GoTo Connect Logo

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

GoTo Connect Reviews

Suggested alternatives

aircall
justcall
bitrix24

Intuitive UI on admin portal and the voice quality has been great. Also liked the graphical IVR editor - very easy, and the mobile app which is free.
I love that its simple and clean interface. I love that I can use it to call Worldwide.
This has been a welcome improvement over things like Google Voice. It allows for multiple users and phone extensions and the staying connected even when out of the office is a breeze.
Jive was the worst decision we could have ever made as a company. They are dishonest, rude, and tried to double bill us at the end.
Again, after extensive troubleshooting with the tech team and a manager, they simply blamed it on Apple with no foreseeable fixes in the future.
Nothing at this time that I dislike about this software.

Susan C.

Owner/Preparer

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Never Missing A Call

Transcript

Susan : Hi, my name is Susan. I'm the owner of my own company. I give, GoToConnect a five out of five...

AW

Annette W.

agent

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Transcript

Anette W.: Hi. My name's Annette. I am an insurance agency owner. I give GoToConnect a five out of five....

Donny H.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

GoTo Connect is a great cloud PBX!

So far it has been a positive experience

Pros

The ease of use out of the box was great and made a smooth transition from our previous products.

Cons

The interface can be confusing at times and it can be difficult to navigate

MR

Michael R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Manage Communications Better

GoTo Connect is good and it works without breaking the bank. I would tell someone else starting a business that they should look at Connect.

Pros

Connecting is better because we only need one service and it's all stored together. After I set it up I liked it. Not hard to use at all. Everything is right where you need and expect it to be. With a good internet provider and connection there are no quality or speed problems. Real time chat is important to us and lets us connect instantly from different places without the interruption of video or voice calls. We're often filming and can't talk on the phone. I don't have to pay a lot for Goto Connect so that makes me like it even more. I think they charge what it's worth.

Cons

Sometimes getting help from customer support can be frustrating and hard. I don't always think they help the situation. If the internet connection is fuzzy then so are all of our communications. After it's restored it takes a while to catch up. But if you have a good provider there's no need to worry.

JC

James C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

"A simple way to link up and collaborate!"

While working remotely, it is simple to conduct calls using the app. I'll utilize my mobile phone with selected clients, but for some apparent reason, I do not enjoy handing out my mobile phone to everybody! It makes calling simple. It's a simple system to use, and I believe the pricing is reasonable. This tool is simple for training sessions and virtual meetings. GoTo Connect is now a service that allows users to do commerce from everywhere. It's a fully configurable cloud calling and meeting platform. Users may meet, converse, and cooperate.

Pros

It's a fantastic solution for remote functioning and getting all calls redirected to my laptop, so I wouldn't have to see my mobile phone. If necessary, we may quickly install the software on our cell phones. It's pretty easy to use, although the UI might be a bit friendlier. If we miss any calls, the voicemail messages will show up immediately, and we can review our call logs in an intuitive list format. Voicemails could also be sent by email.

Cons

It is completely reliant on Wi-Fi, so whenever we have any problem with our internet service (even a minor hiccup), we have problems with our calls. The call performance is excellent; however, any Wi-Fi troubles will result in termination. It would be a little difficult to save every phone number.

Ann H.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

The best business decision I ever made

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros

This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons

Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

João V.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Video and audio in one platform.

With the COVID pandemic, the GoToConnect platform helped employees to collaborate due to the quarantine and everyone working from their homes. We use the voip service a lot to communicate for free and the videoconference feature to make regular meetings, presentations and training. The experience was very good.

Pros

GoToConnect has everything we need to work away from the office and maintain optimal communication. In this software I like the integration of videoconferencing features, VOIP audio conferencing and corporate instant messaging. It is compatible with Windows and Android and IOS operating systems. I use it every day to chat with my colleagues and clients, using Voip when something is fast and when it requires a presentation I do online meetings.

Cons

GoToConnect still has some instabilities on android where it happened to close the application without my permission. But I see that on PC I have nothing to complain about.

Rex S.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Best VoIP!

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Robin S.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Reliable voice service and excellent customer service

Since JIVE provides the phone and fax service for my employer, there is a lot at stake. There have been few problems, and customer service is excellent. Even when we switched Internet providers and there was an incompatibility between JIVE and the new equipment, Customer Service stayed with us until our phones and fax were functional again. Five stars just for the Customer Service!

Pros

This software is pretty seamless. Once it is set up, there is really no need to tinker with it. It works well, and if there needs to be a change, Customer Service is right there to help.

Cons

Not too crazy about the new interface, but getting used to it. Also not thrilled that there is no way to block spam faxes.

Cory K.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Recommended for Businesses that Need More Functions and Features in Their Phone Menus

The overall experience with Jive has been positive.

Pros

I like how many options, features, and functions the software has to offer for VoIP phone systems. The software is easy-to-use for those who are versed in software configuration. I also like that the app for it gets rid of the need for companies to buy their employees company cell phones. With the app, all you need is Internet to receive and send calls from your work number.

Cons

I don't like some of the hidden costs. Make sure to discuss all associated costs with your sales representative.

Allison H.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Office Phones

its a hit or miss with customer service. I have had exceptional reps that has solved my problem quickly and with ease but i have also had reps that have just made the problem worse and rushed me off the phone.

Pros

I really like that my staff and I can take our phones home with us so we can work from home when the weather is bad. I also really love that if the phone isnt answered at my office it will ring on my personal cell.

Cons

I think it could be a little bit more user friendly but Im not the most tech savvy person.

Jake K.

Internet,

I have had a fantastic experience with Jive from onboarding to support to expansion! Always awesome!

Ease of use. Administration. Consistent constant uptime.

Pros

I can configure everything I need to from my administration portal. I need to rely on support for very little unless I want to.

Cons

I don't fully understand the terminology that's used. I do my Google searches to learn, but it would also be helpful to have definitions for lay people on every page as well as tips and guidance.

SS

Stephen S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem. GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the...

Cons

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department. GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing. The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

JW

Joel W.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person...

Pros

* Very reasonable cost. * Great Customer Service * Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones) * Easy to use web interface. * Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out) * Fax service is not as easy to use. * Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

CM

Cina M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Jive - highly recommended!

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

RH

Russell H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive. We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.

Pros

The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other. Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed. Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability to set a distinct ringtone for calls coming in from the Jive mobile apps so that I know when a call is coming from "my desk" or direct to my cell phone.

DR

David R.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Client review

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy. They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros

I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set...

Cons

There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year. I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Jive Telephone System

Overall, we had a very easy transition from our previous telephones to Jive. We had our old system forwarded to our Jive phones for about a month, before our telephone numbers were actually ported over. I think in this time, we were able to work out all the kinks, so once our numbers were ported over there were no issues. I would recommend the Jive system to anyone that is considering changing their phone service.

Pros

The Jive system is a user friendly platform. I really like the fact that we have access to all of our information, without having to contact customer support. I like that we can upload a file for our hold music & can change it whenever we want to. I really like the auto attendant & how easy it is to change things. Once I got familiar with the system, I feel very comfortable updating anything that is needed, but if I can't figure it out, I know I can contact customer service & they are great!

Cons

I think that it took a while to get our phone numbers ported over & at first our temporary numbers weren't "spoofed" so on our caller id, it was some odd telephone number without our company name. There was a few items setting up our system that was kind of frustrating but, once we were connected to the right person, it was an easy process. Most of the issues were more getting things worked out the...

JB

Jessica B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Great Software for VOIP

Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros

I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons

My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

AS

Allie S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Love Jive!!

overall we are satisfied, however if the contact center doesn't allow us to be able to have agents log in independently from the device for desk sharing we may be looking at alternate options. (jive Web has a do not disturb feature that we are not able to disable, so therefore we cant use bcz we cant see if agents are on do not disturb)

Pros

love that its web based, full access to the PBX where I can control call routing at a minutes time. Reporting easy to access. Jive app allows me to take phone calls from anywhere.

Cons

Contact center needs developing it is not agent centric at all. It is queue centric, it is missing visibility into what the agent is doing. individual log ins are not available so for a call center that share desk this is not a good product as the data is all geared to the device and not the user. Call centers usually share seats, so this is a major fail. Also there is no visibility into agent status, outbound calls are not identified so you see "idle for an agent " when in fact they are on an outbound call.

JN

Julie N.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Good, efficient, saves me money but has issues

Pros

Automated options are great. The eFax set up is great. I use it multiple times a week. I don’t have any problems with that. 24/7 customer service is helpful since I am Open everyday. I was able to save, per month on combining my 4 lines together.

Cons

Customer service needs more training. They did not know that an intercom option. Whenever I have an issue, sometimes after calling the customer service team, they fix it but can’t explain to me how they fixed it. Sometimes the reception is a little off for whatever reason because I have had customers call and can’t hear us or we can’t hear them. The dial plan needs work. I have so many lines and different auto attendants, it gets messy but the dial plan needs to light up between dial plans or something to identify the lines. It gets super confusing. Everything is connected via internet. If that’s down, I’m screwed.

LC

Lisa C.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Jive has transformed my regular answering system to a professional automated line.

I like the phone support. Representatives can talk you through everything and explain all your questions. They can also set up your phone line in the customized way you want it. You can put multiple people on hold. If anything doesn't make sense you can call anytime for support. I like all the features Jive has to offer for your line. You can add or remove features depending on your needs for phone service. They have capacity for voicemail and personalized voicemail setup.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Jive Voice Value is Value

The company has great customer service and an affordable price.

Pros

This internet phone service allows you to have a landline at a low price and is customizable for your business.

Cons

The connection is not always good and the number that shows up on callers ID when you make an outbound call is different from the number people are calling.

Thanks for submitting your review! From looking over the comments there may be some ways we can work together to improve your overall experience. We offer a free network tool called Jive View which helps identify potential network improvements to improve call quality, and there are some configuration changes we can adjust to make sure the caller id number you want to show up on outbound calls is registered correctly.

JG

Jaden G.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Connect center is great for admins

Great for monitoring

Pros

I really liked the ability to check total calls as well as the monitoring in the que. It is great to be able to see who is on a call and who is next up.

Cons

Only issue is having to switch between views to see the different ques in the way I wanted

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Terrible Customer Service

Initially it wasn't bad. But when I needed help with the support they started to show their true colors. From their customer services reps, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to their terrible app that doesn't allow for incoming calls we will be looking for a new phone system now that our employees are WFH.

Pros

Was fairly basic but when you have issues you're essentially on your own.

Cons

Customer service was absolutely dreadful. If you're starting to WFH, this is not the solution for you. I spoke to a representative called, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was less than helpful to the point he ended my chat and wouldn't communicate with me further. Needless to say, we will cancel our account immediately.

JM

John M.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Solid VOIP System

My experience with Jive was a pleasant one. At the time it was a significant upgrade from our old system and is certainly an adequate solution for a small office with a VOIP need.

Pros

At the time that our firm made the switch to this system it was a major improvement to our old phone system. For the first time we were able to have custom call handling rules, we could assign temporary voicemails without terminating the standard voicemail, and we had the visibility to see if other team members were on the phone from our own desks.

Cons

What I have learned since moving on to a different software is that competitors allow much more customization in the dial plan, address book, e-faxing, and vacation planning. While this system is perfectly adequate for a home office or simple office, it is not conducive to a large network of employees.

KG

Krista G.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Quick & efficient way to communicate within your remote workspace

It's so simple to navigate that I didn't need to review the user manual

Pros

The hold/transfer ability and soft transfer ability between call lines is very convenient for inner office connections and conferences.

Cons

Sometimes if your internet connection or wifi isn't strong it will cause you to have to start over on the mobile app, but it's a tiny glitch with any technology that is easily adjusted/fixed.