CloudBerry Backup Reviews

4.65/5 (115 reviews)

Edward Colton

The perfect solution for critical desktops

Reviewed 2018-05-31

Cost saving and fewer problems with critical desktop recovery and migration

Anonymous

Server Backup: The best and most flexible option despite some issues

Reviewed 2017-11-25

I'm focusing this review on the Server Backup edition of CB backup. It's incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options. It will work with just about any cloud provider that you might need, including Backblaze B2. The interface is pretty good , at least compared to the competition. It's got some quirky elements, but I've been able to figure out how to do most things pretty easily. Basically, if you want to choose your storage provider separately and are looking for a tool to access that storage, that can work with different providers and offers multiple backup sets, it seems like the best choice, at least in this price range. The server backup edition offers OS backup, system state backup and bare metal backup restore, which is really nice. I'm using it on WHS2011, where I've previously had to cobble together a mix of Windows server backup and 3rd party options. So far it looks like I'll be able to do it all with Cloudberry which is great, and in addition, combine local and cloud backup flexibly.

Stephen Gripkey

Fantastic backup program that allows even novices to take control of backups

Reviewed 2018-01-12

As someone who is not particularly tech-savvy and saw the demise of Crashplan for consumers, I have been very happy to discovery Cloudberry backup. Among other things, Cloudberry gives even home-users some control over backups. Being able to encrypt data on the client-side with strong encryption BEFORE uploading to the cloud, being able to choose among numerous options for cloud storage that are out there without being locked into and completely dependent upon just one service, and being able to fine-tune numerous options in a backup plan are only some of the pros. Cloudberry also has great customer support. They usually respond to support tickets within 24 hours or less. This has especially been handy given that I knew next to nothing about backup software and the various options before encountering Cloudberry. The Cloudberry support folks have been very informative and patient! The Cloudberry interface is also very functional. For a novice without a technical background, the many options can sometimes seem overwhelming, but Cloudberry has good support documentation online (and great tech support as mentioned above). Over time and through continued use, one comes to see how fluid the interface is. While doing internet research, I stumbled across Cloudberry through a recommendation on some Security Now podcasts that extolled Cloudberry's encryption structure. Further research suggested Cloudberry has a great reputation. The product lives up to it!

Hada Bencomo Ruiz

Excellent alternative for enterprise file backup

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Using this software has been a great benefit since we keep our information backed daily so that in the event of any server failure we will be calm, also because all the files that we upload to the cloud through this software are kept extremely secure by the encryption provided by it that someone can access them without our approval is really impossible and that gives us peace of mind to be able to focus on other activities.

Daniel Cauley

Ultimate MSP Backup Tool

Reviewed 2019-08-14

The biggest thing we noticed the ability to white label the product so out clients don't know where we can the software from, it makes it look like it is a in house solution.

Gabriel Munz

I'm using Cloudberry Backup Desktop Pro (Windows edition) and CB Exprorer Pro for years ...

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Perhaps the single available option up-to-date, to achieve the 1-2-3 backup strategy together with CLUOD-TO-CLOUD backup unification into a single bulk CLOUD storage account.

Anonymous

Cloudberry makes backing up to the cloud as easy as possible

Reviewed 2018-10-10

We've never had any problem with how Cloudberry works, and are very pleased with how easy it is to deploy and manage.

Marian Routh

Excellent backup software for saving to cloud and local. The only one I use for Windows.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

I know my clients' data is being backed up reliably. I use Cloudberry Lab Backup for clients locally and with AWS S3/Glacier. My clients are home users and small businesses.

Paul Buie

Not great, but not bad. It does fill a niche not not a lot of other vendors do.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Backup data to local or remote destinations, even at the same time.

Ben Moore

Easy access to a wider range of backup solutions

Reviewed 2019-10-06

Cloudberry gives us easy and uncomplicated access to cloud backup solutions usually only accessable through expensive contracts with IT management firms. By using Cloudberry in tandem with backblaze b2, we've reduced our offsite backup costs to 1/10th of the price.

William Avon, LUTCF, LACP, RSMFC, RFC

Simple Set it and Forget It Installation

Reviewed 2018-04-05

I need to run my business without being concerned that my backup data is secure and current. This software has allowed me a set it and forget it set up. Every so often I log into it and check the log files and it hasn't failed me. You can even set it to send you an email upon errors.

Stewart M.

Flexible replacement for Crashplan. Handles both local and cloud backups with ease.

Reviewed 2017-11-24

I really like the ability to select from so many storage providers. Pick the storage plan that has the pricing and features you need and use CloudBerry Backup to get your data there. I already have it setup to upload photos from four different PCs to Amazon Cloud Drive so my wife can easily view photos from all family members online. I also perform a local backup to a USB HDD attached to a PC. I was able to seed my own backups by attaching the drive to each PC in the house to create the initial backup. Then subsequent backups are run across the network. Took a short amount of time to figure everything out... not as easy as some that are out there... but once you get it down, it's not bad. The flexibility is definitely worth the learning curve. Setting up email notifications was easy and makes it handy to keep track of successful/failed jobs running on multiple computers. I'm still using the free trial, but this is definitely the software I'll be using to replace Crashplan.

Christopher Wise

Cloudberry Review

Reviewed 2019-06-12

Overall our experience has been good. Only one call to support has been needed and the resolved our issue quickly

Nathan Romano

There is backup, and there is cloudberry backup

Reviewed 2018-01-20

When you want to backup your information, computers, servers, NAS, and make it so that it is not that expensive, there is simply no better option out there.

Peter Taylor

Most reliable cloud backup for S3 / B2

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-09

I back up a personal Linux (UNRAID) server to BackBlaze B2. Using CloudBerry helps me save money on backup costs and add more control over my backups.

Dameon Welch-Abernathy

Pretty much set it and forget it

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Once you set it up, it pretty much just runs. Many, many different backup services and methods supported. Supports encryption before uploading to cloud.

Mukul Singh

Best backup solution in town !!

Reviewed 2017-07-12

I am able to backup my file servers and am able to very quickly and efficiently recover them in the event of an issue. I can also use the backup copy job to get my data off site.

Anonymous

Nice basic backup application with a lot of functionality

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Deployed this product to upload backups to Amazon aws and backplaze. It works as designed.

Anand Sharma

A better way to map your cloud storage as local drive.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

I use AWS S3 storage to store my scanned documents, it use to be a cumbersome job to sync the data through windows command prompt using amazon CLI. Finely after switching to cloudberry the backup and restore job has become much more easier and efficient. It also allows the files search effortlessly. I also allows to connect other cloud storage services.

Anonymous

Easy to use reliable backups

Reviewed 2018-04-11

We have been using Cloud Berry Backup for a couple of years now for both internal and client systems. It's always been easy to setup and maintain and got us out of some difficult spots! Support for BackBlaze B2 has also saved us a small fortune in storage costs.

Gary White

Great backups for the price

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Low cost Has all the functions of the big name brands Keeps evolving to add more features per user demand Hybrid onsite/offsite backup Can select from many, many offsite providers

Anonymous

We love the CloudBerry Managed Backup Service as we're able to brand it and get the support we need.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Excellent support. You always feel that the company has your back and are working hard to make sure issues are fixed.

Katherine Fernandez

Good tool for the use of backups and storage

Reviewed 2018-04-25

It is a very easy tool to use, its interface allows any user to access and control what they want to do. It has allowed me to create backup copies and store them in different destinations that I want, very good indeed, its free version is very good, has little restrictions

Anonymous

Does what it says it will do

Reviewed 2018-03-19

The speed of the program was a plus, as was the ease of use. Integrated better than I expected as well.

Anonymous

Easy to set up, easy to get going.

Reviewed 2017-12-15

The ability to backup to a local storage and then send it to the cloud for offline storage is very useful, especially for disaster recovery purposes. The ease of use to configure everything makes it so that even a novice can figure it out so you don't really need to contact support. Still, the online help makes it so that anyone can figure out their own solution if you're stuck. With a free trial period, anyone should be able to see if it fits your needs or not.

Chris Jones

Replaced CrashPlan with this

Reviewed 2018-02-14

* Every feature I could want * Reasonably easy to setup and use * Offers end-to-end encryption * Works very well with Amazon S3 and other storage services * Has very sophisticated file versioning to help mitigate ransomware * Priced well * Free version is quite feature packed

Eric Peterson

Cloudberry Backup : Fast And Reliable

Reviewed 2019-01-20

Cloudberry Backup is one of the most robust cloud backup solutions I've used. It's got a really impressive interface that is designed to make using the software easy. I especially like how backups are handled. You can perform real-time backup or schedule when backup should take place. I also like that cloudberry backup can be used with several different cloud providers. The fact that it can be used to prevent ransomware attack is really priceless.

Eric Paul

Cloudberry Backup

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Ability to backup locally and push those backups to cloud, especially low-cost cloud storage like AWS Glacier.

Craig Vaughn

Easy to get setup and working

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Backups to the cloud is the biggest benefit.

Matt Ingram

Pretty Cool

Reviewed 2018-08-28

It did its job very well. Cloud Berry makes great products.

Eran K.

Professional backup software with local and cloud support for home users

Reviewed 2017-09-25

I'm migrating from CrashPlan who cancelled their home users subscription level. CloudBerry Backup looks like the most robust software I could find that would allow me to backup to a cloud service at a reasonable cost and with a feature set that s more or less similar to the one I used and loved with CrashPlan.

Ken Monaghan

Good replacement for Crashplan

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Jesse McConnell, NCARB, AIA, LEED AP

Simple backup solution for a small business

Reviewed 2019-01-28

This software give me piece of mind knowing that our server data is backup into the cloud. Keeps the backup process simple.

Jason Capriotti

Great Cloud Backup Solution

Reviewed 2019-01-07

Overall this is a great tool for people that want to chose their cloud provider, and possibly use multiple storage solutions.

Doug Gritter

Excellent solution for small businesses

Reviewed 2018-02-21

Safe and secure data backup in the cloud.

Kevin Calder

Cloudberry does everything I need it to.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Unlike many other backup solutions I've tried for home use, Cloudberry allows you to backup from more or less anywhere to more or less anywhere you want. Other products I've struggled with have typically hamstrung my backup ambitions by only offering local to cloud (usually with a limited selection of providers) only, or local to mapped drive location but not UNC path, or vice versa, or from network locations but not to them etc. etc. and I've ended up cobbling solutions together with symlinks, scripts, multiple tools etc. Cloudberry has made it easy for me to setup my preferred 1-2-3 scheme with a single tool offering all of the bells and whistles you'd want, including universal encryption, compression and more.

Joseph Omollo

Nothing gives me the best feeling as the knowledge that my data is securely backed up to AWS cloud.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Very reliable high quality product with ability to back up information both locally and on the online platform, great value for money.

Igor Kuznetsov

Good and reliable solution. All functional we need (file servers, MS SQL databases).

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Daily backups of our critical data..

Jas Bangar

Ditched Acronis True Image Home. Started using Cloudberry Backup. Best decision I ever made.

Reviewed 2018-07-12

I was able to backup to any cloud provider I wanted to, and with better visibility of what is going on. I'm not locked into any vendor. I can backup to multiple cloud targets.

Nikolas Mataka

Full featured, easy to use and deploy

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Cloud backup for our MSP clients

Ian Hall

Works as described for both local and cloud backups.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

All my important files are backed up locally and to the cloud automatically.

Drew Dupont

Great solution for CP migration

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Migrating to a different solution due to CrashPlan for Home being discountinued. I am many friends, family, and charity/non-profits who depended on CP. Giving them an easy solution to continue their backup plans at a decent price is great.

Dennis Maina

Best software for backing up the company data and information

Reviewed 2018-05-25

There are no files misplaced or missing as all of them are backed up in real-time

DAVID IZADA RODRIGUEZ

It is the easiest product I ever tried for local and cloud backup

Reviewed 2018-02-15

I even noticed some references to bare metal backups and more features available in different versions. The Enterprise version looks very powerful. As I'm using this tool just for my home network, several of the higher-end features are just too much.

Lucy Jasper

Create backups easily with cloudberry Backup

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Cloudberry Backup is perfectly related to other backup management software. It also allows working simultaneously with other departments through its multi-user extension. It is a really practical software for quick backup creation business solutions.

Esteve Vilanova

Safety

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-15

I use it as a safety method for all my files to not loose them, and the program it is so effective in that purpose. it's a very flexible and useful tool.

Alejandro Assenza

Nice tool for keep your servers backups secure!

Reviewed 2018-06-26

-I keep my information backed

Jim Stewart

Support is crappy

Reviewed 2019-03-22

I use to like the ticket support of Cloudberry Labs. I have been a paid maintenance customer since 2013. In the maintenance plan they offer upgrades and support. Even though they enjoy my annual maintenance fees on 9 licenses they refuse to honor the upgrade clause in the agreement. I use to recommend the software and praise the support but in the past year it has went downhill fast. They don’t even read the issue in the support ticket and respond otherwise. I don’t not recommend them any more now based upon my real life experience now.

Anonymous

Wonderful backup utility with awesome cloud service compatibility!

Reviewed 2017-11-22

I can use it to backup to a file share or to Azure - or aws or pretty much any cloud storage provider. It's wonderful!

Samuel Figueroa

Cloudberry is a great tool if you have to manage several clouds and storage.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

This software is very useful if you usually have to handle with several clouds. Cloudberry lets you manage all your accounts in one place.

Petri Järvinen

Great tool for selective backup to own cloud storage

Reviewed 2018-10-24

We wanted to move away from our local network backup to cloud-based backup-solution to allow backups from remote-offices or on the go. CloudBerry gives us nice flexibility to get centralized backup wherever the users are.

Anonymous

A safe and secure way of creating a data archive.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Good backup software.

Ziver Koc

This is a great piece of software. Highly recommend it for a bit more tech-savvy person.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The possibility of backing up to multiple cloud storage providers and in so increasing the reliability of the backup as you are not dependent on one storage provider. Great price for what you get. The ability to choose what country your backup is uploaded to. LINUX client!

Lukasz Gruszka

Good backup solution for photos

Reviewed 2017-09-28

Thomas Blühmann

Great solution, simple handling

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Stable and secure backup

Anonymous

What cloudberry backup can not do, it's just incredible

Reviewed 2018-07-11

It has support for many platforms and you can do both local backup, in the cloud and cloud to cloud

Anonymous

Just installed today, and it is better than I imagined.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

This product has the capability to backup to the AWS cloud, which is more than I can say about some previously used software. It also has the ability to restore from backup to Amazon EC2. Even in the backup did not originate from there.

Cost effective cloud backup

Reviewed 2019-04-23

My company using this a lot in the SMB market for backing up single server environments.

Anonymous

great backup tool for your data

Reviewed 2018-04-12

- Easy to setup a backup plan - plans can be for backups to local drives, backups to cloud storage or hybrid backups. - Easy to understand UI. - Extensive options for configuration and tuning.

Joe Hakooz

Best automatic file backup service that you don't need to pay for monthly

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Many years ago I purchased CloudBerry Backup as a way to backup my files to AWS without paying a high monthly fee. I'm glad they seem to be doing great after all these years because the product has been rock solid. I've even upgraded a few times when I didn't HAVE to because they have been so helpful. CloudBerry saved me a few times so I'm a fan for sure.

Sebastian Elizondo

We are happy to evaluate CloudBerry as it totally meets our company needs

Reviewed 2017-07-13

The software is easy to use - smooth navigation and understandable instructions; the scalability is good and it has affordable pricing.

Duran Solomon

Great value for money and i couldnt be happier to have choosen this software

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Safe documents you can store away without any worries

Jorge Manzo

I have used this great product to backup information from unix to amazon s3, wonderfull

Reviewed 2018-02-02

a very quick start security define limits related to backup costs on amazon s3 runs very well on desktop and servers All the backup solutions needed for big companies with just one vendor

Julian Cini

Well designed UI, easy to set up a backup and replication to online storage

Reviewed 2017-09-30

Ease of installation and use, configurability. number of online storage provide options. Not many linux produscts are easy to set up.

Michael Richman

Great Software Easy to use. Very intuitive.

Reviewed 2017-12-17

This software has a very clean design and user interface that makes it easy to use for all users. It offers great compatibility for a large number of cloud service providers. It also, allows for Trust know one encryption for those cloud providers.

CloudBerryLab Backup

Reviewed 2019-05-06

Disaster recovery of data, versioning of files are one of the numerous advantages of the product.

Scott Hinckley

I can finally use my cloud storage for backups on all my platforms

Reviewed 2017-09-15

I get to store backups on the cloud of my choice (Azure in my case). Works on both windows and OSX (as well as other platforms I'm not using currently). Allows me to both compress and encrypt the data to reduce transfer & storage costs, and protect my data.

Marc Lehto

Good cloud backup product

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-08

I have used this for single-server small business cloud backup for a while now. It provides an inexpensive way to get a price conscience customer backed up to the cloud without having to do a drive rotation.

Dignnybeth Pérez

It is an excellent tool to backup information on your PC.

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-06-20

Although I have little to do with this type of software, I have tried CloudBerry and I have been delighted. As a product I find it easy to use and excellent performance, once you give the permissions to manage changes in the system the program practically works only. I have managed to back a number of files that had occupying space on my pc. I have been able to place my information on several devices and that has been great.

Everton Velho

Versatile Backup Solution

Reviewed 2019-06-10

I can backup to the cloud effortless. Now I'm protected against data loss.

Ryan Snyder

Great Functionality in a backup solution

Reviewed 2019-04-24

I have been using Cloudberry to backup my home network for sometime and will continue to do so.

Christian Bodington

easy to used

Reviewed 2018-02-08

works with many options to make backups, it is automatic, I can made backups every day.

Mark Wass

Reviewed 2019-01-20

Cloudberry complements native snapshot to perform backup on Cloud/S3 or on-prem

Great for Backup to NAS and Cloud

Reviewed 2018-12-07

This has saved the day when a Crypto Virus hits!

Opeyemi Olaniyi

cloudberry backup review

Used monthly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-26

Flexibility. Cloudberry backup, according to my own personal conviction seems to be flexible enough as as you are allowed to use several other cloud based back up services and this paints cloudberry in a good light,even better, it makes everyone sleep easy knowing fully well that they are not dealing with an uptight firm. Ransomeware detection. The ransomeware detection capability of cloudberry backup review is great, super great to say the least as a little change in encryption status triggers the backup service to ask for a manual confirmation before it goes ahead with the intended backup. The backup schedule is really great as you can instruct it to backup everytime a change is made.

Petya Mihaylova

I really like this software - I can use it while working with more than one storage and clouds.

Reviewed 2018-06-24

It helps me, while working with multiple cloud platforms and different storages. It is good and reliable.

Cheap Cloud Backups!

Reviewed 2019-03-12

We currently use CloudBerry with BackBlaze B2 as a cheap cloud backup system. The CloudBerry software itself is great for the price. The ability to restore a backup to an AWS EC2 instance is awesome.

James Bush

Seamless backup system.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Simple backup tool with good integration with Amazon storage.

Greg Shepherd

Crashplan alternative with many backend storage options

Reviewed 2017-09-25

Many options for where you can place your backup data. Cloudberry interface contains all the AWS S3 options I need including IA and encryption. Great scheduling options including realtime.

Arthur Frank

Greatest Backup Software for your pc

Reviewed 2019-02-04

The software is great, the prices are below other products and the Customer SUpport is very good

Daniel Duke

A very unique backup tool. Integrates with Autotask for ticketing, and Backblaze for storage.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Cheap, easy storage with Backblaze integration, and everything in one software bundle.

Decent Backup Interface

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-07

It does have the ability to run scheduled backups across quite a few different cloud based backup services. It will maintain file structure knowledge even against services that split files into multiple sectors.

Leandro De Bueno

awesome backup solution

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-11-13

Simple implementation and excellent support, robust.

Anonymous

Easy to use, has the features I need.

Reviewed 2018-02-05

* Had the features I need (cloud backup to Backblaze,real-time backup, encryption, compression) * Easy to install and use * Great price.

Chris Kade

We use CloudBerry to transmit our local backups to Backblaze B2 storage; very easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

This software works exactly as advertised. We were looking for something that would work with Backblaze B2 storage and this works perfectly.

Javier Sanchez

We think it's an amazing product, it's solved all our backup problems.

Reviewed 2017-06-15

If you combine Google Storage with CloudBerry you will have the best choice between price and quality.

Tom De Puysseleyr

User friendly product with loads op options

Reviewed 2018-03-28

It's user-friendly, installation was very easy, it has loads of options, and a lot of cloud based destinations to choose from.

Anonymous

overall good product. works as intended

Reviewed 2018-07-13

The cloudberry backup will backup to amazon s3/cloud storage and perform complete image backups so you can fire up the server in AWS if needed

Efficient File Backup, Simple Interface

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-05-07

No bells and whistles, no drastic software updates that necessitate sweeping re-training. It's easy to use and the interface makes using it a breeze.

Reece Crofts

Just Set And Forget

Reviewed 2017-12-15

Easy of backup and the massive amount of usable cloud storage utilities.

Piero Brioni

It's so good!

Reviewed 2018-02-16

I was looking for a product to make a secure copy of my backup data on the cloud and found it! Easy to use, quick, perfect I would say!

Silfrido Gomez

CloudBerry . The best backup

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-19

The ease of support with simple and practical language and the support of its encryption which gives me peace of mind.

Anonymous

The best I've used for server backup

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Very complete, comprehensive and flexible set of features. No need for training before usage.

Jon Weekes

Fair experience with a Mac

Reviewed 2018-07-27

It's very cheap to own on a mac. It works well with back blaze and it gets the job done.

Anonymous

Cloudberry backup is one of the best Backup software

Reviewed 2018-06-27

1. It helps to backup all the data and provides a one dashboard between Amazon S3, Azure and Google Cloud Storage. 2. Image based backup helps to make the backups and restore to any point so easily.

Diego Caravana

Reliable backup tool for macOS

Reviewed 2019-04-15

I tried different tools and CloudBerry Backup is the only one till now that satisfied my needs under every aspect.

Good cloud-backup application

Reviewed 2018-12-26

Very clean and easy to use interface. Solid product, we've never had any issues with it.

Andrew Welker

Easy to use with all the Features I am looking for

Reviewed 2017-10-11

I wanted a solution that can run my 3-2-1 backup setup since Crashplan is going out of the consumer market. CloudBerry fills the gap nicely.

Sahil Verma

Probably best software for cloud storage and protects our data virtually.

Reviewed 2018-07-30

I think this is the best software available in the market for cloud storage,usually it has all the formats like google cloud,Amazon cloud drive etc.So its always good to have plenty of choices whenever it comes to cloud storages.