All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

8x8 Virtual Office

Voice, video, chat, contact center. In the cloud.

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

Joel H.

Read the full review
Works great on mobile and desktop. The call quality was overall consistently good and it did integrate with Salesforce.

Robin D.

Read the full review
There is also a nice selection of hold music to pick from. I never even thought about the hold music but we do have a lot of customers compliment us on the good hold music.

Read the full review

Cons

Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days.

Read the full review
The customer service is terrible. We were told that the issues we were having were with our phones and that they were too old.

Amber L.

Read the full review
It also crashes on me a lot. These are annoying issues, but they could also be much worse.

Adam D.

Best VoIP

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press...

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool

Pros

8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.

Cons

While the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.

Easy to use, useful tool.

Pros

It is easy to use and set up, they also offer an app so you can use it on your phone. You can easily make calls within the US and Canada -depending on the plan you purchase I believe-.

Cons

I do not think there is anything missing. To my knoledge it offers a way to connect through an online app or website to cellphones and landlines with no issue, fast and easily. I did however had some issues importing contacts from google but support was really helpful.

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

Pros

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

Cons

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Lots of Spam calls

Overall experience is good but I think still has to catchup with other products in the maret.

Pros

Good lightweight application works seamlessly on both Apple iPhone and windows laptop along with VOIP.

Cons

Lots of spam calls everyday. Not sure how to get rid of them. I generally keep on mute mode to avoid the incoming calls.

Works fine but terrible support.

Not a great company to deal with, look elsewhere.

Pros

The phone system did what it was supposed to do and was relatively easy to configure despite a somewhat outdated looking interface and backend.

Cons

Custom support is really poor with this company. I would spend your money elsewhere with someone that takes care of paying customers.

8x8

They have plenty of options within the X series line to meet almost any requirement. Their sales staff will answer any questions you may have.

Pros

8x8 provides a complete VoIP solution that is feature reach and customizable for any business need.

Cons

8x8 support is non-existent. They never return calls and take days/weeks before they reply to open support tickets. Even then the support is very weak.

Great for communication

Get tool and easy to use anywhere you are or need to be.

Pros

I like it because when I log in it pops up and I don’t have to log in each time. As well I can get access of it on my phone anywhere

Cons

The update is not the best but it doesn’t lag in call and easy to share screen. Or I have to continue to pair my headset each time I log in is not fun.

Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy

Sadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?

Pros

We use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.

Cons

TERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously...

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important...

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

Pros

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line - Get discounts the more lines you add - Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost - Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work - Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily - Very reliable servers and service - Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service - Port your existing numbers and add new ones

Cons

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor - If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Pros and Cons

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

Pros

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

Cons

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

Simple to use phone system management

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to clients.

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Best Communication Software

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Pros

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

Cons

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging. When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software. When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version) These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why

Pros

Virtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer. Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs. The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!

Cons

Like I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper. The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications,...

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

Easy to set up and easy to use VOIP phone system

Modernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.

Pros

1. Ease of setup of physical phones in the office 2. Cloud management and cloud access with adequate permissions to everyone 3. I love the Fax feature as we have to send out faxes to old-school customers and/or government agencies. This fax feature is similar to uploading documents in an email. 4. I love the voicemail to email feature too. When there are a lot of voicemails, instead of going through multiple messages serially, you can just open email to hear it on your phone or PC. 5. Their call forwarding feature is great too. When you are not on the phone, or when management is at some conference, they get their calls on their cell phones if needed.

Cons

1. The phone ethernet line has to go through your PC. So every time you restart your PC/shutdown your PC, the phone restarts. 2. I had initial privacy concerns due to the line going through the PC. We agreed to it due to the reputation of the company.

Great for the price though a little clunky

all the benefits of a complex multi line phone system with none of the cost, maintenance or headache.

Pros

8x8's Virtual office has made it easy to setup our own VOIP phone system without an in house IT guy. It allows us to have multiple lines, mailboxes and to customize our phone system to make it easier for both employees and our customers calling in. It is great that we can easily update extension number, greetings and voicemail messages on the fly. Also, the cell phone app and the ability to take my office extension on the go is wonderful.

Cons

The interface for desktop in particular seems old and outdated. It is not always easy to find what you need. The App for cell phone has vastly improved over the years and has become much easier to use, it would be nice to see the website follow suit.

the ofice is any place in the world with this app

Pros

It is very helpful, i work with people in diferents place in my contry and allover the world, with this app bussines not only become more eassier, also become more productive and successful. The UI make you want to married te app and the features that they provied you are just the one me and my team need

Cons

They have a lot to immproved in some OS like android or linux, in this OS the app go into bugs and some features stop working, things that do not happent in IOS, and the support center can not solve this issues. Another thing that is menor but still i think is a problem is the fac taht they shot down the fax feature, ok i understand that fax are becoming obsolet but when you work with people in diferents areas that tool is very time saver

8x8 Business Use

Overall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!

Pros

- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls. - I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls. - Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.

Cons

- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not. - Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.

Reliable

Pros

Reliable Easy to use and maintain Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

8x8’s technology is mediocre, the call quality poor, and it is significantly priced

Pros

I am a small business owner. I did extensive research into VoIP providers before selecting 8x8 for my business over three years ago. They had reasonable pricing at the time and offered a discount when I joined if I agreed to sign up for a 12-month term.

Cons

Their platform was not intuitive so the setup was painful. Eventually I was able to get the service up and running for my company. Immediately we noticed that the call quality was poor and unreliable. I had signed up to a 12-month term so we tried to make the most of it. As a new small business we were so busy trying to satisfy our customers that we didn’t have time to search for a new VoIP provider...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.