MemberLeap Reviews

MemberLeap

Discover Membership Solutions

4.71/5 (49 reviews)

Pros
  • The back end is very user friendly and I love that I am able to customize areas that best fit our demographics.Amy A.Read the full review
  • We have immediate benefits from the first conference being on the website and the reports that we're able to pull up. Customer service is very good and the response time is excellent.Michael L.Read the full review
  • We have been pleased with our transition so far and appreciate all of the tech/support staff working with us as we discover things we didn’t think about before the transition.joyce g.Read the full review
Cons
  • It was driving me crazy and I was wasting a lot of time cutting & pasting, importing & exporting between these platforms.Amanda F.Read the full review
  • Sometime very minor errors lead to big problems. For example, if I don't put "http:/" in front of the website address when I'm creating a form, it will cause an error for users.Michelle C.Read the full review
  • We've not yet encountered any significant negative experiences with the software. As with any new product there are sometimes things you have to work around.Robb C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Dawn Vinson

Attractive front end and excellent support. Spending 25% fewer man-hours in system.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Decreased our website/database cost by 20%, decreased our staff man-hours in the system by 25%. Easy enough to maintain that we were able to bring daily management of website back in-house.

Pros
All the energy is on the front-end to build. Once up and running it is a champ. Custom set-up from beginning. Team meetings were productive. Support for migration was superb. Launch date was met. Response time is always impressive.

Cons
Not for those without some computer/database experience. Migrating from one database to another is never an easy task. That being said - MemberLeap was pretty uneventful from start to finish.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the awesome review Dawn! Your new website looks fabulous, and we are so happy that you have been able to streamline your organization's day-to-day needs by switching to MemberLeap! Fly high!

Amy Ables

Great product & service!

Reviewed 2020-01-19

Excellent! Great support team and extremely responsive on support requests - usually same day response!

Pros

Cons
Billing for non-dues activities is not as intuitive as I would like for it to be.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the review Amy! We were excited to onboard the Austin Association of Facility & Maintenance Engineers. If you would like to schedule a quick overview of our non-dues invoices, please contact our customer service team at service@memberleap.com. Take care.

Kate Tretheway

Memberleap Review

Reviewed 2020-01-09

While the customer support is generally quick, we do feel that unless you push back, their answer tends to be "we can't do that" or " that is a customization, which will be an added cost"

Pros
It seemed straight forward. There was training that came with the program. We do get quick answers when we have a question.

Cons
Everything seems to be an "add on". There is a disconnect between what the sales person tells you the program can do and what it can do. Many of the functions we needed were considered a customization. The reason we chose memberleap was that it seemed cost efficient. But now we are paying as much as the other systems we were looking at cost.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Robb Cummings

User-Friendly and Intuitive Product with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-02-18

The process from the initial sale, product demonstrations for our association, and implementation has been very smooth. The MemberLeap team kept us informed during every step of the process and they've been very responsive to any inquiries we've had.

Pros
MemberLeap's product is very easy to navigate. We moved from a website provider who did everything for us to one where we have much more control and access to make changes. The training sessions were very helpful and the library of other support items (videos, tutorials, text documents, etc.) is extensive.

Cons

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks Robb! We are so glad that you like our software! We have enjoyed onboarding several of the other student financial aid administrators associations too. We look forward to serving all of your membership needs for many years to come.

John Lazzari

Great Service

Reviewed 2020-01-27

The implementation team was patient, kind and very helpful! For our all volunteer based organization, the support and guidance we received for implementing our new website and database was exactly what we needed!

Pros

Cons
NAFAA is not yet sure what we do and don't like, as we just implemented and are going through our first cycle.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hi John! We were excited to onboard so many financial aid administrators associations recently, including yours! Our development team is pretty wonderful! Take care.

Karen Clark

We are VERY happy with Vieth and the MMS system

Reviewed 2012-11-29

We moved from Avectra Netforum/Memberfuse to Vieth. We were very unhappy with the Netforum system and the Avectra support team. Moving from a big name system to Vieth was a bit scary but I have to say the experience so far has been amazing. From the start I could see the major differences. Vieth came up with the design for our site and then built it very qucikly as part of our implementation fee. They took care of everything which was a big difference from Avectra. Once in the system I quickly realized how much easier the MMS system was to use vs. Netforum. I spent months getting Netforum setup to work the way we needed and MMS was about 1 week. Avectra promised a bunch of functionality during the RFP process and then we were surprised to find things not working the way we expected. Vieth was very honest and we got what we expected. A support ticket at Avectra would sit for a few months but at Vieth it is worked on that week. We are very happy with Vieth and highly recommend them.

Pros
-Very easy to use admin console. Once you figure out where everything lives it is easy to get around the system -We have a great deal of flexibility with the system when it comes to customizations. Vieth is great with making changes for the better. If it is outside of the normal system requirements there will be cost associated however with our last system we could not customize anything -Member side is straight forward. Easy to use -It does what they say. Sales team is very open with their product. They don't promise anything outside of the system functionality -Very few bugs. Our last system had new releases often however they usually introduced new bugs to the environment. -The support staff is VERY responsive. I was worried at first as the staff is on the smaller size however they are much quicker to resolve issues then our last "big name" system. I will send in a support email and someone is working on it that day!

Cons
-A couple of the system generated pages could do with an update on their look.Overall very happy with what we have. -Newsletter module is much better then our previous system but could do with updating. I understand this is on their list of things to do. -Some of the system pages do not allow you to add your own text to the page. For example if I want to add a statement to the file manager page I cannot without Vieth adding it for me. It would be nice to have that ability. -They do not have a subscription module which our last system had. They do have the ability to do custom member types and they do have a online store.

Amanda Fuller

This Scientific society loves MemberLeap

Reviewed 2019-06-03

We were using several different kinds of software before MemberLeap- one for surveys, one for the website, one for event registration, another for our communications, and another for our membership database. It was driving me crazy and I was wasting a lot of time cutting & pasting, importing & exporting between these platforms. I am saving several hours a week in the office after streamlining everything into one system, and now I can work on projects that pertain to the mission of my organization instead of spending those hours on busy admin tasks. I did a lot of research and demos of lots of other database software and the sales agents are pushy and annoying. MemberLeap does everything I want, they are straightforward and not pushy, and they have such a great product that they don't even advertise.

Pros
It does EVERYTHING I need and is really user-friendly-- membership, event registration, abstract submission, website management, email & newsletter communications, and more... and whenever I think of something I need that it doesn't do, they can almost always program it within a couple of days. They are totally terrific and I am recommending this software who manages a professional association or scientific society.

Cons
Occasionally I want a report of some kind that I can't figure out how to get-- but I can ask them and they will help me get what I need. They are so helpful I really can't complain.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thank you so much Amanda for the amazing review! We are so glad that MemberLeap offers EVERYTHING you need!

Kirk Tabbey

Creation of new website for Statewide Judicial Association

Reviewed 2019-07-27

The MemberLeap team was professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Only one team member wasn’t as extremely friendly as all the others and lacked some follow up on our questions. We liked that they are a locally based company so we checked out their business operations.

Pros
I could understand the functionality and I only have general technology skills. This package will enable our group of volunteer Judges to vastly increase our communication and get better organized. The calendar, message boards, and mass emails are especially helpful trying to run an organization of volunteers without an executive director.

Cons
There are a few layers to get through to create designs and some areas can be frustrating when you forget how to do something. We are beginning to create some how to videos to assist with this

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the review Judge Tabbey! We are excited that you have found a software platform to meet your organization's needs. We love partnering with local associations too!

Shannon Moad

Great association management web hosting!

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Association management databases can be tricky; MemberLeap helped us customize the site to work with specific needs with different types of membership. They have also helped us figure out a way to merge and sync 3 different databases into one, each maintaining their own integrity.

Pros
We used MemberLeap several years ago to custom build our association sites, and when the time came to add a new site, it was an easy decision. They have a great and attentive staff; their system is very user-friendly; issues and problems are resolved quickly; and any custom updates made are available to all clients.

Cons
The only issue I've had (which MemberLeap staff helped me work through) was in figuring out the grid editor on our template. Other than that, the software is very easy to use.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Shannon, we have enjoyed working with the Oklahoma Restaurant Association, Oklahoma Hotel and Lodging Association, and Oklahoma Travel Industry Association over the years, and we are excited to present your new ORA Expo event website too.

joyce gillie gossom

Professional Association Finds Great Fit in MemberLeap

Reviewed 2019-09-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
6.2.2. We have been pleased with our transition so far and appreciate all of the tech/support staff working with us as we discover things we didn’t think about before the transition. As is often the case, until we started working in and using the system, there were aspects we didn’t know that we needed. The folks at MemberLeap and rep Consulting have been great about either talking us through how to use or find what already existed or helping us figure out what we need to have added. So far, it has been more of a positive experience for us. You don’t always get the positive feedback, usually you only hear about complaints from clients, so NABCA wanted to give you some positives.

Cons
Higher learning curve than anticipated; however, no fault of MemberLeap.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Joyce! Don't forget... we have lots of training videos available, a comprehensive online Help Desk built into your software, and 24/7 customer service to help you when you need it.

Kermit Liebel

Teaching an old dog new tricks

Reviewed 2017-01-30

I am 79 years old and not very computer smart. I am FORBPO's Treasurer and the primary user of the MemberLeap program. This whole project has been a challenging experience for me. The personnel at Vieth Consulting, who were involved with our project, have been very professional and patience with me which was greatly appreciated and gave me confidence to continue to go forward. The billing program has reduced much time and has resulting in a greater and more timely response from our members. The ability for members to review their personal data and make corrections or up date their information has reduced the time that I had to spent doing that task in the past. The Event part of the program was more of a challenge for me in setting up the event and the registration for our annual event. After some trial and error and assistance from Vieth, I was able to develop and put on line our annual convention program and registration. The one thing that the program did not accomplish, which was a disappointment, was the ability to produce a PDF Registration Form. FORBPO's member are mostly elderly. One third of our membership do not use computers. I had to develop a separate PDF registration form using another application program. I have to manually enter the information from the hard copy registration form into the Event program in order to trap all the event information that I need to track. There have been some minor cliches but the more a work with, and the better I understand the program, the more a like it. I have only been working with your/our program for less than 30 days. However, for the most part, it is fulfilling our business needs. I believe the more I work with and understand the program, the more I will learn the full potential of the program.

Pros
It is a big time saver. It is good to have all our information in one integrated database were we had three different systems in the past.

Cons
Can not produce a PDF Registration Form for our annual Convention , for mailing to members who do not have computers. There is such a wide variety of reports it is hard to keep track of what each report does. It would be nice to eliminate reports that I would never use.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hi Kermit! We are so happy that you choose MemberLeap. I am checking with our event programmer to see what it would take to create a PDF of your event registration. We'll be in touch! Take care!

Jennifer Granger de Huerta

Vieth Consulting Employees are Fantastic with MemberLeap!

Reviewed 2016-06-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
MemberLeap gets the job done and is fairly user-friendly. Vieth Consulting is top-notch. They have been the most professional, efficient, and friendly staff to work with and always have our best interest in mind. We are a small nonprofit with unique needs and they have worked well with us to understand those needs. Vieth Consulting staff have been such a pleasure to work with over the past 14 months. Professional, friendly, and efficient with a fast turnaround time on help tickets.

Cons
There are a few things that have come up for our specific needs that could not be adjusted without customization and many times we have had to find a work around BUT every staff person I have dealt with at Vieth Consulting has been fantastic in helping us find those workarounds when needed. When we do need customizations, they always finish them promptly. We are still finding issues as we go, but if there is an easy fix, or if it was something we did incorrectly on our end, Vieth staff help us find the solution.

Michael Liepman

MemberLeap Review

Reviewed 2019-09-11

We have immediate benefits from the first conference being on the website and the reports that we're able to pull up. Customer service is very good and the response time is excellent. The only downside I've seen is that with my prior database, we had just 2 support people who were expert on everything with our old software and with MemberLeap people have specialites.

Pros
We came from another association software that did not have all the features that MemberLeap offers. We were able to have one website connected with our database and that has been great.

Cons
There are certain features that we wanted that we had to have the developer design for us. It took a while but we were happy with the end result.

Response from Vieth Consulting

MemberLeap does have a lot of amazing features.

We're glad that our designer was able to give you exactly what you wanted.

There is a lot of work that goes into managing a large conference, and we're so glad that our software could help you with that.

With so many software features, we provide the best support to our clients by having specialists for them.

karen clark

Great company and product

Reviewed 2018-07-06

Much more organization and efficient solution than what we were using. Amazing website design/implementation.

Pros
The software is easy to use and most functions we need are included. Anything not included is easy to add on for a reasonable fee. They have been very accommodating. Everything is much more efficient. This is the second non-profit I have brought to Member Leap. I liked the company so much and the product offering worked so well that when it came time to I recommended my new employer use MemberLeap.

Cons
Some things could be improved such as the store/merch design. I find it a bit basic. We also ran into some trouble with the donation function not being nearly as robust as we needed. We are a non-profit so that is a major area for us. We were able to come up with a reasonable work around without having to spend money on customization but eventually we will need to beef it up.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thank you Karen! It is always a pleasure working with you!

Amy Wills

The set up was super easy, and the live support from the team at Vieth was really helpful.

Reviewed 2018-04-20

I'm able to spend less time on membership administration and more time on membership development. MemberLeap also gives our members the opportunity to interact with each other, which it so critical for our industry. It checked off so many boxes that we had for our ideal member-management system at a very affordable price.

Pros
It's pretty intuitive, especially from the user end. I was worried about our demographic skewing older, but it's been really smooth for our members. Renewals are SO EASY with this system, which saves me tons of time. I keep discovering new, useful features, and I can tell it was designed by listening to the needs of membership professionals.

Cons
The reporting is pretty awful. I have to run and compare several reports to get the financial information that I need, and there is still more editing I have to do before it's usable. Donations also seem like an afterthought. It's definitely NOT a donor database.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hi Amy! Thanks for submitting a review! We are glad that our software has streamlined your processes and is saving you time. This frees you up to focus on the important stuff - membership development! Member engagement is always crucial for member based organizations, so we're glad we could offer you that too. I will send you an email regarding some possible reporting and donation options to help accommodate your unique detailed needs. Take care!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Clive Woodley

This system works very well and is easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-04-28

The ability to handle the details of all our members, including their payments.

Pros
It is easy and intuitive to use. It has all the functionality I need and more. The support is excellent. They are quick to understand my questions and needs. Anything I have wanted has been speedily resolved.

Cons
Some of the search features could be improved. Sometimes I think I have searched for all the members of a certain type but the search has not been initiated.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Clive! We have truly enjoyed having you as a client for all these years! We are already working on the search feature fix, it should be taken care of today!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Mandy McDonough

Fantastic Customer Service and Great Software

Reviewed 2016-06-27

We have had only positive experiences with Vieth Consulting and the MemberLeap software. The software is very user-friendly, and we have been very pleased with the various customization options available. As our organization is ever-evolving, it is important that we have a software platform that is able to grow with us - MemberLeap delivers, largely due to the outstanding service that Vieth Consulting provides. They are excellent problem-solvers, and are always eager to help ensure the software is meeting our needs at every turn. The software offers a variety of functionalities that have been integral to building our member database and sales leads. I would highly recommend this product.

Shakti Shukla

Finally a solution that works and evolves with us

Reviewed 2019-07-03

Our members are happy, our volunteers don't complain about the back-end, it works from mobile!

Pros
Great functionality, customized for us, changed as we needed. SUPER customer service.

Cons
That it can't read my mind? Just kidding. There are some functions that I wish could be done in batches, not one at a time, such as approving membership applications and enabling/disabling multiple events.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hi Shaki! We love that you and your members are both happy with MemberLeap! We wish our software could read our clients' minds too! LOL

Ann Murray

If You Need Member Software -- This is IT!

Reviewed 2017-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I would encourage anyone to check out MemberLeap. We have had others -- this one is the best!

Pros
Super easy to use for both admin and members. Has everything we need -- directory, renewals, event registration, you name it. Links to our Quickbooks so monthly reconciliation is a breeze. Great value! Highly recommend! We have implemented a couple custom features that are make this software even more valuable for us.

Cons
The pixel sizes for the home page slide show and the logo slide show take getting use to and require some manipulation to get correct. This is an area we are considering having customized to make it easier for us.

Gretchen Jordan

Easy to use - lots of features we need with room to grow!

Reviewed 2016-05-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Customer service has always been very prompt and helpful. There is also a way to view saved help requests we've made in the past and combined with the online database and videos we can usually figure out the answer ourselves. Our website has been able to grow with the features we need and room to expand our member services as well. We appreciate that we have a lot of ways to add pages, documents, features on our own. Our recent redesign went well due to great communication and foresight on the part of Vieth (they knew how to explain technical terms if needed).

Cons
It would be nice to see a small inventory of buttons, graphics, and photos to use.

Deb Mortenson

Five stars across the board for MemberLeap. The customer support rocks.

Reviewed 2017-04-28

MemberLeap streamlined our office procedure and provides a professional interface for our members.

Pros
MemberLeap software is totally user friendly, for both the administrator and our members. The "look" is professional. Training is very thorough. Requests for help are answered promptly.

Cons
My only complaint is that my learning curve is steep! Live training sessions can be overwhelming because there is a lot of ground to cover, but there are online tutorials to help fill in the blanks.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hey Deb! We think you are a five star client! Thanks!

Dulany Hall

MemberLeap Review

Reviewed 2016-11-05

From site architecture planning to graphic design, and from the first contact eight years ago to ongoing service today, my experience with Vieth Consulting's MemberLeap has met or exceeded my expectations and those of SSGA's members.

Pros
Easy to use for both members and administrators, rapid service response, fair value.

Response from Vieth Consulting

We truly appreciate you as a client and look forward to serving your membership needs for many years to come!

Kari Cline

Vieth has been a positive experience for me.

Reviewed 2017-05-01

Pros
I find it user friendly and easy to use. It supports my association with relevant tools without being cumbersome and overly difficult.

Cons
It takes some learning to understand how to use it. But customer service and technical support is always there to help.

Response from Vieth Consulting

It has been a pleasure serving your organization, and we look forward to partnering with you for many more years!

Tiffany Dziurman

Great company to work with; answers questions promptly; easy to follow instructions and prompts.

Reviewed 2017-04-28

Pros
Ease of use; functionality; customer-friendly; customizable; includes needed and necessary functions to provide our members with the information they need.

Cons
Web designs could be a bit more fluid and less static. Still, the design is a customizable template and is easy to use. I would like to see unique design features.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks Tiffany!

Allison Crawford

Great experience switching to MemberLeap

Reviewed 2017-06-02

Pros
It's really easy to use and intuitive, even for people with no experience professionally managing a website or member management software. The project managers and programmers who designed an built the site were very responsive, helpful and patient. The system is half the cost of our former system and looks and works a thousand times better.

Cons
There are a few things we wish it could do without having to pay to custom program a new feature: allow members to cancel their own registration to an event, put a credit on the account of a particular member, and a couple of queries that seem fairly basic. But we've managed to work around all the issues so far. We're also waiting for MemberLeap to update its app so that members can register and pay for events on their phones more easily.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Allison! MemberLeap already offers a feature where your members can cancel their own event registrations. I will ask someone on our Customer Service Team to contact you about this.