Buffer Reviews

1.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.51/10

Reviews by rating

The scheduling was great and the reports are probably the best out there. It also has a great mobile app which never crashed on me.
Just choose the option that fits your needs. Another Buffer feature I love is the ability to share the same post to multiple platforms with the appropriate variations.
It's great to help clients who have never used a scheduling platform before, it's quite easy to use and reliable.
Buffer has been one of the only platforms I've had trouble with when it comes to failed posts. It didn't happen that frequently, but it happened often enough that it was a pain point.
It can be a little confusing to learn the interface and features of customizing for each platform.
But these generally are problems users can expect to encounter with any social scheduling platform.

1,466 reviews

Tyler Jae S.

Associate Principal, Wayzata High School

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Excellent social media collaborative posting tool

Transcript

Tyler: My name is Tyler. I'm an associate principal. I give Buffer a four out of five. For more reviews...

Elizabeth H.

Senior Solutions Consultant

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Easy to use and essential for my business

Transcript

Elizabeth: Hi, my name's Elizabeth. I'm the CEO. I give the Buffer a five out of five and for more reviews...

Darien C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

One of the best social media management platforms with a high price for teams

Overall, Buffer is an excellent platform that offers incredible features - but due to the high price for simple features like team management & multiple users, it is not for me. While our social media team was just me, I found it to be the very best platform for social media management - offering a simple UI & high quality features for the free & low-tier accounts - as our team grew, we rapidly outgrew Buffer simply due to pricing, and found that there were similar products at a lower price point that would fit our needs.

Pros

Buffer is perhaps one of the simplest & easiest social media platforms on the market today; offering comprehensive and crucial features for managing your social media streams. This platform allows for the easy management of multiple social media accounts, allowing you to customize post-times & days, and then schedule posts quickly via the Queue only for those days. It offers built in analytics, direct posting to Instagram & Instagram stories, team management features & more - assuming you are willing to pay for those features. Overall, Buffer was probably my favorite social media management platform due to its simplicity & base features, yet it suffers in a few key areas.

Cons

I loved using Buffer for the period of time that I actually used it, but quickly discovered that the platform could not suite my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle - price. As a non-profit youth organization, having a low overhead cost for platforms such as this is extremely important, and I quickly found myself unable to continue using Buffer as my social media team grew simply because I...

TB

Thierry B.

Photography, self-employed

A powerful tool for a very low price !

Very good experience in overall, and amazing list of options available already with a free, or lowest plan account.

Pros

I am really amazed about the amount of feature that are already enable in the lowest plan that Buffer is offering. It is probably the best option for someone who want to start to work with such features, with a low budget

Cons

I rarely had cases were a post was not posting automatically as it was planned. But the only couple of times that this happened in about 2 years, I had a message immediately to inform me about it, and I could post it manually in no time...

TO

Tracy O.

Design, 1-10 employees

The first content scheduler I used

Buffer was a great tool to start learning how to plan and schedule content to social media ahead of time. Its very easy to use and even my not so tech savvy clients managed to use it and enjoy using it.

Pros

At the time f using Buffer – there weren’t many social media content schedulers on the market. Buffer was inexpensive and easy to use. It was easy to integrate Buffer with Facebook and Instagram and Twitter. The most impactful feature was how easy it was to use and that you could schedule multiple posts to go out automatically which is a huge time saver.

Cons

Buffer was extremely glitchy. There were periods of time that it would not post the content and you wouldn’t know unless you checked. Once this had happened a few times I started to not trust it anymore. As I publish a lot of content at once for multiple businesses it was no longer sustainable to keep checking if posts were going out or not.

BL

Brittney L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

The free plan on Buffer works great!

Pros

We use the free plan and it has been beneficial. They have different calendar layouts so you can see what you have scheduled, where, and when. Very user-friendly, It has other features that you can pay for but if you just need a platform where you can schedule posts to 3 different social media platforms at once, Buffer is a great resource.

Cons

Occasionally, there is an issue connecting to Facebook and the scheduled post is not posted. That being said, when this does happen Buffer will send an email notifying us so we can quickly go and post separately just on that one platform.

RD

Ray D.

The Buffer Review

Love the Buffer and still use it but it's over priced and they need to provide better analytics at the lower pricing levels

Pros

The easiest service of its kind that I have found to schedule and manage large numbers of profiles - I have been with them since the beginning

Cons

They went crazy with the pricing and increased it way too high

Theresa W.

Internet, self-employed

Social Media posting with ease

What a blessing! A big time safer - especially for Instagram!!

Pros

I must say the number one thing I like about Buffer is scheduling posts to Instagram without having to trigger them on my phone! The beautiful posts appear on Instagram (and my other social media accounts) when scheduled - even if I'm busy doing something else. I also like the ability to RE-post things from years ago. Because of this, Buffer is a huge time saver for social media (and my sanity!!)

Cons

Re-posting isn't easy. and somewhat frowned upon - even though re-posts are from past years. And posting a video is a little cumbersome, but it still works!

Rashmi T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Analyze feature is a life saver for marketing professionals

It's nice, the ease-of-use is good and it is totally worth the money because of these recommendations and strategic insights.

Pros

Analyze feature which facilitates reporting and monitoring, strategy recommendation sand helps in social outreach.

Cons

It is a little costly but totally worth it. It also lacks the dashboard presence through which we can track different aspects of the same platform or different platforms, so it becomes a little time-consuming to track certain things.

Dennis M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Best bang for your buck

I am definitely a fan of buffer, and think they're the front runner in their price range for social media automation.

Pros

Buffer is extremely affordable, but in that the variety of options is limited. Buffer is extremely easy to use and as such I have had no problem teaching team members to use it in a matter of minutes. Being able to post directly in groups is a game changer.

Cons

When I first started using buffer the analytics side of the equation was included in all plans, now that it's separate it's harder to justify the price tag.

Melle P.

It's Really Expensive For What it Does

Buffer is great if you're just looking to toss out some content that isn't advanced. Text posts, simple images, reposts of content and so forth, you'll have no problem. If you're looking to post some more advanced content like reels and whatnot, this is not your software. That said, it's fantastic at what it does and it's super simple to use. Tech support is always pretty helpful and they offer a lot of free tips to your email about how to use the software (and social media). Fun extra is you can even post to shopify through it. As I mentioned in the cons section - the price point is high for what it does, but if that's all you need then it might not be a bad fit for you.Our overall experience with buffer was positive, it just wasn't as feature rich as we needed.

Pros

Straightforward posting, clean interface, straightforward to use. Good integration abilities (can be used with canva zapier, wordpress, and a ton of content sources). It also offers easy to access gifs and emojis for your posts and has a pretty decent free plan if you're just looking to do some basic posting.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for the features (or lack of features) that it offers. At $5-$10/channel/month, it's a lot more pricey than some of it's competitors. It also lacks features. There are no advanced post types, no bells or whistles (like best posting time or hashtag research). It also is a bit temperamental about the browser that you're using (which shouldn't really happen since it's been around for so long).

Ebonie H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Buffer is worth the money

Pros

I saved the company $500 by switching to Buffer. I enjoy the software for scheduled post and analytics.

Cons

The interface is pretty dull but simple.

Yasser A.

End-to-End Social Media Management for Ultimate Growth

Buffer is our essential social media management tool for managing over 50+ profile and pages on different social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. We're a Digital Marketing agency and we've achieved a lot of success with our successful clients through Buffer, We fully depend on it for scheduling posts on each network and for generating reports and insights about our performance to enhance it by curating a better content in the future. It's very helpful and essential to all digital marketing agencies.

Pros

Buffer is our favorite platform for measuring and analyzing the performance of our content through the most in-depth insights across different social media channels for a better and deeper understanding about what's working with your audience and what's not, We like the audience demographics for letting us find out if we're reaching the right audience or not, also the boosted post insights to compare the results between organic posts and paid posts, and the best overall is the account analytics to track engagement metrics for every single account in every channel and compare their results in the end for maximizing our growth rate and improving the performance to the max.

Cons

They really need to involve more AI/ML technologies into Buffer for enhancing the tools like for creating a better content recommendation algorithm and also for the insights and reporting, AI would be very helpful in generating artificial intelligence reports based on goals we set as Google Analytics and such tools like it, We're in the age of AI and it's very essential now in every tech product.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Buffer is the Best!!

As a single person managing the marketing across all fields for a company, including their traditional advertising, website maintenance and content, with HR on the side, buffer has enabled me to keep up with the social media without a worry. I can take a day out every few weeks and put a plan into action which will run in the background while I am consumed by other tasks. It is a real life saver.

Pros

I love using this product, after trying to get along with other platforms which enable you to pre program posts across different social media platforms this is by far the best on I have found! It is extremely user friendly, you can clearly look at your monthly schedule on a separate window to see what you have planned it. The reminders for posts which have not successfully posted (e.g. multiple images to instagram) are a brilliant help! And Buffer is constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

Not being able to post multiple images to instagram. Sometimes images take a long time to buffer and stick on '99% finishing up' and you have to delete the post/ reopen the page to try again.

BT

Bhushan T.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Best tool for social media posts management

Overall, Buffer is an effective tool for managing social media content and enhancing productivity.Manage multiple channels with a single account login.

Pros

easy to use UI/Ux, can add many accounts at one place and publish content esialy

Cons

this tool is good for basic and small companies, but on big scall not that much effective

KM

Kris M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A big name that is always solid and reliable

Overall, I've always been very happy to use Buffer. Many clients insist on using it because they're used to it and they love the analytics and metric reporting that the platform offers. When I first started working on social media, I opted for Buffer because it was the biggest name out there. However, I soon migrated to other less pricey platforms. However, some clients insist on Buffer and it isn't a problem for me because I have always found it to be reliable.

Pros

Buffer is generally easy to use and offers users a wide variety of options. There is so much support for different social media channels. Buffer always integration with not only the main channels that are popular all over. It also some of the alternative social media platforms.

Cons

Buffer - presumably because of its name and reputation in the field - charges more than many other social media management platforms out there. There are plenty of other options that are just as reliable, but less well-known. However, in paying for Buffer, you're paying for peace of mind. Another con would be that the content management can be a little difficult to organise.

SH

Stephen H.

Great product

Pros

My team uses Buffer every day for posting and scheduling social media posts, we love it!

Cons

Ideally there would be less limits to the free accounts, but can respect their need to push users to the paid options. Even the free account is a great solution.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Buffer - A Good Tool for Social

Overall it does what we need it to do. It's a good tool, not fantastic, but I have yet to find one that is... so all in all I think Buffer does a great job for the price of the software. I do like how all analytics are in one place and how you can have multiple users and editors working on your social copy. It has definitely made social media management easier.

Pros

I do like the ease of use and functionality. It has a clean interface and you can select from a couple of different plan options, including one for posting and analyzing your social media accounts.

Cons

There are limitations. I wish I could go in and schedule weeks or even months worth of content, but I can't because Buffer does not allow you to post carousel photos on Instagram or LinkedIn. We often share more than one photo on our posts so I have to go and manually do that for those networks when we have more than one photo. I hope that functionality will integrate soon because it is a huge downfall of the platform. However, all other platforms are facing this issue, it's not unique to Buffer.

NM

Noah M.

Media Production, self-employed

Buffer | Is it any good?

Buffer has been a positive experience for me. I've used it for multiple years, and I used the free version for over half of that time. I was pleasantly surprised by how many posts I could schedule, and how many I could schedule across platforms. This kept be for a while, but I would eventually cancel my subscription and leave Buffer when Facebook for Business (which allows access to Instagram and Facebook...

Pros

Buffer is an easy-to-use content publishing software which allows brands to schedule posts ahead of time, and to schedule posts from multiple accounts (and platforms). This is extremely useful, because you can schedule a post for Facebook to release at the same time as Instagram, and you don't have to go to either website to do it. Buffer streamlines social media posts into one complete software. I...

Cons

There was a bug that, on occasion, if you saved your posts to be scheduled then the page would refresh and the post would be gone. This happened rarely, but did happen on occasion. As I've used-browser based services (Express had this issue, for example), I've found that this is a relatively common problem when a page refreshes or your internet is interrupted. I would've stayed with Buffer to this...

Abigail N.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Simple and easy social media manager

I'm a huge fan of Buffer (And Hootsuite), Buffer was the first social media manager I've ever used. It was easy to use and the UI was great. I use the free plan which came with 7 days (I think) to use the Pinterest feature free. I wish the free plan wasn't restricted to 10 posts per profile but I can understand the reason. There was also an image quality loss when I used buffer on my Kindle...

Pros

Buffer integrates nicely with softwares such as start a fire, feedly and Crate. Which are all softwares i use. This makes it easy for me to share content to my followers. It is easy to use and the freeplan supports 5 social medis networks.

Cons

The image quality loss I experienced when i used Buffer on my fire tablet. Granted Buffer on my android tablet is perfect but I wished it worked just as well as Hootsuite did.

TF

Taryn F.

E-Learning, self-employed

Time saving tool... mostly.

Overall, Buffer is useful depending on what social media platforms you use. If you're not uploading a ton of content, you can use the free version! However, I did recently move away from Buffer to use Canva's social media scheduling feature and I prefer it.

Pros

I've been using Buffer for a few years now. It's been a time saving little tool for our non-profit and my personal business. I appreciate the scheduling feature coordinated with many platforms for uploading. It's been a go-to tool for a long time until we started using Canva's social media instant upload and scheduling.

Cons

I've navigated around the limitations of the free plan the whole time I've used this platform. You can only have 10 posts in the queue if you're not paying. Annoying, but understandable. What my biggest hang up is with Buffer is the Instagram uploads. It's frustrating to have to download a different size and reupload new sizes for each platform. Plus, you can't upload videos or carousels. So I don't use Buffer for Instagram uploads. If you need to edit a post, you have to go back into each platform section individually to edit even though you created them together.

Cassandra C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use platform that allows you to spend your valuable time elsewhere!

I love buffer! It truly helps small business owners, brand managers, and social media professionals to keep everything organized and in one place.

Pros

Let's me schedule posts ahead of time so I don't have to worry about getting on my phone or settings alarms at certain times I can schedule posts for multiple accounts across multiple platforms Interface is easy to use and has different types of views so you can pick which you prefer Has a system that helps you to find content without having to go all over the internet

Cons

Sometimes scheduling posts during specific times on the drag and drop interface wouldn't work and it would move my posts all over. I don't suggest using this view for scheduling posts - just choose one of the others!

JP

Joseph P.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

An effective way to keep your social media consistent.

I've used Buffer to handle all of my major social media updates; whenever I have an important piece of news that I want to bring to my followers, regardless of where they engage with my content, Buffer is the obvious choice. I can't even imagine how many cumulative hours I've saved using Buffer to schedule one post where I would have otherwise needed to schedule 3 or more separate updates, all with the same information. Because of that, I'd argue it's almost essential for anyone that needs to update multiple accounts frequently.

Pros

Buffer does exactly what it claims to do - allow you to more easily manage your social media accounts and spend less time updating them individually. It's a simple premise for a service, but one that's very useful and helps save a ton of time. Buffer not only makes this painless, but gives you a ton of scheduling features and options on top of that.

Cons

The pricing on Buffer premium is pretty high. I can see it being worth the investment for bigger social media presences, but for low to mid-tier personalities, small business, or just individual users, I don't see a need to spend so much on Buffer when the basic features would do just fine. Also, if you're scheduling a post for multiple services at once and include Twitter, you will be subject to Twitter's character limit. Similar restrictions also apply for other services. While understandable, I still wish there was some kind of solution for this.

Hi, Joseph, thank you for the kind review of Buffer and feedback on our pricing. As for scheduling a post to multiple services, you can now customize the message for each service individually. Hope that'll make things better. Please feel free to reach out if you are experiencing any issues. Thanks. -Alfred

Mukul C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The tool to make your social media posting hassle-free!

Pros

1. I have been using buffer since years now and me being traveling many times and busy with work schedule, it becomes tedious and a headache task to maintain all my social media posting, buffer makes my work easy when i can schedule my weeklong social plan easily in one day. 2. Buffer app is too good but their team is more awesome, whenever i get stuck somewhere there's almost quick support from these guys. 3. Once getting used to, very convenient and pretty quick to use app.

Cons

1. Recurrent "Unknown Error" issues where posts are not scheduled properly which becomes a hastle in itself. 2. Tagging is nearly imppossible which i think is crucial element in our today's social media posting. 3. Posting to instagram is limited to once per day.

Hi, Mukul, thank you for your review and feedback. 1. I'm so sorry about inconvenience caused by the "Unknown Error" issues. If they are still occurring, may I trouble you to reach out to our support team? Keen to resolve them for you. 2. I agree with you that tagging is crucial in today's social media posting. It's possible to @-mention on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram now, and I believe we are keen to expand on that when the social media platforms allow. Thanks for your patience. 3. To post more than once per day to Instagram, would you be up for adjusting your posting schedule? Here's a quick guide for that: https://faq.buffer.com/article/281-publish-posting-schedule Thanks for your help, Mukul. -Alfred

51-200 employees

A Cost Effective Option for Startups and Early Growth - Not the Long Term Answer

Pros

Buffer is very similar to many social media suite products in that you can easily post to several accounts at the same time. Linking the individual accounts to your main Buffer account is pretty straightforward (and you may become accustomed to the action of re-connecting the accounts often). The internet browser plug-in allows you to easily post everything from images and articles to entire web pages directly to your social media accounts. Much easier than copy-and-pasting urls and links into a suite platform in order to mention/comment/etc.

Cons

As noted above, I've struggled with my accounts staying linked/synced to the main business account. Additionally, the interface on the software can be difficult to navigate at times, and it's difficult to find help areas/assistance as to where you should be looking to find additional functionality. Scheduling posts in advance can also be problematic if you're utilizing some of the API connections that are automatically generating content for your social media account as you typically end up with a lot of stock content filling your social media accounts.

Hi, there, thank you for the honest and helpful feedback! If you are up for sharing more, I would love to hear your suggestions on how we can make Buffer easier to navigate and use. Also, I'm sorry for the connection issues; we're keen to minimize that.

Fadiah R.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Good application for social media management

Pros

At our company, we have a social media strategy. We pick specific periods for posting on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Insta to maximize engagement. Buffer assists us in systematically implementing this technique. All of our postings can be prepared within one day and posted separately on different days and hours.

Cons

There isn't anything about Buffer that I don't enjoy. To make social media planning simple and customized, Buffer was created, which is why I use it now. With particular design and functionality flaws, this platform has considerably increased my efficiency and productivity in my profession.

Flavio A.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great way to schedule and manage social accounts

Buffer allows me and my team members to manage and collaborate on social media content management and scheduling. Highly recommended for any teams, big or small.

Pros

Buffer is extremely easy to use and allows me to post content to multiple accounts at the same time. Each individual account can have its own schedule as well, so you can stagger posts on different channels. Just set and forget. Once I've added posts to my accounts, the list view allows me to drag and drop to easily shift the position of specific posts in the schedule, while the calendar view gives me an overarching look at all the planned content. I'd like recommend Buffer as a social content management tool.

Cons

Not a big deal, but it would be great to get a preview on the most basic types of posts (link only for example) on channels like Twitter to be able visualize how the Open Graph components are going to be displayed before posting. This type of preview is automatically generated on channels like Facebook.

Hi, Flavio, thank you for your review and suggestion! I love the idea of getting a preview, and I believe it's something the team has been thinking about, too. Thanks for the validation. -Alfred