Teamwork Reviews

Teamwork

Work management software that lets your team do more.

4.51/5 (611 reviews)

Pros
  • Teamwork Project is incredibly outstanding product and now it has become my most favorite project management tool. I like its ease of use the most.james c.Read the full review
  • The interface is clean and easy-to-use while still being exceptionally robust. Time tracking and the Google Chrome feature are pretty awesome as well.Akande D.Read the full review
  • I like how it's designed and how they structure the pricing of the solution. Has integrations with the best services.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Limited integrations with other tools which can sometimes be annoying. Frustrating user management tools.Andrew R.Read the full review
  • Our problem was that everyone on our team was using the software differently and projects were getting lost simply because they weren't assigned correctly.Andrew N.Read the full review
  • The only issue I have with Teamwork is that it can be slightly confusing setting things up in the beginning.Chad H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Christopher Janda

My favorite project management tool

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up. Overall, it was a wonderful experience

Pros
Teamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this. The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too. If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project. The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task). Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well. Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.

Cons
The initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep. The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up. It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Stacie DaPonte

Incredibly detailed project management software

Reviewed 2019-11-05

I used Teamwork at a larger agency I worked with before (13ish employees) so when I opened my own business I decided to use it again for myself and my co-founder. I find the email reminders particularly helpful so I don't have to pester my co-founder to get her tasks done on time. She was really impressed to see how I could create a task list and assign estimates to it so she could draft up a proposal knowing exactly how long it would take me to get a project done.

Pros
The ability to create subtasks, apply time estimates, set percentages on task completion, back-and-forth commenting area on tasks, ability to set milestones, the 'Everything' view to see what tasks are assigned to you, email reminders for upcoming or past due dates - they really thought about EVERY detail of managing a software or web related project.

Cons
I can imagine it being overwhelming for someone to get started with. I've been using it for years so I'm grown accustomed to it now, but you might want to watch a training video or have someone walk you through all the features, even if you only end up using a few of them.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to see that you have enjoyed our software and that it has helped by improving the way you work!

Onboarding to any new software can be quite daunting but we are working on some new and exciting ways to help with this! Our resource centre on our website is full of tips and tricks, alongside our knowledge filled support team! You'll find them at support@teamwork.com.

Nancy at Teamwork

Justin Harbin

Teamwork Projects!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-04-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Teamwork Projects has provided an easy to use and effective platform for collaborating across departments to deliver high quality projects in a timely fashion.

Pros
Teamwork Projects provides a simple and easy to use yet powerful tool. Collaborative features and analytics in particular round out a very solid offering among project management software. Teamwork Projects strikes a wonderful balance between feature set and usability across teams.

Cons
I can't think of too much of a drawback - ease of use becomes very important when working on teams that may not all be up to speed with web-based collaboration, and that's where this product shines.

Jim Fauth

Great people & lots of useful features but clunky to navigate and missing some critical pieces

Reviewed 2017-03-29

Good people and great support. Good value for the $ -- that's why we're using it. Lot's of useful features but hard to find them. UI is very clunky/difficult to navigate, especially when you have a large number of projects. Need to slim down, improve the UI. That's our biggest gripe. Need more development on the "meta" side -- across all projects/teams. That's what makes it so hard for us to navigate. It's really more geared to the project rather than the "enterprise" level, but how many groups that need software like this have fewer than 10 projects? Probably not many. So, further development of the site with the "meta" perspective in mind should be a priority. Also would be good to be able to generate timesheets that integrate salary/pay rate by person/project (you already have that info, it just doesn't do the math, creating the need for work arounds). Comments are troublesome -- it's convenient to use the comment function because often communications are driven by the needs of a given task. But then, when you mark the task as completed, the comments (and associated attachments) disappear too. I know there are other ways to get to them, but it's clunky. Messages don't feel like the answer, because then you lose the task context. I think you could do a comment board per project, separated/demarcated by task list or task, and get rid of messages (or, make messages enterprise wide) Finally, I'm not finding the "integrations" all that...well...integrative! I'm not really getting the advantage of the Dropbox integration and the Freshbooks integration is so limited as to not be very valuable. Lest I come across as disgruntled, let me emphasize that we like the product and the people running it. We want to stay and grow with you. We switched to you from Asana and there's no comparison in terms of features and ability to manage a large number of people and projects. Thanks

Pros
see review

Cons
see review

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're happy you made the switch to Teamwork Projects from Asana.

Regarding improving the UI - as you can see from our roadmap https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap, a nicer dashboard is next on our priority list, so you should see some improvements to that really soon.

I'll pass on all your feedback to our team here for their consideration. Thanks for passing it on to us.

Best regards,

Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros
I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons
It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round!

On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business.

If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at support@teamwork.com :)

Have a nice day,

Great Project Management Software

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Great software, really user-friendly, able to make custom to our needs

Pros
It is very flexible to use, we were able to add an OKR system so that it would work for our company.

Cons
Too many places for comments. We tend to lose comments, not a huge thing because of the emails, but we do lose them in the system, usually these are new employees that haven't or forgot their training

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad that you find the software flexible and user-friendly!

Commenting issues, hmmmm... That's sounds like a job for our support team! Could you forward them over an email at support@teamwork.com to see if they can help you out with this issue?

Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous

Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool

Reviewed 2019-08-04

Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Pros
I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Cons
The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation.

Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at support@teamwork.com with more details on the feature request?

Katie Colihan

At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software

Reviewed 2019-07-26

Teamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.

Pros
The organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.

Cons
Sometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey there Katie,

Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork.

Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software.

In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at support@teamwork.com - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise!

Daniel Nachimson

Excellent beginner PM SaaS product

Reviewed 2019-10-07

I had never used a project management system like this before, and it was a good introduction in how to better organize tasks and team members in a timely manner.

Pros
It helped me organize the project tasks and learn how to use a Gantt chart with dependencies. Support was very quick and helpful

Cons
It could use some better client-facing reporting options, in a case where user would like to share the project progress with the client. Seems mostly tailored to internal company use.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to hear that it has helped with your organisation and time keeping!

With regards to reporting, we have it covered! It is currently in the progress of being built by our Projects team, have a look at the roadmap here for yourself! - https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap?product=projects.

If you ever have any issues, our 'very quick and helpful' support staff are on hand 24/7 to give you any assistance needed! They are a great bunch, but we may be slightly biased!

Hope you have a nice day!

Best project management software

Reviewed 2019-09-07

Excellent for collaborations that involve​​ outside entities, the features and functionalities allow us to be completely​ transparent with other companies and clients.

Pros
Teamwork has a lot of excellent features that other project management software​ do not offer such as risk assessment, billing, gantt charts, and other functionalities essential to our projects.

Cons
The price is a little steep, they charge per user but they do not charge extra for view-only users which is great for us when we want to allow clients to view the status of projects.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Our development team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the extensive features of the product!

The view-only users can be very handy for outside collaborators. We completely agree!

If you ever have any issues, our lovely support team are on hand to help out however possible! Drop them an email over at support@teamwork.com.

Adam Jones

We tried everything - And love Teamwork Projects

Reviewed 2019-11-10

We tried literally everything we could find in the market place for Project management software. We switched from Basecamp originally and the big push for us was the TimeTracking with tasks that could be brought into invoices. I know Freshbooks has that feature too, but freshbooks doesn't have project management in the way that we needed that total collaboration environment. We looked at Monday.com too recently but since we have full buy-in on Teamwork I don't think we are in a place to switch and a lot of the features and pricing just don't make sense. That is where I think Teamwork has really cornered the niche well in terms of pricing and features.

Pros
Gantt charts Tasks Task Creation Inviting Clients into the space TIME TRACKING!

Cons
User interface was updated but could be better, especially when compared to Monday.com

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Adam,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Teamwork Projects! Five stars and a 10/10?! All our Monday morning dreams are coming true!

We are delighted that you are enjoying the software, and that it has filled that gap in your Marketing Stack! We also love the time tracking features, it was an important one for us to get right - we are glad that you agree!

Another great thing about Teamwork is our support team - should anything ever come up in your use of the software! They are coffee fuelled problem solvers - what a fantastic combination! You'll find them over at support@teamwork.com.

Have a great day!

Tigran Karapetyan

Perfect for Managing and Keeping Track of Work

Reviewed 2019-10-13

My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Every time I have the freedom to choose ​software for managing my work I choose Teamwork.

Pros
Teamwork is the all-in-one software for managing projects. I've used Projects in several workplaces and was very pleased in all cases. It offers all the essential task tracking features and also has a ​Trello-like board view. The built-in time tracker was especially useful to keep track of the time spent on each task. Teamwork even offers a client for the timer that can stay above all your windows so that you don't forget starting or stopping the timer.

Cons
The only con for Teamwork Projects is that it can be hard to navigate around at first. While the UI is perfectly easy-to-use, the existence of many features makes getting lost in the UI very easy when you're new to it. To some people, the UI is intimidating at first glance. Convincing those people to get on board was the challenging part of making the software a default project management tool in the company.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tigran,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad to hear that you found the software pleasing and useful!

Onboarding and UI intimidation issues - got ya! I've just spoken with our Projects Product Manager, Mossy, and he wants to hear more from you! We are currently working on making this experience better, and would love if you could help! Would you mind emailing in to marketing@teamwork.com with the subject header of 'Re:Capterra Review: Onboarding feedback' and I'll pick it up from there.

Overall, we are delighted that you chose Teamwork over all others! If you ever have any issues, or want to share some #TeamworkLove, reach out to us via support@teamwork.com! Our support team are insanely talented... or so they tell me anyway!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Vinicius Andrade

Organized work

Reviewed 2019-09-02

We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Pros
A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Cons
The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Vinicius,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible.

Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at support@teamwork.com and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product!

Eric Lagergren

More than Project Management

Reviewed 2019-06-27

I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Pros
• Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing. • It's cloud-based. • It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better. • The design is elegant.

Cons
• The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased!

Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them!

Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before!

As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team!

Philip Tarrant

Enough structure to encourage good project management practices

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Pros
On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Cons
Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there Philip,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use.

We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim!

Make sure to stay in touch with us on support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team.

Nancy at Teamwork

Josh Ogg

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Pros
We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons
I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Vernessa Taylor

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-12

Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros
Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons
TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Matthew Gregory

Couldn't live without this product to manage my business

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Couldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.

Pros
Helps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!

Cons
The ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products!

Regards,
Deborah

Anonymous

Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.

Reviewed 2017-12-27

Pros
Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Cons
Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use. - It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious. - Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more.

We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars.

Kind Regards,
Deborah

Brett Goodlin

Productivity in full effect

Reviewed 2017-12-21

Pros
Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons
For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Jessica Dulin

Ease to Use and Continually Evolving

Reviewed 2017-09-10

It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Pros
The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Cons
There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations.

We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments.

In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4

Feel free to get in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you need.

Wes

McKay Salisbury

Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back

Reviewed 2017-07-07

It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Pros
It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Cons
I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi McKay,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team.

The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features.

Wes

Stefan Kaarbø

Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork!

Reviewed 2017-04-02

I have used Teamwork for almost 2 years - trying other things on the side to see if there is somethings better out there - but my still my first choice. I know about project tools, and they all are good, but they are too complicated and all fashion in their way of use - Teamwork has done something different - and while I tested it out I also tested multiple solutions. They are constantly getting new features and optimizing reporting and UI and UX. The one thing I have been waiting for is the Kanban or Board that they call it - then it will be complete. The cool thing is they are open about their roadmap - so I constantly reach out to push features through - I am sure they listen to us as customers because things happen all the time. So let´s get down to business. Pricing and solutions beats everyone else, trust me! So what is it that makes it so good? Teamwork Project - besides as everyone would expect a project tool - they have another mindset to getting things done - and building performing teams - that I do not find everywhere else. I believe others copy them and try to do it simpler - but then it is a lack of other features that you need in a professional system. Since we have multiple projects, and we connect our clients and give them the overall by onboarding them to follow us in an easy way. We give them an ease of mind, and send them reports daily. So when we meet, we stop the chatter on where we are and can focus on how to go further. We use Teamwork Desk for support sites - and can also build up support for my clients -so we can charge for and outsourced service, that makes their services extend further. Do you think they love it? Teamwork Chat - I can be in contact down on pure tasks, and also the ability to create task as we speak. No waste of time. But my favorite tools are the extensions in chrome and Gmail. Saves me time -and makes me be so effective that I have no words - That is why: Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork! Just a Butler gone Digital, and that is also true. I have high standards - and been digital for 40 years - so I know my ground. Thanks Teamwork!

Pros
The "comlexed easyness" of the way of building quality projects. The extensions in Chrome and Gmail - timesavers deluxe.

Cons
Still working on the onboarding of my non-tech clients to make it even simpler for them to follow, but it does actually not matter since they get an email daily on the progress.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Christina Porter

This product has made my life so much easier

Reviewed 2017-03-30

I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros
I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons
The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly .

Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com.

Dominic Nelson

One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...

Reviewed 2017-03-29

I found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced. There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money. I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use. I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele. A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others. All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better. So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.

Pros
Robust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.

Cons
Time reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations. Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Dominic,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Best regards,