BigTime Logo

We move your business forward.

BigTime Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.81/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

The overall experience is superb and it helps businesses to track the project with its progress report and budget management tool is one of the best.
Big Time Customer Service is always great to work with. Everyone I have worked with has always been very polite, professional, and quick to resolve issues.
We love that we can set up and assign projects and have it integrated with our consultants calendars. We love the timekeeping piece and reporting.
It stopped syncing with QuickBooks without lots of re-booting of computers and time wasted. Customer service was seriously lacking when we stopped using it.
There are a couple of features that are missing pertaining specifically to my company.
Migration is always a headache no matter what system you are moving too.

JH

Jen H.

President

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Big time is worth a try

Transcript

Jen H.: I'm Jen. I'm the president of the Civil Engineering Firm. I would give BigTime five stars out...

Charles J W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Excellent PSA tool, offers good return on investment.

BigTime spares our admin and bookkeeping division a part of time, we already recorded time in Quickbooks, which was all entered by hand. With BigTime, representatives log their time, and with many buttons, we are able send all the information from our employees' timesheets to Quickbooks for finance. We collaborate with other firms on our contracts, we utilize this as a asset and monetary venture administration...

Pros

The ability to sync with Quickbooks is a significant selling factor for our firm; it has proved quite useful in checking data. We can also use the sync capability to create projects in Bigtime that are not yet in the billing stage and maintain them there until the project is awarded to us. The program that we now use for all-time tracking and billing is highly straightforward for both workers and contractors to use, as well as incredibly adaptable and versatile. Your support crew is wonderful; they are incredibly attentive and comprehensive, and they respond quickly to my inquiries; they have been a huge help to me in my varied support requirements.

Cons

The one big issue we've had is that our Quickbooks sync doesn't always function properly, but it's difficult to identify whether this is a BigTime or a Quickbooks issue.

JS

John S.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Onboarding

Pros

The onboarding process and support has been seamless so far and we expect to be fully converted in 60 days total.

Cons

Always room for improvement, but we haven't had any with BigTime yet. We need to sort out some details in our Quickbooks Desktop projects to align when integrating.

MD

Michael D.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

No implementation support

Not happy. We have asked for a full refund.

Pros

App is a nice feature for mobile time entry. Updated interface is better than older software.

Cons

This company was heavy on the sales side with relentless calls but has been completely ghosting us on implementation support. After numerous calls and support tickets, they have only directed me to online videos. All we want is to spend an hour with a support agent to ensure the correct setup to avoid lost worktime.

SK

Shane K.

Project Management Software +

Overall, we have had a very positive experience working with the BigTime team, and the software itself. All of our questions and concerns have been addressed as quickly as they arose.

Pros

BigTime is incredibly inexpensive and easy to get into compared to competing software. If you have a dedicated team, you could be implemented in as little as a month. The customer support has also been superb. I have really enjoyed working with the sales and implementation mangers. We decided on BigTime because we needed a Project Management software, and ended up with a slew of other features that has allowed us to cut out some other software subscriptions such as time tracking software.

Cons

The only thing I can say we really dislike about BigTime is not having a "clock-in, clock-out" function. Meaning the software does not record the time of day you start and end. Overall, the time tracking portion does not seem as detailed as Tsheets, our previous time tracking software.

KN

Ken N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Connect with humans who understand the product and its purpose

Fast and effective

Pros

It performs a significant amount of the project management and time tracking tasks that we need. Support is always a quick chat away.

Cons

I wish we could see our billing rate schedule in one place rather than having to go through individual staff data tabs.

AW

Adam W.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

BigTimeAwesome

All of our work is fixed fee and this allows us to track time and materials live to help us stay on budget and maintain profit margins

Pros

This system was very easy to implement, gives live view into project health and support is amazing.

Cons

Needs more dashboard options, scheduling is a bit basic and Quickbooks integration has been a bit buggy

SL

Scott L.

Big Time is Big Value for small companies

I realize at a glance we can see valuable financial information. the ease of creating invoices if allowing for faster payments.

Pros

This software is easy to navigate, and is very user friendly to edit/customize for your companies specific needs

Cons

It takes time to set things up properly, but that is expected.

BM

Bettina M.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Powerful time and expense tracking, budget management, and invoicing software

Pros

BigTime is a very powerful time, expense, budget, and billing tracking software. It's fairly easy for employees to track time and expenses and offers powerful reporting capabilities and a lot of customization when drafting and sending invoices. The on-boarding experience was smooth, albeit a bit work intensive, and customer support continues to be extremely helpful and responsive. It integrates more completely with QuickBooks than the software we were using previously, so is helping us cut down on small bookkeeping issues we used to run in to.

Cons

We don't find the UI to be the most intuitive, and it lacks any visual images of the data or numbers. The capabilities of the software definitely outweigh these downsides, though.

JF

Josh F.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Fits our business needs

Easy to use and provides the right kind of insight into our project budgets and overall financial health of work in progress.

Pros

Combining project budget and staff utilization management in one solution, with deep accounting integration.

Cons

Activity tracking for project management tasks is less developed than the rest of the platform

LB

Louis B.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Easiest and friendliest time-entry tool I ever used

I love it. Great user experience. Reports and easily produced in real-time.

Pros

The online real-time time entry makes it easy to record your time as you go. There is also an application that allows me to enter time or submit my time anytime. Very easy to use. It's the best time entry I have used over the last 20 years.

Cons

I would love to say something but found nothig negative. Everybody in the team loves this tool.

Nicholas B.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Easy to use software with great customer support

As I've said above, fee tracking and time tracking have really tightened up for our company thanks to BigTime. We're able to know the health of our projects in one click with a report.

Pros

Our small business needed a platform to help us accurately track the financial health of our projects. We moved to BigTime from QuickBooks Online because we needed deeper control of our time entries and fee tracking. The Report Center really leverages the data entered into the system so that at a push of a button your data is organized and presented in an easy to understand report. Custom reports are...

Cons

As BigTime has grown over the years they've taken their users suggestions to heart. If a feature isn't currently active on BigTime it most likely is in the pipeline for future integration. We've seen our suggestions turn into real features throughout the duration of our use of the platform which is always great to see when companies listen to their customers. Sometimes the reporting center isn't as intuitive as you'd like it to be, but with a little help from their support team they can help custom build your reports with you.

Denise T.

We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company.

Our company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless.

Pros

BigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.

Cons

the software has some limits on "naming" items that do not always correspond directly to our external software and do not fit within our company culture. (For example: In BigTime, billable means charged to the project, may invoiced or may not invoice. In our company culture, billable means an invoice will be sent for payment to the client.

Denise, Thank you so much for the review - we truly appreciate the time and the effort you've taken to let us know how our software is working for you. We're very happy to hear that BigTime is working for you throughout your organization and that you're able to use the software across several different platforms - we work hard to make that happen! We're very sorry to hear that some of the terminology...

MZ

Mary Z.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years

Time tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.

Pros

The ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.

Cons

That the BigTime monitor is not a service but it requires an account to be always signed in in order to run. I hope it can be converted to a service that we don't have to worry about.

Mary, Thanks so much for your review - hearing good things from our customers always makes us happy, but hearing good things from our customers from the past decade really makes our year! :) We're very pleased to hear that we're doing things well in your book and we're going to try really hard to keep doing so and maintain your positive impression of us. Regarding the Sync Manager, it's actually the security requirements of Quickbooks that prevents us from creating a stand-alone service, so as long as Quickbooks keeps their security as is, then our hands are unfortunately tied. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, or if we can assist in anyway! The BigTime Customer Success Team

DC

Derek C.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Bigtime Review

My company is able to use Bigtime for time and job management. All of our employees utilize it and is pretty user friendly. Customer support is extremely important to me and I have been working with representative who is the Manager for Customer Success and she has been great to work with! Without her support I would not have been able to learn how to utilize all of the functions that are beneficial for our business. I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative!

Pros

I like the functionality and how we were able to have some custom features made that are helpful for my job/company and how we use Bigtime.

Cons

I don't like that there are some advanced features offered but they are not completely working when I try to set them up.

Derek, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helping you to understand all of our software's functionality and how you can apply your business processes to it. This is great to hear! As well, be sure and check out our Knowledge Base, which has hundreds of detailed articles on all of BigTime's functionality - these articles will prove to be invaluable as you continue to learn about BigTime's advanced features: http://kb.bigtime.net/ We hope this helps, and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

KH

Kate H.

Great interface for timesheets and expense reports

Pros

I like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.

Cons

1. I would love to have access to timesheet and expense review through the app on my phone 2. I would love a more hands on 'onboarding' process where someone really walked through the interface with Quickbooks for us as business owners

Kate, First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of Big Time - your review means a whole lot to us! We're very pleased that you've had a positive experience with both our intuitive software and our responsive support. :) Regarding Timesheet/Expense approval on the mobile app, we understand completely and you're not alone - other users are asking too, and we hope...

MA

Mike A.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Data Visibility And Project Cost Management

Overall, BigTime has been easy to do business with and the software has optimize our back office. The front end time and expense reporting system allowed us to kill static Excel forms and provide our users with a clean modern interface to start the data entry process.

Pros

BigTime allowed us to optimize how we track project dollars and hours. In the past we would manually enter the data multiple times to different forms and systems - it was always out of date static information. Now, we enter the data once and have real-time access to project costs and hours. The data flows to invoices, reimbursements, and reports.

Cons

Overall, the software is solid. There are a few navigation workflows that can be improved. BigTime is aware of some click stream patterns that result in getting too deep into a project where you need to click back out to the "home" screen to restart a navigation into a project. This happens more on the administration side - the time and expense entry process is simple.

Mike, Thanks a ton for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we know your time is precious and we appreciate you giving a little of it to us! We could not be happier that BigTime has made your life easier and allowed you to optimize how your business runs - that is one of the main reasons why we created the software in the first place! Getting rid of those static spreadsheets and freeing your employees up to do their jobs - that's music to our ears! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you! Thanks again for the review, The BigTime Customer Success Team

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

BigTime Review by M.T.

Overall, my experience with BigTime was positive. The platform's robust project management features provided me with the tools I needed to effectively plan and execute my projects. It helped me stay organized, track progress, and manage resources efficiently. While there was a learning curve associated with some advanced features, once I became familiar with the platform, it significantly improved my project management workflows. The availability of support resources and responsive customer service further enhanced my overall experience with BigTime. I would recommend it to others seeking a comprehensive project management solution.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about BigTime was its comprehensive project management features. It offered a wide range of tools and functionalities that allowed me to effectively plan, track, and manage my projects. The ability to set up project timelines, allocate resources, track time and expenses, and generate detailed reports all in one platform was incredibly convenient and efficient. It helped streamline my project workflows and improve overall productivity.

Cons

While I found BigTime to be a powerful project management solution, one thing I liked least was the learning curve associated with its advanced features. Some of the more complex functionalities required a bit of time and effort to fully grasp and utilize effectively. Although the platform provided helpful documentation and support resources, I felt that a more intuitive and user-friendly interface could have made the initial learning process smoother.

DP

David P.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Excellent for Engineering Services

I have tried many solutions in the past and I found BT was the best fit for our organization. Very cost effective compared to other solutions. It requires little time to produce reports and the engineers find the UI for entering time easy and fast.

Pros

Ability to easily add staff, create projects and budgets Report generation and ability to export reports to excel for pivot table analysis Fast online server responses

Cons

No ability to import project files from other applications, excel / MSProject Limited number of levels for sub-tasks

David, Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We really appreciate your thoughts and you're sharing them with us. We're pleased to hear that BigTime is helping you easily create staffers, projects, budgets, and reports and that you're getting some mileage from our exporting feature too. Regarding your cons, those are excellent ideas for Feature Requests, so we would definitely suggest that you do so! If you don't know how to submit a Feature Request, you can reach out to your Customer Success Rep, or directly to us here on the Customer Success Team. Thanks again! The BIgTime Customer Success Team

JK

Josephine K.

Review of BigTime After a Month

After reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated. From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy...

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn

Cons

I cannot display a cumulative invoice total in the budget summary for invoicing (prior billings + current billings).

bd

bridget d.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Efficiency that is well worth the money.

Project management efficiency

Pros

Bigtime gives us the ability to manage our projects time and expenses more efficiently and work together cohesively as a team.

Cons

Although I love the ease of reporting, it is a little messy. Granted I have too many... but I would love to see them identified better somehow in the list. bullet points maybe?

Bridget, Thanks so much for posting your review - it means a tremendous amount to us here at BigTime - your opinion matters to us! We are most pleased that our software is able to make you and your team more efficient and increases your overall cohesiveness. Those are some of our primary goals, so seeing them reflected in your review really makes our day. Regarding your thoughts on the presentation...

CA

Carlos A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

implementation support was lacking

the software is nice, the implementation guy and the support team does not seem to know it well enough

Pros

ease of use, sync with Lacerte, cloud, layout and features

Cons

Implementation person assigned to us ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) lacked good knowledge on the software and was vague and unclear on best practices of the software, did not have a full understanding of features, import capabilities, etc. We purchase the data import package and that process was bad, the numbers did not match ours, he just told us the import was done and provided not reports to show the numbers matched. Also the WIP import time was not able to be billed and he pushed us to support.

Carlos, Thank you for posting your review for us here at BigTime. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback from our customers and we're glad that you're finding the software easy to use and that our features are working well for you. We do apologize for your data import related experiences and please know that we're taking your feedback to heart and examining our processes to ensure that our BigTime customers receive only the best training and support. Thanks again for letting us know. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you, The BigTime Customer Success Team

RS

Robin S.

System is okay, but doesn't have as many nice shortcuts as our old system.

Pros

that it keeps the entries from last week so that we don't have to completely start over each week. It is easy to login to system.

Cons

That there are no short cuts for the comments. You can't create custom reports unless you are an administrator - it is hard to find stuff that you entered months ago

Robin, Thank you so much for your review - we really appreciate the time and the effort to let us know how things are going for you in your BigTime. Regarding the "create report" con below - actually, your BigTime System Administrator can, if they so choose, create a user group which would allow this ability to be assigned to any user. The specific permission would be "Report: BigTime Report Administrator"...

CG

Charlotte G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Expense/Time Tracking Made Easy

Pros

That it sync with our Quickbooks account, makes tracking time and expenses easy and accessible to our employees who work in the field, and the support team is always prompt and helpful.

Cons

The mobile app can be glitching. I recommend to our staff to enter time and expenses on the app, but to review and submit them through the desktop version.

Charlotte, Thanks a bunch for posting this review - it really does mean a lot to us that you've taken time and effort to post this for us! We are very pleased that our software is making tracking your time and expenses easy and we work hard to provide excellent customer service, so we're happy to hear that your experience there is positive as well. We understand your issues with the mobile app and we've recently done a fair amount of work to update and correct some of these glitches. Please be sure and download an updated version from your app store and many of these issues may now be corrected. We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

PJ

Phoebe J.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Outstanding Customer Service

BigTime helps us maintain time for everyone to bill. Setup is easy to sort for reporting.

Pros

Software is very user-friendly and easy to learn. Someone is always available to help with questions.

Cons

Reporting could use some enhancing. Some numbers come out as dates.

Phoebe, Thanks so much for posting this review for us here at BigTime - we really do appreciate it! We could not be more pleased to hear that you're happy with both our software and our services, as we work very hard to ensure that you get the very best of both from us! If you're having difficulty with reporting, there are many, many Knowledge Base Articles that you can access for free on our Knowledge Base - here's just one to get you started: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#using-reports Also, feel free to check out our BigTime Reporting Webinar as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_lGlFvy9o Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you - we're happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

YC

Yael C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy and effective

It captures and organizes my team´s times and expenses, providing great operational and management reports, plus information for Project Management EVA (Earned Value Analysis) control.

Pros

The simple and straight forward interface, information structure and ease to operate.

Cons

There isn´t anything I don´t like. The only issue I had so far was exporting reports to Excel 365 on a Windows 10 laptop.

Yael, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we truly appreciate it. :) We're very pleased to hear that you find our interface straight forward and easy to operate and that you've got no complaints to speak of! We work hard to provide excellent software and services to our customers but please feel free to reach out if there's anyway we can assist you further. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team