QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

4.48/5 (14,015 reviews)

Anna Hayes

Use QuickBooks to feel Empowered and Efficient while running your business

Reviewed 2019-05-16

As an ASL Interpreter, I met many self-employed freelancers in my field. I was very apprehensive about transitioning from staff employment to self-employment. Luckily, I decided to try the Self-Employed option through Quickbooks. It's been a great experience. As a "first generation freelancer", I depend daily on the tracking tools that QuickBooks provides. Before, I faced daily anxieties about whether or not I was documenting my expenses and mileage correctly. Now, I track this information confidently with Quickbooks, and am able to spend more of my cognitive and emotional energy on my actual work and passions. I mostly use the "QuickBooks:Self-Employed" features of this software. I love the versatility with the mileage tracker that allows me either to have trips automatically tracked or to add and delete trips on my own. Living in a metropolitan area, the mileage tracker will sometimes count rides on public transportation as a car ride. I'm easily able to delete that trip and also check on my transactions to make sure that the money spent on transportation is documented appropriately as business or personal. One of my VERY favorite features are under the "Reports" section. I love the ability to get a preview of what kind of information I'll be sharing at tax time. I can download an excel spreadsheet that breaks down all of my Schedule C Transactions as a different page for each category (assets, meals, etc.). Before I started using Quickbooks, I didn't even know what most of these terms event meant! Now I'm able to work more freely and confidently as a "first generation freelancer".

Miguel Flores

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company. The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

Anonymous

With QB, we know 'where we are heading'

Reviewed 2019-04-15

QB has helped not only us but many thousands to know where we are heading in our business, thereby reach our corporate objectives and financial goals and survive in this competitive and challenging business environment by systematically managing resources. Thanks, QB team for the great efforts you have taken and I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to recommend QB to any small to medium scale user. The best part in QB is that it doesn’t allow others to toy around when it comes to managing the ‘returns for your efforts’. You don’t need to be an accounting professional to work with QB, but a little playing around with the software gives you a glimpse of the workings and gradually guide you through to become an expert in managing your financial matters yourself or even supervise a basic level staff member in handling your financial matters if it’s a small to average scale business. The passwords systems at various levels ensure the security and prevent manipulation of data by other fellow users. With long years of improvements and with the feedback of users of various levels and a variety of trades, QB has become the leader in this category. QB has simplified most of the bookkeeping tasks in a diverse array of businesses be it services, trading, manufacturing or your personal accounts. It has gone beyond accounting software to function as an ERP in our manufacturing facility. It has become another machine in our plant with no complaints of overwork, no leave, no annual bonuses, and no work stoppages. If the accounts guy is away, I myself take his place with all other priorities. It’s so simple even for those who are not IT savvy.

John Stallard

A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market

Reviewed 2019-03-27

The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Sheri Schwagart

Have been using QuickBooks for my small business for 16 years!

Reviewed 2019-03-14

The benefits of using QuickBooks are that I stay organized by recording all of my sales, income and expenditures in real time as they happen which saves me in accounting expenses such as hiring this work out. Also...I liked QuickBooks so well for my small business that I use it to record all of my personal finances as well. I love the reports I have easy access to as well such as Profit and Loss statements that allow me to see quickly how my business is doing this year compared to previous years. I also love that I can track what I'm spending in customized categories that I've created. It also gives me tremendous insight into my sales, ie what is selling, what is not and how it compares to previous years. I highly recommend QuickBooks for not only keeping your finances straight but also for the reports that give you valuable insight into your business.Once you familiarize yourself with the product it's easy to use. I have been using QuickBooks for 16 years for my small business for all of my daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping needs. It saves me time and money on accounting expenses and allows me to stay organized. Because I handle all the day to day accounting needs thru QuickBooks I only have to pay my accountant to handle my yearly tax return. And because QuickBooks makes it easy to stay organized with income, sales and expenditures my accountant spends less time preparing my tax return which also saves me money.

So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed

Reviewed 2019-03-12

Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!MILEAGE TRACKING!!! The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes. EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES: Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution. INVOICES Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment. TAXES: For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Michael Stoltzfus

Solid accounting solution for small to medium businesses across multiple vertical segments

Reviewed 2019-03-07

We use QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits, which allows ODBC access into the data to provide access for external reporting capabilities from products like Crystal Reports. This can be a powerful feature depending on your reporting needs.QuickBooks is easy to install and configure, includes many useful out of the box reports, easy to read visual indicators for things like receivables and payables, and an easy to configure and process payroll solution. We use the Intuit Enhanced Payroll subscription, which has significantly cut down on the labor involved in processing payroll. We can easily customize, memorize, and schedule reports to ensure our department heads are kept up to date on their budgets. We use the system to track our endowments, auxiliary cash accounts, and profit and loss for projects and individual organizational units. Over the past several versions they have greatly improved the shared company file feature, so managing multi-user access has become much easier and more robust.

Anonymous

QuickBooks is my 1st choice for small and medium company!

Reviewed 2019-03-05

I used QuickBooks a lot. In my current company, we use QuickBook for all consolidated entities in US and internationally. Experience is very positive. Our international locations are able to input monthly data into QuickBooks, timely for consolidation. Our US locations use QuickBooks with a lot of functionality. Reporting is very simple and logical for accountant. It is very easy to generate income statement and balance sheet, double click on any number and export details in Excel right away.QuickBooks is very widely used and is extremely simple. It just follows accounting login without extra thinking and it is very convenient. You can extract basically anything into Excel in a few seconds. You can double click on any number in balance sheet or PL report and get full details of accounts and then, entries. As for small and medium businesses, it is definitely my 1st choice. Everyone knows QuickBooks. Accountants are hard to find. So, if you use QuickBooks, it is much easier to do recruitment as there are a lot of accountants who know QuickBooks pretty well. So, you can focus on other skills in your recruitment. This makes recruitment for accounting team less challenging. Moreover, QuickBooks is so simple and there is a lot of training provided. I also like QuickBooks customer support - responsive and simple way to address problems. I work for global company with US headquarters and multiple international locations. We use QuickBooks for all entities. I love consolidation function in QuickBooks when it access multiple QuickBooks entities (you just need to input password for each QuickBook company) and quickly generates income statement and balance sheet reports with each consolidated company next to each other. This makes consolidation easy and quick. Overall, QuickBooks is a great ERP!

asfand jadoon

DATA STORING PLACE

Reviewed 2019-03-03

The bookkeeping software does not require any additional hardware, and it is easily implemented within no time. It cannot save the data, and there are some security issues, but besides these, I use the software as it is an affordable means of formalizing my accounts. It is easy to install and quite simple to get all these things about this software. It is easy to access wherever I am and see all my saved files. The Bookkeeping software is made with simplicity in mind. It is quite simple for me to understand and it maximizes the efficiency with little training and does a diversity of complicated work for me. There are multiple options for data storage in it. I cannot get with other options. I can easily access all my information from any device, and any location. It provides me the great flexibility. This software allows me the ability to reduce errors in data entry.

Marcy Kostewa

Quick Books Pro

Reviewed 2019-02-21

Like Topsy, it just grew. Now we have to enter so much stuff for all the reports, instead of just we took in this much and paid out this much and this was payroll, this was expenses, this was purchases and this is profit. Why can't things be that simple?I've used QB since it was Quicken. We graduated as our business grew so they explained all the different ways we should parce out our money in and out. They tell you a lot of stuff, but if you don't need it, there is not way out.

Danielle Besser

Convenient

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Overall QB has been a big Time saver for my accounting duties. Allows me to quickly view my accounts payable. Reports for expenses has been a great way to show other management members where our business stands.Best part of using QB online is you can access from anywhere. Love the features on the reports, being able to compare to different year's, months, quarters and using the percentage features is great. Chart of accounts come preloaded but can be changed to fit your needs for the company. The best feature is being able to have the bank feed loaded automatically vs inputting manually.

Morgan Taylor

Easy to use for a small business owner

Reviewed 2019-02-07

I use Quickbooks to manage my small S Corp business. It has saved me a lot of headache by simplifying my bookkeeping and making it possible for me to do a lot of it myself without having to hire an expensive professional. Many years ago and before Quickbooks was around I had to take an accounting class so I could learn the old school way of balancing the books for my one woman small business at the time. Thank goodness those days are over! Quickbooks has made it so that you don't need to know a thing about the technical side of accounting to be able to keep accurate accounts for your small business. I did hire a bookeeper to setup my accounts which is highly recommended but beyond that once I learned to use the software (which has been very easy and user friendly) I have been able to take over my record keeping on my own. Another thing that I think makes QB great is that many bookkeepers know how to use it so if I do eventually hire someone to help with my books I won't have to worry about them not knowing how to use it. I also really love in the online version how all my bank transactions automatically populate into the account--oh this is such a headache relief! I really hated doing that manually when I had the desktop version. This definitely saves time and hassle!

April Pauley

QuickBooks keeps our business running

Reviewed 2019-02-04

Our biggest problem in the past was gathering checks or cash from those who owe us money, but we now are able to charge their credit cards very easily within QuickBooks. And we can save that credit card information if the customer chooses for their next invoice. You cannot beat the customer service also. Very helpful, they actually care.We track everything in our QuickBooks. We are able to deposit vendor checks and also invoice our customers automatically when needed. Collecting payments is so simple. I also love the class feature so we can know which of our offices an item belongs to.

Betsy Wolfe

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

Reviewed 2019-02-01

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Anonymous

A tiny bookstore's dream come true!

Reviewed 2019-01-26

Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

William Wambugu

QUICKBOOKS ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Quickbooks is a great software for both small and corporate organisations, it helps to effectively and efficiently track business transactions which enables the user to view projections of the business, this is an essential feature in a business that will enable the user to track the performance of the business and device ways in which he/she can improve the business. Another awesome feature about this software is that it has made payroll simpler and therefore saving time for the user to focus more on the business. I would recommend this software to any individual or organisation in any profession or industry to use this software since its a lifesaver when it comes to bookkeeping. Quickbooks has simplified accounting and increased accountability in many organisations because of its various features and integrations which enable users to effectively track the performance of the organisation in terms of sales and profitability and also helps the organisation keep track of their expenses and even manage their payroll which is critical for every organisation in this century. Quickbooks has enabled users to easily do reconciliations and also manage both debtors and creditors accounts easily this helps to avoid too much paperwork and also the user will be notified when accounts payables matures and therefore prepare early to settle the payments. Another essential feature in quickbooks is that it can create financial statements which will provide information about a company's inability or ability to generate profit. These statements are also critical for the owners and shareholders of the business to have an outlook of how the business is performing.

Sherry Gillis

I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995

Reviewed 2018-11-19

I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

Brandon Clayton

Works great for me and my company!

Reviewed 2018-11-14

This software makes tracking my income and my expensive a breeze. I don't like doing accounting work, I feel like it takes away from my business but this software really helps minimize the time I spend doing it! I also love the fact I can use this software to accept online payments and only get a fee of 50 cents per transaction and it doesn't even take any percentage of the invoice! And finally it really makes doing payroll for my employees way easier! Thanks quickbooks for being there for me when I need you to be! User friendly and very ease to use and navigate. It's especially great for beginner that don't got much accounting experience! Integrates with popular programs like PayPal,Square, Shopify, and thousands of others very well! It also has a cost effective so this is great for small business who need this type of program but don't want to spend tons of money!

Michael DuVall

Quickbooks

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, been a mostly good experience although there are some areas around non-profit accounting and customer service in general that they could improve upon.The interface is pretty intuitive and provides a logical business flow model that can be followed by beginners or business owners with limited accounting knowledge. It provides lots of options for customizing reports and exporting documents into excel and pdf format. They also partner with Rightnetworks for VPN hosting as an alternative to having a local server. This is useful for working with remote staff.

Savannah Kimm

Great software, even for beginners

Reviewed 2018-11-07

I really like this software and its ease of use, especially for beginners. The multiple features can seem daunting at first, but it's a breeze to pick up. When learning the software, it is very easy to pick up. The map design on the home page is very easy on the eyes and more user friendly than using the toolbar at the top. The snapshot at the right of the screen is a great way to see the balance of your accounts without having to log into every bank (if you have different ones). As long as you keep accurate records and reconcile each month, it's easy to see what you're working with throughout the month.

Autumn Skousen

Great for bookkeepers

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Robert Brown P.Eng

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

Reviewed 2018-11-02

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features. However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Anonymous

it's a love hate relationship

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Setup isn't difficult, but it's very time consuming. It's difficult to use the update product once you lose the initial program. I've changed computers that originally had the program installed (when it was a CD). After changing the laptop, and losing some information, including the CD, I wasn't able to prove previous ownership and had to purchase the new complete program which is much more expensive. I hope that problem has been corrected since I would think the d/l'able programs can be tracked more easily. I call this a love/hate relationship because QB gets you to love the program, then makes it difficult to continue with the same program once the 3 years are up. They know they "gotcha"! but, all in all, it's a program I wouldn't want to do without when having a business. I also use this program to keep track of not for profit organizations, too. It's a very versatile program for any type of business. I used the contractor program and have been able to customize it for the Nonprofit. I began using QB in 2003. It's certainly grown since then!I like QB for it's completeness to operate a business. It integrates your banking, your customer base and sales and/or estimates seamlessly. You can use it to email customers or print out what you need. There are so many facets to this software it'll take you a while to get to know them. Once you do, you'll be forever beholden to use them. It's hard to go back to a simple spreadsheet again. All invoices/estimates are custom-izable. You can use your logos and iven if you're a small micro business, you present yourself as a competent, savvy businessperson.

Javier Victor Marian Bruno

And standard software for accountant in the US

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Like I said, its the choice by default on software for financial at your company in the US. Great and easy to maintain with a simple but perfectly working backup option. QuickBooks went to be a simple software to be the most powerful and almost "by default" software for accountant in the US. Anything you need you have it in there, or they have a module for it. What I love MOST of them is that despite that they added a lot of functions, they keep the data files simple. The backup process its easy, and restore too. I have some customers with problems on their server and was like Reinstall windows/ quickbooks/ restore. And it started with all the info like nothing happen. You can even install QB and just paste files from the older folder and will work. I love that.

QuickBooks User

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Susan Heaton

QB works for us

Reviewed 2018-10-16

When we switched over from Desktop to Online, I made a couple of errors that had to be fixed. I called the Help desk and I was grateful they stayed with me until everything was resolved even though in one case it took a very long time. The software itself is excellent once you find everything and become accustomed to how it is configured. We're a small company so it has far more features than we really need but is still a great asset for us to keep track of our finances, and I recommend it to others. Our NFP company switched over to QuickBooks Online about six months ago, and it was a bit of an adjustment after many years of the desktop version. However, now that we've ironed most of the glitches out, I've found that it's great software with new features I really like, such as knowing it's backed up online and that our treasurer and accountant are able to access the data. I like being able to upload statements and receipts to transactions for a more complete record.

Jorge Alvizo

Great for small business, or even mid size business.

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Even with the one major flaw I experience, I would still recommend QuickBooks to small to midsize business that need an easy way to organize, categorize their costumer orders, inventory, and being able to keep track of company expenses.I used this software for a number of years when I was working at a midsize family owned shipping/fulfillment center. It took me just a few hours to be able to understand how to navigate and properly use most of the features available software. Features Include: - Importing and Exporting of large data files containing costumer information - Multiple account log-ins, being able to switch between two different users(companies) with each having their own unique list of products, and clients. -Inventory, this was a very important feature for us, it notified us when we were running short on certain items for order fulfillment, it also kept an updated list of the amount of inventory in the warehouse in terms of dollar value - Costumer look up, address, product ordered, past orders, balance paid and due. Orders would could be search by order number, name of costumer, or even the ability to search orders meeting certain criteria. - Product information, the user had the ability to assign description and cost of their products. - Data back ups; the user would had the ability to make multiple save files that contain all the information that was present at the time of the creation of save file, it was a useful feature since a lot of the computers at work ended up being wiped or malfunction at one time or another.

John Churu, CPA

Perfect Accounting Solution in our Firms

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Nothing feels good like having a product that solves its intended purpose. This applies with QuickBooks as it perfectly aid in conducting the basic accounting task, yielding correct and accurate financial results. For the many years that our organization has used this item, things have significantly changed and we are happy to work with this vendor. These guys continually conducts a complete market analysis, as they come up with updates that solve bugs that were there before. What I like most about QuickBooks is that it is an easy to use software, where any person with basic accounting/finance, and computer skills can comfortably use it. Again, it links banks transactions with the prepared customers' invoices, making the accounting work easy and quick. Besides, QuickBooks has numerous features such as general ledger, asset management, cash book, petty cashbook management, taxation guideline, among others, and this smooths the accounting operations of our firm.

Lyn Demaret

For the Beginner

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

QuickBooks is Useful for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Overall, my QB experience has been very positive.Once I got the hang of QuickBooks, it was very useful. In general I like it and it makes accounting relatively easy. One caveat is that I am an attorney and I have to do relatively complicated trust accounting in QuickBooks. I found it extremely difficult to figure out how to properly set things up initially to do all of this correctly in QuickBooks. I would say it was the single thing that caused me the most stress in the first two years of my law firm. However, with the help of a couple of third-party books, and some online guides from third parties, I finally was able to figure out how to set things up properly, and once I did that things ran pretty smoothly. I still have my own little "guides" that I have written for myself to remind me of all the steps to do different tasks - but even having to follow those guides, QuickBooks is reliable and quick. I really like how quick and easy reconciliation is. As an attorney I am retired to do reconciliation for the trust accounting - with QB it is so easy that I generally do reconciliation once a week as opposed to once a month, and this really gives me the peace of mind to know that everything lines up. I do like, in reconciliation, that QB is able to almost always accurately tag items to their appropriate transactions/accounts so that I just have to click that it is correct. I am able to set up QB to automatically download backups of my company file to cloud backups like OneDrive and DropBox, which is great.

Jessica Loggins

QuickBooks - everyone can be a bookkeeper

Reviewed 2018-09-19

First, I've been using QuickBooks for over 11 years. I have used both the desktop software and online. Right now, all of our companies use Quickbooks online. I'm a big fan. If you have ever taken an entry level accounting class, you have all the knowledge you need to run QuickBooks. The ease of use is the best I have found and I've used a few other accounting systems that I won't name :) But QuickBooks far exceeds those others. You can easily customize your chart of accounts, create invoices and sales receipts, run payroll, manage users, complete bank reconciliations and manage the chart of accounts. It doesn't take a professional to learn the software which is what I love. I have to talk about their support. They are amazing! We had to switch over another one of our companies to QuickBooks and the process from the old software was a nightmare. I spoke to QuickBooks support and they stayed on the phone for over 4 hours with me getting it to transfer. The support was unprecedented and in the end, they really pulled through to get the old accounting software to transfer into Quickbooks. Never seen anything like it before. I was thoroughly impressed.

Melissa Marison

Nothing beats QuickBooks for Accouting, as long as it's the desktop version...

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-14

I am a user of QuickBooks as an accounting assistant for my clients. I have used Quickbooks to conduct Payroll functions, for income and sales tax reporting, and for financial data exports for data creation. QuickBooks is a program for people familiar with accounting terminology. You need to know what assets and liabilities are, expenses and income, etc. before you can set it up properly. With some online training through their tools, or others available online, you can glean enough information to create your QuickBooks file and get going. In addition, it is an awesome tool for collaboration with an accountant. You can have accountant copies of your files, and sharing the files is straightforward and simple.QuickBooks is awesome. Simply put - the features and functions are extensive. From the reporting, to the invoicing and billing, to the payroll functions - it does everything your business needs to ensure it's financials are accurate and on time. I especially prefer Quickbooks Payroll to other payroll services, because the integration of data is automatic, and I don't have to manipulate files to import and export for Payroll. In addition, it tracks all the taxes, and if in numerous states, handles all of the state reporting necessary.

Lindsey Turner

Quickbooks - Big bang for your buck

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Great product! I would highly recommend using this product for a start up business, can also be used for more advanced accounting with proper training.This is the most user friendly software on the market. It is simple to set up a company and basically "idiot proof" for anyone with the slightest of bookkeeping knowledge. Basic accounting entries can be made manually or automatically generated through a simplified user interface. I would encourage anyone with a small business and a limited accounting skill set to use this software.

David hunt

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Overall QB Online helps me run my two business from anywhere, I can process any amount of suppliers bills, make payments, run reports etc etc ... from my armchair if I wanted to. The 3rd party apps that sync up are great , you need to be prepared to put in some leg work to understand how this all hooks up but once you have it all set up it works a dream. I reckon I save 1.5 admin salaries per year using QB Online and all the other apps Overall...its worth 10 times the costWe have been using this web based software for around 5 years having used the desktop version for 10 years prior to that. The main advantage is easy access anywhere with no concerns on backing up your data. These alone are worth the very reasonable monthly costs. I chose QB online as its market share attracts a lot of 3rd party integration App developers which help me streamline our processes and save a stack of cash on administration costs

Gary M Kissick

Using QUICKBOOKS since 2014

Reviewed 2018-08-24

Overall, the software works very well, the tech support is excellent and the pricing is fair and reasonable. They offer credit card proceasing and employee direct deposit. We don't write checks any longer and that is a great savings in itself. Purchase it, take a few classes to learn the software program flow (it makes it easier to understand) and you won't be sorry. An excellent product for any business that has accounts receivable's and employee payroll. You can even do you monthly and quarterly taxes too!QB has excellent customer support. Even tho the support is base in India about 99% of the tech's are understandable and should you have trouble they allow you to ask for another tech without being offended. We use the P/R and A/R modules and they are easy to follow and understand if you have basic computer knowledge and finance knowledge help as well. But tech support is always their to help you with any issue.

Anonymous

The Desktop version is better than the online

Reviewed 2018-08-22

Desktop - it's easier to have multiple screens open, but can only do one company at a time (online, you can use different browsers to open multiple companies). Has a lot of functionality. The only other thing that is better about the online version (imho) is being able to easily log in remotely - BUT, if you don't do it frequently enough (and randomly) you'll need a verification code.

Anonymous

The Software that any accountant could not live without

Reviewed 2018-08-22

QuickBook is the one of the top accounting software. It greatly deals in assisting with fixed asset management, billing and invoicing of income, payroll management, bank reconciliation and others. As an accountant, I have used this software since I can remember. Not only that it is capable of more than enough tasks than any other software I have personally tried, but is very user-friendly as well. The monthly starting price was easy to keep up with and not financially draining at all when I used it before I started working at an institution. The current institution and team I am in highly suggested QuickBook. The availability of tech support 24/7 is a plus for our trainees. QuickBook can also be great for any starting businesses; it tracks invoices, payments, expenses, amongst others.

Perry Grosser

Good Product - Terrible Support!

Reviewed 2018-08-21

I actually stopped using it and moved over to Sage software. When the program would not open to wait for 90 minutes on hold for support is not business functional. The product is good when it works, but if you have any issues, be prepared to stop your business.QuickBooks does everything I need it to do, simple input (after my accountant set it up), some nice reports, easy to read screens, and easy for me to produce P&L for myself and taxes.

Stephanie Gruwell

Great for a novice but pricey

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed 2018-08-16

Overall, I really like QuickBooks. It's customizable for the most part. However, there are still some functionality that I would hope they would look into. Like a new line item to show the balance paid, the next installment due, and the overall due of the invoice. Partial payment and partial due line on the invoice ...something along that line. I really like the easy user experience. It's really easy to navigate through QuickBooks.

Joel Harrison

There is a reason it is the #1 small business accounting softare

Reviewed 2018-08-16
Review Source: Software Advice

QuickBooks is your best friend if you are an office worker or new to accounting as it is extremely simple to use. If you are a developer working to interface with it from outside systems you will learn to both love and HATE it. All in all I certainly recommend it to all my clients as the benefits most surely outweigh the problems.- Easy to use, intuitive interface. Even non accountants will be able to dive in and use the software. - Powerful features and reporting allows you to really see where your P&Ls are sitting. - Tons of training and support available from a wide variety of sources. - Import and Export ability allows you to interface with other software or pull data into other programs for custom reporting. - Ability to interface with outside programs to sync data automatically. - Allows for tracking of inventory and placing/receiving purchase orders from vendors. - Gives a decent audit trail on item/customer activity so you can see what happened with your financials.

Lindsay Versaw

It Does Everything and GREAT Customer Service Representatives

Reviewed 2018-08-10

We have benefitted greatly from using Quickbooks. We are able to manage the majority of our bookkeeping details and reports internally because of it. We use Quickbooks to track every expense, invoice clients, create quotes, see profit and loss reports, manage our accounts and see where our money is going. Quickbooks can integrate with numerous platforms and since it's a market leader, there are lots of forums and helpful resources. It can due so much and is our "one stop shop" for bookkeeping needs. I have had WONDERFUL experience with their customer service representatives... I hang up the phone with a smile and have always felt like I got the resolution I was seeking. Their representatives have been so patient, always taking as much time as needed to help resolve any and all issues I have, and they communicate in a way that seems to say that they enjoy their job and are pleased to be of assistance.

Jacob Wolinsky

Overall great for Invoicing

Reviewed 2018-08-10

For manual payments like our membership if people do not want to pay with credit card or paypal or they have trouble we can quickly send them an invoice and they can pay securely through Quickbooks. ACH receival is free also so thats a big plus compared to rates of sometimes 4%+ on intl payments on paypal. It also is useful to keep track of payments due and send reminders for late payments etc.The invoicing system is really great and simple to use if you want to keep track of accounts receivable. You can customize everything easily or just use the generic options. There are a ton of apps you can use but i have not checked them out much besides the basic ones. I mostly use for keeping track of payments due and for quick and easy invoicing of customers or clients

Christina Hutchinson

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Like mentioned in my pros portion of the review I have cut down on time! That's the main problem that has been cut out of the equation. Everything is well organized within the program and I don't have much to worry about when it comes to knowing that everything is in the right place and ready to be printed onto a report!The first thing I look for in any product is functionality. Is it user friendly? Can it be taught easily? I like how easily you can flow from one task to the next and how easily it is to keep track of each category. Whether it is working with payroll or keeping track of inventory functionality is key and flawless.

Larry Ceola

Intuit the company I love to hate

Reviewed 2018-08-08

I have been using Quickbooks for more years than I can rember, it integrates with my business software. I import data from it daily and it has given me freedom to live my life.it works well, integrates with my bank accounts, credit card accounts, generates plenty of reports that allow me to keep a handle on my business. Its is very logical and when you use the memorize function repetitious work gets simple. There simply is no other software that works as well as QB. Oh yes did i tell you i use the payroll feature with direct deposit and you cant pay someone and get it done as well or as easy.

Teara McGinn

Bookkeeping software for dummies like me

Reviewed 2018-08-01

do it myself bookkeepingI was able to get up and running with bookkeeping quite quickly; I expected it to be difficult since I had no knowledge of bookkeeping, but it wasn't. I have used it to run payroll, send invoices, manage expenses, receive payment, etc and find it all to be very intuitive.

Karen Ponicsan

I have been using Quick Books at least 10 years and love the Ease of Use!

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Accounting Made Easy. It is easy to make corrections, delete and void transactions. The forums are helpful to gain knowledge of the product from the website. Bank Reconciliations are made easy for the user. I use the create a copy function within the check writing screen on a daily basis. The reports provided in colorful graphs help a person see the overall big picture of the business operations.

Alvaro Medina

Workable solution for a solo freelance accountant up to small businesses

Reviewed 2018-08-01

A go-to software for accounting personal to small business projects. Very intuitive and comes with mobile access from multiple devices. Reporting is at the heart of any accounting person (esp Tax and Audit season), Quickbooks will make life a little bit pleasanter during those torture months in the fiscal year. :)This accounting solution is Web-based. It makes life easy for a mobile accountant (or executive) as one can readily access the ledgers from anywhere, anytime, using any/multiple devices. The reporting capabilities for me is another most important item to watch. Quickbooks is flexible, customizable, and easy to create reports either via templates or custom to the business scenario. It works well for both. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. We have not yet experienced any lag/downtime (at least whenever we are actively using the service). Lastly, the terror "Tax Season" is really made a lot more manageable and pleasant due to the powerful reporting tool and easy integration with our third-party tax system.

Harikumar Pillai

Quickbooks is very easy to use Accounting Software with GST Ready Invoices. It helps us to save Time

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Quickbooks offers wide range of features. It help us to record all our expenses and income and keep track of the same. Creatinf invoices were never made so easy and also it offers to collect payments.Quickbooks offers everything at a single platform. For a business it has everything such as business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions etc. The accounting feature is the best which we liked because we can manage income, expense and many more very easily. It really help us to note all transactions electronically. Another feature we liked is the Payment which help us to collect payments seamlessly. It help us to organize the finance. The online payment system help us to track payments. Next i would like to highlight the interface , it has a very beautiful design and simple interface. Without much training anyone can use it for their business. Quickbooks help us to reduce the time taken for our financial department. The team at Quickbooks are also very helpful and are ready to help us always. It is very useful for creating invoices and then collecting payments from the customers which track on a real time basis which reflects in our dashboard. Sometime we may miss to note expenses but with Quickbooks it's easy to keep track about our purchases , bills and expenses. I strongly recommend Quickbooks to smoothen your business operations.

Jeffrey D Katz

Dynamic reporting and comprehensive insights into business productivity

Reviewed 2018-07-26

Ease of use and great insights into my business.I've been an avid quickbooks user for years. They ease of use, dynamic reporting and ability to customize reports are awesome. I also really like the ability to download data directly from my bank to the software and clear checks. The desktop version is still a great value when compared to the online version and offers far more functionality, but buyer beware-- many functions will time out if you don't continuously upgrade to newer versions.

Anonymous

For lack of better works, I was extremely in to it. It was an engaging atmosphere and interactive.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

I benefited from this product by being able to picture and visualize the way accounting works systematically rather than just seeing numbers on a balance sheet. I have a much better understanding of the nuances of finance than I did before using quickbooks. My biggest pro with this program is its functionality and how easy it is to handle your finances without too much confusion. Accessing the data you would like to see if within reach of just a few clicks of the mouse. A lot of other ERP systems are aesthetically dull and not pleasing to wade through where as quick books engages the user in an easy to use system allowing them to feel confident when navigating the book.

Glenda Montcalm

Works well for payroll and quarterly reports. Reports are GREAT!

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Easy to use most of the time. Keeps records well and you have many options in "reports". Payroll is relatively easy to use and if something goes amiss the "help" line can help you get it straightened out pretty quickly once you get to the correct person.

Richard Sherman

My experience with Quickbooks Online has been nothing but positive.

Reviewed 2018-07-14

Apart from accurately doing my bookkeeping and various other tasks, this software allows me to create invoices, pay employees, and see my business finances - all in one easy snapshot. I find that the UI of QB is the best on the market, and it is also fully connectable to other services such as your bank account. Personally I have some automations setup with my bank account, Quickbooks, and Google Drive. I've made it such that my accountant can view all of my books and finances with ease. Quickbooks has been an important part of that. Love it!I am the Co-Owner of a local marketing agency in Brooklyn. We use Quickbooks online for all of our accounting and bookkeeping needs. The software is updated often and gets better with each improvement. One of the most important reasons we stay with QB online is the customer service. On most occasions they will assist you with even the most complicated issues you may have - and they'll stay on the phone till it's fixed. Very happy with that especially when something isn't working and is hampering your workflow.

Francis Garcia

Excellent platform for my company.

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-07-03

Rapids, streamlines payment units, optimizes business growth.-It allows me to manage my company remotely without any inconvenience, it is super effective, since I can organize everything with just a connection to the internet from any desktop or mobile device. -One of its great virtues is to allow me the creation of forms, modification of invoices for, receipts, budgets and give them a personalized touch without any inconvenience. -I love how the report panel is designed, it is very complete, it allows me to evaluate the growth or the losses of my sales units, purchases or to be able to create new projections from previous reports. -Excellent module for cash flow, programming of units of payments which allows to optimize the time in which transactions are made or avoid maturities. -The support staff is quite attentive additionally to be free only with the purchase of the product, which in turn has an excellent price for everything you can do, when with other services everything is separate or you must go to other applications.

Jennifer Kirkman

Quickbooks has been a lifesaver. Everything is at my fingertips and easily accessable!

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Piece of mind that all of my finance items are in one place with an easy access point. There aren't many things that make a businessperson's life easier and more organized in such a profound way. Quickbooks has made it easy to know where I am from a cashflow perspective at every moment. I can create budgets and spending plans and do forecasting like never before. There are many suites of software out there that can be helpful to businesses and individuals alike, but I'd recommend Quickbooks.I really like the quick upload times for documents associated with any transaction. It really helps my employees be able to save time, while increasing accuracy and accountability. I am blown away by the reports and how it's really easy to see where I am from a cash flow perspective at any second. Quickbooks also makes tax time so simple, by allowing for seamless reporting. I really like that as employees, contractors and freelancers are added to the payroll I can upload every form I need, keep track of payroll and then have the necessary forms generated right through Quickbooks. My life is much easier having such an intuitive platform with which my accountant and I can work.

Anonymous

There is nothing that can replace QB. Believe me, I tried them all.

Reviewed 2018-06-24

Everyone will tell you it takes a while to get used to, but once you do nothing can compare. The amount of data available to you from this program is just incredible. A basic understanding of bookkeeping is a must but a few online courses and some guidance from a decent accountant will have you on your way to a complete picture of how your business is running, good or bad. We use QB online and thought it doesn't have all the features of the desktop software, we prefer to not have all our data store on one computer in one location since we often travel for work for a month at a time. Also the customer service is by far some of the best i have ever experienced of a modern company. Everytime we did have a problem we would call they took our questions seriously with sincerity and personal responsibility to find the answers as if this were their personal problem. One time we were on the phone for 2 hours and not once did the person seem like he wanted to dismiss us and felt honestly puzzeled about the software glitch.

Joel Brache

Great overall, but a bit much for beginners and those without accounting experience

Reviewed 2018-06-23

Everything you need comes right out of the box. QuickBooks holds your hand as best it can when setting up a company from scratch. Most novice users with a little bit of accounting experience will appreciate the ease of setup when starting from scratch. The ability to customize your company is nearly endless. QuickBooks has every feature and function you could ever want in accounting software for a small to medium sized company. The reports are great, the way it can autofill for you almost everywhere, and the home screen is very easy and makes total sense. I like that QuickBooks is industry standard, so you can find helpful videos, tips, and tricks, all over the internet.

Ben Carter

Quick Books Premier Edition 2016 Desktop -Good Except Multicurrency is Terrible

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-21

This has a great user interface, as a qualified accountant, I can say it's definitely not traditional however it is functional and it has quite a lot of functionality for this price point. For non-accountants this is a good system in so far as it is user friendly. An amazing feature is that transactions can be edited or even deleted at least from the users perspective - that alone is one of the major reasons that I recommend this software ( the audit log maintains a complete record of the entries) Other good points, cost centres, document storage, easy account management, multi company capable, lots of configuration options.

Anonymous

Quickbooks works well on its browser and desktop app, but loses functionality on mobile app

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-13

Helps with data entry for businesses using it for tax purposes.I have used this software using both Windows and iOS. The functionality is similar on both operating systems, but the ease of use and accessibility to features varies more with how you access it. Web Browser: -All features are available -Ease of data entry Desktop App: -Most, if not all of the features easily accessible via web browser are readily available -Ease of data entry and in my opinion, it is superior to using the software via web browser -Faster login than using a web browser or the app Mobile App: -Ease of on-the-go access to the software

Christopher Hughes

QuickBooks is one of the best software products I have ever used for my business.

Reviewed 2018-06-01

It saves me time and money during tax time. It helps me to be more organized and I don't have to sit and stress out as much when it comes to taxes. It has saved me a lot of money from forgotten transactions, mileage, among other things. I use it daily and use every feature constantly. It has a way to show you how much money you will wind up owing quarterly, how much you will get credited for mileage, how much expenses and income you have had, etc. It has been very beneficial to my business and I will continue using it for the foreseeable future!The product that I have used of Quickbooks is Quickbooks Self Employed. I really like the different options it gives you to keep track of all your transactions throughout the year. You can link your bank account that you use for your business and choose whether the transactions are business or personal. You can either do this from the desktop version or from the app that you can install on either your Android or iPhone. One of the things I love most is the mileage tracker. It keeps me from having to keep track in a mileage log. It provides a map that shows where the start and stop of the trip was and you can choose Personal or Business and categorize them with what the trip was for also! The software is really easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone.

Keyana Kutney

I've been using various QuickBooks versions for around 6 years now. Overall, the software is solid.

Reviewed 2018-04-04

While I prefer the Desktop Pro version for Mac and Windows, the Online version has been getting better with more recent updates. Regarding Online, I enjoy being able to access my account on the go, via the mobile Android app. I also like that, no matter the version of this software I use, Intuit's customer service is always quick to respond to any questions or comments that I may have. Their online help forums are full of great information from actual users, as well.

Jon Rodgers

Effective for the cost.

Reviewed 2018-03-22

It's effective for the cost. I use Desktop version. It's less expensive than paying an accountant. You can simply save to a flash drive using Desktop. Actually, my accountant for tax purposes primarily recommended this product to me. The product itself works. I use it primarily for sales invoicing, reconciling with the bank balance and financial reporting for our small digital marketing firm. I also used a Quickbooks third-party vendor for income tax filing 1099 purposes, and it was a good referral from Quickbooks. It's a universally accepted accounting program, and it gets the basic job done.

Anonymous

Excellent accounting software that is intuitive and has great customer support.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

QuickBooks is like the hub on a wheel for my business. Everything that I build on is a spoke coming off of it, but QuickBooks is at the center.It's approachable. If you understand basic accounting concepts you can run QuickBooks. The platform is industry neutral, and if you know what you are doing you can use the features within QuickbBooks (customer types, classes, etc.) to set the company's QuickBooks file up to store key information to their specific business or industry. The support is excellent... if you are patient enough to wait on a hold line. Finally, there is a lot of information out there about this product. If you don't know how to perform a specific function it is likely that you can find a YouTube video giving you two or three different ways to perform something. The App Store for supporting apps has a large selection of apps that are designed for industry-specific needs. You really need to read reviews on these as some of them are not so hot, but overall there are a lot of useful tools that sync with QuickBooks. Yes, you will run into some dead ends with very specific uses, but if you are creative and understand how a transaction is going to affect the ledger when you set it up there are very few types of businesses that you can run on QuickBooks.

Anonymous

Rescued us from spreadsheet accounting, automated subscription invoicing, improved revenue.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

QB Online automated subscription invoicing for us, and we discovered unbilled charges and thereby improved our revenue, while allowing staff to work on accounts simultaneously and remotely. That also means our sales team can generate an invoice quickly while the lead is still hot, and get the instalment invoice to the client to lock their place in our queue. We save more time by connecting to other apps and by using the mobile version of the apps on the go.QB Online has a lot of bang for buck - it's constantly being improved and we've found it competes very well for functionality with some of the more celebrated accounting software names, at a much better cost, with graduated pricing depending on what you need. It's becoming more and more integrated with other software (with connect to it with ActiveCollab for project management to import tracked time as invoices) and right from the start the bank transaction feed integration has been a life saver. It was buggy very early on but has been excellent for years. Recurring invoices (subscriptions) are excellent when combined with delayed charges that can be collated into one invoice at the end of the month, for example. Flexible invoice templates and options for mini-statements etc have allowed us to keep our accounting workflow as simple as we prefer, while guiding clients to pay early without needing to be chased (too much...).

Michael Magness

Feel Trapped With No Options

Reviewed 2017-12-15
Review Source: Software Advice

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc. When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not. I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB! When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Damian Lopez

QuickBooks is a great introductory system for new and very small businesses.  One of the most import

Reviewed 2017-11-16

For the most part, the first software purchase is based around the need for managing accounting and financials, and in this situation QuickBooks is the logical choice.  It is only as your business grows and your requirements become more diverse

Amanda Lukowski

Amazing ease of use and over 500 integrations

Reviewed 2017-10-10

Excellent user interface and navigation. Flexible contact records and transaction forms. Customizable report templates. Comprehensive payroll support. Hundreds of add-ons

Dena Bector

My experience with Quick Books Desktop has been empowering, efficient, and very effective daily.

Reviewed 2017-08-08

timely and accurate deliverables.The feature that is most attractive for me is integration. I'm the Hr Rep. at Placement Partners Inc. and I gather information from various platforms and applications. Integrating with Quick Books is very productive, saves me a lot of data entry not to mention eliminates any data entry errors. I can't go without mentioning the "Reports" option. On several occasions, the owners of my company are seeking explanations or documentation regarding employee hours, pay or spending in general, and thanks to "Reports", I am able to accurately provide information with the push of a button that will be produced in a PDF or Excel format for easy comprehension. There are several aspects of Quick Books that assist me in getting my responsibilities taken care of at work; especially the on boarding process & providing documentation for our employees. Lastly, props to the support team over at Quick Books. I've had countless situations where I had to consult support to help me before the cutoff time for Direct Deposit! The most recent incident I can recall preparing payroll for the end of July but my owner kept telling me that our Quick Books was showing the direct deposit had not reached the bank in addition to us needing to pay our liabilities, however the bank was telling us they received our deposits and also showed us paying our liabilities. Support connected with me and was able to identify that either or connection was down or we had not synced. Support SAVED the pay period!

Craig Davidiuk

Hosting Switch Handled Terribly By Intuit

Reviewed 2017-08-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Find another product. Don't hitch your horse to this wagon. This company doesn't care about your needs. Only saving money on hosting. Quickbooks has been the cornerstone of our business for 15 years. The enterprise version is robust enough to cover our needs as a medium sized business. Our accountant likes it too. Until now, I've never considered using anyone else.

Katie Mahony

QuickBooks = Quick Completion = Quick Tax Return = Quick Cash on Hand (and ALL with Piece of Mind!)

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I switched to QB as my method of tax preparation approx. 5 years ago. Prior to that (while still married), I used an outside company. I did receive great service with that agency. If you're an organized person who values seeing the same Tax Rep each year & take time to cultivate a relationship with 1 person, then it will pay off for you after 3-4 years IF your Rep sticks around. Beyond that fairly high risk, it was more costly (3x more), more cumbersome, and...... I still had to leave the house LOL. Once single, I received a random offer for QB that promoted 1) Ease of use 2) Complete assistance in any/all deductions possible 3) Comprehensive audit protection at a nominal fee 4) Electronic e-filing 5) Direct deposit 6) State taxes completed with ease & 7) Both returns filed together. The cost was LOW (about $100 rather than the $350 we spent/year by using an outside service). I thought, "SIGN ME UP". I purchased it online. It was delivered via email in a downloadable format with a website. In under 15 minutes I was signed up as a new QB customer w/ the flexibility of preparing my return at my own convenience in my own home. For those of you who are terrified of Finances, Taxes and Money.... DON'T BE. I literally knew nothing about this topic and wasn't good at it. The program walks you through every stage of Tax Prep. It helps you capitalize on all money saving deductions possible, has a (?) next to each new term/item if you're unsure what they're asking, etc. All I do is input my financial info when prompted to and that's it. The program reviews your return at the end, shows you your risk factor for being audited and flags any "at risk" items about your return, and THEN suggests the changes to be made to assure your taxes are accepted by the IRS and State. EVERY TIME I DO TAXES I FEEL SAFE I AM SUBMITTING A QUALITY TAX RETURN & THE PEACE OF MIND IN KNOWING QUICKBOOKS WILL BACK ME UP IN THE EVENT OF AN AUDIT HELPS ME SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT. This year, I became a Self-Employed business owner & chose to purchase both QuickBooks Self-Employed and QB Online, just to be safe! STILL JUST AS EASY! I keep track of my receipts for both business and personal on a Weekly basis in a matter or moments. Upload pics of my receipts to the Apps provided. Those receipts are automatically integrated into my Tax Prep forms and TAX COMPUTING EVEN THIS YEAR OWNING A START UP COMPANY WAS NEVER EASIER! A++ Look no further!1) Ease of Use 2) Support 3) Quick 4) Direct Deposit Available using a number of different options (bank account, prepaid debit, etc) 5) Both returns files jointly 6) Need little knowledge of finance or industry to acquire the most amount of money possible 7) All extra forms necessary needed for you individual circumstances completed by QB within the existing program 8) Option to purchase Audit Protection that comes with legal representation if necessary 9) Low cost for Quality product 10) Pre-populated information if a returning customer. 11) The List goes On.

Nancy Schleich

OK, I love it

Reviewed 2017-01-26

I'm a small business owner. I tried QB about ten years ago when I first began and hated it because I have a math learning problem. I tried several methods over the past ten years, and after having terrible experienes with combined schedling/notetaking/insurance billing/bookkeeping programs I threw in the towel and reluctantly got QB. Great move. Most people would probably have less trouble than I, but even I caught on fairly quickly. It is flexible enough for my quirky techniques, lets me know when I'm doing something they disaprove of. The drawbacks are that you have to hire someone to teach you how to use the program. I only had to do this twice. I still have not figured out how to tally charge/payment for a session in which the patient pays a copay and the insurance pays also. I have to do two separate recordings. But that works! Another plus is that my bank has a designated person to help with Quickbooks and Quicken (which I use for my personal accounts) who is fre and quite helpful. One complaint I have is that there doesn't seem to be one window where I can see the name, date of service, charge for service, what was paid, what the check number is, and what the balance is. Each report contains some of that info but not all. Accountants are probably used to that but it's difficult for me. Steep learning curve for non-math/accounting people but then easy and reliable, with flexible ways of inputting data. Good and numerous reports are useful. Connects to TurboTax for tax preparation so I think I'll save money on accounting this year.

chandler hadraba

Quickbooks pro online could use some additional functionality

Reviewed 2017-01-26

The damn government laws seem to change faster than the software can and I wish Quickbooks could too. Having used Quickbooks since 2000, been with this platform. Lately the 1099 income I use to receive has changed to w-2. Accounting wise this is a real pain because I invoice at one rate, then have to adjust the amount to receive to match the taxes and don't seem to have a way to just set this up to be more automatically. PLEASE FIX THIS. My other issue with the software is the growing complexity making it easy to do something incorrect, then have to waste alot of time either with Customer Service or just in the software making corrections. I do love the emailing of invoices and the ability to include related documents for customers, plus with the ability to tell if customers actually received and opened the bill. I perform quite a few product demonstrations, for different clients and brands, to send a copy of the demo report with the bill "helps" customers know what they are paying. I use Google Drive for photos and docs related to this work, I wish QB could allow me to attach stuff from Google Drive, rather having to download to my desktop, then attach. The above pressure points need to be addressed soon, because the cost is just a bit much considering how much time I waste dealing with it. If quickbooks does have a solution or other product, which would work better, then you need to have your tech support people better aware of the software solutions offered. it works, and most other software will also work with it, e.g. my bank, some google programs, etc. I know that Intuit is not going away, I just hope that they continue to update the software to keep pace with my business.

Bryan Rupel

Great Software

Reviewed 2016-12-05

I just received this product, and I am furious for two reasons. 1) The outside of the package said that I had to scratch off a label to reveal the license number. My fingernail was not taking it off easily, so I continued to work at it, trying to peel it off. I finally was able to gently scratch off and reveal some of the numbers, but whatever adhesive they used on the label TOOK THE REST OF LICENSE NUMBER OFF WITH IT. You can't install it without a license number, so this rendered the disk unusable. Is it really necessary to make someone have to go through that? All they had to do was insert a regular scratch off surface on the package or inside the package, and there would be no compromise of security. This is just incompetent package design, period. 2) It gets worse!! After going through Phone Menu Hell trying to get a live Customer Service person (outsourced overseas) to speak to me, I was informed that this product will not upgrade my old data files from QB 2011 because Quickbooks only supports upgrades within 18 months after the old product is replaced with the next version. Assuming that is true....the ad presentation MUST MAKE THIS PLAIN AND CLEAR UP FRONT!!! I have looked and looked again, and NOWHERE does it say that this will not update old files. If it did say that, then I would not have bought this product, which obviously is of no use. According to QB Customer Service, I can have THEM install the program for $299 and they will convert the files. Now instead, I have wasted incredible amounts of time on a product that I cannot use...and now have to work out how to be refunded. So this is not so much a review of the software itself, but rather a warning to others who are upgrading from anything older then QB Pro 2014 that you may have a lot of difficulty retrieving your product code and you may not be able to convert your existing files to work with the new program. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY!!! ]Ease of use and able to get all my financial documents in order

Stefany Blount

Good, not great. Getting better.

Reviewed 2016-10-13

Currently, I use waveccounting.com but needed 1099 support and the ability to support and the ability to have an independent contractor account. As of now, this is not an option forcing me to do a lot of double entry. I started using QB online after reading the reviews and speaking with a customer service representative. She was excellent at answering my questions and making sure what I needed would be present in my account. Execution - This was far more frustrating than I anticipated. I have a background in programming so I am not on to give up on software easily. I found the controls set in place to help you often hinder you. I feel that I should have had a better set-up option to allow for more choice in what would be automated. All of my categories were changed upon importing. The automation routinely got it wrong despite it's ability to "learn" from past choices. Go Zen - What I have learned. You really need to start from scratch. Don't import until you have clicked every button and set-up the account in a way that is most efficient for your company. I am currently in the middle of my new set-up and I am beginning to see the benefits of QB and I feel it will be a more efficient choice going forward. One of the top reasons for choosing QB was their integrations. Specifically, Zapier. My brokerage runs on AI's and a lot of data automation. Adding the ability to add customers, invoice and payment follow up potentially saves me hours of work each week. IT also allows me to have my CRM talk to myI took the time to look at all the integrations available and it is an impressive collection that is growing. As of now, I would recommend this software but with a healthy dose of patience. With a better on boarding solution, I think a lot of the frustration for those of us in the middle of running a business and a need to get up and running quickly would help a great deal. Overall, it's a robust system. It has a lot of option for every type of business.The ability to integrate it with my current apps via Zapier. 1099 creation is huge. Great for working with independent contractors. I really like that I have a phone app for updates on the go. I can do my accounting while on the subway.

Chris Law

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Reviewed 2016-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Scott Noble

QuickBooks, it's pretty solid, but there are some catches

Reviewed 2016-04-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Quicken is great at putting things together in an easy to use package. It's pretty much what they do. That said, QuickBooks is just that. It's a great small business accounting package. Business owners with almost any level of accounting experience can keep their books, pay employees, view reports, pay taxes, manage bank accounts and do just about anything they would expect to keep their business running. Their customer service is excellent. I haven't called them many times, but I did always get a quick answer to my question. I also liked the fact that the people I talked with didn't seem to be from another country. Good customer support isn't easy to find these days.

Rebekah Trevelise

I can easily see the financial status of my business daily

Reviewed 2018-11-07

Essential part of my business that I can't do without! I need QuickBooks to help me navigate the finances of my business, and QuickBooks makes payroll and taxes easy and efficient. Highly recommend for small business owners like myself!I love how easy it is to see exactly what funds I've received, and where my expenses are going for my business. I recently started using QuickBooks this past year, and it's been a big game-changer for me seeing quickly (and visually!) where my business is headed financially. I love all of the graphs and reports I can generate. This helps me tweak things each quarter so I can meet my goals. I highly recommend using QuickBooks if you're starting out as a small business owner. I wish I'd done this from the very beginning!

Rebekah Martin

Lots of options for customer needs

Reviewed 2018-08-23

I've used QuickBooks for multiple business and personal purposes, and for several years. I enjoy the program and its varied features, but there is a bit of a learning curve. I'm constantly realizing new features that the program offers, which is great, but I should have invested in more training while on boarding with the software. I've used the personal desktop version, company desktop version, and QuickBooks online, and I appreciate that so many options are available to suit the specific needs of the individual/company. It's a very thorough program for asset management, accounting, etc.

Paul Ayala

QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online is the industry standard for a reason

Reviewed 2019-02-27

QuickBooks Desktop (for in-house use) and QuickBooks Online (for mobile and remote access) both offer unmatched quality, reliability and accountability when it comes to financial record keeping for any business. Furthermore, it allows business owners, management and staff to concentrate on what they do best; provide the best possible service and/or products to their customers. No individual or business should be prevented from participating in commerce, nor should nonprofits be prohibited from contributing to their communities, simply because they can't afford to hire a CPA, staff an Accounting Department, or bring on a Full Charge Bookkeeper.QuickBooks has dominated the Accounting and Bookkeeping industries for decades because it fulfills the needs of businesses small and large when it comes to managing their books and producing reliable financial reporting. With QuickBooks Online, you also gain the ability to manage those resources from anywhere an Internet connection is available; not to mention easing the collaboration efforts between businesses and their Accountants and/or Bookkeepers. Affordable merchant services (credit/debit card and bank transaction processing) and full service payroll features are also available; along with the ability to file local, state and federal tax reports/filings.

Anonymous

Great for small and medium business, but the remote desktop experience could be better...

Reviewed 2018-09-01

We've been using Quickbooks products for about 19 years. We started with a single seat Quickbooks Pro installation and grew to a 10+ seat Quickbooks Enterprise installation with remote workers accessing 8+ company files simultaneously. The products have largely met our needs, but we have had to implement some creative solutions within the software to get the functionality that we need out of it. These may be things that are unique to our business, but otherwise it has been a very useful and versatile product.

Jennifer Tremlett

Great for Beginners to Advanced Users

Reviewed 2018-08-17

I love that quickbooks is extremely user friendly. You can literally use it as a brand new user and it will easily walk you through the setup, all the way up to advanced accounting. I've used QuickBooks for close to 10 years, and I have helped many companies start up their businesses using this program. Its very inexpensive considering the many hundreds of uses for it.

D. Kirk Bressette

I needed software that would make sure it is accurate, or if you needed to go to court.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

I have used this software for years, with a few different companies. It is very easy to use, has great customer service. QB can be modified to exactly what you need, no matter how large or small your company is. You can customize reports to fit areas that you need to concentrate on as well. QB is recognized as an industry leader, and from my perspective is the only software anyone ever needs to use. Even if you have an accountant, like we do, make sure he is using Quick Books. The industry leader!

Denny Peck

QB The best available but not the best!

Reviewed 2016-11-17

I have been a QB user for my small business for years. When it is good it is good and when it is not-it is frustrating. Getting help even though Intuit is in Tucson AZ is difficult and they outsource and sometimes I am just going in circles. Their automatic charge each year gives me little knowledge of what I am paying for and harder to get information. They automatically charged me over $400 for payroll and I don't use their payroll system-so I have no idea what I paid for. I hate that there are separate charges for upgrades to the newest QB and then separate charges for something else. I have never received clarifications-so often i feel I am held hostage once one relies upon QB for charges, payments and payroll I do personally and file for three employees.Easy to do charges, payments received and simple payroll. The program figures the amounts and printing forms to file, and saving is easy and efficient. They include all forms and provide reminders to file and year end requirements. I do not need and accountant for quarterly concerns. I am able to turn over to my accountant for year end corporate filings and the process in seamless. I should add reconciling is easy as well as knowing that everything that has to be filed in done timely.

Dymont Mangwengwe Hobyane

This software is build to deliver the best as expected

Reviewed 2018-06-12

With accounting clients in need of software's alternative to Pastel, quickbooks have came in handy and affordable for small businesses who are looking for the best for lessBesides being user friendly, it is build in a graphic user interface which is a simple click away from the solution and everything you need is right on the home tab, another useful part of it is the (I want to) part where by you don't need to close any tab to start something new, it can run multiple open tabs delivering the best for the end user

Pamela DeLong

Not For Everyone

Reviewed 2018-08-13

Overall, we used Quickbooks for years, both desktop and online. In the end, we decided to go with Xero. It has most of the features of the desktop version and a decent UI that doesn't change every two weeks.As this software has been around for so long, it is definitely fully-featured. There isn't much that is missing. Enterprise level support is there but it has to be "bolted on" rather than coming standard since the target market for this software is small businesses. Another pro is that you can buy once and not pay again for a couple years making it overall cheaper than the online options that are on a subscription basis.

John Nirajh Anton Crises

I recommend QuickBooks for little and medium organization

Reviewed 2019-05-16

I utilized QuickBooks a great deal. In my present organization, we use QuickBook for every single solidified element. Experience is extremely positive. Our global areas can enter month to month information into QuickBooks, opportune for solidification. Our areas use QuickBooks with a great deal of usefulness. Detailing is basic and legitimate for bookkeeper. It is extremely simple to create pay explanation and monetary record, double tap on any number and fare subtleties in Excel immediately.QuickBooks is all around generally utilized and is incredibly straightforward. It just pursues bookkeeping login without additional reasoning and it is advantageous. You can remove fundamentally anything into Excel in almost no time. You can double tap on any number in asset report or PL report and get full subtleties of records and afterward, sections. With respect to little and medium organizations, it is unquestionably my first decision. Everybody knows QuickBooks. Along these lines, in the event that you use QuickBooks, it is a lot simpler to do enrollment as there are a ton of bookkeepers who know QuickBooks quite well. This makes enlistment for bookkeeping group less testing. Additionally, QuickBooks is so straightforward and there is a ton of preparing given. I additionally like QuickBooks client support - responsive and basic approach to address issues. I work for worldwide organization with US base camp and different universal areas. We use QuickBooks for all substances.

Anonymous

QuickBooks to do accounting needs Quickly

Reviewed 2018-11-07

I have worked as a network assistant in the past and during that time period I have solved a lot user problems related to QuickBooks. When I taught them how to use the software correctly these problems started fading away. I can recommend QuickBooks to any company that wishes to have a good software that caters their accounting needs. QuickBooks comes with a lot of functionalities and these functionalities can be learnt by anyone within a short time period. That is the beauty of QuickBooks. Everyone thinks that when it comes to a software solution that caters accounting and finance needs, it is hard to understand and learn how to use it. But it is not the case in QuickBooks.

Taylor Findley-Scott

Easy, user friendly, very convenient

Reviewed 2018-08-01

It really makes daily accounting work easy and convenient I have used many Intuit based programs, Quickbooks being the most important one. What I like most is the ease and functionality. Anything that you think you may need, QuickBooks has it. Sometimes it can be a little confusing when learning new functions, but QuickBooks breaks it down so easily within the actual program, you will rarely have to call Customer Service. I also like that QuickBooks can be easily integrated with other programs.

Samantha Nies

Great accounting tool - used for multiple entities!

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Accounting, financial reports, payroll, sales taxI use this software to track accounting for 7 different entities - it works really well for us! I'm able to customize the way each entity is set up since they are all so different. I mostly deal with businesses that sell services but also handle entities that sell digital products. QuickBooks tracks all of our sales tax for multiple states and also handles payroll. I love that it is a one-stop-shop for all these details and does a great job with it all!