would be fantastic. Some minor enhancements on their dashboard reporting capabilities would also be helpful.

This software could change your company

We can fully recommend this software for project management, but be aware that this is only a tool. Company has to change it's mindset to project organization in order to implement it successfully.

Pros

As centralized server solution, this software enables us to plan, manage and control whole portfolio and every project individually. As comprehensive solution this software is used by our employees, management, associates and clients. Everybody can see state of their projects/tasks with one click on their mobile phones or computers.

Cons

Software could be better with improvements in cashflow department of the project. Also as project is set of activities performed by all Project participants, it could be helpful to implement Client tasks and other stakeholders tasks.

Great Tool for P{project Collaboration

My Celoxis implementation is self hosted. That was a bit of a learning curve for me personally but the Tech support staff was pretty helpful in pointing me to the right solutions. Now that the system is up and running it is very stable. My principle issues were not with the core Celoxis application as much as the host system configuration such as installing SSL and positioning the system properly behind my firewall. It took cooperation among a number of vendors but I now have a robust application on a rock steady platform (Windows Server 2019) protected by a top-tier security system (SOPHOS). It was with the effort!

Pros

Celoxis allows integration of planned work hours and resources with time card inputs to allow an integrated management solution that permits tracking of Planed vs. Actual labor hours and costs. Definitely a much tighter integration than I found in MS Project. However - and this is important to my clients - the ability to bidirectionally share data with Project is a significant plus as many of my clients rely on Project. Finally, I use Celoxis for multiple clients and the workspaces functionality allows me the ability to securely partition clients into their own environment thus permitting multiple clients to share the basic installation.

Cons

There is a learning curve to climb - especially in the reporting function and I am still learning how to use the many features of the product. I would like to see more You Tube videos on how to perform advanced functions - especially with cost and resource reporting for users.

A great full-featured project management tool

Pros

Celoxis checks all the boxes for engineering project management for me. Prior to Celoxis, we used Microsoft Project: Celoxis incorporates the advanced features of Project in cloud-based tool that provides team collaboration and scheduling that we could not get with Project or most other cloud-based scheduling tools.

Cons

With great options can come a great (big) learning curve: there are so many features in Celoxis, setting up individuals, teams, groups, and roles is critical for a successful launch, and this can be a bit daunting at first glance. However, the Celoxis team did a great job pre-sales of walking us through the tool and it's features, as well as scheduling training for our team post-sales to get up and running in the tool.

Powerful, flexible platform with UX problems

Generally, and for a company of our size Celoxis was the best choice due to the varied work models we service. The ability to both work in hourly and fixed price models is a unique requirement and other platforms struggle to make it work.

Pros

The standout feature is the flexibility of Celoxis which allows for a great deal of optional customisation. For example, custom formula fields let us do basic and complex math that can be displayed in reports and on projects. When comparing it to other solutions it does sport a few unique features not found in competitor products. Chiefly among them would be the semi intelligent schedule and budget prediction feature which gives a quick way to assess project status.

Cons

The biggest issue is the UX/UI which has a bit of a learning curve and needs a strict process to utilize all areas effectively. The system seems to have some legacy features that make functionality redundant. An example would be 4 different ways to enter time into time-sheets in the UI, or 2 separate comment features that are nested into each other for no reason. Some very simple and common features, like checklists in tasks, seem to also be absent. While not difficult to work with, the usage-paths for all the functions have not been thoroughly tested it seems.

Easy Project Management

Pros

- ease of use - feature rich for project management - external users and client login option for client view - integrations with salesforce and rest api for other apps if required - integrated time entry and approval - single-sign-on capability with various IDP's

Cons

- mobility options are limited - client cannot be assigned tasks in the Project

Great software for project oriented firms that invoice for services

Very positive. We are just rolling it out now to all our staff, and we're really looking forward to gaining the real benefits.

Pros

Celoxis is a powerful project management software that is replacing MS Project in our organization, allowing us to get a portfolio view of many projects managed by multiple PMs. But best of all, our resources can enter their timesheets within Celoxis. This allows us to eliminate one piece of software and run analytics to learn about our performance and drive improvements.

Cons

It was tricky to setup. We needed the help of Celoxis to get the roles and access permissions setup correctly. The help guide was not comprehensive enough in this area to do it yourself.

Good Project management software

Very good at project planning timelines and financial planning of income and expenditure

Pros

Gantt charts and financials work well, we don't really use the resource and workload functions but they are good. Significant upgrade over Wrike for cost tracking and forecasting

Cons

Uploads in CSV are ok but added functionality here would be good

Easy to use product hits all the top needs

Overall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.

Pros

I like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.

Cons

The new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.

Flexible software for project management and team efforts management

The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros

Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons

We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings

Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It...

Pros

Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Cons

Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!

In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing...

Pros

In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Cons

Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

Latest release made Celoxis even more valuable

After almost 2 years using it, it has only become better. I am the person most involved with Celoxis in the company, I do all the API integrations, and have done most of the dashboards and report customizations. I am very satisfied with how Celoxis has improved over time, and I am eager to see what it becomes in the future. I have also work a little with workflows, getting a lot of value from them, although I haven't got the time to do as much as I'd like. I reccomend Celoxis 100%. Before choosing it, I evaluated about 15 different platforms, in the end, the technical evaluation was very clear, Celoxis was the only viable option, unless I wanted to spend 10 or 15 times more money on something else.

Pros

No doubt, I have 2 favorite features: everything related to the Gantt View, which is extremely customizable, and now suporting different baselines; and the REST API, which is a lot better documented than when I started using it. Also, not a feature about the software, but as important, Customer Support is excelent.

Cons

So far, Celoxis hasn't turned into proper program and portfolio management.

Celoxis for project Portfolio Management

We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros

It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged Great scheduling and resourcing Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons

Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers. Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Pros

As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency. I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats. The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre. On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Cons

With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.