Projectteam.com Reviews

Leah M.

We can customize the forms according to our needs. Great help in document control.

Muhammad k.

John P.

Brian R.

Document uploads are extremely slow, it took 2.5 hours to upload 64 drawings. Drawing and spec packages cannot be linked easily.

Valorie B.

Not many things I don't like about the software.

Socrates C.

4.7

What other collaboration platforms try to be

Like with any elegant solution/tool, I keep finding ways to use it across my business processes. Other platforms seemed like they expected me to build my processes around the tool.

Pros

The ease of use in adding people to forms and providing access to documents. Seriously intuitive and user-friendly. Doing the same thing in something like, SharePoint, takes many more steps and also Administrator access. Also, the user interface is seamless. I don't even have to think about "how" to do something. The buttons and clicks all make sense.

Cons

It took me a minute to understand how "forms" were used...like, literally, a minute. Once I got that, my learning curve was flat.

Very simple, yet detailed software.

My personal experience was great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was assigned to our startup process and to say she was very helpful, is a major understatement. She taught me first to understand how it works and then how to go about it. She also showed me some shortcuts and tips that speeds certain things up with you not having to do things twice. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rockstar!

Pros

The biggest sell on this software is the ability to tailor it around your own business and not have to tailor your business around the software. The “out of the box” forms is very helpful, but it’s even more convenient that you can custom build your own to suit your needs and wants based on your reports you would like to see.

Cons

I was somewhat disappointed that it does not have the ability to allow you to enter formulas to automatically calculate invoice line items such as QTY x Rates. Supposedly that is a feature that will be added pretty soon.

Hey Mike! Thanks for the review :) I wanted to let you know that we added the options to include unit/amount-based line items in your contracts, change orders, and payment application forms. The new fields and table columns will automatically calculate your invoice line items.

An Early Review

As a construction program management company, we generated and store a tremendous amount of information and data that is shared by a multitude. Project Team disseminates that body of information quite easily.

Pros

Although I have only been exposed to Project Team for a couple of months, I am finding it to be quite straight forward and easy to use and to get up to speed with. The on problem I had was resolved and taken care of immediately through the Help desk.

Cons

Some of the Detail data entry level are not very intuitive.

Cost Effective and Flexible

Wonderful customer service through development and implementation. Readily available training and support from ProjectTeam staff. Good follow through.

Pros

Software is simple to set up, deploy and utilize throughout project lifecycle. It offers flexibility to create unique forms and customize to suit our needs. Certainly the most cost effective solution when paired with the current (and future) features.

Cons

Somewhat limited features at present. ProjectTeam is continually developing new features and this software has great potential. Adding a scheduling module and a true project cost tracking module would be very beneficial.

ProjectTeam makes our construction project more efficient

The application has given me total transparency across all of my projects. My company handles numerous design-build projects. Before using ProjectTeam our project team had issues trying to get a handle on every aspect of every project. We have not only centralized our data but are now in "Sync" with all of our contractors by "Sharing" the project info with all entities of the project saving my company time and money. Thank you ProjectTeam!

Pros

ProjectTeam is a cloud based software and that allows us to track important processes on projects. Even though we started off just using in-house, to fully utilize the power of the system it's better to get all other members of the project on board as well. At minimum, we like to have our subcontractors logging in and create documents to share with us which helps eliminate a lot of the double entry that you typically have in other systems. We've found that when using ProjectTeam it helps build a sense of trust with others on the project knowing all important data can be found in one place eliminating many of the usual headaches.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but ProjectTeam is a living software and is always getting new features and releases. This is great but does mean there should be someone at your company that can keep up with all the changes to make sure you're able to get the most out of the system. They do have many webinars and emails giving an overview of new features as they come out but I always think someone at your company should act as the system admin and make a point to try and learn all the new changes.

Easy to use project management

ProjectTeam was super simple to get started. All they did was send us a sign-up link and we were in. Our initial impressions of the software were that it's easy to use and pretty straight forward. It didn't take my team long to get trained because it was so easy. The part that we use most (and really the main reason for choosing ProjectTeam) is custom forms. We have a lot of unique requirements in...

Pros

Adding users is a breeze and getting them access to the right projects and forms is easy. Overall, the entire system is just simple to use. The forms, the files area, action items, etc. all work well and easy to understand. It's not like I have to click a lot of different links just to get to the information needed. The system is fast and lets me get in, out, and on with my day.

Cons

Wish they had a scheduling module. The system is outstanding for tracking document control but doesn't yet have a scheduling piece. During support discussions with them, they have mentioned scheduling is coming so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Very useful tool

We are using ProjectTeam to track all documents for civil/highway construction projects. The ease of customizing on the fly is a huge feature. The ProjectTeam support staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions. Overall very happy.

Pros

The customization of the forms is the feature I appreciate the most. For our needs, we don't use a lot of the default forms, but are able to build any forms we need exactly as we need them. We have also started using the accounting cost codes and picklist sets for ease of global project information.

Cons

The reporting functionality is still being expanded, but I know they will get it to where we need it to be.

Thanks for the review, Katherine! Since your review, we've expanded the reporting capabilities and feel confident in saying we offer one of the most robust reports and dashboard solutions on the market. You can easily drag-and-drop fields from any data source into your reports and export to file types such as HTML, PDF, Excel, CSV, and RTF. You can also schedule reports to get delivered to you and other teammates on a recurring schedule of your choosing.

ProjectTeam is the future

License costs were lower than competitors, implementation investment was a fraction of other solutions, ramp up time was immediate. With all that it is still an extremely robust application that is easily scale-able to any size project in any industry.

Pros

Ease of use! I have used several products on the market over the last 25 years that have all required specialty consultants months to configure and end users days to learn. With ProjectTeam we were able to learn on our own in hours and efficiently configure our solution in days.

Cons

ProjectTeam comes out of the box with a robust catalog of system forms. While you can build upon the system form with additional fields and custom workflow you are restricted from hiding or renaming the system fields. We were easily able to work around this when it created a problem by simply taking a few minutes to create a custom form.

Thanks for the review, Brian! Just letting you know that we added the ability to hide, alias, and reorder out-of-the-box system fields in early 2020. That way, you can mix and match custom fields and system fields to configure your various form types to look and act as you need them to.

Great experience using this software and I believe I speak for my whole team, not only personally.

Pros

That is very easy to use and customize. Our role as an engineering company is not the same on every project and therefore our needs change from project to project. Especially being able to customize for different projects has been a very effective tool.

Cons

Not many things I don't like about the software. The one thing I am still not used to is to remember to share every time I upload something.

Thanks for the review, Socrates! The sharing features allow you to keep information private before deciding to share with other team members. For example, you can create an RFI and share it with other members of your internal company to make sure all the necessary information is there before sharing it with your designers/architects. Update: In early 2020, we added the ability to define "auto-share" rules. Rules can be set up to automatically share records based on conditions such as create, share, or gets access.

Daily Reports

If a 66 year old guy can use it the younger crowd will have no issues

Pros

The daily report is easy to use and clone the next days project. Saves a lot of time. I can add items and remove with ease. I’m a terrible speller and I love the spell check as you go.

Cons

All works well tech support is great Have never had an issue in 3 years

Organized Constr. Mgmt. documentation around action items and customization in simplified complexity

Pros

The customization features allows for innovation and creativity. Forms can be created to fit the needs a particular issue. The integration between documentation reference, Action Item creation, and attachments provide the ability to review all related documents in different organized ways. Search and filter per document form helps to vie related document. Reporting is one of the strongest parts of ProjectTeam. Customized Reports can be created to fit the organization needs. We created separate reports for all our shareholders. Every customized report can be customized further before the final view by inserting additional filters and views on all field.

Cons

Although the system is customizable, there is the need for more structure on certain areas that are commonly used for different teams. Depending on the usage and type of work, ProjectTeam could have ready to use applications. There is the need for general search ability.

Thanks for the review, Andreas! Since your review in 2017, we added a project-wide search in mid-2018 and full global search (across all projects) in early 2020. You can filter your search results by form type such as RFIs, Drawings, Contracts, Budget Items, etc. Your search results can be viewed in either a list view or an expanded view to help you find what you need quickly.

ProjectTeam for Tenant Space

We like it, it's useful. Have recommended to others.

Pros

The software application is easy to use and can be customized in times where you need to track different data then what is shown by default.We track change orders and payapps in the software and like how easy it is to have some fields private but share others.

Cons

Not much. In some cases, they need better training modules. I know they said they are working on a set of videos series so maybe that will come soon.

We have been using ProjectTeam.com since January, 2018 and it performs above our expectations.

Our client is European and the time difference poses a bit of difficulty in delivering drawings, RFIs, etc in a timely manner. ProjectTeam.com is very user friendly and meets our needs for new users.

Pros

The software system can be customized but it does not have to be in order to be usable on Day 1! The support team is always quick to respond to questions and provide use insight. I have used other electronic project management software systems and ProjectTeam.com is much more user friendly than some systems that are more expensive and take months to set up. I would highly recommend this system and have already.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about the system. I would prefer to be able to issue an invitation and create the credentials for a new member in one step. As it is set up, the administrator issues an invitiation to join the project. Once accepted, you have to then give access/share rights to forms and fields for that person. This can be a bit tedious.

ProjectTeam Recommendation

ProjectTeam was deployed on a project that had European contributors and it significantly helped with document transfer to them. The news feed gave me immediate information about who in Europe had been working in the system and on what documents when we arrived at work each morning.

Pros

The system is extremely user friendly and provides a great platform for sharing very large files with other team members. The technical support that is available, is very attentive to solving any issue brought to them.

Cons

Some of the forms that are system generated have titles that cannot be modified to fit our project needs.

best bang for your Buck

Pros

very easy to use .you can control how it looks for your our preferences

Cons

having problems with sharing documents with some contacts

Easy to use CM/PM Software

Pros

Easy to use and customized to company and project needs. Helpful customer service support.

Cons

Cost and Schedule modules. Also, it does not allow to mark up drawings online, need to download markup and upload again.

Thanks for the review! In early-2019 we added the ability to include markups on your drawings and other files. You can add shapes, text, pins, measurements, and more to file types such as PDFs, Images, and MS Office documents.

RZJames Construction

Pros

ProjectTeam has been a wonderful addition to our firm. They have created a one stop shop for our team to conduct the majority of project business in one place making it easy for our clients to stay informed and up to date on the progress of their project.

Cons

It would be great if ProjectTeam had preconstruction functions in addition to change orders so we could consolidate even more.

A higher level project management software

Great addition to our suite of vendors. It has brought some additional organization to the process.

Pros

This is a great tool for internal customer management. The ability to upload, edit and access contracts is extremely helpful.

Cons

While I find this software very user friendly, I think there could be some more variations of the templated projects. For instance, the submittals field is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for the review, Bianca! Did you know that administrators from your company can create different variations of projects and form types to best suit your needs? For example, on your submittals, you can choose to show or hide any of the fields to make it as easy as possible for you and your teammates to streamline your approval process.

Being new to the ProjectTeam experience, I was able to hit the ground running. Customer service A1

Pros

Very organized and easy to use. I love the editable and customizable forms. Being able tp clone and create revisions makes the process much smoother and prevents unnecessary mistakes.

Cons

Report generation is my least favorite part. I would like to be able to edit forms created by other team mates rather than cloning and re-saving new versions

Thanks for the review, Kendra! As stated in your review, being and to customize ProjectTeam and create reports to show any of your data is something we take a great deal of pride in. Since your review in 2017, we've made great strides in the usability of our reporting tool. We are confident in saying that we have one of the most robust and easy-to-use reporting solutions on the market.

Nex Gen Web Project Management Collaboration

Working with ProjectTeam is exceptional, as they are always working with their clients to make this software the gold standard for Web based PM Software.

Pros

Capable to easily fully customize your data capture requirements.

Cons

It takes thought on how data is shared and owned by the different parties, but once you do understand how the data is structured, the collaboration of secure data between multiple parties for what to show and what to restrict, there is nothing like this out that comes close to what ProjectTeam offers.

Inexpensive Product, Makes Your Life Easier

ProjectTeam saves time, money, and our earth! Truly will make a huge impact on your project for a low cost.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. After only 2 short months, I was able to implement and use this software like a pro. Reporting and sharing information for huge projects just became ten times easier and greener.

Cons

ProjectTeam has not been on the market as long as E-Builder so features are still being developed.

Construction Adminstrator Review

Pros

It is pretty self explanatory and easy to use.

Cons

There are just a few things that would make it more user friendly and efficient.

Projectteam

Software is being used for a specific project. It's an easy software to learn, too many obstacles you go through just to upload information.

Pros

Container where all parties can share information.

Cons

One of the best project management tools in the construction industry.

Pros

Working with volunteer construction workers can be a challenge, but with ProjectTeam I was able to create projects and assign tasks easily.

Cons

I don't have any issues with the current software, but would love to see functionality for business improvement projects in future releases. Thanks!

Keane Construction reveiw

Pros

I liked the overall design and layout of the screen. Also, like anything, the more I spent with it the more intuitive it seemed.

Cons

It would be nice to have direct access to the drawings, but it didn't really affect my experience too much.