Saasu Reviews

3.59/5 (22 reviews)

MYOB beater

Reviewed 2016-11-18

Migrated from MYOB was easy as can be expected. Very happy with the multi-user capability unlike our single user MYOB. Customisable dashboard is good for a quick over view of who owes you $, profitability, sales, etc. Built in task list - so you can track your to do's, or assign to other Saasu users. One reservation I had before moving to a cloud accounting solution was the possibility of slowness, but Saasu works very fast.

Pros
Excellent online help as well as customer service. BANK FEEDS!! Excellent to have and probably worth adopting Saasu for this feature alone. Integration - We haven't needed this yet, but apparently it has a comprehensive API so it can link to most other software. Tax tables update automatically. Works beautifully from my ipad so I can work on the road, especially invoice customers. (I actually find the the web version on the ipad better than the actual app.) Unlimited logons. No year end rollover needed - which means all your detailed journals etc are always available, unlike MYOB where we always had to refer to old files. Access controls - there it total control over granting access to Saasu for your staff. For example, you can give access to just Sales, or Purchasing, or Reporting etc. One useful one is giving all your staff a logon so they can see and enter just their own Time sheet.

Cons
We've had no issues with the software. I can't think of any negatives.

Full-featured

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Pros
From my business-owner perspective, Saasu is really easy to work with invoices in/out and pay roll. I love the html invoice templating system, though it has some annoying limitations. Saasu works well and has more/better features than Xero, at a lower price. Xero muscled in with a huge promotional campaign but their actual product is not any better.

Cons
There is no way to quickly list all the invoices written to different people in the same company. This is pretty stupid!

David Stallard

Good product and great value - could be great

Reviewed 2017-07-12

Easy management of all my business accounts at a good value price point.

Pros
Pricing is simple and is affordable for small businesses like mine. Has all the key functionality I need including bank feeds which makes account reconciliations nice and easy. BAS reporting is quick and easy with the built-in reports

Cons
Mobile app is completely useless - need to learn from Xero in this department. Website layout should be centred so it's not crammed to the left on large/hi-res screens.

Pete Cooper

Very Happy

Reviewed 2016-11-24

I have been using Saasu for a few businesses for years now and am very happy with the features, they keep improving it every year and it gets faster or easier every time. The new mobile app is a dramatic improvement on the old one.

Pros
Fast simple but still all the features I like (invoicing, inventory, payroll, general ledger, email invoices, auto transactions, auto invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, api.

Cons
Payroll could be a little easier to use but does everything we need and more.

Chris Firgaira

Saasu review

Reviewed 2016-07-22

I think the product from a customer perspective is quite good, relatively easy to use, fast servers; however, our biggest personal issue was around customer service. I feel like the Saasu team made a mistake in accepting us as Saasu Partners and providing us discounts whilst we apparently weren't eligible. This partnership program incentivised us to introduce other businesses to Saasu, unfortunately we brought on 11 businesses and then were advised we were not longer eligible to be partners as we weren't registered tax agents, didn't have a website and a few other criteria. At the end of the day, we feel as if a mistake in house resulted at the detriment of the customer, I don't wish to quote any emails or discussions but leave it as that we were not satisfied. I wish them all the best

Pros
Speed of servers Reliable System

Cons
Flexibility to resolve issues with customers

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Maria Indemne

Saasu makes our Financial status easy to consolidate! An accounting software that gives great value.

Reviewed 2018-04-06

Pros
accounting and Bookkeeping is easy to manage through Saasu. We can create financial statements real time and updating is simple through its user interface

Cons
Saasu offers similar features to its competitors. Using Saasu is a cost and as a business softwares is a must, having so many competitors , Saasu has a room for improvement.

Anonymous

No customer service. Many bugs. Avoid to save costs.

Reviewed 2019-02-13

Pros
A lot of good features that similar software do not have. Great ERP features. Good price compared with similar products.

Cons
No customer service at all. No phone number to call. A couple of email addresses are available but no one answers them. There are many bugs in the system so good luck getting anyone to look at these. Very large cost to setup this system and have to move away due to zero support.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Andrew Ireland

Great functionality + experience, though the interface can be overly complicated/engineered

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Pros
Innovative, reliable software which gets the job done. More functionality than I can poke a stick at with great support to boot.

Cons
Saasu's reliability/familiarity comes at the cost of currently feeling a bit stagnant/outdated compared to some other competitors. It would be great to have greater ability in customising invoice templates with our business branding

Joe Sweeney

SaaSu to the rescue!

Reviewed 2013-12-16

I did a lot of reviews and trials of accounting solutions before settling on SaaSu for my small business accounting about 3 years ago. I am certainly glad I chose this product: it's grown with my business: from being a simple sole trader, to now being an exporter to the USA with employees in a few locals. With it's automation and bank links, I spend no more than 4 hours a month on my accounts and BAS, yet accountants have commented how clean and professional my book keeping is. And trust me, that is not because I am particularly good at accounting practices!

Pros
Works the way I do business, and does not force me to think like an accountant. Automated bank feeds make booking .keeping a breeze... and very accurate! Multicurrency support. Super easy payroll. Instant overview of my business Inexpensive.

Cons
Needs the internet access, but that's a doddle these days.

Chris Compton

Half Decent Product - None existent Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-03-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We use Saasu across four businesses. Generally, their service and product have been reliable and easy to understand. However, their customer support is atrocious. Since going to email only customer support we have waited 10, 15, 20 days in order to get a response. Issues we have had go unresolved for months.Although a decent product, would not recommend to anyone as when something goes wrong, you're stuck with it. With all of the other products on the market, you fair better with something else.

Pros
Fairly easy to use. Comparable integration with other software.

Cons
Again, no customer service now they have move to email only.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Mark Warburton

Has serious problems

Reviewed 2013-09-23

It is billed as being for small business, but I find that the system seems to have been designed by people who do not run small businesses. They do not have cash-based balance sheets and do not plan to implement this feature in the future (see: https://getsatisfaction.com/saasu/topics/cash_basis_balance_sheets_needed ). They do not offer an easy way to acount for discrepancies between received funds and invoiced funds (due e.g. to bank fees or forex fluctuations). This has to be handled in every transaction by a manual journal transaction, which is a pain to operate if your business has multiple such payments and really minimises the time saving of having a bank feed int he first place. They claim to have this feature in the bank feeds, but this only operates if the bank feed itself identifies the transaction as a bank fee (most of mine do not), so this is again a poorly implemented half-fix for a common situation.

Pros
Multi-user controlled access, more reasonably priced than Xero, bank feeds (incomplete), financial reports (incomplete), attach documentation to transactions.

Cons
Cash-based financial accounting statements not available (only BAS GST cash-based statements), bank feeds integration is a pain if your received amount is not exactly the invoiced amount.

James

User since 2008

Reviewed 2013-04-27

We run the accounts for three separate companies through Saasu. It must be good if an engineer like me was happy was happy to sack his book keeper at do it all himself ! Does everything I need and the usability keeps getting better. Has never let me down. Options for all sorts of businesses from small to large.

Pros
Love the bank feeds. Makes keeping up with the accounts and bank reconciliation to much easier. Simple clean interface. Good user support

Cons
There is a learning curve to go through ... but no worse than any other accounting software. Handling of multiple currencies is a little tricky. Making payments across currencies are not a simple one step process.

Todd W

Saasu is low cost accouting software for small businesses

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-16

I particularly like the ability to automate my recurring sales and expenses. For a business like mine this is very important.

Pros
Low price, enough features for most small businesses including mine and seamless recurring transactions.

Cons
Not the easiest software program to learn but with a little bit of learning you'll save plenty of money versus other accounting software.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Grant Booth-Director Synergy Promotions Australia Pty Ltd

it suits all of our needs

Reviewed 2013-12-15

We have been using SAASU for about 2 years now and are very please with what it offers. For an online accounting system it suits all of our needs and it is quite competitively priced. We used MYOB for 14 years prior to switching over and are glad that we made the switch.

Pros
Competitively priced. Simple and easy to use. Great bank account feed integration. Access from any PC or Apple OS.

Cons
Hanging out for the SAASU APP for android. I know there is an APP for iOS. Pleeese send one soon. Thank you.

PETRO Industrial

The Day of Your Own Server is Over

Reviewed 2013-12-16

Why would you ever run anything other than a Cloud based accounting system. We run branches all over the world, any time, any where we can access our business data without the need to dial into our own servers. No IT department, No costly IT hardware, it's live; it's in the cloud.

Pros
No need for any investment in hardware / No need for an expensive IT department / our information where and when we need it. / Cost Effective / Simple / User Friendly

Cons
Can't honestly think of any

Lloyd Chin

They will permanently delete all your info if you miss a payment

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-27

Pros
Allowed for auto coding and integration with bank account. The interface is okay to use for preparing BAS.

Cons
The customer service is poor. They are not polite. They will delete your file if you miss a payment. They are basically cruel people.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Pete

Loving It

Reviewed 2013-02-04

I have been using Saasu for years. Over time I have used it for more and more businesses. It the only cloud accounting software that covers all the features most businesses need to handle without extra costs (invoicing, inventory, point of sale, mobile, payroll) and it also scales up (volume, channels, mutli-business, multi-currency). Absolutely love it.

Ben

Great app

Reviewed 2014-01-01

Saasu has made my life a lot easier. moving from spreadsheets to using Saasu has saved me a lot of time and money.

Pros
Simple interface Great features Good customer service

Cons
Hasn't got all the reports I'd like Sometimes there are issues with automatic bank feeds

oluwatobi Onu

Best cashflow forecaster

Reviewed 2017-04-15

We at Truppr love Saasu for it's strong accounting features, comprehensive reports, unique cashflow forecaster, and an unlimited amount of users available on all plans. Thank You Saasu

Pros
Unlimited users

Cons
None

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Tarkan Tahseen

Non-existent Customer Support even for a small start-up

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-06-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Price - but not worth the Customer Support headache. Price can be matched by much better competitors.

Cons
Due to 2 months inactivity - my account was inactivated. No warning emails were sent to the registered contact emails. Inactivation stopped me being able to re-subscribe & pay online; also stopped me being able to back-up my accounting data. Critically Customer Support is non existent - the worst I have ever experienced for a paid product/service. Customer Support form link from the Saasu website was broken. Sent several emails to Service email - no responses received (it's 2 weeks and counting). No contact number on web page. No social media presence so no social media customer support (social media links on website are only for you to "like" a Saasu news story). etc Moved to a competitor (and even to this date have heard nothing back from Saasu). For me support is critical - and I ONLY needed the support for a start-up business, no employees etc.

Ayushi Mundra

Made life easier

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Pros
This application automates your invoicing process and has saved me tons of time. I can track my payables and receivables.

Tim Richardson