Aesthetic Record Logo

Cloud-based practice management system for aesthetic clinics

Aesthetic Record Reviews

Suggested alternatives

aestheticspro
zenoti
nextech-emr-pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE aesthetic record. I seriously couldn't have built it to what I have within a year without them.
They save me time which makes me more money. Their system is easy, robust and great customer service.
Good functionality for medspa- their foto comparison is really helpful and overall easy to use. Online booking is a nice feature for patients and charting is pretty easy.
They have terrible customer service. They require you to chat for all problems and they basically send you articles to read to figure it out for yourself.
Their customer support is horrible and the features are extremely limited. I would suggest looking at other options before considering this.

Gina K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy to use and great value!

Pros

I've been using this software for about 6 months. I switched over from another aesthetic EMR platform due to cost. Aesthetic record offers all the necessary features of the more costly platforms for a fraction of the price. It even has features the more expensive platforms do not have.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like. Customer service is a message system within the app rather than speaking to a person over the phone. However, it is still immediate and has solved my issues or answered by questions almost immediately.

LB

Lexi B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Best Software for Business Big or Small!

The staff at Aesthetic Record are always there to answer any questions I have - the text option on the app is easy to use, and I know I'll get a prompt response every time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were super flexible in booking my teaching seminars and made my onboarding process a breeze! The YouTube videos are incredibly helpful whenever I need a quick "how to" or refresher.

Pros

Firstly, how inexpensive this software is. I was shocked to learn how affordable it was, especially as a small business over. I also love how versatile Aesthetic records is. I can do everything from place product orders, to host virtual consultations (which is critical in today's climate) to collect payment, distribute gift cards, and so much more! This software also gives me peace of mind come tax season - I know all of my financial information is accurate, organized, and up to date.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about this software.

SG

Scott G.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

So close, yet SOOO far

No program is perfect. Everyone has to make adjustments. The company has made more effort in ensuring they will not have to deal with them then helping.

Pros

The aesthetic look and web access is solid. It has good intentions to be better than others, but the execution falls well short.

Cons

The absolute worst part of this company is they do not let anyone converse through any median except texting via the program. No phone support or email. If you have a complicated questions you need to book time days in-advance to have screen share. If you have a problem you need fixed in a timely manner there is no way to do it. This is a large program that has glitches like all others. The work...

Hi Scott- Thanks for leaving a review about your experience with Aesthetic Record. I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with the platform. We have gotten on phone calls several times, and as we don't have a direct phone number you know that you can always request a call back through chat. When you request a call back we call you and we speak to get issues resolved. We do have an email...

JS

Jody S.

Customer Service

Customer service is EXCELLENT. Very responsive - I was online with an agent from about 4 pm this afternoon until about 7:15 pm to resolve a critical issue. The agent identified my problem and took action. The reason it took 3 hrs was because he had to call one of the administrators of the company on a Sunday afternoon who took his call and helped to resolve my issue. Now that is customer service....

Pros

Not into it just yet since I was just made the official administrator today. Will post updated review and impressions later.

Cons

A little hard to navigate and find what I need however, I just discovered that an employee set herself up as the administrator which may be why I have not been able to do all the things I have needed to do to get this program up and running efficiently. I will update my review once I am able to actually run this program as the real administrator.

KP

Kobi P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

[sensitive content hidden] on Chat was great

He really went above and beyond to simply add the google review link into the survey text/email for me!

Pros

Overall very good. Easy flow. Love the side by side photos but area restriction makes it tough to always compare.

Cons

Medical History isn't customizable and doesn't include an area to notate NP/MD Clearance given. Forms do not auto populate for future forms. Also treatment notes do not autopopulate.

AB

Alanna B.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Poor Company

Pros

Easy to handle and learn. Easy to look up clients and information.

Cons

This System is always down. We stopped making appointments on this app because there would be so many difficulties with clients trying to find there appointment or confirmation. We've had to use paper for consent and charting so many times due to your server being down. Its either one thing or another. I do not recommend using this for your company. I will be telling people that are in the same business as me to not use your company!

AW

Allison W.

Continues to go downhill

Do not use if you have more than 1-provider and over 500 clients... I started using this software 4-years ago when it was just me and it was great for my little 1-woman show. The company also wasn't huge at that time and they had excellent customer service. Then around COVID I noticed things slipping- customer support wasn't as good, communication not as good, much more bugs. It was frustrating but...

Pros

Cheap and easy to use for newer practices that have time to deal when things don't go well or when things don't work...

Cons

Lots of bugs, integrations don't work well, tickets get lost and then tech issues never fixed.

Elizabeth R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Horrible customer service DELAYS patient care

overall experience is BAD - do not recommend.

Pros

ease of photos and before and afters stored in the patient chart

Cons

You can only contact customer service through CHAT - they do NOT have a phone number to contact in case of an emergency. So if you patient has a complication and your eprescribing goes down, you can not help your patient! This is absolutely unacceptable and this company should be banned from providing EMR services if they can not guarantee a patient care issue is their #1 priority. Over the years customer...

MM

Mareena M.

Terrible Customer Service

It has not been pleasant and the company does not care about customer satisfaction and fails to return messages about feedback. I am not even sure of I am actually talking to a person when you use the chat for help or a bot. No phone number to call or stalk to anyone.

Pros

Affordable Easy to use Prescribing available Messages clients via text with reminders

Cons

Terrible customer service. No in person contact, only help is through chat and most of the time they are clueless. They cannot help you with any eprescribing issues You have to use both a desktop and iPad in order to complete a transaction. Using the wallet causes a lot mistakes. Their third party payment system fails to work often and they force you to do a manual entry and charge the business a higher percentage.

RS

Raj S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Good Software but point of sale system needs major upgrade

Overall great alternative to other softwares for medical spa industry that are just ridiculously priced.

Pros

Good features, great reports. Takes a while to learn and workflow is not very user friendly. AR could become the best aesthetic software if they would let the software link with square or stripe for payments.

Cons

Merchant account. you don't have the option of using square or stripe which we love for ease of use. AR requires you to sign up with different merchant account. We still use AR however we switched back to square for POS and loyality program etc as our experience with the merchant account user by AR called clearnent was a total disaster. The devices offered to collect payments look cheap and are cheap.

ck

christina k.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Absolutely no customer service!

Horrible experience- I would NOT recommend to anyone. We purchased 2 swipe cards from them- both did not work. We did not know there was higher fees for keying in credit card info vs. swipe and for 2 years have been paying much higher credit card processing fees. When I inquired into lowering the rate a year ago, no one cared to look at my activity and point out to me that I could lower it by using...

Pros

The reports screen/feature is useful- very easy to read.

Cons

Absolutely no customer support! The chat feature is useless. I have had people completely contradict someone else. I was on the Chat for 5 hrs bc of a billing issue and still not resolved. You can NOT speak with any live human being w/ this company. Please stay away. I have never worked with a company where they refuse to speak with someone. They do NOT care about customer service at all. That is not what their platform is about. When you are running a multi-millions dollar business, your time is very valuable and this company does not value your time.

JS

Jacqui S.

Failure to launch

Some of the reps were helpful and they were professional - unfortunately they are difficult to reach without 2-4 days advanced online scheduling which does no good to a busy practice. There was no flow to the training and they kept charging me month after month knowing we weren’t able to even implement the program or use it at all. After months of exhausting all the time & staff resources this was still not functional or useable in any way for us to even try it on one single client. We wasted so much $$ w staff time and energy and have asked for our $$ back yet nothing has happened and we are still being charged. I literally created my own system a few days after becoming so frustrated- and it’s working better than AR.

Pros

I loved the promise of what this software could do. EMR with electronic prescriptions, telemedicine, patient portal, etc... This was the 2nd time giving it a chance after 2 years prior when the glitches were abundant. Unfortunately w all the “updates” it still didn’t work as promised.

Cons

Incredibly cumbersome to attempt to set up. Company accepts no phone calls- any attempt to contact must be scheduled online for a meeting that is not 24/7 as indicated. No organization to the training at all. Just pieces all over the place. You have to re-enter every detail into a basically blank database. They say takes about 2 weeks- sure- maybe if you can devote 8-10 hrs a day to it for 14 days. It runs so slow- that by the time the photos are taken and done loading, I would normally be done with my client. The check out process is very very long and slow as well. So much duplication of effort and redundant clicks it’s insane.

Jacqui, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Feedback is so important to us so we can continue to grow and maximize what Aesthetic Record can do for our clients. Since your initial onboarding, we have added a new training and onboarding process that we hope maximizes how our customers are able to build and implement our system successfully into their practices. Our ePrescribe will be launching as well! Again, we are always continuing to grow and I am sorry that our communication didn't come sooner to turn this around for you. -Nikki

SB

Stephen B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The calendar and booking are a nightmare

This is a software that means well but falls short on execution and user interface.

Pros

It works on the iPad, iPhone, so very portable.

Cons

The developers need to actually sit down for a day and just learn what it's like to schedule patients all day long. POS and all the other features they are adding are nice but the core of the software - the calendar will drive a man insane. It takes 7 clicks to book someone's appointment. I cringe everytime someone calls to reschedule because it is such a chore with this software. You cannot slide...

Ab

Ashley b.

Too many glitches

We are a growing MedSpa and initially liked AR for it's low cost and promised capabilities. However, over the last year we have had countless issues with appointments being hidden, double booked, deleted etc. The promised memberships are full of glitches also, which prevents us from using it for that reason. In general it causes us a ton of extra work and upset patients. Definitely don't recommend. Maybe in a few years , but then again the customer service gets worse as they seem to grow.

Pros

Able to login from anywhere. Cheap if you're a small business with few employees.

Cons

Constant glitches and bad customer service. There's no phone number they require you chat for every problem, which gets very time consuming and difficult to actually get anything fixed. We've had such terrible problems with the software double booking, deleting appointments, hiding appointments, etc. At first I was patient but I have completely lost my patience, especially because they are not helpful in fixing and thoroughly looking into issues. Looking to switch asap, which is a huge job and a big disappointment.

Hi Ashley, I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with the software. I would love to schedule a call with you to work through any of your concerns. Please email me at info@aestheticrecord.com and we will schedule a call to get these items worked through.

PG

Peter G.

Aesthetics EMR keeps getting better

We’ve been with AR from it’s start and have been impressed by their ongoing efforts to make it the best. Support is awesome. Chat requests are answered immediately, and followed up by email documentation. AR staff are quick to realize if voice communication is necessary.

Pros

Flexibility in being able to mould the software to suit our needs. If one is slow to adapt to new EMR, one can role out one piece at a time. If one is prepared to jump in, AR offers everything necessary.

Cons

Hard to say. Updates may seem too frequent at times. We’ve never been interrupted by a update fail, so that’s great!

KG

Kara G.

Stay Clear of this software

Where do I start.... hands down one of the worst business decisions I have made. The most horrific version of customer service my staff and I have ever encountered. They do not like any suggestions to improve the software. Be prepared to be literally yelled at via chat and all they are good for is taking your money. They respond to questions with watching more YouTube videos rather than helping. Who...

Pros

What attracted me initially was the photography and charting. Once I was thrown into I quickly realized it's more work and isn't as accurate as they proclaim.

Cons

The reporting is all exported into excel and the numbers were always off. What it my bank never matched reports. The system all around is majorly lacking. The worst part is there is ZERO customer service. Probably the worst I have ever experienced in this industry.

Jessica S.

Been disappointed since day 1

Disappointing, frustrating. I want to change but once you get your records in the cost to transfer your own medical records is ridiculous.

Pros

It was the most affordable of the options. Organized

Cons

I have been disappointed with this software since day 1. Customer support often says they are "available" but frequently do not respond and do not get back to issues. The scheduling template often will not let you schedule at times that are open and available. I have expressed concerns with the program many times and have been told they will "forward these issues" but nothing ever changes. I feel...

Has some MAJOR glaring flaws - more

has potential but they need to do some updates ASAP

Pros

the chat box for support. very responsive. HIPAA compliant

Cons

Has some major design flaws - patients cannot enter in their birth date when they are filling out a new patient questionnaire. you cannot see at-a-glance if a patient ever filled out a health history - you have to open every single patient visit to go searching for it. Whenever a patient arrives in the waiting room - you have to 1.) ask them their birth date in front of everyone, 2) give them the questionnaire,...

Thanks for your review! I wanted to shed some light to a couple of the items written within your review: 1. patients have access to a patient portal, they can login to the portal and securely fill out any private information. Therefore if they need to add their DOB or address to their account that allows an easy and private way for the to do so. Within the portal they can also fill out questionnaires...

BD

Bradley D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Cumbersome. Dreadful to train an additional staff.

I am a MD and clinic owner. I tried this software for a year and was very excited about all of the features they offer. However, many seem to be underdeveloped. Something simple like editing a patient's info can only be done following a specific sequence of clicks. I paid for the software setup and corresponded through email. Usually a relatively quick response, but it was inconsistent and I sometimes wanted to be able to call. Never able to call my point of contact.

Pros

Impressive and extensive list of features.

Cons

Features were either underdeveloped, time consuming to setup. The setup process in theory is worth the extra money, but in reality, the clinician is going to spend a great deal of time and energy and persistence to achieve this. Seems like there was always some kind of glitch that was happening.

GB

Ginger B.

Frustrating

Pros

Cons

The software itself is very glitchy, the calendar is hard to manage as it always blocks you at random times or doesn't allow you to move appointments around etc. But most importantly, communication is TERRIBLE! If you have an issue, there is no way of getting someone on the phone to help. I've had issues w multiple things since signing up that have made it very frustrating and impossible to run the...

RJ

Robin J.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

An EMR worth the $

I absolutely love working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

I love Aesthetic Record primarily because of the "customer service." I have used many EMR systems that lacked the support when most needed. AR responds timely and will work to reconcile challenges as quickly as possible.

Cons

My least favorite feature with AR is the lack of detailed reporting. I would love to see a forecasting report! Additionally, I would love to be able to export detailed reports with comments for the Surveys. The filter tool needs to improve as well.

Easy to use and lots of features.

Pros

Let me start off by saying I did a great deal of research before deciding on Aesthetic Record. I reached out to about a dozen of these software companies and finally got convinced with this software because of the capabilities. For one, adding people to use the software and teaching them to do everything so is a breeze. Second, making a new chart during a procedure is super quick and my patients sign consents right on the iPad app they have plus I can always see any services or products my patients have ever used. Third, it is very customizable; you can change consents or questionnaires anytime easily. Our patients like the app because making appointments is quick and painless and our clinic has never been busier and yet it all feels so smooth!

Cons

We have been waiting for the POS feature to come out for some time. I get that new developments take time but just wish it was faster. Our account manager is always helpful though which is nice.

SR

Stacy R.

Terrible customer support

Pros

This EMR has online booking and appointment reminders

Cons

Hello Stacy! I am sorry to hear that you feel that you had a poor interaction with the customer support team. We do offer training sessions and help Zoom calls where we can share screens. All you have to do is ask, and then we will coordinate a time to connect with you. If you email info@aestheticrecord.com we can help you get that scheduled. I would highly recommend going through our Partner Plan core training sessions, if you have not yet. It is really the key to success, you will assigned a coach and they take you through 4 key training to help get you operational with the main aspects of Aesthetic Record!

KB

Katie B.

Would not recommend

Overall, it has been disappointing and frustrating.

Pros

We liked the idea of AR to save time in the practice

Cons

We were encouraged to purchase quickly and were told AR would work with us as our practice was just getting off the ground, but after the purchase we were told any forms which were not soon ready to be uploaded, we would have to do ourself. This is very time consuming. The trainings are not set-up for users to ask questions and trouble shoot but are just like the YouTube videos - they scratch the...

AC

ALYSON C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Non Working features without any support communication

Poor would not recommend. Glitches and Clients unable to make appointments frequently. Do not care about the legal side to not sending pre/post treatment instructions.

Pros

For the money it was great in the beginning, as you add on more things it is just as expensive as all the other platforms.

Cons

Glitches constantly. Day 42 of Site not sending any texts/emails to clients. Daily Emails go answered from the start.