All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

UKG Pro Reviews

Pros

The most important thing that UltiPro offered to me was the ability to customize my 'favorite' links to allow the user interface to fit my exact needs.

Derek E.

Read the full review
I love how easy it is to access important tax documents when I need them. I also like the ease of submitting time off requests when I need to take some days off work.

Adam D.

Ashley R.

Read the full review

Cons

What I like least about the software is that I lost wages due to a glitch in the system. When I emailed them about it they forwarded it to my employer who wanted to fire me over it.

Angelina V.

Read the full review
It makes me upset that I can no longer view my clock in and out time.

Casscilla C.

Read the full review
The only negative I have about this program is that it can be a bit overwhelming at first for new users.

John C.

Read the full review

Just your average HR business software

What's not to love here?

I've been using UltiPro for nearly 8 years now and the service is amazing. I love the people and the tenure is long at this company. I like working with the same folks sometimes as we develop a friendship. They are open to feedback and are responsive and I really like how they take their time to help you understand your request is being met.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the tool. It's user friendly and there's so much you can do in the software. UltiPro is always finding new ways of making their tool better and I love that part.

Cons

What do I like least about this is that there's not an assigned payroll specialist to a company.. Even if the option is to pay extra per year to have one. If we have a payroll person who needs help or they resign and we are left payroll person-less, it would be nice to have a designated person to assist... Only other thing I didn't like the most is that the Performance Management module isn't as customizable as I'd like... would love the option to make all items editable and the option to remove/hide certain drop downs, etc..

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

UKG Pro Review

UKG pro allows you to clock into work form remote locations, check your time sheet and schedule from home and even request time of at anytime of the day. this really brings your workforce into the 21st century!

Pros

UKG Pro is very versatile, easy to access, and even easier to use as a daily tool in the workplace for both employers and employees.

Cons

there really isn't much to not like about UKG Pro, as an user and not an administrator I am sure there's many more tools and option I don't know of but it has always worked correctly for me.

Terrible product

Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros

If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons

Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to...

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Basic and on point

I've used it for a little bit under a year and I really like it. I can request time off from the app, check my punch times so I can clock in/out appropriately. There is even an org chart for your company.

Pros

While on the app, the functionality is a bit limited, but when accessed from a computer, there is a lot of details you can view and edit (if allowed by your company) regarding your profile, benefits, time off, etc. it is very complete, with work summary, details about employment and it connects with a learning platform so everyone can be up to date with the lates company policies. Payroll stubs are also viewable and you can be notified when they are ready to be viewed.

Cons

Maybe more features could be accessible for employees when using the app; it seems a little limited. At our workplace, sometimes the punches are not recorded on the employee station, causing problems with hours because it does not register them.

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also...

Cons

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

Review of UltiPro HRIS

UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros

The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons

Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

Overall, am satisfied.

Pros

Visual appeal Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7! Highly customizable

Cons

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons

Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

Great mid sized HRIS system

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

UltiPro is a great investment

We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process...

Cons

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Best HR site I have personally used

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation...

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!

UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros

UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons

I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Reliable but missing some of the basics

Pros

The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons

Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples: -A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer. -The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

The Ultimate Software

I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros

This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons

I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

Ultipro Review

We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

UltiPro- is it right for you.

Our organization's primary focus in HR is reducing turnover and we use the bsuiness analytics for our Turnover HR reports. This report has been crucial to identifying departments/teams that are seeing trends of influx in turnover. When identified in these reports we partner with these teams share the info with the leaders and are able to turnaround the turnover in that area we are experiencing. We also use these reports for our Affirmative Action and it has saved a lot of time being able to save these report templates to use them annually to report out on.

Pros

I like the tasks red start at the top right of your screen as a shortcut to go to my tasks that are waiting instead of going into each individual employee profile. It has nice features to save you time, such as when I am assigning distribution of performance reviews I can select multiple employees instead of re-filling out and distributing the form to each individual employee.

Cons

Learning how to set filters to get the end result of the reports in Business Analytics is complex. Many filters are labeled similar so it is hard determine which one you need.

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com. I hope you have a wonderful day!

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All...

Fantastic all-in-one software

We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros

User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons

The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.

Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics

My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons

Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

Ultipro is great!

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

UltiPro is great!

Pros

The functionality is great if you know how to enable it and use it. There can be a steep learning curve, but once you get there, it's pretty great.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for some areas/aspects of the system. And enabling functions for certain areas is not as intuitive as "turning it on" you have to assign security roles that often conflict or give unexpected access.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.