Almabase Reviews

Kyle B.

We love the product and the Almabase team has been there every step of the way to help us get the most from the product. I would definitely recommend this software to other schools.

Lisa J.

The ease of the setup and the ease of signing up to use the platform. We have received positive feedback from our constituents on how easy it was to sign up for the network.

Josh A.

Cons

Most alumni lose touch with their institute after a few years due to lack of platform where all the updates about college can be viewed.

yagnasri a.

Sometimes I can forget how to do things, but that's more of a personal issue.

Theodore C.

This software does not "talk to" Senior Systems, so it does make it difficult when information is updated on one platform.

Aslynn B.

4.7

Great features, easy to use, fair price

The alumni community platform provided by Almabase is helping us connect with alumni who have fallen off our radar. The system facilitates the communication of alumni with one another and encourages alumni to invite their classmates to join the system. Our alumni are able to update their information on the community profile page and then Almabase integrates with our CRM (Raiser's Edge NXT) to update our local alumni records. It has been a wonderful partnership so far and I look forward to seeing where the next several years leads us as we continue to develop this partnership.

Pros

Almabase is a very intuitive platform for alumni community management. The system is easy to use no matter whether you are an end-user or a platform administrator. Creating content pages, events, campaigns, and job postings is a snap as the system leads you through providing the details you need to complete each task. As a former webmaster, I appreciate the ability to go into the code view for content pages so that I can manipulate pages to display according to my personal preferences.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Being pickey, I can say that the back-end of the platform does not always work the way I would want it to work. However, that is based on my own personal preferences for how I use the system and is not based on how the system was designed to function. For example, If I upload a spreadsheet of names and email addresses so that I can send out email communication to...

Almabase Alumni Software has transformed the way we interact with alumni

Overall just love it, we looked at other companies including Graduway, Almaconnect, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Mentor City, Alumni Channel, 360 Alumni and just so much more but we found Almabase to be the best option for the price, service, and functionality. As a small size school, we wanted an alumni network but knew that it wasn't going to have 10,000 alumni so they were able to work with us to find a pricepoint that was right for us.

Pros

I love this software because it has many great features such as a giving platform which lets you organize campaigns for donations, an alumni map so you can see how big your alumni community has grown, the alumni database/directory which is so helpful for me to write notes/keep track of job placement/address information---it also syncs with Linkedin so when alumni get new jobs i don't have to manually add it. The customer service team is so helpful, they are available by email, chat, or phone and answer my questions almost immediately or within the day. There's also a job board for us to add jobs or alumni can add it too. There's also an email system so that's helpful. They even built me a student directory so students can have a profile too which we can transition into alumni accounts.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. We've been really happy with it.

Would recommend!

I am very pleased so far, it has been well received by our Alumni community.

Pros

I have enjoyed using the events module, mentorship and job opportunities features.

Cons

Some of the modules were complicated to develop, the ease of use was harder than expected.

Used to set up an alumni database for our existing and lost alumni

It was a useful tool in having all of your alumni information in one area and offered options that we ended up not using.

Pros

The support staff was very helpful in the setup and in addressing any issues that we had. The overall building of the "base" was fairly easy.

Cons

It didn't stand out enough as unique or needed to continue the yearly contract. We ended up using our new web platform to incorporate a signup form and keep alumni up to date.

Necessary tool for our small alumni association; especially during COVID-19 era.

Pros

Almabase has been a necessary addition to our alumni association as we seek increased engagement, especially during the COVID-19 era. The ability to bring alumni together on a platform has been ideal and allows for an "exclusive" benefit for our membership. The team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a great help customizing the site to our needs. Our team is small and volunteer, and as someone who is tech-challenged, I was still able to "create" the site with their continued help. The giving pages, recurring donation option, event management and map are some of my favorite features that add tremendous value. Overall we look forward to using this platform as our one-stop-shop for alum and supporters of our Academy.

Cons

-The salesforece integration is not an integration at all. It only communicates basic details, like name and contact info. This was not communicated clearly during our initial conversation regarding our needs. However, the team is in the process of expanding that integration. I'll give a follow-up review once that's completed. - The mobile view is less than desirable, and an app would make this platform...

Almabase provides excellent value for our alumni

Almabase is at the center of our alumni strategy. The goal is to provide alumni with a high-quality, tangible benefit to grow their affinity for our school and inspire volunteering, fundraising and more. The Almabase team is great to work with — not only addressing questions and issues quickly, but being a partner in devising our strategies.

Pros

Product itself is super easy to use and the customer service is top-notch. Map feature is impressive and we have received great feedback from our alumni since launching recently. Almabase allows us to provide our alumni with a high-quality experience — keep them in touch, but also giving them networking/career opportunities they desire. The email functionality inside Almabase is so much better than other products like Constant Contact. We can easily segment and send communications by graduating class, location and more. The Engagement Snapshot is also a very useful tool — we can easily see how engaged our alumni are.

Cons

No complaints so far! We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Almabase team so far.

Great for Re-Engaging Alumni

Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pros

This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Cons

The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

Great do-it-all product

For a small shop like ours, a product that could do it all for online alumni engagement and giving and at an affordable price was critical and Almabase provided that. The customer service team has been helpful and the organization seems well run and communicative between the sales team, client success managers, and engineers/product team.

Pros

Out team appreciates the diversity of the features of Almabase - it includes alumni communities, alumni database, a mentoring platform, giving platform, event management, and much more. Many other products just did one or two of these well, but almabase has it all.

Cons

Since we are trying to get the product to work for us in multiple ways and Almabase seems to be adding features frequently, there have been some growing pains with the product such as outages or bugs, but these have been minimal and the benefits outweigh the costs.

This product makes my job easy!

Overall, I enjoy this platform. It allows us the opportunity to engage alumni inside of the area and in states and regions outside of the DC Metro area. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a guru when it comes to customer service and he makes everyone's day a bit easier when he's involved.

Pros

I really enjoy the communities feature on the platform and the fact that it is customizable to the needs of the client. We opt for a lot of mentorship and this platform makes that easy.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the feature. Sometimes I can forget how to do things, but that's more of a personal issue

Almabase is a powerful platform that helps elevate your alumni relations program!

We were in need of an online directory and Almabase has provided that and so much more. The current rollout of our alumni business directory is something that will add even more value for our alumni base. Also, the ability for our group contact lists to be updated in real time has been so important when communicating to our segmented alumni groups and not needing to create new contact lists.

Pros

From the very beginning, Almabase and their team have been very supportive and focused on the success of our alumni program. The setup and rollout was quick and seamless and the various tweaks and adjustments that we have requested over the years have been met with openness and a "can do" attitude. The Almabase platform has made my job so much easier whether it's managing events or sending out segmented communications to a wide range of alumni groups. Keep up the great work Almabase!

Cons

Very little to complain about. Customization of the actual platform is somewhat limited but when I have reached out and requested certain changes, the Almabase team has been very accommodating and met my requests.

Easy to use networking tool for those with little to no programming experience

Pros

- The platform was up and running quickly. - The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software. - They often roll out new features and upgrades. - It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content. - The software is affordable. - Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.

Cons

- Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly. - Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences. - I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's...

Fantastic Experience working with Almabase!

Pros

The functionality and user interface really brought Almabase to our attention. Since joining them we've been able to expand our annual appeals, alumni engagement, expand our parent auxiliary groups, but most importantly it has streamlined our communications and given us the ability to continue providing value to our alumni.

Cons

There are many incredible features included in the Almabase software, but one thing that could be improved is the customization of the community admin rights. Having a large class rep program at the school it is vital that our reps can communicate effectively with their classmates. Right now giving someone community admin rights gives them full rights to the communication center. It would be great to be able to limit this to just the person's class and a specific list of email templates. This would help both the site admin and the community admin.

The Almabase platform and its team are amazing!

Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.

Pros

With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge. The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides...

Thanks a lot, Jessica.

Outstanding! Most responsive customer service and support for any product we've ever used!

Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.

Pros

I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.

Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!

Pros

When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more! Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons

There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

Almabase Really Helped Our Alumni Association

Could not be happier. TO the overall look and ease of the site to the care that the staff offers... there is no better fit for us.

Pros

Almabase is extremely user friendly and easy to manage from a backend perspective. A lot of the site is customizable and the customer support team is always there to work with you through any issues you have. It is also extremely easy to integrate to our database at the school, which was super valuable.

Cons

There's honestly and truly nothin that I dislike. The team at Almabase is always on working on new ways to improve their site, and will even take suggestions when you'd like to see something happen.

Well thought through platform to enhance alumni relations

_Ongoing support_ Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They...

Pros

- End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features - Sign-on experience is elegant and simple - Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong) - Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate - Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts - Career Center - easy to use and maintain

Cons

- Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user

Easy to use platform both school Admins and alum users

Our overall experience with AlmaBase is very favorable and positive. They have been a welcomed addition and partner to our school.

Pros

As a member of the Advancement team capturing correct data is critical and it is something I feel the site does really well. It then transitions pretty seamlessly into our primary database. A special word of thanks to our Almabase Service rep Krishna Kant. He is terrific and so easy to work with. He makes himself available frequently, and if for some reason is unavailable, always lines up additional support staff for us.

Cons

Not many complaints at all. The prebuilt fields may not be appropriate but I feel they are easily amended. I feel the product is easy to work with and when adjustments to filters need to be made it is easily managed and executed.

A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater

IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon. The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date. This is a...

Cons

Great Team, Great Service!

Pros

The platform is easy to use and customizable for our needs. We use the platform extensively for creating events, fundraising pages, creating alumni directory and posting news and updates for alumni. Almabase team provides great service and is always available to answer our queries and helps us navigate through the best options for solving our requirements.

Cons

We have most of the features we look for in an alumni engagement platform. A mobile app would have been a nice addition so members have easy access on their phones.

Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use.

Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data. The site itself has a very...

Cons

There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

Best value for money alumni platform out there!

This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money. Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pros

-It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service. -Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments. -The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost. -The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

-Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on. -Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

ONE STOP SHOP!!!

Pros

The ability to house almost our entire alumni program on one platform has been the most impactful part of using this software. Prior to subscribing to the Almabase services, we had spreadsheets and documents across numerous sites. Now, we have our directory, events, and communication centralized in one place. This has been a game-changer for our program.

Cons

The great thing about any issues we have had is that they are resolved almost immediately. The customer service has been exceptional and the Almabase staff takes the time to reach out to provide best practices and other ideas that similar schools are implementing throughout the year. We appreciate our ongoing relationship with Almabase to positively impact and bring together our alumni.

Amazing Product & Company!

Easy. The people that I have spoken with at Almabase are easy to talk to and very understanding.

Pros

Almabase has made a very simple and great looking product. The company will go out of their way to help me understand what it is that I need to know to set up a page, event page, or a fundraising campaign. When I contact Almabase, I usually receive a response within an hour of reaching out to them. They even sent a representative to our school to demonstrate to our alumni how easy it is to use their product.

Cons

There really is nothing I can say negative about the product or the company.

Almabase Support is Key

Almabase's team, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular, have been great to work with!

Pros

The support team was my favorite part of Almabase. Whenever I had a question, whether conceptual or technical, their team would reply quickly, send support resources, and were very willing to set up time to meet virtually, to review processes. It made me feel less alone in the administration process.

Cons

My least favorite part of the software was more that it was not the right fit ultimately for my organization's alumni needs. It seems like it would be a good solution for those with a more traditional alumni base (i.e. those looking for a place for alumni to post content and fundraise).