Evernote Reviews

4.37/5 (4,878 reviews)

Janosch Felde

The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use

Reviewed 2018-11-23

I love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.I use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use. Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.

Dan Bosak

Long time user

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Evernote stores important data and information that may be used later. It is a focal application for data acquisition that may be used in any business venue, especially in a business like yours where there is data gathered from many different sources and where many different work procedures need to be implemented for running the business efficiently. Neither data may be lost nor timed actions depending on the information may be missed or miss-executed. We can say that Evernote: 1. Stores information in a form of files called "Notes". The Notes can contain text, files (any kind of file), photos, hyperlinks, audio recordings, video, screen clips, business cards. There are some features specific to the way Evernote can store information contained in a web page as; 1. Full page 2. Article 3. Simplified article 4. Screenshot 5. Bookmark The web clipping functionality has not been implemented nearly as well in any competing product such as OneNote. 2. Notes are grouped in the "Notebooks" Notebooks are like the Collections of related Notes, which indeed is very intuitive. 3. Notes can be “Tagged” The Tags add finely "textured" categories - as a form of the "metadata", allowing for finer "indexing" of information and more useful aggregation of notes with the same tags/categories. For example; in a "Project" notebook, we can have tags such as: 1. Collecting data, 2. Preparing data, 3. Analysing data, 4. Presenting a proposal, 5. Project implementation 6. etc… In this way, the "Kanban" project management applications, such as Trello, can effectively use the Evernote notes as "cards" on Kanban dashboard lists. There is also a product called "Kanbanote" which can visually display tagged Evernote notes in a Kanban dashboard sequence of subsequently executed lists of actionable cards. In that way, a Note becomes an actionable "Kanban Card". 4. Notes can have "reminders" added. The reminders allow for the Calendaring and time tracking of activities related to the information contained in Notes and Notebooks. Evernote can effectively be used as a Task management application saving time and money and simplifying employee training. 5. Information can be shared Every Note and Notebook can be shared as a "dynamic" Note so that the people you share the Note with can review your content and add changes - or the Note can be shared in the "Static" form as a message containing the information of the shared Note. The message can be sent as an e-mail or as any other kind of message. 6. Information can be searched for, located and retrieved One of the real strengths of Evernote has been the capability to perform a full-text search, searching not only within the Note title or contents but also within the attached documents, where I would definitely point out the PDF text search that can be performed over the internet on the Evernote servers. 8. Scanning, OCR and data patterns recognition Evernote Premium subscription, that I definitely recommend, also has the neat option of scanning documents and business cards of your clients and customers, performing optical character recognition on the Evernote servers, connecting with your contacts management application, such as Google contacts or similar - and proposing a way to store the OCR-ed information in your Contacts with quite accurate matching of the information for the card to the fields of your contact management application.

Paola Peralta

Productivity, content curation, and collaboration in one tool

Reviewed 2018-08-20

I use Evernote to optimize my productivity. It takes care of all the reminders for me. I curate and share my inspiration boards, and allows me to easily turn them into new content that I can share with the people that will eventually polish it and give it final shape before it can go online. I import Typeform questionnaire answers to Evernote for this same goal, and I have set up a number of Gmail filters that let me know when to pitch my posts for guest posting or to get valuable links for my domain. Many things I like about Evernote, but I would say that my favorite is the fact that I can use it as the "hub" that contains (and sometimes triggers) most of my daily tasks. I would love to be able to review Evernote together with Zapier, as I am currently making the most out of the capabilities that both tools offer when they are combined. Evernote by itself is an extremely helpful productivity tool, and I love the fact that I don't always need to be online to update or create notes. I mostly use it to jot down ideas for new posts or articles as they come to me, and I also keep a couple of notebooks for content curation. I can add stuff from the real world as easily as I can clip websites or anything that I see on the go. To keep up with my content creation calendar, I connect Evernote with Gmail, Typeform, and Calendly. Although there are more Zaps available, these are the ones I use the most often to keep track of my contacts, review questionnaire answers that I then turn into blog posts, and keep track of appointments and phone calls. I easily share my notes and

Aanchal Jagnani

A consolidated repository for everything important

Reviewed 2018-07-03
Review Source: Software Advice

The tool is extremely feature rich. There are utilities that I am yet to explore but the fact that Evernote is loaded with features makes it a perfect tool for both professional and personal uses.From the name itself, one might feel that Evernote is literally a note-making software (which it is) but its utility is beyond "just making notes". It is one of those reminder boxes, note-making books and a repository all at once where you can "dump" all of your important things - Be it notes, links, photos, articles, audios, important files and just about everything. What I really like is the fact that you can sift through the type of content you save in Evernote. This makes it easy for me to go back to the stuff I have saved. 1) After having used other note-making software where their prime and perhaps only USP was the ease with which they let me make notes, Evernote definitely goes many steps ahead - It understands that "notes" for a professional or for a human can be beyond just text. Notes, figuratively, really are anything that is important to us. Hence, Evernote fulfills these needs by providing options like enabling audio recording and saving them as notes. 2) I like the fact that I can make separate notebooks for similar themed notes. It eases my job while searching from archived notebooks. To be able to assign tags to each notebook further makes the job easier. 3) Web Clipper is one of the most useful features especially when I am shopping online. I can just save a particular item through the web clipper option to be seen as a "wishlist" item in Evernote. It is especially constructive when I am shopping from multiple sites/apps and want to create a central wishlist repository for all the picks I like. It is equally useful for other purposes like - saving/bookmarking articles, newspieces or anything I find online that is worth keeping or remembering. 4) You can set reminders to yourself. This is another feature that makes Evernote a truly holistic software and in fact, much like a Saas. 5) Similarly, apart from creating your go-to repository for everything important, you can chat with others as well.

Lindsay McKinnon, LDAC

Top of the line

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Ability to retrieve older documents with ease. I can also, whether mid-conversation or during a meeting or presentation, quickly retrieve information that I've forgotten or to elaborate on someone else's ideas. I've used this software since 2013. This is one program that I CANNOT live without. I store EVERYTHING in Evernote. I probably don't even use 1/2 of of the functions available with this software, but I'm still determined to master it though! Pro number one for me is the convenience! I use the browser version and the app, when on my Mac, and the app on my phone, too. The capture tool on my Mac makes storing emails, screenshots, receipts, pictures, audio clips and all other document formats super easy to save for later. Evernote is also able to easily collaborate with all the other storage software(Dropbox, Drive, Box, OneDrive, Acrobat, etc.) and the syncing is better than any other software I've used to date. I can literally save something in EN on my Mac and my phone instantly buzzes with the notification of the change. The search function is also amazeballs. Because EN uses OCR technology to "read" the text in files, if I searched for "sandwich" (I'm hungry), I would get a list of every file in EN that has the word "sandwich" anywhere in the file. Worrying about naming your files so that you can find them later are OVER! Some examples of the many mediums that I store in EN are: cards that are given to me for special occasions, pictures, tags off of purchases I make, user manuals for all the devices in the house, coupons, audio clips (usually made while driving), and recipes. Basically, for me, it's a one-stop shop to store the verbal, written or digital tidbits of life

Julio César Pérez Zambrano

Evernote business is the ultimate desktop organizer. With a virtually limitless software support.

Reviewed 2018-05-27

Tons of excellent planning and arranging features at the palm of your hand. No matter the field you are in, organizing your life by means of this software is going to be an indispensable habit you are going to develop with this time-saving, modern app. With the current immensely growing and competitive market of desk organizers, Evernote business can really stand out. Mainly because of its simple and intuitive design, robust cloud storage and several other features like its technically universal software support, this app can make your organizational life a whole lot easier. With just a couple of days using this app, Business and education users are going to find it extremely uncomplicated to make use of the tons of pretty neat features this apps has and continues to add up to this date. Evernote promises and delivers hundreds of options for making your professional duties very easy to plan and follow up. Either for arranging important meetings, setting up future events or even making reminders or useful notes on the run. As an educator, I have found this last feature a more than useful one, since I'm always preparing language teaching materials and presentations, Evernote gives me the chance to record, scribble or handwrite pretty much about anything that comes to my mind, and I always going to have the pleasant and fulfilling feeling that the info is always going to be there, at the pal of my hand. In this continuously busy world we are living in nowadays, evernote is definitely an essential tool for the XXI century professional.

Miguel Gonzalez

Note taking does not get better than this

Reviewed 2018-04-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Evernote is a great note taking tool. Despite all the other available apps at my disposal (from Microsoft's OneNote, to Tasks and ToDo's in Outlook, as well as built-in desktop note taking and more) I still think Evernote takes the lead regarding note taking. Any way you slice it, Evernote is all about effective, efficient note management. More than a basic note tool, Evernote lets you capture notes on anything and everything you need to manage. Evernote offers 3 levels: basic, plus and premium. Most small businesses can get away with the basic. I do and it works for me. The plus and premium offers increase upload limits, note sizes, and other features that benefits power users. The price range is truly affordable. And if you are big on note taking, Evernote is it! You can even categorize your notes in notebooks (their version of a folder). And even start chats for collaboration purposes. What is making Evernote better, is its continuous efforts to improve their products. Like their beta feature to connect meeting notes with Google Calendar. Evernote offers offline access in their plus and premium subscriptions. And Webclipper takes bookmarks to a whole new level.

Haja C.

Excellent Note Taking Platform - Organize All Your Ideas and Projects

Reviewed 2018-04-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Evernote is an excellent, well-designed, comprehensive note organizing platform which allows profound ease of accessibility of your information wherever you are. These features make it extremely useful for business or personal use.This idea-magnet helps you to quickly capture information, from the web, or your own generated notes, and easily organize and save this information. It is user friendly - there is no select all, copy-paste, drag and drop or formatting while trying to capture information. Instead, Evernote has a beautifully designed mobile application and browser extensions which make collecting many types of info (images, handwritten or typed notes, web pages, audio,etc) incredibly easy. With a button click, your info is stored securely and organized. Most importantly, your organized info is available across platforms. There are many nice well-thought out features to the software, including a great Android feature that lets you drag down your notification bar to quickly create a note.You can both capture web pages and control the extent which the info is saved (i.e. trimmed articles without ads, full web pages, headings, summary or links), and the notebook it is saved to. The original source link is retained as well. The sync across devices is fast and works very well on Android Mobile, Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox). There is also a desktop version as well for Mac Os and PC Download. Under the premium version, there is even the option for offline accessibility of your notes (I have not personally used this feature). The free version is very good and the cost for premium versions which include unlimited sync and other features (searching images, receipts, email) is reasonable, depending on how much info you plan to store. You can further secure access to your info with fingerprint or password protection, and you can share info with a team. Very importantly, Evernote also plays well with other tech solutions, such as Google Drive, Airtable and LinkedIn.

Marcus Adiutori

Good for almost everything

Reviewed 2015-12-08

If you are a visual person or if you have the kind of attention issues common in ADHD and common also to many other right brained folks, you will often find the internet to be a very challenging thing we never had to worry about in the past. It is candy to someone like that because there are a million paths to take--- for free ---that lead to different doors and a person like me can get lost pretty easily without knowing it. I always feel like there is something I'm missing and I don't want to forget and regret it later. In that sense, Evernote has freed me to move about the internet more easily by allowing me to trick my mind into saving everything that seems important so that I can tell myself to keep moving forward instead of getting distracted. The Evernote web clipper is the best feature by far in that it quickly and properly clips most things without much more to think about and without concern that something didn't work properly. I've saved more than 9000 items in my Evernote to date. As a premium member I have never even come close to running short on my given space for the month. So it's come in handy for a person who organizes differently than most - it has become a brain dump for everything and anything I need it to be. And that relieves my mind from worrying about where I put something. That's all great. Where it still needs improvement is the usefulness after things are saved. For every 1000 things I save, I probably go back and even see about 50 of them in truth. I wind up just going back out to the internet to find them all over again - That may be just my mistake, or it may be because I feel that the notes aren't complete unless I know they are up to date and unless I can more easily visualize what I need. All of the other things tend to get lost in the notebook system that can be so simple it's actually confusing. By allowing us to sort things by various tag words or notebooks, they take the entire thing and make it more suitable for the left brained logical type of person. These are folks who can see order in words and numbers where I tend to see letters as little black bits of ink on a screen. I am much more easily able to organize things visually to determine proper workflow for me and there just isn't much of a way that I have yet found to do that. You can merge notes together, but it's a process unless you simply want to merge them, not edit them. You can't organize visually in a way that, for instance, shows you only the photos in your folders - so you can structure them in a way you understand. You can't change the order of each note so that you can manually put things where you want them and that's probably my biggest complaint. I realize there are workarounds - but it's not seamless and it doesn't allow for free flow of the thoughts. Much of what I save are simply photos , but not all - and I would love to have some more flexibility to create notes in a fashion like Curio - where anything goes and it can be as visual or as simple as you need it. Unfortunately, they don't have a web clipper although you can import your Evernote notes into a great app like Curio, it still doesn't feel the same because the visual portion of the notes is not easy to see. However, there are a ton of add-ons and for what I use it for it's great. There is something new added every day so I hope it's just a matter of time or perhaps I've missed something that will help me with this. On it's own, it's almost perfect, but it just hasn't fulfilled the hope that sooner or later someone is going to come up with an app that fulfills all needs in one. I have often copied notes into three or four apps to make sure I don't lose anything as I piece together the job in a way I can see. That wastes a lot of time and space. One day, I will either find an app that helps me make sense of what's already there or helps me take what I have and make sense of it by reordering it. Either way, it's still the best thing I have found to use every day for all data collection with the exception of video. great search engine. never lost anything that I couldn't again find. fast, easy on system mobile apps are solid and have pen functions now somewhat customizable handles images very well - full size annotation feature great

Anonymous

Evernote - the most complete note-taking application

Reviewed 2018-10-16

To sum up, Evernote has in my view a very good feature set - I've not had a single moment in which I missed something. The applications, the web platform, the synchronization and the collaboration works perfectly in most cases. Sometimes, there are small bugs - but none of them is deal-breaking or especially annoying. Evernote offers for me the best overall package of a note-taking application. I've already tried lots of different programs, but Evernote stood out in a positive matter. Most importantly, Evernote offers the ability to sync all your notes across all your devices, including a very good Android app, a performant and professional Windows version and a Web platform. These notes can contain everything including pictures, formatting, sound, pdf and other files, which makes it very comfortable to have everything in one place. For example, travel notes can include text, the flight & hotel documents, pictures of the addresses and they can be shared easily, which is a very important feature in my opinion. Additionally, the notes can be classified in notebooks which makes it easy to sort them in categories. Further, Evernote offers features which makes it more simple to include it in your daily workflow: you're able to easily add notes by forwarding E-Mail to Evernote, it'is possible to capture photos of documents and adding handwritten notes is a possibility for an improved note-taking experience.

Ben McClure

My productivity sidekick!

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Evernote has been with me since it was a Windows application that simply offered a never-ending stream of notes. No cloud service, and many of the features people have come to rely on today were nowhere to be found. But it was still me favorite note taking app. Ever since then, Evernote has continued to progress. It's now an entirely different product that has almost no resemblance to the thing I bought originally, but in doing so it's cemented its place for me as the best note taking app in existence.Once something goes into Evernote, it's there forever (unless you delete it). You have unlimited space, with the only limit being the amount you can upload each month (and it's generous). I was able to completely digitize every document and photo in my home within one month's limit and I wasn't even close to going over. Evernote offers great apps for all platforms (except Linux), and also has a very nice web app. You can do everything you might want from any Evernote interface available to you.

Kashish Sharma

The best platform to seamlessly collaborate and store your notes.

Reviewed 2018-02-21

Innumerable benefits! Definitely the single-most used platform on daily basis for me. I have referred and onboarded multiple colleagues and friends onto Evernote. It's scalable, I obsessively keep on noting down everything on Evernote, to the point that I have stopped using MS Word and basic 'Notes' operations offered in MacOS. The biggest value that I have been deriving is the ability to capture photos of books I read and store them on cloud. The captured photo allows it to preserve that shot like a scanned image. This has truly allowed me to capture important pieces from books I regularly read.1. It's superbly easy to organize your notebooks, have everything visually cataloged 2. Tagging notes with keywords really powers great search experience 3. Scanning pages etc is great, really captures great notebook shots 4. Instant public sharing from a single click 5. The fact that I can easily collaborate with people without any friction. Moreover it's fairly simple to grant people access to specific notes. 6. Access the account across multiple platforms, I have all of my devices synced and absolutely love it. 7. It just seems like the most scalable platform for notes taking. I literally don't use any other platform other than Evernote.

James DiPilla

Cloud note taking has never been easier.

Reviewed 2018-08-11
Review Source: Software Advice

This software is great for those who want to have their notes easily accessible and in the cloud. However, as it’s primarily used as a mobile app. There is the free option available, but with the monthly upload cap, things can get frustrating quickly, especially if you are uploading a lot of voice notes. If you can afford the cost for Premium, go for it. It’s definitely worth it, especially if you’re using an iOS device. Yes, you could use your phone’s built-in note app, but the cloud storage and OCR are worth spending the money.As far as note-taking goes, Evernote is one of the better options available, especially on mobile. It stores your notes in the cloud, making it easy to access on both computer and mobile device. It’s also available on both iOS and Android, so if you need to switch from one operating system to the other, you can bring your notes with you, unlike with something like Samsung notes, which is only available on Samsung devices. The best feature is the Optical Character Recognition. I love the ability to search for words that can either be in notes or in images.

SHERRI JAMES

I. Love. Evernote.

Reviewed 2017-02-06

Yes, I know there are other programs out there. But, I got introduced to Evernote after hearing everyone I follow online talk about it. So, I signed up. And, I've been in love ever since. I use it daily to track just about everything. I rarely open up MS Word anymore. I typically compose in Evernote and move it over to MS Word if I need to print it for professional consumption. Otherwise, Evernote is my bestest friend! I used the free version for a while and then signed up for the paid version because it allows you to annotate PDFs. That function didn't work the way that I thought it would. But, I was still satisfied with Evernote so I didn't cancel my subscription.I can check Evernote on every device I own, including my laptop, iPad and Samsung Note. The notes update within seconds of being created. Now that I have the paid version, I can upload everything. I've been slowly moving docs from my computer's hard drive to Evernote. It's been much easier to use/access material than iCloud.

Terry Livesey

The best way I've stayed organised

Reviewed 2017-12-06

It frees up my mind to concentrate on my business.Organisation is not just about planning your diary but also planning your thoughts. With Evernote I have been able to capture all my ideas and thoughts and have them put into dedicated folders within Evernote, this frees up my day to day thoughts by not having to remember everything or get worked up about planning things. I can then put time aside every week to go through the notes and see what needs actioning or planning. It's also great for just remembering things and I have loads of folders in sections for when I get a PDF or need to photograph information that I might want to look back on at a later date. You can also assign keywords/tags to the documents and it will also make pdf's searchable. This also applies to websites and with the browser plug-in, makes it really easy to capture information as either article/sample or pdf for future reference. I tend to go networking a lot and being able to capture someone's business card and have it put into your contact and connect with them on LinkedIn all in one go is actually very useful.

Leslie Mills

Best tool for going paperless

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Converted my work and personal life to a paper-free system easily and quickly. Evernote is simple, intuitive, and feature-rich. I wanted to transition both my work and personal life to a paper-free system, and I did a ton of research to design a system and workflow for doing this that would be easy to keep up with and scalable. Evernote was the clear winner as my digital 'filing cabinet' - with its impressive OCR capabilities, easy clipping and tagging features, integration with other software, and great mobile app. I was STUNNED at how quickly I was able to convert a year's worth of paper files into this digital system, and it's already saved me a ton of time when I need to reference an old document where I previously would have to search through paper files but now can perform a quick search and send it where it needs to go no matter where I am. My team also uses Evernote nearly exclusively for things like collaborative lists, meeting agendas, etc.

Nathan Romano

Evernote is a tool that you just can't live without.

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Everything. I wish I had it when I went to school, I would have taken all my notes there!!! Having your life there and synched on any device is awesome!Evernote Business allows you to do everything you do in Evernote plus allows you to do the same things but business related and sharing it with your team or customers. I have used evernote since I tried it several years back, I have to say that it is the first tool I install on every single computer or device I use. My life is in it, simply put. Being able to take it a step further and take the notebooks and notes and share them with your team and customers in invaluable. Evernote allows you to save prety much everything you need (pictures, videos, notes, etc.) on the notes, and those can be arranged into notebooks. So the level of organization is amazing. Now if you take that and put it into business settings you can have a notebook for each customer (imagine you are an architect or a home decorator for example) you can have everything you need on the project and have each of the steps on a different note and each note can have pictures and anotations for every single aspect... shared with the providers of the service and some things with yout customer.

Bethany Siu

Versatile and useful on the go or at home

Reviewed 2018-05-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I primarily use Evernote to keep track of thoughts and ideas I have. Evernote has a basic Notebook Stack -> Notebook -> Note structure that mimics how you would actually organize books or notebooks, which makes it intuitive, especially for a writer like me. I use Evernote to keep track of story ideas and inspiration (mostly on my phone) and go back and visit those notes later when I'm looking for an idea. It's much easier than having them on paper or in word docs. I also like the functionality of sharing notes through Evernote. I use this to share to-do lists or shopping lists. I know plenty of other apps could accomplish this, but I am comfortable with Evernote and find it easy to update and share. I know that Evernote has far more features than I am putting to use. I know you can attach files and photos in Evernote, and keep track of locations and things. I have really only scratched the surface.

Anonymous

The best note taking software ever!

Reviewed 2018-12-04

I love it. You need it. Install this software on your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, and your kids' tablet. You're going to love the ability to take down notes and thoughts no matter where you are, and have them forever. As the name implies. There is so much to like about Evernote. Let me put it in list form. 1. NEVER LOSE ANOTHER NOTE - it just keeps notes... forever. So simple, so powerful! 2. Searches handwritten notes. - I don't even know how it does this. but take a picture or scan of your handwritten notes, and they are now stored forever, and searchable. 3. easy to sort, and file. 4. Pull in pictures, scans, PDF's whatever you need. 5. Cloud based. Forget your phone at home? no problem, use your laptop to see all your notes. Forget your laptop too? That's not a good start to the day... but just login online from any computer, and there are your notes. It's awesome!

Abbas Hayat

It remembers EVERYTHING! Enough said..

Reviewed 2017-10-08

I do not leave home without my Evernote (literally) as i use it on several of my devices and it synchronizes so well between them. It does such a good job of archiving my personal notes and scribbles, work and meeting notes, travel plans, everything i throw at it. Also love the ability to turn any note into a presentation with one-click. Very impressive when sitting with a client! Not being the most organized person with notebooks and tags, i absolutely love how well the contextual and keyword search works. I used a third-party smart pen / notebook to feed my hand-written notes into my Evernote and it surprises me every time how well it recognizes and makes my messy handwriting searchable. Even though i don't use a lot of the reminders and team collaboration functionality (90% of my Evernote usage is for me only), it's still an app that is irreplaceable for me.

Kirill Chashchin

Your memory extender, with may features

Reviewed 2018-09-19

Google uses a lot of discs and RAM to work as a large brain. You can have your own, really customized brain extender with Evernote. Just e-mail or copy all bits and pieces you might need to remember later. Or just copy all your banking records, all calling and SMS records there. In a few months you will feel that having the extension of your brain is very helpful. "Where I was year and a half ago after visiting Berlin?"... Those questions are becoming easier to answer if you keep this info for yourself. And if you are in business -- it is also worth to keep this kind of business knowledge in one place, with the system to help you find small pieces of information there. You may use Google for that, but Evernote has an important thing Goodle lacks -- it will OCR images, PDFs and made them universally searchable. Try it for yourself, and you will see how great it is to have additional memory for yourself.

Imelda Castro

Taking notes using various method and helpful tools

Reviewed 2018-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I use Evernote to take down important details and information on certain projects/tasks that I am working on. I can easily organize my notes and research with this application. If I want to add pictures and files that would help me with my tasks, I can categorize my notes by topic or subject. What I like about Evernote is that I can use the voice recording instead of taking notes by typing. Then attach the voice memo as an additional information on that topic too which is great! All in one place using various method of collecting information. Web Clipper is also the best. Its amazing that I can browse websites and simply use web clipper to clip pages that would help my research which is much more convenient than going back and finding the site again. Everything in one place!

Anonymous

My go-to software for taking notes or storing ideas. I would be lost without Evernote!

Reviewed 2018-01-10

It has literally become my digital brain for anything I need to reference. I use it daily, either on my computer, phone or iPad and sometimes all three! I have recommended this software to many people and have helped several get it setup. It is flexible and complete. Flexible in that you can set it up how you want. If it's hard for you to lose all your notebooks (folders) then you can still organize using notebooks, and sub-notebooks. Yet, the power of Evernote is that you tag each note with the main subjects for accurate searching. It is complete in that it is a "one-stop shop" for all notetaking. As a preacher, I use it to quickly make a note of a sermon idea. Later, I'll develop that sermon in Evernote and use it to preach from, as well. As a singer/songwriter, I click the record button when I get some inspiration and capture not only lyrics but audio within the same note! When I get an email with some information I need to store, I simply forward to Evernote. Or, I take a picture of a cool craft idea and store it for the future. I could go on... But, my point is Evernote becomes your complete digital filing system accessible on any device, anywhere and at any time.

Anonymous

Keeping track of all the stuff I need to remember for years, now.

Reviewed 2017-12-27

It's simple. Clean. Neat. Easy to use. All the things that a great note-taking app should be. Oh yeah, it also syncs between my devices -- so if I write something at work that I need to pull up at home, no worries! Oh yeah, Evernote has quite powerful organization. Organize by creating a zillion notebooks for every possible sphere of your life, OR keep fewer notebooks and organize by tags. Brilliant. Oh yeah, it also has the ability to keep all sorts of content -- attachments, images, text, audio, stuff clipped from the web, you name it. Oh yeah, for writers... I've used Evernote quite a bit as a minimalist word processor, especially when I want to write in the coffee shop on my laptop, then come home and find that my document is waiting for me on my desktop. What's not to love?

Anonymous

Great way to keep organized over multiple devices with multiple people

Reviewed 2018-03-20

I am able to keep organized throughout my team. This means if I upload a mock up, my team can all instantly see it, edit it, brain storm and dream about it. Which moves us onto the next phase of drafting it, then printing, all the way to completion. It allows my team to preview drafts of my multimedia and immediately provide feedback to the whole team where we can communicate as if we were all together.Evernote Business has been a necessity for my media and communications team to be able to create a space to stay organized, share thoughts, brain storm, and move a project all the way to completion. The fact that the whole team can stay up to date and that the information can sync across all of my devices is something that I can't no longer work without now that I have had it.