WorkOtter Logo

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.66/10

Reviews by rating

WorkOtter staff are very friendly and helpful. They are good communicators and easy to work with.
It is a user-friendly software to work with. I would like to mention that the dashboards integrations are great and the way how you can monitor and track resources is great.
I would highly recommend this to other project managers. The cost of the product is amazing for everything you get with this program.
I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software.
I am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.
There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

Nicole M. K.

For using Project Management Software for the first time, I'm pretty darn impressed with the turnout

A project being completed smoother than ever before, since everyone is kept up to date on reports and completion of goals.

Pros

I've never used a Management Software with my team, so I was very impressed with how easy it was to get things started and customized to fit our needs. It was extremely nice to be able to quickly interact with the team by knowing all of the updates made to our projects and the deadlines that were completed and by who. All reports of status were emailed to the rest of the team - so even if they were off work, or out of the office they still know what is going on. Our project was very big, so the unlimited storage space was an instant plus for us too!

Cons

Honestly, the team loves it. However, it will be nice once there are more languages available. We have a team member who's native language is Spanish so we had to help him along the way with learning the software.

AT

Amy T.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Incredibly interactive, illustrative, imaginative & engaging. Love it!

I would say 'WOW '! My experience was really great. It was far more intuitive that I expected. For even an employee of mediocre knowledge, any of our personnel would be able to get up to speed with this very quickly. So our employees wouldn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of time in training.. The reporting is truly amazing & advanced. For example, when you click on the ‘reports’ dropdown, there are so many great reports to choose from, depending on what our managers are desiring that particular day. This for me is really key. And from what I can tell so far, they are very visually appealing as well (high color, dashboard animations, seeing multiple metrics on the same dashboard, how data bubbles change over time, etc). Overall, I am very pleased with the aesthetics & ease-of-use.

Pros

I absolutely love that I would have the ability to see different views within the company (ie. Organization overview vs. Project Manager vs. Team Member).. Really nice! I am big on reporting as this is my particular role within my company now, so I LOVE that you have a ‘financials’ & ‘reports’ section to be easily found under the “projects” tab. It also appears to be nicely customizable, to change...

Cons

So far, I have not found anything I do not like. I am big on reporting, & this program has everything I could ask for. Truly

CW

Cheryl W.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

Pros

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

Cons

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

AB

Aaron B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing....

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program. - The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients! - Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly. - Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

JS

Jason S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

We Have Found Our Project/Resource Management Home!

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

Pros

The feature I like most is the "sandbox" for my "what if" scenarios... I am able to project in more ways and more accurately with a click and a drag!

Cons

The software is intuitive but with covid, our team took a little while to get up to speed... Not really the software's fault.

AA

Audrey A.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

You have to check out this project management software

Nick always answer my question in a timely manner. Over all experience is very nice and pleasant

Pros

The software is a very good tool for Project Management. Not only you can collaborate easily with team members, it also gives you different options to present the graph and show to members and leaders. My favorite is the Portfolio Planning report. It gives you a report of resource time and the amount they invested for each project. It also convert projects to word, pdf, etc

Cons

Security feature to be determined. I work for a healthcare company and deals a lot with PHi.

DW

Daniell W.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

WorkOtter lets me keep track of ALL my puzzle pieces

We needed something to bring together all the features we needed (and were using too many programs to accomplish) and WorkOtter did that.

Pros

I love that I can customize the dashboards and that this tool allows us to forecast projects which helps us with reporting to upper management. And the Gantt charts! 😍

Cons

No cons to list yet - we're still building it out!

LK

Laura K.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

Pros

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

Cons

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Swapnil B.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

WorkOtter - The Perfect Solution for Streamlining Your Project Portfolio Management

WorkOtter has been an invaluable resource for our project team. The software's intuitive and user-friendly design makes it easy to get up and running quickly. With Gantt, Kanban and Agile views, we are able to customize our project management tools to fit the needs of our team. Additionally, the ability to integrate with other popular tools has saved us time and improved collaboration across multiple teams. We highly recommend WorkOtter for anyone looking for a comprehensive PPM solution.

Pros

With WorkOtter, there's no need to worry about complex setup and configuring as it is designed to be an intuitive solution for project managers. Additionally, their Gantt, Kanban, and Agile view allow for flexibility in project planning and execution. On top of that, the software integrates directly with popular third-party productivity tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, Jira and Trello so projects can stay on track despite remote working conditions. All in all, we really appreciate the intuitive design of WorkOtter and its ability to integrate with other productivity tools.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is no native mobile app for users to access on the go as to my knowledge. However, users can access the software via their browsers on their mobile devices, but some features may not be optimized for a smaller screen size.

JD

Jessica D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

By far the best project management software!

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role. Not...

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

AS

Alex S.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

My best way to save time

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it...

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

CD

Chester D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers

It was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.

Pros

One thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.

Cons

As per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.

IP

Ilya P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

Pros

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful. It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting). You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time. System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

Cons

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us. We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library. We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

NC

Nick C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

More than project management

Having used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.

Pros

I really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks...

Cons

No glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.

WK

Whately K.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

All I ever wanted plus Works with JIRA!

Pros

Well, me and my team used to manage all our projects with MS Project but the integration with Jira never worked quite well so I was looking for a different solution and I had a very positive experience with WorkOtter. Something that really surprised me was the support team, they were amazing and helped us out during the entire transition process which was a great deal as my team was overloaded and could not leave their daily jobs to work exclusively on this software transition. One other thing that seems simple but was a big deal for us is that WorkOtter send reports to users emails automatically. We have to do that a lot during the day and it saves time.

BG

Brian G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Impeccable and thoughtful design, *and* somehow gives you complete control!

Overall, It is obvious the designers are project managers with an intimate understanding of PM who sought to create a product to make their own lives easier; the perfect kind of inspiration. PM products are directly tied to efficiency and effectiveness. WorkOtter maximizes both – and makes it difficult not to.

Pros

The process of using WorkOtter is superlative. The interface is responsive and gives you powerful, comprehensive oversight and highly granular control over all aspects of a project; all with the most intuitive interface I have encountered with PM software. This all facilitates more completed projects on time and within budget. As I am also an IT Administrator for my organization, setup and onboarding is a breeze as well.

Cons

The only room for improvement I can conceive related to aesthetics, but this isn’t the point of the software. While visual improvements to make the look sleeker may enhance the UI, if WorkOtter wants to make improvements, the changes will be easy to implement.

AM

Aline M.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

Helps team collaborate, it is a solid and flexible system.

Pros

Work Otter has a clean and straightforward interface, with interactive visuals you can customize inside the reports. It also presents an excellent array of features for project managers and support for integrating other tools like Excel, Microsoft Project etc. It was nor complex at all to get started with and the whole system has a clean and up-to-date appearance, very intuitive which made it easy for me to figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes. Best PM system I ever used.

Cons

I would like to have local storage options, the only storage option currently available is Cloud and I am not really sure if this will work forever.

EC

Edberto C.

Packaging and Containers, 10,001+ employees

An Amazing Project Management Tool

This software transformed how our supply team handled our projects, this has given us complete control of each activity, and increased our productivity dramatically. So, this program has done more for our company than any other that we have tried in the past.

Pros

WorkOtter is a complete project management tool, it has a simple user interface, much simpler than some other of its competitors, but is also has advanced PM features as well. You can customize it to look basically just like you want it, if you want, you can arrange your projects in a portfolio, for example. Any PM tool needs great storage as well, and WorkOtter gives you unlimited storage so you can link and attach documents without worrying about size. You can assign tasks to other team members, and you can easily check status and track activity times as well. So, this is easily the most complete, user friendly and usefull Project Management tool I have ever tried. Definitely recommend it.

LE

Lisa E.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

One of the Greatest PPM tools- We Love WorkOtter

WorkOtter allows us to actively manage our projects and it has rich functions available to customize, create, and track any and every part of the project from every stage. It is used in any sector that needs project management. It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to resource management and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer sometimes....

Pros

It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to Portfolio management, Resource Management, and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer needs. Furthermore, the integration between JIRA and MS Project is a plus because they are commonly used in many companies.

Cons

The graphics are good, and I realize it is an incredibly dense program, but even more enhanced graphics and general layouts would help from an aesthetic standpoint.

DR

Debra R.

Executive Office, 201-500 employees

A Better Way!

Service has been there to assist with everything including set-up. We were given every opportunity to ask questions and to understand the answers. Everyone, who will be utilizing the software, have been happy with the software and seem glad we have chosen this.

Pros

1) You're able to prioritize projects according to budget. There is an assessment and assessment scale which helps with the "business value". 2) There is a risk module built in, which is advanced, but our team uses this and it is great to have it 3) You can check who is most available when creating your team. You can see what level each resource is already allocated. 4) Reporting is built with numerous reports and they are all good ones.

Cons

As with any software, there is some set-up required. So far the set-up has been easy. Training everyone has taken a short time but that's no fault of WorkOtter or the software. No real "cons" thus far.

ra

ruba a.

very easy to use and understand, with a simple interface

Pros

Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) and Manage Gantt charts with interactive features with Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others ,Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage ,in other programs I should use 3 softwares to have this data

Cons

Nothing really so far. Has been great I have this notes: 1.Currently English is only language supported 2.Cloud is only option 3.Single currency

VT

Valeria T.

WorkOtter has really made my life easier

It makes things go faster, smoother and more efficiently.

Pros

It's so easy to customize WorkOtter that it allows me to adapt it to my needs as they shift around all the time. Being able to attach docs with no storage limits is great. WorkOtter allows team members to keep up with work and track time very easily. It's really simple to use even though it has advanced PM features like changes, risks, issues & status reporting. One of my favorites is that reports can be automatically emailed to user saving me so much time.

SC

Silvana C.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Great experience working with this highly configurable software. I found it easier to work with.

My job is easier.

Pros

It looks simple at your eyes but it has very advanced features that allow you to manage what really matters: issues, risks, changes and status reporting. I can do really cool interactions since it shows me everything what's going on in my organization. Very interactive and visual software that allows me not only to see and arrange my projects but to build my own dashboards and share them with other people from my organization. This is the kind of tool every manager requires. Not only it automates team collaboration but it can also be integrated with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project.

Cons

I liked every single aspect of this software. I think it meets the requirements that every manager needs to have in order to manage, control and share the company's projects.

CM

Clare M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A very useful full scope project management

Using WorkOtter has been great. I most of my project data has been seamlessly integrated into one easily navigated location. Timesheets, schedule updates, even team communication can all be done using WorkOtter.

Pros

This is a great tool for seamlessly integrating all team members into the project management process. Displays and reports are easily customizable for use in any industry. It's wonderful that it can be integrated with most programs I use for managing like Microsoft Project and Excel.

Cons

For the most part I have no complaints. It has been a critical resource. There are a few features that are not available on mobile. However, I work in construction and some of my team works in the field with limited access to a computer. The fact that there is a mobile option has been very useful.

HL

Hassan L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Unparalleled Efficiency!

Amazing! The support staff was highly knowledgeable and never pushy, and they didn't burden us with excessive questions to get started.

Pros

WorkOtter has been an absolute blessing for me as an Accounts Manager and member of a Marketing project management team. The easy-to-build and configure dashboards have allowed me to create a customized workspace that displays the most crucial information for tracking my projects and resources. I liked the resource management and capacity planning features since that let's me set up and view things...

Cons

Working seamlessly so far so absolutely no complaints. Took some wait time to get things up and running but that was really down to us having to switch over our systems well enough to make sure we're getting the best out of the new one as advised by their team.