Dayforce HCM Logo
Dayforce HCM

The all-in-one HCM software to empower your workforce

visit website

Dayforce HCM Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.08/10

Reviews by rating

It is user friendly and real time tracking which is awesome!!! Super easy to learn and teach.
I really like how robust the system is -there is so much that you can do to help drive efficiency and accuracy. I also like that is relatively intuitive to use for employee side.
Mgr was always complaining that she didn't find our notes. It was frustrating and caused ill feelings.
Too difficult to use and understand its set-up and costly, poor customer support to solve problems.
Implementation struggles and lack of cohesion between product team and implementation team.

LG

Lindsay G.

Director

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Dayforce used to be better

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Lindsay. I'm a brand ambassador. I give Dayforce a three-out-of-five star rating....

SHRESHTHI M.

HRIS Manager

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce - HR and Payroll software

Transcript

Shreshthi M.: My name Shreshthi. I work for a mental health care company as an HRS manager, and I've...

Josh M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Dayforce HCM: Customize to Modernize

Dayforce has allowed us to streamline our processes in a better way while continuing to improve.

Pros

The ability to customize with relative ease. We are a highly complex company with several different union and non-union employee populations. The pay and time processing requirements are different by employee group, and Dayforce makes policy assignment simple.

Cons

Schedules are a bit cumbersome for non-traditional schedule types. We have employees whom work split shifts and the current scheduling capabilities do not allow us to create rotations.

Jessica D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Dayforce simplifies and accelerates the payroll processing

Dayforce is an excellent option for any enterprise-level business. If you're looking to fix a problem with the system's mainstay functionality—namely, payroll and related "pay logic”—I think Dayforce is your best bet. After making that call, you'll also see increased productivity from the other modules I mentioned.

Pros

Ceridian Dayforce is used for many different purposes, including payroll, benefits, and attendance tracking. The payroll is run every other week. Dayforce is used for benefits enrollment, and the data is then sent to our supplier via an export. Dayforce is used to record and analyze attendance data, whereas DF is used to record and analyze vacation, sick, and personal time.

Cons

While progress has been made in the area of learning, its usefulness is limited by the fact that it is integrated from the outside. The scheduling module requires more human intervention than is ideal.

Linda M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love/Hate Relationship with Dayforce

Dayforce is a fine system to use, with various issues hidden throughout. While my least favourite is the customer support, Dayforce also has a multitude of ways to find solutions on your own to avoid contacting customer support and spending large amounts of the company's money.I find Dayforce great and frustrating; there are so many good features with Dayforce that I'm looking forward to using, but I do find the system to be pretty convoluted. In order to fix ONE thing, I have to go through two to three different outlets within the system to make sure those work before this one thing is fixed.I do wish I had more positive things to say about Dayforce, but it's not the worst system I've used.

Pros

Easy to use features for both manager and employee. It's sleek-looking and doesn't require a lot of effort to learn how to use Dayforce. We are currently implementing document management and it seems simple, but effective.

Cons

Customer support has been both helpful and lacking. Helpful because of the forums, but it's very hit and miss with a rep. Sometimes I am given someone who is very helpful, provides guides, or reasonable answers within a good amount of time.Then there are times when I receive a rep who takes too long to answer or find out what the issue is, doesn't communicate, or doesn't initially fix the issue, causing more time and money (for the business).

DL

Daphne L.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Dayforce HCM

Pros

Dayforce is easy to use when it is set up to meet your organization's policies. They walk you through the whole process and their customer service is quick to respond when you have problems.

Cons

They frequently do updates which is a good thing and they also notify you on upcoming updates. I don't think this is bad though.

WA

Wendy A.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce HCM - 2023 (Walett)

Overall, my experience with Dayforce is pleasing. We have implemented workflows and added logics to streamline many daily functions.

Pros

Dayforce HCM offers features which are in high demand for an efficient HR division. The various modules ensure essential data is reportable and readily available for compliance testing.

Cons

The reporting module is complex and requires a high degree of IT knowledge. Topics are not aligned in statndard forms which creates frustrating events when building new reports.

JW

Jock W.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Dayforce the future of employee services

Grrrreat!

Pros

The Reports are very good and the product is easy to navigate.

Cons

Calling for support is a task. It is hard to get through when you are at a critical moment.

KD

Kendall D.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Dayforce handles various HR tasks in one place

We've been able to cut down on the time it takes to onboard new employees by using Dayforce Onboarding to handle the corresponding decrease in paper forms.

Pros

One of Dayforce's strongest points is its ability to automatically calculate payroll. Payroll has been greatly simplified and accelerated by this new functionality. On top of that, they provide a holistic HR solution covering everything from applicant tracking to benefits administration.

Cons

Ceridian Dayforce's customer care is the worst part of the product. They are continually working to make improvements, but frontline employees typically lack the expertise required to provide prompt, effective assistance to more advanced users.

KT

Kim T.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce

Customer support needs improvement

Pros

Real time payroll calculation is extremely beneficial.

Cons

Customer support is very difficult, often a language barrier.

Katrina V.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

It centralizes all of our record-keeping

It consolidates our filing systems into a single location. Employees only need one login to enjoy the full range of benefits. Time may be tracked daily, and annual reviews and objectives can be modified with this system.

Pros

The Dayforce platform allows for extensive customization. From scheduling to advancement to benefits to individual employee profiles. The centralization of these capabilities makes it easy for both the supervisor and the worker to track everything.

Cons

The timesheet tool is just one example of a bit of a pain to navigate. It takes a lot of clicking around to get to the final tally of hours put in.

Becky F.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Optimizing human capital management with Dayforce

My experience with Dayforce HCM has been positive. It has improved the efficiency and effectiveness of our HR procedures by cutting down on manual work. The centralized design of the platform improves HR's ability to work with staff.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is an all-inclusive system that does an excellent job of integrating different HR processes. Payroll, time and attendance, benefits administration, and labor management are all efficiently managed by the centralized system.

Cons

The system is powerful, but it takes some time to get it up and running for the first time. The implementation time might be cut in half with better onboarding materials.

KM

Kelli M.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Managing your own settings means lots of potential for success and mess

Honestly, I am pretty neutral at this point. For each thing that has changed for the positive, there is something else that has changed for the negative. I am still optimistic this will work out for the better in the long run but as in my previous comment, implementation has been extremely difficult and we are in a severe situation with our clients and investors on the 401K funding situation.

Pros

-Ability to control the majority of your settings -Real time gross to net calculations -Great payroll auditing tools -Many standard reports and ability to tweak them to your needs -Auto setup of a lot of policy assignments based on data management criteria - eliminates human error

Cons

THE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS - We went through at least 3 weeks worth of work to gather all our settings, decide on how we would like it built, did research on the best way to put our data in the system, even received guidance from one of their recommended consultant groups, THEN went through 16 hours of Discovery calls to talk through how we wanted the system setup. In the end though, all the job codes...

AD

Alicia D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Dayforce realistic review

It’s a great tool and an upgrade compared to our old system. It is definitely for a larger company. I like a lot of the customizable features but the system isn’t super intuitive and it’s not the easiest to learn.

Pros

I really enjoy some of the features like Dayforce Hub, Performance Management and Engagement. They are all customizable and easy to figure out.

Cons

You have to learn how to set up everything yourself. If there is an issue Dayforce doesn’t fix it for you, they guide you on how to fix it. Also there are costa associated with every change you make

MJ

Michael J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

All in one for human resources!

Pros

Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons

Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Michael

CW

Christian W.

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Dayforce HCM Review: A Comprehensive Solution

Overall Experience Review for Dayforce HCM: Dayforce HCM is a great HR software solution for businesses looking for a comprehensive solution. It has a wide range of features and is relatively easy to use. However, its cost and complexity may be a hindrance for some businesses.

Pros

Dayforce HCM Positive Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM is an incredibly comprehensive HR software solution that provides a wide range of features to help streamline the HR process. It is user-friendly and offers great customer service.

Cons

Dayforce HCM Negative Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM can be quite expensive and its learning curve can be steep. Some of the features can be a bit tricky to use and the interface can be a bit cluttered.

Lori M.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Game changer!

It has taken a couple of years to get our feet solid but we are able to do better Workforce Planning and Reporting and are starting to see a definite ROI.

Pros

Dayforce HCM was one of the only products that could put our Global Payroll onto one platform. We consolidated 5 separate systems into 1 system and it has been amazing. They offer so many different modules we no longer needed anything else.

Cons

It is a fairly complex system that takes a lot of time to learn. Implementation was very complicated and can be overwhelming.

Lynda M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

DF Review

We are still learning and continue to perfect our needs and our abilities.

Pros

EE's can share legal entities, ease of moving employees, international component

Cons

Support, benefits and payroll cannot talk to one another for reporting purposes!! Crazy!!

JB

Jessie B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed

Pros

The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons

I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

RW

Robin W.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Ceridian

My overall experience is great. I so rarely have an issue I cannot solve on my own. The software is easy to use and the customer support is friendly and super helpful. Not 1 complaint on my end.

Pros

EVERYTHING!!!!! I love how simple it is to use, straight-forward, I so rarely have to call for issues and when I do need customer support they have all the answers quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Nothing I absolutely love this software for Payroll.

PT

Paul T.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce is one of the top HR & Payroll Platforms

Over all my experience has been positive. Dayforce is a very powerful Hr & Payroll Platform that can be overwhelming if you do not put the time and energy into learning it and keeping up with all the updates.

Pros

Ceridian Dayforce is the best HR & Payroll platforms I have used. The large support community from both Ceridian Dayforce and more importantly the support you receive from fellow customers is very helpful.

Cons

Constant updates to the platform so much that it is very difficult to keep on top of everything, especially if you have other job duties outside of HR & Payroll. We used to have a dedicated CSR and have one on one personal web meetings so we can address issues we had that were not getting attention by Support and our CSR would keep us updated on changes that would effect us directly. As Ceridian...

JK

Joanne K.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

DayforceHCM - One Year After Implementation

Pros - Our previous system basically operated on a "point in time" basis; historical information was kept in hard copy in employee files. Reporting from the payroll system was difficult and in many cases required expensive custom reports to be written by the service provider. Approximately 65% of our employees do not have access to the company email account, consequently requests for vacation payments,...

DS

Don S.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Outstanding and Underrated HRIS System - Ceridian Dayforce Review

I have been using Ceridian Dayforce for seven years now, and I can confidently say that it is an outstanding, underrated HRIS (Human Resources Information System) that has transformed the way we manage our HR and payroll functions. We rely on Dayforce for payroll, human resources, benefits administration, talent management, and time and attendance tracking, and it has consistently exceeded our expectations...

Pros

User-friendly interfaceComprehensive payroll functionalityRobust HR and benefits managementEffective talent managementPrecise time and attendance trackingOutstanding customer supportAffordable and scalable

Cons

Attendance Management: This area needs some updating. Is not easy to automate. Currently not able to view attendance points on the mobile app.

GF

Giselle F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Fantastic payroll application!

The experience was great. The implementation team worked with me every step of the way and was there for the first 3 go-live payrolls. I cannot say enough about tech support - even during the exceedingly busy months of January and February you didn't wait long on hold to speak with someone. I wish all the other tech support companies I deal with for different applications were as good as they are!

Pros

I liked the ease of use - clocking in / out is not cumbersome with umpteen different steps. Data entry for my weekly payroll is quick - one screen does it all; no need to change screens. Especially love the fact that I can make employees inactive and not necessarily have to terminate them - our employees are divided between union and non-union > union employees come and go during the course of the year - it's easy to place them as 'inactive'.

Cons

The cost is more than what we had with our other Ceridian payroll product. We do get value for the money and as we build more components into the program, such as performance management, for example, it will be worth every penny.

AM

Amy M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Ask the questions up front

Dayforce has automated some of our HR services

Pros

It’s cloud based so it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

The reporting, however ax compliance, & customer service is something that needs help. The response to issues (always an issue somewhere) is not communicated. They just tell you it’s fixed. It’s difficult to deal with people in another country that don’t understand our laws.

CS

Chris S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application.

Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that...

Pros

- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities - Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices - Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons

- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

ZL

Zach L.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Ceridian Dayforce

Overall, the experience has been great with our new team members being able to pick up the system quickly. The system does offer lots of functionality which we are always excited to build out.

Pros

Dayforce HCM does have a lot of useful features, such as the ability to onboard employees, manage compensation cycles allowing bonuses/raises to occur directly in the system based on manager input. The core offering are also useful with the employee profile and being able to access information quickly and easily. Integrating with our current processes was reasonable where we did require a few tweaks but often it did improve the process as a whole.

Cons

Features tend to be missing across a variety of modules, where it seemed like it was rushed to launch without thinking of the end users full needs. Tons of ideas are posted on the Aha portal mentioning differing product enhancements with almost no action from Ceridian for years, which is not a great customer experience especially when votes reach the hundreds or thousands. Ceridian needs to do a much better job at listening to their customers as other HCM systems have been better at this.