MakeShift Logo

Suggested alternatives

when-i-work
connecteam
nowsta

Makeshift has been great in helping me transition to a "work from home" world. I love that I can clock in and out of work with the ease of tapping a screen.
We love working with MakeShift. The customer support is super helpful and incredibly responsive.
I have used the makeshift to accept and request work-related shifts, and the ease of the technology has been splendid.
I could be unaware of where to find it, but i can;t find a time off accrual function.
Sometimes hard for the employees to log into the app as they enter building - mostly a phone issue with them.
No "Copy/Paste" function makes schedules a bit more time consuming when managing multiple shifts and many requests for times off or fluctuation numbers of shifts per day.

DR

Daniel R.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Makeshift Team

Not only is it easy for me to use but my Team members like it as well. They download the Makeshift app and can see their schedules with a click of a button. Very easy for them as well.

Pros

I like the fact that it is easy to use. I am not a computer genius but this was easy to learn and use.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software. I use it with ease every day and find it makes my job of scheduling very easy.

Hi Daniel, we are so glad to hear that MakeShift has been such an easy tool for you! Thank you for your review!

MM

Mary M.

Makeshift Review

Makeshift has made it easier to confirm employees ADP schedules, it has taken the guess work out of shifts posted as worked on ADP. Makeshift schedule shows who was on shift, it communicates this to ADP so I do not have to go back to see who was on shift.

Pros

It is very user friendly, I am able to see my staff schedule both weekly and daily, which allows me to see in real time who is currently scheduled to work.

Cons

It can be difficult to post a shift using my phone, I find the amount of fields to be filled out can be time consuming. I don't have the drag and post option that is available when creating shifts on my computer.

Hi Mary, thank you for your detailed comments and feedback!

SF

Stacey F.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Not recommended

Won't work with us to make a file that is easily brought over to Payroll. I have to manipulate a spreadsheet which can easily cause errors.

Pros

I'm not sure what I like about the software.

Cons

Not being to look at an employee as a whole. You can only see a person's time only in the department that you are in, even though they have hours worked in another department.

JC

Jenny C.

User-friendly and convenient.

Pros

User-friendly and easy to learn for all users including both schedulers and employees. Easy to see which staff is available on any given day. Being able to integrate with our existing payroll & time and attendance system was a bonus.

Cons

Would like to be able to view or download a monthly version of the schedule. The Positions tab on the Schedule is great to use to see what shifts are unfilled, but it would be cool to have a feature where we can hover over a shift and it could tell us the names of staff that are scheduled for it.

CM

Chris M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great Scheduling Tool

MakeShift has provided a powerful scheduling system that allows both employees and management to better understand and manage the schedule. It has created a better employee experience and made a previously time consuming task easier. Though there are a few issues and features that could be expanded, this is overall a great resource.

Pros

MakeShift is an easy to use scheduling tool that can stand alone or integrate with ADP/Bamboo HR to import existing employees. We like the ease of viewing and modifying the employee schedules in the system. Employees have an easy way to mark when they are available, and the shift trade system works well. The ability to create rotations that repeat for a length of time has been a huge time saver for us. It's also nice to be alerted when an employee will go into overtime before the shift occurs.

Cons

There are a few features, such as viewing who you are working with, that are only available for employees on the mobile app and not the web interface. The software also does not give an option to subtract exempt employees hours from the budget tracker. It would also be helpful to see expanded fatigue rules to state that an employee can't work before or after a certain time.

dm

dana m.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

ease of use

see above under pros

Pros

once I got used to it, which was pretty quickly, I was able to access my co-workers schedules with the greatest of ease. I could determine daily schedules when client's were trying to reach them, regular days off, scheduled vacation days, for the week, or future, when planning my own time off. I' able to narrow down departments so I'm not scrolling down alphabetically through everyone's name in the company.

Cons

none that I can think of at this time. It's a very valuable product with ease of use.

Hi Dana, we are glad to hear you are finding value in MakeShift! Thank you for your review!

KK

Kelly K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

TheMakeShift team has always been very helpful to us to solve problems; advise on best setup practices and revive feedback to improve the tool.

Pros

This tool allows for a fairly easy setup to get teams up and running quickly. The ability to publish requests to fill empty shifts is quite handy!

Cons

A monthly calendar view would be most helpful to see a month at a glance in a format that everyone is familiar with.

Thank you for the review Kelly! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our available shifts feature. We also appreciate your recommendation regarding a monthly calendar view. This is something that we are hoping to implement in the future!

AM

Adisa M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Scheduling Made Simple

MakeShift is an easy solution for scheduling. The integration with ADP is seamless.

Pros

Easy for management to edit and employees to access.

Cons

Duplicate email causes a delay. Luckily, customer support fixes it in a timely manner.

Thank you so much for your review Adisa! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that MakeShift has provided you and your employees value to your business.

pl

pat l.

Sports, 11-50 employees

BC Bounce

like taht i can see who is logged in and on time from a distance

Pros

makes it easier to schedule and monitor the employees as they enter the building for work

Cons

sometimes hard for the employees to log into the app as they enter building - mostly a phone issue with them

Thank you so much for your review Pat! We appreciate your partnership with MakeShift!

RS

Robert S.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Great Software for Scheduling

Makeshift is a great platform for us to build our schedules in the store. It's also great that it updates and changes in real time when changes are made.

Pros

Being able to import users from ADP. Drag and drop scheduling. Repeating previous weeks schedules.

Cons

Color coding shifts that are not used on the shift template in the weekly schedule. Color coding manager and assistant manager shifts.

Thanks for your review Robert! We hope to have some color coding capabilities in the future and will pass along your feedback to our product team.

jp

justin p.

really enjoy makeshift

I've had so many benefits from it. You can really monitor what's going on. with the casual staff it holds them accountable which is amazing

Pros

changed how we schedule - so much easier to schedule people

Cons

it's not really on makeshift, but the buy in from staff could use some help. Too many supervisors and staff still just make arrangements without using the app.

DH

Desiree H.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Health care

Pros

Easy to use for staff. Glance at the calendar and easily see your schedule

Cons

If you work more than one site the shifts are not color coded so you need to open the specific shift to see the site you are working. Would like to be able to add for myself a not available even when full time

DK

David K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Convent scheduling program

Pros

Makeshift is very intuitive and easy to use for both schedule makers and employees

Cons

A feature that could be added would be a Birdseye view of an entire weeks schedule on the mobile app

Thank you so much for your review and feedback David. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our product team regarding the mobile app!

BW

Brenna W.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Stella's Review of Makeshift

Pros

Easy implementation and updates. Easy for our staff to use.

Cons

Some challenges with respect to scheduling in two different departments

Hi Brenna, we are glad to hear you had an easy implementation experience and MakeShift is easy for your staff to use. We appreciate your review, and we will be making some updates to our software in the future to hopefully resolve your challenges with scheduling in multiple departments! We will be notifying all of our clients when these updates are available. Cheers!

md

meghan d.

opinion of make shift

so far my overall experience is positive. I have never had any issues in the sense of conflict between picking up shifts, cancelled shifts or last minute call outs.

Pros

I like the ease and convenience of this app. It allows me to see my schedule and pick up shifts from my phone at any moment of the day.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was a way to communicate easier within the app.

Hi Meghan, thank you so much for your review!

LJ

Lane J.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Makeshift review

Pros

Easy to copy one week to another without having to reenter information

Cons

Changing times is tedious. Unable to do more than one shift at a time

Thank you for your review Lane! We will pass along your feedback to our product team for future enhancements!

AZ

Alexander Z.

Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 employees

MakeShift Review

Good to very good

Pros

Straight forward and easy to use. Gives employee and position tabs.

Cons

Did not let me post available shifts too close to start time

Thank you for your review and feedback Alexander!

TR

Tyler R.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Great product

Pros

Easy to use, very sleek and modern design

Cons

Would be nice to add a feature so coworkers could see when a shift is up for grabs

Thank you for your review Tyler! We offer the ability for employees to exchange shifts as well as available shifts. If you'd like more information on how to use these features, please check out our support articles at support.makeshift.ca.

YH

Yukari H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

User friendly

Pros

easy to use and to see the attendance. The colours of this software are catchy to the eye. Convenient to interact with management, post comments, and so on

Cons

Little bit more flexibility for texting for individual workers.

Thank you for your review Yukari! We appreciate your feedback!

RD

Rana D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Rana's opinion

i can see all my shifts at once; very handy; speeds up my work

Pros

very concise, allows many to see calendar and messages in the same time; all in one place

Cons

no ability to communicate back or request partial shift; not all past shifts are there

Hi Rana, thank you for your feedback and review!

DC

Dennis C.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Amazing Software

Pros

This software is easy to set up and use. I use it on a daily basisi to keep track of my employees

Cons

None. I have nothing bad to say about this product

Thank you so much for your review Dennis! We are so glad to hear that MakeShift has been easy to use for you!

Anna R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Great

I love it!

Pros

It is very convenient to use and User friendly. I would recommend it to others!

Cons

Nothing that I dislike about it! All features are amazing

Hi Anna, thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear you love MakeShift!

MH

Melissa H.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Great for staffing

Pros

super easy to pick up shifts and sync to my phone.

Cons

Nothing. This app is great. I love using it.

Thank you so much for your review Melissa!

DW

Dane W.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Makeshift makes my job super easy

Pros

Super easy to navigate, very user friendly.

Cons

I don’t have anything I dislike about this software

Thank you for your review Dane!

RK

Ryan K.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Controls are needed

Poor. I reached out to get clarity on the issues we were having with availabilities and the response was a generic "we're always looking to improve" with no real action.

Pros

The prospect of being integrated with ADP

Cons

The inability to control employee availability changes. This is an integral piece to building a schedule for our business, and the fact that employees could change their availabilities in the middle of schedule creation makes MakeShift a no-go for us.

Hi Ryan, thank you for providing your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear we have not met your expectation regarding employee availability. I will pass along your comments to our product team for future consideration!