UltiPro Reviews

4.01/5 (702 reviews)

Julie Thompson

Reviewed 2017-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

We launched with UltiPro a year and a half ago. The implementation team was very knowledgeable of the product and services offered. They were able to come to the house on many occasions for hands-on training prior to the launch. We also traveled to an On-Site Class near us. These were great to be able to talk back and forth through issues you had been experiencing. I recommend taking notes for questions you may have before going. In the Learning Center Online, there is an abundance of course and previously recorded webcasts for you to learn from. The levels range from the beginner to more complex detailed positions. The Security-Based features are wonderful for companies with multiple subsidiaries. The reporting has many standard reports built for you. It also has the ability for you as a customer to build unique reports to fit your companies' needs. Onboarding has been a way for us to eliminate a lot of paperwork and scanning of policies and documents. It has taken a while to get in groove with so many locations hiring all our seasonal employees at the same time. However, in the end this is saving enormous amounts of time.Security-based roles are great for top down management. Payroll processing is a lot faster. We have completely moved away from paper checks. The Community Groups and Knowledge Hours are a great tool to have to continually learn from other customers on how they are using the same programs in their company. Many customers are very quick to respond to simple or complex questions. UltiPro has an extensive collection of resource materials that are searchable to help quickly. In the beginning, the Quick Tour videos were a life saver. You learn so much information at once that you don't retain it all. These videos are brief and to the point. they are housed on each screen that it pertains to which is wonderful. Also, every screen has a "Things" I can do here. Another good tool when learning where to locate all of the information.

Erica Kloppenburg

My managers call it UltiPoo...

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

We began with UltiPro at the end of this summer, going from an antiquated HRIS system to what we (correctly) thought would be a significant upgrade. And while the cost does reflect that; and it is an upgrade; it has been an extremely rough road getting there. Technical issues, the amount of data required (most of it being a manual entry, in part to our antiquated system we were on before) and the level of depth you will go into building this system is outrageous. Each "silo" was assigned a technical SME who helped us build the program. Everything is incredibly customizable and easy to change once it is set up.Assigned help along the way, so you knew who your person was. You can build a system to your liking. Makes some functionalities very easy, like building out an "opportunity" or requisition. The system has some great possibilities and can support a lot of different functions through customizable reports. A lot of integrations into external vendor systems that make background checks, job posting, benefits, 401K very easy. Once it is BUILT, I can see how easy it will be to use.

Jamie Sanders

Best HR site I have personally used

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Nathan Bryngelson

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Reviewed 2018-07-29

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software. UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Danielle Peppard

Want to Love, but it needs focus on system users functionality

Reviewed 2015-03-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the fact that we are able to customize and build the software package to our needs. The software has some amazing functionality that work well for our business. I like the vendor because the value of the company being "people first" shows in the way they care for their employees. I think that filters down to the customers.

Anonymous

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Reviewed 2018-03-19

Efficiency and tracking personnel changesUltipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Anonymous

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Glenn Gotlieb

10+ years of success

Reviewed 2018-04-02
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using Ultipro successfully in cloud for over 12 years. -We recently started using onboarding and conditional workflow approvals and have been able to go almost 100% paperless. -We have been able to leverage Employee Self Service(via SSO) and modules such Open Enrollment and Life Event to streamline employee benefit elections -Cognos Analytics, is an extremely powerful business intelligence reporting tool that allows us to schedule reports, burst information and set alerts -We were able to use Ultipro's auto-population feature to generate 1095's for ACA Compliance

Anonymous

Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics

Reviewed 2019-01-03

My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Anonymous

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner. It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Tracy Ratcliffe

Ultimate Software has allowed us to leverage their technology to enhance and improve our internal HR/PR functions to not only handle the day to day, but also be strategic in what we do for our internal and external clients.

Reviewed 2018-08-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Ultimate has been a good business partner. They listen to our feedback and truly partner with us in our business initiatives; even if the answer is no they work with us to find other alternatives to help us achieve our business goal.We most like the Business Intelligence reporting and ease of navigation throughout the product. We like the ability to configure fields and screens to meet our specific needs. We are very pleased with the ability to have a paperless onboarding experience for our new hires and also configure the onboarding process to meet our business needs. We also appreciate the ability to provide feedback on product enhancements and see that Ultimate listens and responds to that feedback.

Jen Gambill

UltiPro HRMS

Reviewed 2018-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

The delivered product has loads of functionality that is immediately ready to use. The portal is very easy for employees to navigate and very little training is needed to get started. Ultimate Software also provides all of their training free of charge with the subscription, this is a huge help in developing your support team and super users. Ultimate takes customer feedback seriously & puts significant releases in place twice a year. There are normally around 100 user suggestions implemented each year in the releases.

Annette Stone

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Access to all employees HR filesI like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cindy Dalen-Slade

UltiPro is a pretty easy software to use

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

As a user - The categories are pretty easy to find - and labeled well so that you know what you're going to find under each category. You can add Favorites - so places that you go frequently, so that you don't have to drill into the categories to get to them. I'm also an administrator of certain data - so being able to take care of things for other staff is also easy and manageable as well. You can even get notifications that what you do is taken care of as a user and as an administrator.

Yeni Oguntula

I love the UltiPro experience.

Reviewed 2018-07-07

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping. Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Nancy Parkinson

Ultimate implementation experience

Reviewed 2016-03-09
Review Source: Software Advice

There are so many modules to Ultimate that we haven't even had the opportunity or time to fully implement yet! We keep hearing about something we haven't learned about yet and are excited to ask questions and find out where we can put that module in our roll out schedule!

Simple and Easy

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Ultipro has worked very well with managing time from both desktop and mobile devices and provides many options to work with. It is a good fit for someone who does not want to spend too much time setting up a time/payment program and would like a lot of options already loaded. Using Ultipro has made time and pay management easy and understandable for me. The visual layout of Ultipro makes managing time, payments, and benefits simple and easy to understand. The layout menu that shows all your options is an additional reminder to pay attention to important dates and to keep track of hours logged. I receive emails from Ultipro about managing time and paydates which I find extremely useful. Complicated documents are easy to pull up - I never feel like I'm forgetting to do something important with Ultipro.

Dina Morin

I am very happy with UltiPro and all that it has to offer, including the robust reporting tool, Business Intelligence.

Reviewed 2018-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

The support staff at Ultimate Software are very friendly, great to work with and knowledgeable about the product. I like the updates to the program because it enhances the work that we do. One of the more recent updates was the Smart Tax Search. It is a feature that returns tax codes when an employee enters their address. Really cool feature for payroll! I also like the reporting tool, Business Intelligence. Reporting is one of the key functions of my role and we use the reports for upper management as well as to process payroll.

Rose Petty

Ultipro meets all our needs.

Reviewed 2018-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Ultipro meets all our needs and then some. The customer service we experience from this company cannot be compared. Our CSR is an amazing person and if she cannot fix something, she finds someone who can. Timely. With a great attitude. I have never found that kind of support with any other company I worked with. If a payroll problem crops up, they have a dedicated line for that, realizing payroll is very deadline driven. Ease of use, tons of virtual training available, top notch customer service, customization available. Ease of use for employees. Import and Export integration. Reports readily available both in Ultipro Web and Cognos. Report writing ability available. Dashboards available. SSO configurable. Integrated Tax Setup.

Cody Henderson

UltiPro, the Ultimate solution!

Reviewed 2018-04-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall UltiPro is a superb product that has many different modules to meet the demands of growing companies. From payroll, time and attendance, and benefit administration, UltiPro can help lead the way to drive efficiency and promote a better experience for administrators and employees.The ease of which one can use UltiPro is second to none! The user experience is easy to navigate and they are constantly adding new features. The extensive modules that are available under the Human Capital Management umbrella like benefits, applicant tracking, time and attendance, compensation management, and more! Excellent customer service 24/7.

Allison Bendersky

Why we choose UltiPro

Reviewed 2018-08-02
Review Source: Software Advice

The UltiPro product that Ultimate Software has provided us is great. Our HR department is able to provide numerous departments real-time and historic reports in minutes. We can schedule reports as well so that everyone has what they need every moment of the day. The product has grown with us as we have grown as a Firm.Reporting; All in one solution including Payroll, Performance Management, Recruiting, Onboarding, Benefits; UltiPro listens to customers for changes to the software and puts it into its quarterly updates; cloud based; Customer service availability and response; mobile application; ease of use for administrators and end users; training is free.

Nabeel Chohan

Effectiveness of Ultipro

Reviewed 2018-03-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, Ultipro is a pretty solid software and it is an extremely vital tool that adds great value to companies looking for payroll and other Human resources solutions. Ultipro does a great job to not only provide solutions for a company's payroll but is an extremely helpful and intuitive tool for managing employee benefits and showing pay history, PTO balances, tax forms all in one place.

Maria Lang

Decent product but not overly impressed

Reviewed 2017-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

We didn't have an HRIS system at all and had over 1,000 employees. Getting a system is better than nothing. We are paperless in the onboarding of new employees which has saved me a lot of tracking down of I9s like we used to have to do. The onboarding has been a great asset for new hires - they can complete all policy forms before starting as well as complete direct deposit, I9, W4 info. That has been very beneficial and new hires say that impressed them!

Ashley Thorn

Paperless system

Reviewed 2018-11-02

UltiPro has completely changed to the way we as a company perform. Everything is more streamlined and allows us to track the progress electronically versus attempting to reach out via phone. The system has allowed us a company to move forward with a paperless movement. We converted to this system in January 2016 and were 100% paper. Two years later and we are almost 100% paperless. This system has a number of resources that allow you to structure your organization.

Vikki Morris

Better than most HCMs

Reviewed 2018-09-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I have found the customer service to be very good. I appreciate that I can activate a case online, describing my need/issue in detail, so that when a customer service rep responds to the case, they have the background needed to research and call with an answer versus tons of questions. I find the response time to be good, typically same day or next day response. Thorough, integrated, and fairly easy to use system with a very powerful reporting tool. System is very powerful and Ultimate offers online learning opportunities but it still takes a time commitment to learn the system.