All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

WorkOtter Reviews

Pros

I love the way you can visualize the workflow for the project and time assigned to my colleagues and make sure that tasks are divided in a way that will allow for successful completion of projects.

Veronica Leigh M.

Read the full review
Another great part is this software is great to use if your small and only have 1 or 2 projects or if your large and have a great deal of projects going on. Plus the price point is great.

Tera J.

Read the full review
We were given every opportunity to ask questions and to understand the answers. Everyone, who will be utilizing the software, have been happy with the software and seem glad we have chosen this.

Debra R.

Read the full review

Cons

This software is new for us so we are still working through it but so far there have been no drawbacks.

Veronica Leigh M.

Read the full review
There are a few features that are not available on mobile. However, I work in construction and some of my team works in the field with limited access to a computer.

Clare M.

Read the full review
Limited to only English language but if it can be made available in other languages so that it can widespread. Skin option for the app can be added.

Rahul S.

Read the full review

This Was the Right Choice!

The overall experience has been overwhelmingly exciting, and the people who are involved with this software played a large part in this. The sales officials, support team, and installation guides have all instilled a sense of trust in me with WorkOtter. There were a few confusing moments throughout the learning process, and the staff on-call through WorkOtter really took charge of the situation for us. Every question we have had has been answered and in a satisfying way.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about this software but just to name a few I would have to say for sure the cohesive way it functions with Microsoft Excel. We are at the beginning of our companies development, and so until diving into this program we have been using strictly Microsoft software to maintain scheduling, data, reports, etc.. The transition has been easy and enjoyable as everything...

Cons

Nothing! It has been such a game-changer within our business in just the few months we have been using it.

Incredibly interactive, illustrative, imaginative & engaging. Love it!

I would say 'WOW '! My experience was really great. It was far more intuitive that I expected. For even an employee of mediocre knowledge, any of our personnel would be able to get up to speed with this very quickly. So our employees wouldn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of time in training.. The reporting is truly amazing & advanced. For example, when you click on the ‘reports’ dropdown, there are so many great reports to choose from, depending on what our managers are desiring that particular day. This for me is really key. And from what I can tell so far, they are very visually appealing as well (high color, dashboard animations, seeing multiple metrics on the same dashboard, how data bubbles change over time, etc). Overall, I am very pleased with the aesthetics & ease-of-use.

Pros

I absolutely love that I would have the ability to see different views within the company (ie. Organization overview vs. Project Manager vs. Team Member).. Really nice! I am big on reporting as this is my particular role within my company now, so I LOVE that you have a ‘financials’ & ‘reports’ section to be easily found under the “projects” tab. It also appears to be nicely customizable, to change...

Cons

So far, I have not found anything I do not like. I am big on reporting, & this program has everything I could ask for. Truly

Comprehensive project management tool for all project phases

Pros

The ability to plan a project to a very detailed or very simple level with all options in between. Very adaptable to the level of planning a particular product needs.

Cons

Single-currency. For international projects it would be very impactful to be able to see fiscal amounts in currencies used, rather than having to manually calculate outside the systems.

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your overall score but some of your sub scores encourages us to do better. Notably - your support experience didn't live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our support (college educated, min 5 years PPM experience, US only, many rounds of testing/interviewing). At WorkOtter our support team is some of our best paying and most appreciated roles (unlike competitors who it is offshore or underappreciated) Kindly contact your Success Manager to elaborate on your experience and we would be happy to address your concerns. We are all here to help you.

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

Pros

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

Cons

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing....

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program. - The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients! - Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly. - Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

We Have Found Our Project/Resource Management Home!

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

Pros

The feature I like most is the "sandbox" for my "what if" scenarios... I am able to project in more ways and more accurately with a click and a drag!

Cons

The software is intuitive but with covid, our team took a little while to get up to speed... Not really the software's fault.

Platform to grow with

Great experience! The 30 day implementation plan launched us into using WorkOtter effectively and helped us grow into the tools and capabilities. The support team is fabulous and invested in our success.

Pros

I love this product for it's gorgeous, easy-to-use dashboards. It's so customizable and intuitive in matters of personalization. You can tell that visual displays of data and reports are important to the developers. The resource management tools are also very helpful, both for planning and post-mortem. The predictive portfolio timeline features is a great tool for allocating work to different teams or people, and it's easy to compare actual hours worked with forecasts, in order to better predict in the future.

Cons

The powerful tools can be a lot to take in at first! The on-boarding process is very helpful, with excellent support, but a some adjustment was needed to take full advantage of the software.

Incredible Interactive Dashboards / Probably the best I've seen before

The guy who held a demo video call for us showed so many features. I really like it when IT companies pay a lot of attention to customer service. I've had many demo sessions before. This one was probably the best. Overall, I had a really good experience.

Pros

1) You can create a business process flow - which is super helpful. 2) Animated dashboards look awesome. You can show the change in the performance or in the number of resources over time. 3) Well Developed Project Planning - You can hover and see the critical path, etc. 4) The portfolio feature is super beneficial. If you have more than 2-3 projects, you can see the FTE depending on the project's timeline. This all is interactive, so if you move one project it will recalculate the resource allocation for you.

Cons

I would say this software for PMP's or Project Managers with Experience. Beginners will have to learn the theory first. However, so far the software is perfect.

Workotter fits my organizations projects like a glove

It was easy to work with the engineer from Workotter to personalize our software and dashboards to the needs of my company. The 30 days implementation plan gave us the peace of mind and enough time to get acquainted with the system while knowing assistance is always at hand. The support team have been excellent so far and very knowledgeable when i contact them.

Pros

I love that the software was personalize to my company's projects. It also syncs easily to Microsoft excel which enables me to work on excel when i want to and easily transfer into the software. In a world of team collaboration, this software does a fantastic job.

Cons

None so far. Everything has been working great since we started using it.

WorkOtter lets me keep track of ALL my puzzle pieces

We needed something to bring together all the features we needed (and were using too many programs to accomplish) and WorkOtter did that.

Pros

I love that I can customize the dashboards and that this tool allows us to forecast projects which helps us with reporting to upper management. And the Gantt charts! 😍

Cons

No cons to list yet - we're still building it out!

Working productively - Easier Done!

When I needed assistance, I got just that. No runaround, no leading, straight answers, and confirmations. As I've stated, you will have to take some time to learn the program but it's for the benefit of alleviating management tasks. Have questions, you can always call customer service to fulfill any lingering questions/doubts. I'm more than happy with my experience and I relaying my appreciation to others has provided others with the same positive experience!

Pros

Ease of access is something every project manager, team, boss, or client, looks for in much of the planning process. Provided within the Excel Spreadsheet, helping to better utilize WorkOtter, are different resources which enable easier accessibility. As a project manager, efficiency is something I'm always looking for, without having to go through the hurdles of worrying about maintaining organization....

Cons

Getting started can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of features and it takes a bit of time to get comfortable with the platform. I had to sit down and study it in order to feel truly comfortable and this is something that could get in the way for others who aren't apt to figuring things out on their own.

It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.

It is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports. Trust me, I have been there as a PMO...

Pros

I have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects. For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream! I could go on and on, but this section...

Cons

I personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!

User Friendly and very effective PM software

Satisfied to choose WorkOtter as our Project Management software. Developed exactly according to the needs of Project managers. Organizing our tasks were not been as smoother as these are now with the help of this Software. WorkOtter seems like a member of our team which supports us in an incredible way.

Pros

WorkOtter has provided us an opportunity to get control over our complex tasks. Organization of tasks is extremely simple in the software. The software is highly user friendly and doesn’t require hours and hours of training to get used to it. Perfect software for scheduling and communication. As a PC I am always updated on the project, it takes few moments to have a check on the activities of my colleagues....

Cons

Until now the software is working pretty fine. There are no major glitches which we have encountered. Initially, some very minor concerns appeared because it was a new software for us however, the more we are using it, we are getting familiar with the software. I think due to its high customization we are unable to find any major drawback so far.

By far the best project management software!

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role. Not...

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

My best way to save time

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it...

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

Project management was never easier before! WO is a comprehensive and contemporary PMP solution.

A professional project management tool that can be utilized to ensure a higher ROI.

Pros

The app comes with awesome features like exhaustive project planning tools, portfolio management modules, human resource allocation and collaboration with team members, useful professional reports and charting options and several utilities that make life easier for managers like me. I am fascinated to see how easily I can create a LCM (Life Cycle Model) flowchart and assign tasks to my team members...

Cons

WorkOtter does what it should do serving the objective of a sophisticated project management application and it is difficult to find a loophole in it. However it gives a scope of improvement when the web version and the mobile version are compared closely as a few features are desktop-only and are not available on the mobile version of the app. Nevertheless the mobile app is equally fast and useful. Though I have already praised the UI greatly, it could be better if it could offer users a few color schemes or skin templates to choose from to customize the interface.

WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers

It was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.

Pros

One thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.

Cons

As per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.

Everything I need and then some!

Pros

WorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly. Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to...

Cons

No major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.

WorkOtter - Providing New and Exciting Innovations for Project Management!

The team at WorkOtter has been fantastic. Every team member I have worked with has been helpful, and the implementation time was less than 30 days which is amazing. I did not feel pressured to expand beyond my immediate needs at this time, and overall am really thankful for the great experience the staff has provided.

Pros

This product has been extremely easy to use. The first feature that I have found the most useful is the main dashboard, which utilizes an easy-to-read graphic interface to provide me with real-time data on a variety of project variables. I am able to quickly filter and view projects that need my critical attention, which helps to direct my day in a more efficient manner. The second feature that I love is the ability to source dashboards and reports from open community sources. This software provides a wide variety of new and innovative ways of understanding and staying on track of my project's resource allocation needs, which is a huge plus in my day-to-day workload.

Cons

I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software. So far it has met my needs and is a great addition to my PM tools.

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

Pros

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful. It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting). You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time. System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

Cons

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us. We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library. We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects

As a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see. The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up...

Pros

The dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.

Cons

The software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

Is a very user friendly tool, it can be used by Junior or Senior PM, simple, efficient and dinamic.

Pros

I really love how simple the tool really is, with that I mean, if a have a new Junior PM or Project coordinator in the team, will be easy for that collegue to get into track very quicky, is not like other tools where you have to spend hours and hours in training. Next to that, the tool also provides with amaizing advanced PM features that allows me to have everything under control, create reports,...

Cons

I will like to been able to personalize the user guide interface of the software according to a specific project or company, this talking about branding and marketing. For example, when I am in a meeting been able to personalize the reports and tools

More than project management

Having used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.

Pros

I really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks...

Cons

No glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.

WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and agility.

Pros

I am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.

Cons

The learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.

Definitely makes my workflow easier. At various stages of a project I can easily adjust utilization.

We're saving time and blowing our old time-consuming processes away which drives our profitability.

Pros

My team's view on our PMO forecasting has never been more positive. WorkOtter lets me easily track and manage the assignments of resources while juggling multiple programs and client needs. None of my other tools have been hindered since I can hook right into MS Project and still provide the other reports my stakeholders are looking for. Plus there are some new reports within WorkOtter that give a...

Cons

We really like the ability to configure the questions, fields and layouts of the responsive interface. It would be great if we could apply our own theme to the skin of the layout to match our branding for our internal users.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.