Malcolm! Reviews

4.9

How would you rate Malcolm!?

SB

Stephanie B.

Malcolm is absolutely great, it's way batter than what the competition is doing out there. They provide excellent support, an excellent UI and it just works.

Cons

It's a bit overbearing at times, and can be confusing to navigate.

We were using an open source alternative but it was buggy and really confusing.

jm

jay m.

Antony C.

Malcolm! Saved us Time and Money

It has been really easy to join the service and to configure our workflow instances. There are so many parts to the software it's hard to describe succinctly, but that also means it's very powerful out of the box. I think the admin system looks really good and does a great job of showing you relevant information, stats and ways to enhance the basic configurations. Simply put, it did what I needed it to do without reading any documentation, for a reasonable price, and it all took far less time than I expected. It just works!

Pros

It's incredibly quick to produce complex forms and have the data pushed to our other integrations. This sort of thing would normally take days or weeks, and Malcolm! did it in an hour. The admin interface is really well designed, easy to use and looks great.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints. The only thing to bear in mind is that there are an awful lot of options when it comes to configuring workflows, and you need to take your time to familiarise yourself with everything.

A Modern Helpdesk Solution with Workflows

Malcolm has been a pleasure to use and implement.

Pros

Great UI and design, intuitive workflow based features, and stellar enterprise-level capabilities.

Cons

Integrations are a bit lacking and haven't really seen man updates (publically).

Great software solution

Easy and enjoyable.

Pros

Malcolm! is a simple and easy software solution for our needs - a client-only portal containing the 'how-to' for activating across our various spaces. The layout and architecture makes navigating the information easy.

Cons

Tricky to alphabetically order content, but doable!

Love This tool!

Easy to use!

Pros

I love that I can segment faq’s and create widgets and embeds.

Cons

The full page ember doesn’t provide much flexibility.

Incredibly useful and efficient

As you can imagine with the rating I gave to Malcom. I am very happy to have discovered this tool. I first had views on the BetterDoc software, then when I discovered Malcom and its design, I was immediately won over. To be honest, I love the design and colors pre-selected in the presentation FAQ so much that I really can't wait to finish creating my FAQs to test them myself and also find out what...

Pros

Malcom! allowed me to create my own FAQ page in minutes. This tool is very ergonomic, it's very simple to add a logo and the icons of our choice, in other words, our Malcom page is fully customizable. The team behind Malcom is very friendly and efficient, I didn't wait long before having my questions answered. With Malcom, what I like above all is that it's possible to have indicators concerning the effectiveness of our FAQs and to modify them accordingly. In addition, the tool doesn't stop evolving so I am impatient to see how it will evolve, I also have several suggestions for improvement!

Cons

I don't have much to reproach to Malcom! except the color selection tool which is, for my taste, not very practical, even if it remains simple to use nevertheless.

A fantastic tool for organising your FAQs and Help Centre Articles with bonus Forms (Workflows)

The owners and support are extremely responsive to support requests and open to ideas for their roadmap. I like this in a software partner as you can sense that they care about the user experience of their clients and are open to their suggestions to make the software richer.

Pros

I love the clean UI/UX for administrators. There has been a lot of thought put into the design of the admin portal. I use Malcolm! principally for the FAQ page and we are extremely happy with it. They have a very nice website widget that slides out when the visitor has a question. There are strong editing and publishing tools. As well as a lot of nice extras (invisible tags to promote certain FAQs for keywords you don't want to show; version control of answers; set publish date in advance etc.). The ability to brand the platform to our requirements is very good overall but there are some small areas for improvement.

Cons

Some features I would like to see: * Better linkages between the FAQ tool and the Workflow tool. For example I cannot embed a Malcolm! form on an FAQ page, that should be available. * The FAQ page could have more template options to make it look more attractive and easier to navigate for the visitor (e.g. take inspiration from Intercom, Help Scout etc.) for other layouts. * Please call Workflows...

WOW

Pros

Malcolm is an incredibly quick, easy and intuitive way to create a knowledgebase for a company of any kind. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Literally love everything about Malcolm, not sure I can list anything that I don't like.

One Stop Support Shop

If webhooks passed the actual form information, it would be a nearly perfect solution.

Pros

For the creation of a support portal apart from any other support solution, it provides great mechanisms for creating support FAQs, customer service forms and workflows and customer knowledge bases; malcolm is as easy to use as creating a blog posting. And you can embed FAQs as popups on your site, creating a much better interactive experience for your customers.

Cons

Web hooks integrations are really severely lacking, passing only that it completed a form and no other information. As it is you get an email notification that a form completed, and the associated data (not too useful); or you use the notification to download a CSV directly from the site. It seems to me to be far more useful to provide the data in the webhook, then *I* can write it to a CSV, eliminating Malcolm! from having to write a crap ton of integrations.

Hello - just to let you know you can now get full data via Webhooks :-) More info here: https://support.malcolm.support/faqs/webhooks

Simple self-service tool that works well

I've been really pleased with how [ SENSITIVE CONTENT] has helped us push information to our customers for self-service and track the use and effectiveness of different pieces of content.

Pros

The software is intuitive as well as easy to learn and use. The features and functions are useful and the product is supported well with regular updates and improvements.

Cons

The search tagging is fairly limited and I find myself creating long lists of tags to try to make sure that different terms are catered for.

Great solution to help create clear and workable pathways

Pros

Simple to use and integrations were perfect

Cons

Nothing really - as all software it took a little time to understand how it works but it didn’t take long

Malcolm is a user intuitive and powerful platform

I have a really positive experience of Malcolm, it makes building out workflows incredibly easy, literally anyone could do it, and the helpful tips of the system make it easy to understand. It feels like it’s been user tested and tweaked as appropriate.

Pros

Malcolm is a great tool packed with useful features. Some of our favourite features: - The ability to manage feedback through Malcolm for our clients across multiple sources and have it all in one place - Real-time analytics quickly and clearly shows the value of using Malcolm as a platform to service the needs of your brand - Setup speed. With Malcolm, you can setup just about all features quickly...

Cons

It’s all great, I don’t have any negative feedback per say. But, feature request...! I’d love to have more features around general content publishing. The system is incredibly easy to use, it would be even more powerful if you could add in general content/article pages and have real-time analytics associated with them, making it easy to see the journey of users against goals set by us.

Easy to use for quick builds for forms

We needed to put up assessment forms for our employees - giving us greater access to appraisals etc. We were using an open source alternative but it was buggy and really confusing. Our full management team could understand how Malcolm would work - so it was an easy 'sell' to our team. We're still building with it now - adding in other things like the FAQs. It's been about 6 months and I don't see us switching.

Pros

It's easy and quick to build forms with. We also used it for FAQs and that was a lot faster than building from scratch. The whole process made sense - v logical. It also integrates with other software/services we use (e.g. jira, zendesk, slack) so that was a plus.

Cons

It took me a minute to get my mind around it but that's the case with most things. As I came to understand it, it was quick and logically put together.

Fantastic customer help centre and digital knowledge base

Malcolm! is very easy to use and implement. It's so clever and a great off-the-shelf solution for FAQs and Customer Support Centre. It's also very affordable for SMEs and scale-up businesses like ours. We wanted a solution that would empower our customers to self serve as well as free up time for our Client Support team to focus on more complex customer queries and the tool has done just that! The tech is first class, the UX is excellent and the team at Malcolm! is very knowledgeable and always happy to offer support and advice.

Pros

Very easy to use. It takes no time to implement and as a client you get five-star customer support.

Cons

We've been using the tool for just over 6 months and honestly haven't had any major issues with the product.

Incredible value for money and very powerful

Malcolm! has let us build a new online proposition and attract and service those new customers.

Pros

Within a few hours we were able to create a whole new business proposition - this would usually have taken us months and cost us a lot of money in external web development but we were able to do everything we wanted within Malcolm!

Cons

There is quite a bit to take in at first but once you get the hang of it all is great. Support team are very helpful.

Malcolm Helps us Do Better

Pros

Malcolm's easy to use interface and setup guidance makes it easy for us to implement knowledge panels and workflows than doing it on our own.

Cons

It's a bit overbearing at times, and can be confusing to navigate.

Excellent Tool!

My experience is great. And the support is very responsive.

Pros

Malcolm is easy to use, very beautiful and powerful.

Cons

The FAQ edition could withstand more elements...

Very powerful for its Specific task.

Great.!!

Pros

Design is attractive (Specially if like to play with the colours of our choice). Customisation (Enough for me and I like it). SUPPORT team (very responsive). Many possible use cases - Malcolm can have different type of uses and if you are creative, you can do wonders with it. It comes as your assistance in information and support department. But I'm using it as a full fledged Questions and Answer Knowledge. Plus their suggest Algorithm helps best to achieve. Last but not to forget, you can they have inbuilt elements (like featured boxes) to help you promote your products of services right in knowledge base.

Cons

I didn't find any. Prices for higher plans can be a Con. My Suggestion, they can increase the FAQ and Workflows limit in their lower plans. This will make Malcolm a charm. 🌟

Excellent out of the box FAQ solution, highly cost effective

A genuinely great customer experience - the team at Malcolm have been highly accommodating of our requests and have been very responsive in addressing any queries.

Pros

Easy implementation, highly cost effective, great customer support, SEO features out of the box

Cons

The out of the box reports are a bit lite however they do what we need them to do and there is a GA integration included. They are constantly updating the feature set (I've seen a number of new features in the short time we have been a customer) so I'm sure we'll see more reports in the UI before long.

Perfect to create an extensive FAQs section and much more.

Pros

I wanted to create an extensive FAQs section for my clients about what to expect while travelling to Uttarakhand. Malcolm was picked up by me and I am very happy with the overall performance, easy of use and extensive Set of features of the APP.

Cons

Setting up FAQs can be intimidating at first. The on boarding process can be made easier. Also Setting up your theme for your instance is also chunky in my opinion.

Easy to set up with beautiful results

Malcolm! offers a centralised, easy to use, amazing looking platform for FAQs and workflows. Beautiful UI/UX. The team has a strong vision and has a clear idea of where they'd like to go with their product.

Pros

Malcolm! helps non-tech people like me produce beautiful sites with ease. It takes a little bit of time to set up and the result is professional with my brand colours. It brings me excitement whenever I press preview/publish. Cons: - Excellent and responsive support. Very patient with my long emails and took the time to respond to every question. - Conversational type forms - Custom domains - Webhooks - Progress bars - Email responses - Password protection +much more

Cons

I love that I can change the language on the user end. Wish each instance could show different languages with a switch of a button by the user or automatically change languages based on user's location. It would allow FAQ or workflows to be shared easily. Would also be good if the Malcolm! could send out information about its new features and updates so we know they're out.

Customer contact management made easy

Pros

We use the floating widget on our www.outernetglobal.com website to capture visitor details then automatically integrate them into Mailchimp for marketing. Working with their helpful customer services we can see plenty of future use-cases.

Cons

Nothing so far - we are barely scratching the surface

Good for an answer base

Pros

It's clean looking and has some customising options available. Can be installed as a subdomain on the website to have a dedicated customer support area instead of building out an area

Cons

Some settings are quite basic but it makes it stable and easy to use

An excellent product backed by an even better team

This is the easiest, fastest and most cost-effective way to master customer interaction for a start-up or scale-up business. We recommend it to all our clients as an essential way to build trust and relationships with their customers.

Pros

- Ease of use both from customer and end user side - Ease of integration into other platforms and products - Well designed UX makes creating work flow simple - Knowledge, expertise and support of the team - Very reasonable price considering the capabilities of the product

Cons

- Not enough real world case studies yet (as the product is still young)

Excellent knowledge management tool

We have used Malcolm! to create a community website that provides key information to residents and businesses. It allows users to access knowledge in an intuitive and straightforward way, facilitating self service. The finished site looks great.

Pros

Extremely simple and functional content interface makes entering and managing content quick and straightforward. Search function is very effective so that users can access the most relevant information quickly. Building forms is quick and effective. It is also very easy to integrate with other web software.

Cons

I haven't found any issues yet with in using the software.

Great knowledge management portal

Pros

It is pretty intuitive and I can make it look professional.

Cons

it is not entirely straightforward to link to a blog but with the help of the Malcolm support team we have now done this.