Teamwork Logo
Teamwork

Work and project management software that works for you.

visit website

Teamwork Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Use Teamwork every day and great task management software and absolutely love it and make constant updates to improve the experience. A good place to document everything.

sp

sony p.

Bassam H.

Bassam H.

Our problem was that everyone on our team was using the software differently and projects were getting lost simply because they weren't assigned correctly.

AN

Andrew N.

In order for a task to be sent to billing it has to have hours attached. This is a pain if you have no hours but do have materials.

CH

Chris H.

I did not noticed any 2FA warnings when signing from new devices. That's an issue, because projects and tasks may contain some sensitive info.

Teamwork users...

+ 3

Asana

Mavenlink-logocaret

Mavenlink

How would you rate Teamwork?

Dinos P.

President

Internet, self-employed

Teamwork…a great PM with seemingly too much functionality

Reviewed 19 hours ago

Transcript

Dinos P.: Hello, my name is Dinos, and I'm the President and Website Consultant, and I give Teamwork...

The best project management tool I have ever used

Transcript

Alex: Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a founder of a digital marketing agency, and I give Teamwork a five out of five....

Productivity in full effect

Pros

Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also...

Cons

For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Teamwork improves project and task management

Our group is more efficient, task-oriented, and collaborative when we work together as a team. It's ideal for companies with a large workforce. As a result of its ease of use and adaptability, it's ideal for usage by a wide range of organizations. It's great that we can contact with the vendor via Outlook and the tool keeps track of what we say. On top of that, we've got all of the project files saved on the server.

Pros

This software's user interface is well-designed and simple to operate. Reports, calendars, and Gantt charts may all be created. This program allows us to work with a variety of file types. All members of the team will be able to more readily communicate with each other thanks to this program.

Cons

I have seen better user interfaces in other products, but this one falls short. While getting acclimated to the UI takes some time, managing and controlling project activities becomes much simpler once you have.

Teamwork…a great PM with seemingly too much functionality

This is the deal - it’s great, almost always works perfectly; just overly complicated (by design). It’s very customizable and that’s a huge plus in the “Pro” column.

Pros

It has an incredible amount of features that worked the way I wanted to.

Cons

I started spending too much time updating countless todo fields, project fields and everything in between.

Very good project management SAAS for agencies and service providers

Very good platform for project management. I use it for more than 8 years. I used it in a marketing agency and now I use it for a e-learning /training & consulting business.

Pros

I like the time tracking and the fact that I can easily set new tasks, follow the task implementation, have meetings based on everything set on the platform.

Cons

I still use other tools of simple to-do lists, but for real project management I have everything covered with this platform. I think that maybe more reporting options could be useful.

Great tool for getting you out of email hell!

Pros

Love that I can use this to communicate with clients and team members and keep a transparent log that everyone can see, vs tasks and side conversations getting lost in email. Project templates make it easy to kick off a project and not reinvent the wheel each time.

Cons

Time tracking and invoicing is ok - but not the most robust feature.

A very underrated project management system

Pros

I was first introduced to Teamwork at my job and it was definitely new, but as time went by, it became easier to use and navigate for managing all the projects for my team.

Cons

Because of certain features, such as fade-in transitions when hovering over, it takes a bit more time to assign dates to tasks, as well as assigning dates where it won't include all the subtasks, even though the selection to include subtasks was selected.

Work Together with Teamwork

Tracking the progress of projects. Creation of tasks and prioritization of projects.

Pros

Collaboration on the same project has been effective with Teamwork. No manual procedures are involved when tracking time and expense on projects.

Cons

I slightly do not like how Teamwork lacks offline capability to sync data while not connected to the internet.

All in one toll for project, team and time tracking

It is an excellent tool for project, plan, update, execution, team task assign, tracking, and update. If you like detailed management of projects and tasks, this is your tool

Pros

The ability to manage the visibility of conversation with a specific team members and/or clients

Cons

The user interface is okay but visual elements could be improved.

Teamwork Insight

Project portfolio management.

Pros

With Teamwork, it is easy to schedule and plan projects.

Cons

I have no aspect that I do not like about Teamwork at the moment.

Teamwork

Pros

Intuitive, good UX and easy to use both from mobile app and browser.

Cons

Not at all, provide all we need to keep track of the task and communication with the team

Great project Management software!

Very happy with the overall experience, have been seeing the software get better and better over last couple years.

Pros

Tracking tasks on projects are top of the line with this software. Reporting and additional features are constantly improving but much better than Microsoft Projects or Smartsheet.

Cons

Reporting features and Gantt charts/tasks both showing at the same time can use improving.

Hello, Thank you very much for this amazing feedback, we really appreciate it! We are glad to see a 10/10 recommendation - our product team will be thrilled with this. Thank you for letting us know about the reporting features and Gantt chart issues. Could you send us an email at support@teamwork.com so we can learn more about this and see if there is something we can do to help? Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Easy to use, full of great features, budget Project Management Software

I have been using TeamWork for 6 years now, I am very happy with it, and new useful features are always being added, making the tool more and more helpful and efficient...

Pros

TeamWork Projects is an easy to use software, full of features to collaborate and manage projects. Notifications and customizations are very helpful. The ability to add users from different companies to collaborate in a project is amazing, and for me, it is an edge over other similar PM tools. The extended family of teamWork products also added great benefits. Integration with other software is also a big plus. And finally, the price for the subscription is very reasonable and the value for the money is on the upper hand...

Cons

The options to export the data or migrate data are a bit limited. Other than that, all features a project manager would need are present, being added or improved constantly...

Hey Bassam, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork and the extended family of Teamwork products! We are delighted that Teamwork has had a positive impact on your consultancy's collaboration. Our team is constantly working to ensure that our product enables users to collaborate seamlessly. We understand you note on data exportation. It would be great if you could email us at support@teamwork.com, so we can try resolve this issue for you. Have a nice day, Karen at Teamwork

Belize Signs Ltd Teamwork review

We try several project management systems and we ended using Teamwork. We had been using Teamwork for more than 4 years and definitely it has been an extraordinary tool to improve our business, I don't think we would be able to do it without the Teamwork

Pros

I like the way you can customize your projects, it can be done very clearly and fast, also the ability to set your privacy and the way you can organize the communication between the people involved in the project, this software is really amazing once you have set your system, another good feature is that you can start with a very simple project and use it as a template optimizing it adding more to it during the process of the same project

Cons

only a few details when posting from mobiles, sometimes little details doesn't work when posting some kind of files from mobiles

Hi Gustavo, Thanks for your great review of Teamwork. Our support team are an amazing bunch - please don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com, if you are experiencing issues with the mobile app. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it! I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Simply the best

Overall, Teamwork has completely changed the way our agency does project management. Collaboration, transparency and efficiency are all up and it's all thanks to Teamwork. Their Support staff is excellent and the software is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use interface Many integrations available Reliable

Cons

File storage runs out quickly Many features we simply do not use

Hi Tim, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the integration aspect our product. I've noted your issues with file storage and will pass this onto the developer team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Some great features for Time tracking, including dependent tasks and filter views

Pros

We love that our team tasks can have dependencies. Task 2 can not be started before task 1 if you choose to set up tasks with them dependent on others. We all get several hundred emails each week. The dependent task feature has reduced our need to email each other by 20%.

Cons

The set up instructions say how to use features but don't tell the reader why they would be helpful to use. We've been using the software for more than 6 months and we can't find a reason to use a handful of the features they highlight the most. When we've contacted support they were able to tell us how to use the features, but like the instructions they could not tell us what we might use them for.

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted to hear you are enjoying our task management feature! I've taken your comments about the instructions onboard and will pass them onto the team! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Teamwork is a daily too in our organization

Great! We use it daily. We killed email communication pertaining to project work completely. Nobody is allowed to communicate requests for work in email. The workflow is to create a task in the correct project in Teamwork. If the output to be checked - it is a task in Teamwork, etc.

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, ability to have unlimited users for the same license fee. Timetracking aspects of it.

Cons

Inability to import project file (XML or alike). I.e., to use project management software and upload the project to create tasks and subtasks with assignments and dates.However, the other benefits outweigh this aspect.

Hello Dmitri, Thanks for your review - it's great to see a 10/10 rating! I'll make sure to pass your suggestions for project files onto the team - they are continuously looking for ways to update our product! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Working Well for our Project-Based Company

The overall experience has been pretty positive, with most team members adapting quickly to Teamwork. There has been a slight learning curve, since we were going from a very basic system in Trello to this more fully-featured tool.

Pros

The best part about teamwork is the birds-eye-view that it gives employees and managers over everything that is going on within the company. We really appreciate having our time tracking system tied directly to the tasks within a project because it makes it much easier to log time and to see how much time was spent on each area of the project.

Cons

We have not yet developed a clear process, and Teamwork doesn't seem to have one built in, to account for tasks that are waiting on outside input such as a client approval. Most of our clients are not using our Teamwork software, so when we are waiting on a review there is not a great way within the software to distinguish that apart from a task that is actually late.

Hi Sara Olive, Thanks for your review of Teamwork! It's great to see Teamwork has helped with your task and time management. I've passed your comment onto the support team to look into these issues further. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Every once in a while you discover a product or service that changes everything you do at your company. Teamwork was that product for us. Teamwork took us from a struggling agency that didn't understand its investment of time in our project work and that had no processes to speak of to a company that runs like clockwork. We couldn't be the company we are without it.

Pros

Integration with other apps / software Ease of use for team members Ease of use for customers Integration with email clients Integration with browsers The mobile experience is top notch Cost effectiveness Time tracking for team members Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive

Cons

Some minor limitations on template designs for projects but there are always work-arounds.

Hi Michael, Our team will be delighted with this feedback and a 10/10 rating! Don't forget, we are always available at support@teamwork.com if you need anything or wish to submit a feature request! Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Review of teamwork

Overall, it's a great product. Once all the creases are ironed out, it is probably the best on the market for the price.

Pros

There are a couple of great things about this software. The first are the free collaborator & client accounts. Having these allows us to work with companies with many employees, without having to change them more for more users. This feature allows us to collaborate a lot quicker than on email with our clients and achieve greater results. The other is the time tracking. With the ability to estimate and track time, we can easily plan our weeks ahead & see what projects we can fit in and when.

Cons

There are still a few features that aren't working as well as they should do. The workload piece is quite buggy, and has caused us several issues overloading work in a particular week when there isn't enough time. Having mentioned this, we were told not enough people have brought this to their attention so they won't be fixing this...it also takes a long time sometimes to hear back.

Hi James, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear you about the issues you have been experiencing - could you contact us at support@teamwork.com to look into this? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Teamwork Support

We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

Hi Nicci, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating! If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

I like it overall, but it feels a bit dated

Teamwork is our project/clients headquarters. We keep all of our logins, tasks, and team communications in there and so far it's been a good solution for us and keeping all of our clients project specific material seperated. The daily e-mail reminders and task notifications keep our team running smoothly and aware of what's outstanding or coming up.

Pros

We've been using Teamwork as our project management tool for years. For my client's needs, it's a pretty great PM tool. It's easy for us to add new projects, create a Logins notebook and then add any tasks that need to be completed, assign to the person that needs to do it and attach any details such as date due and how long they have to complete it. I'm also able to add "saved" tasks lists so...

Cons

The interface is now cluttered and clunky. It's not as sleek and clean as say Basecamp in its simplicity. I don't ever use any of the reporting features because they just don't make any sense and in my opinion are not easy to implement. It could be I need to take some of their training or something, but haven't had the time. I wish it was a bit easier to create a project template and then update it. Because I have to hunt it down and remember where it is, my templates aren't updated as frequently as I would like. I also wish it provided more user guidance on setting up what I consider advanced features such as Gnatt charts and the new Kanban board interface.

Hi Yoana, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to hear you are enjoying our new updated personal task feature on our dashboard. We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with our product - could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can investigate these further? Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Great Functionality, Extremely Versatile

Excellent, we have been able to collaborate more closely and effectively on projects remotely which has been very helpful these past few months with most of oyr staff woring from home.

Pros

Teamwork.com has far more features than previous project management software we have tried. The GANTT chart function is superb and we have also been able to maintain easily searchable research archives for several ongoing project. Teamwork also allows us to invite partners from outside our team to view projects which had been an issue with previous softwares we tried.

Cons

Setting up and inviting new users to collaborate on projects has proved to be a little confusing at times but once they are set up everything works smoothly.

Hi there, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted you are enjoying our product''s features and versatility! If you ever need any assistance with setting up users, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com so we can help you with this. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track

Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros

I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons

It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round! On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business. If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at support@teamwork.com :) Have a nice day, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Super data management of projects and software

My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Teamwork Projects is very well suited for any size or kind of project.

Pros

When it comes to the pros and cons of the Teamwork, there are many points to think about. All the likeness towards a program depends on the work they do. And how people like it. Teamwork is just like the 'teamwork' we have between ourselves. People have a very positive and pleasant impression of Teamwork projects. That's because of they have the optimum freedom they need to have when choosing the software...

Cons

Yet, people have trouble with commenting in too many places. Sometimes they even lose comments. Still not a big issue since you have the email. But, they also lose them inside the Teamwork system itself. Yet, for extra trouble, there are trainees or permanent employees with proper training. You will need someone to teach you about the features and the other things on this Teamwork option.

Hi Chamath, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to see a big list of 'Pros' - that's what we like to see! We are delighted that you're having a positive experience with Teamwork. I've noted your issues with misplacing comments and will pass this onto the support team to look into this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork