OneDrive Reviews

Pros

I love OneDrive's seamless integration into my computer. It doesn't feel like I'm using a separate drive to store my documents; it simply feels like I am saving my documents on my computer.

RH

Regina H.

What I like best about this software is its ease of use and integration with Microsoft products and services.

MW

Matt W.

This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive but.

Imi C.

Cons

This may be because of our internal security but the whole login "thing" with this seems inconsistent and annoying. I understand the reason for it and how it's used, it just makes me nuts sometimes.

JM

Jill M.

Where do I begin, it constant instability, it is very hard to use use, sharing process and access permission are coming from hell and the version control is simply sadistic.

The most problem I have as a user is the sync problem, sometimes it gets stuck and you have to restart your computer.

6,097

3,226

10,423 reviews

Andrew R P.

Pastor

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Well integrated Document Sharing; Lacks Polish

Transcript

Andrew P.: Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm a pastor. I'm reviewing OneDrive. I give it three out of five stars. And...

Easy to use and Functional Cloud File Storage

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a lead system engineer, and I give OneDrive a four out of five rating....

Better cloud storage and file sharing than ANY other

For cloud storage and file sharing, this is seriously the best and most affordable option. I LOVE IT!

Pros

The price is great - I get it with my $7/month Microsoft. You get 1TB of storage. it's easy to upload photos from your iPhone. It's great for cloud storage. I love it for managing projects and organizing files together with clients.

Cons

The search kinda stinks - you can't just search in one folder, which is strange. The user interface takes a little time to get used to. None of the cons outweigh all the pros though.

Faz Jus ser um produto Microsoft

Um Programa escolhido para guardar os arquivos da corretora dentre muitos que existem e inclusive ganhou de programas gratis e com mais armazenamento.

Pros

A rapidez e segurança no trafego de dados. Mesmo com muitos usuarios a perda de dados de sincronização nunca aconteceu.

Cons

O Armazenamento basico é muito basico e dificulta a entrada de novos usuarios pagos.

Great for certain uses, not for others

I've never had the constant prompt for re-sign-in with DropBox; it just always works. OneDrive lacks a LAN Sync, so it has to go to the Internet for everything even if everyone on your team is on the same network. It has really been useful however for remote work as long as everyone stays signed in and synced. We have to train users to be on the lookout in the system tray and make sure they have a blue cloud before they shut down. We've had people sign in after a week of vacation, and the sync start back up and wreak havoc. If OneDrive has an error it's too quiet about it, you can be working on files all day and not know it hasn't synced if you're not looking for it.

Pros

I really like that this offers to back up your local desktop / documents / pictures. There's also the version control so you can easily retrieve a deleted file or go back to a different version if you mess one up.

Cons

From an administrator standpoint, trying to get users on-board with it can be challenging. OneDrive will just sit quietly in the system tray signed out or not syncing in a lot of cases. Users will ignore or click away any of the alerts and the files won't get backed up. You have to actually turn on the "important files" backup, it isn't on by default. It can mislead users into thinking their stuff is OK while OneDrive might be wanting YET ANOTHER SIGN-IN and quietly sits in the tray doing nothing.

For official documentation must choice service

For official Use Onedrive provides pretty good support as cloud storage. Integrations with Office 365 makes our work more easy. Work from remote place is very easy,by the help of work group sections and realtime synchronization. Top quality sequrity system provided by Microsoft help us to share files without any hesitation.

Pros

Sequrity of Onedrive is the best of it, it has high quality encryption, for this we can easily share our official files, without any hesitation. Storing files in cloud is easy and organized, can able to store perfectly. Backup of that files also extraordinary, it's also give warning before any delatation. By mistake any files delated ,I can easily recover later. Realtime syncing with team member is awesome. Data organized properly in onedrive storage, super easy to find the files by search option. Integration with office 365 , help me to utilize my times perfectly.

Cons

For large files opening I feels like it lags some times, other than that is very perfect for me. Copying multiple folder little bit tricky for new users. They can also improve their Mobile UI.

de nube a mega nube

Realmente cambió la manera en la que yo veía las nubes... Siempre las vi como muy costosas, por lo que tenía varias cuentas en algunas nubes en sus versiones gratuitas y era muy cansado gestionar eso. Hasta que un día tenía que instalar office y mi vida cambió pues fui por la opción 365 y de pronto tenía 1TB en Onedrive y me di cuenta que pude tener un respaldo de mis archivos, y luego ya no era mi...

Pros

muy amigable se actualiza prácticamente sola muy conveniente económicamente hablando trae plus

Cons

cantidad de almacenamiento el ser administrador

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

Pros

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

Cons

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

Stuck with it - for better or worse

The only file-storage that I can actually use with my Windows 10 in S Mode laptop. Sure, I know I can exit the S mode, but for security purposes I keep it on. And yet, OneDrive is my only option as an app. I still use the web version option of other tools, but it's not the same since they lack the sync functionality. At least it's pretty cheap considering you get all the other Microsoft 365 tools....

Pros

The best feature of OneDrive is the synchronization with all other Microsoft 365 tools and apps. It works great for that purpose and really makes my workflow go smooth and simple. And together there are a ton of features and combinations, which if you like options, you'll get them here. I use it mostly for work document management, not for large file storages like videos or photos. So it's mostly for the paperwork side of work. There are a lot of features for this, and using it in conjunction with the other apps, makes the features even more. So this is both a good thing and a bad thing (as it can get overwhelming).

Cons

There are so many features of this and synchronizing it with other tools that it's overwhelming. I still don't know everything it does and how it could all work together after years of using it. And sometimes it's confusing because I accidentally do something, and it does something I didn't expect, then I don't know how to make it back, so I end up watching youtube video tutorials on fixing it or figuring...

Microsoft Onedrive

I mostly work on Microsoft Office document, so onedrive is the best tool for me to save, backup, share my documents online. Especially for document that I need to edit daily or weekly basis. I also use Onedrive when working on a document as a team.

Pros

+ For Microsoft Office users OneDrive is the best cloud management software. You can work on office files in cloud just like you can do in your computer. + Once you sync OneDrive with your PC you don't need to worry about uploading or copying your documents. Just save it and it is uploaded to the cloud. + When I open a multi-page document, it starts where I left before. This is really helpful when dealing documents that require to edit daily basis. + It's very effective and easy to collaborate on a document as a team. We can edit documents without singing in. + Private older feature is available

Cons

- Strorage limit is to low, compared to other alternatives. - When sharing a folder, name of the folder that contain what I shared, becomes apparent to the other participants as well.

OneDrive Review

I love using the sync function on my desktop. I can simply drag and drop my files in there and instantly get them from another device.

Pros

Integrating OneDrive with the Microsoft suite makes sharing documents with colleagues a breeze. The function of syncing the cloud directly onto your desktop on your PC is just so convenient to back up your documents and accesing them on any other device.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be buggy when syncing to your desktop. At times you may have log on issues, or files not syncing.

Very good product

It provides a nice UX and it's a very useful app.

Pros

A very useful app for cloud services document management.

Cons

It's very hard do apply the offline settings in you local device. It requires professional support.

Great Tool!

I have had GREAT experiences with using OneDrive. It's one of those tools that I use every single day - even from my mobile phone when needed! How amazing is that! I like that the cloud storage gives you about 1 TB of space and to upgrade your storage is respectfully priced.

Pros

What's most impactful is the ability to update forms online. This ease of use of this feature is great, as long as I have internet access I can make updates to my documents as needed.

Cons

Sharing documents could be handled a little easier in its function. If I send a document to someone who doesn't have an outlook account they experience a bit of trouble accessing the document.

Great solution to use on windows

Use it daily to backup files, to maintain image libraries that are used many times, to maintain the list of installable programs - in case you need to restore your computer quickly, in addition to synchronizing work, documents and bills between stations .

Pros

I love the integration it has with Windows and Office, and the fact that I can pay for onedrive+office at once. Also great is the amount of space relative to cost and overall performance.

Cons

An option is missing for you to protect certain folders. It assumes that if you have authorized a computer to access the account's drive application, it is authorized to access everything. It shouldn't be like that, it's a failure of other virtual drives as well. I should be able to say that folder A has files for all stations and folder B has files only for finance, for example.

Worth taking advantage of if you have it

Using OneDrive has overall been a positive experience for our company. Most users have found it has been a improvement to their work flow and it has presented new solutions to old problems.

Pros

Generous amount of cloud space that was included with our Microsoft Exchange 365 email hosting. Has been a reliable replacement for both our company's self hosted personal network drive folders as well as our FTP services. Offered many additional advantages such as easy capacity to share large files, reduce the amount of files being shared via email, and introduction of version control. Compared to...

Cons

There is a huge difference in features available to users using Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 10 offers a much more integrated version of OneDrive that includes the ability keep files stored on the cloud but still visible in the PC file structure. At this point the majority of our company's computer are now using Windows 10 when we first started using OneDrive it was more difficult for Windows 7 users to adjust. The delay between saving a file and it being uploaded has made some collaboration efforts not a seamless as they could be.

One Drive, Strong Competitor to Google Drive

Overall, I have switched, I think permanently to the OneDrive. A terabyte of space is more than I need and at a very competitive price. It works! What more could I ask for?

Pros

I purchased the Microsoft 365 bundle, which included 1 TB of space on OneDrive. It was seamlessly backing up all of my pictures and videos. Then when I discovered the other features, I became a strong proponent of this software. I used Google Drive almost exclusively for years and years. I also see Microsoft is going to up their game and improve OneDrive. The price was fantastic and the features are all I need.. in addition Google Drive is starting to charge more money for their cloud storage. I love Microsoft 365, combined with OneDrive, I cannot see myself being a paid customer for Google's cloud storage anymore.

Cons

For sure, they can develop a few more features within the platform. I know this is already in the works. In addition, they are beginning to integrate and make file sharing easy from the OneDrive application and browser. So if they continue to develop these elements of seamless file sharing and add a few more features with playing media, etc. They are going to gain a phenomenal client base.

Anytime Anywhere Multi-Platform Access To Your Files

Onedrive is an excellent choice for people on the go. Your files and photos are available to you anywhere anytime. Onedrive cloud storage has made usage of pen drives and external hard drives obsolete. It is the best software for working professionals and casual users alike with excellent features, giving tough competition to Google drive.

Pros

1. It stores and updates all your files by silently working in the background. All you have to do is to set it up initially within few minutes. 2. A copy of all your files and folders is locally stored to not lose access due to connectivity issues. 3. There is a personal vault to save your confidential files securely. 4. You can also go premium by upgrading to the paid version, where you get 6TB space...

Cons

1. You have to pay extra to get premium features and additional space for file storage. Using high-quality photos may fill up the allotted space quite faster. 2. During poor connectivity, files often hang, and updates take time. You may not access your open files smoothly. 3. There are safety issues for your online content.

The Benefit of Cloud based Storage-OneDrive

Microsoft One Drive is a platform that allows me to store information and synchronize the file with new updates. This has been a cloud-based file hosting mechanism, such that it allowed multiple users access within our team to the information at the same time and synchronize in real time when connected to the internet or save the update on the file and update the system file when connected to the internet. It allowed me to create a duplicate of the physical filling system in the cloud as a backup, as such that I could upload or download files from the cloud storage at any point.

Pros

The platform is an all-user cloud-based storage service, that allows free space for user that might not afford the subscription storage service fees and minimal subscription fees for user who can afford. The platform provides a secure back up options for user. Whereby users can store a soft copy duplicate of the physical file and soft copy would be downloaded and accepted a true copy of the physical...

Cons

I have had no challenges with this platform in the last 6 years from 2016.

Microsoft's OneDrive is easy to integrate across all of of its products and services.

From anywhere in the world, you can access all of your business documents in one place, as teams are dispersed across the country due to pandemic, so in this situation its just an awesome cloud platform that gives us the flexibility without hampering the work. The platform is primarily used for file storage and sharing. Accessible from anywhere, via browser or apps, and with external apps, it's great.

Pros

When working on a document as a team, the real-time editing feature is invaluable. Users are able to share files, as well as track and work on the same file at the same time as others. All Microsoft features and apps are easily accessible. By email or notification in the computer's tray, OneDrive notifies the person and asks for permission to proceed if a large number of files are being deleted at once or a large file is being deleted. Five gigabytes of storage are available, which is sufficient for storing a large number of documents.

Cons

Onedrive may remove your documents from the desktop folder if there is a sync error. This can be extremely frustrating until we figure out what went wrong and realize we simply have to sync the Onedrive application to the internet again. A significant amount of time is required to sync the files, and other functions of the system can hang as a result of this.

Serious cloud system, very flixible

An excellent product from a company that understands where cloud computing is going. I syncs right up with all the microsoft office suite in terms of file compatibility and the cloud served office suite is fantastic. That's everything I need on a daily basis.

Pros

Adds a whole new level to my data protection. It is extremely full featured but easy to use and navigate. It's tied in directly to Microsoft 360 from which I and 5 other members of my household have access to 1 TB of space for each person. It has all the bells and whistles of any good cloud package and does file sharing safely and easily. It also provides a separate strong box for your files that you want an extra level of security for.

Cons

I would really like to see the addition of more functionality for teams for collaboration on projects.

Essential especially to backup work files.

My Microsoft 365 account included OneDrive, which was an excellent complement to the other software. To enter my files, I don't need to signed in to another service. It allows me to view my files from either computer or a smart device at any time at a low cost. The file structure is close to that of most personal computers, and it makes it simple for me to handle files, whether I'm copying, transferring, or changing their names. Even my massive drawing files open quickly and easily, allowing me to operate on quickly.

Pros

OneDrive allows me to keep files on the cloud and retrieve them from whatever device, even when I'm not at the workplace. This comes in handy when I need to share files from my smartphone on social media, particularly on pages that are only available on mobile devices. I have a powerful CPU with plenty of storage, but I often build massive illustration and digital images that would start filling it if I do not have backup storage.

Cons

It's nice to have my files with me everywhere I go, but each time I open a file, a copy is saved on my laptop. Until I uninstall it, this will gradually take up precious storage space. I didn't know it until my CPU was clogged with redundant files that took up a lot of bandwidth. It took me some time to find a way out how to safely clear the storage space.

Solution for my cloud storage need

OneDrive really helping me in backing up my files and data, and i can reaching for it back from anywhere especially from my smartphone. Pairing it with my word mobile application on my smartphone, i can edit and viewing all my document on-the-go without having to do it from my computer.

Pros

I really i need for a cloud storage that will backing up all my files and data of my computer, and OneDrive is the prefect fit for this job. Since it is own by Microsoft, all the Microsoft Office files format are supported by this software and the saving and uploading process can be done automatically as i am hitting the saving button.

Cons

One of the problem that i have found with the synchronized process is, it will take too much internet bandwidth and make the other application run slow until the uploading and synchronized is complete and only after that, other application will running normally back. It is kind of problem when i try to surf the web and uploading files at the same time.

Good storage solution

In general we liked it a lot. We were able to simplify many of our collaboration tasks. He also helped us with the hardware migration, since we focused on acquiring more robust equipment with SSD solid state hard drives while increasing our spending, since we spent a large part of the storage in the cloud.

Pros

What we liked the most was the amount of storage it offered per user. We were also impressed that it comes bundled with our office 356 and email solution. Additionally, together with the Share point tool, its use is optimized.

Cons

I particularly don't like that it is not a highly adopted solution by third parties. Many of our customers and business partners use Google Drive and not One Drive services. This makes file sharing and collaboration not totally transparent.

A cloud storage application from Microsoft

I have Office 365 from my employee and I use OneDrive as part of it. I love that I can created word, powerpoint and excel files in my browser, and that I can open all the files immediately. It is also possible to create links as separate files, which is convenient. But my best finding in OneDrive is OneNote, it is well-made and super useful. It is my new must-have application. I should also say that sharing feature does not work always properly in OneDrive due to some security reasons. Even my colleagues cannot always open my shared files.

Pros

Basically, OneDrive is very similar to other cloud storages as Dropbox, GoogleDrive and others. It is multiplatform, has options of "make available offline", "camera upload" and so on. There is also a personal Vault, which could be useful. It is convenient if you use other Microsoft products like Outlook, online Word , online Excel. If you have a business version from your work (for example, Office 365), it might be even more convenient to keep all emails, work files and calendar together.

Cons

But when you deal with Microsoft, you get a lot of complications. Too many options, too many details, too much information, too many security limitations, you just get lost. Therefore, I would recommend to use OneDrive as a stand-alone storage, especially if you have an outlook email (although I personally prefer Dropbox and GoogleDrive). If you need some combination of storage and word / excel applications, then I definitely recommend to go to GoogleDrive. If you have something like Office 365 from your work, enjoy a lot of possibilities and expect it to be slower and harder manipulate.

Great Product that is troubling due to constant changes.

It is my go to.. I think about OneDrive as my hard drive, Love it. However, I speak for the many persons who are frustrated because they are not tech savvy.

Pros

I loved that you have all you documents synced onto your personal devices, and I USED to love the fact that there was a separation of concern regarding the shared sync tool from OneDrive and my personal OneDrive file. This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive ..... but

Cons

OneDrive has changed in 2021 and this change has brought about headache for all. No syncing because the OneDrive is locked and awaiting action by users who has no idea as to what is wrong... Removal of the SharePoint/OneDrive sync has now left me with the newest experiment that is named the "ShortCut inside the OneDrive" these shortcuts are difficult to manage. I am used to improvement and enhancements, but when having to deal with thousand of employees that are just getting their feet wet, some changes are "UnWelcome"

dynamic and easy access

it is good for business and it really helps to keep all files saves for like ever. it is easy to access anywhere and also reduces the loss of data and files.

Pros

This software helps me a lot as i have different sites and location to visit often. It comes handy as all files can be save on the cloud storage therefore relived me of the stress of carrying my PC or external storage device. it helps my organization staffs to be able to access company profiles and project anytime needed. It comes handy with office 365 which is an essential tools for me. With OneDrive every of our worked files are saved forever.

Cons

uploading bigger files are sometimes slow maybe due to poor network. It will be also be better if a lite version can be designed so as to make files and data stored easily accessible and faster. the price for premium plan is a bit high than other related software.

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

Pros

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

Cons

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.