OneDrive Logo

OneDrive

Secure access, sharing & file storage

OneDrive Reviews

4.5

11.9K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.39/10

Reviews by rating

Quick synching and the ability to organise folders and sub-folders is great. Overall, a decent program and certainly useful for small businesses such as myself.
What I like best about this software is its ease of use and integration with Microsoft products and services.
This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive but.
OneDrive has changed in 2021 and this change has brought about headache for all. No syncing because the OneDrive is locked and awaiting action by users who has no idea as to what is wrong.
Where do I begin, it constant instability, it is very hard to use use, sharing process and access permission are coming from hell and the version control is simply sadistic.
The most problem I have as a user is the sync problem, sometimes it gets stuck and you have to restart your computer.

11,902 reviews

Chris S.

Lead System Engineer

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use and Functional Cloud File Storage

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a lead system engineer, and I give OneDrive a four out of five rating....

Andrew R P.

Director of Children's Ministires

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Well integrated Document Sharing; Lacks Polish

Transcript

Andrew P.: Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm a pastor. I'm reviewing OneDrive. I give it three out of five stars. And...

Oscar A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Good storage solution

In general we liked it a lot. We were able to simplify many of our collaboration tasks. He also helped us with the hardware migration, since we focused on acquiring more robust equipment with SSD solid state hard drives while increasing our spending, since we spent a large part of the storage in the cloud.

Pros

What we liked the most was the amount of storage it offered per user. We were also impressed that it comes bundled with our office 356 and email solution. Additionally, together with the Share point tool, its use is optimized.

Cons

I particularly don't like that it is not a highly adopted solution by third parties. Many of our customers and business partners use Google Drive and not One Drive services. This makes file sharing and collaboration not totally transparent.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

A wonderful tool to achieve tasks

As translator and trainer my experience with One Drive be described as fruitful and effective experience in achieving tasks. By one Drive I can control who has access to file sent specifically in privacy and questions of payment in advance.

Pros

The easiness of use One Drive is so simple, has a lot of facilities specifically in file sharing, backup recovery and accessibility.

Cons

Direct downloading in mobile App because it needs many steps. Permission alert in storing data transferred by Microsoft Teams . Editing videos to be shared after editing on social media.

Emir O.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nice tool for Cloud backup but has some issues

I use it as part of my 365 subscription. When you look at this tool overall it usable as a part of Microsoft 365 ecosystem. But if you dig deeper into features and options issues start to occur. It draws power from 365 users base not by it's own features and options.

Pros

Well the software is functional to a degree. I found it easy to set up for basic usage, syncing some folders on pc on regular plain usage. Logging from office.com portal and accessing documents and files is also a great value. Sharing file with company and outside of company users is cool with cool predefined options which are helpfull.

Cons

There is no advanced options for upload control. Few users can easily saturate internet connection. Also when you migrate user folder on windows pc to another drive numerous issues raised. Also i had few issues where files would not simply upload to OneDrive even when connections is 300/100Mb. There is no linux client which is forcing users to other services like Dropbox and GoogleDrive. Android versions work better then Windows 10.

Wilfredo L.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

OneDrive a good cloud bases application for Business

My overall experience in OneDrive is good its gave me some additional features to send my files to others that can't be send thru mail. I can access my files anytime and anywhere since it is a cloud based applications. I can work remotely and continue the task assigned to me.

Pros

what I like about OneDrive is intergration to other MS application like Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook. It has a plenty of amount features like File Storage, File Sharing with added security. You can share your file to others by giving them a link to access your shared file. You can also give permission on who do you want to share your file with password or date of expiration.

Cons

since it is Microsoft this is not free you need to buy the license from them to use it, sometimes other organization does not support the onedrive that if you gave them the link they cant access it.

JW

Jill W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

One Drive is my one drive for productivity

We have solved the issue of sharing large files without having to download them to a drive and then bring the drive to the person I wish to share the files with. OneDrive has made this quite easy and therefore saving me time.

Pros

One of the most impactful features is being able to access all of my data on all of my devices from anywhere.

Cons

The only issue I encounter often is when someone is trying to share a file with me. If I look at my computer files under OneDrive it doesn’t show up. I have to open OneDrive in Microsoft Edge first and then open it through there. Otherwise it doesn’t show up in my files.

FA

Fritze Anne Khaye P.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

My One Drive review

Better value and excellent Windows integration. Additionally, Microsoft offers the office suite at no additional cost. Microsoft's mobile applications are excellent, and the online connectivity is faultless.

Pros

The format of its files is identical to that of the Documents folders on our own computers. Hence, it is available and simple to comprehend. The desktop application is wonderful! You might mistake it for a regular computer folder since it is so beautiful. Lastly, the interface! A clear, basic, and stylish user interface is crucial to me as a user with a lot of files to manage. I can concentrate more...

Cons

Large files can occasionally take a while to load on mobile devices. Some less tech-savvy coworkers find it a little confusing to see duplicate files listed—one set on OneDrive and another on the desktop. I try to explain to them that in case their computer goes lost, it is connected to an external box that is keeping the identical data.

Edwin O.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

Pros

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

Cons

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

SD

Sohag D.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Online file modification and storage facilities on the cloud is so smooth and helpful.

Comparatively, OnceDrive Integration with Office apps makes my daily operation so smooth.

Pros

In addition to sharing files and folders, our team can also collaborate in real time on a single document. Due to this, our team frequently uses OneDrive when working remotely.As a OneDrive user, I focused on my task and the security was handled by the service provider. Two-factor authentication and files encryption is the awesome features.

Cons

Automated identification and deletion of duplicate files must be introduced for smoother operation. Compared to other platforms, it has less sharing choices.

DG

Disco G.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

OneDrive the perfect solution to all your problems.

I can access and edit documents within the same environment it's very effective.Helps alot in storage of files and can easily convert PDF directly from our phone.It is easy to use thus making it compatible for all of us.

Pros

It is an industrious software whose main purpose is to save documents,or files in another cloud Have been using it to share information and files to my clients.We can share sensitive data without revealing sensitive information and it only allows authorized people to Access it.

Cons

Love everything about it.It has done wonders for me.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Cloud storage convenience

All in all, personally I like it’s flexibility and it’s ability to link to other Microsoft applications

Pros

One of the most impactful design of one drive is the ease of use and flexibility. One does not need extra skill or training to get used to it .My company has found it useful not only to IT staffs but to all staffs .

Cons

One of the limitations I have faced personally is the pricing for the office use ..and the fact that not many offices are using it yet

DY

David Y.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

So far...so great!

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been overwhelmingly positive. It's simple to map OneDrive to your local desktop (simply clicking "Sync" from the OneDrive dashboard is all it takes). This enables you to work on files directly from your desktop rather than going out to the OneDrive site. It's super-convenient and saves us tons of time.

Pros

We decided to try OneDrive by Microsoft for our file management needs after using SharePoint for over a decade. One of the main reasons we did not want to change is, frankly, change is hard. Or can be. It's easy to stick with what you are used to, and there is always the concern of placing additional stress on staff by having them learn something new. However, it has been a smooth transition and so...

Cons

So far, there is nothing to dislike about OneDrive. The interface is easy to use and follow. Compared to SharePoint for file management, it's a breeze. Simple to open a file and start working. Easy to review changes that have been made. Real-time saving means no need to worry if your browser crashes or you lose internet access.

JC

Jonathan C.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Microsoft One Drive

Works very well as a standard personal cloud file management tool for both personal use and business use. Lacking many advanced options found in Google/Box for public file sharing. Works well with eDiscovery and other legal and compliance tools Has improved greatly over time with real-time collaboration and automatic saving Simple to implement and rollout as it is native with MS Office Continue to grow its footprint in my current company as an alternative to File Shares

Pros

Industry standard software works natively with MS Office Allows sharing and collaboration of files with anyone and anywhere Simple to use and and administer Compliant for regulations and easily searchable/discoverable

Cons

Sharing options are very limited for outside users and difficult to control once in the wild Administration is not robust, still old style Security is lacking especially for the uninitiated Plays well with MS not so well with other tools

Amanda v.

E-Learning, self-employed

I Use OneDrive For My Personal Important Files Because I Know They are Safe There!

I use it every morning. I love to use for keeping our family budget sheets up to day, for sharing files and creating files and that they are really easy to download to look at offline too! I'm really very impressed!

Pros

I love the fact that you have have your personal private files in the special OneDrive personal Vault, which requires extra password protection. It's great! Especially when you need a file but are not close to your regular computer or device, you can log on anywhere in the world and go through the special vault for extra incryption. I love it! And it's very generous with the files sizes too! Plus it's just so easy to use! Definitely my favourite online document storage place for sure. I particularly like using the sheets that work pretty much exactly like Excel, I love not having to learn new systems just to work online. Thank-you Microsoft!

Cons

Nothing really. I used to find it annoying if I had a shared document with my partner and we couldn't work on the files at the same time and have the system remember to do the updates, but that seems to be fixed now, so it's all good!

RA

Randall A.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Onedrive. Seriously, only one does it all

They are phenomenal and I get 100 GB cloud storage every month through my cell phone service which is T-Mobile don't think I'll ever use all of that fantastic job again at Google hq.

Pros

I like it is made by the Google corporation and Incorporated with all other Google apps and software. I like that with my cell phone service I get 100 GB of online cloud storage so my phone and drive storage space on the cloud isn't at capacity in fact my phone is always full of available storage as I just go in upload and backup my stuff every couple days.

Cons

I wish the interface was a little more intuitive to the user maybe more control over backups restore points should be able to access from any computer from anywhere once logged in.

BF

Bradley F.

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

Pros

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

Cons

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.

Abby B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Better cloud storage and file sharing than ANY other

For cloud storage and file sharing, this is seriously the best and most affordable option. I LOVE IT!

Pros

The price is great - I get it with my $7/month Microsoft. You get 1TB of storage. it's easy to upload photos from your iPhone. It's great for cloud storage. I love it for managing projects and organizing files together with clients.

Cons

The search kinda stinks - you can't just search in one folder, which is strange. The user interface takes a little time to get used to. None of the cons outweigh all the pros though.

RA

Rex A.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Very impressive cloud storage

We use every day for our staff to have cloud storage for all of our documents, and we can share files back and forth with ease. OneDrive lets us work from most anywhere.

Pros

I love that OneDrive is rock solid and very easy to use. Also, unlike Google, Microsoft keeps products around. Instead of dropping applications and products, they simply update and upgrade them.

Cons

Sometimes the app will fail to load or take a while to sync on MacOS, but for the most part it’s super solid.

AH

Andy H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Easy to use once you get your head around it

I used to hate Sharepoint, but now it's all moved into OneDrive I've realised I can work faster and smarter with this and the online Office365 tools, keep the licence costs low, and collaborate with pretty much anyone on the planet, as well as having all my files safely backed up at all times. Once you get your head around it, you forget how amazing it all is, and take it for granted.

Pros

I love the fact that once set up backups just happen and you don't need to even think about it, if your PC goes pop, it's not going to be a problem as everything is in the cloud.For document storage, file sharing and document collaboration Microsoft have finally caught up with Google, and it all works fairly seamlessly with the Office365 set of tools.

Cons

It can cause confusion between a file being on your local PC, in the cloud, or in both, or moving from a local folder to the cloud and therefore into the OneDrive folder, which can make it difficult to explain to new users of OneDrive. But if set up correctly at first it just works very well generally.

pV

peter V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Very Good Collaboration Tool

We tend to share files with Volunteers who are working with staff, this provided an easy way to share the files and also ensure that the most current is the one everyone is working from. Very easy for non technical people to learn and get up to speed on.

Pros

Gives us the ability to share files across the organization both internally and externally. Since we are an Microsoft shop, it also integrates well into our other tools. We also use SharePoint but this is a easier file sharing tool that is easier for all to pick up.

Cons

Ownership of the file remains with the individual as opposed to anyone. Access tends to be restricted until invites or links are sent.

Jhonnathan M.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Keep your lost files safe with OneDrive!

I sincerely owe all my files from many years ago to OneDrive. I work in the area of digital creation and it is very useful to have all our important documents such as fonts and backup images and portfolios within reach. The trade sometimes causes us to be exposed to viruses, but OneDrive is a very useful and versatile tool to protect us and optimize our work at the same time.

Pros

OneDrive offers an easy and convenient way to keep your files safe. It's important to know its functionality. The program creates a folder on your computer and everything inside this folder and will copy to your cloud, staying safe from any system failure. In the past, I had several computers that I lost due to hardware failure, but thanks to the fact that I always kept my folder updated and with the...

Cons

As I work with many files, and in spite of being organized, due to human error some documents can be left out of OneDrive, perhaps in everyday folders. This causes any file not included in the folder created by OneDrive to be forgotten if a system crash or virus attack occurs. Files in the cloud are sectioned to prevent hidden viruses from spreading and damaging others, but if one file is attacked inside the OneDrive folder it will send this to the cloud which means we will lose the file. So containing documents, files or anything inside this folder does not guarantee its security. It only guarantees that we will be able to recover them anytime, anywhere.

Internet, 1-10 employees

OneDrive is a good storage solution, but not the best.

Good cloud storage for Windows and Office users. Not a smooth experience for Mac users.

Pros

It's probably the best cloud storage for Windows users, because of its integration with the operating system and the Office 365 suite. For a Mac user the road is not that smooth. See the cons mentioned below. Most of the time it works well, with occasional mess-ups. With a paid account you get 1 TB of storage which is more than enough for the average user. You can access your files from anywhere, be it a laptop, a desktop machine, a tablet or your phone (even for iOS users) which makes it very versatile. It's also very good for backups in case of hard drive failure because your files are always in the cloud and you have local copy on your device in a folder named "OneDrive".

Cons

As a Mac only user, I've had some issues with using OneDrive that made it difficult to work with, without putting an effort: 1. Being a Microsoft product, it's made for Windows files and file systems rather than a more universal approach like Dropbox has. The first time I've added files to OneDrive, I had 150+ errors that needed to be fixed. They were all file naming errors that OneDrive wouldn't...

Shane K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent storage ,when used wisely!

As stated though, If you do make sure all the settings are right before things get slowed down, its an amazing experience having the cloud at your finger tips on mobile, and laptop, Desktop, and both my Xbox and Xbox1 working together. As well as the ability to load my games from Xbox1 onto it, and go to a fiends house who has the system, but not the game, and be able to play it there, with MY profile in all its glory, and when i return home, all my progress returns with me for more solo gaming.

Pros

Well i love that i linked all my Microsoft stuff together, At the time i first used it i was using an Xbox 360, the Xbox1 , desktop , and laptop for school and not to mention mobile phone as well. when i would make game clips from call of duty and upload them i could move seamlessly from Console to PC for editing my clips, Then for school when i would be at lunch in between class, i could still access any video clips on the go, and upload homework assignments, to then return home and work on my desktop once again.

Cons

Not a fan of when it will automatically grab everything, and i mean EVERY random silly thing you have off your PC and max out your storage, then it was just a hassle to turn off the auto upload, and would always end up getting tired of it slowing my startup to a crawl, then the left click delay would be...Just unbearable, to finally be able to hit settings, sometimes overshooting it and closing it again... having to right click once again, carefully work my way there again, and click it, for a slow load to finally FINALLY unchecked that box, and apply my settings. And thank goodness every windows installation i do i always forget to turn it off and then do the song and dance once again .

GF

George F.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

OneDrive Review from a College Student/Young Professional

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now and have been very impressed with the features they have added throughout the years. I used OneDrive during college to take class notes, keep track of due dates, create presentations and I have only had good experiences with OneDrive. This software is so well designed, so Microsoft should pat themselves on the back with what they have created. If you are looking for an inclusive software for all of your day to day needs that has amazing security, then you've found it with OneDrive. Highly recommend trying this software out as it is simply amazing.

Pros

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now where I have created excel sheets to track spending, powerpoints for work presentations, or just to keep track of my to-do list for the day. OneDrive is so versatile and can be used for almost need that you will need. What I like most about this software is that I am able to access my OneDrive account from anywhere to work on and open up my files. OneDrive...

Cons

I honestly haven't noticed anything with the software that I haven't liked. I've been using OneDrive for a few years now (through college to keep track of school work and at my current job) and have never had any issues.

KM

Kim M.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

OneDrive of a Kind

Describing an overall experience with OneDrive only takes a single statement--I'm with OneDrive of a kind!

Pros

Security. Accessibility. Interface. These three things are the most likeable features of OneDrive that sets it apart from other cloud storages. Its ability to define the "shared by you" and "share with you" makes it secure to track the files casted here and there. It also allows users to track the exact time and exact action taken by the modifier of the file---guest of contributor. Its files are...

Cons

Finding out how my OneDrive desktop application's files take space in my hard disk somehow saddened me although I managed to deal with it by just choosing "free up space". This lessens the consumed space in the disk and gives you the option to just download the file whenever needed. But if there is one thing I wish to improve in this software, it would be to totally detached it from the disk space although the app is really actually installed in the pc itself.

Naveen P.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Efficient Cloud Storage Solution

As a cloud storage user, I have found OneDrive to be an excellent solution for storing and sharing files. Its seamless integration with Microsoft Office makes it an easy choice for Microsoft users.OneDrive is an efficient cloud storage solution that is ideal for Microsoft users. Its seamless integration with Microsoft Office and accessibility from any device makes it a practical choice for those who require access to their files on-the-go. While the limited storage space and security concerns may be a drawback for some users, OneDrive's collaborative features and automatic syncing make it a worthy contender in the cloud storage market. our organisation using it since more than 2 years

Pros

Easy Integration: OneDrive integrates smoothly with Microsoft Office, which makes it an excellent choice for businesses and individuals that use Microsoft products regularly.Accessibility: OneDrive can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. This means that I can access my files from my laptop, tablet, or smartphone.Collaborative: OneDrive allows me to share files with others, making collaboration with colleagues or team members easy.Automatic Syncing: OneDrive automatically syncs my files across all my devices, ensuring that I always have the latest version of my files available.

Cons

Limited Storage Space: OneDrive's free version comes with only 5 GB of storage, which may not be sufficient for some users.Security: Although OneDrive offers some security features, such as two-factor authentication, some users may be concerned about the security of their data stored in the cloud.