WebSell Logo

WebSell

All-in-one ecommerce for your brick-and-mortar business

WebSell Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.07/10

Reviews by rating

Support is good would be nice to have one in Is time zone. Every person i have dealt with has been very pleasant.
NitroSell has been wonderful to work with. If there is a question or concern, they have a team of highly qualified individuals to help troubleshoot.
The only cons were being in Canada, our payment processing options were somewhat limited.

David C.

Good experience

Great functionality, excellent customer service

Pros

Great to have web site sync with point-of-sale for inventory management

Cons

Move toward selling add-on features, making best product more expensive

Hi David, Thank you for the kind review. Syncing between POS and ecommerce sites is what we do best! Delighted to hear you've had such fantastic interactions with our support teams. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

WP

Will P.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Nitrosell does a great job for our online wine and Spirits store

Going on 6 years now, I'm overall pleased with how nitrosell has helped our small business get a great online presence.

Pros

Its easy to implement and manage. When help is needed, NItrosell's team is there to assist and get things implemented or fixed.

Cons

Like anything, there are limits to what can be done. We'd love to be able to track an order and send notifications to customers more easily.

Hi Will, It's been a pleasure working with you over the years. We're delighted that we were able to help you grow your online business. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

BK

Brandon K.

Cash Register Express Integration

Overall, I am pleased with the software but think it has a long way to go. I have faced many challenges but the people in the company have all done their best to address any issues. I believe all software systems have flaws but also believe that Nitrosell does try to get better overall to eliminate them.

Pros

I like the fact that this product integrates with my current POS system - the set up of products is fairly easy and quick if you are a business that already inputs your data into your POS system.

Cons

I don't like how the support is handled, it uses a ticket system when you have issues instead of a call in system. Also, I don't like the checkout page options that are offered, I feel that Nitrosell needs to update the checkout page and make it more user friendly and custom. I am in the delivery business and the section for adding tips for the delivery drivers is not the best. It needs to have suggested tip increments and better functioning.

Hi Brandon, Thank you for your review and feedback. We use a ticket system so it's easier to keep track of issues and have multiple people working on items. However, we do have a call system and the number is +1 (888) 906 0639 if you want to reach our support team. We are also about to release our updated site templates which also feature a revised checkout function and have more options for customization. I will have someone from our team reach out to you to discuss new checkout options. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

fg

fiona g.

Photography, 1-10 employees

A Happy customer

Pros

Websell's ecommerce platform melds perfectly with our till system so while we are dealing with two different companies, both are familiar with each other and the 'isms' which is particularly helpful when I get lost.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that bothers me about the software. I am on a learning curve with it continually.

Hi Fiona, Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our tight integration between the Point of Sale system and our e-commerce platform. That also means we always have close relationships with the company that provides your in-store POS system. Thanks, Team WebSell

MC

Milan C.

PV Euro Market and NitroSell

Overall experience has been great.

Pros

Competitive pricing, feature packed, easy to use, great support.

Cons

Software is glitchy at times, but support is always there to solve any issues.

Hi Milan, Glad to hear you decided to go with NitroSell and that you've had such great experiences with our support team. We wish you continued success in your ecommerce journey. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

EA

Emma A.

Great for integrated e-commerce

We have used websell (previously Nitrosell) for the last 14 years due to its integration with POS software - perfect for a bricks and mortar store. This allows us to run an efficient operation as we can amalgamate orders across all platforms (in store, telephone and internet) for the most efficient picking and packing and the best customer service. Over the years the platform has allowed us to easily and successfully expand our online inventory and grow our web presence. Our webstore is google friendly and has a modern light feel as well as a great checkout. We are overall happy with the offering from websell and would recommend to anyone with a B&M store wanting POS integration to their website.

Pros

Our webstore is light and fast and the up time is pretty reliable. Our customers like seeing live stock levels on our webstore which is due to the integration with POS. The data management tool called PAM is fast and easy to use and easily outperforms spreadsheet apps for manipulating large scale data. The support team are consummate professionals.

Cons

They don't tell us about new functionality that they develop. We have to wait ages for development work and/or bug fixes(many months, even 1 year+) unless prepared to pay a daily rate. The user forum was disbanded a few years ago which is a shame as we could upvote change requests from other people and also crowd fund dev work. Very significant increases in monthly charges over the last 2 years with no change in service received, and lack of a transparent pricing policy.

Hi Emma, Thank you for your review. We're delighted you've had such a great experience using the platform. We love the work of our support team too! We're continuing to improve at communicating new functionality to our customers. Look out for new videos and webinars on new features in the future. We have also replaced the forum with a Help Center where users can search for articles related to their query at help.websell.io. We are continuing to add articles and guides there daily. Thanks, Team WebSell

QD

Q Doh P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Nitrosell integrated with Retail Management Hero (RMH)

Overall, the software has a lot of potential, functions, and compatibility with POS system. Reasonable price and addable features.

Pros

The fact that I can integrated the website with the POS software (RMS, RMH) This makes the inventory management very easy. You can utilize a lot of POS features on the web. Discount, Price change, promotion etc.

Cons

Need some time to learn how to use the software well. The support team are very helpful. But, they are in a different time zone. So, usually, it takes one day to askt and another day to get an answer.

Hi Q Doh, Thank you for your review. We're glad you've found everything you need with NitroSell so far. We are always working to expand our offering further and we hope that you can scale your business as you'd like with us. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

MH

Marianne H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Websell

We really like Websell. I have been able to manage most things myself. When I cannot figure out a problem, the techs are very helpful. We once had a webstore that was not connected to our POS and that was very difficult to manage.

Pros

The most helpful thing about Websell is that it was already integrated with our existing point of sale system. The web orders come into our POS and all inventory is controlled in the POS. So great!!

Cons

Our customers have problems getting their orders to process when they have a PO Box as their address. This happens too often.

Hi Marianne, Thank you for the review. Integration is what we do best and we're glad it has made your e-commerce journey a little easier. Thanks, Team WebSell

JH

John H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Good at the beginning, but functionality declines with time.

The initial integration with Nitrosell/WebSell was easy as we used a compatible ePOS, RMH. Support queries were answered quickly.However, as time as gone by we have realised that the company will not upgrade functionality to the market standard (inspite of a stiff monthly fee) without further spend. If this had been made clear at the beginning there is no way on God’s Clean Earth I would have gone with WebSell.Effectively the user experience degrades with the passage of time as larger e-commerce retailers can afford to fork out for the upgrades. We pay 2640 GBP annually and get support when we need it (which is less and less as it is a mature site) but requests for basic improvements in indexing, cart, checkouts and search come with a price tag we can’t afford.

Pros

Seamless integration with our ePOS (RMH).

Cons

The expense and that it doesn’t upgrade unless you pay on top of the monthly fee.

SD

Shelly D.

Integrates with Inventory software

The setup was not too bad. We had an awesome person we worked with by phone.

Pros

The most convenient feature for us is that the website integrates with our Inventory software. I don't have time to manually adjust pricing and inventory levels. I really like the PAM Software application that goes with the website software.

Cons

It would be nice to have a refresher course about a year after starting with this web interface. I'm sure there are features we are not utilizing.

Hi Shelly, Thanks for the great review. We're glad you like our Product Attribution Manager (PAM) software. It was purpose-built to be used easily by retailers like you. I can have our specialist reach out to you about a refresher course in using our software and services. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

JC

Jason C.

Sports, 501-1,000 employees

Nitrosell Customer Service is A++ Integration with more POS systems needs some improvement

Overall I have been working with Nitrosell for 14+ years and its been great! Over 14 years there are a lot of hurdles and changes and we have worked through them together. I am happy to be with Nitrosell.

Pros

I like the simplicity and easy to use aspect. I like that Nitrosell teaches you how to run it and I have control to do what I need to without always having to ask for help. I think Nitorsell has A++ customer service and is always great to talk to when a problem comes up.

Cons

I loved how integrated Nitrosell was with RMS and I moved to Retail Pro v9 and it was less integrated and a bit more clunky but we worked through some growing pains and it has been working good since. I still don't think it is quite as integrated as it was with RMS and I miss that but I won't know any different if I had only had Retail Pro the whole time. I also feel at times development is a bit slow,...

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review and feedback. We're delighted that you've been with NitroSell for so long! It's been great working with you for over 14 years. It's also encouraging that you switched POS systems with us successfully and maintained normal retail operations. For custom development projects we take the time to ensure that when we create a new feature, it will work in all possible circumstances. As a result we do a lot of testing before we consider new features as finished. While this might result in a longer development time, it ensures we stick to our core mission of delivering a quality ecommerce product. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

GC

Gareth C.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Excellent Cross-Platform Ecommerce Solution

We have had a very position experience with Nitrosell over the last two years, despite some quite complex custom development being necessary to realise our ambitions (most of which has been added to the whole platform for every user to take advantage of due to Nitrosell's collaborative model). The whole team seem to have the best (commercial) interest of their clients as their top priority - they are quick to respond on even the smallest support queries (and very quick to resolve our one mission critical failure so far, which occurred as a result of something completely out of both our control and theirs).

Pros

When talking to the Nitrosell Team you can tell they inherently understand the system they have built, that they are constantly working to make it better, and that there are no sacred cows if priorities change or a better way to accomplish something is discovered. The sheer power and flexibility of the platform is a huge boon compared to our previous website, where even the simplest function or format...

Cons

The online management tools are very well designed, but most attribute management for products is accomplished by a desktop application called PAM (because those details are largely stored locally, and only sync'd up to the website when the product is made available online), which by Nitrosell's own admission lacks the UI flair. It is a stable and powerful data-entry tool, particularly when batch-editing a number of products, but can be tedious when entering filtering variables or description fields individually product-by-product within cells of the grid.

Hi Gareth, Thank you for the detailed review. We're glad you've had a very positive experience using our platform. We're always working to make improvements to our product and your comments will help us to continue to develop. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

PO

Paul O.

Paul O Connor Shoes

Apart from the limit on the number of characters on the product description, we find it an excellent system, and there ecommerce marketing assistance is a real bonus, especially driving sales through the website

Pros

Once the initial training was provided, we found it very easy to use

Cons

There is a limit on the number of characters that can be used on initial product description of 26 characters

Hi Paul, Thank you for your review. We're glad we've made your e-commerce journey as easy as possible. I will pass your feedback on the product descriptions on to our team. Kind regards, Team WebSell

AG

Antonio G.

Mission Fine Wines Review

We never have to really worry about any issues with our website because I know that whenever we encounter a problem, it will likely be solved within a few hours.

Pros

Relatively simple to use once you understand the platform. Customer support has always been helpful and responsive.

Cons

Lots of added and expensive fees if we ever need something done within our website, this is holding us back from revamping and modernizing it more which we would like to do ideally.

Hi Antonio, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you've had some great interactions with our customer support team. As we are a small team with a unique product, customizations do require extra fee to cover the cost of development. Our internal sales and success team would be glad to speak to you about your specific needs and goals. Kind regards, Team WebSell

YG

Yitzi G.

Its our whole business

Pleasant. Nitrosell is overall a good company and looks to help you succeed.

Pros

Nitrollsell allows us to seamlessly use our pos system onto the www. Anyone considering going online must have qn integrated system and nitrosell is a fantastic choice.

Cons

Although customer service is great they can he hard to reach and there is no phone support. Also you can't integrate features you'll see on other sites like shopify unless you pay for it.

Hi Yitzi, Delighted to hear from you! Pleased to hear our integrated ecommerce solution has saved you some headaches. As our platform isn't open source, all features must be developed by our team. As a result, we need to charge for these new features to ensure we provide an excellent product. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

DS

Darren S.

Basic

It basic for a startup but long term it is not sustainable.

Pros

Its straight forward, can be used easily through POS systems.

Cons

Lacks some of the basic features that all of their competitors have in abundance such as the ability to download and print a combined pick list for all orders instead of individual pick lists for all orders. The interface for generating products is not user friendly and having simple buttons like turn off/on are titled true or false for some reason? Other platforms like magento, magico and even shopify are much more advanced.

Hi Darren, Thanks for the review. We're glad you've found WebSell easy to use. We are an integrated e-commerce platform and thus have unique features that other un-integrated platforms, like the ones you've mentioned, don't have. We can also build features for clients that want to add custom functionality to their webstore, so we are always happy to hear what customers would like to add to WebSell. We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working to make our user interface more user-friendly. Kind regards, Team WebSell

ZV

Zack V.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

The Vintner Vault WebSell Review

Ease of use of the actual website is nice. Everything else listed in the cons makes it overall a rough experience.

Pros

Security, look, and versatility of the search feature on the website.

Cons

LOSING SALES with the poor quality of PAM and inaccuracy of adding weight and dimensions for the shipping. Never have I used a website personally where a company has to call saying that the shipping quote is different than what the website says. Also the monthly rate has increased so much in the 2 years of using your services that we would have considered other alternatives before using NitroSell/WebSell.

MF

Matt F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Nitrosell has helped grow my business

Pros

Nitrosell offers Multi Channels to sell our products. Online, Amazon, Ebay and Brick & Mortar Great Customer Service Knowledgeable Support SEO and SEM and Social Media Marketing services are available

Cons

Monthly fees can add up if you are utilizing many or all of Nitrosell's services but the benefits should outweigh the expenses as long as you give it enough time to let their services work.

Hi Matt, Thanks for the review! We're glad you've enjoyed using NitroSell and we look forward to continuing to work together to grow your business. Thanks, NitroSell

MO

Melanie O.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

An amazingly affordable eCommerce platform

Pros

The ease in which we were able to create a customizable eCommerce site for our Gift Shop. What we didn't know when we purchase this software, was what a benefit this would be to our customers during an unprecedented pandemic.

Cons

There is really nothing we didn't like once we learned how to best utilize the software.

Hi Melanie, Thank you for the kind review. We're glad you've enjoyed your experience using our platform and that's it helped your business and customers negotiate a difficult time for everyone. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

SH

Stephen H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great software and excellent team

Pros

Out of the box, it had many of the features we were looking for but also many features we didn't even think of. Team is always willing to answer any questions. New features are constantly being rolled out.

Cons

Although help files are available, it can be occasionally be difficult finding the right file on your own. Although most will probably be able to use the product with minimal effort, it may be more difficult for those who are not as technologically savvy.

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your review. Nice to hear we have more than enough features to meet your ecommerce needs. We will continue to add new features to NitroSell as we grow alongside our retailers. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

DD

Dan D.

South Side Comics

Pros

Management is very easy once the user learns the processes. PAM is incredibly useful and Synch is fast. Marketing management is very useful.

Cons

The cost was tripled in one year. Websell should provide the shipping, not require 3rd party. Websell also needs an APP. The mobile website is good, but sizing is problematic at times.

jc

joe c.

Excellent Product & Support

WebSell help us bring our brick and mortar to an online store easily and timely.

Pros

Integration to our POS System. Ease of integration and startup. Support.

Cons

Because of geography; sometimes there is a delay in response from a service ticket.

CK

Ciara K.

Can not recommend enough

I cannot recommend nitrosell enough, it makes having a websitre very easy to use and customer service are always on hand to help

Pros

Nitrosell are so easy to work with, easy to implement an manage, can not recomment enough

Cons

there is nothing that could be improvedon, it is a complete package

Hi Ciara, Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear you've found everything you need with NitroSell. We look forward to continuing working with you and your business. Thanks, The NitroSell Team

EW

Edward W.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Works Well

Pros

Makes set up so it does not take a crazy amount of time by using data you already entered into your point of sale.

Cons

With multiple warehouses seems to mix up what items are available sometimes.

Hi Edward, Thank you for the review. We're glad you found implementation to be a speedy process. By using the data in your POS system we can have retailers selling online quicker than expected. Delighted to hear you've had great interactions with our support team. We think they're great too! Kind regards, Team WebSell

my

max y.

Easy to use, easy to implement, excellent Customer Service

Nitrosell helped us navigate our store shutdown due to COVID and our sales increased as soon as we implemented the Nitrosell store.

Pros

Nitrosell works seamlessly with our existing POS and the setup was quite easy. We trained our staff to use it in minutes.

Cons

Hi Max, Great to hear from you and thanks for the kind review. We're delighted to hear we were able to help you mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. We look forward to helping you achieve continued success. Thanks, The NitroSell Team