Synder Logo
Synder

Smart management of e-commerce/online payments in accounting

visit website

Synder Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.3/10

Reviews by rating

Really good customer support (recently [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a big help) and very happy with the software. My only gripe is the price.
I have had such an awesome experience with Synder saving me tons of time on data entry and what makes it really a super smooth experience is that the support team is RIGHT THERE when you need them.
These guys rock at what they do and are dedicated to excellent service. I highly recommend them.
I didn't know the product well enough before, and found it slightly confusing to sync up with my quickbooks. It was hard for me to identify the cause of error, and where it existed.
Its a bit frustrating that you need credits to use it for importing historical data as I am trying to do my accounting for last year but it isn't a nightmare.

BB

Beth B.

Office Manager

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Helpful service!!

Transcript

Beth: Hi, my name is Beth. I'm an office manager for an organic spice and herb company, and I would give...

TF

Tony F.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Synder - Great efficient Product

Great, keep up the great work.

Pros

It's easy to use with great support. Website is easy to fololow.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, works very well. Easy to use.

IP

Isabelle P.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

save time and money

Pros

very easy to integrate, this app saves you time and works seamlessly. great customer support.

Cons

sometimes a bit confusing with the different european VAT rates.

Nicole O.

Needed to sync QBO and Stripe

Pros

I chose to use business payments because it offered a simple way to record my stripe payments in QBO. I accept payment through docusign and did not want to manually enter each payment, especially during my busy season. Business Payments offers great value and is easy to use.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to get the software to link to existing clients, so I do have some duplicate customers. Does not kill my productivity, so I am ok with it. will review when things slow down, as I am sure there is a solution.

RA

Ruben A.

E-Learning, self-employed

Synder Works Great

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this wonderful application. Synder has helped me in a transition period while trying to find a new bookkeeper. Since I'm not so skilled at this, I was especially appreciative of Yar's kind support to help me through the sign-up process. Everything works smoothly, and they are very responsive!

Pros

Sync worked immediately and connected with my Quickbooks without issues. Support staff was very responsive and kind.

Cons

You have to manage the total number of syncs per month and this may involve workarounds if you're importing past transactions.

Jamie S.

Only app to use for Square transaction import into QBO

Pros

By far the best app to use when transfering square transactions into QBO. It imports sales, sales tax, tips, customers profiles, ect for you!! The customer service is par none as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to help me instantly with my questions today and guided me to a solution.

Cons

The only thing I've found that I disliked about the app is the ability to transfer cash payments into another account other then the general account that it pulls all transactions into.

SP

Shana P.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Very Good

I really like it and will continue to use it.

Pros

Very easy to work with. Online chat people are very helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me greatly and took the time to answer all of my questions.

Cons

It was a bit misleading at first, but after online chatting with a rep it became more clear to understand.

el

evelyne l.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

5 Star

Great

Pros

Easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a very nice job answering all my questions. I was very happy with her fast responds. She provided great service and was very informative.

Cons

Nothing. I enjoyed talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She even waited while I was trying out stuff.

WW

Wayne W.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Saved me hours !!

Importing current and historical transactions into Quickbooks

Pros

The web interface is well done, easy to understand without watching videos or reading tutorials.

Cons

It would be better for small businesses to be able to buy more Syncs from the lowest cost package. Business volume fluctuates monthly,

RM

R M.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Time saver

Saves time by importing transactions into Quickbooks automatically.

Pros

Imports sales receipts, fees and payouts from Stripe into Quickbooks online so I don't have to manually enter them.

Cons

Doesn't get the customer address correct but most of that info is not correct in Stripe, so not the fault of this program

JJ

Jeremy J.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great customer support, They actually want to solve your problems

Pros

The automated transaction matching and integration with QuickBooks Online save a whole lot of time. Integration was easy and it allows for multiple connections with payment processors and ecommerce platforms. Customer support is fast and they know what they're talking about. Very helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me out more than once and patiently answers any questions and guides me through anything I need.

Cons

If you've got an existing manual solution it may be hard to swap to this system. It works well with our new business but I couldn't make it work smoothly with our older business which we've been matching manually for a few years. The limited transactions can be annoying if you're just over the 100 transactions a month mark. It feels very expensive especially since it costs more than QBO itself and doubles in price for the 1000 transactions/month tier which is overkill for some small businesses but required during our busy Christmas months. I've had a shipping tax override issue where I've had to manually modify half of my transactions in QBO, I'm expecting this to be fixed in the next couple of weeks with their next update though.

MM

Matthias M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Syncing Square with Synder is a breeze!

This company has the best support people you will ever find. It's 7.20pm here in California, I didn't think anyone would be able to help me at this hour, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available to help me via chat. I got all my locations set up in just a few minutes. I also had a lot of questions and she answered all of them, she knew her stuff. Thank you so much, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! and Synder for how easy to use their system is.

Pros

Best tech support team Easy to use User friendliness

Cons

So far there is nothing I didn't like, this app is great!

BG

Becky G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Simple and easy to connect with QBOnline

I used to have to create journal entries and add fees separate from the transaction and note everything correctly. This does it seamlessly and interfaces with QBOnline easily.

Pros

Helps me to simplify the reconciliation process on QBOnline by streamlining transactions from different payment options.

Cons

So far, the only thing that has confused me is the website is b-payments.com, but the customer support comes from cloudbusinessltd.com, so it can misdirect a new user. Otherwise, once it is set up, there are no hang-ups.

NR

Nicole R.

Accounting, self-employed

Useful app, great service

Good product with outstandingly responsive customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the customer service team are always very fast time to respond and extremely helpful. In this day and age do not discount the value of being able to communicate with a real human person.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, easy to see and choose which transactions to sync, how to integrate with chart of accounts, etc

Cons

The only issue I have with the software is with classes in Quickbooks. If you are using classes in Quickbooks it can be difficult to sync to the correct class. Easy workaround is to sync in batches, change the class in between. Not a major issue even for large volumes.

MH

Meagan H.

Accountant at the Beach

Good.

Pros

It allows Stripe to feed through and properly reflect fees.

Cons

It is a little complicated to get started.

best integration

Its very good love the software.

Pros

the simplicity to view my sales. The transactions are simless and everything seems to be working good.

Cons

the price is little expensive. Dont see why i have to pay for a integration but i understand company should get payed through values.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Does what it says, easy to use

It works, so that gives me what I need!

Pros

Does what it says. It is easy to use and edit the settings.

Cons

Nothing. Wish all syncs were free, but not everything can be free.

VG

Victor G.

Retail, self-employed

Great for Etsy

Support was nice over the phone. Let's see if they are able to get my 50 credits back to me.

Pros

I like that it integrates better than the Etsy integration that they provide for QBO.

Cons

If you roll-back the import, you don't get the credits back.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Lifesaver app for busy monthly subscriptions

Pros

This app helped us streamline our accounts payable 10x by managing the flow of transactions from Stripe and Paypal. My bookkeepers are happy and we literally shaved a couple days off of accounting work. It syncs all transactions into QBO and closes open invoices, records payouts, etc. It even can manage a rollback if an issue occurs.

Cons

It applies payment to the last open invoice which makes sense - but the customer ID process is a bit tricky. If for example we are using a different customer email in QBO from Stripe - it creates a duplicate customer and invoice to record the payment. Leaving the original invoice unpaid - and a bit of a clean up job. On the other hand - this helped us better organize our client details and in the process we cleaned up our accounts.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Business Payments Review

Well, I believe that the main tip is to try to sync just 1 txn, for a vivid picture. After that, I can turn it into the autosync mode and gets my transactions into the QBO company.

Pros

That application is a great automatic tool for my current money flow. It's simple to use because of an intuitive interface.

Cons

Despite the fairly large number of settings, the automatic default settings on initial setup are working correctly, after the sync my accounts stay balanced.

SR

Sheri R.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Synder Support

Excellent! We are new to Synder but so far it has been a seemless transition. I had to make a change to our process today and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on chat to walk me through it every step of the way and didn't jump out until my change was completed successfully.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent! Walked us through the setup of the product and had us going in an hour

Cons

Not always intuitive where to find the item you need to update

TR

Trenton R.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

SImplify The Process

This App has made the integrating of Payal Transactions with Quickbooks simply saving time and eliminating problems.

Pros

This APP simplifies acccounting and integration of PayPal with Quickbooks saving time, and eliminating the complexity of accounting for the novice. It is easy to set Up and thus track Profits & Loss & Taxes . Nice Tool.

Cons

Price: This App Could Be More affordable at the higer tiers to attract Statup Ventures

Donna S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great option for moving paypal data to quickbooks

We have been using Business Payments for Paypal transactions only at this point. It works without errors and can even back out and re-apply transactions if something goes wrong.

Pros

Very flexible with many options for how you post transactions.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, the settings take alot of thought to set up properly.

RB

Reggie B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Really Good Program and Customer Support

I had a really good experience with my trial and the customer support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great.

Pros

it made integration with Quickbooks easy

Cons

it could be made easier to match existing customers.

RC

Rhonda C.

Publishing, self-employed

Stripe Transactions to QBO Automatically

am trying to reduce data entry time

Pros

I like that it runs automatically and that it has an unsync feature in case I made a mistake.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first to set up with my QBO account.

CV

Candice V.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Easy To Set Up & Track Payments

So far so good.

Pros

I'm using this with my Quickbook account. It makes tracking all the expenses and payments that I get easy. I got setup with one click and now tax time is going to be a breeze. It also makes compliling PIL statements much easier.

Cons

So far I haven't run into any. I would say that it was a little clunky to figure out how to add all my accounts.