MemberLeap Logo

Suggested alternatives

memberclicks
memberzone
starchapter-membership-management-software

The partnership involved in moving our system over to MemberLeap was outstanding. We love the features in our new system and how easy it is to use.
The back end is very user friendly and I love that I am able to customize areas that best fit our demographics.
MemberLeap provides excellent customer support. They respond promptly and effectively.
Sometime very minor errors lead to big problems. For example, if I don't put "http:/" in front of the website address when I'm creating a form, it will cause an error for users.
I have to manually enter the information from the hard copy registration form into the Event program in order to trap all the event information that I need to track.
We've not yet encountered any significant negative experiences with the software. As with any new product there are sometimes things you have to work around.

ST

Susie T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

BEST Customer Service EVER!

Having used MemberLeap for TWO different organizations, I can say with confidence that MemberLeap is an awesome AMS. Our websites are beautiful, easy to navigate for the user and easy to update for administrators. Event registration is easy to set up and nice that it takes payment without sending to another website. Reports are customizable and easy to set up, download, etc. I love Memberleap. Would choose them again!

Pros

When I can't figure something out on my own by reading their HelpDesk articles/watching their instructional videos, I can email the Customer Support team and they will very quickly tell me how to fix my issue and often they just fix it for me and teach me how to do it myself next time. FAST response time with wonderful assistance.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Awe! Thanks Susie! We have enjoyed having you as a client, and we are excited that you brought a second organization to us.

KL

Kermit L.

Law Enforcement, 1,001-5,000 employees

Teaching an old dog new tricks

I am 79 years old and not very computer smart. I am FORBPO's Treasurer and the primary user of the MemberLeap program. This whole project has been a challenging experience for me. The personnel at Vieth Consulting, who were involved with our project, have been very professional and patience with me which was greatly appreciated and gave me confidence to continue to go forward. The billing program...

Pros

It is a big time saver. It is good to have all our information in one integrated database were we had three different systems in the past.

Cons

Can not produce a PDF Registration Form for our annual Convention , for mailing to members who do not have computers. There is such a wide variety of reports it is hard to keep track of what each report does. It would be nice to eliminate reports that I would never use.

Hi Kermit! We are so happy that you choose MemberLeap. I am checking with our event programmer to see what it would take to create a PDF of your event registration. We'll be in touch! Take care!

DB

Diane B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Still working for us 5 years later …

Pros

Memberleap is easy to learn and provides us with the functions we need to handle a nearly 1,000 member association. Support staff are responsive. Prior to Memberleap, our website was hacked. We were using multiple systems and products. Being able to integrate nearly everything into one system was a relief, more effective, and allowed us to be more responsive to our members.

Cons

There are a few things … support documents are not always clear; some show videos feature previous software versions; few communications about new options or updates.

Hi Diane! We have been honored to have you as a client for the past 5 years! All features integrated into one system is truly an efficient way to manage such a large organization. We will be releasing our updated training videos soon. Because our primary focus is on our clients and enhancements are made regularly, it doesn't leaves a lot of time to make the necessary updates, but the functionality is always relevant. We are brainstorming the best way to let our clients know about all of the new enhancements to our system in a timely manner. Please look for more to come on that. We look forward to serving you for the next 5 years and beyond. Take care.

PM

Paula M.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Game Changer

Member Leap allowed us to update our website and add features to improve communications and recordkeeping. We have been able to send out broadcast emails, set up Zoom meetings, have electronic elections, and surveys - which were either tedious or non-existent before. Customer service and support has been amazing. Very responsive and solution orientated. Everyone is extremely professional and cares about our website.

Pros

The platform has been a game changer for our organization. We have been able to offer virtual elections, surveys, and webinars from one place - which would have been tedious previously - and essential since the COVID-19 Pandemic. Centralized Membership Roster and Billing system, Committee Portal, and communication system has helped us be more efficient - and provide a legacy of information for future officers and board members in our all-volunteer organization.

Cons

Creating new web pages can be a little challenging at first - but becomes easier with practice. It is a trial and error type of thing - but when you get the hang of it, the results can be cool. Also, some of the Zoom interface features are still being developed, like event tracking and attendance (but Zoom site provides this information already).

Thanks for the kind words Paula! We have truly enjoyed getting to know your organization. Best of luck to you!

KT

Kirk T.

Judiciary, 51-200 employees

Creation of new website for Statewide Judicial Association

The MemberLeap team was professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Only one team member wasn’t as extremely friendly as all the others and lacked some follow up on our questions. We liked that they are a locally based company so we checked out their business operations.

Pros

I could understand the functionality and I only have general technology skills. This package will enable our group of volunteer Judges to vastly increase our communication and get better organized. The calendar, message boards, and mass emails are especially helpful trying to run an organization of volunteers without an executive director.

Cons

There are a few layers to get through to create designs and some areas can be frustrating when you forget how to do something. We are beginning to create some how to videos to assist with this

Thanks for the review Judge Tabbey! We are excited that you have found a software platform to meet your organization's needs. We love partnering with local associations too!

RM

Roberta M.

Why the American Adoption Congress.org chose Memberleap

In the twenty two years we have been working with Memberleap there has been limited times in which I have sent in a help ticket in which I had to wait more than a day, for the answer to my problem. The people I have worked with including the creator [SENSITIVE CONTENT], have all been so professional. I have had nothing but a superb experience working with all of the programmers that work with Memberleap.

Pros

We chose Memberleap (previously Vieth Consulting) twenty two years ago, because they were the only company available who could give our organization every thing we wanted. We needed a member database which could be deliniated by several categories. We needed to have a website to which we would be able to make changes to and not have everything a 'canned' product.

Cons

At the present time, I cannot think of any cons regarding this software for our organization.

Hi Roberta! Thank you so much for the kind words! We have truly enjoyed having you as a client for the past 22 years and look forward to the next 22 years!

BS

Brad S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Consolidates steps that took several programs

See pros above

Pros

MemberLeap took the place of a website editor, membership database and several spreadsheets. Enabled us to control access to members only features and pricing. Enabled an online membership directory that updates as members join or renew. Support is timely and ability to customize features to meet our needs is appreciated.

Cons

I do not have any significant complaints. More flexibility to format broadcast email message to support features available in MailChimp & Constant Contact would be nice.

Thanks for the review Brad! It is awesome when prospects come to use with multiple systems and we can consolidate them into one efficient system! Are you using our basic broadcast email message module, or have you tried our advanced broadcast features that also creates beautiful newsletters?

SM

Shannon M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great association management web hosting!

Association management databases can be tricky; MemberLeap helped us customize the site to work with specific needs with different types of membership. They have also helped us figure out a way to merge and sync 3 different databases into one, each maintaining their own integrity.

Pros

We used MemberLeap several years ago to custom build our association sites, and when the time came to add a new site, it was an easy decision. They have a great and attentive staff; their system is very user-friendly; issues and problems are resolved quickly; and any custom updates made are available to all clients.

Cons

The only issue I've had (which MemberLeap staff helped me work through) was in figuring out the grid editor on our template. Other than that, the software is very easy to use.

Shannon, we have enjoyed working with the Oklahoma Restaurant Association, Oklahoma Hotel and Lodging Association, and Oklahoma Travel Industry Association over the years, and we are excited to present your new ORA Expo event website too.

CG

Carrie G.

Our review of MemberLeap's product

MemberLeap offers a software program unlike anything we have used before and couldn't be happier. The functionality is amazing and the software is current. We are a non-profit so we also really appreciate its affordability and there are no hidden costs.

Pros

It has all-in-one features that has enabled us to eliminate multiple other programs we were utilizing. The software has a plethora of customization options and any specific functionality we have added has been handled flawlessly by their team pf programmers.

Cons

If I had any suggestions it would be to increase the training sessions when going through the onboarding process. However, with that in mind - the ongoing response times for any inquiries we submit have always been amazingly fast, efficient, and extremely helpful!

Hi Carrie! We are so happy that all of our software features has helped your organization! Our customer support team is always there to assist you, but don't forget about our comprehensive Help Desk built into the Admin Menu, which includes written instructions on our features and embedded videos. We look forward to partnering with your organizations for years to come!

Christine W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Reliable assistance when you need it.

What everyone likes most is being able to get quick and professional assistance with issues and questions. MemberLeap team members have always been outstanding with this and we really appreciate that!

Pros

Provides an administrator with more than enough tools to manage content and configure processing options.

Cons

Just the overall layout, font and style of the Admin pages. It's perfectly fine but as far as the look and feel, it's not to my own personal taste. No biggie.

Thanks for the review Christine! It looks like you haven't taken advantage of some of our latest free enhancements that have an improved layout, look, and feel. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss this further. Take care.

jg

joyce g.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

Professional Association Finds Great Fit in MemberLeap

Pros

6.2.2. We have been pleased with our transition so far and appreciate all of the tech/support staff working with us as we discover things we didn’t think about before the transition. As is often the case, until we started working in and using the system, there were aspects we didn’t know that we needed. The folks at MemberLeap and rep Consulting have been great about either talking us through how to use or find what already existed or helping us figure out what we need to have added. So far, it has been more of a positive experience for us. You don’t always get the positive feedback, usually you only hear about complaints from clients, so NABCA wanted to give you some positives.

Cons

Higher learning curve than anticipated; however, no fault of MemberLeap.

Thanks for the kind words Joyce! Don't forget... we have lots of training videos available, a comprehensive online Help Desk built into your software, and 24/7 customer service to help you when you need it.

kc

karen c.

Great company and product

Much more organization and efficient solution than what we were using. Amazing website design/implementation.

Pros

The software is easy to use and most functions we need are included. Anything not included is easy to add on for a reasonable fee. They have been very accommodating. Everything is much more efficient. This is the second non-profit I have brought to Member Leap. I liked the company so much and the product offering worked so well that when it came time to I recommended my new employer use MemberLeap.

Cons

Some things could be improved such as the store/merch design. I find it a bit basic. We also ran into some trouble with the donation function not being nearly as robust as we needed. We are a non-profit so that is a major area for us. We were able to come up with a reasonable work around without having to spend money on customization but eventually we will need to beef it up.

Thank you Karen! It is always a pleasure working with you!

Clive W.

Defense & Space, 501-1,000 employees

This system works very well and is easy to use.

The ability to handle the details of all our members, including their payments.

Pros

It is easy and intuitive to use. It has all the functionality I need and more. The support is excellent. They are quick to understand my questions and needs. Anything I have wanted has been speedily resolved.

Cons

Some of the search features could be improved. Sometimes I think I have searched for all the members of a certain type but the search has not been initiated.

Thanks for the kind words Clive! We have truly enjoyed having you as a client for all these years! We are already working on the search feature fix, it should be taken care of today!

SA

Shannon A.

Hospitality, self-employed

Very nice!

Our main reason for switching software is because our old company stopped synchronizing with Quickbooks. We were looking for a more seamless software company that could do it all and we were not disappointed with MemberLeap

Pros

I was so used to the bad treatment from my old software company that I almost couldn't believe that MemberLeap was as helpful and courteous as they seemed. Every time I have a problem, they are quick to help. I love their videos that are specially made for me and automatically downloaded on my file archives for future reference.

Cons

Having a little trouble getting my add-ons automatically onto the invoices. MemberLeap is working on the issue though

Hi Shannon! We are so glad that you are happy with our amazing customer service and that we can provide you with a sync for your QuickBooks. MemberLeap has soooo many great features, and we are looking forward to you giving them all a try. Take care.

AM

Ann M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

If You Need Member Software -- This is IT!

I would encourage anyone to check out MemberLeap. We have had others -- this one is the best!

Pros

Super easy to use for both admin and members. Has everything we need -- directory, renewals, event registration, you name it. Links to our Quickbooks so monthly reconciliation is a breeze. Great value! Highly recommend! We have implemented a couple custom features that are make this software even more valuable for us.

Cons

The pixel sizes for the home page slide show and the logo slide show take getting use to and require some manipulation to get correct. This is an area we are considering having customized to make it easier for us.

DM

Deb M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Five stars across the board for MemberLeap. The customer support rocks.

MemberLeap streamlined our office procedure and provides a professional interface for our members.

Pros

MemberLeap software is totally user friendly, for both the administrator and our members. The "look" is professional. Training is very thorough. Requests for help are answered promptly.

Cons

My only complaint is that my learning curve is steep! Live training sessions can be overwhelming because there is a lot of ground to cover, but there are online tutorials to help fill in the blanks.

Hey Deb! We think you are a five star client! Thanks!

KC

Kari C.

Vieth has been a positive experience for me.

Pros

I find it user friendly and easy to use. It supports my association with relevant tools without being cumbersome and overly difficult.

Cons

It takes some learning to understand how to use it. But customer service and technical support is always there to help.

It has been a pleasure serving your organization, and we look forward to partnering with you for many more years!

RK

Ronald K.

Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 employees

Perfect for small and large organizations

Very pleased with Member Leap.

Pros

Customer service is prompt and helpful. Our organization is strictly volunteer retirees so we don't have professional web developers. Member Leap has been quick to solve those non-expert questions we have.

Cons

For a non-expert web person the front title page requires some study and isn't the easiest page to navigate.

Thanks for the review Ronald! You are right - MemberLeap is perfect for small and large organizations and anyone in between. If you weren't part of the original onboarding training, we can get you scheduled for a free new admin training session to review our website content manager, so you can navigate it better.

LC

Lisa C.

GEA Website

We like the ability to do everything we need through the website

Pros

The professional look of the website and all the features we can use within the organization.

Cons

Some features are hard to understand when we're creating or adding information.

Thanks for the review Lisa! Your website looks fabulous! We are continually making enhancements to our software and adding new features, so make sure to check them out. Our customer service team can help you understand how to use our features if you can't find the information in the built-in comprehensive help desk. Please reach out to them at service@memberleap.com. Take care.

LR

Lisa R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great app for consolidation of data and communication for our association.

Consolidation of several other softwares so only have to use one now.

Pros

Consolidated the functions of Filemaker, Constant Contact and Wordpress, making it one stop shopping! The customer service team is fast, friendly and efficient.

Cons

The admin is a little complex and almost has too many functions. They need to streamline the look and font formats to make it more user friendly. The good news is they're updating everyday and take suggestions.

We absolutely love that MemberLeap was able to streamline your process! You have been a joy to work with! Take care!

Christi W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and AMAZING Customer Service!

No complaints, we love using this system and we truly appreciate the staff at Memberleap who respond so quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Very easy to use and learn. Lots of great features that really help us manage membership and training.

Cons

Sometime I do forget how to get back to certain reports we've created.

Thanks for the review Christi! We are so happy that you love our software and are looking forward to serving your membership needs for many years to come! Take care.

SW

Shawn W.

Highly Recommended!

Before working with Vieth, we had member information spread across 6 spreadsheets, and an update in one did not mean that they were all updated. We also had a complicated spreadsheet to track dues, and all reports were basically manually compiled. For the website, we needed to spend a large amount of time and money to make simple updates. Last year we spend 2 weeks of 2 people's staff time preparing...

KF

Kate F.

Viet's Member Leap is a Powerful Tool!

Pros

The Member Leap application makes complex tasks easy and is very flexible. We can do anything we need to do for the club with the tools. Vieth is SO responsive. They respond to questions and request immediately. We never feel like we are left hanging.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The tools are great. Some of the things that were difficult (content management and getting things to line up correctly) were fixed by Viet designing the pages to do it automatically for us.

CR

Ceila R.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

MemberLeap has helped the management of our membership database by providing access for everyone.

Pros

It was very quick for us to move from an Excel spreadsheet to a web-based membership database. Additionally, the access for members has been greatly improved as well as for the volunteers and staff that support members.

Cons

Since this was a pre-set solution, we needed to customize the areas that are managed differently that the original. Now 2 years down the road, the cost to continue this customization has been starting to get excessive. Either having a really good plan with lots of future growth is essential, or be willing to pay for the customization as the organization grows. And of course, document the agreed plan forward for those Board members that don't remember.

MK

Mike K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Membership management

Very quick to return answers to questions. Able to setup conference calls as we needed them.

Pros

All member data is in one place. Eliminated multiple spreadsheets.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. We have only been using the system for about a month.

Hi Mike! Thanks for the review! We look forward to serving your club for many years to come.