Zoom Reviews

Zoom

Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

4.63/5 (4,342 reviews)

Pros
  • We have had great success and increase moblity by using this product. Extremely intuitive so video conference meetings are now becoming more popular than the face-to-face.Gary A.Read the full review
  • This is a great platform to have a video conversation. It is easy to use and for the most part the video quality is good.Fonda C.Read the full review
  • I love the ability to record video chats and look at them at a later date and I love the chat feature that is integrated in the software.Jen S.Read the full review
Cons
  • It might be people's internet connection that causes these problems, but sometimes the video lags and is unclear. People's audio sometimes cuts out too.Sally L.Read the full review
  • The recent discovery of the forced video/automatic video without your warning due to the install on your machine is very concerning, and I avoid this software now because of this.Diana B.Read the full review
  • Meeting setup can be a bit confusing - this is a pretty common problem among most platforms, but generating conference ID can get a little confusing depending on who is navigating the meeting.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
James Antrim

Zoom video webinar meetings simplicity and power in meeting and webinar software

Reviewed 2019-08-06

My overall experience has been very good and we have solidly used at least 2 other leaders in this category over the past 2-5 years.

Pros
Zoom seems to work really well on all our platforms and provides many options for our participants on many devices, so we have mobile and desktop and laptop and meeting rooms all in one meeting. We regularly use Zoom to meet across the country in large,medium and small groups. It has the potential to have 1000 participants if you have the right plan with the webinars option. We quite often connect up our usb high quality microphones after the meeting is started and they are picked up instantly with the choice of sources available. You can present graphics, desktop and sound across the presentation. Another cool feature is that if you are using multiple screens it is really easy to choose what you share. Recording the meetings is really simple with the choice of recording to your pc or the cloud for later playback and sharing. Also these recorded files come in various options including audio only. We sometimes grab these recorded training sessions and edit them and turn them into repeatable training resources. RSVP can be managed with the addon for webinars. you can setup many defaults for variables before the meeting starts like record, mute on, video on.

Cons
I think the only thing I am not sure that it does is allow you to mute incoming calls in case they are noisy, in most other instances we have had no issue muting computer based listeners if they became a litttle noisy.

Lee Cote

Best way to communicate via the web: Zoom!

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Zoom brings so much to the table. It really is a dream come true software. People can save on travel, share their work and communicate their ideas from the comfort of their own home or office. What a great software!!!!!

Pros
Zoom Video Webinar is straight forward, easy to use. Our team uses it for our weekly meetings and we also use it for our organizations Board Meetings as well. Sharing a screen is great. I love how you can test a microphone and speaker as well. I also love the fact that you can book a meeting in advance. The app is really easy to use as well.

Cons
I think that there should be a control setting on who can and who can not make notes on the screen. One board meeting a team member started doodling on a slide he thought only he could see and as he looked up and saw his doodle was going out over the entire board meeting. Luckily we were able to clear it.

Anonymous

Meetings and Calls without worry of time and distance

Reviewed 2020-01-05

Overall zoom is a great tool for meetings and webinar. People can also join without host joining the call. So, you don't have to wait till host's join. It's quick and the phone app works well to. I like the UI It's simple and easy to send an invite. We used to do all meeting including international ones with zoom only and if the internet is good, I never faced and drop or lags in the call.

Pros
The quality of audio and video both calls is good without any interference and drops. We used to use this software daily for our client meetings and bi-weekly webinars. There used to be multiple people in calls from different locations internationally, there were no delays in calls. Screen sharing is one of the most useful feature as we need this all the time for client calls. Another helpful feature is, you can record you webinar which can be shared later with the group and during the meetings you can also send messages privately to one person. Sending invites is quite easy as the interface is simple. Additionally, different time zone can also be selected for calls. I used to have zoom app installed on my phone as well and used to join meetings while travelling through phone only. The app works well too it's easy to use and has all the features. Once or twice the app hanged and the call was dropped in between but otherwise i didn't found any other problem. On my laptop I never faced such kind of issue with this software. And of course as it works using internet, if your connection isn't stable or good you'll have lags and drops. It has all the basic features need in any webinar software like mute, audio, video, desktop sharing, chat, adding to calendars, time zone selection etc. So finally, it's easy to use and quality is also nice. The free version has no trial period and can be used as long as you want with some limitations. I would recommend this software.

Cons
The free version has limited minutes of conferencing and the call is disconnected automatically after that. This feels wired as one time we were in the middle of explain a feature and the call ended abruptly. Of course you can start the meeting again and continue but for group meetings I would recommend the paid version. The link generated for meetings has random string rather than you id or name. So, it is difficult to recognize the link just be looking at it and you have to look the detailed invite as who's hosting the meeting. It would be easier and time saving if there is name in the meeting link itself.

Anonymous

Better Than Many of Their Competitors, but Not Great

Reviewed 2019-06-29

While Zoom is far from perfect, they are infinitely better than so many of their competitors that you can forget about most of their shortcomings. Except for one major one - their user interface. It's horrible. And I have not noticed any discernable upgrades or enhancements to really any aspect of their product over time. It appears they have a If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It philosophy, but there are things that maybe aren't broken but have major room for improvement.

Pros
Of all the video conferencing tools out there - and there is no shortage of them, either past or present - I have to say that Zoom works probably the best as far as logging in and everything working. Everybody who has ever attended a video conference knows the headache and utter waste of time known as "technical difficulties" especially those that arise at beginning of any video conference. This person's video isn't working; that person can't hear. You keep getting disconnected. Zoom somehow avoids this most of the time and that rarest of all things usually occurs - video conferences start on time.

Cons
If you have any more than say three - max four - participants, you're going to go crazy trying to include and see everybody at once. Yes, it's okay when whoever is speaking is shown front and center, but when you're speaking and want to gauge everyone's expression and just see everybody as though you are in the same room with in person, Zoom's Brady Bunch opening from Hell interface will literally drive you mad.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ahmet Fatih IRKLI

No Latency Video Meeting with Robust Infrastructure

Reviewed 2020-04-04

We switched to Zoom recently and it has been serving very well. All our colleagues can easily meet online while they are doing their job at home. It was really easy to implement and deploy on our environment.

Pros
Zoom have lots of useful features compared to its competitors in the market. I will not mention about the main features such as video&audio meeting. The features that i liked most are: - No latency problem, it works perfectly fast even with huge load due to coronavirus lockdown period. - Reasonable bandwith consumption with a lot of participants. - Easy to manage groups and members as a company admin. - Annotation on presentation or on blank screen allows people to disscuss on the subject material. - Public and private chat during a meeting. - Easy file sharing. - Virtual background without blue curtain is useful. - Mobile platform application availability. The mobile app offers wide functionality almost same as desktop. - Various options of joining a meeting.

Cons
I am glad to use Zoom in this hard times. I do not have any bad experiences.

Nikola Marks

Fun way to remote working

Reviewed 2020-03-31

We started with free option at the beginning which allows 100 participant per meeting. The number of participants in a meeting is mostly less than 100 for our company. However, free option limits meeting period time to 40 minute. You need to restart the meeting every 40 minute. Therefore, after testing it for a week, we subscribed to Zoom. Overall, I am happy we chose Zoom for online meetings. In specific, online meeting tools becomes essential during these lockdown period and Zoom proved itself to us with its features and performance.

Pros
Zoom offers various useful features and as a medium sized company we benefit from most of these features. Before the lockdown period our teams were using Zoom for video meetings. They were doing product presentations to customers remotely. Nowadays, because of the lockdown, we all are using Zoom on daily basis. Video meetings are reliable, connection speeds are fast and there is almost no latency at all. Bandwith usage is also less when compared to previous tool we used. -Collaborative annotation feature is the most used feature amongst others for our company. -Zoom also allows to connect on mobile devices and share the screen on your mobile phone as well. -Instant messaging is good as it allows both public messaging and private messaging between participants. -File sharing is easy and fast. -Virtual background feature is fruitful even without a green screen when you are not sitting in an untidy environment and also virtual backgrounds makes meetings funnier. -Lastly, Zoom allows various ways to join a meeting. Direct landline calling option is splendid. As an admin of the tool, I can say that user management is also easy.

Cons
They can improve their virtual background library. Everybody loved virtual background feature, but it needs wider collection. Also image processing algorithm can be improved, as it sometimes filtering the person instead of the background.

Andy Thornton

Best audio and video conferencing we've used easily

Reviewed 2020-02-06

We needed a reliable audio and video conferencing platform to use for small meetings, all hands meetings, and training, among other things. Zoom has always fit those needs perfectly. Meetings are easy to setup, record and the quality is always top notch.

Pros
Zoom is incredibly easy to implement, use, and administrate. We've used all the major audio and video conferencing platforms out there, and Zoom is by far the best. The biggest thing is it just works and works in a repeatable manner. We used to always have issues with other software of changes we made not sticking, such as audio sources. Zoom just works.

Cons
I honestly can't think of any issues we've had with Zoom or anything that I don't like about it. It's always been rock solid.

Mauricio Camacho

Zoom evolves to the rhythm of communications

Reviewed 2020-02-07

For me having Zoom is a way to add better forms of internal and external communication in our organization. With the implementation of Zoom in the company where I work we have cut a lot of time and we have avoided making many personal meetings that usually take more planning time. Zoom opens paths to have a free space where work teams can have a better experience of sharing experiences and projects in common. Remote work is greatly simplified with Zoom. With your first uses you will notice that it is a fast, safe and reliable online meeting platform. These are characteristics that are difficult to achieve, at least together, in other similar alternatives. I would tell them that if they took a walk through the other similar applications, but it is better that they start with Zoom so that they save time of experience that they will live with the meetings made with Zoom. Zoom evolves to the rhythm of communications.

Pros
I can say that Zoom is a very secure online platform. I have used it in many opportunities and it has always left us with a good impression. Security has to do with compatibility with many popular third-party software. That gives greater confidence when setting up online meetings and at the same time they have a connectivity that no other application can give. I feel very pleased with the use of Zoom. It is an experience of another level.

Cons
The mobile version hundred that falls short with the features they offer. Actually you can tell the difference with respect to the application for desktop computers. When working with the mobile version, the same quality of experience is not felt and this causes the session to have some limitations, which does not happen when a conversation is made from the PC. It is not a great nuisance but the idea is to have the same level of experience in both cases.

Ian Miller

A must have for telepresence

Reviewed 2020-03-03

I work as a remote team member leading the product of a small tech startup. As such it's crucial for my team to feel like I'm as available as if I was physically in the office. Many gimmicky products have tried to fill this need but zoom rooms is the only product that have us what we needed.

Pros
Very easy to use, affordable with a generous free trial and just the right mix of features for an always available telepresence. We use an ipad hooked up to a mac mini with a normal lcd monitor. My CEO only has to hit a single button and he has my live video feed up (I still have to accept the call but there's an option to let the feed start immediately if that's the sort of set up you need). It's the next best thing to being there. Audio and video quality and better than most other systems we've tried.

Cons
We were hoping to find a P2P system that was free. So the only thing negative I have to say about zoom is that it isn't free, which is a pretty minor complaint! The pricing structure is reasonable, especially if you just need one zoom room station.

Kaleb-John Loo

Power Productive Meetings

Reviewed 2020-03-18

Zoom is the best web conferencing software that I have used. It has no hassles, reducing time wasted setting up and connecting to meetings. Using Zoom meetings is a pleasant experience and supports a high number of participants with no reduction in quality.

Pros
Zoom is a high quality web conferencing software. It is easy to launch a Zoom meeting and instantly connect within a few clicks. The video and voice is high quality and I have not had a problem yet. Zoom also offers remote desktop control, which is very useful when debugging customer issues.

Cons
Zoom performs at a worse quality if you do not download the Zoom software when joining a meeting. This is not a big problem though as the Zoom link will prompt and install and the download and install only takes a few seconds.

Suzana Pinto

Modern Meetings Made Easy!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-04-06

Overall, Zoom Meetings & Chat has become a great way to get work done in a simple manner. Everyone is online now, and in person conferences are outdated. Whether you're working from home, remotely, or need several members in different states to jump on a conference, and watch your screen for training purposes, I would recommend it. Overall it is pretty easy to use, but I would definitely RUN A TEST MEETING FIRST with at least one other person so you can guide colleagues accessing it for the first time. I have used other video meetings, and Zoom has worked seamlessly for me. Of course you don't need to use it just for business, my son's classroom uses it, as well as you can chat with family members, change backgrounds for fun interaction too. I will likely continue to use Zoom Meetings & Chat for a long while.

Pros
This is a great time to use modern software like Zoom Meetings & Chat for video conference and meetings. I will try to go over all the features which I believe makes this software customizable. You can use it either through a desktop, ipad or tablet, as well as your cell phone. The cellphone or other tablets may have limited features though. The thing I like the most about Zoom is being able to schedule several meeting, invite individual members to the meeting, either through a meeting ID number and password (optional) or a specific URL as an easy access link. I believe all invited need to have the software downloaded AND create a login. For training purposes, you can easily show your screen to your meeting members, so if they have a hard time accessing or understanding the information given to them, you can show them step by step. The host can also screen record the meeting to share with someone that wasn't available to attend the meeting. The host is the only one who can all members at once and individually mute/unmute. Everyone has the option of seeing a gallery of members on one screen or one person at a time (generally whoever is speaking). Lastly, there is a chat option included, but if you're on a tablet or phone you can't access the chat and see members at the same time. The chat is good to share links or information shared that you want members to access. Sorry about the list but they really have SO MANY OPTIONS.

Cons
The host MUST have a strong internet capability otherwise there may be some lagging so keep that in mind. Also, members that are accessing the meeting over a phone or tablet may have a limited amount of features, so I highly recommend a desktop (with camera) and hard internet wired for a more professional approach. I do believe they have currently waived the 40 minute max for meetings, but generally, I think you have to pay extra to have meetings longer than 40 minutes. This is not usually a problem, unless you have a very long meeting. Meeting Security/Safety is another issue. I would HIGHLY suggest not sharing URL links online. ONLY SHARE URLS OR MEETING IDS DIRECTLY WITH WHO YOU WANT TO ATTEND, AND HAVE IT PASSWORD PROTECTED. If your meeting isn't password protected, it may be likely that anyone could access your meeting. The last thing you want is a stranger jumping into your meeting and roaming free on what they say or show. There are people like that out there, so save yourself the trouble.

Madeleine Williams

Surprisingly Good For Distance Learning

Reviewed 2020-03-17

Right now, my company is moving all language classes to Zoom for the foreseeable future until further notice, in order to commit to social distancing during the coronavirus crisis within the Washington, D.C., and New York City metropolitan regions. Although we are still within the first two weeks of transition, it has been a smooth one overall and both teachers and students (as well as company administrators) seem pleased enough in spite of the vast differences between virtual learning and in-person classes.

Pros
There are *so* many features that are amazingly effective for language learning in a virtual classroom. Besides the expected (and helpful) virtual whiteboard and screen sharing available to both me as the teacher and other users as students, there are also Breakout Rooms. This is essential for learning any foreign language; the Breakout Rooms simulate partnered or smaller group activities that are necessary for practicing the target language in context with another learner. These allow students to speak one-on-one (or in small groups) with each other for a brief exercise before returning to the Main Room of the video chat. The teacher can also check in on each of the private Breakout Rooms to make sure everything is running smoothly, and if a student requires immediate help, there is another button within a Breakout Room to let the teacher know. Lastly, one feature that I have not found in other video chat software such as Skype or Google Hangouts is the virtual hand-raising button. This prevents users from speaking over each other, and the host/teacher can immediately tell which student would like to ask a question.

Cons
I think almost everything could potentially be improved... It is always harder to conduct a meeting virtually than in real life, especially when that meeting is a *language lesson.* It is the first stages, however, so I and my students will have to adapt over the next few weeks. That said, I am a little frustrated that the host/teacher cannot share a screen view or a whiteboard during the Breakout Rooms. This forces students to share their own screens with each other, and/or have other apps open at the same time. I would like for them to be able to access my lesson slides during their small group/partnered activities, but this doesn't seem to be possible yet with Zoom.

Uelinton Santos

Our efficiency increased with Zoom

Reviewed 2020-03-12

We use Zoom daily for meetings with many participants. The recording feature is very helpful and, provide us with an opportunity to replicate knowledge and to record important meetings.

Pros
Ease of use and quality of video / audio transmission. There is integration available in Zapier, which is very useful to integrate the booking of meetings with, for example, Google Calendar.

Cons
Smartphone version interface. Lack of integration to deliver video recordings directly to, for example, Youtube.

Derek Fetsch

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

Reviewed 2020-03-09

We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond. The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros
This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software. Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons
In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

Melody Enghofer

Great for collaborative meetings where participants are in different locations, easy to use

Reviewed 2020-03-04

For a period of time, I solely worked from home because I had young children. Zoom was a game changer for me! I was able to be present for staff meetings, have regular meetings with my boss(es) to discuss tasks & meet with other staff when needed to coordinate projects or train others. It was instrumental in allowing me to work from home and still stay connected to the team and on the right path with my tasks!

Pros
This is an amazing tool that allows you to collaborate and connect with others easily, and you have the convenience of being able to do so from all different locations. In terms of features, one of my personal favorites is to be able to share a screen with the other participants. It's been a great support to be able to use a visual in meetings in addition to the verbal discussion. I also love that I can hit the downsize button on the Zoom screen and it will become a small icon on the screen that still streams the video and allows me to see who is talking, but it frees up my screen to multitask. Zoom is also flexible - meetings can be scheduled in advance or on the fly and shared with others. It's easy to share the meeting with others, and the program itself is easy to use! There is minimal set-up required to get Zoom functioning on your computer and that only needs to be done once. most impactful features, easy to use? integration w business easy?

Cons
Missing features or improvement needed? Difficult to use? As mentioned in the Pros, one of my favorite functions is to be able to share my screen with other participants. However, it's not a true screen share - you're only sharing one item (an open file, document, or website, etc). If you move to a different item on your computer it does update the screen for the other participants. Only the file/website/doc that you originally picked will show to the other users. At times that set up is perfect and allows you to look at other things on your computer without disrupting the meeting. However, I wish there were an option to have the screen share update based on what the sharer is looking at. At times I have a number of things I need to show the other participants, and it becomes tedious to have to close the screen share and re-open it whenever I want to change what I'm showing the participants.

Rick Rutledge

It Works

Reviewed 2020-02-19

Not great. It connects and works, as long as you're not using AirPods.

Pros
It generally connects and stays connected despite the network quality. The software is agile enough to know when you're using a sub-par ISP with low bandwidth and tells you to disable features that will drag down the performance. Aside from that, it just works.

Cons
You can not use Apple AirPods with this software. It's a known issue and Zoom has done nothing to fix it. What happens is you will connect your AirPods to the machine you're using via Bluetooth and then when -- which has to happen in that order if you want any slim possibility of it working -- then you connect to Zoom. Once you're in Zoom it "Detects a change to your audio settings" and makes you punch in your computer password to "authorize" the change to your AirPods. Once that's complete, Zoom doesn't like it and disconnects your AirPods from the machine completely and automatically switches to another audio source.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Michelle Kwan

It works internationally as well

Reviewed 2019-12-13

We are all able to share screens and see the same content together, at the same time. We do not have to email our spreadsheets or presentations before the meeting, constantly reminding everyone where to look or what we are discussing to stay on topic. We are able to see our team's faces for better communication, which leads to better understanding and interaction.

Pros
Ease of installation and integration with google. Once extensions are all installed, you can schedule your Zoom meeting right in the google calendar, which is always a plus. Our company uses Zoom to have meetings within office and with our teams from Australia, Canada, Korea, and China and it works flawlessly. I am able to see our team members from China and video quality is Superb. I share my screens to show content to them as well and it works really well. It never crashed or lagged once. We have used other softwares before and always had a bad connection issues which was very frustrating.

Cons
At first, people have hard time learning to use the program. Zoom offers so much features that sometimes, people are confused about what works for what but eventually, people figure it out and it works.

Marki Zander

Zoom: Easy to Learn and Should Replace Any Other Video Conferencing Software You Have

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Overall my experience with Zoom has been overwhelmingly positive. Once you get over the initial bumps in the road to figure out how to best use it, it shines as a software. I have never had a dropped, stalled, or buffered call, I have never had audio issues, it really is a cut above the rest in that regard. After using Zoom I can't imagine going back to competitors like Skype or Google Hangouts for video conferencing.

Pros
It's honestly very easy to use. Even our clients who don't necessarily have Zoom downloaded prior to a Zoom Meeting find it easy to get up and running which really takes the burden off of us and relieves any back and forth having to explain how to work the program during time that should be spent already on a call. The functionality of the software does not change very much between the free version and the more premium versions which I appreciated; the paid version really only seems to remove the restrictions of the free version so it didn't feel like having to learn a brand new program once we made the switch. Everything is labeled fairly clearly, and I didn't have to research the software extensively to find out how to work each function because of how user-friendly it is. The options to use your computer audio or call in by phone really makes it shine I think though, as most video conferencing software does not provide the either/or option, which I think anyone who has been in a video conference will know only leads to lackluster audio quality.

Cons
I think if Zoom created a handbook or user guide that they sent to each person or business who purchases their software, it would really put them above the rest. The software is user-friendly, but I did have to google a few things to figure out how to work certain elements of the software. I understand the reasoning behind defaulting every call to password protected, but I think it should be optional, as there are already a lot of numbers involved in accessing a call and throwing in a password has confused more than one of my meeting participants. The invitation to each zoom meeting I think is also a little unclear, when you first start using the program it is an overwhelming amount of information to have put in front of you and with the addition of multiple phone numbers by time zone and two different links it can be difficult to puzzle out. If it was a little more clearly defined I think it would be perfect, I know I had to trial and error myself before figuring out how to do it right every time.

Michael Barozzini

Best Video Collaboration Tool on the Market

Reviewed 2019-12-04

Zoom has been a great investment for us. We have never had software or any tool so quickly adopted by our users. By using Zoom, we have cut costs on video conferencing and allowed ourselves to do more with less in regards to conferencing. It has become the go to collaboration tool, and more user are doing video conferencing/screen sharing than they ever did with another tool.

Pros
I love how simple it is to use and how robust a tool it is without much management or administration. We have never had a tool that was so highly accepted and adopted with minimal effort by our users. We love the tool so much that it has become our company wide video conferencing solution.

Cons
The biggest drawback with the tool that I have seen so far isn't really an issue with the tool as much as it is about we use it. We have had issues with being able to play video's through the Zoom at the same time as presenting. We get a delay in the video and audio when doing this. I think this would happen regardless of the solution, but it's worth mentioning.

Jason McEwan

Zoom Review

Reviewed 2019-12-04

I am very happy with our choice to move to Zoom. It is not very resource intensive and is more cost effective than Webex. No additional 'Firewall work' was needed to get it going on our network and the interface is clean. The web admin console is easy to use and makes managing licenses a breeze. We are able to save on the amount of licenses needed as non licensed user still has 45 minutes of meeting time. Users are normally prompted very clearly about how soon the 45min time will elapse and it helps to wrap up meetings. I highly recommend Zoom for any size organization.

Pros
I like the fact that Zoom is not very resource intensive and runs very well within our virtual environment. Video rendering is surprisingly good on a virtual machine with 1 core and 2Gb of memory. We opted to install the client on the base image which did not affect performance negatively in any way. The web version is compatible with IE11, Chrome and Firefox and users do not feel restricted by choosing to use the browser vs the client.

Cons
Migrating from Webex, our users did not seem to "figure it out" right away. There were a little hand-holding initially especially with the "sharing screen" portion. What we would find is that users would click "share screen" and nothing happens as there is another step to the process where the decision needs to be confirmed. Confirming this decision is essentially, I am in no way advocating for it's removal, but maybe adding a dialogue box as a prompt, that makes the rest of Zoom inactive, so the user sees that confirmation is needed before doing anything else.

Cay Carlson

Zoom makes Customer Support Stress Free

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Zoom meetings are reliable, clear, and easy to use most of the time.

Pros
I support non-techie customer daily on how to use our software. Our support mantra goes above and beyond what our software can do... we show our customers work arounds to get the data they need. It is not easy to describe through chat and email the steps at times. In addition, our customers are not always skilled ot describe what they need or see. With Zoom, we can show them how to do it. We can show them that the software is working as expected. Happy customers makes for happy support experience.

Cons
If only connecting to a scheduled Zoom meeting was easier for first time users. Sometimes, it requires several attempts because non-techie customers have no idea what is going on and they wait for a while before realizing they need to click something to join a meeting. I have no idea what they are doing wrong and can't help. In addition, sharing the mouse or handing over the screen share to another participant is not intuitive.

Miguel Martinez

User friendly and great features

Reviewed 2019-11-21

Overall our team loves it. We use it everyday, haven't had any major issues, and they constantly update their features and fix minor bug issues.

Pros
Our office loves Zoom Meeting for the main following reasons: - Others can join the call remotely - Can share Zoom meeting without others having to download the software - Can make notes on the screen - People can chat during meeting on the screen - Can share desktop screen, other windows, phone screen, and more - User friendly - More

Cons
It's hard to say what there is not to like about this software since in our eyes, they are the leaders in the industry for the pricing and features.

Adam Hill

Best quality video conference we have used

Reviewed 2019-11-02

We use Zoom for all our internal and external conferencing requirements, so we no longer need a seperate video and call conferencing. Our overall experience in this regard has been excellent and a very positive change.

Pros
Zoom has excellent features and integrations making it easy to use and provides options for those using multiple different devices, as well as the good old-fashioned telephone. We love it, but the best thing about Zoom is the reliability and quality of the video. Compared to other systems we have used, it is very reliable, even on low bandwidth.

Cons
The biggest issue with Zoom is that you have to pay extra for the webinar functionality - however this is substantial features and given webinars can be income generating I suppose it is understandable.

Jorge Leon Baez

Smoothness almost guaranteed

Reviewed 2019-10-30

It just works. It's so easy to integrate with Google Calendar to schedule and send a link, and also in the paid version we use, the call recording feature is a lifesaver. Everything is made to fit most businesses needs.

Pros
In most videoconference services the first question you ask is "Do you hear me?". In Zoom, this is not needed as it always works right from the beginning of the call. If your internet service is stable, you can be sure you'll experience the best video communication you can get as the level of compression is so well balanced that it seems magical.

Cons
I didn't like the recent privacy problem that it faced, when it was proved that the macOS version installed a web server without the user knowledge or permission, but the company retracted and made it right after it was publicly known.

Joshua Daum

Zoom makes videoconferencing easy, even for novice users.

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Our organization's members are spread all over Northeast Ohio, and Zoom lets folks be face to face during a meeting, even when distance, weather, and other complications make in-person meeting impractical.

Pros
My absolute favorite thing about Zoom is the fact that inviting someone to a meeting is as simple as sending the link. On the end-user's side, all they have to do is click the link. If they've got the software, then they're all set. If not, the installer launches automatically. Simple, simple, simple. I work with mostly volunteers of varying levels of technical comfort, and this software has made my job much easier.

Cons
This is an extremely niche thing, and I have absolutely NO problem with the fact that the Zoom development team hasn't included these features, but one of the obstacles to our using Zoom for meetings has to do with Robert's Rules of Order -- in a totally electronic meeting, there is no integrated method for secret balloting during parliamentary proceedings. Again -- that's a SERIOUSLY edge use-case. No problems here, but since you asked...