QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Enterprise

Enterprise accounting, FSM and inventory management solution

QuickBooks Enterprise

Review Summary

Pros

The ease of navigation with QuickBooks is great. For someone who is not a CPA, QuickBooks helps learn and expand your knowledge in keeping your small business books in order.

Noemi V.

It has great dashboard that that gives a clear view for using its all features. We can track projects details, like expenses, labor costs and incomes everything with the help of QuickBooks.

Amanda P.

I like that this software breaks down all of our financials so clearly and I can see the breakdown of all of our budget lines. I love that I can save my most frequented searches to refer back to.

Annette C.

Cons

As with any finance stuff it can be confusing. Maybe more intimidating that I don’t want to allocate money the wrong way and have it come back to hurt me down the road.

michael p.

But the worst is when there is an issue with the software you go into Customer Service HELL.

Joseph M.

Their customer service is a labyrinth of disorganization where the right-hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Their lack of communication with the client is appalling too.

Vanessa C.

Perfect Accounting software for firms

It feel so great and good to have a product that help you achieve 90% of your goal,it is a perfect accounting software to achieve your accounting task, it has significantly enhance my work and the work in my company.

Pros

The great thing QuickBooks is that it is very easy to use software, with a basic accounting and computer skill, you can comfortably use it. Another great quality is that it link banks transaction with prepared invoices there by making accounting work easy. Its numerous features makes accounting work very easy.

Cons

One set back about this software is that sometimes its slow to respond when functioning, but with the updates, I have seen great improvement. Also it is expensive but the value it add, makes ones to forget it.

Thanks for reviewing, Elibe. Please know we've crafted a ton of tools to ensure our software is always functioning as optimally as designed. When it comes to slow response times, the info in this Community hosted article provides excellent troubleshooting steps (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502333). I'm thrilled to read we're doing our part to help you meet your goals, by the way. Comments like yours are a pleasure to come by, and we're proud to be backing BNL Group. Please know if you have any questions about cost-efficient options that my inbox is open (QBCares@Intuit.com). Reach out anytime, and take care! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

More than enough for our small company

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in...

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L

It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called...

Pros

I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

Cons

The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have...

Excellent Enterprise Accounting Software

QickBooks Enterprise has solved the big problem of service cataloguing, invoicing, billing, tracking expenses, etc. It easily manages all elements of my daily business operations, taking any guesswork out of the equation.

Pros

QuickBooks Enterprise offers impressive features making it super easy to run all aspects of my small-business. A plethora of available options and details in the software, makes it a breeze for daily usage and help me run the tasks of my company.

Cons

Realistically, the only CON is the fact that the desktop version is not compatible with MacOS which many people use, nowadays. So the user will either have to purchase a Windows OS based PC, or subscribe to a cloud based thin-client service that runs Micorsoft OS.

Great Product for the Average Business

Pros

What I like most about Quickbooks Enterprise (QBE) is the ease of use and straightforward design. I also like the amount of customization you can do in terms of forms and payment reminders.

Cons

The aspect of QBE I like the least would have to be their communication on when updates are happening. There have been multiple occasions when all of a sudden the entire company cannot access QBE and it has put much of our business to a standstill at times.

Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging

The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Pros

This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access...

Cons

Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come. All the best, Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Easy to use for non-profit

Pros

super easy to setup our new accounts and keep up to date with data. Prints reports with ease and easy to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Cons

Even though we are a not for profit, it still shows many accounts and reports as profit/loss. This is not an issue for me, but our board of directors has issues with it, so I have to rename the reports to remove that. Just an extra step.

Quickbooks for small manufacturing

I like it. It does what I need it to do for a small company. I would imagine at some point we would outgrow it but for now the price and functionality fit our plan.

Pros

I run an ice cream production facility. I chose QB Enterprise for the price and name in the ERP marketplace. I find it easy to run my business and use assemblies and inventory management.

Cons

I think navigation could be improved. More shortcuts added. Streamlined processes.

Great accounting and inventory solution for small

Pros

Easy to use Intuitive interface Advanced Inventory Addon Customized to your industry Plenty of apps for integration with other platforms, such as shipping Easy to customize

Cons

Quickbooks lacks CRM functionality, which would be very helpful to not have to have a separate system for. There were occasional issues with the database hosting, preventing users from accessing the system. These issues were always solved, but it is a minor annoyance.

It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks! You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting and inventory management needs. To find out more about how we're working to improve and provide even more functionality for you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quick Books Enterprise (for use in small businesses)

Overall, Quickbooks does the job and this program has been around for a long time. They do have features that most any small business could want. But when problems or questions come up, it can be very frustrating and time-consuming to try to figure things out.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that the layout and flow doesn't seem to change a huge amount as each new version comes out. The accountant whom I help with using Quick Books Enterprise has used this software for many years and is still able to do many of the same functions in the same way for all of this time.

Cons

What I like least about this software is dealing with customer support. When you call, you do always talk to someone live, but you often have to stay on hold for at least several minutes. When you do talk to a support rep, they often do not have the answer and will ask for time to research the issue and call you back. If they do not call back for several hours, this often limits what I can do while...

Great for a novice but pricey

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Pros

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Cons

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way. As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community...

There is a reason it is the #1 small business accounting softare

QuickBooks is your best friend if you are an office worker or new to accounting as it is extremely simple to use. If you are a developer working to interface with it from outside systems you will learn to both love and HATE it. All in all I certainly recommend it to all my clients as the benefits most surely outweigh the problems.

Pros

- Easy to use, intuitive interface. Even non accountants will be able to dive in and use the software. - Powerful features and reporting allows you to really see where your P&Ls are sitting. - Tons of training and support available from a wide variety of sources. - Import and Export ability allows you to interface with other software or pull data into other programs for custom reporting. - Ability to interface with outside programs to sync data automatically. - Allows for tracking of inventory and placing/receiving purchase orders from vendors. - Gives a decent audit trail on item/customer activity so you can see what happened with your financials.

Cons

- QuickBooks is truly incredible, but their database architecture and some of their restrictions are incredibly dated. For example, they limit customer names, product names and several other fields to 31 characters. In today's more complex market it is extremely easy to have product names that are longer than 31 characters and QuickBooks will not let you enter them. They will tell you to either...

Feel Trapped With No Options

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc. When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income...

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.

Hosting Switch Handled Terribly By Intuit

Find another product. Don't hitch your horse to this wagon. This company doesn't care about your needs. Only saving money on hosting.

Pros

Quickbooks has been the cornerstone of our business for 15 years. The enterprise version is robust enough to cover our needs as a medium sized business. Our accountant likes it too. Until now, I've never considered using anyone else.

Cons

I loved this product when I made the move to the cloud a year ago. There were a LOT of issues getting it to work. However the support provided was high quality and very responsive. Two months ago they changed cloud hosting companies without any notice. We just went into work and our books were offline. Our books went offline for 2 weeks. Only ONE of us could login. (There are 5 of us so one person...

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Pros

Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Cons

The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability...

QuickBooks, it's pretty solid, but there are some catches

Pros

Quicken is great at putting things together in an easy to use package. It's pretty much what they do. That said, QuickBooks is just that. It's a great small business accounting package. Business owners with almost any level of accounting experience can keep their books, pay employees, view reports, pay taxes, manage bank accounts and do just about anything they would expect to keep their business running. Their customer service is excellent. I haven't called them many times, but I did always get a quick answer to my question. I also liked the fact that the people I talked with didn't seem to be from another country. Good customer support isn't easy to find these days.

Cons

The one downside to Quicken is that they're also very good at making sure you have to pay them on a consistent basis. While things are comparatively easy to use, they aren't always the best deal. Payroll is a prime example of this. The pricing for Quickbooks payroll is competitive on the surface. They charge a base rate determined by the number of employees you have. (The basic level is for 3 employees...

User for 20+ businesses

I can easily view financial data thru any consolidation of sites' performance that desire. Slicing and dicing financial information is so easy with this software.

Pros

The Enterprise version is fantastic for running multiple companies from one software. I used this program to run over 20 companies and utilized the functions of the program to slice and dice the financial data for any type of comparison that a person might want to see. I could easily group the business by "like-kind" businesses and review their financial numbers or I could just as easily run a consolidated report for all 20+ companies on one report. Don't let anyone tell you that QuickBook Enterprise is not suited for multiple businesses because I was running it without any problems. Our payroll was outsourced so this allowed for plenty of room and speed for QB Enterprise to really perform.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software. In fact, I can't say enough positive things about it.

Awesome review, David! We love knowing that QuickBooks is such a helpful tool in your daily business routine. You can rest easy knowing the data for each company is safe and organized in one space. To continue learning about ways to use your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for making our day! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

User friendly accounting software

Easy to use for basic accounting functions.

Pros

I like QB Enterprise because it can accommodate large amounts of data. I use a very extensive client list and I've never had a problem with corruption . The iconic home page is easy to navigate; preferences can be changed based on the user. The built in tutorials are helpful for newer users. More importantly for me, I can set reminders and automate recurring bills.

Cons

I used QuickBooks in my former position in an accounting firm, and found that it's not geared toward real estate and property investing. Sometimes the reports don't print properly.

Happy Friday, Karen. It's always awesome to come across reviews like yours, and I'm delighted QuickBooks has automated so many of your tasks. Since you're using Desktop, this article has some helpful insights into setting up the software for property management: community.intuit.com/articles/1502157. We're proud to be backing many different industry types, spanning from (but not limited to) contractors,...

QB Enterprise is perfect for inventory based mid-sized companies who need customizable reports on the fly!

Other than what I have said above, I would highly recommend Quickbooks Enterprise to any medium sized business that has inventory or uses projects or jobs to cost code. Quickbooks Enterprise over other similar products may cost a bit more but you get what you pay for. Check out the other cheap products and you will quickly see they don't measure up.

Pros

The reporting features of Quickbooks Enterprise far surpass any other program I have used (and that's quite a few!). The reporting features are sleek, custom and exportable to a variety of formats and reports can be memorized to save time. Probably the best feature for me as a bookkeeper/teacher of the software is that you can decide your layout (menu on the top or side), what you want to see and where. It is also the only program I have used that quickly shows the gross margin of inventory right when you select the item to query. As you go to sell, you immediately know if you can offer a discount and up-sell more product!

Cons

The one thing that I would say could be improved is that it is a cloud based program and you are at the mercy of your hosting company as to whether you get good customer service. Intuit needs to host their own server space and offer live support online to troubleshoot through issues.

Using Quickbooks

Pros

I am in QB daily either entering work orders, invoices, and other general information. I find the ease of setting up a new customer or new work order to be wonderful.

Cons

My one issue with QB is for sales tax tracking. I see invoices on my list that have either been recently created or are past due. The list that I need should not include this information. I have created a spreadsheet to keep track of the taxes and have yet to see the numbers in my spreadsheet match the numbers in QB

I appreciate you taking the time out to review. It's wonderful to read the software has been a daily help, as comments like yours are why we do this. I'm happy to help you customize your lists to better track sales tax within QB. A spreadsheet is an excellent workaround, but I've got a great suggestion. If you're running a report using the Accrual method of accounting, all invoices are being counted....

Quickbooks Is Great For Small Businesses Past Start-Up Stage

We adopted this software when the company began growing, and I think the software is perfect for a company that has at least 5 or 6 employees. I do run a small business on the side, and it is not ready for quickbooks. For the price, it's great for established businesses

Pros

It is fairly easy to figure out. I was able to enter inventory and learn most of the system within a week. It's also very easy to use. There were no features that I found it lacked. It's very easy to email over documents, and easy to work in the system remotely.

Cons

The only issue I personally had was with the accounting section, but that is also not my forte. The company accountant has no problems with it whatsoever.

Hi Christina, We really appreciate you choosing our software for your fitness studio's accounting needs. Sometimes, a helping hand is all a business owner needs to take charge of their accounting and inventory tracking. We're so glad QuickBooks is proving to be that helping hand for you. As your business continues to grow, you can be confident that our software will continue to grow alongside it. We have more helpful and easy to use features planned for the future, so be sure to keep an eye on our blog to see what's in store: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Wishing you continued success! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Overall Lots of different functionality

Overall our company feels this software is worth what we are paying for it and are pleased with what the software is capable of and how customizable it is.

Pros

I like how much information this software can capture. I love the different editions it has that are customized to the industry in which your business belongs to. We are a job based business so we have the capability to now set up jobs within quickbooks and run reports based off of the jobs. It cuts back on so much of the work I was doing before I switched over to Quickbooks Enterprise. It has eliminated...

Cons

The software is not as user friendly but that is because it has so much functionality but I guess that is what the help feature is for. Additionally, there are little things that I wish I could have such as estimates converted to jobs report, more options when creating a budget such as setting it up as quarterly, or annually rather than just monthly, or the ability to batch edit all lists rather than just a few select ones. Also probably the major difficulty we have dealt with on this program is multi-user mode. There are so many features that you can't perform when in multi-user mode which is inconvenient because then it puts a hold on the your work flow while you wait for another user to complete their task in the software.

QuickBooks Enterprise use at small to medium business.

If quickbooks would go to SQL database for storing their data and make printing checks built in instead of using something like GCForming to print checks.

Pros

Good starter accounting, pay roll and employee tracking software. Software has good product control and detail for each item company sales or manufactures. Payroll is good but cost extra. Quickbooks also offers credit card processing. Most financial accounts can be synced with quickbooks which simplifies reconciling and importing into quickbooks. Got some financial reporting but not as good as some of the add ons that give me a bigger picture of your company.

Cons

Importing from application is not great but third party application like Transaction Pro do better job than IIF. Quickbooks use a database that is not open like SQL. My biggest wish is for them to move to a SQL type data base where you can use third part reporting tools that can pull data straight from the database and it would make it easier for third party developers to make add ons that would integrate better with quickbooks. Quickbooks needs a check printing software integration.

Extra ordinary accounting software

Small and medium enterprises must go for this softwar.

Pros

Software loaded with lots of features which one will find very useful for accounting and controlling purpose. Software is best suitable for small and medium enterprises. Quickbooks enterprise version has features like ERP software. 1. Accounts and billing integration 2. Extraordinary Payroll facility to get out of Hassel of monthly Payroll issues. 3. Quick dashboard shortcuts to easily access the features. 4. Inbuilt Features from sales order to invoice processing to payment receipt. 5. Auto bank reconciliation so you never get stuck in reconciling your bank books. 6. Inbuilt accountant feature to easily analyse the exceptional transactions and rectify them. 7. Auto regular entry posting facility. 8. Widely accepted in more than 100 countries

Cons

Actually there are no much consideration of the software 1. At initial level it is difficult understand all functionalities but once understood it is very useful. 2. Prices are comparatively higher than other softwares. 3. Cloud based version is more better.

Good for basic Accounting, prone to crashing though

For banking, sending out Support/Software invoices, and tracking our expenses its solid. From a technical and user friendly perspective, C+. The price seems high now because we've been using it for a decade, when it was half as expensive as it is now. Plus they tie you into an Annual support contract now.

Pros

Does a great job of keeping records, especially basic accounting. Love the history, notes, Email functionality, and other basic features any small business can use.

Cons

So it seems to crash a lot. If your network experiences a hiccup, the whole thing has to be restarted. Not the end of the world though. They also use different shortcut keys than Microsoft Defaults, so if you hit 'Control-A' to select all, you bring up 'Accounts' instead. Also it randomly asks us to Login to QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Accounts) half the time for reasons unknown. Biggest gripe is that now they are moving to a 'you MUST have a Cloud/Subscription based Solution' pricing model. Before, you could buy QuickBooks and use it for 4 years, and pay for Support accordingly... NOW, you HAVE to upgrade, OR you lose Support .