All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Contractor Foreman Reviews

A perfect software for a small business

I have been extremely happy with this tool. It has changed the level of communication internally and documentation permanently for us.

Pros

I like the way the software is set-up with video tutorials everywhere in the software. If you are unsure about something...just watch the quick video. I also like the layout and the customization it allows. The developers obviously thought of almost everything. My favourite is the daily reports and how easy they are to create and get out to owners, partners or other people, keeping everyone up to date.

Cons

This is a bit nit-picky, but the pages should automatically save. You have to remember to save each one every time. If you try to leave, it does remind you that you need to save...but it's not me...I mean idiot proof. I'm rushing through and skip this some times and have to go back.

Thank you Kelly for the great review. Auto-save is a feature that will enabled in our April update. We understand that things happen that are out of your control (lose of electricity, distraction, internet outage, computer crash, etc) so we see the value in making sure we are saving your work as you make changes. -Steven Gabbard

The whole package for a great price!

We are becoming so much more efficient in our processes now and we are able to spend more time building the business.

Pros

This software is an all encompassing package. It enables you to use 1 software for everything while at the same time not being incredibly expensive. It is well worth the money they charge for it and I am finally happy we found that perfect software! The customer service is second to no one.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Thank you Chris for the great review. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service so that you can ask a question and quickly get an answer and get back to work. We will continue to improve and release monthly updates with great new features.

Great Software

Awesome!

Pros

i love the SCHEDULING AND TEMPLATES APPS

Cons

i do not like cloud based, and must be connected to use it.

Ty the Technician

Overall it’s been great! Customer service is top notch! It’s it’s only gets better the better I learn how to use it.

Pros

I love being able to put daily notes for each project. It helps us keep track of our hours materials used and so much more. Being able to attach a picture to the job note is great as well!

Cons

Using the time clock. If there was an option to separate hours weekly it would be great. When you pull up the list to check your hours earned we have to go through the list and separate the list for each week. It’s great that the app shows you your hours for the current week but if it would show you totals for previous weeks it would be great.

Great product, Great Value, Awesome Support

I am still learning the ins and outs of Contractor Foreman. There are so many features and options that it does take a little time to implement them all. Contractor Foreman is an all-in-one solution to many of the problems we face on a daily basis as a mid-size General Contractor. The website and mobile app are super user friendly and the support is personalized and amazing.

Pros

I like that there are so many features included that solved many of the day to day problems we were experiencing as our business continues to grow. Assigning features to users is easy and the continued updates and releases just make the product better every day. After looking at lots of different options, Contractor Foreman is the right fit for us, and definitely is at the right price!

Cons

There are so many features that it was a little overwhelming to begin with. As you read through the list, you can imagine how each one will work in your current organization's processes and procedures and just want them operational yesterday!

Thank you Bill for the great review. Contractor Foreman includes a lot of features which allows you to grow into it instead of quickly growing out of it. If you ever need help getting one of the features implemented, training is free and we will be glad to help. If there is a feature we need to add, be sure to let us know. Thanks again.

Great product

Great support and product that seems all around great project management from the initial contact from the client to completion of the project.

Pros

Great product. Glad training is done online and provided by US based personnel. Seems very easy to move around site. I still have a lot to explore. Many of options for training soon after signing up.

Cons

On the IPad app it doesn’t seem as easy to use.

Contractor fore man

i have been using it for 2 weeks. so far it seems the right product for my company. would recommend a new more customization which has been communicated to Contractor foreman team. i was glad that they are already working on these recommendation and should be incorporated soon.

Pros

Tracking the project cost, the option of assigning your job cost and then tracking it is nice. this way you exactly know when you are about to go overboard.

Cons

Invoicing system can be a bit better. it has certain limitation.

Great Product

So far it's been great. I haven't been using it very long but it is fairly user friendly.

Pros

The software system is very customizable to my needs and offers tracking of many different aspects of a project. From design to punchlist the system allows me to track most everything in one place.

Cons

The invoicing/estimating and email pushes could be a bit more polished. Contractor Foreman's logo is more prominent than my logo.

Software Review

Very knowledgeable staff and user friendly platform.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility to use in Cloud platform.

Cons

Missing critical items for overall job cost tracking.

Early User - So far so good

The software will do the main things we need it to do. We were working in a bunch of different spreadsheets and then recreating each project in QB, so this cuts some of those steps out. The customer service has been very responsive.

Pros

QB Integration, project schedule tracking, project cost tracking

Cons

We could use more freedom with the features. Some items need duplicate entry.

Thank you Cecily for the review. Do you mind helping me better understand "freedom with the features" and what we would need to do differently? Thanks, Steven Gabbard, Founder steven@contractorforeman.com

Best Software I've found yet

So far this seems to be the missing link that was keeping us from taking the next growth step. It brings our field techs and office staff closer together in a well organized fashion.

Pros

We rolled this software out quite easily and with only a few hiccups. It's very intuitive and extremely robust with features. An excellent tool for an contracting/construction business.

Cons

Just a few initiall hiccups with Quickbooks integration but nothing out of the normal and they're all being dealt with or were dealt with in a timely fashion.

Free Trial convince

I am still learning - still working through all my questions but I am satisfied that CF will help me through what ever questions I have going forward.

Pros

The support has been amazing - I have emails that encourage me to take part in the free on phone one on one training and they have been able to walk me through the rough spots. I am still not proficient but it is getting easier to manage.

Cons

When I uploaded all the receipts for one particular project and tried to access them as an openable file, it took me back to my files and I had to go through more steps than I thought necessary to open and read the receipts.

Hi Christopher. We do appreciate the great review. I'll send an email to you so that we can better understand the issue you had with receipts so that we can find out what is going on. Thanks again.

Real world software

Pros

Software designed by people that have been in the home remodeling/ general contracting business. The software is flexible/customizable so it can be set up the way you run your business not forcing us to try and make the software fit our business. It's updated monthly with new features being added. They take suggestions and allow users to "thumbs up" other user's suggestions. The price is very reasonable compared to competitors.

Cons

Some features could be added like being able to communicate with customers through the software and allowing customers to select different choices in the estimates but I'm sure these features are coming.

Thank you Kevin for the awesome review. If you have enabled Client Access within the Project, you can communicate through chat with your customer. We will continue to improve and release new features each month.

New Business Owner

Love it. My go to tool!

Pros

Great tool and easy to use and manage. Love the time clock feature and accounting by project

Cons

No cons easy to use The product support is top notch

what i have been looking for

very good

Pros

service tickets lead you directly to time cards

Cons

non customization at little hard to get used to

Best Construction Management Software

By far the best construction and project management software that is cloud based. I have researched and tested a lot of softwares and platforms and Contractor Foreman just simply does the job exactly as you need it to. I was about to hire a developer to develop our own software because I couldn't find a software that covers our needs however once I came across contractor foreman this became history and now thats what the entire team at our firm is using.

Pros

It covers all the necessary features for a construction company in our field of design and fit-outs for commercial, retail and residential projects. It is easy to use, straight forward and basically makes your company organized and operational from one platform.

Cons

Multi Country operation we cannot separate projects across countries. Our company operates in 4 different countries and each country has its own currency so its difficult to filter the projects per country.

Bang for the buck

Complete organization. It's that simple.

Pros

This is exactly what I have been waiting for, it seems. I am in the setup and implementation stage, but I see meat and potatoes and not a lot of fluff, which is exactly what I wanted/needed.

Cons

So far, I would only suggest a little more company branding on the home page/dashboard instead of just the company name, but that's aesthetics only and not function.

Amazing!!!

Absolutely love all the features. We used to have 3+ different apps that we constantly had to sync and had problems with. Contractor Foreman consolidated all of that and made it easier for us to track profitability.

Pros

It’s integration with QBO and the CRM which we would have had to find separately if not for Contractor Foreman.

Cons

Pricing structure which requires significant payment up front.

Thanks David for the great review. Regarding price, the Pro plan you are on allows full access for 15 users and is only $123/m (compared to $299-599 that our competitors charge). We are glad that we can provide a great product and great service at a price that is affordable to all.

What we have been looking for

having timesheet, project reporting and statusing all in one platform

Pros

i am a small business owner that runs a electrical contracting company, we have grown and currently use several different platforms to manage our operations, we looked into CF and saw we can have all in one. the price for unlimited was lower than what i spend for all my other platforms.

Cons

the estimating section is a bit weak would like to have at least upload plans so we can do takeoffs

Great for combining multiple programs

Pros

I like that we have been able to eliminate multiple programs and get our company running on one website.

Cons

I hope they will be able to make a calendar based on crews scheduled and not individual employees.

Amazing software

Amazing software for construction companies. I got it mostly for the scheduling but now use it for estimates, invoices, change orders, punch lists, and pretty much every other aspect of project management. This software is so inexpensive that I would never have believed that it could do so much.

Pros

I can use it from all of my devices. It is a great scheduling and project management software. it is also great for the financial side of the business such as estimates, invoices, change orders, work orders, etc.

Cons

I would like to only have to enter certain information once. For example if I create a contact and put in all of the contact information for that contact I would like to not have to put in that same contact information when I create a project for that contact.

Thank you Jordan for the great review. Regarding the 'Con', when creating a new project or a new estimate, the system will prompt you after selecting the customer and ask if you want to use the same Customer address for the Project address so that there is no need to type the same values again. Time is money and we want to save you as much time as possible by automating as many tasks as we can.

Fantastic Program

Pros

Contractor Foreman has been a wonderful way for our company to store all of our jobs and data to keep everyone organized. The price is the best part. We have been using another program the past couple years and paying up to $800 a month to use it. CF has most of the same features so we aren't compromising our productivity and saving us tons of money. Customer service has been phenomenal. There is no wait time to be connected with someone for help. They also provide one-on-one trainings to make sure you are using the program to the fullest potential. Nice people, wonderful program, it's a no-brainer.

Cons

I wish there was an internal way to email so that everyone can see email communication between insurance/customer/coworkers on jobs.

Thank you Corinne for the awesome review! Our pledge to you and everyone else is to continue to be the best price option, provide excellent customer service, and to constantly improve the product we provide. We have a great team and we are glad that we have been able to serve and meet your needs and we will continue to do so. -Steve

Great tool

The developers are normally quick to respond when we have questions or issues. It has been a good experience overall.

Pros

I like that this software is able to accurately track our service tickets and clued GPS information per service team. Each service ticket has all the necessary information we need to give to the customer to adequately price and invoice each service.

Cons

The only real thing that I could see that could be improved on is the report the generator should have a larger pictures to show greater detail.

Riverlands Construction's review of CF

Pros

The software has great value for the amount that you pay.

Cons

I would like if the software had GPS boundary notifications. To receive an alert if employees leave site boundaries while still clocked in. That is the only thing that Builder Trend offered that this software doesn't. Everything else is great.

A good software with a great support team

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to teach your team to use.

Cons

A better way to modify your time cards. By the end of your day, being able to divide up the time you clocked in to different projects and cost codes. (for office use)

Thank you Karl for the review. We are constantly adding new features to the time cards as we know that they are a critical component for many of our customers. You'll see improvements with the upcoming monthly update. As always, please share your ideas with us as we know many of you are switching to us from very expensive time tracking software and we want to make sure your needs are met. -Steven Gabbard

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.