MailBird Logo

MailBird

Email management software to synchronize communications

MailBird Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

See full reviews by rating

Totally happy with its use as it made my work very easy to switch from one mail to another also with amazing features of Facebook and WhatsApp makes our day amazing.
The ease and functionality is out of the roof, specially that ui design its mesmerizing when i installed it first i was like in love with the ui and functions available.
It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.
Their support is horrible. Beginning the third week of plsatitudes and apologies, but NO FIX to a basic, fundamental requirement to sync my calendar.
But there is no way to contact by phone. All I get is a computer generated stupid answer to my questions.

David M.

Disabled Tech Blogger

Computer Software, self-employed

Awesome Windows Desktop E-mail Client for all Major Services.

Transcript

David M.: My name is David. I'm a tier two support technician working in the IP field. And Mailbird,...

Nicholas L.

Education Management, self-employed

Great email client

Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Pros

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

RE

Roman E.

Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees

Bailbird for manage multiple accounts

Good app, and good value for money. Still has some features to be improved

Pros

It does a great job of managing multiple accounts. I use it for my work and my private account and it is very helpful to see both of them in one app. Especially it works well in calendar add-on. Another important thing to note is the variety of add-ons like messengers or task-managing apps

Cons

The functionality of filters is a bit low. When switching accounts in add-on apps, it doesn't permit opening two or more accounts simultaneously. Sometimes the calendar app doesn't refresh automatically and customer support didn't help with it

CH

Clément H.

E-Learning, self-employed

A software that keeps its promises until it doesn't.

Pros

Mailbird is very easy to use and actually better than Outlook on some aspects. I especially like the mailboxes management that lets us monitor our different mailboxes in one glance.

Cons

Unfortunately, the software can be overly simple and you sometimes find yourself looking for a feature that simply does not exist. The text processing is also quite catastrophic with erratic behaviour when it comes to formatting the text. But after all, why not? A simple product at an affordable price offering a good overall experience. Yes... But no. First of all, after 3 years of daily use I'm not...

Hello Clément, We're naturally sorry to hear of your negative experience with Mailbird. Oftentimes, issues affecting Mailbird are not directly related to Mailbird - whenever emails take an abnormally long time to be sent/received, we would need to understand whether external factors are at play, such as an antivirus or security software throttling Mailbird's ability to connect to an email server....

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Amazing Software for Email Sending

It's very good experience.

Pros

I found this software very interesting and helpful for email marketing and management. I send my daily office mails by mailbird to my all clients.

Cons

There's none of the existing features which i dislike.

GK

Gjergji K.

Design, self-employed

Fast, attractive email client

Pros

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

Cons

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Andrea R.

Education Management, self-employed

Google users, beware...

Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

Pros

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Cons

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

DW

Desiree W.

Internet, self-employed

Multitude of features but at the risk of privacy?

I chose not to utilize this software as previously stated.

Pros

There were a lot of apps you could connect with it which increased efficiency.

Cons

I couldn't get customer service to be direct about Facebook and/or other apps you plug into it having access to all your mail info or even info within other plugged in apps. Security and privacy for individuals is becoming more and more of an issue/invasion. Although this software offered a lot of integrations and functionalities, I ultimately chose to uninstall it due to privacy concerns.

JW

Jenny W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

MailBird keeps all our important email in one place

Mailbird saves me so much time by having everything I need all in one place! Very happy with it!

Pros

So helpful having our various work emails together where I can search all at once and keep an eye on my boss's emails for him as well.

Cons

Some non-spam emails occasionally end up in spam, but this is rare and across the board on email platforms.

Abdelaziz R.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

MailBird works so smoothly and is perfect for Windows!

Email handling is very easy and smooth.

Pros

Navigation is very smooth, and it integrates many 3rd party applications to go along with Windows.

Cons

Key emails can be difficult to organize or identify.

SG

Sidney G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

No regrets -solid product for me as a small business owner

Pros

Simple, familiar, many useful integrations

Cons

Search feature not very powerful, mail conversations sometimes messy to read and review

VL

Victor L.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

It just works!

I have many different inboxes that I have to keep track of. Having to switch accounts to check everything at least a few times a day was very time-consuming. Since switching to MailBird I get all my accounts synced to a unified inbox and notified whenever I receive an email. That makes it much easier to stay on top of my work and keep track of everything with minimal effort which could easily save a lot of time.

Pros

The best thing about MailBird is that everything works. I have been using it for many years and it has been very reliable with no problems at all. Everything you should expect from your mail client is there with a few extra features as well but most importantly I have not encountered a single issue since I started using MailBird.

Cons

It might look a little bit basic and does not compare with all the fancy web-like interfaces that most newer software has. But don't let it fool you, there are a lot of great features that make MailBird a powerful tool, and most importantly what it does, it does well.

DE

Danny E.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Pros

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode,...

Cons

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

SM

Stacy M.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Media Production, 5,001-10,000 employees

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Pros

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

Cons

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying...

AL

Adrian L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

It's great to have options

I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there. Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products...

Pros

+ Not made by Microsoft + Beautiful interface + Intuitive + Customisable

Cons

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available) - Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

JM

Jeremy M.

E-Learning, self-employed

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Wendy N.

1,001-5,000 employees

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

TB

Taylor B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks. There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience. The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Cons

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

Masturah D.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

ba

brad a.

Photography, self-employed

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a...

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Tomas F.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Christopher J S.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Ridwan A.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

Pros

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

Cons

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Most reliable Gmail client

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email. * If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave. * There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example). * Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Josemaria G.

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works! Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Pros

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac. Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird. The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time." Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Cons

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?) The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.