WorkOtter Logo

#1 Rated SaaS Project, Resource, & Portfolio Management PPM

visit website

WorkOtter Reviews

5.0

How would you rate WorkOtter?

Pros

WorkOtter staff are very friendly and helpful. They are good communicators and easy to work with.

Zachary V.

It is a user-friendly software to work with. I would like to mention that the dashboards integrations are great and the way how you can monitor and track resources is great.

GB

Greivin B.

I would highly recommend this to other project managers. The cost of the product is amazing for everything you get with this program.

AP

Alecia P.

Cons

I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software.

I am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.

WK

Whately K.

There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

DM

Deana M.

This is everything I had to do manually before, it helps a lot to have automated help.

Automated features that otherwise I had to do manually or with very complex Excel files.

Pros

Resource management and capacity planning features Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) Management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with attached dashboards Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others Manage Gantt charts with interactive features Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage Dashboards tailored to the user's role Integration with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project (2-way) Reports can be automatically emailed to users

Cons

Cloud is only option (no local onsite version available), the company that I work for is regulating Cloud apps.

Meets all my custom needs

WorkOtter really takes into consideration all types of projects. The dashboard is visually appealing and easy to navigate, allowing for quick status updates. Plus it's customizable based on your role in the organization. The user/resource management piece is most useful for my organization. Many systems allow you to assign resources, but WorkOtter is unique in that you can import your org structure...

Pros

The resource management is incredible because it syncs with your org structure. The levels of project vs. portfolio management is helpful for a high level overview and displays nicely on the dashboard. The ability to import custom templates and tools is my personal favorite.

Cons

There are so many features you may not use them all, but they're there when you need them!

I love it! Clean layout and very intuitive.

Team work made easier and effective!

Pros

I am very satisfied with this software, I had no idea it would be such a great match for my team. I was looking for a tool that allowed my team to keep track of every tasks on our project and WorkOtter was a great choice, the team adapted quickly and I was able to track their status as well as time. Another great thing about it is that is super easy to build Gantt chart with all the features the tool offers. Also, since we work with technical drawings and product packaging arts, our files are usually really large and with this software, different from the one I had previously, I can attach these files without worrying about the size limitation! Anyways, pleasantly surprised and highly recommend WO to anyone.

Cons

A very useful full scope project management

Using WorkOtter has been great. I most of my project data has been seamlessly integrated into one easily navigated location. Timesheets, schedule updates, even team communication can all be done using WorkOtter.

Pros

This is a great tool for seamlessly integrating all team members into the project management process. Displays and reports are easily customizable for use in any industry. It's wonderful that it can be integrated with most programs I use for managing like Microsoft Project and Excel.

Cons

For the most part I have no complaints. It has been a critical resource. There are a few features that are not available on mobile. However, I work in construction and some of my team works in the field with limited access to a computer. The fact that there is a mobile option has been very useful.

Best features and User-friendly

Everyone we've worked with has been very nice and they were fantastic from sales to implementation up to their support system. Also, WorkOtter has no surprise charges or pressure to expand our licenses so they just made the whole process so much more enjoyable. I am glad we chose WorkOtter.

Pros

What I really love about this software are: First, my team members can easily keep up with their work and track their time and status. Also, this gives them good tools to monitor the project themselves. My team is very comfortable using the software Secondly, it has the ability to configure/customize the displays and play around its best features. And lastly, it starts simple but its great advanced PM features like monitoring company issues, risks, changes, status and reporting makes this software the best.

Cons

Well, we have no complaints so far since the software has catered to what we exactly needed for our project. They complied basically on the project's needs and how we want it to be setup. We are so glad we picked WorkOtter because it makes everything run smooth.

Reports status easen

Pros

Information can be easily transfered to email Automatized system for users and their teams Record of unlimited data on cloud Communication among users through dynamic dashboards Advanced features such as risks and issues management Link documents with no capacity limitation

Cons

I speak English, but I would like to have the option to change the system to my mother language, which is Spanish.

Lots of great features

Pros

I like that WorkOtter allows you to know when someone who is running late on another project is going to be late on your project.

Cons

Nothing significant. Maybe could be faster at times but I'm not sure if that is our own internet connection.

Hi Becky! Thank you again for selecting and adopting WorkOtter. We agree with you on the performance and are working tirelessly to improve it. Since this review alone we have improved performance and purchased new servers which means - on average - pages loading over 60% faster! Thank you for your honest feedback and keep it coming! We strive to make WorkOtter work for you (pun intended!) :)

WorkOtter has made my workload much easier leaving me time for more critical tasks.

If you are managing many projects and teams on multiple platforms you will love this product.

Pros

The ease of setting up the Instance with the Excel Spreadsheets that are included with the software. This saved time and was so easy to understand, unlike other software that requires a developer to comprehend and set up. WorkOtters ability to connect with other platforms is a powerful benefit most other PMS companies fail miserably in providing.

Cons

We were a little annoyed at first for having to wait to begin however, the customer service team was so helpful. I personally am ecstatic that we were patient and gave the team time enough to tailor my product to the exact needs I had.

Great software for project planning. Easy to use to track time and status! 5*

Their staff is extremely knowledgable and they don't make you answer way too many questions in order to get started!

Pros

I really like that the reports can be emailed to users automatically and you can customize and build your own dashboard. I like the mobile views of iOS and all the interactive features. This is great software and I plan on continuing to use this!

Cons

To be honest, eveything has exceeded my expectations! I can't think of anything so far!

Excellent online platform. Attractive to small teams...

Pros

Fresh and smart design Easy to create a project and generate tasks Assigning roles and changing users' permission level is simple Great support team Improves and facilitate team collaboration Simple to customize the displays Able to create portfolios

Cons

No cons... This is an excellent online platform... I just wish it was translated into other languages

One of the most powerful project management tools I've ever used.

I can't get over easy integration is, and how many benefits I've gained from using this software. All of the things I always wanted but never found in other project management software is finally here.

Pros

WorkOtter was easy to use and implement into our existing workflow. My team instantly caught on and loved the software's features. They really hit the ground running!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons! So far, WorkOtter has been an amazing tool.

The first complete, easy and friendly Project Management software our Company has used.

The main purpose for why we decided to start using the system was because we noticed we needed a system to assist our team with projects planning and to monitor for completion while taking in consideration its overall resources, components, and stakeholders. Our CFO is extremely happy because now she can go over the financial on each project and do all the forecasting needed in a very easy way.

Pros

I really liked the ability to configure/customize the displays so you only see the information that's relevant for your Company without needs to go out to settings screens or long setups with support members. Also, I found great the possibility to link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage, a feature that always brought us issues with other systems we have used in the past.

Cons

Actually, according to the use we give to the software in the Company, I'd not have anything to say. I'll just mention even that the mobile version works great, some of the features are desktop only, but for us, this does not present an inconvenience.

Definitely "A" for efficiency

I like to use this software.

Pros

I like the very simple interface but have a lot of very relevant Project management features. You can try out resource planning on the fly and see a result of the planning real time. Management will be able to compare foretasted & actual hours. There is also a view where you can see the available resource and the resource that is full utilized.There is a dashboard that give you a full BI report of...

Cons

I would say the limited Language option & the features for mobile option is quite limited. I would like it to be more regional friendly and mobile friendly.

At last found the simple cost effective project management tool

User friendly , quick Project management tool

Pros

Dashboard : very user friendly.. all in one place. Click of a button , linked to all flows such as various projects, filters, estimates, Milestones, Resources, Staffing , Capacity planning. Program Management and Portfolio Options are a big plus in this software. Portfolio is like a Roadmap clearly showing start to finish and how the resources are consumed. For UI experience, Color coding making it very friendly. Reports Module - this has tons fo reports where we can see and select the desired reports. In summary, a perfect tool for Project manager, cost effective.

Cons

Amazing project management tool. Very interactive and easy to use.

Running a project has never been easier. Reporting is a breeze, and having the information ready for each Steering Committee meeting is an absolute pleasure.

Pros

Can get information at a touch of a button. Reporting and resource management has never been easier. Streamline of project status from an overall programme level is just so easy . Really enjoy having all the project management attributes in one application.

Cons

Executives are spoilt by all the bells and whistles. There is no where to hide the bodies and try to mitigate before anyone knows. Cloud being the only option is problematic, as some Executives like to have the information closer to home.

Unique Title Here - We Love WorkOtter

Pros

project, portfolio, and resource management doesn't have to be difficult (or expensive) with WorkOtter you can get started quickly , manage all types of project, and build/update your own reports.

Cons

Everything is a breeze in WorkOtter and the people are great.This software is very easy to work. work to be softly complete.

One of the Best Project Management System- Our Team Loved it!

Very good project management software with great support.

Pros

Workotter is an extremely effective platform for streamlining projects and workflow. The platform offers a variety of features including to-dos and milestones, which help large teams stay on top of deadlines. It also lets you choose which specific team members or groups should be included in each project or thread. We were able to see and arrange projects into a portfolio Team members were able to build their own dashboards and reports Interactive features such as charts This software is more easier to use than other project management softwares

Cons

Great product for managing projects

I really liked all of the options within each project, especially that you can view so many risk factors and that you can have them presented blatantly on your dashboard. This makes it easy for the people I assign projects too to see they have something due, as well as tells me if I need to intervene. I also really like how much information can be stored into the tool itself, and the ways you can manipulate information and easily export into many different ways is fantastic.

Pros

This is a fantastic project management tool. The ease of which you can manage your dashboard so you can see possible risks as soon as you sign in is perfect for making sure all projects run smoothly.

Cons

Sometimes getting from place to place can be confusing because there are so many options, but this is easily fixed with practice.

Very Satisfied PM

Work Otter has been a positive experience with a great support team to answer my questions.

Pros

Like most Project Managers, I've searched for many years for that sweet spot data sight picture. I've used MS Project, Excel, 365, Monday and so forth, but Work Otter is the closest I've come in having that perfect balance of command and control. My team and I are able to ustilize this data manager to effectively control our scope, schedule, costs.

Cons

It's hard for me to really find something I don't like about this product. I haven't had any glitches and it the data is easily understood.

Stanley Osei-Bonsu Review

The 20 years of experience of providing such services is clearly visible. The customer service is second to none and staff are on hand and assigned to help the client immediately to implement their expectations.

Pros

I was really ingrained with the new non-static visualisations. They provide a clearer insight into exactly the status of any given projects and its stats. Such a phenomenon greatly helps all stakeholders to make immediate critical business decisions with all relevant data in a motion view instead of static. Another feature I liked the most was the ability to see the resource workload especially in calculating how many hires are needed for each role. Such a tool is invaluable to guide any firm to achieve their future roles plans and even to aid employee performance reviews and incentives.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of things happening on the tabs which seems quite overwhelming. It suggests the software is complicated and will need an orientation over a few days to get to grip with us. I suggest the overall interface outlook be modified into an app icon like approach as seen with mobile apps.

Convenient team handling

Pros

Working with many people is a challenge, considering the complications on communication and sharing of ideas and Work Otter has helped a lot on this aspect. Our team found it easy to contribute and brainstorm by attaching documents and using dashboards, which have no capacity limitation. Collaboration of teams is automatized and they can keep up with each other's progress via portfolios time and status, saving searching time.

Cons

Our team members are from different places around the globe. Although all of them speak English, another language option would be a plus.

Simple and complete system, I highly recommend it.

Pros

If you're looking for a project management platform that doesn't require months of set up and data migration this should be your first option. When I first tried WorkOtter I needed a tool that my staff could understand and jump into it within a month. I had great support from the development team, they were really helpful and efficient. To make the transition easier I customized the displays to look a little bit more like our previous software and it was an awesome quick off... I found it helpful that I can also build my own dashboards and different reports to work with the team and easily present the progress and status on management meetings without having to "massage" the data for hours to have a clean, complete report.

Cons

It's a software I would gladly recommend to all of my clients!

It definitely helped me arrange all my projects in a portfolio, just the way I needed! I can easily communicate with my clients and give them a detailed rapport for each service that I provide. And finally, there is the amazing benefit of unlimited storage to keep all of my current and archived documentation in their cloud. Which is a life saver!

Pros

First of all, it has a super fast and super helpful support team that can guide you through every step and part of the system. So don't worry at all about possible unanswered questions. Also, the best thing is that you can start simple and then gradually learn and implement their advanced, out-of-the-box PM features.

Cons

Nothing crucial that I can think of. Perhaps I would recommend for them to start thinking about support in another language than English. At least French, German and Spanish. I have 2 German clients with larger companies that I'm sure will be delighted to have this system in their mother language. That's it. :)

Work Otter Makes Daily Tasks Easier

When we were first learning how to use the software the 30 day implementation plan was the absolute key to getting up and running. The Work Otter team was very helpful in guiding our team to understanding the different steps during our initial setup.

Pros

This software takes the guess work out of understanding what my supervisors are wanting done per task. The automated team collaboration is my life saver.

Cons

It took a little time for my co-workers and myself to get used to using it, but that had nothing to do with the software. Once we all knew how things worked we fell right into place quite rapidly.

I was able to start using this application quickly and was able to easily adapt it to my needs.

We needed a comprehensive, easy to use and adaptable project management application that various members of the organization could use and get up to speed on quickly. WorkOtter fit the bill quite well and has helped us manage a number of important projects.

Pros

This SW automates a lot of tasks and made me more productive in my day to day PM duties. It takes into account all aspects of project management (including status reports, risk assessment management, changes...), and it´s all within easy reach. It's easy to customize menus, columns, and other parts of the environment, and customize to different needs, whether you're a PM, business manager, or a user with assigned tasks. Their support team is really helpful and responsive and resolved the few issues that I had with the application.

Cons

I haven't had any issues so far, though it would be nice if it also supported Spanish (English is the only supported language).