Jackrabbit Gymnastics Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

Reviews by rating

Ease of use and access to data and reports help us to keep things organized and see what we are doing well, or need to do better. Great price for what you get.
I really like the notes tab and the new resource tab, an awesome feature to have. The client portal has got such positive feedback from our clients.
I like being able to email clients both individually and as part of a mass email blast. The Parent Portal is great; our parents love it.
No auto pay function and its difficult to keep up with payments.
I know I am missing some of the items I can utilize.
Some critiques, no way to allow for member discounts, and the family system is confusing for families without kids.

BP

Brittney P.

Physical therapist assistant

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Transcript

Brittney: Hi, I'm Brittney. I am a competitive gymnastics coach working in the sports industry and I...

MB

Mary B.

Owner

Great and keeps getting better

Transcript

Mary: Hello, my name is Mary and I'm an owner in the gymnastics industry, and I give Jackrabbit gymnastics...

ZB

Zoey B.

Gymnastics Unlimited Jackrabbit Review

Pros

JR helps with almost all of our customer management from enrollment, absence and makeup management, customer communication and of course almost all of our tuition collection.

Cons

Occasionally we look for a feature within the software that we wish existed to help sync how JR relates to both the running of our gym and how we operate with customers. When this isn't something that exists we need to adapt how we want to do things.

RW

Rett W.

Jackrabbit

Mostly positive. Any time I hear about an update I worry, because they roll them out too quickly and there have been many issues with updates not making our businesss easier- but rather harder.

Pros

Its pretty good with many features & myself and my staff are comfortable using it. The customer service is great.

Cons

There have been many significant rollouts/updates over the last few years that come too fast/too many close together, and that have been released before glitches were found. There have been times when these "updates" have cost my buisness money. I also do not like that they ask for ideas or feedback, but do not incorporate them. The attendance feature has needed an update for years!

MS

Madelyn S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Complicated and Arcane

Excellent customer service, always willing to help, but sometimes the solution to the issue or the desired function is just not available.

Pros

The best part about Jackrabbit is the fantastic, immediate, and readily available customer service.

Cons

Jackrabbit doesn't integrate classes and events calendar. We have to constantly look at two different views to manage our workflow and employee schedules. We have to create a Google calendar to keep it all in one view, which no one should have to do when paying for a top tier booking service like this. It's a major flaw.

CL

Christina L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

The system has been easy to use and families seem to be able to navigate it well.

Pros

We use Jackrabbit Class to help manage enrollment and tuition payments for a after school program. It's great to have all I need in one place.

Cons

When families come back and re-enroll in a new class year after year the system does not allow me to prompt families to update their information. For example when a family registers and say the student is in Kinder and they come back the next year unless the family chooses/remembers to update the information they will be listed as a Kinder unless I make the change internally.

HG

Hayli G.

MGC Kids jackrabbit user review

We love the people who work for jackrabbit. Jackrabbit works really well overall for our business.

Pros

We love all of the user-friendly features in jackrabbit. It makes it easy for us to help our customers and for them to take control of their own accounts in many ways.

Cons

We are really struggling with the current options to integrate texting. Twilio has been a nightmare to work with although the jackrabbit team has been wonderful in assisting us through the process.

AG

Aimee G.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

THE BEST~ The most features and great customer service!

Wonderful customer service and always innovative.

Pros

Jackrabbit has SO MANY features - and amazing customer service. I probably don't use all of the features they offer but very exceptional product. Been using them for over 10 years!

Cons

Not the least expensive but you get what you pay for!

JC

Julie C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Excellent class management user friendly and great time saver

Customer service is amazing!!!!! Such friendly and supportive staff.

Pros

All information and classes available in one secure location

Cons

If children enrolled in a class that is multiple days and different costs each day it does not calculate correctly when they have a day that falls on a holiday. Cannot select different costs for each day for one class.

BC

Bristee C.

Sports, 1-10 employees

We love Jackrabbit

Pros

We love that there are so many features and they are always implementing better features. They have wonderful customer service as well.

Cons

The thing I like least about jackrabbit is the fact that your monthly rate can change based off of numbers of students that become inactive and you have to constantly move people to the lead file.

TM

Tabby M.

Everything you need

I love the features and the immediate response and support that we get when there is a concern. I love the frequent updates, which shows how dedicated Jackrabbit is to their customer service.

Pros

Jackrabbit allows us to keep all the information with in a push of a button. The ability to make spread sheets to manage budgets, billing and enrollments. Everything in one tool

Cons

Hard to make or have trouble making group or grouping for email purposes, can only do it with a class or family.

KP

Kandy P.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit will grow on you and impress/ surprise you each season!

Jackrabbit is an excellent gym management tool! It has come a long way over the years of my usage. I started just as a reception/admin assistant user and now run the show. I am still learning tricks! lol…

Pros

Jackrabbit listens to their users and is constantly trying to make things better.

Cons

-More cost comes with more features that I wish we could implement.

DB

Diane B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit to the Rescue

The experience with Jackrabbit continues to be excellent.

Pros

I have used many software programs over the last 38 years. Once I made the decision to move to Jackrabbit in 2005 our lives changed. The transition from our previous software was flawless. The use of this software continues to be flawless today. It is a great feeling to awake each morning knowing Jackrabbit has been working for us all night. Seeing our new registrations and payments brings a smile to our faces. This software makes our clients happy and my staff very comfortable with such a trustworthy program. Thank you for helping our industry

Cons

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like about the 2005 versions. There were however functionally’s we felt could improve the software and jackrabbit has listened to its client suggestions and incorporated them. They continue to strive to improve their product and customer support.

NR

Nicole R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Jackrabbit for Sports Class Management

Taken as a whole, we believe Jackrabbit to be the best option for sports class management, and we have seen none better. I have been a Jackrabbit user for 11 years.

Pros

Jackrabbit is very robust. It does a lot and it does it very well. Automated payments and fee postings with complicated discount rule options is a HUGE time-saver. Love the staff portal and the parent portal- this also saves our front desk a LOT of time! Support is very detailed and quick! Reports are mostly well-handled. Overall we think Jackrabbit is the best on the market at this time.

Cons

Wish list to improve our experience with Jackrabbit: smoother and more complete app integration with the Mobile Inventor app, option for door access integration, which we would use for child care and the fitness facilities, better wording for adults registering themselves into adult-level classes, parents able to remove their children from waitlists in the portal, an online store option, and a REAL...

JR

Jacqueline R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best for a youth tuition program

Customer service is great. They are always available and always personable. They know their product, and are able to help navigate errors and suggestions for improvement.

Pros

Tracking Revenue, scheduling, payment processing for tuition, calendar features, employee management integrations.

Cons

It’s challenging to do both adult drop in type scheduling in addition to youth tuition scheduling. We had to adapt, and drop adults daily from classes to allow them to re-enroll each week. The system doesn’t automatically drop. “Weekly” classes that are ongoing, are harder to manage.

CM

Carol M.

Love Jackrabbit

LOVE it!

Pros

The use of ACH payments for my staff and our parents. Also, the parent portal is great!

Cons

Event enrollment. I would love if a customer could automatically sign up for multiple days. We use events for day camp and some students sign up for everyday all summer and it becomes annoying for either parents or our staff to have to enter them on each day.

CA

Cathy A.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Love Jack Rabbit and their Customer Service!!

I think its great. Every program has its pros and cons. JR is mostly pros.

Pros

I like that there are different ways, paths to what you need to get done. Like multiple ways to look up families, students etc.

Cons

when JR makes changes they tend to miss what gets affected in the long run.

JG

Jenee G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Adaptive , Expansive and Inexpensive

We basically could not run this part of our business without it. There are plenty of options, but I don't trust that they would be as stable and affordable as JackRabbit.

Pros

At this point we have nearly 10 years worth of data in there I believe (!) which is of course and invaluable resource. The platform has adapted to changing needs over the years and remains essentially the same cost it was when we first signed on nearly a decade ago - which is truly AMAZING and greatly appreciated (Mindbody will most DEFINITELY not stay the same price, in case you're wondering - they are a huge ripoff compared to JackRabbit!).

Cons

In our early years of use there did not seem to be enough flexibility for the wide variety of programming and price structures that we offer, and we stopped using it entirely for private lessons because it is too unwieldy for one offs/ anything that involves regular drop-ins (as opposed to long term enrollment). ALSO THE BUNNIES ARE CREEPY. Please consider an overhaul that eliminates the leering nature of said jackrabbits, especially gross after USAG's [SENSITIVE CONTENT] fiasco. PLEASE, they are unpleasant, the source of much mockery here in the office.

BL

Bethany L.

Music, 1-10 employees

Happy Inheritance

I am very happy with my experience with Jackrabbit. I have never been discouraged, and every time I don't know how to do something, I have always reached out for help and gotten help right away!

Pros

I inherited the jackrabbit software when I started this job 1 1/2 years ago. I have had to figure it out as I go along and I always have a lot of help available to me whenever I need it via chat or phone call. The guy in the office before me was trying to switch to another software company, but I talked my boss into letting me stay with Jackrabbit because I really like it. I like how it is evolving and how I can keep track of my hours and tuition payments. I like how easy it is to get a list of emails or addresses, how easy it is to create a statement for a parent.

Cons

I wouldn't say that there are aspects that are difficult to use, I think the worst thing (which really isn't a bad thing) is that there is so much that can be done with the software and I just sort of jumped into an ocean when I started this job instead of starting out on the edge of the water and easing myself in!

MA

Monica A.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit helped me to breath again.

Jackrabbit was a life-saver when I started using it 7 years ago. Their best practices helped to model our business procedures. They are always there for you to help you through questions and needs.

Pros

- Customer service and Technical help are FANTASTIC. They will do everything to help you. - They hear their customers, and they keep improving the software with the ideas and suggestions of all of us. - It has most of the features that I need to manage my school. - It is very flexible and works through settings that let you adjust it to your needs and preferences. - Price is fair.

Cons

As I keep growing I need few features that Jackrabbit has not incorporated yet, like gift cards administration, a more robust management of the Leads, be able to load more pictures to the students records, although I would not be surprised these features will be added later, as I know they evaluate all our suggestions of changes and use them to improve the software.

MB

Mary B.

Great and keeps getting better

I LOVE JACKRABBIT. Their customer service has been amazing to work with and they are knowledgeable in the industry. While I do wish there were a few more functions or changes, there is absolutely no way I am going any where else. They have been amazing.

Pros

Jackrabbit has allowed us to keep our business growing and going even when we cannot meet with our customers face to face. We are pleased that JR features allow us to communicate effectively with our customers, secure payments, and monitor our finances in one system.

Cons

Jackrabbit does not always fit to what our facility needs. You can put a ticket in for them to work on it but it has to be voted on and sometimes it gets overlooked.

FA

Flo Anne K.

Sports, 11-50 employees

A very good tool for managing all the different factors in an academy

It has been a journey but there are more features I discover almost daily. It took a definate dedication and a large amount of time to get set up to actually cover our business but we get a little deeper as we go. 1 year in and I still feel I haven’t even tapped the potential of how I could use this.

Pros

Customer data base and ability to track Lesson scheduling and makeup scheduling Very comprehensive program with huge Potential to adapt to one’s needs. Customer service and coaches are dedicated to helping you get the program working in your application even when it is a slightly off the rail application such as equestrian riding academy as opposed to gymnastics.

Cons

Onboarding was difficult for me. Non accountant. Inability to handle one time enrollment rd (private lesson.

NR

Nic R.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Fantastic. All issues I had or questions of functionality were quickly handled and rarely did anything come up. Great partner.

Pros

Ease of use and clarity of data. It is able to give me all the data I needed to manage the business and quickly manage classes, enrollment, payment, and handle parent questions.

Cons

Missed the ability to manage one time classes well.

AH

Alicia H.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Everything you need in one place!

Pros

Having our time card, class and event registration, attendance tracking and skill tracking all in one place has made a huge difference for not only our coaching staff but also for parents. Staff can log into their portal account complete their time card, input attendance, and update the skill tracking for each athlete without flipping through multiple apps. This has made sharing staff schedules, and keeping parents up to date with their athlete's progress more effective and less time consuming. Once it's set up things flow so smoothly!

Cons

As an administrative user it can be tricky walking parents through the registration and parent portal process as without setting up a person parent portal account the administrative side and parent portal side look very different.

DT

Diane T.

JR makes it easy for us to focus on the little things because it takes care of the big things!

Pros

JR is a complete system - it allows us to have customers enroll online day or night, track attendance, track student progress, and post and collect tuition and other fees easily. The financial tracking and reporting are the best in the industry - we are able to track revenue and match it to our quickbooks quickly and easily. Customer support is top notch - we are able to reach them in a variety of ways - via live chat, email, phone call or by setting up a consultation about a specific topic. Webinars and tutorials are also available. We have a complicated discounting system and JR handles it all. While there are always things to improve on such as prorating tuition upon enrollment from the parent portal - they are always working on ways to implement their clients need and want.

BB

Brie B.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Altadore Gymnastic Club Review

I have loved working with Jackrabbit after switching over from another platform. I look forward to more improvements in the future!

Pros

I love the customer service that Jackrabbit provides as well as it's user friendly platform.

Cons

I wish Jackrabbit had a more streamlined process for skill tracking and events. I also would love an option to restrict based on skill level and not just age/gender.

LA

Liz A.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Jackrabbit gymnastics

Using jackrabbit has made it so that I don’t have to hunt down payments every session. All of our parents know when the processing date is. All payments are done together. It also allows me to better prepare for how many kids we will have in the upcoming semester.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate. My staff learned how to use it quickly. The new “Notes” section is great... Now my staff and I can always be on the same page when talking with a parent about a bill.

Cons

I don’t like that the staff portal logs out so quickly. We often have students come in late and entering their attendance is time consuming since we have to log in again.