Teamwork Projects Reviews

22,556     8,061

Craig COrmier

Good product, good price

16/03/2017

This is a solid product for the price. While it is not as full featured as some other platforms, and not quite as intuitive as some, it is a solid product, and the pricing scheme works well for smaller organizations.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Are there specific features you'd like to see added to Teamwork Projects? We take all feedback on board so if there's anything you can think we can add to make it a better product please do let us know.

Kristina Hayes-Devlin

This software changed the way my office works

28/02/2017

What I love most about Teamwork is the way the software can be changed and used to accommodate each person's work habits and ways of being with the world. The integrations are helpful as well, but the way Teamwork helps me drill down and focus allows me to wear many hats as a busy entrepreneur without losing my focus or my mind!

Pros

This software is comprehensive and flexible.

Cons

I would like to see Kanban charts.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

At first, it was a bit overwhelming, but I gave it a few weeks and feel head over heels for it. Its flexibility is magic -- I had an employee who didn't dig into the flexibility and hated it until we went over it together. Play with the different ways of viewing your tasks and displaying your dashboards.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Kristina,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed your feedback on to the team here and we're all delighted with your response to Teamwork Projects's capabilities and flexibility.

Many customers have been requesting Kanban charts, we've listened and we have something great planned in the near future that we think you'll absolutely love ;).

Theodore Gemmer

Best value for small business cloud project management solution

24/02/2017

We have been using Teamwork projects for over two years. It has helped us to coordinate our team in the different types of projects that we do both internally and for customers. I really like that Teamwork projects has an attractive and easy to use user interface and the customer service is amazing. There are a few features that could use improvement and I can see that the Teamwork projects developers are making a lot of work to improve the solution. I really like that Teamwork projects is integrated with a help desk and with a chat application. I highly recommend Teamwork projects!

Pros

Integration with Teamwork Desk and Chat, easy to use, attractive user interface, good structure of projects (project, milestone, task list, task, sub-task), good document management, risk register, importing tasks by Excel

Cons

The calendar needs improvement (better integration with tasks), some of the summary pages are not so useful to me

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

I recommend to include it in your short list of software when you are evaluating. I believe it offers the best value of all software that I found.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Theodore,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed your feedback on to the team here and we're all delighted to hear you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork.com. If you'd be interested in being involved in a case study we'd love to hear from you. Simply contact us at marketing@teamwork.com.

Dave Davis

The Best Product Management Application. Period.

23/02/2017

After spending years on Basecamp, MS Project, JIRA and Asana, this is by far the most flexible and feature rich.

Pros

Fast. Really fast. New features are added constantly and by request. Development team are super open to feedback and input. Email integration is amazing and the Gantt chart is fantastic.

Cons

Task management can be a little clunky.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

If you're looking for a generic project management application, this is it.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. If there's anything we can do to improve the product for you even more, please do let us know.

PS if you'd like to tell us more about your Teamwork story, please get in touch to marketing@teamwork.com and we'll work on a case study together :).

Alan Carlisle

Super for all aspects of Project Management for Labor

15/02/2017

When it comes to creating a project schedule with milestones and tasks, this software is nice for small to mid-sized subcontractors like our company. Very nice program with great potential to grow, and a team that seems interested in continuously improving the product!

Pros

The time tracking is really user-friendly and can report against estimated hours for each task - very simply. Some programs do not allow the flexibility that Teamwork allows when it comes to going from a drilled down project format to a broad view schedule for all projects in progress - teamwork does this nicely. It also allows notes for RFIs, COs, and project logs. Files can be fully uploaded or linked through programs like dropbox. Project photos can be uploaded to each job. The improved Overview gives a nice "quick glance" to see what's going on in each project.

Cons

Does not allow entering estimated materials cost with the ability to track actual expense verses remaining committed costs. It seems the format of the program would readily accommodate this, so it could be one of the improvements the team is working on. The program has an integrated chat that could be extremely powerful if audio was added (like Voxer). For the cost of the program, there is no way that someone could expect these items, but for customers like me, who are so happy with the foundation of it, I would gladly pay more for them - the platform is NICE. Not sure this belonged in the Cons...

9/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

If you are looking for a good tool for scheduling projects and assigning crews - hard to beat. If you are looking for a project management program that will allow you to track the cost of labor against tasks, look no further. After looking extensively through project management programs and even starting several of them like corecon, basecamp, etc... this program proved far better for us. I liked smartsheet, but this program is even sharper!

Source: Software Advice
Louisa  Walters

Effortless software from a vibrant company

02/02/2017

Teamwork has been the only project management program to work for us as a company so far. Customer service is always outstanding and they are always happy to take ideas on board- a great way to develop!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects.

Brianna Sullivan

Teamwork keeps getting better!

01/02/2017

My company relies on Teamwork Projects for all aspects of our business. It keeps us all organized, holds us all accountable, and allows us to easily communicate about projects. The latest updates they have made have made the experience even better. The only suggestion I would have is that due to the large volume of projects and tasks we have, I find switching between tasks can sometimes take more time than I would like.

Pros

Nice interface, helpful for managing people and projects, API makes it easy to integrate with other software we use such as Salesforce. The recently improved templates feature has been a godsend for us.

Cons

I am searching around for tasks a lot, they have a search feature and you can star projects, but I think it would be useful to integrate some sort of "recent tasks" view so you could easily revisit something you were working on in the same day.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

Use it!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Brianna,

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We working on something at the moment that will tie nicely into you're wishes for a recent tasks tab. Signup to our newsletter here and be the first to know about new features :). https://www.teamwork.com/newsletters

Thanks again for the review. Please get in touch with us if you ever have any questions or feedback.

Saqib Muneeb

Amazing Team management platform

01/02/2017

I've used other task management softwares like jira, asana etc. But Teamwork is indeed the best application one can use for their team. It really provides ease of use & tracking your teams progress with every possible functionality a team lead can think of.

Pros

It is easy to track the progress of the team on each project and specifically on each task in the relative project.

Cons

I don't see any honestly.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

This is a must try for all the team leads & project managers.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Saqib,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've shared your comments with the team and we're all delighted to hear the amazing feedback.

We'd love to talk to you more about you're experiences with the product. If you'd be interested in taking doing a casestudy with us shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com.

Mark Homer

Finally found what we were looking for

24/01/2017

GNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago). We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this. Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task. Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard. I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good. Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch. We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those. I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.

Pros

The feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system). Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards). The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible. Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.

Cons

We have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

It also connects with Zapier - while we wrote directly to the API, it looks like you could do a lot of connection to other webapps through the zapier connection

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mark,

Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product.

We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com.

Ben Threadgill

Project Management For Professional Services

10/01/2017

For small-medium services businesses, this is one of the best tools on the market for project management. It is simple to use, has great features, and allows to you interact with clients.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive feedback. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience with the product even more, please let us know.

Kins regards,

Duane McLemore

Literally the Best PM Software

09/01/2017

My business partner previously ran production for a company that was growing extremely fast. They had a demanding and intricate workflow, needed to anticipate that the company would transform completely every few months for the foreseeable future, and making a mistake in picking a PM platform would have been disastrous to their growth. She trailed all of the recommended online PM software against each other, and Teamwork was the clear winner. And it was the right pick, it did everything she needed and more, from the first-day usability to scaling and changing with the company. She has since left and we run our own company, and so it was natural to sign up ourselves. And it's worth every penny. Teamwork has been beyond incredible as a product. I have been using the software for about 18 months now. It was scary good when I started, but today with their constant improvements and upgrades, it's transcendent. Their commitment to constant improvement is stunning, and it just keeps getting better. But even more important, their customer service is off the charts. As in, we usually hear back on any customer service request within an hour, and the responses aren't just the non-answers to kick the can down the road that we hear from most companies, but real, well-informed solutions to our problems coming from experts. (And since I'd imagine they use their own Customer Service platform, Teamwork Desk, their tremendous service response does a good job of selling that, too.) Teamwork is incredible. You won't be disappointed.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Duane,

Thanks so much for the stellar review. I've shared it with the team here and we're delighted with the positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to be part of your productive journey, and we hop to be part of it for years to come.

Ian Lewis

Excellent Product

06/01/2017

Very easy to use the product, makes managing projects so much easier and everybody can update their own tasks.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for the positive review. We're glad that you're finding Teamwork Projects easy to use and beneficial to your productivity.

Cody Goolsby

Complicated Program with Great Features

05/01/2017

Teamwork is a pretty complicated project management system. If you have a very in-depth project, it can be beneficial because of all its features, but it can be very complicated to learn. If you are looking for a simple project management system, then I don't think Teamwork would be you go to system. If you are looking to completely redesign your project management system, then Teamwork can be a great starting place. Also, the templates are very helpful if you have projects that are the same everytime. This is not a simple turn-key solution. It takes time to set up but can be a very good system.

Pros

Templates - If you have repeating projects then this is huge for you. Gnat chart also very helpful for creating timelines.

Cons

Complicated.

5/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

Take time to set it up if you want it to work correctly.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Cody,

Thanks for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty navigating through the tool. If you'd like to shoot us a mail to support@teamwork.com we'd be happy to give you some tips and tricks that could help benefit your specific workflow.

Krista Mansini

Could Improve with Added Features

05/01/2017

Teamwork Projects is a good tool for marketing teams, but I don't think it works as well for design teams. It would be nice to be able to create templates for projects that are created often, such as banner ads, so we always make sure we get all the information we need. Our team has also found it confusing to add tasks with all the options of tasks, task lists, etc. It's not as simple as it could be to add a task. I would also love to see the option to create required items when others are submitting tasks.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Krista,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback.
You'll be happy to hear that you can create task list templates. Here's a help doc that explains how you can set them up https://projects.helpdocs.com/efficiency/task-list-templates.
I'll pass on your feedback about tasks to the team and hopefully we can make improvements to the process of creating them.
Creating required options on a task is possible. All you need to do is create dependency tasks. Here's a help doc on dependency tasks https://projects.helpdocs.com/tasks/setting-task-dependendency.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks again for your review.

Steve Loates

Great....and get better every year

24/12/2016

Started using Teamwork over 2 years ago as Basecamp could no longer provide what we needed. We were so happy with the functionality and feature set that we moved our other company over to it within 6 months. They continue to work very hard to make a great product better and better. In my opinion it is what a project management tool should be for small business. Warning - with so much functionality there is a learning curve but our experience with their support has been awesome. Highly recommended.

Pros

Flexibility and features....and also the constant and consistent improvement of features.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've shared it with the team here and we're delighted with the positive feedback. We're so glad you made the switch to Teamwork Projects two years ago and haven't looked back since. We've got some big plans for 2017 that we can't wait to share with you.

Cammy Ang

Organize projects, tasks, workflows

14/12/2016

I'm currently using Teamwork for another team. It is the same as the other project management applications - where its primary goal is to organize projects, tasks, workflows. It has these views on every Project: Tasks Messages Milestones Files Notebooks People Time Links What I like with Teamwork are: can add an unlimited number of users and companies the ability to time what you're working on (not as an add-on) bill the clients for the time you've timed a lot of integrations What I do not like are: Their design Reporting is a bit limited Bugs from time to time

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Cammy,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're delighted that you're loving all the integrations, unlimited users and companies and the time tracking funcationalities.

As you can see from our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap) we are working on developing our reports and improving our UI in the new year. I think you'll really love these updates.

Ethan Hackett

Flexible and robuts

12/12/2016

We use Teamwork Projects daily to assign tasks by project across our team. The tasks list is really flexible and allows for subtasks, comments deadlines etc. The minimal design to the task list makes it easy to pick and choose what elements you want to use in any given task.

Pros

The tasks really offer all kinds features which make it easy to communicate any given task. Of all the project management tools this feels like the right balance of features without over cluttering or confusing things.

Cons

It takes a little bit of time getting used to the interface since there is so much you can do when creating a task. It also feels a little odd jumping back and forth to see the images. It would be nice to see larger images in the list than just a thumbnail. The thumbnails are too small to communicate information but clicking to view them seems like too much work if you need to just glance at it without leaving your task list.

8/10
Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Ethan,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted that you find Teamwork Projects flexible, robust and the right balance of form and function.

We're working on improving our on-boarding at the moment to help guide new customers through the interface and functionalities.

I've added your suggestion about increasing the size of the file preview thumbnail to our feature request list, hopefully you'll see that added to Teamwork Projects really soon.

Please get in touch if you think of anything else we can do to improve your experience with Teamwork Projects.

Thanks again for the review.

Nick Stedman

Excellent Project Management Tool

08/12/2016

Used for over 3 years now. Lots of features. Excellent customer support - always amazed how quick they come back. Integrates with their ticket and chat software which we don't use. Good value for money.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We'er delighted to have you onboard for the last 3 years, and that you've found our integrations and support team to be really helpful.

Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience with the products even more.

Fahad Faridi

Top class customer support

08/12/2016

We use teamwork for all our project management function. They have top class customer support team who answers your questions and resolve issues in the surprisingly quick way.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Fahad,

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're thrilled you love the product and our support.

Daniel Berry

An above-average project manager

06/12/2016

Initially, our agency wasn't thrilled with certain aspects of Teamwork, but when looking for alternatives, found there weren't many advantages to switching.

Pros

Integrations, dependencies, multiple features

Cons

Doesn't integrate with everything and certain features can be tedious

7/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

It's not for everyone, but many agencies will get some good use out of Teamwork and some will love it.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We really appreciate your feedback. We'd love to hear more about your concerns - could you tell us why your team weren't initially thrilled with the tool? If there are some important integrations, or features that you think need improving please let us know. If it's something we can improve we'll do our best to add these extra functionalities.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ben  MacDonald

Good Consulting Tool

06/12/2016

I've been using Teamwork for about a year and have had great success managing a large number of projects simultaneously. Due to the nature of our work, each project is not extensively complex, but more akin to keeping multiple plates spinning at the same time. The software is easy to use, very intuitive, the design works well, flows well, easy to add access for people to certain projects, easy to add your own corporate logo etc. The software also works well with an iPad and iPhone, in addition to accessing it from a desktop. Can't say I can really think of any major drawbacks, to be honest.

Melissa Connolly

Top notch project management

06/12/2016

We have tried a lot of project management tools and by far, Teamwork Projects is superior. The features fit perfect for our needs and the ability to add new projects, team members, and tasklists is super easy. In addition, the Teamwork Project chrome extension is the perfect addition, so tasks and new projects can be assigned from anywhere in your browser. I use this mostly in my gmail inbox as new client emails arrive, I create tasks in Teamwork and assign them to a team member and I'm done. I wish we had made the switch sooner but I'm thankful we finally did.

Pros

the ease of use and organization.

Cons

file management could be better

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Melissa,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed your comments onto the team and we're delighted with the positive feedback especially about your affinity for the chrome extension and gmail integrations.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with the product even more.

Tim Waxenfelter

Searching for Alternatives to MS Project

05/12/2016

I run several small projects and do most of them through spreadsheets or in tools like Trello. With a bigger, multi-phase project it felt important to dig down and find a good PM tool that could handle the workload without making me crazy. Teamwork is a great balanced tool that provides some of the traditional PM tools without going overboard.

Pros

Limited options Easy to use GANNT view

Cons

Can't exclude weekends and holidays from the schedule

Time used: Less than 6 months

9/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

I think this is a product on the rise. Their team is responsive and is actively updating features.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad that Teamwork Projects has proven to be the light weight, yet robust project management solution for your team.

Excluding weekends and holidays in the Gantt is something that is on our feature request list here. I'll add you as a +1 to keep it moving in the right direction.

We are actively adding more and more features that we hope you'll love. Keep an eye out over the next couple of days for a ton of feature updates ;).

Please get in touch if you ever have any questions. We're here to help, just shoot us a mail to support@teamwork.com

Thanks again

Josh Wilson

This is the best

05/12/2016

I've tried so many of these things and this one is easily the best. Best to use. Easiest to set up. Most cost effective. I really can't say enough about it. I was so relieved to start using this to start getting work done and quit fighting my software all the time.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to train on, robust but simple. VERY good price. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Waiting for Kanban. Supposed to be rolling out soon.

Time used: Less than 6 months

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Teamwork Projects

If you have trouble just email them. They are so great to help with things.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Josh,

Thanks so much for the great review. I've passed it on to the team here and we're all delighted with the comments.

Please get in touch if there's anything we can ever help you with.

Brooke O'Brien

Not user-friendly or intuitive

22/11/2016

For a project management platform, I find teamwork very difficult to navigate and I feel it takes me 3 times as long to just find projects or create task lists. I wish that the layout was a little more simple so that I could organize my projects by importance and quickly see where I am on all projects that I have assigned. My team has to assign the projects back to the person who assigned it in order to notify them that they want feedback - there has to be a better way!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you've had a negative experience.

I've provided some suggestions below that will help conquer your frustrations.

-You can star projects so that important ones will always always appear at the top of your project list.
-If you go to the Overview section of each project you'll get a summary of the project.
-On a personal level if you go to the Everything> All active tasks section, you'll see all the tasks you're working on across all projects. You can filter this by user as well.
-You can notify a team member that you need feedback in a number of ways. Some of which are: You can add a task for them to review. You can add a tag that says 'this needs review'. You can @mention the team member in a comment under the tasks asking them to review and give feedback.

Like any new tool, it will take a little getting used to. If you have questions please get in touch support@teamork.com. -Therese