Zoom Workplace Logo

Zoom is an all-in-one collaboration platform

Zoom Workplace Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

freeconferencecall-com
webinarjam

What I enjoy most about Zoom is its ease of use, ability to record meetings, and its affordable price point.
The cost benefit is very good and ease of connection, I can share the screen during meetings, and excellent for my work.
The fact that it is easy to learn, as well as the quit and helpful response from customer service. I am glad it was recommended to me and I will continue to help others by doing the same.
I think we were so overwhelmed by the zoom at this bad time that there is nothing to worry about.
If I do have problems sharing my screen, etc. then I have to typically leave zoom and re-enter the meeting. It always solves the problem but is an annoyance.
There has been a few times where Zoom doesn't work well with my internet and I'll randomly be dropped from calls with no warning.

13,845 reviews

CharRon S.

Owner

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Zoom need it

Transcript

Charron S.: Hi, my name's Charron. I'm an owner, and I give Zoom four out of five. If you want more information,...

BV

Barry V.

Sales Manager

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Zoom Meetings - Cheap and Easy Solution for online collaboration

Transcript

Barry V.: Hi, my name is Barry. I'm a sales manager for our company. I give Zoom five stars for sure....

Keion L. B.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reliable Conference Software

My overall experience with Zoom is extremely good. The software is lightweight but very heavy hitting. It is packed with important features, controls and abilities. I feel this software one of the best on the market for audio video conferencing.

Pros

What I like most about Zoom software is that the software is available to use a no charge. The software has several features that I find to be extremely efficient Zoom allows you to have a one on one conference with any user in the world. You can use the software to do a conference call with technology devices such as computers, tablets and cell phone devices. The software utilizes audio, video and...

Cons

The only thing I like least about the software is the overlay controls. The controls can get in the way of your recording sometimes. The overlay can be docked near the bottom or the top section of the screen which is helpful.

ST

Shubham T.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

User-friendly and easy to use

Pros

Easy to connect with someone, it helps to generate more leads.

Cons

Monthly subscription is quite high, and cancellation process of subscription is also takes time.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

how zoom can help efficiently for meeting

my time using zoom has been a good expeiences most of the meeting i attended was through zoom but as i said earlier it sometimes the video will just go off or your app during an event will just shut down

Pros

i like zoom because is flexible and easy to use as well and it is a friendly user. anyone can use zoom for their meetings or conference

Cons

my proble with it is that, during the meeting session the app just closes and this interrupts the meeting for the user and secondly the sound that most at time crashes

NW

Niki W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy to use a must have for any coach, teacher or online business

It’s been pretty good so far… 20.00 something a month and have most of the features. Webinar was too expensive to keep though so got rid of it.

Pros

Easy to use. Can steam into Facebook or YouTube. Good to use to record lessons. Great for online appts and coaching calls. Like to record to cloud

Cons

Expensive for webinar feature. Sometimes would crash during mercury retrograde. Zoom sometimes gets fuzzy.

Ja

Julie ann m.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

zoom workplace

still reliable and easy to join ,sometimes I experience slow connection or trying hard to join when it's already full and no longer chance to join ..

Pros

it's easy and friendly user but I it would be nice if they can add additional feature like calendar,calculator,alarm and memo and in addition to make a folder or group that anyone who in the group can retrieve the data or chat just to gather information if they missed out important details during meeting

Cons

there are some voices or noise when someone accidentally open the mic during meeting it would be better the mic should have both permission and notification for both user to decide if they will allow to talk or let anyone listen prevent interruption during meetings

John B.

Food Production, self-employed

Zoom in a business setting video conferencing

That's very quick very easy very user friendly even in a small child could use it when and not have any problems I definitely the way to go

Pros

How it was very easy convenient fast not confusing at all and straight to the conference in the video meeting almost instantly

Cons

It is not what more well known and used in more businesses and companies

RM

Richard M.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Zoom Era

Pros

It makes working online seem very simple and easy.

Cons

The audio quality at times becomes vague

As

Anchal s.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

honest review of zoom

its was overall good experience of zoom

Pros

its easy to access as the features and icons are easy to access

Cons

sometimes when 2 persons are peaking at the same time its get difficult

GM

Gurudebadatta M.

Sports, self-employed

Zoom a boon

Pros

Because it always connects people from a long distance

Cons

It has a little bit problem with voice while speaking

TO

Tim O.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Zoom saves time

Very useful tool for communicating with team members and customers.

Pros

Zoom is easy to setup and use. Sound quality is good.

Cons

Occasional time delay - probably internet connections.

RB

Robert B.

Easy To Use With Consistent Performance

A great solution for calls with more than 2 parties. Screen sharing is easy to use and can be passed between attendees quickly and easily. Online chat lets you post links for everyone to find/follow. Software is fast and doesn't require constant updating/downloading. Launches quickly.

Pros

Setting up a call is as easy as dropping your Zoom link into a calendar invite. Attendees don't need to download or constantly update the software on their end and join easily and quickly. The call quality is always good and screen sharing is very easy to use, even switching between multiple people. With the chat feature you can easily share links to let all attendees see what you're referencing.

Cons

No complaints really. The only problems I've had stemmed from the internet connectivity on my end, which is inherent in any web-based tool. I don't often use the call-in feature so I can't speak to that.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Great Solution with Excellent Features

Overall I have been able to build stronger relationships with customers which has been crucial during the pandemic. The ability to still be connected with each other allows me to continue growing my business and moving towards success. I would highly recommend utilizing Zoom Meetings.

Pros

The features I find most impactful is the ability to share screens. The option to select which window or multiple windows I want to share makes this software the best choice for me. The ability to have a free account is amazing to leverage for quick meetings with customers and is simple for customers to get started with.

Cons

The feature I feel this software is lacking is the ability to share a file while in a meeting. Sometimes I'll be working with a customer and need to just transfer a small file for the customer to utilize during the session. I'm not able to do this and therefore I need to send the file separately via email.

CE

Crystal E.

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to use & learn

Not being able to travel or be in close contact with people has been hard for my job but Zoom has changed the way i do training. I can pop in an office in Boise in the morning and one in Lake Chelan in the afternoon. The ability to reach so many people across our footprint within a matter of minutes has be such a huge help!

Pros

I train people for a living and not being able to travel Zoom has been a huge life saver. I love that it is so easy to use and you can even access others computers if they are having trouble. Total game changer for me!

Cons

I wish you could create different templates with different settings. There are times when i want no chat and no Q&A option and others when i do but unless i go in an change those settings prior to scheduling the meeting i cannot undo them. So template options or the ability's to change settings while a meeting is running would be a huge help!

Maaz K.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zoom Meetings, your virtual conference room

My experience with Zoom Meetings has been very pleasent. It helped me (along with thousands of others) to get my lectures and complete my study from home during the lockdown period caused by Corona pandemic.

Pros

Zoom meetings is a superb audio and video calling client. You can comnect with multiple people at a time using it. It allows you to hold meetings, conduct classes and lectures, and attend conferences and seminars virtually right from your desk and actually participate in it. Participants can share files of different formats with each other in it. Also its screen sharing feature allows a participant to share his screen with other participants of the meeting when discussing a document or slides etc. Zoom meetings is equally useful on both computer and smartphone platforms. It also has a free version available for those who can't afford license fee, only with a few small limitations.

Cons

In its free version, the meeting session terminates automatically after 40 minutes and you have to re-initiate the meeting to continue further. The video quality is sometimes poor on bad internet connection, which may be a result of its high bandwidth requirements.

BB

Benetta B.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

ZOOM my Preferred Meeting Application

ZOOM is an every day part of my life. ZOOM is used at my workplace and in my personal life and in my spiritual life.

Pros

ZOOM is easy to use. It is easy to join. It is great to see and hear, as long as everyone is on a strong network system. ZOOM is easy to setup. ZOOM video toggle is easy to use and a much needed function. The chat feature is very good.

Cons

You have to look to hard to find the sharable zoom full information. It is not located in an obvious place on the screen. I do not like the chat box to pop up on my screen every time someone enters information into the chat.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zooming Into Virtual Learning

Overall, Zoom Meetings is a versatile, powerful, and supportive tool for anyone who needs to connect on a consistent basis via videoconferencing. The platform itself has a suite of tools that addresses many needs and they are very amenable to updating and adding tools, as indicated by their users.

Pros

Zoom opened up a brand new way for us to learn and, sans the necessity due to COVID, I would recommend it for normal virtual learning and video conferencing needs because the platform runs smoothly and has everything that presenters and attendees may need. As a teacher, I appreciated the ability to see attendance records, have my students register for meetings to track attendance and usage, and turn videos and mics on and off for a variety of reasons in support of facilitating a productive and meaningful virtual learning environment. It was also convenient to be able to have meetings with other faculty and staff members via Zoom!

Cons

The poll feature was clunky and frustrating to use but had great possibilities for exit tickets and formatives purposes.

Jordan D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Is it healthy to like a meeting and chat software this much?

Try the demo and see if it works best for your business. I know that I don't have any regrets.

Pros

I was introduced to Zoom at my first job, and I was surprised with all of the in-chat features and integrations (Outlook, Google Chrome plugins, etc). After speaking with my finance team, it seems more simple than most for billing and subscription purposes as well. I use Zoom for both my personal and work life, and hope that they continue to keep improving the software in the future.

Cons

There's a couple of glitches here and there as the company continues to scale. It's not too big of a complaint though.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Highly suggested for healthcare professionals since it is HIPAA Compliant

Using Zoom was great especially for organizations that need to take HIPAA compliance into consideration. Since Zoom encrypts connections end to end, it works out great. It also was really easy to use their API, and it was very well documented. We rarely had issues with reliability through Zoom being used directly within our software. I thought it was very easy to use, and a much better option than...

Pros

- HIPAA compliance for mental health care professionals - ease of use and low learning curve - accessibility features such as captioning - integration with Microsoft Outlook to generate meetings easily - secure, safe, fast, and bug-free - easy to use API for integrations directly into your software - highly customizable settings across the organization - good reporting tools to indicate usage

Cons

- generating a meeting invite should be easier. usually was copying and pasting way too much meeting invite info into emails

MW

Madeleine W.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Surprisingly Good For Distance Learning

Right now, my company is moving all language classes to Zoom for the foreseeable future until further notice, in order to commit to social distancing during the coronavirus crisis within the Washington, D.C., and New York City metropolitan regions. Although we are still within the first two weeks of transition, it has been a smooth one overall and both teachers and students (as well as company administrators) seem pleased enough in spite of the vast differences between virtual learning and in-person classes.

Pros

There are *so* many features that are amazingly effective for language learning in a virtual classroom. Besides the expected (and helpful) virtual whiteboard and screen sharing available to both me as the teacher and other users as students, there are also Breakout Rooms. This is essential for learning any foreign language; the Breakout Rooms simulate partnered or smaller group activities that are...

Cons

I think almost everything could potentially be improved... It is always harder to conduct a meeting virtually than in real life, especially when that meeting is a *language lesson.* It is the first stages, however, so I and my students will have to adapt over the next few weeks. That said, I am a little frustrated that the host/teacher cannot share a screen view or a whiteboard during the Breakout Rooms. This forces students to share their own screens with each other, and/or have other apps open at the same time. I would like for them to be able to access my lesson slides during their small group/partnered activities, but this doesn't seem to be possible yet with Zoom.

Kevin M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Someone recommended Zoom

Given the current climate everyone is trying to find solutions for running classrooms from home. I was led to using Zoom by recommendation from other lecturers. In the scramble to find a universal solution that could work for everyone Zoom became the most popular solution. Having use the software for the past three months I can say that it does its job competently. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the pro version but that might change given the unstable times we are in now. Overall i like all the extra feature the software has. Its made having online tutorials a breeze.

Pros

Well like many conference software it allows video chat and it comes with screen sharing which is essential when working with students. I also like the features that allows you to see who is muted as well as being able to mute them yourself. When doing screen sharing, I like the top bar that shows information about the current call and also the pop-up notification when someone is attempting to join the chat. Above all I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about what devices my students have as they can join using either PC or Cellphone. Especially cellphones as most of my student are more likely to have a cellphone or tablet than a laptop or desktop computer.

Cons

My only issue is that there are other conferencing software that are free to use and because Zoom's free version is limited to 40 mins per session it can become annoying re-establishing meetings every time you run out of minutes. This leaves you with the only option of purchasing the pro version which can cost you either $15 per month or an annual fee of $150. At that cost you better be committed to using this software the whole year and not as a temporary solution to the current crisis. In the end you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the features it provides.

RA

Ray A.

Research, 1-10 employees

Reliable cross-platform tool for video conferences and meetings.

Zoom has been very useful for online teaching of both one-to-one classes and for group classes. It allows me to share my screen with a student, or see their screen and work on the same document at the same time. The "virtual background" feature is useful for times when we don't want other participants to see the room we are in. This helps maintain a sense of privacy as well. Zoom's virtual background is particularly effective and quite natural-looking.

Pros

Zoom offers a stable platform for online meetings . Over the course of hundreds of meetings attended by 5-20 participants, video connection and sound quality has been outstanding. Only minor lags have occurred. Multi-platform. Zoom runs perfectly on our member's Linux systems and, of course, on Windows and Mac systems as well. I particularly like the fact Zoom goes out of its way to support a wide range of Linux distros including Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Oracle, RedHat, Fedora, Arch and Manjaro. Outstanding! Offers advanced settings that allow the use of co-hosts, automatic naming of video files, accessibility of recorded videos. The ability to save each person's audio track to a separate file is particularly useful when editing a meeting video into presentations.

Cons

Zoom has been caught up in controversy over routing data through servers in China, but Zoom management states that this has been addressed. Much of the R&D and development is done in China which may be of concern. A problem we found was that unless the correct time zone and time is specifically set in the Admin profile, Zoom might save recordings with the incorrect date and time. Be sure to check this otherwise you'll end up with a folder full of incorrectly dated meeting files that will require hours of time to sort out and rename. (This happened to us).

Music, 51-200 employees

One of the Best Ways to Meet Virtually

Overall, it's been fantastic. It's incredibly easy to use at a moment's notice, when integrated with Slack you get the option of calling people through either Slack or Zoom, it's typically quite reliable in terms of service, and has helped us maintain a level of connectedness since we moved to working from home last March. I also enjoy the option to pick which locations to include dial-in numbers for on the invite as my company is world-wide. It's been a fantastic platform to conduct meetings from.

Pros

Honestly, I think the functionality is my favorite part of Zoom. It integrates into Slack and Outlook, it's easy to use even for those less tech-savvy, the desktop app is wonderful for reminding you of upcoming meetings and makes it easy to schedule through Outlook, Gmail, or another calendar, and the Zoom settings when in a meeting are easy to use as well. The background options are both very helpful...

Cons

My least favorite aspect is the Outlook plug-in for Zoom. This is just based on my personal preferences, because the functionality itself is great; however, I like the body of invites set up a particular way and do not like how, when using the plug-in, Zoom auto-populates its own invite into the body. This just means that I have to create an invite, schedule through Zoom, and then erase the auto-populated...

JS

Jayaprakash S.

Research, 501-1,000 employees

Effective platform to conduct the virtual meetings and workshops with multiple participants.

Remote meetings , workshops and official dicussions are conducted easily from anywhere, and anytime. It is a great platform which fullfils the need of communications of various workplaces. It provides almost all the functions and options which are necessary to conduct the effective virtual meetings.

Pros

We bought the zoom package in 2019 to continue the various communication process in our workplace that has been disturbed by the covid-19 pandemic situation. It is a great medium which help to facilitate the remote communication in an effective way. The user-friendly platform of the zoom let users to easily participate in the virtual meetings and workshops without having much computer knowledge via...

Cons

Like other commercial products, significant amount of money and monthly or annual subscription fee has to be spent, if we want to utilize more functionalities and capacities such as hosting the meeting with more than 100 participants and extended time period with other benefits.

Senthilkumar N.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Perfect business video conferencing partner!

I really satisfied with the product features come with, but still lot of improvements needed on UI and security, connection lagging features.

Pros

Perfect fit to any quick business meeting on the go and suits for all remote workers, no special training needed. Toll based calling options are available. As my company had enterprise subscription, it allowed more than 500+ participants same time, unlimited meeting and time. Also streaming and recording features helped a lot of users while business are commuting or busy in other activities. As it...

Cons

App must be downloaded to use it rather go for web based. Once user enter any password or secured information which cannot be deleted. You may not expect HD quality in video streaming. Limited bandwidth size for storing webinars and recordings if you have longer meetings in place. Zoom-bombing issue gets some time during the meeting if you forward meeting invite to non-intended participants. While in breakout rooms, may not possible to add the co-host which is one of the disadvantage. Our business users started using Chromebooks, but it does not support it.

DG

Devora Gila B.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Zoom is the backbone of my coaching practice.

Gives me an edge over my competitors, credibility, community, communication, engagement. Added value to coaching experience -- recordings are priceless.

Pros

I have been using Zoom for a few years now. I love its ease of use and quality. How many times have I been on a Skype call and it froze in the middle???? I avoid Skype at all costs now. With Zoom I can easily schedule my client meetings. I actually have the invitation already pasted into my appointment confirmation and reminder autoresponder, with the url and dial-in information. It's so easy to...

Cons

I can't find much to compain about. I was using the free feature and was dissapointed that I couldn't have a longer session with more than one person, but I've since upgraded. There is a video tutorial for how to do a background in the upgraded version but I'm finding it a little hard to follow. At one point I thought I had a different version of Zoom than the one they were showing. So that was confusing.