Dayforce HCM Logo
Dayforce HCM

The all-in-one HCM software to empower your workforce

visit website

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 7

BL

Barbara L.

Plastics, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce makes my job easier

We have been using Dayforce for a little more than three years. We use it as a North American tool, whereby we are able to report on all employees regardless of where they are located. We continue to find new ways to define and segment pay categories so that we can drill down and report on various cost areas. While many of our hourly employees do not always have access to a computer, the Dayforce app makes reviewing pay information (the most important to them) readily available and almost everyone has an android or iPhone.

Pros

Reporting is fairly easy. Easy to manage both payroll and benefits. Carrier feeds are very important in reducing administrative time. Ability to pull payroll registers is extremely helpful. Ability to request information in different formats (PDF, Excel) is also important.

Cons

Ability to customize or move things on the screen. Some of the job/position fields are a bit misleading, but that may be because of the way we set them up.

SC

Simone C.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce HCM - Completo, ma con margini di miglioramento

Dayforce HCM ha del potenziale ma ha bisogno di essere lucidato.

Pros

La piattaforma all-in-one semplifica le attività delle risorse umane e la funzionalità GL funziona perfettamente.

Cons

L'implementazione è stata impegnativa e non tutte le funzionalità sono state funzionali anche dopo due anni.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

IR

Isaac R.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Isaac review

Ongoing as we are still implementing

Pros

I like the user interface and the workflow process

Cons

The way the org and jobs are setup and administered

Taha Ü.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Soluzione HCM completa con margini di miglioramento

Nonostante alcuni inconvenienti, la mia esperienza complessiva con Dayforce HCM è stata positiva. È una soluzione completa che ha reso più efficiente la gestione delle attività delle risorse umane e la capacità di accedere a dati e tendenze chiave è stata preziosa per il processo decisionale.

Pros

Ho scoperto che Dayforce HCM è una soluzione all-in-one per le nostre esigenze in materia di risorse umane. Consolida le informazioni sui dipendenti, i compensi, i benefit e le prestazioni in un'unica piattaforma accessibile.

Cons

Tuttavia, ho riscontrato alcuni problemi occasionali e tempi di risposta lenti con Dayforce HCM.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Pamela B.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Small company, big vision

Wonderful, streamlined and I love that you believe that I am capable of learning so much more than I thought was possible. Total solution that has catapulted us into the future!

Pros

Flexibility coupled with cutting edge technology is allowing me to produce reporting and analytics our firm never thought was possible. At the same time, I am replacing all my manual processes with streamlined automation saving time and money. Finally, I am greatly increasing our professional culture in and outside the firm. My firm will never outgrow this solution. Love, Love, LOVE my Dayforce!

Cons

The only opportunity I see is the space between go live and what come next. With so much training material available, it hard to figure out a succinct plan for turning on the rest of the solution. A clear cut plan or guided track to bring you through the videos and then the correct guide would be helpful. I end up bouncing from guide to dig and guide and watching a video a couple of times to get things rolling.

JW

Jocelyn W.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

General

Pros

How Ceridian is integrating all pieces to develop and understand how employers can access and analyze the information to make well informed business decisions and get insight into the wellbeing of our workforce.

Cons

We are behind on learning the technology. Once you are behind, it is a challenge to get caught up. The online and community resources are great but not having the dedicated CSM to reach out to is a resource we miss greatly. They were key previously in helping fill in some gaps.

NG

Nicholas G.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pros: Features and Functionality Cons: Support

We are reasonably happy. When we don't need to engage Ceridian's support team, we would likely describe our experience as very positive. It's unfortunate that the support organization and their customer experience is not stronger.

Pros

Integrated modules across the HR suite, consistent logic and functionality for people managers and staff

Cons

Support has been inconsistent at best and frequently frustrating to the point its impacted HR team credibility.

Mostafa B.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

My unique experience with DayForce HCM

Easy program is a powerful program in many aspects that saves you time and many applications, so it is a wonderful application

Pros

I liked the method of managing performance, managing benefits, the method of employment services, and how to reach employees. There are many methods that I really liked and I want to share them with everyone, and I really liked the ease of posting jobs, applying for them, and displaying applicants,It is a very easy-to-use application and I recommend you to try it

Cons

Payroll management system It does not work with large companies

AL

Aimee L.

Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good System

Pros

The interface itself is pretty easy to use within the Dayforce modules and I really like how they talk to each other and streamline processes. I have had some of my best experiences with customer service through Ceridian and they always help me modify the system quickly to make it work effectively for me.

Cons

The biggest difficulty we've experienced is Dayforce's ability to talk with external systems. We have a number of third party vendors and the feeds between those and Dayforce have been extremely challenging to get running smoothly.

DS

Doug S.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Best Bang for Buck

Pros

Dayforce offers a lot of flexibility as a true single platform for HCM professionals. The system is extremely easy to use and has a robust training platform. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Cons

The API integration to other applications does need a bit of fine tuning but it works well for Passport Health.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce HCM Review

Overall I am very happy with Dayforce. There is a lot in the pipeline that’s coming our way that I’m excited about as well.

Pros

Once the product is setup correctly, it’s easy to use and customize but getting the right person to help with implementation is crucial.

Cons

There is a a lot that Dayforce offers in terms of features. However, with just like many other systems, Dayforce of course is missing some crucial features that will make our lives much better. Proxy into another user to help navigate the problem would be a much needed feature that will save time.

CB

Cindy B.

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Flexible Software for Evolving Needs

Pros

The system is relatively easy for users to navigate. Dayforce is consistently adding new features/options that are relevant and help HR professionals support the organization. With customizable options, organizations can build solutions specific to their unique needs.

Cons

When software is updated, some fixes create other issues (e.g., recently our ability to see applicant questionnaires ‘disappeared’ after a fix was implemented to avoid duplicate questionnaires).

AJ

Ashlee J.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Do not purchase you will regret

Crap. it was an empty shell of a product that we have weekly to monthly calls with executive team members saying how sorry they were, but with little to no resolution

Pros

Time keeping and PTO tracking. everything else was crap

Cons

Everything. Customer service was crap. and their knowledge of their system was non existent. they learned their own product from the users like me. after I put a case in with no response I solved it myself, then they were calling me asking how i fixed it so they could fix it for other users.

KA

Kelly A.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce was the best decision we ever made!

Our overall Dayforce experience has been a good one. Customer Support has been great.

Pros

What I like most about Dayforce is that it has streamlined our processes and cut down on the amount of time we spend processing payroll, onboarding, recruiting. Reporting is much easier to use and create than HPW. Our employees are very happy with how user friendly the system is. I think we have more employees engaged now than ever. The mobile app has been a big help as well.

Cons

Implementation. It was challenging, but once we got through it we felt very accomplished.

WJ

Willis J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5,001-10,000 employees

Compliance is key!

Dayforce helps us pay our employees and manage the employee existence. It is the #1 software for compliance.

Pros

Dayforce is very large on compliance! It is designed to complete complex payroll processes which helps us as we grow.

Cons

The recruiting module. It seems to have been unrolled quickly and without much testing and thought.

MF

Mary F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Six Years with Dayforce

Pros

The routine basics of setting up payroll including any adjustments for each pay period works smoothly. The audit features in the system highlight issues that should be looked at more closely before committing the pay. I like the export feature within the payroll process and use it to complete most analyses needed.

Cons

Other than standard reports, I feel that creating specialized reports has too many complications. I also think that adding/editing the General Ledger setup is too complex.

BM

Beatriz M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

CERDIAN

With dayforce I am able to keep accurate track on my timesheets. And I am able to compare my timesheets vs. Punches and pay. It makes it easy for me to view my schedule on the app and I can view my timesheet to have supervisor correct any issues.

Pros

The best things about dayforce is that it comes with an app that allows you to see your schedule and your timesheets. You are also able to view and print your pay check stubs directly from app. One of the features I like is it gives you the option to view a summary of your pay, and your also able to view a summary of your punches; for you to be able to compare your timesheets to.

Cons

One of the things I dislike is that you're not able to change your availability yourself, managers have to do it. It also doesn't alert you about schedules being posted. And a lot of the functions can be blocked by administrators so you can't experience the software completely.

Hi Beatriz, Thank you for sharing your review! Cheers, Michael

LR

Linda R.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce HCM - Managing My Benefits

Overall, this is my favorite payroll and benefits management software that I have used throughout my career. I hope that our HR department feels the same.

Pros

As an end user I really enjoy Dayforce HCM. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn how to navigate. I like that it has straight forward buttons/menu options that clearly designate the areas you are trying to access. i.e. Benefits (all of your benefit documents and management), Careers (opening job postings), Earnings (payroll information) etc. Requesting time off, accessing paystubs, and messaging supervisors is very easy.

Cons

The least desirable quality about this software is that it takes a long time to load. For employees who are hourly and rely on it to manage their timesheets, this presents a problem. If you don't have it loaded and ready to go at the end of the day, other employees can end up waiting 1-2minutes for your timecard to load, while they are already clocked out.

KS

Kimberly S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Switch to Paper Free

With a thorough implementation process and the right amount of training, this software has been beneficial to our organization to improving our processes and switching to paper free.

Pros

We have switched from paper timesheets that were keyed by payroll staff to now employees enter their data into the software. The timesheets in the software are then easily reviewed and approved by managers before being processed by payroll staff. Our employee count has grown substantially over the past few years and we have managed to keep the payroll team small by switching to Dayforce.

Cons

There are areas of the software that are not very user friendly. Without completing a training webinar, it is very difficult or impossible to figure it out on your own and complete the required steps with accuracy.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Great HCM

Overall, very happy. Have implemented about 80% of the functionality. And we continue to update.

Pros

Very robust. One single system makes the entirety of the product seamless. Changes in one area are automatically updated to others. No integration!

Cons

Implementations are always tough. This one was no different. Although, it was one of the better ones I have done.

AB

Achal B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Review as a Dayforce Administrator for a Non Profit

Pros

Robust reporting Very user friendlyAbility to customize according to needs without compromising security and structure

Cons

Better training for admins, better visualizations for KPI’s

Kelsi N.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to use payroll system

I've had a very good experience with Dayforce. The system is robust and has a lot of capabilities that we aren't even utilizing. I love that there are options and it is still very easy to use.

Pros

I enter in timesheets for my team on a weekly basis and Dayforce makes it super easy to do. I can see my entire team in one spot and go through and enter all of their hours easily.

Cons

From my perspective as a manager, I would prefer an easier way to get to information regarding my team's overall pay and performance. It would be nice to have more reporting and dashboards.

CP

Carolyn P.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great software for a one stop shop

Pros

I like that you can set up specialized access for your different employee and managers based on the need of the roles. One of the biggest things that I like about Dayforce HCM is that they really listen to their customers. They care about what we think and utilize suggestions for improvement and ease of use. I have been through 2 implementations and I highly recommend Dayforce HCM

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about this software. One thing that comes to mind is the updating of direct deposit accounts. I frequently have employees needing assistance with updating accounts. Also, it would be nice for employees to view their withholding forms in Dayforce and not have to rely on seeing what they are claiming on their paystubs.

CH

Cathy H.

Fishery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Payroll commit process

Pros

The ability within Payroll to view all the pay groups at once and lock, validate and commit at the same time

Cons

I find the reporting feature to be too complicated. I wish I could just select all Topics and fields as I choose

CD

Cassandra D.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Simplicity is not there quite yet

Pros

Access to a lot of different modules related to people.

Cons

Purchasing modules that work only to a certain extent. For all the modules we’ve purchased our organization has had to do multiple work around which is unfortunate because we purchased the modules to take the manual processes out. Seems like we’re doing more manual work with the work around. Modules are very easy to use, formatting is inconsistently copied and pasted and some modules are unreliable and unpredictable.