All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Flow Reviews

Pros

Great transparency for team members & leader. Not only for projects but also great for day to day taks in a team of specialists - give a great overview on who is working on what.

Kornelia G.

Read the full review
Flow is great for organizing teams effectively, on a smaller scale. The cost is great for what you get.

Natalie G.

Read the full review
Flow has a beautiful interface, robust features, great onboarding, simple easy-to-use mobile apps, and a friendly support team to help you with anything you need.

Jonathan S.

Read the full review

Cons

I find that I get lost sometimes when I click something wrong and I have to find my way back to where I was. I guess you have to use it daily to keep up with all of the updates.

Tyler Q.

Read the full review
Trello had become unwieldy (due dates were getting missed, I was spending more time organising than working, notification overload etc.) and I've used Asana + Jira before and they're awful.

Alex H.

Read the full review
Instead we lost a full year of licensing for 10 people, $954.00 in total.

Daniel F.

4.6

The simplest, most joyful, project management platform

We use it as an upgraded version of 'Trello', which basically allows planning of many projects in many teams in a central place, and have an easy to use reporting sections

Pros

Flow doesn't try to solve the entire spectrum of Project Management problems, but the ones it does solve, it does very well. Flow, like the name implies, has a certain flow that directs you through your project management and reporting. If you like that flow, which is extremely simple and easy to use, then you could plan pretty complicated projects and tasks, in a big team, and make it a joy to use such a tool - which is very rare in this industry. Flow is also really good at making you focus on what's important by signaling and emphasizing tasks that you need to complete. It does so by simply knowing the due date for your tasks and then prioritizing it for you in a simple and focused manner.

Cons

Like every specific, non-generalized tool, it does what it does very well, but if you step outside of Flow's flow, it can become a hassle to use and all its benefits would go to waste, and then a different, more generalized tool will be more efficient.

A beautiful lightweight and streamline project management tool

It's so easy to track tasks, the interface is gorgeous and it's not a monster software in terms of size compared to the alternatives. It might lack of some features for big teams, so be sure to know your team needs before making the switch.

Pros

- It's just gorgeous, I mean its weird to list it as a pro maybe but considering the competitors using this app is just wonderful. - Super visual, don't get lost in those gigantic todo list. In flow you can see all the timelines of the tasks. - Filtering and searching is soo easy - It's so much easier to use than jira and asana. It works great for small teams.

Cons

- The mobile app needs a little bit more polish - Not so good for really big teams

Flow is moving to a wrong direction

In the last year our experience has changed drastically. Instead of improving the main product and providing a responsive support, they now concentrate on cloning Slack. Recently they have removed a feature we were using heavily without even notifying us. That's how they treat paying users now. I wouldn't recommend modern Flow to anyone. We're looking for alternatives to switch to.

Pros

Flow used to be a perfect task manager for small teams

Cons

With Flow X update they've implented a buggy, slow and inconvenient version of Slack inside the task manager. During the last year not a single improvement was implemented in the task manager, all the efforts go to this "yet another" corporate chat.

Flow has been a gamechanger for me in keeping up with tasks.

Flow saves me time. which in my opinion is the most valuable benefit there is. It allows me to focus on what I'm good at and I don't have to worry about keeping all my projects organized and trying to remember what projects are due when.

Pros

I love Flow for a lot of reasons! The main reasons I love this software is its ability to make staying organized and on top of tasks simple and easy. As a graphic designer, I tend to be more on the creative side and less aware of numbers and dates. Flow allows me to keep all of my assignments organized by the due date which helps me prioritize projects and never miss a deadline again. Not only does...

Cons

If I had to give one complaint about Flow it would be the user interface, if unfamiliar with the program and how it works it can be easy to get lost in the many layers of tabs.

Ideal tool for planning and project management

Flow allows the planning of projects and their progress to be even faster, thanks to the fact that the work is divided and we can visualize how many users are busy and who are not so that tasks are assigned to them so that the completion of the project be given in the shortest possible time.

Pros

I really like Flow because it is a tool that offers us extremely useful functions to carry out the management of projects at the business level where to plan, grant tasks to team members and visualize the progress or what is still under way in order to carry carry out this whole process is much simpler and organized, because the work flow to be shared decreases and you can move much faster in each project, its interface is very intuitive and organized, from a single screen you can have visualization of everything It also allows access to be carried out from any place or device.

Cons

I consider that more than negative aspects it is necessary that they implement new features that facilitate the use even more and give it more customization that makes the user feel more comfortable when using the software.

No more messy to-do lists!

Pros

Flow is a really smart tool. The fact that it has the ability to store so many different tasks under different teams is awesome, especially working in a business with so many clients - it could get confusing if they aren't separated into categories properly. The ability to have re-occuring tasks is a lifesaver! And the ability to have those re-occurring tasks at specific dates of the month, daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, yearly etc. is by far my favourite thing.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is a downside about flow is that in the past when they have updated, the user interface has been quite different, meaning it took a while to adapt - however they do do great tutorial videos to explain any changes.

Flow is team task management and chat in the Goldilocks Zone. Not too big or small. Just right.

Clarity across all my team's projects. More productive workers. Better team building and higher morale.

Pros

I love that task management and chat are under one roof. We were running different software for everything and it was too fragmented. Flow is smooth and easy and everything is right here.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like. It's a little weird that there are two phone apps (one for chat and one for tasks). It would be slightly better if they were integrated.

Fantastic task management software

Flow has never let me lose sight of what projects I have coming up next.

Pros

Best task management software I've ever used. Flow has made it really easy to quickly jot down my tasks, whether big or small, so I never forget what's ahead. It's so simple, yet after using it for a year I can't live without it.

Cons

The mobile app could use a bit of work, as sometimes it's glitchy and not very user-friendly. Seems like an iOS port.

My experience with Flow has been wonderful. It's a huge time saver!

Pros

The integrated internal chat function affords me and my co-workers the ability to keep in touch at all times, despite the fact that we are a location-independent company with employees all across the country.

Cons

I love the fact that Flow has a chat application that I can use when I'm on the go. However, I often find that there are glitches and issues with this application. I would love to see a refresh with additional features!

Flow has helped our team tackle all scales of projects and has improved our workflows.

Pros

There is a clear and understandable, er, flow to all aspects of the app. It's restrained aesthetic allow for a clear focus on the content (aka the work to be done) and some of its new views are really useful. The personal tasks calendar allows a clear view into each week; its integral to mapping out our daily workload.

Cons

When there are a lot of cards, the inability to colour or assign some level of visual hierarchy can render some projects a bit overwhelming. Being able to assign some visual tag would be nice. I am excited to see the mobile app update to the new UI.

Intuitive project management for teams

It's easier to delegate tasks. It's easier to decide what to do next. It's easier to know what other team members are working on.

Pros

Flow is beautiful to look at, which makes it enjoyable to use, an important factor to consider when trying to get an entire team on board. After looks, speed is next most important thing for us. With flow you can input a task very quickly and very easily. Adding a new task without having to move the mouse and only by using the tab key is a powerful feature. Also, you are never more than 2 clicks...

Cons

For us, Flow could probably improve in the following areas: - Keeping discussions separate from tasks and projects so that they can be retrieved later. "What did we say about that thing???" - Deeper integration of the Getting Things Done principles, with an easy way to add estimated energy required to perform that task, how much time it would require and what context it needs to be performed in ("Do I need to be at my desk to do this thing?," "Remind me to pick up notepads when I am running errands", etc.)

Perfect Fit For Our Team

Pros

When I started with the team everything was tracked on a Google Sheet, in iCal and important information for events were always needing to be "dug out" of email chains or found on some miscellaneous scrap paper. Flow has definitely improved daily processes for me personally to ensure every detail is being handled for each event scheduled. I think it has helped my boss know what is going on at quick...

Cons

I think most businesses are working with clients on a daily basis. I find myself feeling bogged down at times with keeping contact information/notes in the CRM system and then having to transfer it to Flow when an event is scheduled so the other team members are able to easily access it when needed. I would love to see a CRM integration be a feature available in the future!

More streamlined than Trello, much easier than Jira, much faster than Asana

We used Flow at Shaken.com (a 10-person ecommerce startup) for over a year and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately we ended up closing the business, but I often recommend Flow to new clients. It's not a solution for *everyone*, but that's exactly why we liked it. Trello had become unwieldy (due dates were getting missed, I was spending more time organising than working, notification overload etc.)...

Pros

* An effective workflow * Helped us manage lots of parallel projects * Less time spent organising, more time working * Good support

Cons

* It took us a while to try and bend it in different ways, I recommend reading about why features work the way they do - it'll make things a lot clearer.

Thank you for the thoughtful review.

Clean, Efficient & Essential

We have a smaller company and was looking for a task management system that didn't feel too heavy for our needs. Flow allows you to choose how you want to manage projects without overloading you with half-useful features, unnecessary graphics or "clever" copy throughout (lookin' at you Basecamp). Software with "personality" wastes time, we just want to get our work done. Everybody uses Flow differently but that's the great thing, you make it yours. That's what we did and it just keeps getting better.

Pros

It's clean, simple to understand, customizable for your needs and they consistently make smart improvements without changing the focus of the product.

Cons

I'd like the ability to view recent attachments and links which have been posted all in one place. Like a "is this what you were looking for?" kind of feature.

Extremely robust team-oriented task management

Pros

We used to use Any.do for task management because we loved how easy it was to schedule tasks but their platform would lag and it was unsettling to think that there may be bugs that cause us to lose our tasks. Flow's platform is solid, super fast/responsive, I haven't seen a bug since we started using it almost a year ago. Their task scheduling is super easy and the way the UI is structured makes it easy for us to know exactly what needs to be done when. The task assignment functionality is perfect. The best part for us is that the entire platform is scalable, you could use it for a team of 3 or 300, Customer Service or Product Development, Financial Services or Marketing, Flow is super adaptable.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Flow, I was about to say that if there is one thing that I would add it would be administrative controls to customize the out-of-the-box "Favorites" list but I just went in and realized I can do that too.

Very easy to use, simplifies and organises my workflow - I use it every day.

Sometimes teammates use other ways to organise their personal tasks and don't use Flow as often. I just think it's really effective so I wish everyone else used it daily. However this is personal preference and it's not a problem as long as everything gets done. It depends on how much of your work is project based and how much is individual - if using it for lots of projects you will need higher buy in from teammates to regularly update their tasks and progress.

Pros

Flow enables you to organise your workflow into projects and assign tasks to members of a team. This ensures that all tasks have a 'person responsible' and a deadline, meaning that nothing gets forgotten about. It is really good for project management. It is also useful just on an individual level because you can see your personal to-do list in the 'assigned to me ' section. You can arrange your...

Cons

Good product that needs a few more features

I like what the team has done, but I also feel like development has stalled out a bit. There have been a few fixes and small enhancements since I started using the product, but I haven't seen any new features or upgrades during that time. I really like the way Flow has approach the design and navigation for the tool, but I think we need to see more in the future.

Pros

The UI is very pleasing on the eye. One might say that everything flows well together (I'll see myself out). But seriously, I think that the team spent a lot of time focusing on ease of use, and everything just feels nice. There are a lot of features out of the box that are good for an individual user as well as teams.

Cons

It's not that flexible. If you use flow the way the creators want you to, then you're in great shape. If you want to go outside that setup though, you start to run into walls. Two features that I think are needed to bring this product to the next level: 1) custom fields, and 2) advanced searches that can be saved. You can filter a list by tag, keyword, even project color. But you can't filter using boolean OR or NOT logic. Everything is an AND, which limits the way tags can be used to raise issues to the top. And I need custom fields to track data points that maybe don't fit in one of the predefined categories.

One of the best I've used

I was hesitant at first to start using Flow. I thought my team got it because it looked the cleanest, but would lack functionality. But honestly, it was such a great balance. After using it for a few months, I really fell in love and would like to use it at my new job.

Pros

Basically everything. I loved being a part of the beta testing and sending feedback. I loved the Chat feature within the product (even though the mobile app wasn't as great of an experience). I love the interface, ways you can filter, search (old and new tasks) organize teams, projects, and tasks. I also loved the option to view in browser or download the app.

Cons

The mobile apps. The desktop was such a great experience, I was expecting the same on mobile, but it lacked the ease of use I wanted to navigate.

It's so satisfying have a single place to track and organize work flow.

Ease of tracking and organizing projects helps keep everyone on task and projects moving!

Pros

It promotes accountability and it's easy to use and figure out. Being able to track and organize projects in a single place is great. Having different views is great for different mindsets. Being able to export project lists is very helpful in order to have a physical check list.

Cons

Being able to color code projects would be helpful to my group, so it would be nice if that were an option. I also don't like the way the new projects view keeps projects marked as completed on the calendar until their due date.

The Best Tool For Small Teams

My team has evaluated dozens of tools and we keep coming back to Flow. The biggest difference over other project management software options, is that everyone actually uses this. Flow's UI makes sense, the experience is comfortable and intuitive, and the organization of information fits with how teams work. I couldn't speak more highly about any other tool my team regularly uses.

Pros

Ease-of-use; Simple to understand and utilize, but the right mix of features to effectively manage a range of projects

Cons

Slow to integrate with 3rd party tools and software

Helping to think bigger

It has helped cut down on the number of meetings.

Pros

The option to use kanban boards and lists when setting up projects caters for most project requirements. The ability to set deadlines for tasks, delegate and subscribe makes project management so much more straightforward.

Cons

I have found that the application on MacOS a little glitchy at times. They are always bringing updates, but sometimes that quick note you wanted to add takes longer than expected.

Large Worldy Team

I can saw that this is the best technology I've seen in awhile with regards to task management. My team works from multiple locations and countries so the phone app along with the notifications by email makes it even better and ideal.

Pros

Accessibility and Flexibility!

Cons

That more people don't know about it.

I love that everyone on my creative team, including clients, can easily use Flow without training!

Flow is incredibly easy to use and understand. No training was required, which meant we were actively working and using Flow to organize, assign and communicate about tasks (and subtasks!) the same afternoon it was installed. My entire team took to it immediately, without complaint. The ability to add emoticons helps make it a more playful experience, which my team and I really appreciate. Project management applications shouldn't be frustrating, overly complicated, or boring. Flow gets that. At long last my search for the right project management software is over. Thank you, Flow.

Pros

For small creative agencies who have been searching for the right project management software, Flow provides a Goldilocks experience'it's not too much, it's not too little, it's just right. Not to mention, also at the right price. Finally.

Cons

It's a small complaint, but within the notes of each task, any updates to that task are automatically visible. You can hide them, but have to click on the word Hide to do so. I would prefer to have the option to have updates hidden as a default.

My daily go to, to know what to do!

This keeps our company on track and organized. It's how we as a company know what we have to get done and who's doing it.

Pros

Catch up feature is amazing to know what the team is doing. Task list can be filtered by anyone on the team . Tags and filters are powerful and allow for great organization of tasks. The app is very easy to use and something everyone in the company can use. Great support and love the new interface/design.

Cons

I don't like that I have to pay extra for guest accounts but I hear that will change soon. Would like to add multiple people to a task.

Always great service and value.

Pros

Love how it keeps my team organized! It's so easy to assign tasks, move them around - and see all activities at a glance.

Cons

The iPhone app is buggy and doesn't work as well as the Desktop app. It doesn't refresh and show current tasks all the time.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.