All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Zoom Meetings & Chat

Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

Zoom Meetings & Chat Reviews

Pros

What I like most about Zoom is that it's always been a pretty solid connection to the other parties and sound quality is great.

Josiah H.

Read the full review
It's super easy to use both on your phone/tablet and on the computer. It is great for both PCs and Macs and the share screen option works perfectly.

Read the full review
This is a great product to use for quick and easy meetings, especially with a lot of users/ callers. You can join the audio on your computer or by phone- it's great.

Elizabeth N.

Read the full review

Cons

The worst part of Zoom is it's slight lack of functionality, for instance, while there is scheduling a meeting for a group, they can't communicate with each other outside of Zoom.

Miranda D.

Read the full review
If I do have problems sharing my screen, etc. then I have to typically leave zoom and re-enter the meeting. It always solves the problem but is an annoyance.

Josh A.

Read the full review
The recent discovery of the forced video/automatic video without your warning due to the install on your machine is very concerning, and I avoid this software now because of this.

Diana B.

4,526

1,919

6,766 reviews

The best webinar software I’ve used

Zoom Meetings & Chat

Easy to use, full of useful features

Zoom is easy to use and you can tailor its features to your specific needs. The weak whiteboard is but a minor annoyance for a product that offers so much in terms of features and possible customizations.

Pros

The wide spectrum of features, functionality and settings you can tweak to fit your needs. With Zoom you can create sub groups using the breakout room features, create polls, share screens with or without sound, write or scribble in a whiteboard and much more. In terms of security, Zoom has evolved tremendously since the days the term "zoombombing" was made infamously popular: Now you can add a number of security features that allow for safer meetings, like waiting rooms, password protected meetings, and other measures. Zoom is also bandwidth friendly. The generated recordings are also small in size, another welcome feature.

Cons

The whiteboard can be a bit more user friendly and pack more features. Most of the time I end up using OneNote or Miro instead due to the limitations of Zoom's own whiteboard and how cumbersome it is to share that limited board in collaborations with large groups.

Excellent product!

We started using this product about two years before the pandemic, as a replacement to GotoWebinar. The advancement in features and accessibility over the last year has been phenomenal. We have been able to stay connected as a team through the chat, which does not appear to have a limit on the number of channels we can create to navigate teams and collaborative projects. The meeting feature is used by our team for everything from actual meetings, to webinars and a statewide conference. Our colleagues used this platform for their national conference and it was great.

Pros

The zoom platform is very easy to start using. The vast improvements over the last year are excellent! The ease of setting up breakout rooms, navigating all the features is great. The live transcript is quite accurate and can keep up with fairly rapid speech. We have also used the interpretation feature many times with great success. It's incredibly helpful we can also live broadcast to our social media platforms, YouTube, etc.

Cons

If your computer lacks RAM, or your internet is anyway lacking bandwidth the features will bog down. I have been kicked out of meetings due to the number of users on Zoom a few times. The IT team was quick to correct that. Some of the features are not available on older devices more which is disappointing. I have heard that the features are tricky on Mac products. I have used it on my iPad and iPhone, also on Android without issues though.

Zoom Meetings and Chat Review

We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pros

Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Cons

There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

The software that replaced the office during the pandemic

Zoom was our main communication tool during the pandemic. During the past year we held important board meetings, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other occasions. It made the distances shorter by offering an affordable and very easy to use communication platform

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use even by non-tech savvy people. You receive an invitation, you click and you're in. The interface is very simple. Calls over zoom are smooth and don't require a very high speed connection. You can use Zoom for free or you can upgrade it for longer meetings

Cons

The software can be enhanced by adding new features / integrations similar to Microsoft Teams, to integrate project management tools or other applications that can be useful for collaborating teams.

Great connection!

I recommend Zoom meetings, it works and it's continually being improved!

Pros

There are many benefits that Zoom has over its competitors, which I only started appreciating after adopting it as my primary video conferencing program. I found that Zoom connects well even when my connection is not that strong. If the connection is bad, I normally get a pop-up message letting me know that my connection is unstable. This is very helpful because I do not have to try troubleshoot while busy in a meeting. If my connection completely dies and I am booted out of a meeting, when my connection comes back I am seamlessly let back into the meeting without having to restart the session.

Cons

I feel setting up the mic and speaker could be improved, maybe by adding a quick guide within Zoom or a link to one. It would also be nice if Zoom could be able to pick up only speakers and mics that work? I have three speaker options and only one works but Zoom picks all three up, meaning I have to test my speaker each time I start it. The nice part is more often than not it remembers the speaker option I used the last time. It would also be nice if there could be a Zoom call? not have all communication as meetings to be joined.

Best video conferencing service

Zoom helps my colleagues and I easily communicate via video with clients, prospects and colleagues. I also use it for personal use with friends and family which is nice. Zoom has made video conferencing much easier and more enjoybale.

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use and much more reliable than some of the other services available. I've never had it crash or freeze on me. Anyone can join via the web option. It integrates easily with email clients such as Outlook.

Cons

Customizing your experience can be somewhat confusing for some people which is disappointing. But just straight up using Zoom for its primary purpose is easy and the best available.

Zoom has transformed education!

Overall, our experience with Zoom has been extremely positive. We will continue to use Zoom moving into the future.

Pros

Zoom was relatively easy to implement and has allowed for distance learning to become a reality during the pandemic. The simplicity of the interface and the reliability of connection has made Zoom our go-to for daily interaction with colleagues and students.

Cons

One disadvantage of Zoom is the inability to turn off the "self-view" as a default. We have discovered through feedback sessions and research that viewing oneself regularly (through conferencing software) is challenging for some; this causes anxiety and forces users to turn off their webcam. If this "view" could be turned off by default, it may help to lessen the anxiety and engage more with turning on their webcam.

Zoom es una herramienta completa y robusta

En algunas ocasiones se realizan capacitaciones y asambleas donde participan muchas personas, Zoom ha demostrado robustez y calidad tanto en video como en audio además de poder guardar en nube todo lo que se graba en la reunión.

Pros

Tiene todas las herramientas que necesitas para dirigir y controlar una reunión, aun si hay muchos participantes, funciona con velocidades de internet bajas y aun asi te ofrece la mayor calidad posible.

Cons

Algunas de las funcionalidades avanzadas presentan bugs, he configurado algunas reuniones pero al momento de iniciar reunión a veces no concuerda con la configuración realizada.

A perfect solution for virtual meetings and sessions.

Overall, we are quite happy with the experience. The software is easy to use, has a mobile app and any user can join the meeting through a browser without downloading the software. These features helped us in gaining the audience and simplifying the process.

Pros

Zoom was one of the first choices we had in mind when selecting a platform for online meetings and sessions dusting the lockdown. Our main reasons for going with Zoom was it's intuitive UI which is simple and accessible for any a beginner and experienced user. It has some extra features when compared to other conferencing platforms, like the ability to write on top on of screen, scheduling multiple meetings, chat with a specific individual during a meeting etc.

Cons

The meeting recording is created with an unfamiliar video format due to which it has to be processed and converted to conventional formats such as MP4 for uploading it on any social media. One more thing which we didn't like was that any user can join the meeting with any name, disturb the meeting and leave. The meeting organizer won't be able to find his info.

Zoom has been our go to business communication medium during this challenging times

Business communications have been over reliant on zoom due to the situation with people working from home and have been excellent tool thus far .

Pros

Ease of use and adoption to non tech savvy users is the key in the product . Never comes across any bottlenecks during the usage thus far , Live chat and status of users is a game changer

Cons

desktop sharing at times have been a bit laggy at times , other than that i feel this is the best mid range solution in the market

Zoom Zooms Past the Competition

I use Zoom daily as my primary online business video communication tool. I sometimes find myself using it five or six hours a day while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic. I also use Zoom casually in the evenings or on weekends to communicate with family and friends around the world.

Pros

I have found Zoom to be the most stable and the highest quality of all of the online video communication platforms. Zoom brings people together by putting video, voice, web, and chat all in one place. In addition, Zoom makes it easy to share a window, a browser tab, or the entire screen with others. Files can also be uploaded and shared. Virtual backgrounds make hiding a messy room easy and filters (Anyone care for a bunny nose and ears?) are fun for casual or online social-distance drinking.

Cons

My biggest complaint would be that if someone gets cut off in a meeting due to an Internet connection problem and reenters, then the chat history from before they got cut off will no longer be visible to them. There are also many options so, in the beginning, it might be difficult for a new user to find some of them.

Reliable cross-platform tool for video conferences and meetings.

Zoom has been very useful for online teaching of both one-to-one classes and for group classes. It allows me to share my screen with a student, or see their screen and work on the same document at the same time. The "virtual background" feature is useful for times when we don't want other participants to see the room we are in. This helps maintain a sense of privacy as well. Zoom's virtual background is particularly effective and quite natural-looking.

Pros

Zoom offers a stable platform for online meetings . Over the course of hundreds of meetings attended by 5-20 participants, video connection and sound quality has been outstanding. Only minor lags have occurred. Multi-platform. Zoom runs perfectly on our member's Linux systems and, of course, on Windows and Mac systems as well. I particularly like the fact Zoom goes out of its way to support a wide range of Linux distros including Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Oracle, RedHat, Fedora, Arch and Manjaro. Outstanding! Offers advanced settings that allow the use of co-hosts, automatic naming of video files, accessibility of recorded videos. The ability to save each person's audio track to a separate file is particularly useful when editing a meeting video into presentations.

Cons

Zoom has been caught up in controversy over routing data through servers in China, but Zoom management states that this has been addressed. Much of the R&D and development is done in China which may be of concern. A problem we found was that unless the correct time zone and time is specifically set in the Admin profile, Zoom might save recordings with the incorrect date and time. Be sure to check this otherwise you'll end up with a folder full of incorrectly dated meeting files that will require hours of time to sort out and rename. (This happened to us).

Solid product for online meetings, events and training. Poor customer service

The UI and functions are right on the mark for use. Adoption rate was high over all, with the exception of very young users and ones over 60.

Pros

Functions, server speed, adoption rate was hight and required less technical support for users. It's popularity aided in the decision to use it. Already had experence with it pre-pandemic.

Cons

Custoemr service is often non existant. I submitted two technical questions. After 6 months there was still no answer. When there finally was, it was a 'sorry it's been hectice,' and a 'we're going to close this ticket' reply. Keeping people up to date with release is an issue, but most keep up.

Best quality platform for lectures and courses

Zoom Webinars has made it possible for us to continue working during the Covid 19 Pandemic, and we are overall positively surprised how reliable it is even when we have more than 300 participants. We send out the invitation to hundreds of participants and almost a 100% of them log in to the webinar without any trouble.

Pros

The quality of the image is significantly better than other widely used platforms like Google Meet, Skype and Teams. For hosting lectures, Zoom has all the important features needed: screen sharing, sound sharing, the possibility to see the chat even during screen sharing (which is not the case of many other well-known platforms). When we first started using Zoom, it was because of the "break-out room" feature, which we used for discussion groups. Another key point was the facility to invite participants to the meeting, and login is easy even for participants who are not too familiar with computers.

Cons

Initially, several company servers wouldn't allow their computers to download the Zoom app, so many participants could not join the meeting. We had to send out special invitations asking them to join through their browsers instead - which fortunately was an existing alternative. However, most companies nowadays recognize the Zoom app as reliable, so it hasn't really been an issue lately. The automatic...

Better balance between audio and video quality and ease of use.

I use Zoom every week for business meetings and to teach. I use the co-host role a lot so I can dedicate myself to my class while someone else runs the room. It also helps me to record the classes to evaluate them later or upload the material to the internet.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it is suitable for both small meetings and large presentations. It is easy to use for those who do not usually master computer tools, who will meet their needs. But it also has a variety of advanced configuration and management capabilities that allow you to teach or make professional presentations. Another great point is its audio and video quality, its possibilities to divide the meeting into small groups, use co-hosts who help to manage the room, etc ...

Cons

The price can be limiting. The free version allows meetings of up to 40 ', and can be useful. And the $ 15 version has unlimited time and up to 100 people in the room. It is usually the most appropriate. But when it comes to needing superior support, or to make a webinar or other types of presentations, it tends to be quite expensive.

Let's Zoom!

Remember the time when everyone was saying "Go google this"? Well, there is a new word in English these days - let's Zoom )) An incredible alternative to Skype, this software allows you to easily connect with others across the globe via your phone or PC. The others don't even need to have Zoom installed - they just need the invitation link!

Pros

Firstly, you can have quite a few participants - and if you are the meeting leader, you can turn off all their cameras and mics. Very useful for those colleagues who are not very self-aware. Secondly, the amazing screen sharing feature - where I can also give control to another participant over one of my open programs or my whole desktop, while conversing all the time. Talking about TeamViewer on steroids! Another massive plus is that in the free version you get your own free meeting with a unique link and you can reuse it again and again. In this way, people eventually know your "zoom address" )) and can contact you easier! Or they can just add you to their chat/contact list and zoom you whenever they need your assistance.

Cons

The one thing that is very annoying is the Waiting room... Often I would invite people to my Zoom call, only to find them stuck in the waiting room and unable to join. I myself had often been stuck in others' waiting rooms as well. Trying to turn off the feature in the account settings has no effect - apparently this is mandatory. If Zoom devs would reconsider this and allow us to turn off waiting rooms, Zoom would be much better.

Great seamless features (but missing a few)

Zoom has been a game changer and has elevated the classroom expereince.

Pros

Zoom has a lot of great videos conferencing features. Reactions, virtual backgrounds, chats, recording co-hosting, breakout rooms. Whats even better, is the administrator of the calls has a lot of freedom for how to set up calls. You can have participants hidden to one another (like a webinar), you can have the chat disabled between participants or entirely. Even their post call features are useful. You can see who attended, you can password protect the recording, and you can have a transcription of the recording. I especially like that participants can call in with a phone, laptop, tablet, or any device.

Cons

While the features are all great, there are a few missing that would really make it the top conferencing option. One would be built-in meeting notes (like mircosoft teams). Another would be live captions for audio-impaired participants. And finally, I wish there was an option to reduce the quality of your video, because with higher HD devices, Zoom sucks all the bandwith of internet and makes it impossible for other devices to browse or stream. However for many meetings video is required so participants cannot turn off their video.

Assessible, Simple & SUPER Customer Support

Overall, I would say I love everything about ZOOM and I should say thanks to this software that our shift from our offline course to online can be so easy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access Zoom app. My targeted customers are mostly housewives who are fairly new to technology and apps. Zoom comes in as an easy access for them as all they need is just a click on their unique link which could easily land them to the Meeting room. Simple Register Page I also like that I could create a simple lead page for my registrants. Although my company is not using...

Cons

I have to hesitate here for a few seconds to actually think of the downsides. But they do have a couple of things that I would like to see that could be improved by Zoom. The ability to save the CHAT HISTORY. As we are trying to close sales through our webinar, and since there's no way to take down the potential clients who have responded in the chat, we have to manually write their names down to...

Virtual Learning

Overall this has been a good option as our schools have moved to virtual learning. It is easiest used among adults and is very simple to use.

Pros

Zoom is a great way to connect with others when video and audio are necessary. It is great for meetings, e-learning, and social connections. I really like that you can share your screen. This is especially helpful for e-learning. It allows the students to see what you are seeing (and allows you to see what they are having problems with). I also like that you can split up into break-out rooms. This gives diversity of discussion. The administrator also has the ability to hop in and out of different rooms. As a teacher, this is a great way to get students talking while also supervising the conversations.

Cons

There are some difficulties with this software and e-learning. For example, the leader can mute all participants; however, participants can unmute themselves. This makes it difficult if you have a student who wants to interrupt the lesson. They can simply unmute themselves at any time. Also, while you can share your screen, every participant can also share their screen. If too many people try to share their screen at one time, it creates a bit of chaos and oftentimes glitches out the system.

Zoom make social distancing easier

I knew about zoom before this pandemic. However, I became a frequent user since the pandemic and the lock down. Apart from the few issues I had which most of them minor the software was quite useful and I benefited alot from using it.

Pros

Being that our new normal at work is to work from home most days it made meeting much easier. I really love the fact that all we had to do is send a link for everyone to be joined without an hassle. Zoom can be used for multiple purposes and not just for meetings. It is used for online learning, preventing students to have to be face to face with their peers and their teachers. It is very user friendly. Another pro is that you can share multiple screens and it allows virtual background which is top tier. The virtual feature of hand raising is amazing Especially in schools and meetings.

Cons

Even though this software is on it's way to top tier there is still some areas that could be improved upon and they are: 1) it should be clear on how you turn on your mike 2) you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use customer support and when you do (at least when I do) there is no customer support 3)there should be an option for you to share and communicate with persons you are waiting. 4)the virtual backgrounds could be a bit clearer or look a bit more realistic

Getting Together With Zoom

Before 2020, I never expected to need a virtual meeting program. I was able to conduct much of my business with customers or clientele over the phone or in person. Now I feel like I can't live without Zoom. From virtual conferences to discussing illustrations with colleagues, it has become a necessity when we couldn't get together.

Pros

Some of the better features of Zoom are the ease of connecting with others via video conferencing. The company keeps its software updated, and they do care about security. You can use the program for free and still get many options, such as unlimited one to one meetings, 40-minute meetings, and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants. There are nice video options such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, spotlight multiple people, etc. With a pro plan ($149.90 /year/license), you can have the ability to offer longer meetings (I encourage question and answer periods), streaming, and reporting functionality.

Cons

I recently found out that there are many people who still don't have access to a computer. Those that want to join the meetings can do it by phone, but it is cumbersome to connect. I had to snail mail the meeting information to a few folks so that they could connect to a meeting of mine, and I had a difficult time walking them through the steps. The program doesn't let you sign in with more than one device. I wanted to troubleshoot the phone call issue and others myself but needed someone else's account to verify the solutions. I also wish Zoom offered a simple blurred background option for their virtual session like Skype offers. I don't necessarily need anything fancy for a background. I just want to make my background less distracting, especially when my cat starts bathing behind me.

A Lifesaver During Covid

Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

ZOOM for team discussions, learning and more!

Overall, I had a good experience with ZOOM. Through the application we are able to have team discussions, discuss ongoing project, presentation and more. I am able to join live meetings in anytime and anywhere. With the remote desktop connections, we are able to access the office PC(virtually), and do works as specified. So, its been easier for us to 'Work From Home' in this pandemic.

Pros

Zoom is great app for online video conferencing. It Supports multiple devices, file sharing, video calls, texts(chats), screen hosting, remote access and much more within the single app. The interface seems smooth and navigation within the app is handy. Zoom has its own in-built screen recording feature, and users don't need to install any external softwares for screen recording.

Cons

For most of the times, I am experiencing the repetition of audio as I speak. It's quiet disturbing when I heard my own voice repeling back. Also, sometimes, the calls ends out unexpectedly, and I am likely to miss important announcement and team discussions.

A very complete conferencing application that suffers from usability issues

Overall I have found Zoom to be a stable and valuable tool. The pricing structure is reasonable and the features very complete. I like that the company is continuing on improving security which is imperative to it's continued use. I often recommend and use Zoom because of this.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate the most is that only the host of a meeting is required to have a membership to take advantage of long conference calls. This has opened up the ability to use Zoom with a wide array of customers and use cases, such as adding family members. Zoom is also frequently updating their application to make it more user friendly and add compelling features which has made this conferencing tool a goto for nearly everyone. The fact it is completely cross platform makes it accessible for anyone I need to conference call with.

Cons

The inconstancies and the seemingly constant adjustment of features is a blessing and a curse. When working with others they often can't find how to do something that they "saw yesterday." While this isn't a major issue for professionals, it can be crippling and frustrating to non-technical users. Also, there is a level of inconsistency between desktop and mobile applications on the location of buttons...

Zoom- The best video and audio calling application for Business.

My overall experience with zoom has been really great since the software is very easy to understand as well as use and the speed with which is operates is really recommendable. Also, the screen sharing feature on this application is fastest when compared to its peers. Having said that, I would again like to reiterate that it is one of the best internet calling applications available in the market right now .

Pros

Zoom is one of the best and fastest audio and video calling software available in the market today. As per my understanding, the best USP of zoom is the simplicity with which this software is created and moreover the speed of manuovering in moving from one functionality to another within the software. I would also specifically like to mention the fact that while working on slow internet speeds, I have experinced zoom calls to be the most seamless and thus they provided a wonderful experience even in low internet badwidth conditions.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like much about this software is the limited number of functions it provides to the end user. To elaborate, zoom is primarily used only for calls and chats. I wish i could have seen more features in this application like file sharing and editing on cloud, intergration and preparation of different types of office products etc. within zoom, that way we would not have to switch to other applications for these kind of tasks .

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.