MSP360 Backup

Managed cloud backup solution for MSPs and IT departments

MSP360 Backup Reviews

Pros

The software is great, the prices are below other products and the Customer SUpport is very good.

Arthur F.

Very reliable high quality product with ability to back up information both locally and on the online platform, great value for money.

Joseph O.

I like the simple backup, the ease of integration with other programs. Your storage reliability with encryption.

Silfrido G.

Cons

No way to search for a file in the entire backup set. Users are left alone dealing with the cloud service account setup and configuration options.

Eran K.

I have had some errors pop up on restore that made me change some settings. Had I not tested it and needed to restore, we would've been screwed.

Daniel H.

Ultimate MSP Backup Tool

The biggest thing we noticed the ability to white label the product so out clients don't know where we can the software from, it makes it look like it is a in house solution.

Pros

Most compatible and more customization than any other backup software, works with all storage providers on all OS with unlimited customization.

Cons

They got rid of their in house ransomware protection and now you have to install another piece of software on your servers to protection them from that.

Set It and Forget It Backup

I use MSP360 backup on all of the PCs in the house and to backup one of my elderly relative's PC. I'm also about to set it up for my Father for his backups. I backup to Wasabi storage (highly recommended) for cheap, fast, reliable backups for my entire household!

Pros

Basically once it's setup all I have to do is keep an eye on the email alerts for possible issues and it just works!

Cons

It does occasionally suffer from a few small bugs, but that's the beauty with MSP360; the support is awesome!

Reliable, cosy UI solution for home/small business backup

I spent a plenty of time comparing a lot of software, trying trial and free versions, looking for a solution that'd help me complete my home/small business/hobbyist backup. As a photographer I have to manage huge amount of image files with RAW data, these are quite bulky and ravenous in term of HDD space used, nevertheless quite important for me to save and have a backup of it. However, in most software...

Pros

I spent a plenty of time looking for a solution that'd help me complete my small business backup. In most software solution I've been testing I was hardly ever satisfied, and mostly about the speed of connection while backing up. Then, I ran across MSP360 software and had a good experience with it. I was happy about the speed and stability of bandwidth wile backing up.

Cons

Now I still use trial free version and plan to buy it as I have to backup more without limits of free version and it's all ok by this time it suits my needs completely

Support is crappy

I use to like the ticket support of Cloudberry Labs. I have been a paid maintenance customer since 2013. In the maintenance plan they offer upgrades and support. Even though they enjoy my annual maintenance fees on 9 licenses they refuse to honor the upgrade clause in the agreement. I use to recommend the software and praise the support but in the past year it has went downhill fast. They don’t even read the issue in the support ticket and respond otherwise. I don’t not recommend them any more now based upon my real life experience now.

Pros

Ease of use Ease of install Runs in background

Cons

Crappy support Annual fee required to keep upgraded Refuse to honor their maintenance agreements

Cloud backup for everybody

I tried this product over 2 months, it has so good UI and too easy to use for most of admins. It has built in remote desktop support tool. Strongly recommended.

Pros

It is easy to use and implement. You can create all type of backups also help your client via remote desktop.

Cons

It needs license for every type of backup sources separately. There is no on-premise solution, you have to use a machine as a gateway to reach your virtual environment.

Easy access to a wider range of backup solutions

Pros

Cloudberry gives us easy and uncomplicated access to cloud backup solutions usually only accessable through expensive contracts with IT management firms. By using Cloudberry in tandem with backblaze b2, we've reduced our offsite backup costs to 1/10th of the price.

Cons

The setup process is a bit clunky for people without experience but their team are more than happy to help if you get stuck!

Great for backing up locally and to cloud

Pros

Main reason we are using this software is ability to restore to cloud. In case of some sort of emergency when our physical location is not available, we can restore all of our VMs to Azure. We also back up locally to a NAS

Cons

It can be confusing setting up. I had to contact support many times to make sure I was doing it correctly and even now I'm not sure if i'm doing it all correctly but I know our backups can be restored. I have had some errors pop up on restore that made me change some settings. Had I not tested it and needed to restore, we would've been screwed

Simple Set it and Forget It Installation

I need to run my business without being concerned that my backup data is secure and current. This software has allowed me a set it and forget it set up. Every so often I log into it and check the log files and it hasn't failed me. You can even set it to send you an email upon errors.

Pros

The software was as simple as following the prompts to get rolling. I like that it has several destination options available to send the backups, that it allows for block back up, encryption, throttling as to not use computer memory or internet bandwidth during backups. You can select directories and exclude file types. It is pretty versatile.

Cons

I can not say I have any con's on this particular software program because the fee was even one time, not monthly or annual.

Cloudberry Review

Overall our experience has been good. Only one call to support has been needed and the resolved our issue quickly

Pros

Cost is the best in the business. Great product for a small msp to offer backup services for an affordable rate.

Cons

Speed of the backup. Cloudberry is about half as fast as acronis but for a much cheaper price.

Most reliable cloud backup for S3 / B2

I back up a personal Linux (UNRAID) server to BackBlaze B2. Using CloudBerry helps me save money on backup costs and add more control over my backups.

Pros

Tested several other Linux applications, including DIY, and found CloudBerry to be the most reliable for several reasons: - Backing up always worked. - Restoring went without a hitch. - Set it and forget it. - Automated notifications. - Low system memory usage, and allows customizing the threads. - Customizable backup schedules: some directories I do daily, others weekly, and semi-monthly full-backups of everything! - Support is only an e-mail away -- and they are quick to respond.

Cons

The interface could use some finesse. I ran in to an error message that was vague and unhelpful when configuring my initial backups, but I e-mailed support and literally within 24 hours was responded to. (In the end, the error was because I was using the application inside of a Docker container which was not properly configured for the permissions!) More granular controls of the network configuration would be helpful.

The perfect solution for critical desktops

Cost saving and fewer problems with critical desktop recovery and migration

Pros

I've been using Cloudberry products since 2012, initially various versions of Cloudberry Explorer, plus Cloudberry Server Backup for a client's web and development servers. I started using Cloudberry Desktop Backup for myself a couple of years ago, and am now implementing it for a client. They have a situation with critical data being split between desktops and servers, and an older backup system...

Cons

Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations. The user profile backup is a little misleading, since one of the major subfolders of a profile must be selected - i.e - Documents, Desktop, Downloads. Many recruiters tend to save and edit resumes in the downloads directory. It would be nice to have an option for documents, downloads, and desktop in one shot.

Hello and thanks for your review. >Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations. We have built a solution, specifically for these needs. It is called CloudBerry Managed Backup and will allow you to fully manage multiple installations. Check out: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/managed-backup.aspx

Server Backup: The best and most flexible option despite some issues

Pros

I'm focusing this review on the Server Backup edition of CB backup. It's incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options. It will work with just about any cloud provider that you might need, including Backblaze B2. The interface is pretty good , at least compared to the competition. It's got some quirky elements, but I've been able to figure out how to do most things pretty easily....

Cons

Backup version control could be improved. I've used crashplan in the past, which has abandoned its consumer market - but crashplan had excellent control of version saving so you could save more recent versions and less older versions - while always retaining some older backups in case you need to do a restore from an older period. Hopefully, CB will improve version control. Another issue for me...

Fantastic backup program that allows even novices to take control of backups

Pros

As someone who is not particularly tech-savvy and saw the demise of Crashplan for consumers, I have been very happy to discovery Cloudberry backup. Among other things, Cloudberry gives even home-users some control over backups. Being able to encrypt data on the client-side with strong encryption BEFORE uploading to the cloud, being able to choose among numerous options for cloud storage that are out...

Cons

In fairness to Cloudberry, their target customer is probably not a home-user with 0 technical background who has trouble programming his DVR. Clearly, the Cloudberry software is loaded with the sort of options that tech folks and businesses are going to be interested in. As a result, they are never going to be able to write the software as simply a "point and click" kind of thing. That said,...

Excellent alternative for enterprise file backup

Using this software has been a great benefit since we keep our information backed daily so that in the event of any server failure we will be calm, also because all the files that we upload to the cloud through this software are kept extremely secure by the encryption provided by it that someone can access them without our approval is really impossible and that gives us peace of mind to be able to focus on other activities.

Pros

I like this software because it has aspects that make it really efficient at the business level, such as the speed it has when creating backups, since it doesn't matter where the files to which the backup is being created come from, it is No matter the size, the speed is the same, it may be able to create non-repeated backups because it has a very versatile function, also provides its users with support for a variety of backup sources as well as the that images from platforms such as Amazon S3 can be restored and the best thing is that if you have any questions about this software your support team provides immediate attention, this is how I consider this software to be ideal for business-level support because it gives everything you need and It is very easy to use .

Cons

One of the disadvantages is that this software cannot be managed centrally, so it is not very easy to say that process, however, rather than something negative, I consider it something that could be implemented to facilitate its use even more.

I'm using Cloudberry Backup Desktop Pro (Windows edition) and CB Exprorer Pro for years ...

Perhaps the single available option up-to-date, to achieve the 1-2-3 backup strategy together with CLUOD-TO-CLOUD backup unification into a single bulk CLOUD storage account.

Pros

What I mostly like currently, is the CLOUD-TO-CLOUD option ... - As per my work I must deal with my customers cloud prefererences 8some omeones like Amazon S3, others BOX, Dropbox, Onedrive, GoogleDrive, Backblaze ... and so on. Then having a bucket shared on their respective accounts allows me to mirror their provided working files to my single account at Wasabi backup CLOUD storage service.

Cons

Cloudberry Backup still doesn't offer client side files encryption for Amazon S3 'compatible' providers like 'Wasabi' but I have not doubt that's already in their THINK-ABOUT or TO_DO list, >> Would be nice they could integrate 7-ZIP (not WinZIP) encryption as an additional file encryption option to the current AES one already available but for for Amazon S3, only.

Cloudberry makes backing up to the cloud as easy as possible

We've never had any problem with how Cloudberry works, and are very pleased with how easy it is to deploy and manage.

Pros

Unlike other backup software I've used -and reviewed as well- Cloudberry makes it a simple as can be. It can get a little complex when you enable some of the optional features, but they are worth trying. You can backup to mostly any public cloud repository and even locally to by different protocols like SMB, NFS, FTP. Most useful when user base is not centralized, but disperse in remote offices, home offices, on the road (Salespeople, consultants, etc). Licensing is very affordable and support is efficient.

Cons

Management can become a problem after a couple hundred devices, so some other product with centralized management might be better. Also, the lack of a centralized intelligence for the backup system means there's no way for global deduplication, so no storage optimization can be obtained. Anyway, this compensates with the use of cold-archive repositories in the public cloud. Anual licensing is not the most convenient, I'd like to see consumption based monthly licensing. I'd like a feature added to manage the cloud repositories -AWS which we use the most, and Azure- from the Cloudberry portal. Currently we need to manage separately.

Excellent backup software for saving to cloud and local. The only one I use for Windows.

I know my clients' data is being backed up reliably. I use Cloudberry Lab Backup for clients locally and with AWS S3/Glacier. My clients are home users and small businesses.

Pros

The gui is well-designed, there are plenty of options. The choice of cloud storage providers is huge. It's extremely reliable. I've used Cloudberry Lab Backup - free and paid - on clients' servers, desktops, laptops for years. Even when there was no free version the price was so reasonable, much more affordable than other backup programs. In combination with Cloudberry Explorer, you can't beat it. Unlike many other backup solutions, you can also save locally too. The best tool for Windows backup strategies.

Cons

You do have to be fairly technically proficient (which isn't necessarily bad for us tech providers since we have to make a living!) so it's unlikely a regular end user would be able to deal with it. I would like the free version to allow a bit more than 200GB - maybe 350GB - just so I don't worry that a client's backups would stop working since I'm not onsite IT. But the price for one desktop license is so reasonable that if I'm sure a client will need more I just buy one. I did try Cloudberry Lab Backup on the Mac and didn't like it as well as Arq, but that was a while ago. Really this is excellent software.

Not great, but not bad. It does fill a niche not not a lot of other vendors do.

Backup data to local or remote destinations, even at the same time.

Pros

It does a lot. Backs up to local storage, or any online storage you can imagine. Not many do that. And it works pretty well, but as with any backup software, there are occasional issues. Certainly not more than any other. It beats the pants off Backup Exec (I still can't believe people fork out so much for that, Cloudberry is a great replacement for Backup Exec). It is very reliable overall, rarely locks up or causes problems, and for backup software, that's saying something. I'm using it at several client locations to do local (NAS) and online backups.

Cons

Tech support is very slow to respond. They're answers are generally appropriate, but don't get in a hurry. Frequently I have to go back and forth to get an issue resolved. A tech sup phone would be very helpful.

No Cloud without CloudBerry

CloudBerry has been an essential component of our successful operations in AWS GovCloud. Hopefully, it will continue to deliver fantastic service now that it's owned by Microsoft. Thank you to the entire CloudBerry team for the assistance you've provided to us over the last seven years!

Pros

Since we moved into the AWS GovCloud seven years ago, we have relied on CloudBerry for daily backups of our MS SQL Server database and our Perforce codebase. CloudBerry has been FANTASTIC! Great price, but more importantly, completely dependable and worth every dime. Support has always been quick and effective.

Cons

I can't think of any issues that have been a problem.

Flexible replacement for Crashplan. Handles both local and cloud backups with ease.

Pros

I really like the ability to select from so many storage providers. Pick the storage plan that has the pricing and features you need and use CloudBerry Backup to get your data there. I already have it setup to upload photos from four different PCs to Amazon Cloud Drive so my wife can easily view photos from all family members online. I also perform a local backup to a USB HDD attached to a PC. I was...

Cons

Likely not very easy to learn for anyone that is not very technical. There is a lot more knowledge needed to set this up to work correctly when compared to some other online backup software (like Crashplan or Backblaze)... however, it does offer much more flexibility and choice compared to the others.

There is backup, and there is cloudberry backup

When you want to backup your information, computers, servers, NAS, and make it so that it is not that expensive, there is simply no better option out there.

Pros

I really don't know the story of this company, but it feels like they have been around forever, they absolutely know everything about backup!!! They are extremely good, one of the few that connects with backblaze b2, it is such a nice thing to work with them, their support exceeds every expectation... there is just not a single bad thing one can say about this company. Everything they do is smart and well thought out. And you have so many extras like webinars where they explain everything. You can't go wrong with them!

Cons

There is nothing not to like, even the price is awesome, the only issue is that you have to pay for the licenses upfront and only on a year per year basis. Which makes it a bit more expensive to get started, but that is about it. Everything else is awesome.

Cloud Backup

Pros

Is it easy to use and configure. You can run File-Level Backup and Virtual Machine Backup also which is a great advantage, you can cover your backup in different levels.

Cons

This has been a bad experience when I tried to recover for the first time in a real situation and I was not able to do it. I called the support and they just said that there was a bug in the system and it was not possible run the restore. I tried to recover 2 files from a VM backup and the support told me that I had to recover the whole VM which was totally crazy. That was one year ago, and I am still waiting for a solution. Since that time, I had to start running 2 different backup, one VM backup and one File-Level BAckup

Pretty much set it and forget it

Pros

Once you set it up, it pretty much just runs. Many, many different backup services and methods supported. Supports encryption before uploading to cloud.

Cons

The only real issue I've ever had with the product was how it dealt with failures (or rather, didn't) when backing up to a local SMB fileshare and there was an issue on the local disk. I eventually figure out what the issue was, but it would have been nice had the product provided a little more details about what was happening in this situation rather than saying it failed to back up particular files.

Best backup solution in town !!

I am able to backup my file servers and am able to very quickly and efficiently recover them in the event of an issue. I can also use the backup copy job to get my data off site.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to deploy. Outstanding support in case of rare issues. Features like integration with existing storage vendors, Restore as a VM in the Cloud (EC2, Azure VM), Image-based backup. The best solution to backup a SQL Database, a File Server, and a Microsoft Exchange Server. It is very easy to navigate and cloudberry explorer is just awesome and cost effective in upgrading annually. The dashboard is very clean and shows your tasks (either successful or failed). I strongly recommend this product.

Thank you, Mukul!

Nice basic backup application with a lot of functionality

Deployed this product to upload backups to Amazon aws and backplaze. It works as designed.

Pros

Easy to use. Very stable. Lots of features and functionality. Integrates with many cloud storage platforms. Has MSP management and re-branding capability.

Cons

Logging could be significantly improved. More information could be available online to help troubleshoot this product. Customer service could be easier to reach over the phone and could be slightly higher level support.