Google Docs Reviews - Page 4

25,654 reviews

Google Docs Review - Best software to share data easily

I have been using Google Docs for ages, probably since it's inception. I like the new features they include regularly. It can be used as an official intra-office software by small companies and self employed people like me. My overall experiences with the software is very satisfactory. Excellent!

Pros

1. Ease of Use. Just click on Google Docs and a very proficient editor opens up. It is more or less like word. But, data stored here can be shared with several people. I am a web content writer. It often write my content in Google Docs and share it with my clients through the Get Link option. I add different clients for different projects and share data with them effortlessly. No more worrying about...

Cons

1. It is a bit hard to understand in the beginning. The layout is more or less similar to word. But, the sharing options took some time to figure out. But, they are quite easy and Google had provided useful videos on using them. Likewise a few activities like language options, downloading various other format files into google docs seemed tricky at the beginning. New users can easily get overwhelmed and switch back to good old word document. 2. Google docs come with loads of better features than Word like direct facility to publish to web, easy formatting and adding shortcut to the drive. But, many are not aware of such facilities. More advertisement videos will help.

The document editor that lets you truly share.

Google Docs is an everyday item for a user like me. Whether it be a group project, or sharing ideas, it's been extremely useful especially with the various sharing types such as view only, commenting, and full editing access. Showing lifetime edits as they're being made as well as access to the history of editing and who made the edits is a lifesaver, and cannot ever be undermined. I have had great experiences working with google docs so far, and hope to continue to have them as time passes.

Pros

Having been a Google Docs user since 2011, I can with utmost confidence say that it is by far the easiest software to use in order to share a text document with your colleagues, fellow students, and even strangers if need be. With the ease of link sharing, google account sharing, and its integration with Google Drive it is by far the easiest, and most superior word editing software from a collaboration standpoint. Docs have the ability to have "add-ons" which is extremely helpful for very niche tasks. It's has a simple and straightforward interface and options bar makes it a breeze to use for new and unfamiliar users.

Cons

There are definitely some features that would make the software more seamless, but with the option to find and add additional add-ons it can hardly be seen as a con. One major option that would be helpful to be added is an onscreen word count. There is a built-in tool to see word count and character count, but there is no way to have it constantly on-screen as a user is typing.

For all your online Word sharing needs!

My overall experience with Google Docs has been a pleasant one where I've enjoyed using this software for any simple tasks such as sharing my tutorial notes, helping students with any questions they have in the weekly questionnaires or any other document sharing needs I have. It's a great application that anyone with a simple google account can use no matter the computer they have or the software they run on it. Great for use in the university and great for use in many office workplaces I'd imagine. Highly Recommend!

Pros

Google Docs is much like Microsoft Word having access to all the features available to someone using Microsoft Office but, now available to anyone with a google account. All your documents available online and you are able to access it from any device without worrying about it's processing power or worrying about having to carry a form of storage to use the files. It's truly amazing to be able to share...

Cons

While Google Doc's does have alot of things to love about it such as it's ease of use and how anyone with just a google account can use it there are some downsides that come with being just a browser based application. A downside I have noticed with this application has been pointed out to me recently by a few colleagues and that's it's overly simple formatting. While for most simple tasks this should perform excellently however, it lacks some power. Whenever I try do anything complex such as; create pamphlets, brochures, large EEI's or peer reviewed studies with lengthy and complex data it becomes a hassle to use this app as it just doesn't have the capability to do so.

SIMPLE TO IMPLEMENT

I have very simple needs when it comes to word processing, but I need access when I need it. Google Docs allows me to relax because it's a tool that is available to me on demand in the way that I operate.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor with my own massage practice. Since I already use many Google products (Gmail, Google Fi, Duo, Drive, Maps, Photos) it was nice to have something very accessible and intuitive that's already linked to the accounts I'm already using. I have different email accounts for personal or business use as well as a separate work cell. When I'm away from my laptop or out for the day with...

Cons

I really haven't run into anything that's "stumped" me, but I'm also using it for super simple, basic word processing or letter writing.

It's Word, but Online!

Google Docs has made it exponentially easier to collaborate. With the push to teach and work from home, this has been especially valuable because it makes it feel as though there is no distance between my my collaborative group. Although I was using Docs before the need to switch to online work, I especially appreciate it now. And I appreciate that it is FREE.

Pros

Google Docs is by far one of my favorite software programs to use. It's everything you love about Microsoft Word from the convenience of the internet! Honestly, once I started using it, I was like, "Where has this been all my life"?! It makes it easy to share word documents, especially since not everyone has Microsoft Word on their computer. Another positive feature, as is the case with all things...

Cons

There are a few things that take a little bit of time to get used to. For example, the right click feature is basically disabled, so you need to know keyboard shortcuts for things like copy and paste. Also, the help feature sometimes misses the mark, but what online help forum doesn't sometimes?

Positive and negative of Google Docs.

Overall, the Google Docs is a great document because it checks if my grammar is correct or not. The Google Docs have auto saving so good for me the reason is I will easily forget to save my work then the Google Docs will save for me all the time. It's helpful for people who will easily forget to save their work.

Pros

In the Google Docs the most useful is they can auto save the document on the Google Drive without USB and allow multi users to work in the same document then finish, discuss on the Google Docs. Therefore, for the business, Education (students, teacher and instructor )and Family could help them have a good efficiency and easier to finish the work together, it helps Google Docs users to save a lot of time on saving documents and discussing in the work. Google Docs is a great platform to save user's time in the work.

Cons

The Google Docs is a good document platform but has some little not convenient for the Google user. For example, The Google Docs's menu title of the menu bar is rendered in plain text, making it difficult to separate it from the rest of the Google Docs interface. While the user finds that menu bar, clicking on one of those items creates a menu, but it's hard to tell the text from the Google Docs background. Menu has no shadow thus it blends in with the page when the user is working on.

Great Software!

i loved it! my team was able to have all the necessary files and documents in one place, every time a hardware crashed we didn't have to worry about unsaved changes which was a plus to my time specifically.

Pros

In all honesty , i used this software to write down contract formats, to do lists, and even scripts for my production company and to say the least i am very pleased. The feature i loved most was where you can share files with colleagues and work on the same document at the same time real time.

Cons

i didn't like the fact that you have to request access to a document once it has been submitted or turned in (When documents are assigned) it sort of complicates things.

Google Docs is essential!

Google Docs is incredibly well thought out and we really appreciate the ease of use. We love that the programs are so well integrated and able to be used within an account or specifically shared to another. The Google Docs platform has allowed our company to really customize what we give to each of our educators who then facilitates our programs to individual groups.

Pros

When we began using Google Docs it helped streamline so many of our daily activities. Our science educators teach and implement the customized programs we develop to students at multiple locations every day, with different computers at every school site. Our company is able to create our custom curriculum using Google Documents, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Photos and more. Our business decided...

Cons

The fact that our educators have to access Google Docs on multiple computers daily we occasionally run into the issue of an educator forgetting to log out of Google Docs. This puts any file associated with that Google Doc account at risk. So our suggestion would be to create a way for Google Docs to auto log out when the program hasn't been used for a set amount of time, specified by the user.

Very few flaws, powerful when used as intended!

Overall, my experience with Google Docs has been very positive. I come from the days of having to buy the entire MS Office suite (before they went mostly SaaS) in order to stay relevant with business-oriented organizational needs. Nowadays, Google Docs and its associated software allows for a free, nearly-complete package that will allow nearly all small and mid-range businesses to conduct their work successfully, with enhanced sharing abilities across all platforms.

Pros

I love the fact that Google Docs is easily accessible from anywhere, and I love the sheer number of plugins and integrations available. MS Word is still my go-to for more intense document creation where I need to really worry about the finicky details, but Google Docs is far and away easier and quicker to use for 99% of all cases, to say nothing about the level of interconnectivity with its other offerings.

Cons

It's a minor annoyance, but it can be non-trivial to copy and paste between different programs. For instance, when writing tech manuals, I tend to use Scrivener as a way to keep very disparate sections separate, and to track wordcounts in a more powerful way. Copying and pasting between that program and Google Docs will often cause you to lose out on a lot of formatting, regardless of whether or not you opt to paste with full formatting. Other than that, and the occasional bug that results from transferring data from GDocs to MS Word, I can't say I've had many other issues.

Great for Cross-Platform Word Processing

I use Google Docs to create all our written documents, editing, commenting, sharing, and exporting to pdf. Being cloud-based, it's easy to send documents around the world and work on them wherever you have an internet connection. The only time I won't use it is for complex documents like pamphlets, documents that need novel design, or anything that requires an app like Pages or In-Design. My team loves the simultaneous editing feature, which allows our team to work on a document together remotely.

Pros

I generally dislike using the web apps, but in the case of Google Docs I acquiesce because it gives me cross-platform functionality. I work with employees and business owners, each of which have their preferred word processor. That means I have to do the work of managing Pages documents, txt files, and Word docs–which takes valuable time. By using Google Docs, I have documents in one editor, with little fuss. Plus, I can keep it all organized in Drive or export to my software word processor if I want more functionality. By far, I love Google Docs for the cross-platform ease.

Cons

Google Docs is a browser-based app, so it doesn't have the power or capability of a software Word Processor (like Pages or Word). As long as I need simple formatting, I can use gDocs, but when I need a brochure, report, or the like, I have to turn to my installed software. Also, being in the web/cloud, there's a certain level of trust you have to give to Google to keep your data secure. If you're not one to trust the cloud, using a cloud-based word processor may not be for you.

Google doc review

Overall my experience with Google dock is amazing it’s a simple to use system that is easily of assessable and shareable. Whatever Google Docs does not have it has the function to create add-ons to my drive. Google Docs off-line function that allows you to use Google docs even with out Internet ensures that deadlines will always be met and that the work will always be saved. Google docs his ability to transfer items from one phone into a shared system makes it easy for access to go between different types of system. I would honestly recommend Google docs for any business or media company.

Pros

I love how simple docs to us. Google docs allows you to use all the functions of word with the online ability to ensure that your work will always be saved. Google docs offline usage now makes it perfect for the on late night train rides where I am told to come up with With assignments on a deadline being without signal. Google Docs and surety that my work will still be saved ensures that deadlines will still be meet. Also how simple Google Docs is to use in transferring photos into Google Docs is amazing.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about Google Doc is how hard it can be to share outside of gmail. But google docs app ability to make files into pdf or document are a short solution to that issue.

Frequently recommend this to coworkers

Pros

Google Docs has all the features of Microsoft Word but costs nothing. Available to anyone with a Google account, Google Docs allows you to access your document from any device without having to carry around a flash drive. You can make adjustments to your paper from your phone or start a paper at a local library then finish it from your home computer with no extra effort. Google Docs saves changes automatically, so you will never lose your work if you computer crashes or dies. The ability to share documents with other Google accounts is perfect for team projects. Teammates can edit or create simultaneously and can see other edits in real time . Google Docs is now the only system I use for documents.

Cons

None. Every time I have recommended this software to a coworker or friend, they have been surprised by how many features there are and how easy it is to use.

A office solution wherever you are.

In general, google docs meets almost all of my needs, mainly document sharing and group editing. The integration with other google and android applications make google docs an indispensable tool for me today. Although I still think that other office suites have advantages over google docs, in the general assessment, google docs is still my first choice.

Pros

What i like most about google docs is the possibility to edit my files anywhere and be able to share them in a simple and practical way. I also like the option to save my photos and files in the cloud without having to worry about disk space on my pc. I also like the option of doing everything on the same platform and integrating my documents with goolgle tools. Best of all, I don't have to pay for it.

Cons

What I don't really like is the dependency that Google Docs has on the internet. If I am in a place where the internet connection is faulty or insufficient, google docs become impracticable. Another bad thing is that it is not always possible to have all the functions of microsoft excell or microsoft word in Google docs and this can be quite disappointing.

Google docs is a godsend!

I absolutely love it, it allows me to use creative freedom whether I'm typing up a resume, writing a story or even working with graphics to set up my sales forms or questionnaires! Its worth the time and effort of use!

Pros

Google docs can be used as a cross platform product, i.e smart phone, computer, and tablet. It auto saves your work! So even if you accidentally click out of the page its there! Or if you need to change platforms it's there! You can copy and paste pictures as well. It's great for saving grocery lists, screenshots, and much more! Google docs is also compatible with whatever settings you have on your computer, I say that because I have a dark mode browser set up so that my eyes aren't straining when I use my computer or tablet. So the program doesn't conflict with google docs.

Cons

There are very few con's to google docs however the biggest issues I've ran into with google docs is, the auto save is a double edge sword, so if you're like me and wake up with your phone in your hand and you discover you have accidentally typed why you slept or perhaps you've accidentally deleted it. Its saves and you could potentially lose what you worked on after a long stretch of time. (Most times the undo button helps but not after like a day of not touching the program) And when you're using it via computer or tablet you have to right click and select paste for it to paste it for you (its not that big of a detail, I just like hotkeys/short cuts)

Google Docs: Great for Personal, Business, and Educational needs

I find that the best thing Google Docs has done for me is saved time and headaches. I am able to keep track of files and data, all the time knowing that it is taken care of and won't ever be deleted. I don't have to worry about a computer crash or anything of the sort. Google keeps things organized and efficient.

Pros

I love how you can customize your storage for whatever use you need. Pictures, text, audio, it can all find a home. Personally, I use Drive everywhere, and the fact that I can take it anywhere is very convenient. I can access files anywhere I have a computer or my phone. For my work I use drive with my students. They can submit their own files to me for assignments and I can grade them using Drive in concert with Google Classroom. It is seamless and saves so much time.

Cons

I feel like the only thing this service could do better would be an easier way to find and locate files within the drive system. Sometimes it takes a little too long to track down a particular file or folder. I think part of that is because I am used to a 'desktop' format and this is not set up in that way.

Google Docs for content writing

We were having trouble collaborating with the content writers and sharing feedbacks Difficulty organizing documents especially because I use multiple computers. Imagine if your device stops working you may lose all of the documents, etc. But with their cloud-based solution all I need to do is log in from any device with my Gmail id and I can access it.

Pros

We have been using Google Docs for ages and we have seen significant improvement. The pros of it are: 1) Collaboration and accessibility: The ease of access with any other user is super. Unlike Dropbox wherein we saved the Ms Word file if two users access the same file at the same time it creates a duplicate. You can share the G Docs with unlimited people. 2) Feedback: So if you want any of your...

Cons

1) Basic themes layouts, and templates: Google needs to work on creating more templates. Right now there isn't enough of it. 2) Internet access: You will need to have internet access to access the files unless you have installed their Google Docs Offline

Google Doc's Change the way you think

This is an entire brain shift. To realize I no longer have to download a doc to my laptop, edit, save and upload makes my brain hurt. I just grab a tablet and work.. If you are young, in my opinion it is the way to go. I wish it was available 40 years ago, I would not be so set in my ways.

Pros

First off, to move from an install software to a cloud based software you HAVE to change the way you think. I am old, I sell GSuite, O365 and install LibreOffice. It has taken me a long time to embrace what I can do with Google Doc's I went from using it once a month to once a day. There is so much I can do from my phone Google Docs gives you the freedom to be fully mobile, Phone, Tablet, Desktop, Laptop. You ALWAYS have access to your docs if you can connect to the internet.

Cons

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks. I no longer can open up my laptop where there is no internet and work. So, I use the hot spot on my phone, except when I am on the phone the hot spot cuts off. So a bought a hot spot for the car so I can talk and type.

Life changing for collaboration, somewhat limited for Power Users

As I mentioned, the collaboration aspects are amazing. I genuinely could not run my non-profit without this. Now, I know that with Office365 you can work online, but in mid 2018 at least when I last tried to use it, I just laughed (then cried). It really felt that Word was designed to work offline, and they were bolting on the online version to keep up.... yep, that's probably true. Whereas Docs was...

Pros

Collaboration: in Google Docs this is amazing. If you've only ever used MS Word or another stand alone word processor it is hard to comprehend just how fantastic it is to be able to work with others on a document like you can in Docs. You can literally all just log in via a browser and work simultaneously. As someone who works remotely it is fantastic to be on a web conference and all have the file...

Cons

About the only thing that has ever really frustrated me about Docs is that I can't do more advanced formatting. In particular, the ability to auto number Heading 1, Heading 2 etc. You can in fact do this via a plugin (these are very handy ways of extending Docs functionality for free) but that only updates the numbers when you manually refresh. But in truth it works just fine (and most users never...

A simple solution for sharing documents

As I said above the biggest problem Google docs solved for our company is enabling all users to have free and immediate access to company documents. It is also great for sharing documents with people outside the company with a link and a few clicks.

Pros

It's great that it's free to use. We used to use Microsoft Office but since not all our staff had access to these programs so it became easier for us to share and edit documents as a team via Google docs. Even if a new staff member doesn't use Gmail they can either set one up for free or log into the work email to access google docs. It does everything you need and is only missing some of the more complicated features you can find in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

Cons

It's hard to use if your internet connection is inconsistent. Sometimes I like autosave but sometimes it's a pain. If I'm not sure about the changes I have to save a duplicate to keep the original. You also need to keep the Google Drive clean or you can end up with lots of useless untitled documents in your folders. Sometimes it can be hard to work out which docs are shared and which are originals in our drive.

My experience with Google Docs service.

Since I have started using Google Docs as my main documents editor my life as a student at Altinbas university became easier. Because of Google Docs, I don't need to take my laptop with me Instead, I can just use the computer of the university with full trust that my data are secured. I love this Google Docs because it helped me a lot and I hope that Google will keep updating this service to make better and better.

Pros

Google docs service was one of the best things that I have used in the past two years it helped me a lot in my academic field. The idea of being able to use Google docs anywhere and from any device was the greatest thing for me. Instead of holding a USB stick to and facing the risk to lose your work that you have been working on for months, I used google docs for that reason. In addition, this kind of service costs a lot of money when we talk about other companies, but with Google, it is completely free and with better features.

Cons

Well, I think that there are some problems that I have encountered during my use for Google docs. First of all, the lack of templates. there are only a few templates to choose from and this kind of limitation at least for me as an extensive user for this service. Diverse templates can help a lot and save time for students like me. Secondly, the flexibility of the service. This problem happens a lot even with high-performance PC and laptops and that made me wonder if the problem is from the service itself. I hope that the Google team can make it faster thereby, more people will prefer to use it more than the other choices in the market.

Smoother than SharePoint

Ultimately I prefer Google docs for collaborative projects, and more teams seem to be familiar with this software so we beat a learning curve by offering this option to work on first.

Pros

In comparison to SharePoint, GoogleDocs is smoother with real time updates and the ability to grab/drag data in Excel. I also like the ability to create a shared document (for free) across companies for situations where you are collaborating with vendors or clients. You can also share documents with specific users (with or without gmail accounts) and get a shareable link with either 'view only' or 'ability to edit' options. For the most part all the functions you need are there and easy to use. You can create a file in the desktop office suite and upload it into Google Docs.

Cons

You lose a lot of the functionality that you would get with the full office suite - specifically with excel. With SharePoint you have the option to open a document in the desktop version of excel and gain full functionality. I also run into issues with downloading documents from Google Docs and opening them in the desk top version of the office suite - for example with excel some rows download so small...

Perfect Word Processor for Individuals & Businesses

Amazing. It's totally changed how I work, moving everything to the cloud. I no longer think about how I can share a document with someone. Gone are the days of saving a file, emailing it to someone, waiting for them to finish working on it, receiving an email from them with the updated file, working on it myself, etc. I just input their email address in the file and we can work on it simultaneously, real-time.

Pros

Google Docs is an awesome platform for a number of reasons: - It's 100% free. - It's cloud-based, so no more lost/corrupted files, and files can be accessed anywhere. - It makes collaboration a snap. In a few clicks & key strokes, I can have a file shared with my entire team in 15 seconds. - It offers the most important features found in expensive, locally stored word processors such as Microsoft Word. - It's easy to use & has zero learning curve to it. Just start typing away! I do not see any reason to use any other word processing software.

Cons

There's very little to not like about Google Docs. The only thing worth saying is that some more in-depth features found in other paid software are not included by default, but there are many 3rd party extensions that can help you increase the functionality of your Google Docs account. Occasionally, these are not free extensions, which is annoying.

Google Docs

My overall experience with Google Docs is that it is easy to convert to a PDF file when I am writing articles, books, research, etc. and it is easy to format. If I am busy or away from home and an idea comes to mind, I can open Google Docs on my mobile phone and use its voice typing feature so I do not forget it. When I am working on a project with my students, we can work together on Google Docs...

Pros

What I like most about Google Docs is that it serves all of my needs for writing, working with my students, and my daughter and her friends love it too. Moreover, I love that Google Docs' features are far better than Microsoft Word. I had Google Docs and Microsoft Word and though I like them both, Google Docs allows me to do far more and be much more creative than Microsoft Word does. With Google Docs, I can create a website for my business and now, I am learning how to create apps using Google Docs. Moreover, Google Docs is user-friendly for beginners, which is why my daughter, her friends, and my students love using it.

Cons

What I like least about Google Doc is that it is difficult to format the page number when I am writing a book, but that is not enough for me to stop using it or to give it a negative review. I can always set the page numbers using PDF or a publishing platform.

Easy To Get Started, Good Sharing Options, Great Collaboration, Less Feature Rich then Word

Overall the collaboration that Google Docs offers makes the product worth using in a team environment. It is very beneficial to work together at the same time on a document especially if you were working in a remote company or with people who are not all in the same room. I recommend taking the time to learn the UI and learn all of the features offered so that when you are working and trying to get...

Pros

Google Docs makes it simple to input text and pictures, collaborate, and share documents amongst your organization. You can assign items to employees in your organization via comments, and keep up to date with changes made to any document! The versioning is fantastic to see changed what and when they changed it, and if mistakes are hard, the versions can be reverted. We use Google Docs to collocate on files when brainstorming, or writing up proposals. We also use google docs to draft up many items for our software developers and have collaborated with other companies on a shared doc to make projects more effective.

Cons

The software is less feature-rich than MS Word. For example the tables not have the same functionality and cannot be as well manipulated, whereas with MS word there are many things that can be done with a table to make them completely adhere to your needs. Coming from a different product, it takes time to get used to and locate the different features in the editor. The editor is slightly more confusing...

Improve the productivity of your team or company with Google Docs.

Google Docs brings a number of benefits to the productivity of your team or company, and consequently will lead to higher quality deliveries. The system is integrated with Google Drive, which facilitates collaboration, use and control.

Pros

• It is possible for several users to work simultaneously on the same document, keeping all updates visible in real time, where through a chat system, where you can communicate with the people who are viewing the same file. • Another very important feature in collaboration is the detailed control of permissions, where you can make files visible to specific people, or to everyone who works in the company. •...

Cons

• If you are not online, or do not have access to the Internet, you will not be able to work with the files, as you do not automatically have an offline copy on your computer, to use when you cannot access the Internet. • If someone holds your secret password, or is able to steal the password, they can log into your account and view your confidential files, edit documents or delete them.