Zoho Invoice Reviews

Zoho Invoice

Online Invoicing, Billing and Time Tracking

4.61/5 (293 reviews)

Pros
  • It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.Nicholas T.Read the full review
  • Zoho Invoicing keeps track of all my outstanding and paid invoicing or each client. They have made it perfect with the latest update.Regina H.Read the full review
  • Setting up an invoice through Zoho is incredibly simple and that's what I love most about the product. M a fan of the timers that appear on screen, which are helpful and easy to use.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Limited to only 50 customers on our plan or you have to pay more.Himanshu S.Read the full review
  • I found it a hard time to change the currency of any specific invoice, and also customizing invoices as per the need is a bit confusing.Ashwini P.Read the full review
  • If I had to be really picky, it is a little annoying that that IOS app doesn't have all the features of the website.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Julieanne Gee

Great value

Reviewed 2020-02-02

Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

Pros
I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

Cons
Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

Response from Zoho

Hi Julieanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes.

Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com

Matthew Veil

Great invoicing tool for small businesses

Reviewed 2019-11-25

Overall good customer service and good product. We tried different ways to implement the recurring feature that most of our clients would use. We wanted to auto deduct recurring invoices and it didn't have that feature, otherwise, we probably would have stayed with it. We did use Zoho subscriptions for that.

Pros
It was quick to get up and running. The software is fairly easy to navigate and provides professional looking invoices that are downloadable by my customers. My favorite feature is the reminder feature, once you send out an invoice the software can send out automated reminders for the client to pay in case they don't see it in their email the first time or get busy and forget (cause an email will be forgotten eventually, as good intentioned as we all are). Definitely good for people starting out and small businesses that don't have a lot of clients. The price point is low for starting out, usually a lot less than other software I've seen and used. And if you use Zoho CRM, in can integrate with that.

Cons
For me personally, I was using the software for invoicing website development customers, and once you get done, apart from web hosting, you are done. And over the past few years, I hit my max level and I don't feel like its much of a benefit to have past customers count towards my limit. Some of which are small jobs. I think it would be better if you have the same customers you invoice regularly.

Response from Zoho

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the review!

We are happy to know the automatic reminders and the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM were of help to you.

Regarding recurring transactions, it's good to hear that Zoho Subscriptions caters to your needs but since Zoho Invoice itself has recurring invoices and the ability to auto-charge your customers, we would like to know a little more on it.

You can reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com so that we can understand your requirements better.

Griselda Maybee

A LOT PROBLEMS TO LOG IN, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO HELP...

Reviewed 2020-05-18

Take forever to log in when for some reason i get log out. ALWAYS to many problems to log in....

Pros
Easy to use on the simplest doing invoices

Cons
The template i could chose i love it and is easier for what i need

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Nicholas Tzavis

good software - some useful features

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Overall it got the job done with creating invoices but we ultimately cancelled the subscription. It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.

Pros
we used this software mostly to create intercompany and corporate invoices to vendors. I liked how you can set them up on a recurring basis, customize recipients and the look of the invoice and that you could access on your mobile device.

Cons
didn't integrate with our main accounting software so it was a lot of double entry. I also didn't like how every part of Zoho was a different section and product and price. For just Zoho invoice it was expensive and confusing for some users, being unable to use other parts of the system

Response from Zoho

Dear Nicholas,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

We understand that you felt the product to be expensive and that some of your users found it could be more intuitive. Sorry about that. If you are ready to give us a chance, we are happy to schedule a call, know your requirements and suggest the best plan.

We believe the import/export functionalities and our REST APIs could help you with pushing the data to your accounting platform. Just drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com and we shall get in touch with you.

We would love to have you back with us!

Thobane Vumindaba

Great App

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Zoho invoice makes it easier for me to create invoices on the go and be able to share them with my customers and also be able to track the transactions and history for all my clients

Pros
What I like the most about Zoho invoice is that it is easy to use and has all the necessary tools that you will need to create, send and file proper invoices

Cons
What I like the least about this software is that it’s a bit difficult to access the Control Panel and be able to configure some of the settings

Response from Zoho

Dear Thobane,

Thanks for the review!

We are glad to know that you are able to create invoices on-the-go and share it with your customers easily.

Regarding accessing the settings, we love to know more on which part of the configuration you found to be a little hard to reach. You can reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com when you have the time and we shall pass on your feedback to our design team.

Robbie Andersen

Great free option if you only bill in one currency for a couple of clients.

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Generally been very happy with it for what I needed it for, billing a couple of clients in Euros.

Pros
It's free. Once set up, it's pretty easy to use. Professional looking invoices. Nice way to keep track of all expenses and payments.

Cons
Not really possible to bill in different currencies to a client. Have to just choose one and stick with it.

Response from Zoho

Dear Robbie,

Thanks for reviewing us.

While it's not [yet] possible to bill the same customer in multiple currencies, you can clone the customer and save it with a different currency. This could serve as a workaround for now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com

Anthony Militano

Essential invoicing software for freelancers

Reviewed 2020-04-08

As a freelancer, invoicing can be time-consuming, messy, and frustrating. Zoho Invoice eliminates all of these flaws and provides a convenient way to get paid.

Pros
Online payment processing, recurring invoices, automated emails, and a client portal

Cons
Nothing. I loved everything about this software.

Alex Kinter

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

Reviewed 2020-02-04

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

Pros
I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

Cons
I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :)

We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested.

Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com

Harshad Patil

Invoicing in Your Hand

Reviewed 2019-09-22

A Perfect Billing/Invoicing Solution For Startup & Mid Range Business. Daily I Use This Application For Billing. I Can Manage All My Cusotmers Billing & Payment Details on My Mobile.

Pros
Main feature is software is cloud baised, so you can access it anywhere like mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop. You can generate invoice for your customers in just 10-15 second that is bigest advantage of this application and they also provide free version with limited access so anyone check its features and then can buy.

Cons
i dont find any issue with this application, only new user will takes some time to understand its functionality.

Response from Zoho

Hello Harshad,

Thanks a ton for the review!

We feel excited to know that you are able to handle invoicing on the go using Zoho Invoice. Since we are now gathering feedback from users regarding their invoicing experience using the mobile app, feel free to drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com with the details of the app you use (Android/iOS).

We look forward to hear from you!

Anonymous

One of the most underatted Invoicing platform!

Reviewed 2020-02-08

Great. Been using it for 7 years now! I guess the best invoicing platform available out there today!

Pros
It's got everything a company might require when it comes to invoicing. Especially the way they adapted to the GST tax slab that was introduced in India.

Cons
Old school UI. For a platform in 2020, there's a lot of room for improvement when it comes to UI.

Response from Zoho

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review! It's great to know that you trust Zoho Invoice for about 7 years and we are privileged to have you with us :)

Regarding the UI, I would love to know your ideas/suggestions! Please feel free to drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com. We look forward to hear from you.

Andy Johnston

Mr

Reviewed 2017-05-29

Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros
Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons
The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Dale Luke

I just switched from the "improved" FreshBooks to Zoho Invoice.

Reviewed 2018-01-16

It meets most of my invoicing and time tracking needs, and at an over 50% reduction in monthly costs.

Pros
My small consulting firm has used Freshbooks for a couple of years. Recently they "upgraded" their product and I lost very basic functionality that I relied on day-to-day. While not perfect, Zoho Invoice provides most of that functionality and at an over 50% drop in price. I really like the previous FreshBooks solution, and would have eagerly embraced the new, but you cannot release a new version that supports so much less functionality that the last. OK, off that soap box. Zoho Invoice so far seems easy to use, with a few caveats I will spell out in the next section. The customization is great (almost, but not quite, to a fault). Some of what I consider basic functions for a consulting environment are available. Including the expense receipt images on the PDF invoice (HELLO FRESHBOOKS!!!) are very simple.

Cons
Three things. But keep in mind that even with these three things I find Zoho Invoice better suited to my needs over my current solution; Provide the option to include the expense date on the invoice!!!!! This is very basic and very needed. I see from reviews that people have been asking for this for several years. Provide a field for expense vendor. Sure I can setup a custom field, but when you get to the invoice you cannot access custom fields at the detail level. Provider the option to include the expense author on the invoice. I usually have two to three of us on an engagement all entering expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc. By including the author, the client can easily see from whom the expense is coming from. To get around these shortcomings, I have my group enter expenses in a very specific way that includes these information in the notes field. Not optimal, but still works.

Marta Vilaplana

It is a "must have" for start-ups

Reviewed 2017-11-15

As I have already said, this program is perfect for a startup, since it is so easy to use and very useful, so I strongly recommend them to use it. But the best thing is the fact that you can integrate it with other Zoho apps, and I can say from my own experience that this is really helpful, since you can control every aspect of you enterprise accounting in only one program.

Pros
It is a very useful and easy software, specially for small start-ups. It allows you to easily make invoices, recurrent invoices, manage them as you wish, etc. Also, you can personalize them, since you can do your own templates, although they provide you with some. But the most important thing is that you can integrate Zoho Invoice with all other Zoho applications, such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Expense, Zoho Mail, etc. and, by this, have several different departments of your enterprise in the same page. That's what I find most useful.

Cons
Honestly, I haven't found any problem with this program, but if I had to say something, I would say that the only negative things are small details that some times may be bothering but, at the end, are not relevant. An example of these little things could be when you make a mistake in an invoice and then you cannot modify it. It is true that you should not modify an invoice once it has been sent, but in some occasions I know I could do it without any problem.

Nathan Sichilongo

Zoho is a great invoicing tool for small businesses

Reviewed 2018-05-19

Pros
Zoho Invoice is a great invoicing tool that allows you to track invoices and payments for services and products. 1) The ability to design your own invoice template to use. Customization is easy but also designer friendly. 2) Tracking payments and expenses from one place. The name may fool you but Zoho Invoice also lets you track time and other expenses related to your business or invoice. This is great for basic bookkeeping. 3) Invoice management is second to none. You can create draft invoices, recurring invoices and others all with a few clicks, the email template is also great as you do not have to write emails. 4) Customer Statements are invaluable. Being able to send a customer a statement of all invoices plus payments they have made is a Godsend for business. Zoho Invoice may not have all the bells and whistles of Zoho Books but it is an affordable alternative to someone who does not want the accounting side of things but want to still have a basic overview of their financial standing as a business.

Cons
1) Zoho Invoice does not have a feature that allows you to know when a client has seen an email about a payment. This means you may not know if a client has seen your email unless they acknowledge it. 2) My continued gripe with Zoho mobile apps for Android still rings true. While the mobile app has the basic functions of the web interface, compared to iOS, the Android app just does not function as well. 3) The Client Portal does not offer much functionality to a client other than to check their statements, the process of communication has to be started by you to give an estimate and so on. If there was a way to allow a client to also initiate communication from the portal, it would be better.

Jorge David Calderon Valderrama

IDEAL AND EXCELLENT FOR BILLING SMALL BUSINESSES

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Depending on your business, billing is very easy and affordable for services, schedules and articles

Pros
For young employees it is easy enough to add the products and their costs, and i can keep track of the schedules that have been created and included from the office or the cellular device, in addition to that I can send my clients the invoices by email in PDF formats

Cons
I am somewhat general about the billing information, and it may only be a whim of mine, but I would like to have more control of the information in my invoices. For example, my start time, end time, assignment name and some notes I want to write for each assignment billed to my clients

Response from Zoho

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for reviewing Zoho Invoice. We are happy to know Zoho Invoice has been helping you with your business invoicing.

Regarding your requirement, we presume that you would like to have separate fields for all the information. If that's the case, you can use custom fields to capture additional information. In case this is not what you are looking for, do write to support@zohoinvoice.com, our support team will be more than happy to assist you with your requirement.

Zoho Invoice Team

Alejandro Urrea

Perfect for a small company

Reviewed 2017-09-06

With a low cost, I can manage my operations, sales and inventory. All in every device.

Pros
This is exactly what I was searching for. An app to do quotes, invoices, inventory, costs. All link together, on the cloud, on every device I have. I use this on the go, in my iPad. I use this on my office with the browser app. All link together. Also you get to manage sales people. I can check who send the quote. My dashboard tells me of accounts that have not paid, and the projected sales for the month. Literally I cannot imagine my operations without it. Easy to set up! logo and also very easy to customize to spanish.

Cons
Probably the lack of customer support. Being a huge company Zoho lacks of easy to find customer support/knowledge, so it is difficult to learn more about what to do with some options on the app.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for reviewing us.

Zoho Invoice provides 24*5 email, chat and call support. We also have user guide, forums and blogs to help our customers find what they are looking for. You can always send a mail to support@zohoinvoice.com, we would be more than happy to help you.

Anonymous

Freelancers will fall in love!

Reviewed 2019-01-23

Wonderful! Can't say enough about Zoho Invoicing component!

Pros
After having tried to find solutions that are cloud-based, available on multiple devices and is easy to use, this is absolutely the best economic solution! I am a part-time design freelancer with many clients to balance jobs/AP/AR, needless to say, I needed an easy to use solution that I can quickly find, send, follow-up or expense items. This is by far the best option for that type of invoicing! -Customizable -Detailed reports & dashboards -Estimates -Terms & conditions -Easy entries by client -Sortable -Can use on desktop & mobile -Timesheets (although I don't utilize this function)

Cons
Honestly, I have yet to find a flaw for my needs. This is such a wonderful solution for small to midsize businesses and perhaps nonprofits. Not sure how well it would fare for larger organizations.

Justin Neal

Nothing different than other software

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-23

The best part of the software is definitely the front facing client portal. This helps us keep clients informed. We may roll this back out in the future due to this feature.

Pros
Zoho is a solid piece of software. Love that they have a client portal! Clients can login and see their amount due on a project and make payments. They can accept estimates and change orders and pay immediately. This helps us get our money fast!

Cons
We ended up choosing Freshbooks, but only because Freshbooks was more intuitive. This is a great software for anyone that doesn't like Freshbooks.

Response from Zoho

Dear Justin,

Thanks for reviewing us.

We are happy to know that you liked the client portal that Zoho Invoice offers.

However, it's unfortunate for us that you chose to leave. If you can spare a few minutes and drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com, we could know more details on the reasons behind your decision.

We would love to have you with us!

Melanie Evans

Excellent Invoice and Time Tracking Software for Freelancers and Small Businesses

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Excellent time tracking and accounting functionality at the excellent price!

Pros
The first obvious pro is that for a single freelancer this software is free at a fully functional level. Given that other alternatives I have made use of in the past cost at least p/m, often more, for the same, or even less, functionality, it's a great choice indeed. Also very impressive is the level of functionality available. I currently maintain a 35 client active client database, can track time for and bill them all, receive payment in several different ways including PayPal and M/Visa and get excellent reports with a few clicks on all kinds of aspects of my account activity.

Cons
Sometimes the settings can be a little hard to adjust, you may have to dig deep to figure some things out, but after two years of use, I do pretty much have it figured out now.

Shane Stiles

One of the Best!

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Zoho Invoice had almost everything we needed. The customization was great, the way they had line items setup was perfect. They accepted both Paypal and Stripe right out of the gate with no wonky overlays. It is a little bit of a no-frills system visually but it does everything you want it to do. Then there's the price, for what you pay you really cannot beat this platform.

Cons
The only reason we switched away from the Zoho Invoice service was integrations. When we implemented Proposify it didn't integrate with Zoho Invoice but had a seamless integration with Freshbooks. If Zoho Invoice had more integrations (non-Zapier) it would be great.

Response from Zoho

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the review.

It's good to know you liked the online payment integrations we have. Regarding the integration with Proposify, we are sorry that it's not available right now. But, if we roll it out in the future, we shall let you know.

That said, if you are interested, we can discuss how can set up the connection between these apps using our APIs.

Ashwini Pandit

A best invoicing app so far

Reviewed 2019-10-15

We are drafting and sending monthly and annual invoices of our restaurants to our clients online without requiring them to visit them physically, which has saved our time and effort to a great extent.

Pros
Zoho Invoice is super simple to sign up and start using it immediately. Also, it is very easier to create, send, and track the invoices with its user-friendly dashboard.

Cons

Response from Zoho

Dear Ashwini,

Thanks for reviewing us.

We are glad to know you find Zoho Invoice helpful to manage your monthly and annual invoices.

Regarding changing the currency and customizing the invoices, we would love to get in touch and help you out quickly.

Kindly drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com so that we can schedule a call at your convenient time.

Randeep Kumar

Zoho invoice assists in sending invoices, receiving payments and provides reminders about pending payments.

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Pros
For a startup company, safeguarding finances and using it wisely is of great importance for the survival of the company. The features Zoho invoice provide are simply worthy as compared to its price. It is so easy to maintain invoices, receivables, expenses and many others. One of its prominent is the multiple currency feature. And as far as personalization is concerned, they have made custom templates highly personalized. All in all, it is a must-have application for startups.

Cons
The app seems to be biased towards iOS more than Android. It works better on Apple devices as compared to Android devices. Also adding a feature, wherein one could know if the client has opened the email about payment would be quite good as it would remove any unwanted friction.

Gabriel Maxwell

Very sleek and simple, but is it worth the price?

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Pros
What I absolutely love about this product is the simplicity of the interface, and the ease of which I can customize my invoices and organize my clients. Its really nice to be able to have everything you need to invoice all in one central location. (address book, invoice editor, payment organization and tracking, etc) I also love that the interface itself changes based on your personal branding, and that it incorporates that into your invoices, so that your clients see something cohesive and professional (once they open the email attachments) without you having to do much work behind the scenes to make it happen.

Cons
It is definitely handy to have all of your tools in one place, however all of those things I could also do myself almost as easily. This app saves you time setting up for sure, but once you have your own templates in other editing software such as InDesign or Microsoft word, it makes this platform almost obsolete. The advantage of having a central location is almost not worth the price, and I am thinking of just going back to doing my own work. I am also not a fan of the emails that get sent to my clients with Zoho branding (they see my branding and invoice after clicking to open a link, which is a bit redundant). I would like to see this app step up their game with something a little more innovative to make the price worth it, or reduce the price of the software. It's just not worth it by my standards.

Elise Richardson

Great Value For the Money

Reviewed 2019-09-30

I've used Zoho from it's free version to where my business has needed to evolve to the paid tiers. It's a great solution for smaller businesses and I enjoy all of the online functionality that it affords us. The ability to accept payments online and create an entire estimate to invoice system has been invaluable. Support is good too.

Pros
Easy to setup and start invoicing. I like the online payment features and customer portals. Ability to approve and decline estimates online is really helpful and I like that it will auto-invoice.

Cons
Can be difficult to find template settings if you're not familiar with it. Can be hard to find some of their great features. For example, they have pre-set functionality that you can insert into the templates that I wasn't looking at because it was named something else.

Response from Zoho

Hi Elise,

Thank you so much for the review!

It's good to know that you are able to manage estimates, invoices and payments through Zoho Invoice.

Regarding the templates, if you could drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com, it would be great! We like to know the features and functionalities that you found difficult to find, so that we can enhance your experience further.

Arung Isyadi

A tool for small business that would really like to keep their booking managed

Reviewed 2018-11-14

I needed a software to manage my income and outcome report but also helps me to keep track of the business prospects and marketing targetting. Came across this software with keywords "Invoice tool with marketing features", use it and I love it how I can control my marketing staffs in making an offer and track the follow-ups records. Another thing I love about this software is the currency switcher, since my products are sold in USD and IDR, also since Paypal exchange currency rate is lower than the market this tool rate customizer really comes in handy.

Pros
The simplicity, the currency exchange rate customizer, the simple report system, the Paypal option to receive payment, and the mobile app that works.

Cons
The loading time took a bit if it's opened from a weak internet signal. Not important