Intervals Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Intervals?

Pros

The Intervals team listens when we ask for specific features, and updates the software to make it better and better. I love how easy it is to use and to keep track of our projects and tasks.

AC

Alisa C.

Nice API, you can take all your data and do whatever you want with it. The request management system is pretty good.

ZZ

Zsombor Z.

Its giving you a chance to try the software before buying it, which is very smart because you will like the software and will ending buying it.

MH

Moataz H.

Cons

Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often.

MG

Mark G.

We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed.

MG

Mark G.

We have integrated it via its API with our in-house issue tracking software: the integration was a little awkward but once set-up hasn't given us any problems.

KW

Kevin W.

Intervals review experience

We are using Intervals mostly to collect timesheets in our company from the employees.

Pros

- easy of use and navigation to setup the system - easy to use by employees to report time - automated invoicing feature - licensing model, you paid for the product not per company person

Cons

- use roles: it will be good to have additional role of manager that can view only selected projects and can approve timesheets

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding managers, you are correct that only administrator level users can approve timesheets but which projects managers have access to can be controlled. With resources, executives, and managers you can control which projects they can see. Only administrator level users see all projects.

I have used Intervals for many years now, there must be a reason...

Being an R&D Manager this on-line tool has helped me a lot in my work. Project planning, task management, time tracking, graphical presentation, tables and lots of useful tools; It's all here. I have used it in various companies and the own one-man consultancy. I appreciate That it is easy to change the plan and cost as the needs change in terms of the number of projects and co-workers. Sometimes I have looked for alternative similar solutions but found Intervals being very good and cost-effective for my needs. I can always show good facts for senior management or customers when needed. It's easy for the team to allocate, prioritize and manage tasks with Intervals. I really recommend it!

Cons

Leif, thank you for the thoughtful review and your years of commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. And we appreciate the recommendations! We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

An accommodating team that provides excellent customer service

Intervals is very easy to use and intuitive. The level of customer service that the Intervals team provides is really my favorite part of the experience. If you have a question, recommendation or comment, the Intervals team is very easy to get in touch with and responsive. The team also listens to your recommendations and provides guidance or edits to the system based on your needs.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. There is more than one way to accomplish something and features that simplify what you're trying to accomplish.

Cons

From my experience, Intervals is not the best software to use for accounting purposes. I'm still learning my way around the software though.

DCSI Review

Overall this tool has done what we need it to do. I would like to see QuickBooks integration at the click of a button. Also, without a 'live chat' or phone number to call, customer support in inadequate.

Pros

The price and ease of installation.

Cons

Lack of customer support

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to provide quick responses using email support, but we can understand how a live chat or phone number may be more adequate. We've made note of this idea. Meanwhile, we'd love to hear more about how we can make our QuickBooks integration more intuitive. Please feel free to follow up with us at support@myintervals.com

Intuitive, comprehensive task management software

Pros

I've been using Intervals to keep track of tasks for the past year now and I can say that it is very easy to use and learning navigation is a breeze. There hasn't been any major issues around missing tasks/data or malfunctioning. Very pleased with being able to drag and drop files.

Cons

Since my marketing team has switched around, there are inconsistencies within Milestones/tasks, but I suppose that's more of a user con (i.e. there is no way to fix if old tasks do not follow the same format as new projects/tasks). Communication between tasks and larger milestones can be difficult and less intuitive to follow, especially if the Milestone spans several months work.

Love that it captures everything and reports so well

Records time.

Pros

Reports are easy. The system forces me to record time in an orderly fashion. Reports come out beautifully. I do like how, if it is set up correctly to begin with, the tasks wind up right where they are supposed to be and clients are clear about what work has been done given the reports.

Cons

It is cumbersome to get to tasks in projects. The "filtering" process as a way to find tasks or projects is a little too many steps.

Intervals has helped us manage the projects we work on with external teams.

Pros

It helps us easily communicate updates and changes that need to be made to campaigns, while notifying everyone working on the project at one time.

Cons

There isn't much flexibility within the tool, and it is hard to find tasks, projects, and documents at times.

Intervals is a great, flexible project management tool

Intervals is great. If you need project management software that isn't bloated with features but has enough to get the job done, this is it.

Pros

Very affordable for all of the features Great UI and user experience Flexible, lots of options but not too many that's its overwhelming Awesome customer support

Cons

Not many cons. The documentation was a bit lackluster, but as you use the platform you can figure most of it out.

Nice Trend Tracker

Pros

Love the ability to toggle into weekly time summary displays. Been very insightful having a clear snapshot

Cons

Lots of information, takes a bit of time to digest and understand

Nailed it

I reviewed more 20 systems before I settled on Intervals. I've been using Intervals for about 5 years because it helps me track, manage and understand our most valuable resource - time. It's speed and ease of use are nearly transparent, until we need the information. Then it provides us, and our clients, full accountability and has allowed us to capture and bill for more of our time than possible before.

Pros

Ease of use (get everywhere from anywhere) Great support from the authors Frequent updates and additions Loading speed of application Flexible billing options Exports seamlessly to Quickbooks for accurate billing

Cons

Minor details that are more preferences for my work style than functional issues.

Amazing Software to Run Your Business

If you are a business owner or project manager looking for a way to organize your business and yourself, I recommend you look no further. Intervals Project management is amazing. I have been running my graphic design firm using this software for the past 7+ years. I have added to several other ventures I am involved with. Simple and ease of use without unnecessary bells and whistles makes Intervals my choice in project management software.

Pros

Low Cost All you need to organize any business Amazing Email handling Great user role system, well thought out for an agency or other firm Has not been down or offline for us for 7+ years

Cons

None

It gets the job done

Pros

We were able to enter job tasks and track them pretty easily.

Cons

It was a little harder to use than competitors, it also lacked a lot of features we needed as a company.

Does what I need it to do for the most part

Project functionality is great, but more customization when it comes to invoices would be great. It would be nice if it named your invoice based on the customer and date, instead of just invoice.pdf.

Cons

Jason, thank you for the review. We can understand that more customization with invoices would be a great help. Although we don't have any plans for it currently, we might add more features in the future to make invoicing more flexible. We also wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

it's very easy to use.

Project management, and ease of putting the hours dedicated to each project.

Pros

it's very easy to use and timers for task it's very comfortable to control this. Daily mails with the memorandum of the tasks expired are very well

Cons

I think it is an application that is growing and there are enough things to be complete, but I think they are in it, for example, there would be a type of cost typology. You can not define neither days of work nor ability to work.

Javi, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We'd love to hear more about your thoughts on cost typology and defining days and abilities to work. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that might help streamline projects. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

The Pricing

Its a smart easy to use and the timing they gave to you for free trail give you a very good experience that will end by activate one of the 4 packages

Pros

Cons

The price listing still a little bit high, need to reconsider

Great software to track billable versus non-billable hours

We use this every day to track time and set project alerts. It's been a great and easy to use and share with our employees.

Cons

Jeff, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

A lot of power if you have the time to harness it

Not a big fan of this solution, however forced to use it with a client. Its power lies in reporting and billing

Pros

Its reporting features are I believe what keeps it a competitor.

Cons

The UI is not up to par for a tool in this day and age. Everything seams to take 2 or 3 steps, things you would expect should be simple are often counter intuitive.

I've been using MyIntervals for over 5 years and looking forward to another 5!

As a small business, MyIntervals hits all the key points we need to successfully manage our projects easily and cost effectively.

Cons

Toby, thank you for the glowing review, and for your five years of continued business. We wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

Intervals is a useful site for keeping track of billable hours

Pros

Intervals is a useful site for tracking the time that I have spent on a file, so that I know how many hours to bill for. There is also a very handy feature on the site: they have a time clock on the site that you can have running to know exactly how much time you have spent on a client's file.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about Intervals.

This reviewer only left a rating