Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Pros

So if I do not have my laptop on me because I am out of the office I can use my cellphone. My team also likes that we can share our notes with each other for progress updates and team notes.

In summary, it is an excellent application that fulfills what it promises.

Cristopher v.

It's also great that I can access it across many devices after just signing in just incase I needed my notes while I was elsewhere. This tool is great for also taking notes during meetings, etc.

Caitlyn H.

Cons

One of the most frustrating aspects of this program was the loss of information. Annual program updates would lose data from the prior version to the updated version.

Ruth B.

The level of familiarity with the app by my team had some people ineffective at using it in the beginning.

I'm confused why it's not possible to integrate it with Outlook.

Sarah S.

A perfect substitute for your old Notepad

On my business side, it is a way to organize all my tasks, users, passwords, network paths, serial numbers, servers names, it is easy to find the information that I want, the idea of notes works very well on the business side. Therefore, I use it on my personal life as well, to organize my grocery shopping, some budgets, stocks price, passwords and users from portals, sites. It is a secure tool provided by Microsoft.

Pros

Easy to use, has very good functionalities, it is totally integrated with the Microsoft Office programs, are the information are stored on the cloud, I can edit something on my computer and continue it on my mobile or tablet.

Cons

It is not so easy to use on the beggining, till you get the idea of create "notes" inside it, I know a lot of people which did not migrate to this tool because of this.

Place to organize official notes

My organization partnered with Microsoft. I have got access to Onenote application via my official outlook ID. I am using this application to track my day-to-day activity, Save important points to speaking in status calls ,Tracking my skill growth and also I am using this as a mini agile for my project activity.

Pros

1. I love this various colours indicators for each tab it helps me to priorities. 2. We able to view notes in a horizontal structure. 3. 7 step hierarchy organization for each note. 4. It didn't use much in drawing and assistance features, but it is also cool.

Cons

I didn't feel any major cons in this application. But still they need to improve their web add-on feature.

OneNote for every note!

I use onenote for business meetings for note taking, tracking takeaways and sharing them with the whole team. We all have access to the same notes, same takeaways and can all add to the meeting notes. I also like to use it for keeping track of information I might come across that I want to follow up on at some point, putting my ideas down so I don't forget them. Clipping articles/webpages so I can refer back to it. Create to-do lists.

Pros

If you are working in the Microsoft eco system OneNote is a must. Taking notes and keeping track of information is simple since it is tied into every Office/O365 application; Sharepoint, Word, Outlook even when browsing the web. Can be used for note taking during business meetings, training/school, planning vacations, shopping list. Uses are limit less. Best of all you can do it from what ever device you have with you and your notes will be available to you everywhere.

Cons

Onenote is such a powerful tool that it can be overwhelming to get a grasp on all that it can do and how to best use it for your situation.

Good for taking notes and project management

I use OneNote to keep track of weekly bullets and accomplishments. It is useful for when I have to draft my end-of-year accomplishments for my annual performance review.

Pros

I started using OneNote a few years ago and it was very easy to learn and become familiar with. Before using OneNote, all of my notes were in various notepads and were disorganized. OneNote helped me organize everything and put it all in one place.

Cons

OneNote is a quite basic tool with a simple purpose. For some, it may not add much utility over other note-taking and project management software.

Many problems for a renowned product

I would give this a 3/5 star but considering how well-known and popular it is, then I can't give it more than a 2 star. It's ok. Note this is the windows Microsoft Windows 10 version which is not the same as the Office 365 Onenote 2016 ... let alone others. MS Whiteboard has issues but is much better overall.

Pros

Pros: Wide range of functionality. You can convert to different file types and insert files into it rather easily. It has great cloud support and is overall easy to access.

Cons

Cons: There is great support for onenote on the web, but at least 90% of the searches I've done to troubleshoot an issue or functionality apply to one type of Onenote and not another... for some reason. I've spent many hours troubleshooting options that don't exist for one type or another. Example: The ink-to-math is not present in this version. The ink-to-draw is not present in the office 365...

OneNote Review

OneDrive sets the bar for easy simple productive note taking.

Pros

OneNote is one of the easiest most scalable note taking applications available in the industry today.

Cons

There is really few cons to using OneNote. Sometimes the interface can be a little difficult to format on the page.

The software to write notes in the cloud

I love to plan things using the software, it is very practical and useful.

Pros

The greatest feature of this software is the ability to store notes that are directly into the internet using the cloud. You can also use it to work with anybody else at the same time in different places just using the same archive.

Cons

It isn't too much to say negative cons but about one thing, it is a little bit of intrusive if you have by default the software to start up while the computer its turning on.

Taking notes made easy

Its been fairly good, for my line of work I have to create lots of user guides, and OneNote simplified a lot that task. Also, in meetings i take lots of notes and I can easily organize them.

Pros

I liked how taking notes with pictures, graphics and more has become a lot more easier since I started using OneNote, it has simplified a lot of my work when dealing with creating usage guides and such.

Cons

I havent been able to find a easy way to share data to another coworker. It would be awesome if it where possible that several people could edit at the same time.

the best organizer

Very good, it has helped me a lot to organize my work schedule, and my notes from my university classes

Pros

Practicality, and classifying my study and work notes

Cons

I liked everything, its simplicity and practicality makes it perfect

Not my first choice

I need to concede, that at the outset I had numerous issues getting myself set up with one note, however from that point forward, it has been an outright lifeline. The entirety of my archives are in one region, I can get to them from each PC I own and Id need to say I use it regular, I in a real sense couldn't abandon utilizing this program.

Pros

Microsoft OneNote is loaded with numerous highlights that go past taking notes; it likewise gives you a few different ways to change pictures over to message. For instance, the OCR instrument permits you to snap a photo of an archive, business card, flyer or whiteboard, then, at that point extricate that content. You would then be able to save that content in OneNote, Microsoft Word or Standpoint....

Cons

Matching up can take some time , Unacceptable portable application, Average web cutting augmentation

This is the digital notebook you were looking for

Microsoft One Note is an excellent program and I am a big fan of it, the variety and the tools they give us are the best complement for a great job.

Pros

Microsoft One Note is a great digital notebook to capture all your ideas, plans to remember and you can use it anywhere you want. The program is excellent because it automatically saves and synchronizes all the information you are developing, you can draw the ideas you have and also add information from other pages without problems, this program has a great support for handwriting, you can use it on any device and at any time even if you lose internet connection you can continue doing your work and be sure that as soon as you are connected again all the information will be there. The integration of this program with your devices is excellent, fast and easy to use. The support is unique as they give you the information you need to know and it is the official help of the company.

Cons

The feature that could be improved is the dissemination of the program in order to improve the work of various users who are not yet familiar with it. The program requires some time to get used to it but after that it is an amazing option.

Microsoft OneNote

Overall, If you're looking for a digital notebook, OneNote is the best solution for daily use.

Pros

This is really good digital notebook for keep records, all the features and the interface is really cool and very easy to use, well managed and well arranged. most of times I used this with my surface pro and the handwriting identification also really good.

Cons

Nothing any trouble given till now. really good product

OneNote, a multipurpose 21st Century Tool for Lifelong Learners

I plan my classes and curate content. OneNote has helped me shape the way I organize and manage my classes and curate content as a participant, presenter and author. I can search content in all my notebooks in a very short time, create portfolios of learning progress over years, move, copy, archive and delete sections or pages. Digital ink, lasso conversion, linked notes, degrees of privacy, audio...

Pros

I like everything. It helps me organize content, plan, deliver & assess learning paths, keep records of multimedia resources supporting learning beyond school walls through assistive technology, data management with support and feedback to allow student voice, choice and agency as well as autonomous learning.

Cons

I only dislike the fact that I did not use it as a student. I wish I had had such a powerful learning app at school. It is permanently adding new features to make learning accessible, memorable and enjoyable not only for students but for PD , content curation and regular use at home.

Replacement for blackboard

I use OneNote to lecture, using hand writing to match note taking pace of students. We think that for physics note taking and home reviewing them is an essential step in learning as it stimulates immediate questioning if something is not understood. Projecting the screen affords for large class rooms. Changing colors, moving sketches around works well, notes can then be turned into pdf or edited to...

Pros

Handwriting with a Microsoft Surface and its pen is easy, erasing is natural, select and move also. You can color your handwriting afterwards. For lecturing you can enlarge what you wrote, or pick up a detail of a sketch. I use it with small squares, which help writing in an orderly way. Printing can be of a single sheet, a section or more. The vey few times I went into a crash, recovery was fast and essentially no data was lost, all essential in a lecture.

Cons

Sometimes, quite rarely, the whole sheet moves, it probably depends on how you approach your hand before positioning for writing, this might be something inherent to pen tablets. In older versions the management of the sheet format (finite size vs infinite) was easier.

All your notes in one place

OneNotres has been a part of my arsenal of tools for the enterprise environment. I have used it on a personal level as well. I have used both the loal and cloud version, choosing the cloud due to my ability to access from any device. You can also add a local copy, depending on your subscription level, and sync your online content to your local machine. This helps in keeping your data in 2 places at once.

Pros

Microsoft OneNotes offer a single place to enter, manage and access all your notes. It provides flexibility in how you organize your content. From simple note taking to more complex graphics and images, OneNotes lets you organize in efficient ways. The use of tags helps you find what you need across multiple notebooks, section and pages. No more having to navigate through complex and cumbersome folder...

Cons

OneNotes tend to have a different layout between the online version and the downloaded version. This might bring some confusion to some users. Microsoft is moving more towards the cloud, and until this becomes the norm and their downloadable applications can mimic the cloud experience, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

A centralized location for all your notes

Currently, I used OneNote to organized my meeting's notes and to attach them into an email so it's easy for me to send it to my colleagues. This is sometimes very useful when you are in hurry and wanted to inform what are the points were discussed in the meeting. Secondly, it is also very convenient to use it on all the platforms whether I wanna use it on my phone or my computer. I am exploring more ways as this is a powerful tool and has very few limitations which make it value for money.

Pros

it gives you the ability to create your notes as you create on a physical notebook, moreover, this notebook can be accessed from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. The most unique part of OneNote is you can add multimedia and create your documents as much presentable as want. These documents can also be shared with others like your friends or colleagues, it would make this software as a one-stop solution for most of the writing and editing of your notes. I used many older versions of OneNote and then after upgrading to new versions of OneNote I came to know that your older note will not get erased. you can also use OneNote app for your smartphones which makes easier to modify your changes or to view any documents on the go.

Cons

One thing I would ever want in OneNote is the integration between various platforms, Currently, Onenote allows you to create notes or documents to share it with only OneNote users, whereas if I want to share it with Evernote users it will not give me an option for that. Moreover, I can not even import Evernote's documents notes into OneNote or vice versa. There are other ways through which you can do it but for that one has to download a migration tool. The security is also one of the issues which I always take into consideration when creating any personal note where I wanted it to be encrypted with a password. There should be some ways into OneNote where you can have a personal space which can be used for those secure documents.

Office Product with the fewest syncing issues.

Pros

I'm completely dependent on OneNote. It's so easy to use and flexible, it holds every project in my life now, from planning out and organizing 60 slide competitor analysis presentations, to scheduling recipes for meal plans. It plays well with the other products, and unlike Word, I've never had a problem with syncing conflicts and generating unnecessary backup local copies, and I have yet to lose...

Cons

Very few, it's so flexible it fills in a lot of gaps. I'd like it to be more visually customizable, like if you could add a backdrop of a chart or table similar to the Stormboard templates. Right now it just has a few pastel colors and lined and gridded paper types.

Loved as a college student and LOVE as a teacher!

Great experience! Would 100% recommend the software to teachers and college students.

Pros

OneNote (not the online version) is one of the most user-friendly, helpful pieces of software I have ever used. As a college student, I took all my notes using One Note. The program is designed simply, which makes taking notes so easy! One of my favorite features is that my notes can be open on any device using my Windows account. As a teacher, I used OneNote as a "white board" while teaching virtually. I loved the different pen options. There was hardly any lag. When I used my Huion tablet to write on OneNote, the program even picked up my pen pressure.

Cons

Honestly, I have very little cons for OneNote software. Sometimes, the program would freeze up or jump around. But that glitch was likely due to me trying to do too many things at once. The online version of OneNote I despise. There is quite a bit of lag and when using my Huion tablet, any button pressed on the pen caused right-click options to pop up. Very annoying. There are basic pen colors, which is fine, but I don't prefer the online version at all. If you're just typing notes, the online OneNote can be very useful. But for online learning, online OneNote is not as good as the software.

Essential tool for Project Management and bridging the learning curve of new projects and assignment

My projects are time sensitive and require decisions to be made based on ever changing policies, environment, and client requests holding to original deadlines. I do not have the luxury take my time to learn new project/assignments, nor time to spend 20 minutes looking for data or information I know I saved somewhere. It is essentially an extension of the memory portion of my brain and keeps me organized with action items for myself and my team, tabs for notes on meetings to hold everyone accountable, and Templates to save time composing emails and specific documents. I have been pretty much on top of my game because of this software. Thank you.

Pros

This product is amazingly easy to organize/collect data when you are in a fast paced environment and do not have photographic memory. As I work through out the day new information comes in from team members, meetings, clients, management, etc. and you can enter the data, cut and paste or drag a file into tabs that you create on the fly so you know where it is and can go back to reference it anytime you need.

Cons

I really can't think of anything except trying to convert content to another format if the recipient doesn't have OneNote. Usually I just go to the tab and cut and paste the info into an email to send. Its not a big deal.

essential part of my daily work

Overall, an essential part of my work flow, have used it extensively during any project planning and

Pros

offers a lot of very useful features almost like a full fledge word processor for a free, great for note taking, clipping, sharing.... Includes web and mobile versions. Easy to use especially if you are familiar with Office. Can be used as a stand alone product.

Cons

Like most Microsoft products, it can be slow and crashes without notice, unknown errors which are hard to interpret or fix pop up every now and then, pasting pictures needs some refinement as aligning pictures can be hard since it deals with the "page" as an open space.

Highly sophisticated note taking software with several functionalities

Microsoft OneNote is a very user friendly and easy to use platform with a variety of functionalities that make the process of taking notes much easier and allow you to collaborate with others as well. It is very efficient when taking fast paced notes and has a variety of tools to make the process as smooth as possible.

Pros

Mircrosoft Onenote is equipped with a variety of functionalities that go beyond note taking purposes. One of my favorite tools to use is the conversion of images to free text and editing the text. Also, it offers the conversion of audios and videos to free text and I find this to be extremely helpful when taking meetings notes in a conference or even for classroom purposes. Moreover, it provides a variety of tool to edit the text entered into the notes making it look more professional and detailed. Microsoft one note use varies depending on the desire function ,therefore, I highly recommend this software for office setting purposes.

Cons

The software's' storage space is very limited and therefore, I believe that it needs to be improve as well s enhancing the PC software version since it can be very slow most of the time. Importing/exporting catalogs messes up the format of the notes but it might be due to a malfunction on my side.

One of the ideal choice for people who like to be organised!

Pros

I’ve always struggled to find an app that streamlined all the notes that I have to save. When I first started using one note in 2017, it was a great way to gather all my thoughts in one place. I can continue where I left off and choose how I want to divide them into different sections and headings! I’ve also been able to advise a lot of small companies where I coach managers to start using this as a tool to share ideas amongst team members who can then grow the ideas further by brainstorming! I’ve been hearing positive feedback from other users to whom I have recommended this great software to.

Cons

If it is being used in team situations, if all the members of the team don’t get to use the product in the same way or understand the use of the note and it’s purpose, then it can be hard to collaborate using software. However the help guides can always be handy to solve such issues! So I don’t really have much negatives other than team environments where too many different heads thinking differently might complicate the notes sharing process.

A must have for note taking

OneNote is perfect while doing deep work. Pairing it with a digital pen (Surface Pen) gets as close as writing in paper notebook. The fact that all my notes are available in cloud across all devices at any time is very useful while switching devices at college/work/home.

Pros

A free-flowing, never-ending, no constraints canvas. The canvas is just as a blank sheet of paper that grows infinitely in all directions. OneNote allows the user to add texts, images, annotations or any object anywhere on the canvas - flexibility allows for creativity and better experience while taking notes. I've used OneNote on a laptop with keyboard and also on tablet (Surface Go) with a digital pen. Note taking experience is fluid in all input forms. User Interface is intuitive and allows the user to focus on the writing. The Dark UI is a must try, the high contrast UI makes the colors pop and it's easy on the eyes.

Cons

OneNote resembles a traditional notebook in a digitized manner. It is most suited for users who write structured, content heavy notes. It is not ideal for adding rapid notes on the fly - say shopping lists. (Google Keep, Notion might come in handy here).

Shareable Note Taking App for Organization and Productivity!

This application has improved my productivity and efficiency significantly. I use this in my personal and professional work environments. I also have the application on my phone which is so handy. Most note taking apps are not as organized as this is. I have also found OneNote to offer the most features in terms of annotates, sharing, and adding other forms of media to notes. I will be using OneNote for the rest of my career I believe.

Pros

The most impactful features are the sharing capabilities with your team. It allows you to share and edit notes with anyone. They can make real time edits on your note and it's extremely effective at building team communication and collaboration. I also value the incredible organizational structure of notebooks, sections, and pages. I am able to keep everything separated and it's very easy to use. You can also insert audio clips, drawings, PDF printouts, and more!

Cons

Some PDF's are too large to insert as a printout document, so I would really appreciate the developers allowing larger files to be inserted as a PDF printout. That is really my only concern.

Great Product for all the odd notes and document snippets you have

This tool is great for getting all topically related content into one place for organization, sharing, and even simple presentations (no, everything doesn't need to be a PowerPoint).

Pros

This is very intuitive, easy to use, and flexible. No you don't want to replace Word or Excel with it, but you DO want to paste documents and spreadsheets into it that belong together - in fact anything that belongs "together" can pretty much be pasted in and formatted so that you can find and present it fast and easily.

Cons

Not much to dislike - it could use a bit beefier spell checking (which I think is actually in a newer version than I use), and some tools to layout the pages a bit better would be nice - please Microsoft DON'T use the one in Visual Studio as a starting point!