Aesthetic Record

Cloud-based practice management system for aesthetic clinics

Aesthetic Record Reviews

Hillary T.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE aesthetic record. I seriously couldn't have built it to what I have within a year without them.

Hillary T.

Good functionality for medspa- their foto comparison is really helpful and overall easy to use. Online booking is a nice feature for patients and charting is pretty easy.

Ginger B.

Ashley b.

Jacqui S.

Scott G.

4.3

Easy to use and great value!

Pros

I've been using this software for about 6 months. I switched over from another aesthetic EMR platform due to cost. Aesthetic record offers all the necessary features of the more costly platforms for a fraction of the price. It even has features the more expensive platforms do not have.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like. Customer service is a message system within the app rather than speaking to a person over the phone. However, it is still immediate and has solved my issues or answered by questions almost immediately.

Best Software for Business Big or Small!

The staff at Aesthetic Record are always there to answer any questions I have - the text option on the app is easy to use, and I know I'll get a prompt response every time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were super flexible in booking my teaching seminars and made my onboarding process a breeze! The YouTube videos are incredibly helpful whenever I need a quick "how to" or refresher.

Pros

Firstly, how inexpensive this software is. I was shocked to learn how affordable it was, especially as a small business over. I also love how versatile Aesthetic records is. I can do everything from place product orders, to host virtual consultations (which is critical in today's climate) to collect payment, distribute gift cards, and so much more! This software also gives me peace of mind come tax season - I know all of my financial information is accurate, organized, and up to date.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about this software.

Failure to launch

Some of the reps were helpful and they were professional - unfortunately they are difficult to reach without 2-4 days advanced online scheduling which does no good to a busy practice. There was no flow to the training and they kept charging me month after month knowing we weren’t able to even implement the program or use it at all. After months of exhausting all the time & staff resources this was still not functional or useable in any way for us to even try it on one single client. We wasted so much $$ w staff time and energy and have asked for our $$ back yet nothing has happened and we are still being charged. I literally created my own system a few days after becoming so frustrated- and it’s working better than AR.

Pros

I loved the promise of what this software could do. EMR with electronic prescriptions, telemedicine, patient portal, etc... This was the 2nd time giving it a chance after 2 years prior when the glitches were abundant. Unfortunately w all the “updates” it still didn’t work as promised.

Cons

Incredibly cumbersome to attempt to set up. Company accepts no phone calls- any attempt to contact must be scheduled online for a meeting that is not 24/7 as indicated. No organization to the training at all. Just pieces all over the place. You have to re-enter every detail into a basically blank database. They say takes about 2 weeks- sure- maybe if you can devote 8-10 hrs a day to it for 14 days. It runs so slow- that by the time the photos are taken and done loading, I would normally be done with my client. The check out process is very very long and slow as well. So much duplication of effort and redundant clicks it’s insane.

Jacqui, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Feedback is so important to us so we can continue to grow and maximize what Aesthetic Record can do for our clients. Since your initial onboarding, we have added a new training and onboarding process that we hope maximizes how our customers are able to build and implement our system successfully into their practices. Our ePrescribe will be launching as well! Again, we are always continuing to grow and I am sorry that our communication didn't come sooner to turn this around for you. -Nikki

Aesthetics EMR keeps getting better

We’ve been with AR from it’s start and have been impressed by their ongoing efforts to make it the best. Support is awesome. Chat requests are answered immediately, and followed up by email documentation. AR staff are quick to realize if voice communication is necessary.

Pros

Flexibility in being able to mould the software to suit our needs. If one is slow to adapt to new EMR, one can role out one piece at a time. If one is prepared to jump in, AR offers everything necessary.

Cons

Hard to say. Updates may seem too frequent at times. We’ve never been interrupted by a update fail, so that’s great!

Customer Service

Customer service is EXCELLENT. Very responsive - I was online with an agent from about 4 pm this afternoon until about 7:15 pm to resolve a critical issue. The agent identified my problem and took action. The reason it took 3 hrs was because he had to call one of the administrators of the company on a Sunday afternoon who took his call and helped to resolve my issue. Now that is customer service....

Pros

Not into it just yet since I was just made the official administrator today. Will post updated review and impressions later.

Cons

A little hard to navigate and find what I need however, I just discovered that an employee set herself up as the administrator which may be why I have not been able to do all the things I have needed to do to get this program up and running efficiently. I will update my review once I am able to actually run this program as the real administrator.

Easy to use and lots of features.

Pros

Let me start off by saying I did a great deal of research before deciding on Aesthetic Record. I reached out to about a dozen of these software companies and finally got convinced with this software because of the capabilities. For one, adding people to use the software and teaching them to do everything so is a breeze. Second, making a new chart during a procedure is super quick and my patients sign consents right on the iPad app they have plus I can always see any services or products my patients have ever used. Third, it is very customizable; you can change consents or questionnaires anytime easily. Our patients like the app because making appointments is quick and painless and our clinic has never been busier and yet it all feels so smooth!

Cons

We have been waiting for the POS feature to come out for some time. I get that new developments take time but just wish it was faster. Our account manager is always helpful though which is nice.

Highly recommend

Highly recommended - I spent months researching and trialing EMR products until I found AR for our company. I tried all the big names, the expensive, and the free - nothing compares. Amazing representatives to work with as we first rolled out AR all the way through now as we have grown to a much bigger company using almost all of the features of AR.

Pros

Easy to use, very functional, all-in-one type serivces

Cons

Overall I can not complain, any little glitch or issue that I may have had was resolved pretty quickly. They really treat you like you are their #1 client and work with you

great customer service and a great product!

EMR charting solution, track coolsculpting procedures easily, HIPPA compliant, great customer service, online booking

Pros

easy to use, it keeps my practice organized, and I love the photo charting. I recently started using POS with AR and i love it. The on-boarding process was smooth, they sent me a card reader and was able to take payments very quickly. I am grateful that I can now track packages sold within my practice and AR automatically track sessions remaining within each clients profile, this has been a huge time saver for us.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality for email campaigns, i know they are currently creating this but wish it was here sooner.

Has some MAJOR glaring flaws - more

has potential but they need to do some updates ASAP

Pros

the chat box for support. very responsive. HIPAA compliant

Cons

Has some major design flaws - patients cannot enter in their birth date when they are filling out a new patient questionnaire. you cannot see at-a-glance if a patient ever filled out a health history - you have to open every single patient visit to go searching for it. Whenever a patient arrives in the waiting room - you have to 1.) ask them their birth date in front of everyone, 2) give them the questionnaire,...

Thanks for your review! I wanted to shed some light to a couple of the items written within your review: 1. patients have access to a patient portal, they can login to the portal and securely fill out any private information. Therefore if they need to add their DOB or address to their account that allows an easy and private way for the to do so. Within the portal they can also fill out questionnaires...

User Friendly

I love that aesthetic record is adding more and more feature. Soon I believe they will have everything a medical needs so small businesses like mine will be able to just function off one software program. The customer support is excellent and they are willing to take suggestions.

Pros

I love that you can sign and send charts to a medical director for review and I love charting from the App.

Cons

Just still waiting for a few features so I can get rid of my other software system.

So close, yet SOOO far

No program is perfect. Everyone has to make adjustments. The company has made more effort in ensuring they will not have to deal with them then helping.

Pros

The aesthetic look and web access is solid. It has good intentions to be better than others, but the execution falls well short.

Cons

The absolute worst part of this company is they do not let anyone converse through any median except texting via the program. No phone support or email. If you have a complicated questions you need to book time days in-advance to have screen share. If you have a problem you need fixed in a timely manner there is no way to do it. This is a large program that has glitches like all others. The work...

Hi Scott- Thanks for leaving a review about your experience with Aesthetic Record. I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with the platform. We have gotten on phone calls several times, and as we don't have a direct phone number you know that you can always request a call back through chat. When you request a call back we call you and we speak to get issues resolved. We do have an email...

The calendar and booking are a nightmare

This is a software that means well but falls short on execution and user interface.

Pros

It works on the iPad, iPhone, so very portable.

Cons

The developers need to actually sit down for a day and just learn what it's like to schedule patients all day long. POS and all the other features they are adding are nice but the core of the software - the calendar will drive a man insane. It takes 7 clicks to book someone's appointment. I cringe everytime someone calls to reschedule because it is such a chore with this software. You cannot slide...

Too many glitches

We are a growing MedSpa and initially liked AR for it's low cost and promised capabilities. However, over the last year we have had countless issues with appointments being hidden, double booked, deleted etc. The promised memberships are full of glitches also, which prevents us from using it for that reason. In general it causes us a ton of extra work and upset patients. Definitely don't recommend. Maybe in a few years , but then again the customer service gets worse as they seem to grow.

Pros

Able to login from anywhere. Cheap if you're a small business with few employees.

Cons

Constant glitches and bad customer service. There's no phone number they require you chat for every problem, which gets very time consuming and difficult to actually get anything fixed. We've had such terrible problems with the software double booking, deleting appointments, hiding appointments, etc. At first I was patient but I have completely lost my patience, especially because they are not helpful in fixing and thoroughly looking into issues. Looking to switch asap, which is a huge job and a big disappointment.

Hi Ashley, I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with the software. I would love to schedule a call with you to work through any of your concerns. Please email me at info@aestheticrecord.com and we will schedule a call to get these items worked through.

Aesthetic Record is the best we found!

As with any new process there is a learning curve. The support staff at AR truly made it as painless as possible.

Pros

The support for both implementation and training are second to none. The response time is the best of any software tool we use for our business. I can't say enough good things about the ease of getting in touch with a real human being. They don't hide behind a support ticket process or email submission form. If you need help you will be in contact with a live human being within a few minutes. There are very few companies left out there will this support philosophy. It's outstanding!

Cons

There are still a few quirks that we are working through but they are minor, really minor. We did free trials of many different programs and this one worked best with our business model by a mile.

BEST software for my business!

Seriously amazing customer service.

Pros

This software has been instrumental in helping me build my business! I left a big medspa a year ago and went into a solo practice. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE aesthetic record! I seriously couldn't have built it to what I have within a year without them. They save me time which makes me more money. Their system is easy, robust and great customer service. Plus they LISTEN and implement new features! You won't regret purchasing it!

Cons

The credit card processing company they use is a little too expensive so I process my credit cards separately.

Fabulous platform!

Very helpful business team- they don't just send you the platform and you are struggling to finesse the use of it- I can always get support either online or by phone- very strong staff support. This is what, I feel, will make their business so successful. Fantastic to work with all the time!

Pros

Ease of use, professional presentation, detailed documentation with HIPPA compliance.

Cons

I wish the before and after pictures were a bit easier to use- I tend to use an app on my phone for better control over the pictures- may be operator error! LOL

Frustrating

Pros

Cons

The software itself is very glitchy, the calendar is hard to manage as it always blocks you at random times or doesn't allow you to move appointments around etc. But most importantly, communication is TERRIBLE! If you have an issue, there is no way of getting someone on the phone to help. I've had issues w multiple things since signing up that have made it very frustrating and impossible to run the...

I enjoy the features and open communication with Aesthetic Record!

Love it!!!!

Pros

I love the photos feature, I compare visit to visit with my clients and it helps them to see their progress. Prior to using AR I would have to constantly convince my clients of their progress.

Cons

I didn't like the charting or lack of charting for facials. It is great and easy for the injectors to chart but not for facials.

Aesthetic Record

I’ve been extremely pleased with customer service when I have any issues. If it’s not something they can fix immediately, they follow up accordingly.

Pros

User friendly, multi platform capability (desktop/laptop, iPad, iPhone), online chat option

Cons

Unable to check out patients via desktop —must be done on iPad; doesn’t talk to quickbooks

Poor Company

Pros

Easy to handle and learn. Easy to look up clients and information.

Cons

This System is always down. We stopped making appointments on this app because there would be so many difficulties with clients trying to find there appointment or confirmation. We've had to use paper for consent and charting so many times due to your server being down. Its either one thing or another. I do not recommend using this for your company. I will be telling people that are in the same business as me to not use your company!

I live this program

Everything I need all electronically - no paper

Pros

The program has all you need in your aesthetic practice at your fingertips. Client info, consents, self scheduling, and before and after photos. It makes my practice so easy and streamlined!

Cons

It gets a little confusing between the app and the website.

Amazing software

I have been very pleased. The cost of the program is amazing for small and the functionality is perfect.

Pros

It is easy to use and thorough. I Enjoy having charts available at all ties on any device.

Cons

It was hard to learn at first However the customer service was amazing from the company and they walked me through each step

Very easy to use, easy to get charts in, awesome pictures

Easier practice management

Pros

Easy to use, easy to upgrade/downgrade as needed, very good picture quality, loads quickly and is cloud based.

Cons

Takes a bit of getting used to, but after a day or so of using it, it becomes second-nature to most people at our practice.

A must-have for any aesthetic service!

My experience has been great so far. I truly feel my business could not function without this product, and I highly recommend it for anyone starting their own aesthetic service!

Pros

I love how this software is all inclusive. I can literally do everything I need to do within it, from charting, to inventory, POS, all of it! And the customer service is superb, I have gotten all of my questions answered in a timely manner and Jessica has been gratin working with me one-on-one to get my business up and running smoothly.

Cons

I could not say anything bad about this software and the employees that operate it.

Intuitive and easy to use, AMAZING customer support

So far so good! Hoping to save a lot of time with online records and EMR.

Pros

I have only just started using Aesthetic Record but so far have found it very intuitive and easy to use. I find that I can click around and figure out most things. On the items I have had questions about, or the many questions I had when just researching software, the customer service has been on point. Representative, in particular, has been very responsive, friendly, and helpful. The price is also great for a new company with few users!

Cons

Mostly nitpicking here- A library of consent forms etc would have been helpful, in particular, but at least you can customize your own Unable to add logo to forms but they are working on adding that function Payment swiper only integrates with iPad for now but they are also working on that I believe