Google Docs Reviews - Page 5

25,654 reviews

Google Docs Reviews

For writing reports or making and editing text files with a computer, the first tool that many people think of is Microsoft Word, but in fact, Google Docs is becoming more and more powerful. In addition to online editing, there are many super practical skills that make me more efficient in processing documents. Strongly recommend! 1. Google Docs can select all of the same style text and edit all at...

Pros

The most impressive function is the Multi-person editing chat room: No need to open another line to discuss while changing text. This is the most convenient feature of Google Docs is that you can edit the same document with more than one person at a time. In this case, if you want to discuss or communicate in real-time, you don’t need to open other communication software. There is an instant communication room in Google Docs. The dialog symbol next to the head will open the communication room, making co-editing more efficient!

Cons

Google Docs has the function of automatic archiving in real-time, and it will keep your change history. If you are dealing with long work or report text, sometimes you may need to go back to the previous version to make changes. At this time, just go to the "File" option in the upper toolbar. "Version history", you can select the modified version made at different times, and never have to press the back button!

Google Docs is packed of features while also being the ideal tool for collaborations

I am extremely happy with what I found after I started using Google Docs. I was looking for a lightweight tool that I could use without having to install anything on my devices and I found one of the most powerful tools for document creating / editing and never switched back since.

Pros

Google Docs is the solution offered by Google for creating, formatting and sharing documents. I used Google Docs in along with colleagues, when we had to make documents or reports and I can truly say that it was designed with collaboration in mind. The same document can be edited by multiple people in the same time, with the user getting notified by the changes made through the cleverly placed UI elements...

Cons

I think there are two features that can be improved: voice typing which is not always accurate and can take a while to get used to the commands - for example, saying "comma" or "period" for punctuation signs. Another feature that would be nice to get better is the quality of the video calls when doing them embedded into the application. I assume this takes a lot of bandwidth and required quite a good connection to the internet to work.

Google Docs Benefits Inside & Outside of the Office

This allows me to pool vital data into one document, similar to Excel but sans the hassles, formulas & issues with all users not even close to proficient as I'm typically lucky if they're barely functional with a basic understanding. It allows me to fully setup documents to easily display any and all information in fields and formats that are as easy to setup as they are to follow. I can then track,...

Pros

I absolutely love how versatile and user friendly Google Docs is, even for the most novice of users who has absolutely no prior experience with this software. Although they may not be ready to actually setup a document right out of the gate they can certainly input and retrieve data from existing Google Docs. For new users who are proficient with other types of Forms & Documents however, it's not...

Cons

Throughout my extensive history with Google Docs & daily use for both business and personal endeavors, I have zero cons and am without complaints. I've had nothing but positive results with anything & everything it's used for and it's 100% beneficial.

Collaboration Made Easy

Google Docs has completely changed the game of team collaboration and organization. I use Google Docs every day and it's so simple to create, organize and share documents across multiple team members. It saves so much time in having to save out a doc, organize it in a folder somewhere, attach it to an email, get the doc back with edits, etc. So much easier to create one document, share it directly from the Google platform to whomever needs access (and even control the type of access they have - PLUS!) and then allow the collaboration to happen within that same document. I could go on on it's ease of use, but overall...If you're looking for a tool to increase productivity and efficiency within collaboration, then Google Docs is it.

Pros

The absolute best thing about Google Docs is the ability to seamlessly and easily collaborate with team members across the same, or different, organizations. The platform is so easy for anyone to use and the platform similarity with Microsoft Office Documents makes it universally easy to use.

Cons

I don't like that there's not a better way to cross integrate Google Docs with other serve style/ storage platforms. We do a lot of work that includes a mix of documents and design files, and storing those files with Google Docs can be a bit cumbersome. I also wish there were more robust formulas and abilities within the Google Sheets platform. There are third party integrations that can easily be added into Google Sheets to make it more robust, but it would be easier if it was already integrated into it.

Do we even need to discuss how cool this tool is?!!!

This is the backbone of our office admin work. We use it for collaborating with the clients, they review and comment on the docs before we can finalize and go for signing or live work. We use this for our meeting agendas and also for simple documentation and training.

Pros

I like nearly everything about this tool. I can literally work from any computer, anywhere as long as I can access my Google Docs files. I worked on a few things during the last holidays, at the hotel we were staying (wife was not happy). I had an urgent task to review and I pulled up the files in a borrowed computer, finished the task, cleaned all history for security (it was a borrowed computer after all) and was off to the beach. Google docs provides a lot of extra add-ons which comes in really handy. Though most of the top shelf stuff are paid, not free like the Google docs itself. But they really make your life easier. And they are adding more functionality over time!

Cons

Only downside I have found in my years of use is the files get sluggish if there is a lot of data. A desktop solution like MS Word opens up really fast and loads all the text and images/diagrams in a sec, but being a cloud app, Google doc takes a few seconds to respond if you have loaded tons of stuff in there. But that is unaviodable and I dont hold it against them. Another rare annoyance is the server issue. Again since it is a cloud service, the app can not be expected to be live 100% of the time. A couple years back it was getting more frequent, like multiple times in a month. But it is a lot more sable now. I havent seen such an error in months.

Great alternative to similar software products and pricy competitors

We are in the auction business so we use Google Docs to track inventory and customer accounts to be sure which items go to which customer.

Pros

The best part is the cost, or lack there of. Google Docs came installed on my new computer and offers me the ability to perform tasks that would normally require a subscription for no out of pocket cost. I can create letterhead, track our inventory and create online ads for our business all in one place.

Cons

Previously we were using a competitor's product that required a subscription. Google Docs is very comparable, but there are a few of the in-depth options that are not available that I had grown accustomed to with its competitor.

Real-time collaboration with great features

The combination of great features mixed with the easy of real-time collaboration can't be beat. I'm very pleased with Google Docs and regularly use and recommend it for any projects in which I'm involved.

Pros

It's easy to use and full of features relevant for creating and editing all kinds of documents. But where Google Docs especially shines is in the ease of collaboration and sharing. You can share either by personal invites to other Google users (for the best security), or via a link that allows anyone to access. You also have detailed controls over what role you want to grant each person individually...

Cons

When saving a version of my Doc to my computer (usually done as .docx), it doesn't save the identity of other people who have worked on the file and made comments on it. All the comments are still there - there just isn't any way to tell who made them. The chat feature doesn't keep a record of what was said, which renders it useless to me. Anything relevant said in chat is lost if you have to refresh...

Best web based Document Editor you can get for Free

Since I am a Blogger and a part time recruiter, I happen to compose articles and receive a lot of Resumes. I find Google Docs very useful. I can access Resumes on the go on my mobile using Google Docs app for Android. Since it is from Google, we can store documents directly to Google Drive. The thing that I feel it lacks is support, I have to look for help topics or community forums in order to find an answer to a question that I have. The need seldom arises though.

Pros

The great thing about Google Docs is its free to use, supports standard formats like .doc, .docx and .odt and files are stored on cloud. Google Docs app is also available for Android and iOS, so it can be used on the go. Another great thing is it supports simultaneous modification of documents by multiple users. Most word processing features are available so we don't have to spend a lot of money on other commercial document editing software.

Cons

It has a web-based editor that works only when we have internet access, so if we are working remotely we need to first download documents and edit them in any other document editor. Support is available via forums or help section of Google Docs, unless we have G Suite subscription. No Windows version of Google Docs is available, can only be access via browsers.

Breakthrough online document editor when it came out and still ahead of the competition

GoogleDocs was groundbreaking when it came out and continues to be my go-to for creating new documents and sheets quickly for myself or sharing with others in business or at home.

Pros

Ease of use is the biggest factor. Being able to open the webapp and immediately begin working on a document or sheet as well as collaborate with others in real time. All of the basic editor functionality is there as well as some deeper features. Revision history is an excellent feature that allows viewing and reverting of versions.

Cons

It definitely doesn't have all of the features that the corresponding desktop apps have (MS Word and Excel), but there is an extension system where the community can develop and share more functionality though.

Google Docs: Reliable and Highly Trusted

Any document I have created, regardless if it's a chart, a slide, or a mock brochure, I can find in one place online or offline.

Pros

I can easily switch from Google Docs to Sheets without losing my progress. It makes figuring out budgets and target audiences for our demographics sincerely effortless. I find myself getting done twice the work I had been getting done using Microsoft. I can set up a commenting section and share with individuals as well as groups, so the brainstorming and collaborating can continue from around the world and back.

Cons

In all honesty, at this very moment, I have found no cons. I can't say that in the following years when we look to further expand that we won't, but as of three years strong with google, I have no complaints.

The go-to doc solution for those who use gmail

Overall, google docs rocks it. One of the best things for any startup to dive into and utilize.

Pros

Since g docs integrates seamlessly with gmail, it's an obvious thing to use (on a free account or business). It's easy to share with team members, collaborate, and organize. Even the little things like creating a doc in google and then saving it as a PDF to send to a client is a fast example of how much google docs just makes day to day work easier.

Cons

As our company has grown, so has all the stuff we need to store and manage. This is both a docs and google drive issue, though both are almost one in the same. With tons of stuff to store and manage it can quickly be difficult to find what your'e looking for when it's buried 15 layers deep in folders. The search functionality is amazing, but if you don't know the key words or what you need is not labeled right or in PDF format, then good luck finding it. Just be sure to set up good organization management.

Google Docs Review

Google docs is the best doc editing / collaboration software I've ever used. It's fast, stable and easy to get started. It accepts most popular file formats, files can be downloaded in a variety of formats, files are auto-saved and easy to share your documents as well as keep them private.

Pros

Google docs has several advantages that I like the most: 1. It saves on the cloud, meaning you can edit the doc on one of your device and review it on the other; 2. The powerful simultaneous editing by multiple users - google docs has the most powerful thread management system which tracks the order of editing and this makes the usage very easy and convenient; 3. Its powerful commenting system - one can almost comment on every single element of the doc and start a conversation discussing about it; 4. Its powerful admin system - this grants different power / authority to different users to the doc allowing them managing, editing and viewing. Overall, this is the number 1 option of text editing collaboration software.

Cons

Only several nits making it less convenient: 1. Only works as fast as your internet connection; 2. One must login to use it; 3. Missing some advanced formatting and style options only found in a traditional word editor (which I personally seldom need).

Nearly flawless, perfect for writing

Overall, I find Google Docs to be the superior content writing software. I've tried other writing softwares before and along the way, but nothing has ever compared to the ease of use and effectiveness provided by Google Docs. The minor issues I have faced with Google Docs are ultimately overshadowed by how powerful and useful its benefits are and the amount of tools it provides me with to ensure I always have what I need.

Pros

I've used Google Docs for nearly a decade at this point and I've never had the desire to utilize another writing software. gDocs is one of my favorite tools to use because it puts a focus on ensuring that your writing is the focal point - there's no unnecessary fancy gimmicks, nothing to distract you from your work, and it's such an effective business tool. One of the best features Google Docs offers...

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to properly utilize the Shared document functionalities. I have had a few issues here and there involving the process of sharing my content with other users. There are also times where it can be difficult to tag comments on the content others have shared with me. Also, it can be difficult to locate past documents when using the search functionality. It doesn't always provide accurate results which can be frustrating when you're looking for a specific document.

Google Docs: Compatible and Accessible Anytime, Anywhere!

Overall, I can say that Google Docs is your place to be if you wish to create and edit documents files that are meant to be collaborative and shared; of if your doc file is of vital importance, that it needs to be available to you anytime and anywhere. Being available anywhere and real time collaboration through Google Docs helps promote team work and productivity in our workplace, making each and everyone of us efficient employees.

Pros

Google Docs is definitely compatible to most devices and there is little of a chance that it won't. If you cannot download the application, then access Google Docs through any web browser and sign in to your google account (which is, by the way, very easy to create if you have none yet!). So, yes, it is accessible anytime and anywhere. This feature of great convenience is what I like most about Google...

Cons

Google Docs even has a comment feature, which I really like as well. It makes every file available for a collaborative effort. Every end of week and end of month, whenever we generate a report of the accomplished requests weekly and monthly, our entire team gets to work with one file altogether, not only because the file in Google docs are accessible and shareable, but also because the comment feature...

Google Docs Replaces Office 365 (if you can handle the initial transition)

Google Docs replaces all lightweight usage of Word, Excel etc. However, if your company heavily relies on Excel it'll be difficult to convince the power users to switch. Sheets has calculation limitations with very large data sets. It's an easy replacement for 99% of use cases for Word with all the advantages of easy sharing within a G Suite environment.

Pros

Our company completely switched off of using Office 365. There was a transition cost and many people complained about minor features missing from Word which we had to find workarounds. However, we were able to find workarounds and since it's included with our G Suite license it's saved us thousands per year. Everything is backed up and easy to share and we don't have to worry about dealing with future updates with Microsoft that cause us to buy new licenses or a costly yearly payment.

Cons

It's getting very close to feature parity with Office however it's still not 1-1. Google Sheets *just* released the ability to check for duplicates, prior you had to use a freemium browser extension. Training users who were very familiar and comfortable with Word was time consuming even though they are similar.

Don't have Word installed on your PC? Never fear! Meet Google Docs!

Google Docs is extremely helpful in my daily tasks and when I am mobile. As a manager, it's easy for me to access my documents and edit them on the fly wherever I am. As a freelance transcriber, it helps a lot with my tasks with its audio to text feature.

Pros

As a design manager, I often do proposals and reports using a word processing software. I am always on the go. Google Docs enables me to edit files online and access it anywhere, anytime provided you can go online. If you are used to use Microsoft Word, then your right at home. The interface is similar and a breeze to use. If you don't have a laptop, you can open Google Docs using a smartphone or...

Cons

Nothing really. It has all the features of a word processing software. You just need a reliable internet connection. Just make sure you save your file every time you have edited your document. Well yes it does have an AutoSave feature, but always keep a backup by email or your USB drive, in case you don't have internet access.

Google Docs

Three of the members of my team work remotely, so we are not always in the same office. Google Docs allows me collaborate with them on all of my projects. My team can see/suggest edits and even comment on documents without loosing the original content. Because we are all so busy, it great to be able to do this at our own convenience and not have to block out time in our calendars for meetings.

Pros

I love that fact that I can share a document with my entire team and they are able to edit/add content remotely. I have use other types of software that provide the same type service but they were very clunky and had a lot less features than their apps. Google Docs is very intuitive and very easy to understand which makes it a breeze for people on my team who have never used it before.

Cons

I have noticed that with larger more complex documents, that it does take some additional time to load. It's understandable and not that big of an inconvenience, and in the scope of things definitely NOT a deal breaker.

I CANNOT PRAISE GOOGLE DOCS ENOUGH

As stated before, I'd be remiss if I didn't share how absolutely integral this app has been in both my academic and professional development. Google Docs has been with me seemingly EVERY step of my academic and professional path and has played an absolute VITAL role in my experiences, accomplishments, and most importantly, my growth. It's been my go-to, number one, and uncontested app of choice to...

Pros

Ok I seriously SERIOUSLY don't know where I'd be without Google alone, but Google Docs, that's a whole another level of deep seated appreciation and eternal gratitude. Google Docs has been with me seemingly EVERY step of my academic and professional path and has played an absolute VITAL role in my experiences, accomplishments, and most importantly, my growth. Because of its unparalleled ease, user...

Cons

There's nothing I can complain about with Google Docs, not even if I tried. I'd be a liar if I dared to try and even remotely mar their undeniably virtuous app supporting endeavors.

A solid solution for collaborative document authoring

Flawless. Working with my colleagues in my company and also many external organizations that I provide consulting, is a breeze. Organization is easy and with versioning there is no need to create any copy of a document ever. A single point of truth as they say, is easily achieved, and everyone involved knows where to find what at any time. If you spend a little time to create 2-3 protocols on how a...

Pros

The Google Docs platform offers a variety of office document authoring environments, that we all used to get from Microsoft (and Lotus 1-2-3) for the older users like me. It was from the beginning that I tried the tools, that the easy way of collaborating with others took me by surprise. I still use Google Docs to author documents together with my team and it our official solution for our spreadsheets. Google...

Cons

I would like for the Google Slides to be a little more modernized. For instance the morph transition from Microsoft's PowerPoint is a great addition to any lecturer or presenter that wants to create easy transitions between slides that convey their narrative to motion, and guide the audience's eyes to the focal point of the presentation. Also, the embedding of documents, especially presentations, would...

My favorite collaborative software

I never lose work and can have all of my docs on Google cloud. Sharing documents is incredibly easy and collaboration is smooth.

Pros

Google Docs is great for both collaborative writing work and personal writing. The auto save feature ensures that you do not lose work as long as you are connected to the internet, and the history feature ensures that you can take a look back at work you may have written over. Google Docs is easy to use, free, and has most functionality that Word Doc has. Hundreds of downloadable add-ons give users...

Cons

I can't set a "default" font. This is kind of petty, but I personally hate Ariel font and I have to manually change the font for body text and headings every time. Like I said, it's petty.

Google docs will be a perfect tool if there are more advance formatting tools

As a research students of my university, I used to co-operate with my mates on writting journals. With Google Docs, we can share our link with each others, and with the history and avatar, we could recognised the ealier version and its aurthor. This feature has benefits most of the researchers in which we can create and correct our peers' content directly and then combine them together. Therefore, we have higher productivity as we are not require to send our docs file to each other repeatedly.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the feature - autosave. This feature has enabled users to save their documents file in drive or even offline. Hence, this feature has reduced the risks where documents will be unsaved when the browser is either on the offline condition or even sudden shutdown.

Cons

The formatting style of other docs files created by offline software like WPS or Word is difficult to duplicate in Google Docs. This has affected the performance as it takes a long time for readjusting the format again. In other words, we make the formatting job redundantly, from adjusting in WPS or Word and then readjust in Google Docs for Team Work.

Where do I start? I love Google Docs!

Love-love-love it. As I mentioned above, I use Google Docs daily and my life has become much simpler thanks to it. I use it both for work purposes as well as for writing papers for my education.

Pros

I love writing. It's not just for work but in general, I love writing. I have used Google Docs for work for writing articles and the best feature is AUTOMATIC SAVING. No kidding! I've had so many problems with Word documents when it would crash JUST as I was finishing up an article or whatever I was writing and I would have to do it all over again. With Google Docs, I don't have to worry about this...

Cons

Google Docs sometimes kills the formatting of the imported Word Documents, but I guess this is unavoidable. Besides, now that more and more of my teammates are switching to Google Docs, this problem is disappearing.

The best alternative for any word editing software

Google docs is a great choice for me. Office stuff such as train schedules, team efforts, financial records and personal stuff like plans and proposals are managed using google docs. I cannot think about an alternative with the benefits that google docs offers me. So I would like o recommend google docs everyone and I'm pretty sure that it will make your life easier.

Pros

Google docs is on of my favorite software which I have been using for 2 years. I am using it on a daily basis mainly as a text editor. Railway stations are spread-ed all over the country so that employees work in different stations. As a station master google docs really helps me since it reduces the lag time to email documents to the other station masters. That corporate communication feature allows...

Cons

Google docs works with a proper internet connection. I have experienced some situations where there is no way of connecting to the internet and then I won't be able to access the program. This is the biggest issue for me with google docs so far. Normally I work with documents that are not too large in size but rarely I have experienced that when I try to edit larger documents, google docs becomes slow.

Google Docs Review

Great thanks to my mentor, since he introduced Google Docs 11 years ago in our volunteering work for the community, I've been a loyal user of Google Docs. I successfully manage to implement my Google Docs-savviness into my offices' work, as well as for my current business afterwards. I often stored files from the resource speakers as my Google Docs and shared them to all participants at easy and no hassle. I also stored the files as my Google Docs for my business portfolio to showcase to potential clients, and even share them for my happy client. The benefits cannot be counted, Google Docs saved my life!

Pros

I remember the first time I was being introduced to use Google Docs was in 2008 by my mentor, Sylvain Henry from Canada, it was like, wow....this online tool is super efficient and superb! It's integrated seamlessly with our Gmail account along with other fantastic Google Products. It's very easy to use, even for first timer. I no longer have to worry searching for my missing files from my harddisk...

Cons

When I don't have an internet connection, then I cannot open my files inside my Google Docs. I have to download all the files into my harddisk as a backup. Would it be possible to make all my files in Google Doc are automatically stored offline into my harddisk in the near future?

Google Docs Review

Overall, it is pretty much perfect simplest document app/program. It crashed only one time in more than three years of use. Well integrated with all other Google apps. We receive a lot of improved updates and add ons. it is fast reliable and easy to use. It is perfect for my needs and I highly recommend it.

Pros

The best thing I liked about this software is the seamless collaboration. I can start a blank tab in the android app, and continue the work on chrome device/ laptop. We can work in a group if my colleague shares something I would know it immediately and can edit it if I want. It is also very useful for making notes, as if I get an idea at a random moment, I can easily share it with Google Docs, and...

Cons

The app version has very less features than the web version. I would love if there was a choice of background, dark mode is everywhere. There should have an option to add documents to home screen. Another option, "pick up where I left off" is missing, it is boring it always starts in the beginning. My friend has Chromebook, and it is terrible in that operating system. Sometimes it randomly makes documents available offline even after I turn off this feature.