ProjectTeam Reviews

4.76/5 (25 reviews)

Wayne F.

ProjectTeam makes our construction project more efficient

Reviewed 2018-07-10

The application has given me total transparency across all of my projects. My company handles numerous design-build projects. Before using ProjectTeam our project team had issues trying to get a handle on every aspect of every project. We have not only centralized our data but are now in "Sync" with all of our contractors by "Sharing" the project info with all entities of the project saving my company time and money. Thank you ProjectTeam!

Pros
ProjectTeam is a cloud based software and that allows us to track important processes on projects. Even though we started off just using in-house, to fully utilize the power of the system it's better to get all other members of the project on board as well. At minimum, we like to have our subcontractors logging in and create documents to share with us which helps eliminate a lot of the double entry that you typically have in other systems. We've found that when using ProjectTeam it helps build a sense of trust with others on the project knowing all important data can be found in one place eliminating many of the usual headaches.

Cons
Not necessarily a con but ProjectTeam is a living software and is always getting new features and releases. This is great but does mean there should be someone at your company that can keep up with all the changes to make sure you're able to get the most out of the system. They do have many webinars and emails giving an overview of new features as they come out but I always think someone at your company should act as the system admin and make a point to try and learn all the new changes.

Jordan Downey

Easy to use project management

Reviewed 2017-01-13

ProjectTeam was super simple to get started. All they did was send us a sign-up link and we were in. Our initial impressions of the software were that it's easy to use and pretty straight forward. It didn't take my team long to get trained because it was so easy. The part that we use most (and really the main reason for choosing ProjectTeam) is custom forms. We have a lot of unique requirements in terms of things we track on our projects so it was key to acquire something that was flexible enough to let us do that. I didn't really find anything else out there that allowed you to do that. Other than the custom stuff we're tracking we also use it for basics like RFIs, submittals, and field reports. Whenever we've had any issues in the system their support team has been quick to respond and help resolve them. Overall, I feel like this is the perfect tool for our needs and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something robust enough to track large amounts of construction data and easy enough that users actually will log in and use it.

Pros
Adding users is a breeze and getting them access to the right projects and forms is easy. Overall, the entire system is just simple to use. The forms, the files area, action items, etc. all work well and easy to understand. It's not like I have to click a lot of different links just to get to the information needed. The system is fast and lets me get in, out, and on with my day.

Cons
Wish they had a scheduling module. The system is outstanding for tracking document control but doesn't yet have a scheduling piece. During support discussions with them, they have mentioned scheduling is coming so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Brian Rothery

ProjectTeam is the future

Reviewed 2018-12-18

License costs were lower than competitors, implementation investment was a fraction of other solutions, ramp up time was immediate. With all that it is still an extremely robust application that is easily scale-able to any size project in any industry.

Pros
Ease of use! I have used several products on the market over the last 25 years that have all required specialty consultants months to configure and end users days to learn. With ProjectTeam we were able to learn on our own in hours and efficiently configure our solution in days.

Cons
ProjectTeam comes out of the box with a robust catalog of system forms. While you can build upon the system form with additional fields and custom workflow you are restricted from hiding or renaming the system fields. We were easily able to work around this when it created a problem by simply taking a few minutes to create a custom form.

Andreas Chrysostomou

Organized Constr. Mgmt. documentation around action items and customization in simplified complexity

Reviewed 2017-12-13

Pros
The customization features allows for innovation and creativity. Forms can be created to fit the needs a particular issue. The integration between documentation reference, Action Item creation, and attachments provide the ability to review all related documents in different organized ways. Search and filter per document form helps to vie related document. Reporting is one of the strongest parts of ProjectTeam. Customized Reports can be created to fit the organization needs. We created separate reports for all our shareholders. Every customized report can be customized further before the final view by inserting additional filters and views on all field.

Cons
Although the system is customizable, there is the need for more structure on certain areas that are commonly used for different teams. Depending on the usage and type of work, ProjectTeam could have ready to use applications. There is the need for general search ability.

Katherine Aragon

Very useful tool

Reviewed 2018-12-07

We are using ProjectTeam to track all documents for civil/highway construction projects. The ease of customizing on the fly is a huge feature. The ProjectTeam support staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions. Overall very happy.

Pros
The customization of the forms is the feature I appreciate the most. For our needs, we don't use a lot of the default forms, but are able to build any forms we need exactly as we need them. We have also started using the accounting cost codes and picklist sets for ease of global project information.

Cons
The reporting functionality is still being expanded, but I know they will get it to where we need it to be.

Socrates Constantinides

Great experience using this software and I believe I speak for my whole team, not only personally.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Pros
That is very easy to use and customize. Our role as an engineering company is not the same on every project and therefore our needs change from project to project. Especially being able to customize for different projects has been a very effective tool.

Cons
Not many things I don't like about the software. The one thing I am still not used to is to remember to share every time I upload something.

Shannon Lindauer

What other collaboration platforms try to be

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Like with any elegant solution/tool, I keep finding ways to use it across my business processes. Other platforms seemed like they expected me to build my processes around the tool.

Pros
The ease of use in adding people to forms and providing access to documents. Seriously intuitive and user-friendly. Doing the same thing in something like, SharePoint, takes many more steps and also Administrator access. Also, the user interface is seamless. I don't even have to think about "how" to do something. The buttons and clicks all make sense.

Cons
It took me a minute to understand how "forms" were used...like, literally, a minute. Once I got that, my learning curve was flat.

Ken Baker

Daily Reports

If a 66 year old guy can use it the younger crowd will have no issues

Pros
The daily report is easy to use and clone the next days project. Saves a lot of time. I can add items and remove with ease. I’m a terrible speller and I love the spell check as you go.

Cons
All works well tech support is great Have never had an issue in 3 years

Ron Sherin

ProjectTeam for Tenant Space

Reviewed 2018-12-18

We like it, it's useful. Have recommended to others.

Pros
The software application is easy to use and can be customized in times where you need to track different data then what is shown by default.We track change orders and payapps in the software and like how easy it is to have some fields private but share others.

Cons
Not much. In some cases, they need better training modules. I know they said they are working on a set of videos series so maybe that will come soon.

Leah McKinney

We have been using ProjectTeam.com since January, 2018 and it performs above our expectations.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Our client is European and the time difference poses a bit of difficulty in delivering drawings, RFIs, etc in a timely manner. ProjectTeam.com is very user friendly and meets our needs for new users.

Pros
The software system can be customized but it does not have to be in order to be usable on Day 1! The support team is always quick to respond to questions and provide use insight. I have used other electronic project management software systems and ProjectTeam.com is much more user friendly than some systems that are more expensive and take months to set up. I would highly recommend this system and have already.

Cons
There is really nothing I don't like about the system. I would prefer to be able to issue an invitation and create the credentials for a new member in one step. As it is set up, the administrator issues an invitiation to join the project. Once accepted, you have to then give access/share rights to forms and fields for that person. This can be a bit tedious.

Leah McKinney

ProjectTeam Recommendation

Reviewed 2018-12-05

ProjectTeam was deployed on a project that had European contributors and it significantly helped with document transfer to them. The news feed gave me immediate information about who in Europe had been working in the system and on what documents when we arrived at work each morning.

Pros
The system is extremely user friendly and provides a great platform for sharing very large files with other team members. The technical support that is available, is very attentive to solving any issue brought to them.

Cons
Some of the forms that are system generated have titles that cannot be modified to fit our project needs.

Edward Zigo

RZJames Construction

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Pros
ProjectTeam has been a wonderful addition to our firm. They have created a one stop shop for our team to conduct the majority of project business in one place making it easy for our clients to stay informed and up to date on the progress of their project.

Cons
It would be great if ProjectTeam had preconstruction functions in addition to change orders so we could consolidate even more.

Zachary Chernik

Nex Gen Web Project Management Collaboration

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Working with ProjectTeam is exceptional, as they are always working with their clients to make this software the gold standard for Web based PM Software.

Pros
Capable to easily fully customize your data capture requirements.

Cons
It takes thought on how data is shared and owned by the different parties, but once you do understand how the data is structured, the collaboration of secure data between multiple parties for what to show and what to restrict, there is nothing like this out that comes close to what ProjectTeam offers.

Easy to use CM/PM Software

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Pros
Easy to use and customized to company and project needs. Helpful customer service support.

Cons
Cost and Schedule modules. Also, it does not allow to mark up drawings online, need to download markup and upload again.

Valorie Beers

Projectteam

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Software is being used for a specific project. It's an easy software to learn, too many obstacles you go through just to upload information.

Pros
Container where all parties can share information.

Cons
Document uploads are extremely slow, it took 2.5 hours to upload 64 drawings. Drawing and spec packages cannot be linked easily.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

bianca cardaci

A higher level project management software

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Great addition to our suite of vendors. It has brought some additional organization to the process.

Pros
This is a great tool for internal customer management. The ability to upload, edit and access contracts is extremely helpful.

Cons
While I find this software very user friendly, I think there could be some more variations of the templated projects. For instance, the submittals field is a bit cumbersome.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kendra Harrison

Being new to the ProjectTeam experience, I was able to hit the ground running. Customer service A1

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Pros
Very organized and easy to use. I love the editable and customizable forms. Being able tp clone and create revisions makes the process much smoother and prevents unnecessary mistakes.

Cons
Report generation is my least favorite part. I would like to be able to edit forms created by other team mates rather than cloning and re-saving new versions

Anonymous

One of the best project management tools in the construction industry.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-09-07

Pros
Working with volunteer construction workers can be a challenge, but with ProjectTeam I was able to create projects and assign tasks easily.

Cons
I don't have any issues with the current software, but would love to see functionality for business improvement projects in future releases. Thanks!

Derek Lowe

Keane Construction reveiw

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
I liked the overall design and layout of the screen. Also, like anything, the more I spent with it the more intuitive it seemed.

Cons
It would be nice to have direct access to the drawings, but it didn't really affect my experience too much.

Muhammad khan

Highly recommend

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
it is easy to use. Can make reports in all formats. every aspect of the project is covered. we can customize the forms according to our needs. great help in document control

Cons
There is nothing as such that I least like.

Anonymous

The software is very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
The reference link is a powerful feature. I like the fact that I can reference so many files under one; helps me to keep track of all my files. It also saves me a lot of time as I don't have to keep looking for the files.

John Purdy

An Early Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

As a construction program management company, we generated and store a tremendous amount of information and data that is shared by a multitude. Project Team disseminates that body of information quite easily.

Pros
Although I have only been exposed to Project Team for a couple of months, I am finding it to be quite straight forward and easy to use and to get up to speed with. The on problem I had was resolved and taken care of immediately through the Help desk.

Cons
Some of the Detail data entry level are not very intuitive.

brennan hake

Project Team

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Pros
easy to use and stores data effectively

Cons
an auto save would be nice and have better structured home screen

Will Kearns

ProjectTeam- Residential Construction Hamptons

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
ProjectTeam is very intuitive and easy to tailor to a specific project. Thus far, it has proven to be a great tool for communicating with architects- we are using the program for RFIs and Submittals only currently, but plan on expanding into budgeting, field reports etc.

Cons
I would like to see the "My Page" dashboard with action and workflow items on the dashboard for each project, rather than just on the main company homepage.

Michael Timcheck

Project Team Review

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-12-19

I really enjoyed working with Project Team. Once we got the initial tutorial complete, it felt like we were off and running.

Pros
The user interface was very intuitive and easy to pick up. The ProjectTeam staff were easily reachable when any questions did arise.

Cons
Some of the functions felt a little buried from the main screen.