Personio Logo

Suggested alternatives

bamboohr
rippling
dayforce-hcm

Personio provides extensive support, guidance and best practices which help in further improving workflows and customizing the software for each individual company.
I would say Personio's Customer Service/Technical Support Team is one of their greatest assets. Keep up the excellent work.
And the costumer service is always so nice and friendly. They really want to understand the problem and help.
The interviews-reviews are very poor, you don't have options to create evaluations for different types of interviews, templates or any sort of automation.
Payroll is much to susceptible to errors to be relied on. My pet peeve is that when one of many critical fields is not filled in, the employee is simply left out of the payroll without comment.
It ist very very complex and I still have the feeling that I only know and use 50% of it. But that is a problem I have.

Leyla K.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

A comprehensive HR software

Overall we are very pleased with Personio. Other than being a comprehensive piece of software their customer support is exceptional. They are incredibly helpful, professional and friendly. The webinars are a great feature as well providing a perfect way to gain deeper insights into the platform.

Pros

Its incredibly user friendly making it accessible even for those with limited IT skills. It offers remarkable flexibility and adaptability, particularly in the seamless integration of administration and recruiting tasks. Personio streamline nearly half of our workflow, allowing for excellent employee involvement across various processes. The role assignment feature is highly effective and well planned.

Cons

It would have been nice to be able to integrate it with a few other software. We dont have any complaints though. Personio certainly does its job really well.

AZ

Anna Z.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great tool for monitoring all your HR related tasks

We have saved a lot of time preparing the pay rolls for our employees as we had to do it all manually before and now it's just a couple of clicks. We also use their documents storage and each employee knows where to find their important information instead asking the HR manager or look for it on google docs. The benefits and time saving definitely outweigh the costs of this app.

Pros

The support is great. Everyone I have talked to on the phone was aways super nice and helpful. I also like the fact that they take your feedback seriously and suggest the things you mentioned to their product team and might implement solutions that will make the tool even better for you and your team.

Cons

It's not easy to set up because it's very detailed- that's why you have an implementation manager to help you with that. I also have to use their support quite often when I want to change something, because I'm afraid that it'll adjust things I didn't want to change.

TS

Tereza S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Missing features, unhelpful customer support, no room for error

very negative, started ok, but worsened over time- support is very bad - just "here is a link and read about it on our helpdesk page" - there is not time for that- had to push to even get in touch with my account manager- no notification on automatic ANNUAL renewal - this i find very unfair; if we are locked in for another full year and still need to renegotiation the conditions, would expect a call well in time so we can decide to cancel- issues with vacation day calculations

Pros

european based company, fairly easy to navigate

Cons

customer support is very unhelpful, the tool is immature, there are a lot of logic mistakes - e.g. no room for error - if you mess up, you cannot correct it, you need to delete the whole user.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51-200 employees

Strong tool for all things HR

Really enjoy working with the tool! It easy to implement and employees outside of HR find it easy to use.

Pros

One tool for almost all relevant HR topics

Cons

The recruiting module could be stronger but it's still sufficient for small and mid-size companies

EL

Elena L.

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

One of the best HRIS in Germany

Pros

It's the best HRIS that I've tried so far. It has tons of features, attributes and process that we can customize according to our needs. The support is very fast, helpful and friendly.

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit complicated to use, but it comes with all the features and configuration possibilities. I am missing a couple of features, like an overview of the employee's promotions/titles and reports indicating promotions.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Perfect usability and a great holistic system!

Pros

The holistic approach of Personio. Therefore they can provide the perfect solution for small and medium sized companies. Personio has well-thought-out-workflows that are very individually customizable!

Cons

There a still several features I wish to have (like the reminder function of applicant tags ;)), but these are only small things!

AG

Asnath G.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

A Futuristic Human Resources Management Platform.

It is simple to engage and communicate with employees in real-time with Personio.

Pros

I like how Personio automates daily human resources tasks thus eliminating manual and repetitive tasks.It is simple to recruit new employees with Personio.I like ease to track employees time with this tool.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything that is unpleasant with Personio as it suits best my human resources management needs.

LG

Lukas G.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Awesome UI/UX with a large package of functions and options

Pros

Personio has a very modern and minimalist design. This makes it feel super simple and fast to use. In addition, the system comes with a very large package of functions and has a wide range of extensions available. Furthermore, the company responds to customer feedback and is constantly developing the products further.

Cons

Sometimes you may reach the limits of the available functions and setting options. As a result, you have to find workarounds in some cases. In general, I would like to see more individual automation options to make it easier to map our processes in Personio.

AJ

Anastassia J.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Good value for money

Pros

I like that the usage is easy, quick to understand and that the talent management for recruiting pipelines has a nice overview. In addition, the support reaches out to you asap if you need help and have questions in general - hence, I am never left with doubts.

Cons

Unfortunately KPI tracking (for recruiting) is not a strength and a lot of data has to be drawn manually or cannot be tracked at all. However, Personio is currently working on this issue which will be a major upgrade for the future.

MD

Milind Dilipkumar P.

Research, 201-500 employees

User friendly HR tool

Pros

Interactive user graphical design, with new update important details can be seen from dashboard window.

Cons

Personio mobile application is not very user friendly and to use it from mobile web is something i am sure no one likes.

LK

Lisa K.

Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 employees

Good overall HR tool with a focus on user-friendliness

Pros

user-friendliness wide spectrum customer service development

Cons

a lot of functions are only available with extra costs some points still need development

AW

Anne W.

Internet, 51-200 employees

no more excel files, all informationen together when we need it. webbased!

We have more time to spent in other subjects, no more excel lists and very important. All the informationen are current all the time and available to everyone from anywhere at any time.

Pros

It is very easy to use, even if you are not that talented in software/IT, it is very very dynamic and adaptable and the combination in Admininstration and recruiting is perfekt. Personio saves almost half of all work steps and you can include the employee excellent in many of the processes. The allocation of roles works very well and is very thoughtful. And what we really have to highlight. The Customer Support!! Very helpful, professionell and friendly!!! And a very good thing. The Webinare!! this is a perfekt way to get to know everything even better.

Cons

There is actually nothing i do not like about the software. It ist very very complex and I still have the feeling that I only know and use 50% of it. But that is a problem I have!! It is not about the software. I have to spent more time on it! Maybe one thing: holiday: if there is a termination and I I finish the employment relationship in Personio the paid vacation days are still the same and do not automaticaly reduce.

VH

Victoria H.

Retail, 201-500 employees

A solid HR all-in-one solution, fulfilling its purpose with room for improvement, yet overall comprehensive and easy to work with

Pros

The all in one solution for all our HR needs. The intuitive user interface also deserves praise, as it makes navigating through different modules effortless. Furthermore, Personio's customer support team has been exceptional.

Cons

While Personio effectively manages fundamental HR processes, some features may be overlooked due to the emphasis on core functions. There are occasions where the system falls short due to minor details that are difficult to comprehend. As an HR professional, one may encounter frustrations when certain features appear to be hastily implemented without thorough consideration, leading to occasional setbacks in usability. However, this is a minor drawback in comparison to its overall functionality and ease of use.

at

asad t.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Really helpful in office Management

Pros

The portal is really helpful in keeping the record of employee's information, payroll management and attendance.

Cons

Trainings module can be improved. New update on attendance is not easily interpretable.

MA

Marta A.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easiest HRIS to set up and maintain

Pros

Flexibility, Slack integration, Zapier / Make integration

Cons

Sometimes a bit slow, better UX needed for custom report creation

JB

Janelle B.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Underrated But Very Advanced Cloud HR Solution

We've ad a great time so far with Personio for our HR work. We first set it up when the company was a lot smaller, and it's held together very well during our expansion. It has a very simplistic interface which is a big positive for us, the reporting features work well, and the ATS module is very detailed and has a lot of advanced features. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

The interface is much more up to date than the other tools we evauated. This made it a lot easier for us to start using it fully in te beginning, and has made it easy to maintain since. Other than that, we really enjoy the automated workflows for setting up alerts, emails, etc.

Cons

It was missing a couple integrations that we really wanted, and there's the odd bug here and there, but we don't really have anything too big to complain about

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Very simple but effective HR tool

We were very happy with how Personio was able to boost our HR work. I only used it myself when managing the HR tasks of my department, so I'm not familiar with some of the modules. But the ones I was able to use, I was very satisfied with the automated workflows, report tools, data syncing, and all the other stuff they offer.

Pros

The onboarding module was a treat to use for our marketing dept. It's easy to assign and monitor each step within the onboarding flow. The automated assignments and reports are also a great addition

Cons

The advanced field options for the course assignments are very limited. There really isn't much advanced logic other than basic if conditionals

MN

Manuela N.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Review of 1 year with personio

all colleagues have an overview about their personal data and HR documents, they can see the absence of the team members (even with a exchange with our team calender) and the administration of holidays is quite easy.

Pros

It's really easy to use and implement the tool. And I really like the support material - you can find very good articles about each topic and question and if I cannot find the answer there - I get quick help from the support team

Cons

some features are only provided on the basic level - but telling it to the support can help, one of my issues is now solved and a new standard in the protfolio. but it would be great to have the possibility to set a date when I want to send a message to a applicant.

DW

Dennis W.

Internet, 51-200 employees

One stop shop for HR

Best bang for the buck, period. Saves LOTs of time. No need for different tools. Extremely adaptable. Scales well with the company.

Pros

- Covers almost ALL aspects of HR -- recruitment (complete ATS system) -- hr administration: -- onboarding, offboarding, documents, absences, time tracking, performance management (basic), rights & role management, user self service, approval settings, etc... - lots of possibilities to adapt to own needs - very good onboarding process and customer success - very good value for the money

Cons

- needs some time to get to know all features - UX is getting better, but not the strong suit of personio - performance management rather basic

KH

Kieran H.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Simplify your HR processes

I've been using Personio for about six months now, and I'm so glad with it. It's helped me to automate and simplify my HR processes, saving me tons of time. I would recommend it to any SMBs.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Personio is the employee self-service portal. This allows my employees to access their own information, such as their timesheets, vacation requests, and benefits. It's a great way to give my employees more control over their own data.I also love the reporting features in Personio. These reports give me insights into my workforce, such as employee turnover rates, time off trends, and salary ranges. This information helps me to make better decisions about my HR policies and procedures.

Cons

The customization options could be re-engineered. I would like to be able to tailor Personio to my specific needs more than I can currently.

MB

Max B.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Easy to implement and fantastic support

Pros

Secure data as servers are in Germany, friendly and quick response from the CSA's. All 'key functionalities', such as for example holiday and sickness capturing, are covered. Reports are very useful when having to report KPI's. The system is easily customizable, fields can be generated quickly, workflows edited, and permissions & rules created within minutes.

Cons

Few minor bugs from timt to time, though these are fixed quickly. Recruiting solution only lets you post on german jobsites. No surveying option (ie. eNPS would be good) and Performance Management section is very rudimentary.

SS

Sebastian S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Best one-stop solution for HR and Recruiting

Pros

Personio really is the HR operating system. All the personal data of an employee have to be filled in only once and can then be used for different services. Users can participate in recruiting and manage their data and documents. In addition, with the integration of Personio Payroll, you do not have to communicate with tax consultants anymore to get your payroll done.

Cons

Due to the many features and the customization that is possible with Personio, some users might find it a bit complex in the beginning.

LH

Lucas H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Compelling HR software which fits needs of startups

Pros

I'm working for a scale-up in Munich in the B2B SaaS field. Most recently, I joint the firm and went through the HR onboarding process - Personio was curcial part of this and central source of truth for the whole onboarding process. Having said this, I really like the onboarding checklist. Moreover, time recording and absence leave request seems pretty straight forward for me. Thus, I really like Personio from a user perspective.

Cons

I find the team absence dashboard somewhat overloading. Moreover, it would be beneficial to have a direct link to completed tasks (history).

AM

Alessandra M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

holistic HR software for basic user needs

Pros

holistic HR software, many interfaces for data exchanges (payroll etc.) it's easy to use and adjustable for customers needs. You can drive the speed of implementation without customer support.

Cons

It's covering basic functionalities, not enough reporting functions to visualize data history and changes or detailed recruiting KPIs(especially for personnel development and salary development). For some functions (for example data changes in the past) you need work arounds to insert data.

Veit G.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Personio

I believe that Personio really helps us to become a better company on the operational side of things. Also, they really listen to what you have to say. Personio is under constant development and since it is a SaaS product, new and useful features will pop up all the time as part of your SaaS plan.

Pros

I like the UI. Most of it is self-explanatory and specific topics can also be found by entering a search term, for instance "notification", into a Google type search window. Personio's implementation team has some really bright people who understand what your needs are. I think we had 6 video calls over a period of six weeks. They help companies with the implementation because a lot can go wrong: users getting to little or too many access rights, workflows not defined properly, data not imported correctly etc.

Cons

Sometimes there are global system outages. Also, synchronisation with the Outlook calendar is a bit bumpy.