Ninox Logo

Create custom business apps for your team!

Ninox Reviews

Suggested alternatives

caspio
zoho-creator
prontoforms-mobile-forms

It's an amazing software. It's simple, easy to set up, and for its price, they have a great customer service support which is one of the most important things when buying new software.
As I announced in my title of this short review I would point out the excellent support of users/customers: Short response time, friendly, useful and really giving help.
Absolutely the best of its kind - it's improved our workflow overnight. Customization is perfect.
It annoys me the most that I can not program. That I do not speak any programming language and thus can not exploit the full potential of NInox.
You cannot actually do much with your data, no real integration outside of Ninox. Poor implementation of report design and printing which exposes too much to the end user.
The inability to send invoices with a template message.

Eka P.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Easy to use affordable non-code

I abs love the fact that Ninox has a well-developed set of APIs so that we could integrate Ninox with other business apps. The customer support is superb, the community and knowledge base is so big that sometimes you don't need to submit a ticket as there is a high probability that your question was answered.

Pros

Simplicity of usage; great tutorials and community

Cons

Pricing, limited customization capabilities

BL

Brent L.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Cat’s Pajamas!

This is copied directly from my reply to tech support for one of their assists with one of my DB’s. “ I’m at work right now but can’t wait to get home to check this out. And I want to say that Ninox is like candy to a baby for me. I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree but I like puzzles and usually can poke the code long enough to get it to do what I want. In this case it was apparent that the best solution was going beyond my skill set. That said, I’ve dozens of DBs that go everywhere from standardizing my PM procedures at work, to helping with my finances, to running a handicapped pool tournament, to monitoring my meds. This app is in 1950’s slang, “the cat’s pajamas”. I appreciate your assistance with this and love your app!! Keep up the great work! ”

Pros

At personal level, it is unsurpassed in it’s feature set and ability to grow with the user’s experience. I’ve found that it’s scalability is vast and would lend itself to anything from personal use, to family shared use, to small business. I only hesitate to recommend for large business as I have no experience with how a large multi-user environment would work (speed, reliability, etc).

Cons

The grid system used to position fields in the forms you create can get really clumsy when a DB designed on an ipad or mac is viewed on an iphone. The fields shift around and do not retain the positioning that they have on ipad or mac. Unfortunately, this is necessary as creating a miniaturized version of the ipad or mac form would result in fields too small to be easily used, so this is a trade off. I haven’t designed any of my DBs specifically for an iphone display so they all get a bit wonky when I use my iphone to view them.

Capital Markets, 1-10 employees

A nice database with some special features

We are really exploring the big-data space using Ninox and it is too early yet. Givent he prototyping of the core engine is still being done and as a result it is not deployed to the team

Pros

availability across the fleet of mobile and traditional platforms and seems to provide a great solution for Apple environment especially. It is easy to get started and the templates and forum are really good, though it is easy to lose a great deal of time in the forum.

Cons

The user manual and documentation gloss over a number of important features etc. Switch is an example. How is it best optimised as I am finding long processing times (hours)

Management Consulting,

Once you understand the design concept behind Ninox, you will be amazed at what you can do.

(1) Able to quickly prototype enterprise-wide solutions. (2) Able to build production-quality data management and executive information systems quickly. (3) Able to manage enormous amounts of data with very quick processing and query turn-around.

Pros

Incredibly powerful. Amazing tech support. The feature set and functional capabilities of Ninox are the industry standard. Have used this platform to build entire ERP, CRM and HR Management systems for multi-billion dollar companies at a fraction of cost and time required by other solutions.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. Ninox is not a "traditional" relational database management system... It is, in fact, much more. Was the best when I started using it two years ago and nothing even comes close today.

Easily made a database tailored to my needs

Pros

The program was very easy to use and flexible. I searched several programs that did not give me the flexibility that Ninox did. I combined several databases into one, easy to use database and am able to run reports that are meaningful to my practice. It is also cloud based, so I can access it on my phone and on the iPad.

Cons

The update took away the easy edit tool, so I can't figure out how to change my database anymore. Luckily, I don't think I need to make any major changes anymore. Initially, it took a while to get used to, but some of the updates have made it easier to navigate and get the information that I want in a report format that is easy to read.

Easy to build and use database.

Getting my work faster en better done.

Pros

Easy to build powerful applications for every day use. The software is quick and very scalable. Frequent updates with new features. I moved from Filemaker Pro to Ninox. I rebuild my invoice system in Ninox in a couple of days. The Filemaker version took weeks to build.

Cons

I like to have multiple databases open on the same time. This is at this point only possible with the web version. Developers told me it's coming in one of the next releases.

Hans A.

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

The advantages of using the cloud in practice

Ninox is used in the knowledge center to archive books, objects and pictures. Traditional databases in this area are rigid and not based on modern functionality, they tend to stick to history. Ninox breaks through this attitude. Old software vendors make users hesitate by horror stories. So the fight is fierce but Ninox will win at the end.

Pros

The software has a lot of functionality which is not present in other products I did review. Ninox is easy to set up and has a lot of features you only find in much more expensive products. It is easy to use and as a Macintosh user since '84 that is an important feature what counts for me. Developing and using on iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air and desktop Mac is one thing but without fuzz using it on other platforms is great!

Cons

So far the only cons I experience is missing the functionality to import images in a "batch" set up to match with records in the database where a field is reserved for an image.

TL

Terri L.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Ninox

It is great for keeping track of details for my customer base, accounting, etc.

Pros

Ease of use and with the help of their partner company, Ninoxus, it is a great value and user friendly

Cons

I did need a jump start on some minor issues but the helper company, Ninoxus, was extremely helpful.

Robert T.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Ninox nice

Pros

Easy to use for beginner and very quickly be productive

Cons

UI is simple but the minimaliste is a good way for beginner and pro.

Heine S.

I use it everyday. It's the best solution to organize my little company.

The ability to make a complete overview of my work. And to edit it to show me what I need.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I'm able to make what I want. I log hours, customers, projects and much more and can connect everything to everything. It's syncronizing very fast in the cloud. I feel I can rely on it. The way I can link the tables to each other is working like I want it to. So much easier then other database apps I have tried.

BA

Bill A.

I am quite satisfied with Ninox, with its ready-to-go interface, sync ability, and its web access.

Pros

I simply like that the databases are essentially ready to use. As a longtime user of FileMaker Pro, I did tire of the too-simplistic interface of a new database (I avoided modifying templates--often more work) that required building up of numerous forms to get going (I still have a lot of raw looking FMP databases meaning ugly as I was not willing to put the time into making it look good. With Ninox,...

Cons

I wish there were constant or global fields allowed. As a college teacher, I import test results, and the first page is usually the answers, which I have to enter each result for the 25 questions and then "Update Multiple Records", and then "Assign Constant Value", but that is just a workaround fix, as the results are simply added to each record. If I have a student taking a late test (a regular...

JB

Julian B.

Music, 1-10 employees

Fantastic experience - Great software and amazing customer service

Pros

The software itself is great, it's very easy to get going with your own database and set it up suited to your needs. However the real value for me has been the customer service and support. Ninox seem aware that to get the most out of their software, users may have to delve into the more technical aspects of databasing which can be pretty obscure if you're not familiar with it. Fortunately their staff was amazing at helping me implement exactly what I needed through online one on one support and webcasts, not only that my correspondence was mainly with one member of their team so it wasn't a different or random person each time - this is very much appreciated, and helps when you have to go over the specifics of your needs and business.

Cons

There aren't really any "Cons" as such, as to be honest, I've had a near perfect experience. The only thing I would possible recommend is expanding the online documentation and reference to include useful or commonly used bits of code and formulas. It's worth noting that they already do this, as well as provide a number of templates for different kinds of databases, but it would be cool if there was...

JH

John H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Life changing :-)

We are not techies. The platform has been customised for us by a Ninox partner. He has done a fantastic job creating something that tracks multiple factors and is usable by staff with minimal training and IT skills. For instance the system will ring alarm bells if a child is not meeting basic world health organisation minimums across a whole range of factors. Working with Ninox we have moved from using Dickensian ledgers to a state-of-the-art system with almost no pain. This is remarkable, we still can't believe it.

Pros

The functionality. Using the Ninox platform we have developed a database as part of our orphan care programme in Malawi. One of the key challenges in Malawi is flaky, often non-existent internet access. The Ninox software stands alone on multiple iPads so our nurses, with minimal training, can input data in rural villages. Back at the hospital when we get a good Wi-Fi signal the database synchronises automatically. This is pretty neat, we don't get data corruption or issues common with other products when duplicate data is input from different sources.

Cons

Just sorry we didn't find it years ago. Also sorry we wasted time looking at alternatives.

AM

Alexandre M.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

A cheap and good solution to track the workflow

It was great to save time on jobs that otherwise were done manually.

Pros

The company was needing a solution to track the workflow and we found in Ninox a quick and cheap solution to deal with it. You can make mobile apps to fit your special needs in a matter of minutes. This is especially important if you have a dynamic/variable workflow with multiple teammates. Moreover, this software allows you to integrate with multiple databases. I would also mention the great customer support.

Cons

It will be great if it would have a help section, especially with video tutorials. In the beginning, is tricky to be sure that all the steps to build the desired app are done correctly.

GA

Gabi A.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Worth the price, customizable and excellent support

Allowed me to grown my business without spending a lot of money. Customize all the proceed at your own will never pay the price. Frankly recommended !

Pros

Continuous improvements. Easy to program and user friendly Not expensive in front other softs. iCloud Team work is amazing and reliability is on top. great bunch of field types Incredible support

Cons

Bulk data relationship between tables Formulary view needs to improve. User friendly programing by drag and drop needs more options actually only accesible by code typing Printing layout can be more sophisticated

ML

Martin L.

Jumped to Ninox from Filemaker Pro - Best Move EVER!

Pros

Excellent, friendly customer support is my favorite feature of Ninox. These guys love their product and listen to their customers. They are very quick to respond to questions and have helped me add features to my database that I couldn't figure out. With the templates they offer and the tutorial videos they have posted on YouTube, anyone can understand the basics of how Ninox works.

Cons

The interface is not the prettiest and can only be modified to a certain point. I can't wait to see v.3, because that is when software hits it's stride.

BL

Brian L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great product that keeps getting better

Created a database for an orphanage in Africa, so that data could be input via iPads.

Pros

It is very easy to create a database, and it's easy for end-users also. The screens and navigation are all user-friendly. Its cross-platform and offline capabilities on iOS make is a standout product, and the support from the Developers is excellent. Great online community too.

Cons

Some of the coding behind the scenes isn't as straightforward as VBA, and some of the functions aren't entirely intuitive, but after ready some tutorials, it becomes apparent.

TB

Thomas B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent SME Database Tool

I chose Ninox in order to allow both Windows and Mac users to work from the same system with ease, and have not looked back.

Pros

Ninox is cross platform by nature, so Mac and Windows users can easily collaborate on the same database. It is entirely mobile with pre-built Apps for iOS and so you can use the full database wherever you are. It is intuitive to build in and if you have any challenges, the support team is excellent.

Cons

Ideally, it would be good to be able to add Forms in order to create a landing page, but I know this is in development. Beyond that, the ability to customise fonts/colours etc is probably the next stage.

PT

Paul T.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Very easy system to create database software,

Pros

Easy to use and to deploy. The screen is simple and uncluttered so users are just concerned within data input. Support has very good.

Cons

Adding colour to tabs would highlight these to users as they tend to look down along the left. Adding a print button which automatically produces a pdf file. For a developer if you have many users each using the same "template" you can make changes to all of the "templates" without going into each database and changing to program. There is no scope or encouragement for a "developers program" - where we could sell the package to our customers for a reasonable fee.

SS

Stephen S.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Easy, highly customizable database solution

Pros

Ninox is extremely to use and customize to your needs once you figure out the fundamentals. Customer support is solid, and they are continuing to improve the instruction manual. I haven't had any issues with the Ninox cloud being unavailable. Overall a very stable product.

Cons

Learning how to use it can be complicated at first, especially for those who have little experience with databases.

JR

John R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Product for a Great Price

When I was looking for an asset tracking database, none of the pre-baked solutions tracked all of the data the way I wanted it. So I decided to roll my own solution with Ninox, and am glad I did. I have the solution I want.

Pros

Ability to customize database as needed Strong Support

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but it isn’t very hard to learn Ninox.

AF

Agustin F.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Ninox 10/10 Best Application

Pros

I love how comfortable and reliable the software is. It has many uses for a company that needs to have a good database.

Cons

The Limited UI support, as in how the UI looks and works when editing. Code won't work in real time, as in wait loops and such.

JD

John D.

A fabulous database that has so much capability

It has permitted me to create a highly flexible booking system for my holiday rental villa which I can access and use anywhere. There were some field types missing from earlier versions of this software that I missed but these have now been added in the latest update and work very well.

Pros

It is genuinely easy to use and has an excellent range of field types. It is multi platform and enables me to access my databases from my PC, Mac or IOS devices.

Cons

great features, easy to use, top support!

effortless creation of databases of any kind, including mobile data collection

Pros

best product and value for money for databases on iOS, I've been searching for a product like ninox for years, and am glad I found it.

Cons

Documentation is insufficent, have to search for required information / no manual // no Windows app available, would be nice, but not necessary, as there is web access

SS

Stefano S.

Great database for team work

Simple and powerful tool to develop web application

Pros

Very easy to use. Very fast to develop an application. Easy sharing with a team. I made a complex database for multi company and it work well. I will not go back to Filemaker or MS Access.

Cons

Functionality description is not complete. You do not have information about all the feature and functions.