All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

OneStream XF

Corporate performance management solution for enterprises

OneStream XF Reviews

Pros

My overall experience with OneStream has been very positive. The customer service is outstanding and OS is always working on improving the product based on customer feedback and needs.

Cynthia S.

Catherine M.

Catherine M.

Brian C.

Kathryn C.

Read the full review
There is not any one thing that I don't like about the software. There are a lot of features and it just takes time to implement them.

Jonathan D.

4.8

Onestream is the future of CPM

Great and responsive service, with lots of offerings that you can add to increase the ROI (task manager, reconciliations) at no extra cost. They are consistently improving the product, not resting on the fact that they already have an outstanding product.

Pros

I really like how easy the software is to use. The customization options are endless, the organization of formulas on members makes it easy to know why a number is the way it is.

Cons

Onestream does a good job of documenting the software, although sometimes the features offered aren’t fully explained, especially in dashboarding. But it’s a small complaint.

OneStream's Ease of Use

The things that we wanted in a consolidation platform is ease of use, a company that takes initiative to update the product, and something that will help with our consolidation/reporting. OneStream solves all these problems and we are very happy with our investment in OneStream.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the software is that it is very easy to get data out of the system. You can use quickviews, cubeviews, dashboards, books, the options are endless. Once you have these items set up, it takes seconds to produce your monthly financials or inquire on data.

Cons

The thing that I liked least about the software was the difficulty of dashboards. I spent a good while trying to figure out an Executive homepage in the older versions. With v5.0 and going forward, it looks like this will be simple from the presentations at Splash.

OneStream XF

We are utilizing OneStream for its consolidation functionality. We are also working to implement the people planning solution.

Pros

The ability to have a unified system. OneStream's ability to keep multiple solutions on one platform.

Cons

The amount of clicks to configure a lot of items.

Powerful, flexible and

Pros

You can incorporate all your Financial Close and FP&A activities in a single unified platform using OneStream. As you integrate different processes within the application you extend and reuse than starting again for each implementation. Customer service and support is incredible, upgrades can be performed within hours and the OneStream Marketplace contains over 50 genuine value-add solutions including Account Reconciliations and Speciality Planning tool. Combine all that and you have the most comprehensive CPM tool on the market.

Cons

OneStream is an extensive platform and organisations that implement it need to take the time to understand what the product represents and invest in the right people to administer and maintain it.

OneStream software - Conversion From Hyperion HFM/FDM/Planning

We were forced to make a platform decision by ORACLE, timing was not good from an operational standpoint. We are 6 months in to an 11 month project to go live replacing our Hyperion environment.We are extremely pleased so far with the quality of the product, the quality and speed of support and relatively low overhead to support. All projects this size have pain involved with change management, but thankfully, the software we chose is helping ease that pain, not enhance it.

Pros

-Ease and simplicity of software architecture implementation and design -One Product for multiple purposes. -Long term expansion capability on one platform -Win10 app access -There is no comparison with the amount of time, effort and money it took to support and maintain the Hyperion environment. Install took less than 2 hrs. Comparable Hyperion install took weeks to get working

Cons

- Dashboarding can be simplified a bit - powerful, but a bit cumbersome to get started and understand

The next generation of CPM software

Primarily driving consistency and accuracy across the company on financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting and eliminating all the shortfalls of maintaining those processes in MS Excel. Future vision to implement Account Reconciliations, People Planning, Capital Planning, Sales Planning and Task Manager.

Pros

The software really is simple to use, user adoption is very fast and for one price you get for multiple products (consolidations, planning/forecasting, account recs, capital planning, etc...)

Cons

I have not found anything currently that I do not like about the software.

OneStream for both Consolidation as IFRS16

OneStream is now the central platform for reporting, consolidation and IFRS16. The users only use 1 system, there is only 1 admin maintaining all these functional requirements.

Pros

It's a platform, the consolidation, reporting, data integration is included. But there are also marketplace solutions (apps that you can download) to implement e.g. IFRS16. All from the same user experience.

Cons

Since it is a platform it has a steep learning curve. Since everything is possible its hard to balance between the ultimate solution and project budget/ timelines.

One-year Post go-live

Very happy with our choice and would not change decision if could go back and choose different vendor

Pros

OneStream has wide array of functionalities, all on one platform, one software language at one price; powerful corporate performance management platform has helped us automated many tasks across multiple areas in accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analytics.

Cons

Like other platforms must invest time and resources to get through learning curve

Began as a user, now I'm an implementer.

At Prince we implemented quite a few OneStream solutions. The great thing about this product is that it is all on one Platform. You don't have to purchase multiple software licenses because this software does it all. I loved working with the software so much that I left my position at Prince to pursue a career in OneStream software implementation. I went to my first OneStream conference and definitely drank the Kool-Aid. Everything about this company and product made me want to get more and more involved. I love how OneStream is constantly working on improvements the better meet their customers' needs.

Pros

This software completely revolutionized the Consolidation and Financial Reporting process. When I first started working at Prince, they were finishing up the OneStream implementation. The timing couldn't have been better for me. When I reviewed the prior months excel workbook used for consolidations and currency translations, it was such a nightmare. I had to open up to 10 workbooks just for the values to show up. Each of those workbooks took what felt like forever to open and would often freeze up my entire computer.

Cons

There were times that we would provide data to various members of the organization. Often times they would want to pivot on the detail provided. It would have been great if the row dimension type would show up on the same row as the column headers to make for easier pivoting and filtering. Other than that, this software was a God Send.

OneStream pros and cons

Pros

Tea or Coffee? Well... i want both... It is the same for OneStream. You always have the choice to implement a solution the way YOU want. It starts with asking you if you prefer being on premises or in the cloud. You have the choice!

Cons

One of its strongest point can be also a weak one : Anything can be done with OneStream but that means that a lot of configuration needs to be done in some cases!

OneStream exceeds expectations

Dril-Quip reviewed several different products over a 2.5 year period to analyze the best product to suit the Company's current requirements and the ability to be fluid as it grows. OneStream's ability to provide one solution for consolidations, eliminations, reporting, forecasting, budgeting, complex data analytics, and various other items without having to manage data integration between multiple...

Pros

-Ease of Use -Managing the metadata is intuitive -Multiple uses for the application without bolting on additional applications and data integration points -Good controls and audit trails

Planning Implemenation

The experience had been one of learning and embracing the new solution.

Pros

The software is a unified CPM platform and it's up to the customer to implement the variety of solutions which are included. The features, functionalities and cost structure (overall cost and licenses) were the main advantages for us and why we moved forward with OneStream. At the current moment we have only implemented the Planning solution, along with a daily revenue solution and a profitability solution. The customer service from the OneStream support team cannot be matched. The upgrade process is seamless and requires little or no work on our part (we are in the cloud).

Cons

It was a learning experience and took time for us to get used to the differences between Hyperion and OneStream. We were used to the various excel functionalities in SmartView which the OneStream Addin did not offer when we first started the implementation. But we were happy to see that OneStream listened to our suggestions for improvements and included them in upcoming releases. Overall, we are happy with our decision and look forward to implementing other solutions. In addition, we partnered with Archetype Consulting and they have been wonderful in guiding us through the implementation, transition and training processes.

A complete software suite to help drive your organization!

As a user for just under two years, the overall experience I've had with the software and the team has been exceptional. And this extends to the user community as well -- it was amazing the number of times I heard "welcome to the family!" during the user-conference, but I definitely felt that way! While focused primarily on consolidations and part profitability, we have big plans to further expand OneStream to allow stronger analytics in guiding us towards future growth and profitability.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy-to-use, but the ability to expand into different organizational "needs" is facilitated by a company that is willing to listen to the needs of their customers, and respond quickly to put those needs into production! From basic consolidations, tracking of capital expenditures & headcount, and strategic planning modules (among many others!), OneStream XF gives users the ability to address their immediate needs while giving them capabilities for future expansion.

Cons

As more of an "end user" on the financial side (not I.T.), the only issue I faced was the speed of consolidating data. But note that this is based on a previous version of the software, with the newest release (based on the Splash! user-conference in May 2019) having addressed some of this issue. Another example of the company's willingness to listen and respond!

OneStream XF for Consolidations

We replaced our Hyperion Enterprise system with OneStream. It was a huge win, adding workflow and validation checks to the system that we never had in the past. Data quality is improved and the system itself is rock-solid. Zero down time. Upgrades have never taken more than 2 hours. Support, when you have a question, is very, very fast. Partnering with OneStream was a great move for JLL.

Pros

Ease of use. This product requires minimal training for end users and the end user training can be embedded in the application, so they can watch a video of how to perform a task and then execute the task. Because workflow is built into the product, again, the end user simply goes through the workflow to complete their work. The Excel Add-in is again, easy to use. Because our users were familiar with Hyperion HPVAL formulas in Excel, the transition to OneStream's add-in was seamless.

Cons

This is a tough question because there is not anything I can think of that the software is unable to do or does not do well. The one thing that would be a nice to have is the ability to lock down exchange rates to prevent anyone from accidentally changing a rate.

Excellent multi-currency financial consolidation software

We were looking to replace a legacy system that was no longer going to be supported by its giant software company owner. Based on the experience we had we that company, we knew we did not want to use another of their packages. We chose OneStream based on functionality, product demonstration, price, references and pedigree of its developers.

Pros

It does so much. Every time I think I can't do something in OneStream, the consultants figure out how to get it done. It does more than I can possibly conceive. I do not spend a lot of time and money maintaining OneStream. The software upgrades are very fast (about a half an hour) and usually do not require any consultant time. I also like that if I do have a problem or a question, I can submit a support ticket and receive a quick response. Their customer service is far superior to what I'm used to with the giant software company that I dealt with before.

Cons

Because it's different from any software I've ever used, it took some getting used to. Definitely not an issue now.

Fantastic Consolidation Tool With Plenty More To Offer

Onestream has undoubtedly exceeded our expectations following initial implementation to manage our complex financial consolidation for statutory accounting and regulatory reporting. The breath of capability and scope of future use is causing real excitement across the wider finance function, and Onestream's flexibility is going to be a real asset to the organisation moving forward.

Pros

Onestream's flexibility in terms of metadata structures as well as data integrity controls via for example their unique flow dimension are fantastic. In addition the ability to seamlessly integrate with underlying data sources and systems is invaluable for us as a decentralised organisation with many different systems and processes used by our subsidiaries.

Cons

During and indeed following implementation its been very difficult to find any fault with the Onestream software and its integration to our business processes. Some functionality is very specific to the software and requires training, but the extensive Onestream Academy (free of charge) and the paid for formal courses have alleviated any issues in this regard. In addition the support provided to us during the implementation by Onestream themselves has been fantastic.

One application that does it all

Pros

OneStream is the most flexible platform I've worked with that enables customers to extend it for an infinite number of uses. The number of solutions that can be built using the platform is unlimited, and the MarketPlace is growing with new solutions all the time. We have a large number of niche applications, each performing a specific purpose, but with OneStream we are already seeing that we can migrate from those other niche software systems to one unified and integrated platform. We are excited to see where we'll go with OneStream XF, and we're especially excited for the new BI dashboarding tools that are currently in development.

Cons

The only downside to OneStream XF that I've encountered is with scheduling - reports, integrations, etc. While a couple of solutions are available (Postal Service, Powershell scripts) it would be nice to have an integrated scheduling tool accessible within the app via a frontend dashboard or other page so we could manage the scheduling and distribution of reports. The option to push data versus pull data is a big requirement for us; our software users prefer not to have to go looking for data, and the Powershell scripts that we currently use to schedule integrations and file loads are not user friendly.

OneStream XF

Overall, OneStream has provided a significant benefit to our company. It's a simple, dynamic tool that provides a good end-user experience. It has helped us to speed up our close process and provides great analytical tools for users.

Pros

From an administrator point of view, the software is extremely flexible and for the most part does not require computer language skills. Almost any report can be created and shown in different ways. The software is extremely dynamic and provides a positive end-user experience if built out correctly.

Cons

There have been a few minor bugs(Account Reconciliation Manager). While the end-user experience is great for most users, it is difficult to implement on a large scale (100+ users, frequent turnover) due to training. Every application is different, so general training documents are not always applicable. Pulling activity instead of balances is possible, but seems to have caused a few headaches as it's not common.

Consolidate without excel

We had the pleasure to have a great developer that was so knowledgeable, available and genuinely interested to follow and support our growth in using OneStream. He made us feel part of the great adventure that will change our ways of reporting.

Pros

Ease of use and endless customization and development possibilities as your company grows. We have multiple entities in 5 different countries with different currencies and ERP. OneStream's capacity of customizing our translation process to our different operations. We also have non-controlling interests in some entities and again the ability to customize the formulas was a big winning point.

Cons

The interface look is not modern enough to my taste but nothing major.

OneStream is second to none

Pros

Going into my Administrator role, I did not have a background in IT or systems administration but rather experience in Finance and Accounting. OneStream is designed with not only the end user in mind but the Administrator. There isn't a heavy reliance on SQL/VB.Net unless there are significant changes or requests from the business. The reference guide and Knowledge Based articles are also very helpful in teaching me about the system. The customer support is second to none in that they reply within an hour and are helpful in resolving issues and/or answering questions.

Cons

I would say a simplification in managing security would be helpful. In addition, there should be a way to implement security to prevent system administrators from seeing sensitive information in People Planning.

OneStream is AWESOME!!

Consolidations. Intercompany is a breeze compared to Hyperion.

Pros

All your data is in one place and you add programs on to the initial installation. For instance, setup OneStream for Actuals and Consolidations and adding Account Reconciliation is just add an app from the store. No separate set of licenses or copying data from one program to another.

Cons

More training offered. I'm not able to find much of any classes offered locally for reporting or calculations. Most of the training has to be done at headquarters and I haven't found a reporting training class anywhere.

One-Stop-Shop for Finance Organizations

OneStream brings all the information to the finance users. It makes it easier for them to do their jobs, be it close the books, prepare the budget, forecast or analyze the data. OneStream does it all!

Pros

Flexibility - This software can do everything you can think of.

Cons

The standard documentation is not detailed enough for advanced users.

Powerful tool

This product has changed the way we can create financial reports for the better. We are now able to produce meaningful information for our management team that we previously were incapable of compiling.

Pros

This tool enables us to consolidate our and third party financial statements with a few clicks of the mouse. This extremely powerful software can build our monthly financial reports and supplementals in a fraction of the time it used to take us.

Cons

Setting up and changing reports is not an intuitive process, so having a good consultant firm on stand by is a must.

Confie Uses OneStream

We implemented this software from start to finish in 6 months. Within 30 days of implementing the company acquired additional companies requiring a restatement of historical results. These companies were integrated within a month. The software is flexible enough that we are able to report based on the latest whims of management. Since implementation, we have redesigned the software more than once due to changes internally, and have accomplished those redesigns quickly.

Pros

Easy to use, great support

Cons

Not much

Truly integrated Consolidation and Financial Planning

An Analyse & Design phase confirmed our project teams decision to implement OneStream and our application build commenced during summer 2015. We are consolidating in a lot more detail in OneStream and the decision to load a full prior year of data at this level has added time to our data validation stage. Our consolidation and reporting phase is going live August month end following parallel runs and we will then commence the planning functionality design. OneStream is intuitive and user friendly and the OneStream team are always there to support you plus willing to listen to users improvement ideas which they often implement. We have no regrets.

Pros

This is a truly integrated consolidation and financial planning tool, one piece of software, one set of metadata, one set of data, one set of reports.

Cons

The lack of customers using it in the UK!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.