Google Docs Reviews - Page 100

25,654 reviews

Review of Google Docs

Google Docs has helped with the sharing of documents across the the organization, and being able to revise and keep them updated with everyone that needs access to them.

Pros

- it autosaves everything you are doing as you do it so there is nothing lost from forgetting to save things. - multiple people can work on the same document without having to send it back and forth. - the documents are not saved on your computer so they don't take up space on your computer.

Cons

I don't really see many cons with google docs, the only thing that I could say is close is that you have to have wifi to access your documents, but i know that is the only way it can operate.

I use Google docs to work with peers on group projects

Bestway to do group projects

Pros

I really like that this software gives you the ability to collaborate amongst peers. You simply hit the share button and it allows you to email a link of your document to whoever you please. I also thoroughly enjoy the fact that you can see what your peers are doing on the document and you can chat with them.

Cons

I dislike that you cannot choose which page starts off with the "page count". Google Docs only gives you two options to choose from which is the first or second page. I find myself having to copy and paste my work onto a different format so I can start the page count on the third page after my title and table of contents pages.

Is Google Docs right for you? It is – if you don't mind working in a browser & are always connected.

As long as you're ok with editing in a browser window, storing everything on Google's servers, and don't have to worry about not being connected everywhere you go, there are plenty of great reasons to switch to Google Docs.

Pros

As everyone's come to expect from Google, Google Docs stands out for it's elegent, intuitive user interface and its blazing speed. Google Docs also include a huge assortment of visually appealing templates for documents, presentations, and worksheets.

Cons

Google Docs has a Chrome browser extension that lets you edit documents when you're offline, but it's definitely not as convenient as having a legitimate desktop application, and you have to remember to install it before you need it.

Super fan of this product!

Easily share document with multiple people. They can edit and everyone on the team receives the updates in real time. Updates can be made simultaneously. You can easily download documents into a word doc to get some of the nice formatting options that only word offers.

Pros

I love that you can pull up your docs from anywhere. I love that you can collaborate with others on a document. For example, my assistant minister and I keep our church announcements to be on Sunday in a google doc. The doc can be updated in real time and everyone on the collaboration team has the latest document. For board meetings, I keep my notes in google docs and then go back and transcribe them into real minutes at a later date. I use the templates to create fabulous looking presentations.

Cons

There are a few features offered in Word (not many) that I like and that google docs doesn't offer. I can't remember what they are right now. In reality, I tend to choose google docs because the collaboration feature is awesome and I can move easily from my laptop to my iPad to my android.

Where would I be without Google Docs?! Still emailing Word documents back and forth......

Pros

The application solved so many issues for my institution... and in fact, it feels funny to review it - because, in my mind, there is no option - and no replacement on the market. It allows us to work seamlessly as a team on the same document, comment, share, and even see revision history on documents. And best of all, it runs so much more quickly on my Mac than Word does.

Cons

I wish there was an easier, better way to search for documents on Google Drive. I do find that if I cannot remember the exact title of the document, sometimes I cannot find it. And I wish there was a workflow feature (this is not really a con...but more of a feature request)

Easy to Use, Free, Track Edits Among Users

Really positive overall. We like how simple this makes editing and sharing a document, despite the lack in formatting specificity.

Pros

The best part of google docs is that you do not have to keep sending email attachments back and forth from one user to another. This is really huge. We can track changes on the side while still moving forward and not constantly deleting and renaming older editions.

Cons

The templates aren't as flexible as we would like. It's also unclear how to change formatting (spacing in particular). On Word, you can see this easily with the paragraph icon. This becomes an issue when trying to format down to one page, when there is only a single line on the next page.

Best software for document sharing

Overall, I have a very positive experience. It makes collaborating with partners, coworkers, or anyone as easy as being with them.

Pros

I live for google docs. It makes editing on my own documents and others as simple as it should be. I enjoy being able to make comments and notes on my own documents that way I can come back and look at the notes. I enjoy being able to share documents with people and give them a certain amount of privileges such as viewing, can edit or comment.

Cons

I wish the software had the ability to move the highlighted part when commenting. Sometimes I will comment then want to move the thread of comments without having to redo it.

Collaborative writing with Google Docs

Collaborative writing and editing that isn't hindered by location.

Pros

I love the collaborative nature of Google Docs. This feature is one reason I use Google Docs. I use it for collaborative writing and editing with my team. I also use it for side gigs so clients and I can work through edits together. It makes working remotely as a writer easier. I also love the storage option. It is an excellent backup for my articles and other documents.

Cons

The equation adding option is not as smooth as the one in Microsoft Word. Maybe I am biased because I have used Word for years. The design for the equation isn't as intuitive and straightforward as the one in Microsoft Word.

A tool that will help you!

Since I use it, I no longer worry because I have a document or something related to it, excellent and I am happy to acquire it.

Pros

I loved how I can access any document from any computer and from any point where I am, also has a good enough compatibility in which you can send any file from a Google account, the other incredible option is the ability in which we can convert documents to different types of formats that we will have, in addition we can give a great edition and format to some document that is or will create, excellent software and very easy to use.

Cons

there is almost nothing that disgusts this software, the only thing that I do not like is when I use it from the mobile and I want to paste some file it takes a long time to paste or sometimes it does not work well with that action, from there on out everything is perfect!

Multichannel Sharing with Ease

One of the tools that is a must have when you run an organization with multiple leads and touch points. Gives you the freedom of working & sharing your work with anyone and everyone with so much ease. Filtration, limited accessibility and control rights gives you a complete ownership

Pros

Versatile, Easy to Use, Customization, Handling Huge Data, Accessibility to different segments . Ease of Sharing over mail & Other channels ( Messahe/Skype/etc). UI is so simple with inbuild tools to enhance the usage.

Cons

Lag & Load time is bit high when it comes to handling multiple sheets with some massive data points, related graphs and functional formulas. Limited formulas, few excel tips doesn't work

Doc Review

I use it every day and I wouldn't be able to do anything without it

Pros

It is seamless in its document, collaboration and sharing abilitiy.

Cons

I wish I had a better document editor program

Simple Word Processor

I am a freelance writer so I am always looking for a clean word processor that meets my needs. Google Docs is a simple application that allows me to write and save without a lot of thought. It's good in a pinch, but lacking a couple of key features means I'll end up using Word for my long term solutions.

Pros

Let's be honest, the best thing about Google Docs is it's free. All you need is a Google account and you're ready to rock and roll. It's a simple word processor that doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Microsoft's Word. That in and of itself is a plus for most users. You don't necessarily need a complicated application when you want to write. I'm in love with the autosave to Google Drive. No more having to worry what happens to my files if my system crashes. Just start typing and it saves the file automatically. I can also choose to share the file with my clients from the same screen. An added plus is I can work on stories or articles if I'm away from my computer. All I need is my phone (or tablet) and an internet connection.

Cons

If I love it so much, why only 4 stars? There are limitations to what Google Docs can do. For starters, unless you have a GSuite subscription, Docs is only available online. If for some reason my internet is down, I cannot access my files (unless I had the foresight to do download them first). Also, while there is a built-in spell checker, the service is not currently supported by Grammarly. I use Grammarly daily in my writing as a back up for my own editing. To run the document through Grammarly, I have to copy it into the Grammarly editor and then copy and paste changes back into my document. A bit too much work for me when I've got a series of articles to do.

Great collaborative word editor

Pros

- Collaborative working is a breeze with Google Docs - multiple people can edit the document at once, chat inside the document and it's easy to track actions by making comments, assigning them to people and tracking resolution of these - You get a full version history, can easily restore past version and can save particular named versions for reference - Has all the required features for putting together a document - Many add-ons are available - e.g. I've been able to link in an e-signature tool so contracting is easy

Cons

- Doesn't have all the features or flexibility of Microsoft Word, but that's a small price to pay for the pros above

Google Docs has all of your needs in one place

Pros

I love that google docs has everything you need. Whenever I need excel, google docs has it. Whenever I need word doc, google docs has it. Even when I have needed to edit a PDF quickly I have been able to quickly edit a PDF. I don't have microsoft word on my computer, but having google docs have helped immensely. I've been able to get work done quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I found I didn't like is that I wasn't able to delete myself off a document because I was the original owner. I no longer worked for a company, and wanted to take myself off the doc. My old supervisor had to delete me off, and yet the doc kept popping up.

Google Docs for Business

I have used it through high school, college, and now for over a year in a professional environment. With this being said, Google Docs is easy to use and applicable in a plethora of situations.

Pros

Google Docs is is a superior version of Word for businesses as it is all sourced online. Collaborating with teams and projects is made easier by this software. An underrated factor is that sharing is super easy. As most people have google account it is accessible is also viewable for users without accounts.

Cons

It seems like there could be more features included. Microsoft Word is standard platform and had added bells and whistles. More stylistic features could be added.

Great alternative to Microsoft Word

We use Google Docs for centralized documentation and note-taking, and we couldn't be happier with it.

Pros

The best feature, apart from being part of the Google Suite of apps, is the ability for multiple people to write in a doc at once. Google Docs also has a chat feature built-in so that you don't even need to leave the window to communicate with your cohort. I recently read a Tweet where a group of students used one massive Google Doc to combine their lecture and study notes, which helped a lot for when one student may have missed something or not understood something during lecture.

Cons

Not as many features built-in as Microsoft Word, but then again, it is free!

Google Docs review

Great tool for content collaboration, not presentation or file sharing (you would never email your resume to someone in a google doc.)

Pros

Google docs are basic tools that are great for collaborating real time with other computers. If you have multiple computers providing edits to documents, Google docs is where you need to be. Seamlessly enjoy seeing your edits along with others in real-time from any computer. Group projects for work or school are quickly completed. Unlike Google Docs, when using Dropbox or a shared drive, you must save your updates and if the other person would like to add their revisions, they must access the most recently saved version.

Cons

Formatting within Google Docs is not ideal. With Microsoft Word the universally accepted file format for any text, you will find formatting challenges when copy and pasting from Google Docs to Microsoft Word. I find that Google Docs is great for collaboratively creating content, but when it comes time to formatting and presentation, you must move to Word.

Online documents that are easy to share and designed for colaboration

We use these Docs as we use Google Drive at our school. They are used between management and teachers, between teaching staff and between students and teachers. The ability to share and have multiple inputs from people help us to collaborate effectively.

Pros

Google Docs were easy to first use. There are many functions that enable me as a teacher to work with students and other teachers within the same school environment. The ability to shre the docs with selected users keeps everyone in the loop, and the ability to lock docs as view only lets you control the contributions from other staff if necessary.

Cons

Some of the finer tools can be harder to use that other comparable software such as Microsoft Word.

The gold standard for cloud-based word document editing

Google Docs is the gold standard and I couldn't imagine switching to another product. No more sending attachments back and forth.

Pros

The real-time collaboration is unbeatable. Many competitor products are laggy and constantly have to refresh, but that's not the case with Google Docs. It never feels laggy and you can always be confident you are looking at the most up-to-date version of a document.

Cons

If you're trying to format a document in a way that's non-standard, for example, a newsletter with multiple columns of text and inline images, it can be a little trickier. It's definitely doable, but this product really shines with regular word documents.

Great document collaboration tool

Really easy-to-use software and great for using on collaborative projects. Edits are made in real-time across documents, making working on projects across multiple parties easy and accessible. A life-saver for working from home on big projects such as white papers and information booklets!

Pros

Really easy-to-use software with quick and easy document creation and editing. You can even link this up to sync Word documents for greater levels of ease both internally and externally to your business.

Cons

Often not as intuitive as traditional document creation software (Word/Pages) but you can easily work around this by formatting the document in one of these and copying it straight into Google Docs.

Google Docs - Portable Office

Overall, I am greatly satisfied with Google Docs. First, it is free to use so you don't have to worry about yearly fees. Second, it's so handy I can present to my clients and do my work anywhere.

Pros

What I like about Google Docs is its cloud service where you can access all your files in all your devices. Also, with Google Docs it's like you have your office anywhere. Even if you are in a coffee shop or mall so it's easy to do your work. You can Also share your files with your team for collaboration.

Cons

The least I like about this software is that it's lack of function compared to its counterparts. Also, if you have bad internet connection it will be difficult to recover your files or to upload.

Author's honest thoughts...

I absolutely adore Google Docs. Almost all of my author friends also use it for all of their books.

Pros

I love Google Docs! I have written several full length novels and short stories using Google Docs exclusively. I love that my beta readers can read and comment in real time. They can fix spelling, grammar, or continuity errors immediately. My friends and I read each others books via "Docs", so we can leave our thoughts and critiques easily. Multiple people can comment on the same document or I can make one for each. Cannot express what a gift GD is for me.

Cons

It took me awhile to figure out how to link offline and sometimes it freezes, but Word does the same.

Google Docs is AWESOME!!

Google docs has been used in my organization for several years. It is easy to navigate, share and secure with others/those outside my company.

Pros

Google docs allows my staff and I to collaborate, edit, and access files from anywhere. I also like that it has the ability to share files, view only, and print only. Permissions can be granted or removed as necessary.

Cons

I have NO complaints about this software. This software is very similar to standard document software but has the added benefit of being an electronic document that can be shared.

The best! And it's free. Google docs is essential.

There aren't many software/online programs that I have no issues or problems with, but Google docs is definitely one of them.

Pros

I use google docs for everything. School projects, work, writing down to-do lists, goals, or anything else that requires writing. It's a great replacement for paper, and in my opinion slightly more convenient to use than Microsoft Word.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about it. They could maybe add more features if they want to grow its uses; however, for what it does, google docs is good.

Great collaboration software

Overall, my experience with Google Docs has been terrific. It's easy to use and extremely handy for commenting and feedback from others.

Pros

What I love about this is for my novel writing, I can share the documents with my alpha and beta readers and get realtime feedback on my works. I've also done collaborative novel writing with other authors, writing full books with Google Docs.

Cons

All I'd really like to see is a word counter so I don't have to copy text to Word or Scrivener. Other export options would be great, too, like epub or mobi.