Celoxis Reviews

Celoxis

All-in-one project management & work collaboration platform

4.37/5 (195 reviews)

Pros
  • Because it is so customizable, it may seem overwhelming to setup initially; however customer support is great as they are responsive and ready to help.Stephanie S.Read the full review
  • The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. Ve set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.Fiona G.Read the full review
  • Overall great - it really brings something niche to the table with its reporting feature, and it includes many other useful features that other programs have as well. Definitely would recommend.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • The aspect I struggled the most was no autosaving and the freezing of the application every once in a while. It was really frustrating especially when dealing with big projects.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • No more scribbled post-its that get lost or physical task charts or private excel files, everything is visible and we can stop bugging our project manager constantly.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I use it for project management and reporting. So far it gets the job done, but I do have those moments where it's very frustrating because it won't do what i need it to do.Nicholas M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kavita Pai

A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pros
1. Web-based Interface 2. Mobile Access 3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines 4. Alerts and Notifications 5. Time Tracking 6. Ease of Use

Cons
The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Anonymous

A great full-featured project management tool

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Pros
Celoxis checks all the boxes for engineering project management for me. Prior to Celoxis, we used Microsoft Project: Celoxis incorporates the advanced features of Project in cloud-based tool that provides team collaboration and scheduling that we could not get with Project or most other cloud-based scheduling tools.

Cons
With great options can come a great (big) learning curve: there are so many features in Celoxis, setting up individuals, teams, groups, and roles is critical for a successful launch, and this can be a bit daunting at first glance. However, the Celoxis team did a great job pre-sales of walking us through the tool and it's features, as well as scheduling training for our team post-sales to get up and running in the tool.

Allen Larkins

Good Gantt planning

Reviewed 2019-10-13

We are able to track project tasks and properly link them to other projects and also see resource allocations

Pros
This software produces and manages the tasks in the Gantt really well and is very easy to update the view with progress, resources and durations. Can also add custom columns to the view.

Cons
I don't always like the way the screen real estate is being used and feel that there are elements on the screen that I don't need to see all the time and that is making my work-space smaller. It is especially evident when projecting at a lower resolution. Am also not a fan of the fact that one cannot ju8st copy the URL of a view and send on to someone else.

Celoxis Review

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-12

Amazing. Very good experience.

Pros
Celoxis is a very interesting software for Project Management. It is very easy to use and quick to setup. The SaaS solution is amazing.

Cons
So far it is difficult to estimate the real issues, but I can say that the experience with the support is not so good.

Aleksander Adamkiewicz

Powerful, flexible platform with UX problems

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Generally, and for a company of our size Celoxis was the best choice due to the varied work models we service. The ability to both work in hourly and fixed price models is a unique requirement and other platforms struggle to make it work.

Pros
The standout feature is the flexibility of Celoxis which allows for a great deal of optional customisation. For example, custom formula fields let us do basic and complex math that can be displayed in reports and on projects. When comparing it to other solutions it does sport a few unique features not found in competitor products. Chiefly among them would be the semi intelligent schedule and budget prediction feature which gives a quick way to assess project status.

Cons
The biggest issue is the UX/UI which has a bit of a learning curve and needs a strict process to utilize all areas effectively. The system seems to have some legacy features that make functionality redundant. An example would be 4 different ways to enter time into time-sheets in the UI, or 2 separate comment features that are nested into each other for no reason. Some very simple and common features, like checklists in tasks, seem to also be absent. While not difficult to work with, the usage-paths for all the functions have not been thoroughly tested it seems.

Kapil Bhamburkar

Easy Project Management

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Pros
- ease of use - feature rich for project management - external users and client login option for client view - integrations with salesforce and rest api for other apps if required - integrated time entry and approval - single-sign-on capability with various IDP's

Cons
- mobility options are limited - client cannot be assigned tasks in the Project

Trystan Smith

Celoxis may be one the best project management software suits out there

Reviewed 2019-10-13

Pros
Celoxis offers all the features you would want to manage projects and more. I am a fan of the in-app timer that allows you to easily track time against each task. At the end of the month, you can easily see how much time and money has been spent with a quick glimpse and without the need to calculate everything yourself.

Cons
The software lacks a dark theme mode but that can always be changed in the future. It takes a little bit of playing around to get used to all the features.

Anonymous

Easy to use, but there's a learning curve

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Helping keep our teams outstanding consulting hours in view so that we can deploy the right resources to fullfill the time with our clients.

Pros
It is easy to use and it has lots of helpful features to organize your projects as well as keep you on task.

Cons
There's a learning curve and seems to be a couple of ways to do the same thing.

Stacie Manzano

Celoxis is a robust platform with a stellar support team.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Pros
Celoxis meets expectations for project management in the software delivery industry. We are able to leverage Celoxis globally to track our implementation projects. We track our financials, resource assignments, and % complete in this tool. Celoxis has a great reporting structure and flexibility in creating your own custom fields. When the tool does not have the exact feature I need, I have been able to work with Celoxis training to find an out of the box solution or submit a feature request with surprising success in having them delivered. Celoxis often has more functionality than my teams are ready to adopt and I find that the operational issues have more to do with people and process (not tool). I especially like the flexibility of the client log in feature and the customization of what each person can see in their own dashboards. I really love that it can serve as the one central repository for project updates. We have been using Celoxis for a little over three years and are quite happy with it. Within a few months it will be our global standard.

Cons
Celoxis is a standalone software that needs to be integrated with our Salesforce environment, therefore, it has taken some additional investment on our part to automatically trigger projects at closed/won state and feed the data into our financial systems. Celoxis is also real time data so there is no back button if you delete something or the ability to restore a previous version. Since I am using this tool globally I would like to see more workspace segmented admin features to control what is seen by each region throughout all reports and tasks. Additionally, we have had to perform a few workarounds to get full billable and non-billable resource load charts in the tool. Since many people go to outlook to see if a resource is available, the current Celoxis Outlook integration (a separate calendar) is not sufficient for blocking off the resource from being scheduled for other things. I suggest the following improvements - Direct Outlook Calendar integration that blocks off scheduled time so people in the business can see that the resource is not available and actively working on a project. (currently we book time in Celoxis and Outlook - double entry) - Non-Project Time viewed exactly the same as billable time from projects in the resource load charts including the time code and % allocation - Administration features for further segmentation or archiving of the data - Data restoring options including restoration of deleted objects restoring to a previous day

Whitney Philipp

Easy to use product hits all the top needs

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Overall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.

Pros
I like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.

Cons
The new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.

Anonymous

A very affordable and powerful project management platform

Reviewed 2019-04-17

We are being capable of making a smooth transition from our original PM processes to new business practice based on Celoxis. We can deliver high level and top quality information about our project portfolio easily. We have a very short delivery time for new features. The workflow engine allows us to extend Celoxis capabilities and use a single platform for managing everyting project related.

Pros
The most valuable feature in Celoxis for our PMO is its API. We've been able to do intensive integration work on less than 4 months. This has helped us to use a very user friendly adoption path, since people are not seeing disruptive changes in the way they work. What they see is a very gradual transition between their traditional tools and processes to the new ones on Celoxis. For example, for reporting time logs, we used the API to integrate Celoxis with the same GUI our consultants have used for a long time. They saw little differences in that we integrated the time codes catalog into the GUI, but as a PMO we've been able to use the time information in a very productive way in Celoxis. Now, we are gradually moving some users to entre their timesheets using the powerful Celoxis GUI. Another very powerful feature is the workflow engine. We are also using that one a lot. Be it for managing risks, change requests, issues and project requests (the built-in original apps) or our custom made apps for agreements, business goals, stakeholder management and deliverables acceptance. And we can use all of them using Celoxis GUI, e-mail or the API. In terms of common project management features, like the Gantt, and the way tasks are added, managed, updated, related, scheduled, etc. Celoxis performs as expected.

Cons
The web GUI has some limitations in terms of there not being a way to zoom, so you get an standard sized view. Personally, I like smaller text and a better use of the visible space, but there's no way to do that on Celoxis. Another thing we don't like is that a lot of the web views are shared among all users. For instance, I set my dashboards the way I like them, but at the same time I am modifying the for all users. Also, you can create different dashboards but they share some of the widgets configuration. I currently have 3 dashboards. One for those projects I am accountable for their performance and success (my projects), a second one for projects in which I act as a PMO mentor for the project managers, and a third one for all the other projects. Since my involvement is different, I need different information on the Project List widget in the dashboards. But, if you change the column list on the widget on one dashboard it is modified for all of them. I don't like that at all.

Anshu Manik

Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings

Reviewed 2017-03-24

Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc. You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!

Pros
Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Cons
Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

Denzil Jr Parreno

Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!

Reviewed 2017-03-27

In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively. In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.

Pros
In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Cons
Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

Anonymous

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Pros
As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency. I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats. The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre. On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Cons
With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.

Ryan Klatte

Great Project Management Tool

Reviewed 2017-03-23

We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pros
Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Cons
Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

Prateek Sharma

Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!

Reviewed 2017-03-21

The highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Pros

Cons
The interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

Response from Celoxis Technologies

Hello Prateek,
Thank you for your review.
Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes.
We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions.
We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira.

Thanks again for your comments!

Eduardo Balmaceda

Lack of graphics

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Overall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above. Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.

Pros
Easy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.

Cons
The lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame. The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved. The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).

Misha Milshtein

Project Management, Performance and Reporting!

Reviewed 2017-04-07

here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all 1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality. Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool. 2) Performance Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches. 3) Reporting No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report. Note on the performance: I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.

Fiona Gildert

Great S/W for customisation

Reviewed 2018-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.

Pros
The ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.

Cons
Only con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.

Rebecca Hyndes

Review- Celoxis

Reviewed 2019-10-16

My overall experience has been good, the software meets my needs as a project manager.

Pros
The reporting functions are good and very flexible, extremely easy to use and create new reports. I like the ease of creating a project, adding tasks and moving them into different areas of the project - extremely simple and straight forward. Copying from other projects function is very easy to use.

Cons
I wish there was an option to remove resources when copying over project tasks. If I don't have the same resources on my new project this is time consuming to remove each one. Still confused about how CPI is calculated in regards to the time billed to each task vs. overall budget. This may be a training issue for myself.

Erin Helmore

Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!

Reviewed 2015-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Celoxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we’ve had to always scramble to meet our ‘go-live’ schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.

Cons
Their salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.

James Smitheman

Good tool, good value

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Overall Celoxis is good product for a really good price. It has allowed us to have a much better view of the pending workload and schedule it much more effectively, thus allowing us to be more productive. It also gives us the ability to spot potential "bottle necks" in our production process much further in advance which allows us to plan for it and minimize the impact on the schedule. It also allows us to see when a future project is effected by a current one taking longer than expected (so long as you schedule using predecessors).

Pros
Ease of use and clear visibility of the upcoming schedule.

Cons
If you have a full time resource that uses one work calendar, say 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM, and a part time resource who uses a different work calendar, say 7:30 AM - NOON, and you assign them on the same task, the duration will be different for each resource if you use automatic scheduling.

Susan Gravel

Am loving Celoxis

Reviewed 2017-04-10

Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pros
Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Cons
As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should

Anonymous

Easy-to-use and very affordable tool

Reviewed 2018-11-14

It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the systems we used before. The support teams are very agile and helpful. Easy-to-use dashboards and mobile interface truly add value.

Pros
Being in the healthcare industry, we are constantly looking for internal improvements to inspire healthy behaviors and improve overall healthcare management. Celoxis helps us with prioritizing our projects and activities, keeping a tight eye on progress in schedule, costs, risks and issues. It is very intuitive to use. Custom fields are tremendously useful in capturing different dimensions of information.

Cons
Sometimes the application feels a bit old-fashioned and clunky and the timesheets could do with a bit of overhaul. Nothing too major in lacking.

Anonymous

Celoxis the new traditional and alternative flexible system for project management

Reviewed 2019-11-01

It has added a high level of value from project team communication, reduce time for document and information access. One place for Every team member to speak from.

Pros
You can manage projects, tasks, resources, risks, issues and collaboration from one solution with client who don't need to have licenses or desktop software installed. The platform reporting tools with pre built project matrix report is a thumb up for this package. What I love the most is the project tracking board.

Cons
While the web application is mobile responsive , a mobile app is desired.