Samsara Logo

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

Samsara Reviews - Page 2

TP

Tina P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Run to ANY Other Company ASAP This is the worst company with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

This is THE WORST company I have ever worked with & I have been in business for over 25 years. There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICES at all. There is a call center that says they are customer service but are unable to help you. They are really a call center that forwards an email to someone else who says they will get back to you in 1 - 3 business days. I have had 2 issues in the last 11 months and the first...

Pros

This is great for in the minute tracking. Anything else is a pain in the fanny.

Cons

I find it very frustrating when I have to correct someone's log because once they logged off someone else jumped in their truck and it logged the original person back on. It counts as driving time and will not allow you to make changes so it saves a violation. The reports are impossible to obtain at one time. Noting is really user friendly. You have to have the manual with you when ever you need to do any thing or your lost.

ML

Mike L.

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 1,001-5,000 employees

Accurate Data, Full Control

From start to finish we have had complete support and control over what we want to see internally with dashboards and data.

Pros

How user friendly it is. Any changes can be made and that the user is in complete control.

Cons

Mass uploads can be tricky due to templates, but besides that it has been easy and awesome.

JL

Juan L.

Samsara Feedback

Beside the good platform, my biggest concern is the customer service and support, i have been trying for several days to contact my representative without results, FRUSTRATION !!!

Pros

Easy and reliable, also easy to understand to the drivers

Cons

Customer support, If you need help you will die trying to get someone from support to help you instead os help they overrun you with emails from 6 or 7 representative asking same thing at same time and make you loose track of the conversation, also, after 30 min or 1 hour they rush to hang up on you to keep going, poor knowledge from the team explaining you contracts breakdowns

EP

Elizabeth P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Samsara is the best ELD system for transportation!

Pros

Easy to plug and play both the ELD gateway and the camera. Customer service is great, always responds within the same business day. The customer portal is extremely user friendly with new features every month.

Cons

Billing is very difficult - multiple bills, not just one bill. Reports for personal conveyance and missing DVIR are not part of the standard reports as we found in Omnitracs XRS.

ag

andrea g.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Excellent Fleet Camera System!

The installation process was smooth and hassle-free, with excellent support from the customer service team. They guided us through every step, ensuring we maximized the system's capabilities. The real-time monitoring feature is incredibly useful, allowing us to keep track of our fleet's location and status at any given moment. The system's user-friendly interface makes it easy to review footage and...

Pros

We recently installed Samsara fleet camera system in all our vehicles, and the experience has been outstanding. The clarity and quality of the footage are top-notch, providing crystal-clear images both day and night. This has significantly enhanced our ability to monitor and ensure the safety of our drivers and vehicles.

Cons

Pricing is on the expensive side, but the payment plans definitely help.

TC

Tonya C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Best of Samsara

Pros

The use of Samsara has become our best friend when it comes to locating assets and drivers in real time day to day operations. Dash cams help you improve on the driver's behavior along with implementing the score cards for your fleet. Samsara has helped us improve with our fleet when it comes to monitoring speed and Driver behavior events. Reports help you vitalize the use of assets, drivers, Mills with geofences. Overall, Samsara is the #1 leading operation system for us.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that I least like

TK

Tamsen K.

6 yrs with Samsara

They have very good response time on their customer service and. My drivers are not waiting for hours to talk with somebody on a problem. If it's a problem that is not resolved immediately they are quick to move it up the food chain and get the problem or issue solved. The thing I am not happy with is talking to someone in a foreign country.. when I get someone with a heavy accent I usually hang up and start over and hope for a better outcome. I can't understand them they can't understand me.

Pros

The hotspot and electronic logging device makes it very easy for our drivers to connect to any vehicles. Our drivers do a lot of slips leading and are not assigned to a specific truck. How easy it was for our drivers to change over to samsara it was a very simplistic system for them to learn and they caught on very quickly. Very few driver complaints and when there is one it's resolved quickly.

Cons

The extensive amount of new things they bring into the program make it almost impossible to keep up. It can be overwhelming for a company that has only one staff member for the safety department. There are a lot of things they offer that you just do not even have time to learn or utilize. I would prefer to be a little more simplistic.

SE

Sheldon E.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Scammy company

Pros

They have some benefits, but I refuse to do business with companies like this. See review below

Cons

Company has poor customer service. We had 6 dashcams with them for 3 years and I wanted to cancel at the end of the contract. They have fine print in their contract that it will automatically renew at end of three years and you have to let them know 30 days in advance to cancel the renewal. I left them know at end and they refuse to refund me the entire next year charge. I would easily agree to pay...

Sheldon, we're very sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Our Support team has located your account and we can confirm that they have reached out to you directly to resolve your issue.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Be cautious signing a contract with Samsara

After 3 years I am attempting to cancel my account which they make nearly impossible.

Pros

Seeing where my fleet is works. All other features that they offer are bothersome to your drivers.

Cons

If you are a growing company be cautious signing a contract with them. If any of your fleet is going to be idle for more than 1-2 weeks expect endless vehicle dead batteries because the samsara device has high parasitic battery draws. Customer service is an endless loop of passing you around until they close your ticket without a resolution. Your customer rep will change endlessly and you will be left...

We're sorry to hear you're having these experiences and want to get in touch with you to better investigate what issues you may be experiencing. Can you provide your contact info through kb.samsara.com? Our team will get in touch with you and help get this sorted.

DB

Dillon B.

Samsara review

Overall samsara does work well for dispatch logistics/ log management.

Pros

Api available to our maintenance system is the biggest pro to this system

Cons

They need more APIs to multiple Canadian fleet fuel cards, Petro Canada for example. Their prices are very high as well, I can understand the cost of the gateway but cameras should be bundled with gateways for less. Also non-powered asset gateways should cost way less than they do for just location tracking. Logs are the main reason companies have to use this software Since the mandates by the government...

JN

Jonathan N.

Frontier

We originally switched our dashcams to the Samsara Dashcam as our prior providers product was having issues being connected and recording when it was needed. The switch was easy and the product was excellent, through that we were able to get a preview of the other features available from Samsara. When we decided to make the switch for all of our telematics it was easy and straightforward. I was surprised at how effortless it was to connect our TMS software to Samsara.

Pros

The ease of use for both the driver and for the operations team is what stands out the most. Our drivers were able to pickup and use the Samsara ELD with little to no training as it is very intuitive.

Cons

I would like some more integration options with 3rd party vendors that integrate directly into the driver app and not require another app to operate (Navigation, scale/toll bypass).

JF

Julia F.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Buyer beware

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware. I had canceled my contract and purchased another system. The company was very clear that the contract would not renew. Low and behold, they automatically renewed it and are giving me the run around. Also, they double billed me in 2020 and I had to fight tooth and nail to have them credit my account. I was also sent and billed for a device...

Pros

Easy to install Provides GPS tracking but not as detailed or accurate of other companies.

Cons

Doesn't work in Chrome. Had to spend hours with customer service, renewing Chrome, logging on to different devices and browsers to no avail. So I could only track some NOT all of my fleet. This went on for months and I was never given a credit.

VP

Vincent P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Stay Away Horrible Unethical Company that Just wants your Money

HORRIBLE, we left our previous ELD company due to awful service and unethical treatment as a customer. Samsara promised to be a good business partner and has done nothing but fall short. Do your self a favor look else where for companies that Value your business and WANT to work with you. Keep in mind this company like many others will lock you into an additional contract period (3 more years) at the end of your first one if you do not provide notice.

Pros

The Product is somewhat simple and not to hard to use however the app will put drivers on duty when they take them off duty. Making edits in the driver reports is annoying and more time consuming than necessary due to needing to leave a remark for every edit.

Cons

The most disgusting part about this software is the team behind it. DO NOT purchase this software. This is a money grabbing company that will use contracts and unethical tactics to take your money. This company will NOT work with you or be a good business partner. I have a Fleet that I currently am building up. Initially we signed a contract for the starting 8 devices we needed. I purchased another...

BV

Bruce V.

Great Asset

Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

Pros

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

Cons

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app. Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

NS

Nicholas S.

Samsara Review

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

SS

Sierra S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Our contract with your company started at the end of March 2019 and our dashboard turned off October 2019. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE PAID FOR FULL YEAR OF SERVICE ON MY DEVICES. We had to keep Verizon connect active and ongoing while we waited for your installation. Installation crews never could get them installed correctly . We were told that this system would alert for distracted driving, if there was...

Pros

THE FALSE ADVERTISING the idea of what the company and their equipment would do . I could integrate to our company software ( which our software people got done on our side) Samsara never did their part to run logs to see if it was working.

Cons

The coaching features do not work as advertised. Heat from your windshield will interfere with its performance entirely, promise of future equipment being developed which never came to be available. switch sales tactics, poor customer service,

ES

Erika S.

Easy ELD program

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

AL

Andres L.

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

Cons

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

PE

Patrick E.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Pros

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

Cons

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

BS

Benjy S.

Samsara Journey

Samsara has helped us with our safety bonus program, safety scores and increase fuel economy across the fleet.

Pros

Easy to grasp and continued improvements!

Cons

Nothing with Samsara but our TMS provider took a very long time to integrate.

BJ

Brandon J.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Has Potential

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

MB

Mike B.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Review 6/4/24

Pros

I like Samsara GPS tracking because it provides real-time visibility into my fleet's location and performance, helping me to optimize routes and reduce fuel costs.

Cons

"I appreciate the value that Samsara GPS tracking offers, despite its cost. The investment is justified by the extensive features and benefits it provides, including real-time tracking, detailed analytics, and enhanced operational efficiency. While the initial setup and subscription fees might seem high, the long-term savings from optimized routes, reduced fuel consumption, and improved fleet management make it a worthwhile expenditure. Additionally, the support and reliability of Samsara's hardware and software ensure a solid return on investment."

Christopher K.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

DL

Dan L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Samsara ELD

Pros

Simplicity of the in cab system makes it easy for use for any Driver

Cons

I have no complaints about Samsara at all

CB

Curt B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

I find the ease of use good for monthly audits

Overall, in the capacity that I use it, I am happy with it and hope the company stays with Samsara. Again, I audit 20 to 30 logs and that is the extent of my use, but I am happy with what I have.

Pros

I find the ease of use good for monthly audits. I do not own the Samsara product I use. I have full login credentials as a contract safety rep. I only do monthly and spot audits but find the accuracy and ease good. Once I learned the system, audits can be done relatively quick and systematically. Other programs seem to require redundant actions to do the same thin.

Cons

I do not see the driver's end of it, but it seems there be some features that would make it mandatory to fill some fields or alerts that the driver did not add a shipping doc or trailer #. Or most common issues.