MemberLeap Reviews

Pros

The back end is very user friendly and I love that I am able to customize areas that best fit our demographics.

AA

Amy A.

ML

Michael L.

MemberLeap provides excellent customer support. They respond promptly and effectively.

JP

John P.

Cons

Sometime very minor errors lead to big problems. For example, if I don't put "http:/" in front of the website address when I'm creating a form, it will cause an error for users.

MC

Michelle C.

I have to manually enter the information from the hard copy registration form into the Event program in order to trap all the event information that I need to track.

KL

Kermit L.

We've not yet encountered any significant negative experiences with the software. As with any new product there are sometimes things you have to work around.

RC

Robb C.

4.7

How would you rate MemberLeap?

Attractive front end and excellent support. Spending 25% fewer man-hours in system.

Decreased our website/database cost by 20%, decreased our staff man-hours in the system by 25%. Easy enough to maintain that we were able to bring daily management of website back in-house.

Pros

All the energy is on the front-end to build. Once up and running it is a champ. Custom set-up from beginning. Team meetings were productive. Support for migration was superb. Launch date was met. Response time is always impressive.

Cons

Not for those without some computer/database experience. Migrating from one database to another is never an easy task. That being said - MemberLeap was pretty uneventful from start to finish.

Thanks for the awesome review Dawn! Your new website looks fabulous, and we are so happy that you have been able to streamline your organization's day-to-day needs by switching to MemberLeap! Fly high!

MemberLeap software implementation

We converted a GoDaddy website with Wufoo for forms, Excel for membership tracking, and Constant Contact for event tracking. MemberLeap combined all of that into a sleek, easy to manage system that is extremely user-friendly. The implementation process was extremely smooth, and responses to our questions were virtually immediate. The member management system is highly customizable, and therefore...

Pros

All of the modules are fully integrated rather than being third-party sourced, so the functions are faster and data has full integrity. The modules are also available to be turned on as needed if a phased-in approach is required. In addition, there is the ability to set up committees (aka projects) with an autonomous ability to manage internal emails, calendars, message boards and document archives exclusively and confidentially within each committee.

Cons

The administrative functions are fairly basic. Although most of the major admin functions can be assigned to a specific user which is a positive, they can't be defined by role which requires a bit of maintenance as people move around in roles. Also most admin functions are global for the organization, rather than restricted for which person or data fields they can access.

Hi Kristine! We are so excited to have brought you onboard as a client! We are glad you have discovered all of the amazing modules that MemberLeap has to offer! We look forward to seeing your organization grow!

Member Management

My overall experience with MemberLeap is VERY Positive. SInce we signed the contract, the company has been very responsive to our customization requests. We are a unique organization and the MemberLeap system was easily adaptable to our needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use. The implementation was easy. Data conversion was extremely easy as the fields were mapped to our system.

Cons

None. We have been extremely pleased with MemberLeap since 2013.

Thank you, Rolanda!

Memberleap Review

While the customer support is generally quick, we do feel that unless you push back, their answer tends to be "we can't do that" or " that is a customization, which will be an added cost"

Pros

It seemed straight forward. There was training that came with the program. We do get quick answers when we have a question.

Cons

Everything seems to be an "add on". There is a disconnect between what the sales person tells you the program can do and what it can do. Many of the functions we needed were considered a customization. The reason we chose memberleap was that it seemed cost efficient. But now we are paying as much as the other systems we were looking at cost.

Outstanding experience

Pros

Product and integration was relatively easy. Support is outstanding.

Cons

The file library could be a little easier from an admin perspective

Thanks, Lori... it's a pleasure working with you!

Great product & service!

Excellent! Great support team and extremely responsive on support requests - usually same day response!

Pros

Cons

Billing for non-dues activities is not as intuitive as I would like for it to be.

Thanks for the review Amy! We were excited to onboard the Austin Association of Facility & Maintenance Engineers. If you would like to schedule a quick overview of our non-dues invoices, please contact our customer service team at service@memberleap.com. Take care.

We are VERY happy with Vieth and the MMS system

We moved from Avectra Netforum/Memberfuse to Vieth. We were very unhappy with the Netforum system and the Avectra support team. Moving from a big name system to Vieth was a bit scary but I have to say the experience so far has been amazing. From the start I could see the major differences. Vieth came up with the design for our site and then built it very qucikly as part of our implementation fee. They...

Pros

-Very easy to use admin console. Once you figure out where everything lives it is easy to get around the system -We have a great deal of flexibility with the system when it comes to customizations. Vieth is great with making changes for the better. If it is outside of the normal system requirements there will be cost associated however with our last system we could not customize anything -Member...

Cons

-A couple of the system generated pages could do with an update on their look.Overall very happy with what we have. -Newsletter module is much better then our previous system but could do with updating. I understand this is on their list of things to do. -Some of the system pages do not allow you to add your own text to the page. For example if I want to add a statement to the file manager page I cannot without Vieth adding it for me. It would be nice to have that ability. -They do not have a subscription module which our last system had. They do have the ability to do custom member types and they do have a online store.

This Scientific society loves MemberLeap

We were using several different kinds of software before MemberLeap- one for surveys, one for the website, one for event registration, another for our communications, and another for our membership database. It was driving me crazy and I was wasting a lot of time cutting & pasting, importing & exporting between these platforms. I am saving several hours a week in the office after streamlining everything...

Pros

It does EVERYTHING I need and is really user-friendly-- membership, event registration, abstract submission, website management, email & newsletter communications, and more... and whenever I think of something I need that it doesn't do, they can almost always program it within a couple of days. They are totally terrific and I am recommending this software who manages a professional association or scientific society.

Cons

Occasionally I want a report of some kind that I can't figure out how to get-- but I can ask them and they will help me get what I need. They are so helpful I really can't complain.

Thank you so much Amanda for the amazing review! We are so glad that MemberLeap offers EVERYTHING you need!

Teaching an old dog new tricks

I am 79 years old and not very computer smart. I am FORBPO's Treasurer and the primary user of the MemberLeap program. This whole project has been a challenging experience for me. The personnel at Vieth Consulting, who were involved with our project, have been very professional and patience with me which was greatly appreciated and gave me confidence to continue to go forward. The billing program...

Pros

It is a big time saver. It is good to have all our information in one integrated database were we had three different systems in the past.

Cons

Can not produce a PDF Registration Form for our annual Convention , for mailing to members who do not have computers. There is such a wide variety of reports it is hard to keep track of what each report does. It would be nice to eliminate reports that I would never use.

Hi Kermit! We are so happy that you choose MemberLeap. I am checking with our event programmer to see what it would take to create a PDF of your event registration. We'll be in touch! Take care!

Game Changer

Member Leap allowed us to update our website and add features to improve communications and recordkeeping. We have been able to send out broadcast emails, set up Zoom meetings, have electronic elections, and surveys - which were either tedious or non-existent before. Customer service and support has been amazing. Very responsive and solution orientated. Everyone is extremely professional and cares about our website.

Pros

The platform has been a game changer for our organization. We have been able to offer virtual elections, surveys, and webinars from one place - which would have been tedious previously - and essential since the COVID-19 Pandemic. Centralized Membership Roster and Billing system, Committee Portal, and communication system has helped us be more efficient - and provide a legacy of information for future officers and board members in our all-volunteer organization.

Cons

Creating new web pages can be a little challenging at first - but becomes easier with practice. It is a trial and error type of thing - but when you get the hang of it, the results can be cool. Also, some of the Zoom interface features are still being developed, like event tracking and attendance (but Zoom site provides this information already).

Thanks for the kind words Paula! We have truly enjoyed getting to know your organization. Best of luck to you!

Creation of new website for Statewide Judicial Association

The MemberLeap team was professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Only one team member wasn’t as extremely friendly as all the others and lacked some follow up on our questions. We liked that they are a locally based company so we checked out their business operations.

Pros

I could understand the functionality and I only have general technology skills. This package will enable our group of volunteer Judges to vastly increase our communication and get better organized. The calendar, message boards, and mass emails are especially helpful trying to run an organization of volunteers without an executive director.

Cons

There are a few layers to get through to create designs and some areas can be frustrating when you forget how to do something. We are beginning to create some how to videos to assist with this

Thanks for the review Judge Tabbey! We are excited that you have found a software platform to meet your organization's needs. We love partnering with local associations too!

Great association management web hosting!

Association management databases can be tricky; MemberLeap helped us customize the site to work with specific needs with different types of membership. They have also helped us figure out a way to merge and sync 3 different databases into one, each maintaining their own integrity.

Pros

We used MemberLeap several years ago to custom build our association sites, and when the time came to add a new site, it was an easy decision. They have a great and attentive staff; their system is very user-friendly; issues and problems are resolved quickly; and any custom updates made are available to all clients.

Cons

The only issue I've had (which MemberLeap staff helped me work through) was in figuring out the grid editor on our template. Other than that, the software is very easy to use.

Shannon, we have enjoyed working with the Oklahoma Restaurant Association, Oklahoma Hotel and Lodging Association, and Oklahoma Travel Industry Association over the years, and we are excited to present your new ORA Expo event website too.

Vieth Consulting Employees are Fantastic with MemberLeap!

Pros

MemberLeap gets the job done and is fairly user-friendly. Vieth Consulting is top-notch. They have been the most professional, efficient, and friendly staff to work with and always have our best interest in mind. We are a small nonprofit with unique needs and they have worked well with us to understand those needs. Vieth Consulting staff have been such a pleasure to work with over the past 14 months. Professional, friendly, and efficient with a fast turnaround time on help tickets.

Cons

There are a few things that have come up for our specific needs that could not be adjusted without customization and many times we have had to find a work around BUT every staff person I have dealt with at Vieth Consulting has been fantastic in helping us find those workarounds when needed. When we do need customizations, they always finish them promptly. We are still finding issues as we go, but if there is an easy fix, or if it was something we did incorrectly on our end, Vieth staff help us find the solution.

MemberLeap Review

We have immediate benefits from the first conference being on the website and the reports that we're able to pull up. Customer service is very good and the response time is excellent. The only downside I've seen is that with my prior database, we had just 2 support people who were expert on everything with our old software and with MemberLeap people have specialites.

Pros

We came from another association software that did not have all the features that MemberLeap offers. We were able to have one website connected with our database and that has been great.

Cons

There are certain features that we wanted that we had to have the developer design for us. It took a while but we were happy with the end result.

MemberLeap does have a lot of amazing features. We're glad that our designer was able to give you exactly what you wanted. There is a lot of work that goes into managing a large conference, and we're so glad that our software could help you with that. With so many software features, we provide the best support to our clients by having specialists for them.

Professional Association Finds Great Fit in MemberLeap

Pros

6.2.2. We have been pleased with our transition so far and appreciate all of the tech/support staff working with us as we discover things we didn’t think about before the transition. As is often the case, until we started working in and using the system, there were aspects we didn’t know that we needed. The folks at MemberLeap and rep Consulting have been great about either talking us through how to use or find what already existed or helping us figure out what we need to have added. So far, it has been more of a positive experience for us. You don’t always get the positive feedback, usually you only hear about complaints from clients, so NABCA wanted to give you some positives.

Cons

Higher learning curve than anticipated; however, no fault of MemberLeap.

Thanks for the kind words Joyce! Don't forget... we have lots of training videos available, a comprehensive online Help Desk built into your software, and 24/7 customer service to help you when you need it.

Great company and product

Much more organization and efficient solution than what we were using. Amazing website design/implementation.

Pros

The software is easy to use and most functions we need are included. Anything not included is easy to add on for a reasonable fee. They have been very accommodating. Everything is much more efficient. This is the second non-profit I have brought to Member Leap. I liked the company so much and the product offering worked so well that when it came time to I recommended my new employer use MemberLeap.

Cons

Some things could be improved such as the store/merch design. I find it a bit basic. We also ran into some trouble with the donation function not being nearly as robust as we needed. We are a non-profit so that is a major area for us. We were able to come up with a reasonable work around without having to spend money on customization but eventually we will need to beef it up.

Thank you Karen! It is always a pleasure working with you!

The set up was super easy, and the live support from the team at Vieth was really helpful.

I'm able to spend less time on membership administration and more time on membership development. MemberLeap also gives our members the opportunity to interact with each other, which it so critical for our industry. It checked off so many boxes that we had for our ideal member-management system at a very affordable price.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive, especially from the user end. I was worried about our demographic skewing older, but it's been really smooth for our members. Renewals are SO EASY with this system, which saves me tons of time. I keep discovering new, useful features, and I can tell it was designed by listening to the needs of membership professionals.

Cons

The reporting is pretty awful. I have to run and compare several reports to get the financial information that I need, and there is still more editing I have to do before it's usable. Donations also seem like an afterthought. It's definitely NOT a donor database.

Hi Amy! Thanks for submitting a review! We are glad that our software has streamlined your processes and is saving you time. This frees you up to focus on the important stuff - membership development! Member engagement is always crucial for member based organizations, so we're glad we could offer you that too. I will send you an email regarding some possible reporting and donation options to help accommodate your unique detailed needs. Take care!

This system works very well and is easy to use.

The ability to handle the details of all our members, including their payments.

Pros

It is easy and intuitive to use. It has all the functionality I need and more. The support is excellent. They are quick to understand my questions and needs. Anything I have wanted has been speedily resolved.

Cons

Some of the search features could be improved. Sometimes I think I have searched for all the members of a certain type but the search has not been initiated.

Thanks for the kind words Clive! We have truly enjoyed having you as a client for all these years! We are already working on the search feature fix, it should be taken care of today!

Fantastic Customer Service and Great Software

We have had only positive experiences with Vieth Consulting and the MemberLeap software. The software is very user-friendly, and we have been very pleased with the various customization options available. As our organization is ever-evolving, it is important that we have a software platform that is able to grow with us - MemberLeap delivers, largely due to the outstanding service that Vieth Consulting provides. They are excellent problem-solvers, and are always eager to help ensure the software is meeting our needs at every turn. The software offers a variety of functionalities that have been integral to building our member database and sales leads. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons

Finally a solution that works and evolves with us

Our members are happy, our volunteers don't complain about the back-end, it works from mobile!

Pros

Great functionality, customized for us, changed as we needed. SUPER customer service.

Cons

That it can't read my mind? Just kidding. There are some functions that I wish could be done in batches, not one at a time, such as approving membership applications and enabling/disabling multiple events.

Hi Shaki! We love that you and your members are both happy with MemberLeap! We wish our software could read our clients' minds too! LOL

If You Need Member Software -- This is IT!

I would encourage anyone to check out MemberLeap. We have had others -- this one is the best!

Pros

Super easy to use for both admin and members. Has everything we need -- directory, renewals, event registration, you name it. Links to our Quickbooks so monthly reconciliation is a breeze. Great value! Highly recommend! We have implemented a couple custom features that are make this software even more valuable for us.

Cons

The pixel sizes for the home page slide show and the logo slide show take getting use to and require some manipulation to get correct. This is an area we are considering having customized to make it easier for us.

User-Friendly and Intuitive Product with Excellent Customer Service

The process from the initial sale, product demonstrations for our association, and implementation has been very smooth. The MemberLeap team kept us informed during every step of the process and they've been very responsive to any inquiries we've had.

Pros

MemberLeap's product is very easy to navigate. We moved from a website provider who did everything for us to one where we have much more control and access to make changes. The training sessions were very helpful and the library of other support items (videos, tutorials, text documents, etc.) is extensive.

Cons

Thanks Robb! We are so glad that you like our software! We have enjoyed onboarding several of the other student financial aid administrators associations too. We look forward to serving all of your membership needs for many years to come.

Easy to use - lots of features we need with room to grow!

Pros

Customer service has always been very prompt and helpful. There is also a way to view saved help requests we've made in the past and combined with the online database and videos we can usually figure out the answer ourselves. Our website has been able to grow with the features we need and room to expand our member services as well. We appreciate that we have a lot of ways to add pages, documents, features on our own. Our recent redesign went well due to great communication and foresight on the part of Vieth (they knew how to explain technical terms if needed).

Cons

It would be nice to see a small inventory of buttons, graphics, and photos to use.

Five stars across the board for MemberLeap. The customer support rocks.

MemberLeap streamlined our office procedure and provides a professional interface for our members.

Pros

MemberLeap software is totally user friendly, for both the administrator and our members. The "look" is professional. Training is very thorough. Requests for help are answered promptly.

Cons

My only complaint is that my learning curve is steep! Live training sessions can be overwhelming because there is a lot of ground to cover, but there are online tutorials to help fill in the blanks.

Hey Deb! We think you are a five star client! Thanks!

MemberLeap Review

From site architecture planning to graphic design, and from the first contact eight years ago to ongoing service today, my experience with Vieth Consulting's MemberLeap has met or exceeded my expectations and those of SSGA's members.

Pros

Easy to use for both members and administrators, rapid service response, fair value.

Cons

We truly appreciate you as a client and look forward to serving your membership needs for many years to come!