SolarWinds Service Desk Logo

SolarWinds Service Desk Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.85/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I am the administrator and I love having the ability to make changes and customization on the fly. The user friendliness of it is well above our previous software we used.
The dashboard and reporting are very helpful. They give us a good picture of how we're doing and where we can improve.
Ticketing system, knowledge base and inventory management are all awesome and constantly improving. And the metrics are great to help justify budgets to upper management, and show trends.
By that I mean the lack of reports and reporting tools.
Reporting doesn't report accurately compared to a custom query, which is odd.
There also has been lots of testing. Also some of the updates have broken our work flows.

SolarWinds Service Desk users...

Freshservice-logocaret

Freshservice

Zendesk-logocaret

Zendesk

Help Scout-logocaret

Help Scout

FootPrints-logocaret

FootPrints

How would you rate SolarWinds Service Desk?

Task Management

Overall an excellent tool for keeping up with projects! You get real-time notifications on all task updates.

Pros

I love that we can track time, open rates, add project and task users (for feedback) and attach files. This is an essential tool for my job.

Cons

Sometimes the task setup is confusing for submitting new tickets. There is a lot of setup needed in the backend that the average user won't know or see so that has to be handled by someone or taught.

A solid ticket management web app

We are getting much more accurate reports for identifying trends in end-user troubles. We have improved incident tracking and overall customer satisfaction.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to organize columns in my ticket queue according to my preferences. This has greatly improved my ability to review a very active ticket queue and quickly assess what needs immediate attention.

Cons

I lose a lot of time waiting for ticket category suggestions to populate. When the suggestion pops up, it moves it from its normal place in the list of categories. By the time this happens, I could have selected the correct category and moved on already.

Samanage - A seriously good help desk solution

Very good. 5/5 experience, overall the software works exactly as advertised.

Pros

The features work as advertised. We have used Dell Kace in the past and dumped it because of a lack of features; we switched to InvGate. InvGate was a really poor experience, and though it had a lot of features nothing operated properly and support was slow. Samanage has been the total opposite, when we run into an outage it is very quickly resolved and chat support is very responsive.

Cons

Improvements could definitely be made on the built-in reporting side of things; especially when it comes to computer inventory.

Basic Software

SolarWinds allowed us to be more collaborative in our incident management solutions and do analysis on what issues we experienced most and allowed us to come up with solutions to prevent some things from becoming major issues.

Pros

The ease of use was the best part. It was easy to set up users, make bucket queues for sections and move tickets to other sections as needed. Some systems I've worked with you couldn't move tickets to other queues is they were misrouted.

Cons

Our module was super basic and support for it was nonexistent. It was one of the biggest reasons for us switching to JIRA for service desk/incident management.

Great Service Desk and Inventory system

We improved our SLAs using SAManage as an Incidents platform. We also now have a better understanding of the number of endpoints we have, the software installed on them etc'.

Pros

The easy deployment of the agent to all of our endpoints, that help us keep track of hardware and software inventory with great accuracy. The Service Desk feature, allowing us to maintain a productive Help Desk environment and assist our users. We also use the service desk in our billing procedure.

Cons

The UI can be improved, as sometimes in the incidents view we encounter bugs that require us to refresh \ clear the cache.

Easy to deploy, great vendor integration, and ease of use

Pros

This software is easy to use for both the administrator and the user. It includes everything we need. We will be able to use it as an asset management tool, offer a solutions database to user's, and provide a change control tool for IT Staff that will be implementing system changes. It provides user feedback when their tickets are accepted and informs them when they are complete. We will be able to...

Cons

easy to use for incident tracking

we wanted a more user friendly and simpler approach for our internal users and IT staff and this was a great tool. Super easy to use in comparison to other similar software I have used

Pros

I used this at work mainly as a service desk tool for our internal users. I found this super easy to use, and manage my open incident tickets. I like the interface its fairly intuitive. I particularly like the customizable dashboard view and the colour coding of statuses so its easy to see which tickets are open or need urgent attention.

Cons

the costs of adding extra administrators so we were limited.

Great Service Desk solution

Pros

I like how everything ties into one interface. Change requests, incidents, asset management, service requests, problem management, knowledgebase. It makes it very easy to link and reference these items as well. The user interface is clean and easy to use.

Cons

I dislike the software management portion of this solution. It is next to useless if you need to manage software licenses or counts.

Great inventory management software

We do not use their app for mobile devices, we utilize their "Other section" for our device inventory.

Pros

We use this software to manage remotely deployed devices, and with the ability to pull our device IDs and ICCIDs in directly from a downloaded CSV from our MDM, it has saved us a ton of hours. The sales staff was incredibly accommodating and worked with us, as we had a very short deadline to get this software up and running. Any time we've had to call in they've treated us very well. I would definitely recommend you give them a look.

Cons

The product look, is a bit out-dated, doesn't really display well on our high-res monitors, but other than that I haven't found any cons as of right now.

User Friendly

Easy to upload a Solution Article and based on the employees that are using this on our company it's very interactive because all of the information is already displayed on the interface.

Pros

First of all, I really like the GUI of this Ticketing Tool compared to my previous ticketing system we are handling which is Service Now. This is very easy to use and all of the information is very efficient to find

Cons

The Chat response from an agent on Solarwinds takes time to respond. If there's an outage the email delivery is slightly delayed for the announcement

Modern, Practical, Suitable, Low TCO

Our organization has downsized significantly in the past 3 years. Our former ITSM solution was costly to license and maintain. Without an in-house specialist, the help of a third party implementer was required to make significant changes or implement new modules. It was beginning to feel like overkill for us so it made sense to switch to something we can maintain ourselves and where cost is more...

Pros

Samanage was easy to evaluate and we were able to configure Incident Management and migrate our Knowledgebase in just under a day with next to no assistance from the Samanage team. We are pleased that we can now utilize our implementation hours to learn the more advanced automation features of Samanage.

Cons

The mobile app is nice but seems limited. There is a real opportunity here to expand its capabilites and flexibility.

for the most part it is easy to use and customize to the information I want.

Pros

I like the combination of asset inventory, ticket system, and users and the ability to link everything together. It is also nice to have the solutions tab and the ability to control who can see what solutions to have everything in one spot.

Cons

I don't like that not all fields in the inventory are searchable and it doesn't seem to do relative searches for close matches.

The Best so far

I've been using different ticketing systems from my past employments and in my current company. This is the best so far, the interface is very user friendly.

Pros

Real-time, User Friendly. The social media vibe using the comment section and notification for communication makes it a lot easier to communicate and document the case.

Cons

Auto Refresh, it will help a lot. we are using 3rd party for the autorefresh. Yes, there's a notification that there's a new ticket but we still have to refresh in order to see it.

Very great experience

Tons of benefits it helps make our job easier each day because we definitely utilize this software on a daily basis.

Pros

I like being able to schedule tickets and notify the users that we're coming; this software is definitely a major part of our daily task.

Cons

n/a-I don't have anything bad to say about the software honestly..I'm glad to have it as apart of my daily job.

Samanage has been everything we had hoped for and more.

We now know how our IT department's time is spent, who are the users who need more help etc.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how quickly we were up and running with Samanage. The implementation was virtually painless and went very quickly.

Cons

The only thing I have a problem with, and I hope they correct it soon, is that it will not pull the Microsoft Office Licenses.

Easy for technicians

Pros

It's mostly very easy for my help desk technicians to use on a day to day basis. Very easy to keep track of your tickets and what needs to be done.

Cons

Some features need to be improved. Reporting is pretty mediocre in its current state, and the Task implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Easy to use service desk, with many great features

Pros

I like the amount of information that the agent gathers and reports back to the service desk. Having an abundance of information at my hands makes my job infinitely easier.

Cons

Sometimes the agent will report software that no longer exists on the device. This can cause some inaccuracies.

Samanage is the right choice

Everyone I have dealt with has been great and easy to reach out to. Even after the configuration I am able to shoot him an email and I get a response within an hour or so.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about Samanage. To start with the entire team that worked with me on purchasing, setup/configuration, success management were all really great and were easy to work with. They are very responsive to any question I had...usually had a response back within an hour. As for the Samanage Cloud Portal it offered more than we had with Spiceworks. I am now able to combine my inventory database, procurement records and help desk all into one package. The fact that it is cloud based allows me to access it from anywhere instead of having to make sure I am at specific computers to access specific software pieces that made up our old system.

Cons

I wish that it allowed the positioning of fields and offered the capability to do depreciation within the Asset portion of the inventory.

Great solution for help desk!

Samanage replaced two products for us.

Pros

This is a great solution for managing help desk. We are using the cloud version. Have not had any problems. There are a lot of features too. What I like most about it is the functionality of the help desk side.

Cons

None so far. This is an outstanding help desk solution.

Great Value

We have been using Samanage for almost a full year now, and don't have too many complaints. It has a lot of functionality and is solving for our ticket system, inventory, and change management needs.

Pros

I love the ease-of-use. Samanage is extremely easy to set up and maintain. It's truly a simple product with beefy capabilities.

Cons

The Azure integration could be better. There are no way to properly federate departments with the current state. Notifications can get a little out of hand, and there isn't a lot of customization you can do with them. I also wish Due Dates would send notifications, but they do not, even though that seems like something pretty standard.

Ease of Setup, Configuration, Use, Modification, and Deployment

Pros

Samanage has not only been painless, but it's actually enjoyable to configure and deploy for our Enterprise. The staff at Samanage is quick to respond to issues or questions and went the extra mile to provide multiple demos for our organization to maximize its exposure and approval to purchase. We have found the community engaging, intelligent, and helpful. Many of our situations have been rapidly addressed with helpful advice or probed deeper to determine possible features for the product.

Cons

The product is still developing, so while there are no failings, there are some areas where it can be expanded to allow more in-depth reporting and issue routing. The application is very robust in dealing with incidents, but could use some of the incident features expanded into other modules.

Software completo - Recomendado a todo Service Desk

A experiência foi muito boa no geral. Software cumpre o que promete, funciona muito bem, personalizável e com suporte excelente.

Pros

Cheio de funcionalidades, tanto para o técnico quanto para o gerenciamento do uso da ferramenta. Relatórios muito completos para tirar o máximo de proveito.

Cons

Apesar de ser prático, requer um mínimo de treinamento para o pleno uso.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Solarwinds Service Desk

Pros

Solarwinds Service Desk is an easy to use application platform to track service request. Its interface and dashboard are quite impressive. The SLA feature is very cool.

Cons

Team collaboration on the platform should be improved. The license is quite expensive

Its Asset Management feature is just great

Pros

The service catalogue is a feature I have been learning about and I am hoping to get it used more widely across the company.

Cons

Would like to see reporting around purchasing. In general needs the ability to pull reports/audit equipment that was purchased and what is currently in use, surplus, etc.

A great source of truth for our assets. Great to have it in the cloud.

All of our assets were in one place automatically with full details on each item.

Pros

The info it gathers is great. We could tell every little piece of hardware connected to an asset and everything installed which was great. We also liked how it could give location based off of IP.

Cons

The deployment was a bit clunky. We had to get our own script and package the installer to deploy it via an MDM. The script on the help site didn't work right and it has you do each machine by hand.