HotelFriend Reviews

HotelFriend

Hospitality operations platform for hotel management

4.0/5 (5 reviews)

Florian Hofen

Good cloud based PMS

Reviewed 2019-10-29

We had lots of positive feedback from our guests, since they are now able to check-in through the app and contact us without calling front desk. Another great point is the feature to rent our bikes through the app and offer bookings for our spa area.

Pros
We liked that all data is cloud-based and can be accessed through a web browser from any device. The software is easy to use and there are a lot of instructions on how to use the program. The customer support representative also helped us out with a misunderstanding of a system. There is also an App, through which guests can contact us.

Cons
The program should also be accessible while having no internet connection. Maybe this feature can be added in future versions.

Response from HotelFriend

Dear Florian, thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Richard Vielhaber

Great software with many possibilities

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-03

I'm very satisfied. The cooperation is very good.

Pros
- all data is in the cloud, the software runs in the web browser - the software is very easy to use, very intuitive, even fun - there are many hints in the software for the operation, you can´t do anything wrong - a series of tutorials to help you understand and great customer support - there is a separate app and an own channel manager, which are included in the purchased package - simple training of the staff (we looked at it together and since then there were no questions from the staff)

Cons
We have not found anything yet. It is very convincing.

Response from HotelFriend

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it. Our support team continues to import your data into the system and will contact you soon.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Hüttermann Rose

An practical and manageable Pms Tool

Reviewed 2019-10-02

I met the owner of the program at the ITB (tourism fair in Berlin, March 2019). I take a look for a new hotel software for my little Hotel. My old pms is not usable for my issue.I hat to use so many different programs that had to be operated side by side, that i did not look through. At least they are looking for a simple, intuitive solution to manage my Hotel. We have Bad an short demo with the rep, at which the program was presented. After that there was a test phase (14 days) in which the program could be tested.

Pros
I see the payments of the guests,the management of daily tasks I realise which guests have booked breakfast. Analyzes for the finances of the hotel are live online and as lists to print

Cons
I like the service an d that i could Print the analyze

Response from HotelFriend

Dear Rose, thank you for the feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Navid Yousefian

Weird Pricing, Suffering from bugs

Reviewed 2020-01-05

We believe that HotelFriend could be a good option, if they make some major changes. The system is really slow and suffers from many bugs. The app is not of any use, just for their own marketing purposes and believe me, you still need to pay for it, which is hilarious. The channel manager integration is so slow, sometimes it takes up to hours to sync the reservations and sometimes it even does not. Would not recommend at all, there are much better options which much cheaper pricing, or pay a bit more and enjoy the lead systems.

Pros
We moved from Beds24 to HotelFriend, we are using this software for few months, even-though there has been many issues with the PMS, Channel Manager and Booking Engine, support will help you out, although sometimes we got disappointed. - Well Designed UI - Great Customer Support

Cons
There are just so many issues with the software, the technical team responds so late and won't solve these issues. I will mark the main cons as under: - Poor functionality | There are just many other solutions with much cheaper price which will give you much more useful functions, HotelFriend, I am sorry. - Integrations | even the most basic PMS, will have some integrations with Zapier or mailchimp, but this one, no no no. They hate it. - Poor integration with channel manager | They made us think that they have their own channel manager, but again, nope. They ask you to pay more to integrate the PMS with 3rd party softwares. If you want overbooking, or if you did not find the reservation from your OTAs, you asked for it, just so many issues. - App | Nobody gonna use it. We tried to start our online check-in through the app that they provide, but seems it is not working in anyway, we asked support about the issue, and they told us they gonna release an update soon, which never happened. - FrontDesk | This is just a pain, it is beautiful, not functional, not at all. You can barely make any changes if you made a mistake, even as a Hotel Admin, sometimes we needed to ask the support to remove a reservation or make some changes, which is super annoying. - Accounting | They have no accounting system, not even a basic one as they promote, you can just download the guests invoices, which all of the most basic solutions do it for free and do not promote it like that.

Response from HotelFriend

Dear Navid,

We appreciate every client and are grateful for your feedback, regardless of whether they are positive or negative.

We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. Yet, it was an uncommon instance.

Over the past few months, we made every effort to improve the service: we have extended the trial period for 2 properties; you were provided with a discount price, even though the promo offer has ended; multi-property and Mobile Concierge has been provided for free; we implemented most of your requests which are now live, as well as helped you solve daily issues...

Unfortunately, this was not enough to keep you among our satisfied customers.

Thanks for your opinion.

Kind regards,
HotelFriend team

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Carina Krause

Perfect Business Software

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Pros
The learning platform is very suitable for companies that want to train their employees. The platform is simple and there is a wide variety of training courses that can be easily conducted online.

Cons
As an active user of the software, I have no negative points about the learning platform.

Response from HotelFriend

Dear Carina, thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10