NowCerts Reviews

Pros

It Is easy To Use And Good Response And Traking Software Product is very nice and helpful easy to simple.

Rajendra Y.

The certificate process and zip file generation is awesome, the id card generator is amazing, and the customer service is unbelievably better than I could have ever hoped for.

Andrew S.

We like the features that NowCerts has. I feel like it could have major potential, its just a matter of figuring it out.

Jordan P.

Cons

Nowcerts said this is a problem with the companies that are downloading but they are saying it is a problem with my management system.

CHERI D.

Sean G.

The accounting is confusing, too busy of appearance.

Tara A.

Easy to Navigate!

Transcript

Annette: Hi, I'm Annette and I am an owner agent in the insurance industry. I would give NowCerts a five...

THE NEW AMS

NowCerts has allowed us to move away from expensive and clunky QQ Catalyst. They have a nice support team that will walk you through any questions and are very patient. They are currently working on Version 2.0 which we are excited about.

Pros

Coming from QQ Catalyst, NowCerts is 100x better. They have detailed training video's explaining step by step what you need to do to get setup. There's a lot to the system but once you work with it for a bit you will learn as you go. For what you get, the price is terrific as well.

Cons

There is more of a learning curve than I expected. Also, there is a lot going on in terms of the layout which can be a bit intimidating at first. I would like to see a cleaner interface.

Everything you need

It is easy to figure out. It is browser based as opposed to needing a downloaded application like many larger systems do. And the price point is very competitive

Pros

What I appreciate most is not necessarily the software, but rather the responsiveness of the company that runs it. I first tried the system for a few months about 4 or 5 years ago. It did not have all the features I was looking for, but the most critical missing piece was HIPAA compliance. I brought it to their attention and the next year they reached out to me letting me know they had upgraded to new servers with HIPAA security compliance, but I had already chosen a different provider. Now, years later, I began looking again through MANY different CRM/AMS systems. They have implemented so many features that I had asked for previously and they are very responsive when I inquire about anything.

Cons

They are still lacking a little in the Medicare arena. While they did add a Medicare info section to the Client profile, the Product list only has "Health" in general, not Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Part D, nor other senior products like Critical Illness and Long Term Care. I find this to be a common oversight of many P & C AMS systems that are trying to cater to all lines. Also, while they have made a good effort at integrations, it is missing a few that are important to us: our rater (EZLynx), our current VOIP system (phone.com), etc...

Great Product Once Set Up

Our agency ended up cancelling our subscription for service after struggling for months to complete set up. It is not as easy as a simple download and many of the features (that are helpful) needed to be manually set up. If agency has a dedicated individual that can facilitate the importing and set up of system it would be helpful, but trying to get it up and manage agency simultaneously did not work out as we hoped.

Pros

Functionality and reports are great. Ease of finding information

Cons

Difficult, labor intensive and cumbersome set-up.

Thank you for the honest review! We are glad that the reports and functionality were great for your agency! However, we are sad to see that you felt onboarding was not up to par for your agency. We have onboarding training free of charge to new subscribers that is available to utilize and have also improved the onboarding experience even more in the last year. We hope that if you decide to look for another AMS in the future that you would keep us in mind and not hesitate to reach out if you need more assistance with getting started again.

Its been okay..

We feel it has potential, but the customer service is lacking

Pros

Cons

We were highly considering switching to NowCerts but we found it was a bit difficult to use, and it was hard getting help from customer service

We are extremely happy that you liked the system and we are sorry that you didn't feel that the customer service was up to par. We take our customer service to our clients very seriously and strive to make it the best experience for all. We'd love to hear from you as to when and how you contacted our Customer Service department so that we can look in to why this may have happened. We do hope that if you are looking for an AMS in the future that you will keep us in mind and give us another try. We also wish you continued success in your business. Thank you for the honest review.

Best Agency Management Software on the Planet!

Other than the annual increases, they've been the most responsive and service oriented software company I've dealth with...and I've dealt with too many. They take ownership of their issues and make changes very fast.

Pros

I love this system. As a broker/owner for over 30 years, I have seen every system you can imagine. At every Association Expo, I see new systems. Nothing compares to NowCerts. It is so easy to use. The intuitiveness of flow and adding new customers is a breeze. The information I have available to me is so easy. I hope they don't get bought out like every other innovative company.

Cons

Prices change every damn year! I know that prices go up...but this has been a roller coaster. The only reason I stick is because I love the system. I'm willing to pay what they want, up to a point. That point is very very soon. At a certain level, it loses its value...and you're willing to go back to something inferior just to teach them a lesson on how to treat a customer as something other than a checking account.

Good looking system & improving all the time

They're knowledgeable and always willing to find the answers. It's great working with representatives.

Pros

The look & feel of the dashboard isn't as overwhelming with other systems. Once you understand how it works, there are so many possibilities.

Cons

Anticipation of the changes coming in the 2.0 version.

Thank you for the kind words, Gracie. We will continuously update and improve our system and services to give you more ease in doing your business. Again, thank you for doing business with us. =)

Two Big Thumbs Up for NowCerts

Pros

Being able to store all your clients information and issue certificates easily is such a blessing. The video tutorials were a big help, since getting adjusted took a little time, but the best thing about NowCerts is the customer support across the board. The reps, and everyone else, they all make sure you get what you need when you need it. More importantly, they all work with a smile on their face because they like what they do. To be honest I should probably troubleshoot a little more, but at times I don't because I look forward to talking with them.

Cons

Like any software, sometimes there are glitches, but they are very good about addressing and correcting the issue, normally within a couple of hours. As rare as this has happened though, it's never effected our business. I do wish the email platform was a little more robust.

The Best Agency Management System!

I really like how Nowcerts has given me a handle on the business that I am writing and help me communicate cancellations and renewal information better with my insureds. This is helping me reduce the cancellations and lapsed policies

Pros

The features are customizable for our agency. We can add forms that map data from Nowcerts or reverse-map data to Nowcerts. We can integrate from Website or between different programs. I love the daily cancel emails when insured is in cancel status.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility with reports on the design and data that is put into them.

Thank you for sharing your experience with NowCerts, Richard. We are happy to be part of your success. Thank you for the support. =)

Very Happy!

Overall we are very pleased with NowCerts.

Pros

The training and support that comes with NowCerts is the best. Every issue or need we have had they had a solution for and are always very quick to respond.

Cons

I wish that it had more life & health functionality.

We appreciate you and thank you for your loyalty and trust, Jacqueline! We are happy you are enjoying NowCerts. If you need further assistance, just let us know and we'll be glad to help you.

LOVE NOWCERTS

Awesome! I recommend to NowCerts to everyone who is looking for an AMS system

Pros

Super easy to use, colorful, customer service is A+++++, and very affordable!!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about NowCerts

Thank you for your highest recommendations in NowCerts, Janessa. We are happy to have you in our NowCerts family. Again, thank you.

Excellent for Start Up Agencies and those Expanding Rapidly

Overall my experience is excellent and some of the problems this software helps me resolve are: - Billing & Invoicing - Agent/Agency Production - Account Management - COI Production / Mass COI Generation - Independent Access to Agents to Monitor there Accounts

Pros

The overall functionality is very easy to use, and the simplicity of accessing and understanding the many functions such as billing and endorsements. NowCerts has an excellent Agency Reports option that can give one a good look at the direction of business broken down into lines of business along with agent/agency production. Recently, we are able to use texting feature from this software when communicating...

Cons

None, this software has all I need to operate my agency.

Thank you Adnan for a thorough review of NowCerts. Thank you for being an excellent user and we hope to serve you well into the future. Thanks again!

Transitioning to NowCerts

Honestly, just tracking all of the various aspects of a commercial account can be daunting. While the data entry demands can be interesting, the ease of use is a huge factor. Just one example; we can get a request by email for an Acord 25, enter the certificate holder into, create the Cert Master (assuming we hadn't already done so, and have it out to the certificate holder, insured and a copy for the files in 10 minutes. Very efficient.

Pros

We had been using a CRM system to perform the agency management tasks as well. While this worked OK in the beginning we quickly outgrew the capabilities. After trying NowCerts for the free trial period, it became indispensable to us. And we still haven't found all it can do. Nothing is perfect including NowCerts. But the power it has to deal with new business, billing, and renewals is great.

Cons

I would like to see a bit better integration of the email and calendar. We still mostly use our Gmail applications. Also, I would like to see an integration for Xero, accounting software. Our payroll system and Xero talk together and it would be great if the accounting functions in NowCerts did also.

Thanks for the kind words, Clyde. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Trust that we are continually improving our software, service, and processes to better serve your needs. Again, thank you. ;)

Easy to Use Agency Management Software at a Reasonable Price

Never had an issue that went unresolved.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It's affordable. Our agency offers more than just insurance and this software has the flexibility to allow us to keep track of our other products/services that we sell in addition to the insurance. I would recommend this software for all levels, new ventures and established agencies.

Cons

I would like to see more marketing tools.

Amazing Software with Superior Ease of Use

I started my Independent Insurance agency back in July 2015 after being an agent for around 4-5 years and had experience it TAMOnline from Applied Systems which costed by previous employer almost $ 800+ per-month. As a new agency I couldn't afford that and was for several months recording all accounts in Excel Sheet. Until it got exhaustive and kept missing things I checked online after some reasrch...

Pros

Cloud based & accessibility from any device. Excellent format of software and learning curve is great.

Cons

None

Thank you for the kind words, Adnan. We at NowCerts work hard to provide the most innovative solution to your insurance agency needs at an affordable price. We will continue to provide you with our best service.

Excellent Agency software

My overall experience has been fantastic and we are so far very happy with the service we have had up to this point!

Pros

I love how easy it is for someone new to the industry like me. But I like the fact even more how available and easy to get ahold of all of the staff is at NowCerts. I can tell you in the few years of owning an independent agency that the bigger players direct you to a callcenter and other means and you sit on hold, etc. Additionally they have a ton of training videos that make it easy to use and if they don't have the one you are looking for then they will make sure you know how to do whatever task you need to. I have had no problems with setting up IVANS downloads as well and again for the money this is great software!

Cons

There are some aspects of the software that is a little clunky still like the integration between "SignNow" and Nowcerts. I have yet to be able to send something via email in nowcerts that didn't require me to log in separately to SignNow and create an additional e-sign request which can become tedious. Furthermore, it can be difficult migrating multirater data from like ez-lynx, so you end up filling out application twice in some cases when you use NowCerts and a different multirater.

Thanks for the kind words, Jed. Rest assured that we continuously improve our system. Thanks also for the feedback. We will work on it to better serve your needs. =)

Awesome Product

I have been very pleased with my experience. Every week the software has improved.

Pros

Had everything we wanted in agency management system downloads, self service COIs, cloud based with open API.

Cons

Lots of clutter on the dashboard. I would like to see where I can add the information I find valuable. Customized.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, Wesley. We will use the feedback to make us better. Rest assured that NowCerts is continuously improving its system to better serve you. Thank you for the trust and support. ;)

Great Concept - Needs a little bit of polish

My overall experience has been positive and I have seen the potential with this software. In my opinion this software needs a little more "polish" before I may recommend it to colleagues with larger agencies.

Pros

1 - Web based. Multiple clients are able to be open at the same time using browser tabs. 2 - Integrates with other technologies to provide a comprehensive experience. 3 - Intuitive and easy to get comfortable with. 4 - At the end of the day I was able to get my work done 5 - AWESOME customer service! Thank you Peter!!!

Cons

1 - Software hiccups - items that are not insurmountable, but are annoying and time consuming. I can name at least 3. 2 - No mobile portal. 3 - No formal training provided. This could be seen as a plus as I was able to pretty much figure most of how the software operates on my own. Unfortunately, I am still not certain of the full power of this software. 4 - The file management is not very well done and there are multiple places to store files and only a cumbersome way to view all the places/policies files are stored.

Thank you Paul for the thorough and honest review of NowCerts. We appreciate the feedback from our clients and do our best to meet your needs. Again, thank you.

Excellent features and customer service

NowCerts has done a great deal for our agency, from helping us track production, to smoothing our are administrative functions, to saving us money each month. I would absolutely recommend it.

Pros

NowCerts offers all the features we were looking for in agency management software, and more. We moved over from another popular system, had our data imported quickly, and proceeded to save a great deal of money over our previous software. The customer service has been excellent, with quick responses to our questions, and help whenever we needed it. Early on, we had made a recommendation or two, which were implemented in the system pretty quickly. That's impressive service, from any company.

Cons

We moved over from a desktop application. Because NowCerts is web-based, it does move a bit slower, as the browser needs to load each page. That took some getting used to, when our last software responded almost instantly. A fair sacrifice, though. We saved a lot of money, and are getting much better service.

Thank you for the high recommendation, Kalvin. We're glad that you're happy with NowCerts. We try to offer a very affordable solution for both new agencies as well as established ones. Thank you again!

NowCerts is Awesome!

Their customer service is outstanding! They are prompt, courteous and helpful. They are willing to help you customize the program so that your work process is simplified.

Pros

The ease of use and customization of the program is awesome!

Cons

Sometimes it takes multiple clicks to get to what we want.

Thank you for the awesome review, Steve. It is our goal to make our system as easy to use as possible and to allow as much customization as we can. Thank you for your support. =)

Has everything you need and more...

Overall, NowCerts and CSR have been great and very helpful. As i mentioned the Zapier connections now allows us to automatically add prospects and accounts to the system when we process different gravity forms. It saves us time and keeps us from having to do the same thing multiple times.

Pros

NowCerts thought of everything. They're leaps and bounds ahead of most insurance management systems out there and they're constantly adding new features and ways to link it to other functional systems out there via Zapier. This alone has opened a ton of functionality and automation that saves us time and money.

Cons

There are so many features, that it takes a while to figure them all out. We've been using it for a couple years now and we're still coming across new features that we can use that we didn't know were there, or new ways to use features. It takes a little while to wrap your head around it all so you can see how it all works together.

Now Certs is amazing!!

Pros

The management of commercial certificates of insurance is amazingly easy!! The support provided by Now Certs is so helpful.

Cons

Although the online Now Certs training videos are very helpful, I would prefer written job aids on "how to dos". I would gladly send my CSRs to an online webinar and I would sit in a managers users group!

Thank you for the wonderful review. Rest assured that we will take note of your feedback and our team will look into it so we can better serve your needs. Again, thank you.

30 Year professional in technology development for agent and carrier integration management

P&C 90% Commercial 10% professional. Overall the experience has been great i have personally sent 4 other clients to your system. i will continue to express and press the importance of your system to any agency.

Pros

Some real though went into every aspect of this system. When you think of integration and ease of business this is what you imagine. But here it is. Live and simply and truly amazing. I was referred by one of your customers and i will admit had my doubts but you not only met my expectations but you blew away my exceeded expectations. If i had to use one word to describe you it would be OUTSTANDING. I am looking forward to working with you for the rest of my insurance career.

Cons

Would like to see more integrations from a desktop and management tool but based on the agents specific carriers like a comparative rater. if there was a way to complete the prospect and then integrate with all the systems i go into individually;y to get my best option it would save us an immense time and quicker responses to our commercial market clients. i am 90% Commercial and would love to have the options that personal lines enjoys. Would love to be apart of the agency communication board for this type of development. Can you or do you have this already started i am interested in joining if you do.

Thank you for highly recommending us to your friends. We truly appreciate it. Trust that we will continue to improve our system and processes. Again, thank you for your support.

Good, But Could Be Great

I have found the staff to be very supportive and easy to get a hold of. There are still some issues that have yet to be resolved such as how data pulls in from carrier downloads, how the parent folders are created for uploading files and some automation functions.

Pros

The Open API Software that's compatible with many raters, Quickbooks, RingCentral & Many other useful softwares. Also, my last AMS was an offline platform so this is a much more convenient solution for working on the go.

Cons

Don't like how data pulls in with duplicate contents that have wrong info or lack info. Don't like how cluttered some of the information is and how the user cannot customize fields they want to see/don't want to see. The interface is sometimes clunky/lags.

We appreciate you and thank you for your honest feedback, Sean. rest assured that we are continually improving our software, service, and processes. Thank you for your business with us. =)

They keep on impressing

At first, I was pretty frustrated with NowCerts. The system is so powerful, and I jumped in without completing the training like I should have. However, the team at NC is so incredibly supportive and responsive to questions... after a handful of 1:1 training sessions, and a couple of months using the system, I am VERY happy with the decision. NowCerts is an innovative, intuitive platform that talks with and my other software very smoothly. If you’re an insurance agency owner that writes any commercial lines, and you care about having a management system that is reliable, forward thinking and constantly improving, I am proud to give NowCerts my strongest recommendation.

Pros

It is clearly built from the ground up by people who know exactly what agency owners and staff need and want in a AMS platform. There are more intuitive and well-designed features than I care to type here.

Cons

It’s so powerful that you really need to put effort into the training and support. I was frustrated at first because I tried to wing it. That was a bad idea.

I'm glad you didn't give up on us,James. Thank you for the kind words and for making us the number one AMS. We will continue to improve our software to better serve your needs. =)

Great for Sending COIs and Organizing Documents

Nice, it improve my work a lot

Pros

Integration and the ease to send forms, id cards, cois, etc... saves a lot of time!

Cons

When you do a search of an Insured, that begins with a number, it seams like it dont work!

Thank you for your comments Ricardo! We will look into the issue of searching for insureds that begin with a number. There is no reason why this should not work both in the Insureds search as well as as the Global search functions.