LastPass Reviews

User ratings

4.7

2.4K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

See full reviews by rating

GS

Goran S.

I love the ability to store all my passwords and other login information in one place. This is especially true for me because my organization requires frequent changes (for security reasons).

Super easy to use and you only need to remember one master password, that is a huge help. You can also use the strong recommended passwords because you don't have to memorize them or write them down.

SP

Sarah P.

I've had trouble with it logging me out for no apparent reason. Can be frustrating at times as you need to login to something quickly and this slows the process.

There is always the danger that the user will forget their are master password and that would render the software more than useless.

Bonnie C.

We're currently looking into switching because we've lost trust in Lastpass. Who knows what negative changes they'll make to their business practices in the future.

CG

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
+ 1

Microsoft Excel

Compare both
How would you rate LastPass?

2,441 reviews

CS

Cat S.

Director of Operations

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

LastPass is the last place for password!

Transcript

Catherine S.: My name is Catherine. I am the Director of Operations for a software development company,...

All you need for all your passwords, including peace of mind

Transcript

Jared H.: Hi, my name's Jared. I am a creative director and I give LastPass three out of five stars....

Excellent password manager

Lastpass is great for storing and managing passwords. Create new passwords that are strong and unique. I have had the bad experience that my data has been leaked because out of bad habit I used the same password in different accounts, I solve all this with Lastpass since it automatically creates a secure password for each account. In this way I am protected from possible data leaks or account theft. With this app I only have to learn one master password to manage all my accounts.

Pros

I like Lastpass, because I can have all my passwords for my personal accounts and enter only with my master password to my vault where all my accounts are stored, Lastpass offers many options in its free version that other password managers do not offer, such as the amount Unlimited passwords you can have. Lastpass is not only for saving passwords, but it offers a long list of different information that can be saved such as. Wi-Fi passwords, notes, credit cards, bank accounts, social security numbers, etc.

Cons

It works good on PC and Mas, but on mobile devices in some apps it doesn’t recognize the login and I have to copy and paste manually, it is the only point that should be improved.

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

Pros

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

Cons

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

Had to move from LastPass after business strategy changed

Pros

LastPass is an easy to use Password Manager. It generates secure passwords to be used during logins online and offline. It also offers mobile application and browsers extensions. While on a browser, the auto complete feature is very useful, since it identifies the website and the login form and automatically add username and password.

Cons

There are two main reasons that made me switch to other password managers: the lack of auto complete on Android devices and the change of business strategy. LastPass changed the free tier, in which the user can only use this software on one type of device (PC or Mobile). For using on both you need to pay for it. For mobile devices it has difficult to auto complete the login forms for when using a browser apps like Chrome. This is due to Android limitations but directly impacts on the user experience. In these cases it is common to copy passwords using the clipboard, which is not ideal, since other apps can read the content of it.

Easy and seemless

Pros

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

Cons

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Solid Password Management

Very satisfied with product and experience

Pros

Really like the ability to manage payment cards (and many other types of secure data) as well as login and account credentials

Cons

difficult to keep up with evolving login patterns on account sites

Everyone needs a Password manager

Working with a team means everyone needs access to sensitive data. If someone is unsecure, it can cause big security issues for our organization and our clients organisations. Also, coming up with new passwords takes time and energy. Generating a password makes sure you use a unique password within seconds. LastPass is a low cost and highly effective way to save of hours of repeating tasks, like updating a website or of online shopping.

Pros

LastPass is indispensable for our online business. We manage so many websites of our own and clienst, that it takes a lot of time to manually manage all the information . Saving lots of time and imporved safety are the most important reasons to use a Password manager.

Cons

After using another computer I have to enter the Master password again. Sometimes I wish I could easily add a trusted PC, although this is probably safer.

The best password manager (according to me)

Before using LastPass I had a password register on paper, and in order to have varied and safe passwords I'd have to type them in each time - safe but really not practical. Using the same password everywhere would have been practical but not safe, so LastPass was the perfect solution! Compared to it's competitors I'd say it probably ranks N1 in my evaluation, the free version is also enough if you don't use the phone app.

Pros

Lean and mean, it gets straight to the point, with no excessive features or interfaces. It's the perfect balance between practical and safe

Cons

The export function could really use an upgrade, when saving your data as text it does not format it, you get blocks of text that in case of use, need to be deciphered a little

Best Password manager across - iOS, Android, Windows, Mac

Great. Would recommend it.

Pros

-Daily user since past 3 years - Works all the time - Used it across Mac, Windows, Android - Used it across edge, chrome,Mozilla. - Easy setup in 5 minutes to create a profile on any new computer - Says security breach possibility - Easy to share with team.

Cons

- Multi-factor authentication is sometimes a pain - Even on entering the correct password, it sends login failed but sends an approval request to the email ( not intuitive until you figure out ) - The mobile app requires you to log in very frequently

Best software I ever purchased

Great experience, super support and easy to use.

Pros

Since I travel a lot and I never know how secure everything is going to be -- having my data and passwords protected is critical. Lastpass does this for me and I can rest easy.

Cons

I love it! I can't think of anything I don't like.

A software engineer's point of view on LastPass.

I use LastPass on a daily basis for personal use. It is my primary password manager.

Pros

LastPass was my next approach to a password manager. The previous programs I've used didn't encourage me to use this form. What I appreciate most is the ease of entering passwords and using them.

Cons

Unfortunately LastPass in the free version does not work on mobile devices which is a big downside for me.

Great password storage for the average adult

Pros

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised...

Cons

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

LastPass is great for those who always forget their passwords

Pros

I love that it is easy to set up and use. It usually automatically asks me if I want to add a login and password when I log into a site for the first time. It's really simple, and all you have to do is click on yes/ add. I don't have to go in and enter it manually, which is very nice. It also works across all my devices, I just log in to it and I can even use it while browsing on my smartphone. All...

Cons

The only CON that I have so far about LastPass is that sometimes it will put certain things in the wrong category when it organizes it for me. It doesn't;t happen every time, but every now and then. Like something should go into the "Social" category, but it will put it into the entertainment one instead. Sometimes it's annoying, but I can also move it if I need to.

Excellent password and profile management

I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

Pros

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

Cons

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

Pros

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

Cons

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

All your passwords secured and easy to access

In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

Pros

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

Easy to create, store and manage all your passwords in one place

Great - Improved my teams ability to share passwords securely and personally it has enabled me to have much stronger passwords for everything - personal and business. I just wish I could convince my Mum to use it!

Pros

The browser extension and mobile app just make Lastpass so easy to use. I love that I will never have to think of another strong password as long as I have access to Lastpass as the generator is great for this. Knowing my personal vault is completely secure, but that I can also add any password in to a shared folder to enable collaboration across a team is great. And there is no better feeling than only having to log in to one application and know that wherever I browse to if I have an account the credentials simply populate from Lastpass automatically.

Cons

I find provisioning users a little labour intensive - but that might be because I haven't ever looked to see if there is an easier way. And if you have a login page which asks for more than 2 credentials e.g. account name, user name and password... but as long as you put the account name in the secure notes of the password entry on last pass it's still easy to find.

Reliable password management. LastPass is on top of things.

I have a very positive experience. Using the tool for the first time was very intuitive, I didn't need any tutorials or help pages. I also never ran into technical issues and the LastPass team informs you of important changes and news from the 'online security' world. Very good customer service, I love how professional and customer-centered LastPass is.

Pros

What I like most about LastPass is how easy it is to quickly create secure passwords and manage them with a few clicks. The auto-saving of passwords is a nice feature as well, saving you a lot of time. I know LastPass uses the highest password encryption and security standards, that's why I rely on this tool. I've had too many issues in the past because I used bad passwords. With LastPass I know I'm using the right kind of passwords and I don't even need to remember them.

Cons

LastPass allows you to access the tool on one device as a free member. Since I use desktop more than mobile, I activated in on desktop. It would however be nice to be able to use LastPass (as free user) on both without having to choose. I understand it's part of the 'upgrade to get more' business model, but I'd love to see this.

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

My LastPass Password Keeper

Overall, between Logmeonce, nordpass, 1password, Password boss, and many more different programs you can use to protect your online credentials, i woul dhave to say LAstPass is in the top 5% range. It is very affordable, easily managed, easily accessible, and can be used on every device as one account.

Pros

I have had multiple different password keeper accounts in the past, none that amount to the complexity of LastPass. It can be downloaded onto your phone & onto your laptop so that when you switch from one to the other, it has all the passwords remembered right there for you. No more typing in your username and password every single day on every single account you want to access, it is all automated and done for you@!

Cons

I dont think there was anything i didnt like about it. I still use it to this day and i dont plan on veering away. There is even a free account that still allows you to connect all of your accounts, without any limitation.

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

Pros

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

Cons

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

Pros

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

Cons

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

The absolute best in password security

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

Cons

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

Pros

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

Cons

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

I wish it was better, but it does what's needed

LastPass has definitely helped our overall security posture, but it has so many design flaws that it is frustrating. I can't say I love the product, and it's pace of development is terrible, but it does do what we need it to - mostly. I wish they improved the administration panel and removed the poor design choices of having separate management areas.

Pros

We have a large distributed team and needed a product to improve security and allow for shared logins. LastPass does fill this need, and for the users that fully engage with the product it's invaluable. It's browser-based plugin its fairly simple to use and it doesn't require an installed application like 1Password does.

Cons

The product design is dated and different parts of the admin console are separated in a seemingly non-sensical way. Want to manage users? Go to the Admin Console. Want to manage Shared Folders? Oh, that's under your personal dashboard. We've had the product for over 2 years and while I imagine they have a substantial development team, product updates are slow or non-existent. I fear that since Logmein bought the company it has become a large bureaucracy and it shows in the product. Lastly, getting user adoption is difficult, and not much has changed on that front.